[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BFG General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: temp-overlord.png (129 KB, 375x525) Image search: [Google]
temp-overlord.png
129 KB, 375x525
With the video game out and pretty good, did you (or are itching to) go dig through your attic for that box of half-painted ships and broken flight stands you haven't touched in 15 years? I know I am! Some folks on Dakka also talk of BFG beign resurrected by GW next year but I haven't seen the source on that. Would be amazing if true, even if they just re-issue the original models.
>>
>>47039987
>Torpedoes have shorter range than lances
>In space
>Where there is nothing to stop them from moving and the only things preventing infinite effective weapon range are delta-v, focal length, and accuracy
>>
>>47042639
That's not the real range of the torps, that's how far they travel in a turn.
>>
>>47042639
>hes never played BFG
>>
I have a game of Imps vs Eldar scheduled for Friday. They will know the fury of the Emperor-class battleship "Horus Did Nothing Wrong"
>>
I realize it's not the place to ask really, but something has been bugging me.

In Rogue Trader ships are all built to provide power to every component at once. The warp drive and Geller field are among those, along with weapons and shields.

My question then is, lore and logic wise, is there any reason you'd ever need to power weapons, void shields and warp drive at the same time?

Even if you want to, can you even open weapons ports or aim when in the warp? I was under the impression that every port, sensor and window was secured with blast shutters before warping.

Void shields do nothing to protect a ship from the immiaturium.
>>
I regret not buying models when they were available from GW. Nobody local played bfg. Now second hand models are stupid expensive and could be in bad condition

Really hoping they just bring back the old models
>>
>>47039987
How to make sure your thread dies:

>Don't actually state the name of the subject matter of the thread in the thread title or OP so someone looking for "battlefleet gothic" finds nothing
>no links to anything in the OP
>no explanation of anything in the OP
>>
Where can i find the rules for the Nemesis fleet carrier?
>>
>>47046846
It's unofficial, essentially. Published in one of the old bfg mags.
>>
>>47044480
I guess powering up the warp drive takes a lot of time and you still need it if you want to escape from a battle

Also with the Gellar fields; they essentially project a bubble of realspace around a ship in warp. Theoretically that means weapons should work within the projected realspace. I guess the seal up is to help with stability.
>>
>>47044480
It's probably more of a matter that you can't just flip a switch to turn off the component. Void shield generatoria are enormous complexes the size of small towns, with vaults filled with crackling generators. You don't just turn than on and off every time the captain needs some extra power to run the coffee machine.
>>
>>47047777
This. You might want shields if you're entering the Warp under fire, similarly you may want to return said fire at the asshat who's forcing you to warp out, all the while powering up the warp drive and the gellar field.
>>
>>47039987
>BFG ship cards
that's a damn good idea.
>>
>>47047870
Yeah, but turns are like a half hour long and if, for some reason, a component begins the turn unpowered you can power and use it during that turn.

>>47047777
>>47048192
This is pretty much what I thought of. If you want to return fire while the warp drive spins up you need to be able to power it and weapons at the same time. It's not a huge deal if you have to shut off the weapons while the warp drive comes online.

As to the size of the geller field, I'm under the impression that it's a bubble, but nowhere near large enough to allow an engagement between void ships, and even if you could you can't open the gun ports or sensors in the warp in any case.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.