[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dawn of World Redeus part 3 - Apocrypha
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 22
File: four-horses.jpg (131 KB, 960x539) Image search: [Google]
four-horses.jpg
131 KB, 960x539
New Testament:
>>47000166

So, apparently people are still playing, so I'll leave this up. I probably won't do much myself except add more flourishes to the world.

Unless someone wants to impress the Khan.
>Uruk-Khan calls for the greatest minds of every race, and greatest theologians of every Deity.
>"How does one reflect an aspect of Eae?"
>Answer this question well, (or better yet, demonstrate the answer) and the Breath of Eae will show favor upon you.

Just copy-pasting this, mostly. I'll make one change though, to power gain. (Now only 1d6)
>Basic Rules
http://www.clanwebsite.org/games/rpg/Dawn_of_Worlds_game_1_0Final.pdf

>Important rules changes, do not skip!
Each God gains 1d6 POWER EVER HOUR, on the hour. If you forget to roll, roll later.

Players can TAKE ACTION AT ANY TIME, as long as they have the power to do so. Actions happen on first-come, first-serve basis: the first thing that's posted happens first.

If there's a conflict, the second poster has 15 minutes to take their post back; otherwise, anyone not involved can arbitrate the results.

Ignore the rules granting bonus power for having 5 or less at the end of a round.

NEW PLAYERS can DROP IN AT ANY TIME, and GET 12 POWER (instead of rolling).

Old players can declare their god 'dead', and give their power/holdings to others.
>>
Rolled 1, 1, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2, 1, 3, 1, 1, 3, 2, 1, 2, 3, 3, 1, 2, 3, 2, 3, 3, 3 + 53 = 106 (24d3 + 53)

>>47037835
Don't use jpg compression, it's lossy and makes things nearly impossible to edit. I had to go back to an earlier map.

Please use .png format instead.

>Eae adjusts the western island to me more fitting its inhabitants.
>The island is now only connected to the mainland by a colossal bridge of rock.

79-26+24d3= 53+24d3

Anyone want to talk about how we could rework the rules for this format?
>>
File: w1d4x1.png (81 KB, 1622x832) Image search: [Google]
w1d4x1.png
81 KB, 1622x832
>>47040735
Dammit I keep forgetting the image!
>>
Rolled 3, 3, 3, 1, 3, 3 + 4 = 20 (6d3 + 4)

>Mulat cedes to Eae's wisdom and waits for others' reaction
>>
Rolled 6 + 20 (1d6 + 20)

new hour more powerbuilding
>>
Rolled 2 (1d6)

>>47040314
>>"How does one reflect an aspect of Eae?"
The Local God of the True Center answers
>"Become invested in a place to the point of becoming one with it. Such is the OverGod EAE, Soul of the World. Praise be to them in these dark times.
>>
File: multans.jpg (35 KB, 530x340) Image search: [Google]
multans.jpg
35 KB, 530x340
>>47042182

>Mulat overhears this and sees wisdom in it. and so decides to invest time into the lush forest region in between the mazelands and chasmlands to show everyone what the world could be if it could only set aside their own selfish prerogatives for the betterment of the planet by making his own race in his own image and ideals. A heirarchal society of ratfolk called the Multans, each their own peice to the respective puzzle of the system.

create race -15
advance race -6
final power count: 5
>>
>>47040735
You may not have seen but in the last thread I caused an event in the upper right holy ground hex, reanimating all that were either willing to come back as skeletons or were willing to fight for me/the bone monarch. How many armies should that raise? Keep in mind that the service/reanimation is completely voluntary
>>
File: mep.png (120 KB, 1622x832) Image search: [Google]
mep.png
120 KB, 1622x832
>>47042368
aaand one map to show
>>
File: mep.png (120 KB, 1622x832) Image search: [Google]
mep.png
120 KB, 1622x832
>>47042551
fixed my accidental of removing my icon from the key because copypaste :x
>>
I also went and explained what my necromancy is in the last thread, for those who were wondering
>>
Rolled 4 (1d6)

rolling
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

moar powur
>>
File: w1d4x2.png (91 KB, 1622x832) Image search: [Google]
w1d4x2.png
91 KB, 1622x832
Rolled 2, 6, 1 + 75 = 84 (3d6 + 75)

>>47042182
>The Khan hears.
>The Khan listens.
>The Khan ponders.
>The Khan speaks:

>"To attach one's self to a ephemeral place,"
>"To tend to it dearly and derive satisfaction from its art,"
>"To continue dutiful custodianship beyond the point it has become a burden..."

