[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are new guild master of Thieves Guild in pretty big town.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
You are new guild master of Thieves Guild in pretty big town. As your organisation is pretty new in town, you must create everything from start. What rules, rangs and Modus operandi you would use? How would you solve problem of freelancer thieves?

Share your ideas.
>>
>>47038875
1. No stealing from each other
2. Rule 1 does not apply to guild leaders
>>
Well, let me start. Writing from phone so this will take a couple of posts.

Rules:
>1. Guild is your family. We are on same boat. If it sink, you will sink with it.
>2. There IS honor among thieves. Don't steal from each other and don't try to fuck up others or you will meet same fate.
>3. Guildmaster and Higher Circle words in matter of thievery are law. Listen to them.
>4. We aren't assassins or mercenaries - avoid killing people.

Rest of rules:
Never reveal guild-related information or its sources to the authorities, nor to any non-Guild member. Guild premises, procedures, or personnel may not be discussed with any non-Guild member.
Never inform on another Guild member.
Never tell the authorities where the Guild headquarters is.
Never disclose the identity of the Guildmaster.
Never rob a business or individual protected by the Guild.
Never bring a non-Guild member onto guild premises without the Guildmaster's approval.
Never include non-Guild members in Guild activities.
Never belong to or work for another Thieves or Assassins Guild.
Don't enlist the aid of another Guild or a member of another Guild without the Guildmaster's approval.
Don't get involved in non-Guild thievery within the Guild's territory.
Guild members must pay all regular Guild dues.
Guild members must pay the Guild and the Guildmaster their share of all loot before receiving their cut.
No large heists or robberies may be performed without the Guildmaster's approval.
Guild members must get the Guildmaster's approval before taking an apprentice.
Apprentices may not become involved in Guild business without their mentor's or Guildmaster's consent.

Cont...
>>
>>47038875
> You are new guild master of Thieves Guild in pretty big town.
So I collect wealth taxes?
>>
>Rules.
Honor amoung thieves, do not steal from your brother and sisters in the guild.
Disputes within the guild are settled with a competition within the guild hall.
You keep what you steal, but the guld takes a fence-fee for anything you sell illegally.
No killing.

How many do we have to start? Is it just me, or do I have at least four others?

As for free-lance thieves we simply show them the benefits of having the backing of a guild.
A pickpocket or cutpurse can be caught and killed for their indescresion; a guild thief can get away by having a friend or two cause a distraction.
>>
There has to be a no stealing from the poorest or else beggars and such will not support you. Someone always sees something and it is importent to have those on your side
>>
File: Gentleman Rapscallion.jpg (87 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Gentleman Rapscallion.jpg
87 KB, 800x600
The Most Respectable Order of Gentlemen Rapscallions and Ne'er Do Wells.

1) Don't be a cunt
2) 20% goes to the Guild
3) Those paying dues are immune

We're thieves and blackguards (not the class, the archaic meaning) not a damn Paladin Order.
>>
>>47039726
A small band of Thieves, around 15-20.
>>
>>47039154
If you have to have rules like this, hilariously specific rules then you have already failed. It is the same as a place of employment that begins instituting rules when something slight happens, you get the right gang, you let people police themselves, things work out better always. If you really need to write a rule to the effect of 'Don't tell guild business to others outside the Guild' you're fucked.

>>47041215
One guy on the top and all the rest form ad-hoc, free to affiliate with who they wish, so long as the money comes in steady. The fewer the rules, the better behaved they will be (By virtue of having less rules to break) and ultimately more profitable, which is the only reason you are a thief, easy money.
>>
File: blackguard on the roof.jpg (103 KB, 674x1037) Image search: [Google]
blackguard on the roof.jpg
103 KB, 674x1037
>Rules
>Guild

Now listen here you little shit.

I'm the boss, you do as I say, you don't get to do as I do.

Some folk I can trust, those few with some brains between their ears and the stones for the work, they get to be my capos. You do as they say, don't get to do as they do unless I tell you you can.

You pay your taxes, fair as fair can be, and in exchange you get to tell people who you work for and watch them go pale and apologise profusely.

If you don't like that, well lad, who fuckin' cares what you like or don't like you lice ridden piss bucket. My town. My rules.

Don't tread on my toes. If that rubs you up the wrong way, then become a tanner or a baker or a horse fucker, or fuck off somewhere else if you want to keep pinching. Fuck with the bottom line, in any way, you will end up with at the bottom of a canal with a hole in your throat quicker than the undergarments drop on a two copper whore.

Don't want to pay your taxes? Canal.

Don't like working for me or my chosen? Canal

Steal from us? Well, I guess that'll be, erm, oh, yeah, CANAL, along with your friends, your family, your associates, and even that vaguely pretty lass who works at that tavern you like who gave you the eye that one fucking time!

My town. My rules. Canal.
>>
>>47042041

I like this guy. I work for him now.
>>
Dealing with freelancer thieves is easy, take over or murder all the fences that operate outside the guild then if someone steals something and wants to sell it they'll be stuck paying huge non-member fees.
>>
I spread rumors about a local thieves guild which meets in an abandoned warehouse by the dock and then fucking murder anyone who shows up
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.