[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did your adventuring party meet /tg/? Did you use the classic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
How did your adventuring party meet /tg/? Did you use the classic tavern route, or some kind of clever twist of it? Or perhaps no in-game reason at all and assumed they were together already? I love hearing creative ways this is done.
>>
Since we fell to page 5, I'll post one of mine.

When I started my group in a tavern, there was an actual collective groan, but by the time the massive drunk brawl was finished and the 4 PC's were the only ones still standing when shit actually got real, they liked the start. This was probably on of my longest running campaigns because of people not dropping as well.
>>
>>47033207
Game started with all of them in the same town doing their own thing (one guy at the bar, one at the town hall posting an ad, on buying groceries, etc.)

The city was attacked by the BBEG and his army, with the High Paladin meeting him in combat with his Order.

The defenders fended off the BBEG, but the whole town got wrecked, and the player characters were all part of the rebuilding effort. Then they headed out as a scouting party.
>>
>>47033207
Each made their characters, and an animal they felt would best represent that character or would be that character's "spirit animal" to use a phrase that's been abused lately.

They each started in that animals natural environment and would meet in the 2nd session.

They ended the game finding out they were actually those animals who had been corrupted/transformed, and this was then reversed when they beat the BBEG. The tiger immediately ate the ferret. It was hilarious.
>>
It wasn't an all at once thing, one by one the characters came to join the party.

Originally it was started by one character, then one joined him, and so on and so on.
>>
>>47033511
I did something similar, where each player was on the same bus doing their own thing when the bus is attacked and they're some of the few who tried to fight back.
>>
>>47033207
From what I can recall, our characters had some reason to gather up in a secluded house in a major city, do some unknown magic shit, and get KO'd and jailed. They said up, get told by the prison guard that it's a temporary detainment, and are promptly let out and given their starting gear.
>>
>>47033207
The BBEG stole our fucking cars, so we banded together to wreck his shit.
>>
Since I'm running an evil campaign, they met in a jail. The king gave them freedom for cleaning [Plot location] and bringing him [Plot gem]. It's been three sessions since then, and I can tell you, /tg/, without a shadow of doubt, it was the worst decision of his life.
>>
>>47033207
They were all from the same town and got conscripted. Almost everyone was in a different social circle before then and only knew each other in passing.
>>
Guarding traders as we passed through what can only be described as mordor. It's quicker than going over the mountains.
>>
The party disbanded over conflicts of interest and philosophy.

My character, possessed of a specific mission rather than random adventuring, put up postings all over the region for "warriors, wizards, and other experts of stout heart and adventurous disposition." I rented out a room at an inn for a few weeks doing interviews. It was a good IC way of explaining why we all have such similar mindsets.

I'm so grateful they picked my character to be the centre of the party, after a long time being forever GM being a party leader is a huge deal for me.
>>
>>47033820
>Tiger
>Ferret
Warrior and Thief?
>>
They work together in the city guard.
>>
I just plonked them down in the middle of the dungeon and left it up to them how they met and why they stuck together.
>>
>>47033207
Fate Core chargen
>>
>Be apprentice to the local wizard
>Mentor gets into some shady dealings with criminals for research materials and/or funding
>Knock of the door one night
>Go to answer
>Sword hilt to the face, black out
>Wake up at the local inn
>Bounty hunters (other players) asking me what I know about these guys
>thefuckaretheytalkingabout?
>Go back to mentors lab, place is ransacked, mentor gone

Well fuck, now I wana catch these bastards too, You guys are letting me come along whether you like it or not. Besides, they've probably got magical stuff now and none of you look like you know the first thing about magic.

>Proceed to get REKT and almost killed in every encounter involving non-magic enemies ever.
>>
>>47033207
>A plothole opens up and X falls out.
>>
Met the barbarian after he attacked the town I normally sold the pelts to.
Met the paladin while he had a one on one with said barbarian.
Been friends with the druid since she said I could hunt in the forest as much as I liked.
Cleric kinda forced me to join the party once he found out me and the druid are fruebds.

Don't know where the warlock came from, but he's pretty chill.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.