>"Yes."
>"This is a true vision of Eae and the world,"
>"As reflected in you, True Center."

>"But you are but one shard of a mirror,"
>"The Minder, dutifully carrying the burden of time."

>"There are two others."
>"The Beginner, whose task has ended."
>"The Ender, whose task has begun."

>"Minder, you have but one purpose left."
>"Gather all you deem of worth in the world."
>"Safekeep the worthy in your sanctum."
>"Sacrifice all to preserve it."

Command Avatar: -1
>The Orcs construct a massive ziggurat near True Center, abandoning their usually nomadic architecture.
>The temple is called... "Pilgrim's End".

SUPER CATASTROPHE -30
>Ṯ͙h̸̻̦͖̺e̺͇̦̫͢ ̸͕W̮͡o͙r͚̖͔̼͉̩͖l͇̞̼̘d͕͖͙ ̬i̭̩̬̮͙͕̤͡s̲̬̣̕ ̣͚̟͓̤F̧͚̤̲͉a̤̜͍̙͓̺̳͝ḓ̞̜̲̗̼͇i̜̙̮͎͙̭n̪̺̟͓͕g̭̺͎͕̦̫̕..͔͓̫̣͖͇̥͢.
>>
File: tower.gif (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tower.gif
2 MB, 1920x1080
Rolled 3 (1d6)

>>47043297
>"understood"
command race -6
>The grand pilgramage begins. The Pious & Divine flee toward the Tower of Heaven, the Zealous towards the Ziggurat, the Theosophic to the Idol.
>>
Rolled 4, 5 = 9 (2d6)

>>47043297

>"Oh dear"

>Mulat frantically thinks of something to do concerning all this race he just made
>>
File: tear.jpg (751 KB, 1348x1060) Image search: [Google]
tear.jpg
751 KB, 1348x1060
>>47045218

>An idea!

>Mulat, in order to better think about what to do, decideds to tear himself up, and impart all of his Multans with himself, creating a sort of divine hive-mind.

-8 for create avatar, and -4 for purify civ. unless told thats to be another const entirely.

Pool:3
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>
>>47044088
>>47046293
using the last of my power, I detach the The Idol, The Tower, and The Ziggurat from the plane with the races inside and they disappear for an Aeon as I regain my strength inside of The Tower.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d6)

>>
Rolled 3, 3, 3, 5, 4, 1, 1, 1, 5, 2, 5, 1, 4, 1, 2 + 15 = 56 (15d6 + 15)

I'm going to gather all of my power
>>
>>47046921
>I see the world fading, the things I have worked so hard to create about to be swallowed up in an abyss
>Expending all my power, I lift the island from the ocean, away from the quickly receding land, and imbue it with my remaining power and my divine essence, hopefully saving my creations for eternity
-56 (6 events)
>>
File: maaap.png (123 KB, 1622x832) Image search: [Google]
maaap.png
123 KB, 1622x832
>>47046786

The multans begin constructing mystic runic monoliths at the borders of their region, so as to try to keep that much stable

-3 for command race
pool:4
>>
Rolled 3 (1d6)

>>
Rolled 2 (1d6)

>>
Rolled 2 (1d6)

>>
Rolled 6, 1, 6, 3, 6, 5, 1 = 28 (7d6)

Roll
>>
File: monolith.jpg (414 KB, 1350x622) Image search: [Google]
monolith.jpg
414 KB, 1350x622
>>47048355
The Multans gather together in the center of their lands, raise high their arms and let the power of Mulat, infusing it into the runic monoliths on its borders.
With hope, this will save the people of Mulat from the encroaching destruction

>weakened from this, the spirit of Mulat within the multans goes dormant

-9 event
pool:0
>>
Man, where did everybody go?
>>
File: w1d4x3.png (308 KB, 1622x832) Image search: [Google]
w1d4x3.png
308 KB, 1622x832
>>47047040

T̥̱͉̹̒̇͝h͈̦͖̗̤̠͇̙͗ͩ̆̐͠͠e̗̦̘͉̭͖̲̣ͦ̓̃͌͊ͅ ̼̩ͤͣͯͬ̿ͩV̶̷̨͎̼̭̲̻̀̑̔̊̏o͓̯̝̽ͫ͂ͣ͒̚͘ȉ̙͉͔̥̓̏̇ͪ̀̏ͥ̒͢d͕̥̻͔͙̼̮̼̭͗ͪ̃͞ ͤ͌̊̓͑͏̡͔͓̰̥̭ͅH͚͎͈̀̊̾͛̀u̴͂͐ͤ͒͆͏̝͎͔͕̝̩͖n͌ͮ̃̇̚̚͏̱̜ĝ͉̔̇͐͂́e͉̩̩̺̝͍̔̽̔ͯ̐̕ͅṛ̨̀̒̎̒̌̾̎ͅs̶̨̝̦̜̫̯͔͓͕͗̋̓.̫͕̈́̃̿̄͒̏̌̐ͨ̕.̩̲̩̲̏͆͢.͍̭̂̏͡

>The Orcs greet the void as only Orcs can.
>>
File: 1462232961643.png (403 KB, 1622x832) Image search: [Google]
1462232961643.png
403 KB, 1622x832
>>47049016
(Cataclysm 10)
>Seeing the encroaching void, Yhol seeks to sever his lands from time and space itself. Reality begins to fold into labyrinthine structures in the mazelands as are pulled part ways into the realm of thought. Suspended between reality and concept, the lands of the spire return to their creator's original state: Mere observers of the unfolding events

(Event 9)
>A pillar of indigo fire appears in the holy land, and from it coalesces an egg-like structure. This is the Egg of Ages, the Archive of people. Here, those seeking to be preserved may soujurn here, to have their bodies and minds converted into pure information and stored within the indestructible ark.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>
Rolled 2, 5 = 7 (2d6)

bump
>>
Rolled 2 + 6 (1d6 + 6)

>>
>>47049016
>>47049413
>>47046447
most of the orcs and Students already evacuated. those were the zealous and theosophic respectively. as did the humans and local gods (Pious and Divine)
>>
>>47050888
Yeah, but I still have my other races to take care of.
>>
File: dawn of worlds.png (403 KB, 1622x832) Image search: [Google]
dawn of worlds.png
403 KB, 1622x832
>>47050888
forgot pic cause the ziggurat, Idol, and Tower disappeared along with everyone on them
>>
File: 1462240170802.png (403 KB, 1622x832) Image search: [Google]
1462240170802.png
403 KB, 1622x832
>>47050909
>The Archministers and their followers, as well as the remaining citizens of Axis and Cynosure, file into the Egg to await the end.
>>
Rolled 2 + 7 (1d6 + 7)

Roll.
>>
File: 1462232961643.png (403 KB, 1622x832) Image search: [Google]
1462232961643.png
403 KB, 1622x832
(Event 9)
>Forgetting not his friendship with the great Lord of Earth, Yhol produces a second Egg, on the side of one of the southern mountains. He calls to the Scorpions, as well as the Satyrs and the Archons, and all the other lesser races, to seek the Eggs so that their people may not be lost
>>
Rolled 4 + 8 (1d6 + 8)

the multans, after a good ammount of debate with just about everyone in their small forest, eventually decide that maybe the egg would be the best way to go

>but then Mulat reawakens and tells them to shutup, it will be fine.

the multans go back to their homes surrounded by the divinly-enhanced runic pillars and await the end
>>
File: dawn of worlds fading.png (2 MB, 1622x832) Image search: [Google]
dawn of worlds fading.png
2 MB, 1622x832
>>47050909
This world disappears
All of its woes shall soon fade
Quite unlike the stars
>>
Rolled 6, 5, 6, 1, 5 = 23 (5d6)

rolling for missed ones
>>
File: omega.jpg (103 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
omega.jpg
103 KB, 1200x800
>>47051178

>Uruk-Khan sat alone.

>The Khan ruled all that was, though there were none to obey him.
>The Khan sat upon the highest peak, though there were none to see him.
>The Khan spoke, though there were none to hear him:

>"Eae is all."
>"Eae is one."
>"Eae is none."

>And the Khan returned to the sea of possibility from which Eae created the world.
>The seeds of this reality, preserved by the gods and remembered by Eae, scattered into the void.
>Perhaps one or more may become the sparks that ignite new worlds into existence...

>Only Eae knows.

THANK YOU FOR PLAYING.
>>
File: 13hrp5.gif (213 KB, 300x154) Image search: [Google]
13hrp5.gif
213 KB, 300x154
>>47051503
>>47051441
>>47051178
Choosing to stagnate
Gods hide away from the End.
They have Star Nature
>>
File: .gif (251 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
.gif
251 KB, 420x315
>>47051503
So this is how it ends? Not a bang, not a whimper, but a low, contemplative sigh.
>Yhol sits in his tower, staring forlornly at the last page of his book. Nothing more to study, now. Nothing more to write. He writes the epitaph of his world, and leaves the ink to dry.
>He stands from his most ancient place of learning, and gazes at the star filled eternities beyond the walls of his children's much reduced world. A small smile plays at the edges of the old god's mouth, for the first time in eons.
>Somewhere, sometime, a new world will burst from the blind eternites, and unleash things heretofor undreamed of. He glances longingly at the other books in his library, the ones who's stories are yet unwritten, yet unknown even to him, and when they become he will be there to chronicle them.
>Yes, there would be other stories, he was sure.
>After all. Everything ends.
It's been super fun, guys. We need to do this sort of thing again.
>Even endings.
>>
File: rat in space.jpg (154 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
rat in space.jpg
154 KB, 900x900
The collective shards of Mulat within the survivng forest of the multans contemplate the state of affairs. And it seems that this forest will be a floating island. some of him stare off towards the event horison of Yhols lands. he never did get to interact with many of the dieties of what once was, which is a shame because yhol's knowlege could have benefitted the collective a great deal.

those bits of him sighed.

>"ah well" most of him said "maybe we'll drift into a nebula so we can collect some space dust. make a new place big enough for the people to expand their currently stagnated growth."

As it is though, it seems that the muultans will have to live with just the energies of their god flowing through them.
>>
So, a postmordem analysis:

Having the "Post Whenever" rule was what really let this thread live. Without it, we'd have floundered around just like the previous thread.

The only issue was when it came to confrontations. I think that we need to forget any sort of traditional gameplay, and simply resolve things in an "edit war" fashion.

Also, the power gain was a bit skewed, too. I'm thinking that after the first day, it needs to be turned down a bit.
>>
>>47052608
Honestly, I think something could be worked out. It's just our current ruleset isn't really suited for the things people kept trying to do.
>>
>>47052641
I mean we were trying to use a very, very rules light co-op worldbuilding exercise for something that wound up a lot more granular, complicated, and a lot less co-operative than intended.
>>
So... Who will start the next game? I've had my fill of being an overgod for now.

>>47052641
>>47052679
I think we should establish meta-rules (really more like "guidelines") to keep things from being too tied up in conflicts. Like "No proxy wars of race vs race".
>>
>>47052930
I don't know. I mean, religion is a major motivator for wars, and war is one of the major sorts of events that shape history. I think "race v race" wars, or at least civ v civ, are inevitable if people are basically going to stick to largely managing one race and one culture as they did for a lot of the threads.
>>
>>47052930
I already know who my next deity shall be...
>>
>>47052979
Then we should have a meta-rule of "Don't stick to one race. If you do, don't complain if other gods hit that race with catastrophes because they think you're showing too much favor to them."

I know I would have liked that rule when it came to those damn man-scorpions. Only my duty as an overgod kept me from doing something nasty to them at one point... Now that I think of it, I'd have used a variant of Cordyceps.
>>
>>47053044
See, now I'm of somewhat the opposite camp. I much preferred developing my one little corner and guiding their actions. I think that had I needed to diversify and spread my attentions around, I wouldn't have felt as invested and might not have come back. I'm not sure if that's because I was playing the game "wrong" or something, but that's what kept me interested.
>>
>>47053139
Well, developing one's own corner is all well and good for a single player's enjoyment, but not for a *group's*.

Also, if we collaborate on each race, then there's less of a chance that a major race (like humans in this game) will suddenly fall by the wayside because its patron deity dropped out.
>>
>>47053436
True, but isn't that sort of a problem for any collaborative effort? I mean we'd still likely have groups just sort of stopping because no one is controlling them. And I see each race/culture/etc doing a lot less if not largely controlled by maybe one or two players, at least for periods of time.
>>
>>47053436
I mean I definitely feel where you're coming from, and I get the points your making, but I feel that it's highly likely and probably useful that people have at least some favoritism towards a given race or group. You sort of need to have someone driving that group to act in a concerted manner, otherwise you get either them doing nothing or them behaving very erratically. Plus, people tend to get more attatched to 'their' creations and 'their' races.
>>
Oh shit
>>
>>47053757
Yup. The world's ended. Now we're trying to figuire out the order of things for whatever comes next. What's your opinion on the >>47053044
>>47053139
issue?
>>
File: The True Center.png (205 KB, 454x750) Image search: [Google]
The True Center.png
205 KB, 454x750
>>47053757
sorry, dude, you missed the apocalypse.
>>47053777
hmm... I think this can be used in moderation. everyone likes their guys, but people should still branch out. such paradox, such divinity.

I suppose I should make an epilogue
>aeons pass in a few seconds
>kalpa pass in meditation outside of reality
>surrounded by divine attendants and mortal followers in the tower of heaven, The True Center waits
>though of what is he the center of?
>he ponders this alongside The nature of the dying OverGod EAE
>He thinks as a shard of a mirror
>He thinks as the center of All
>As a woman
>as a man
>as a king
>as a God
>as a star
>as nothing at all
>if he is a shard, should he be made whole?
>parhaps, says all the tower as him
>but one needs the other shards first.

{start prayer}
oh, stars, we are a mirror
oh, void, we are a mirror
oh, tower, we are a mirror
oh, god, what do we mirror
let us reflect god who reflects God
{end prayer}
>>
b
>>
>>47053579
>>47053504
That's why I'm thinking it more of a "Guideline" than an actual rule.

>It's okay to show favoritism to one race, but don't expect exclusivity.
>Other gods can and probably will exert their influence over that race as well.
>You should invest your work into the entire world, not just one corner, so you won't feel hurt when another god decides to expand upon your race.
>>
>>47053757
>>47054244
>sorry, dude, you missed the apocalypse.
To be fair, I *have* been talking about it since Saturday...
>>
Okay, first thing I'm thinking of doing is nixing the concept of discrete ages. Instead, we should focus on the natural rhythm of real-life days.

One "Creation Day" represents a single era of the world.

The Overgod kicks off the Creation Day each morning, (preferably with a new thread) and sets the parameters for actions (costs etc.) for that day based upon the state of the world.

In the evening, the Overgod declares the end of the day when the majority have ceased posting.

>Having a decent, reliable Overgod is key!
>If he fails his duties, the game will stall and crash!
>The Overgod can designate proxies and/or set times in advance if he's going to be busy or needs to sleep.

There may be extra rules where gods are considered to be "sleeping" until their player posts during that Creation Day, but the specifics can wait...

>If a deity misses an entire Creation Day, he or she (or it) is considered "Forgotten by Mortals".
>Forgotten gods should be treated as out of the game until their return.
>The Overgod should post which gods have been Forgotten at the beginning of each Creation Day.

Thoughts are appreciated!
>>
I want to reward players for diversifying their actions, but not for taking no actions... So, rework of the power system is in order.

I'm thinking... Maybe we should freeform actions when it comes to less-than-cataclysmic level stuff (which includes shaping land).

Yeah, that could work.

Let's say you want to describe some of the plants and animals of an area, or perhaps that region's geography.
>Not only is this free, you get rewarded for doing it.

Taking time to add texture to the world, especially parts of it that you didn't create yourself, will reward you with Act Points. As in "Act of God" Points, get it?

AP are used when you want to do something big, like sink an island post initial creation, give a civ a blessing or curse, move a megabeast, etc.
>AP should expire if you don't use them, to discourage hoarding.
>AP should *regenerate* partially if you use them well (i.e. to create a narrative, not just to help "your dudes" and hurt "their dudes").

This whole concept needs some good regulations... Peer review and/or Overgod fiat.

There may be a second reward as well... Let's call it "Creation Points". They'd mostly be for "High Score" purposes, though. (Again, to encourage building upon others' creations.)
>>
>>47060872
Oh!

What if Creative Points were gained when adding detail to other deity's creations, and spent when expanding one's own?

There would need to be some rules to govern this though, so that people don't just "adopt" someone else's race for EZ-power.

Not sure how that would work.
>>
Another problem we had was that the Avatar system was utterly broken by the asynchronicity. But I also noticed that people liked describing exactly how their gods personally shaped the world... So I'm thinking of reworking this system.

What would you guys think of this idea...

So, ditch the current concept of Avatars entirely, it's too vague for this purpose. Let's split off colossal beasts, mortal champions, and such, leaving "Avatar" to refer a direct incarnation of the deity.

This may be a literal physical incarnation, an unseen presence, a spiritual proxy, an exalted mortal, or even a host of angels (or demons)... The important thing is that the deity's essence is there.

>Avatars are the ONLY thing deities have exclusive control of.
>Avatars expire/disappear/ascend automatically unless renewed.
>Other stuff I've thought of, but I've been doing nothing but type too long already...

Early in the game, each deity would just be walking their avatar around, shaping the world.

I've thought of a way for avatars (and other things in the world) to interact, but I don't have the time to type anymore...

I guess this thread will eventually die. I'll try to compile a trial version of my idea that doesn't change things too radically... I think I'll start with the Avatars, since they were the most broken thing we had.
>>
>>47061114
>I'll try to compile a trial version of my idea that doesn't change things too radically...
Just FYI, this won't be ready for several days at least.

Anyone else wants to give a shot at being Overgod in the meantime, go right ahead! I'd enjoy being a more direct participant.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.