[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Online Retailers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
So /tg/, if you order online, who do you order from? Any retailers to absolutely avoid? Any retailers that absolutely deserve business?

I had just ordered some stuff from Miniature Market (Dropzone Commander), and while the prices are fucking great, I'm starting to think that they sell slightly defective products, at least for DZC; the rulebook had two (small) pictures where the color was totally fucked, and the models all had (very small) defects; a detail was sealed over or missing, a section was almost imperceptibly bent, or maybe a very small bubble on a not-too-visible sections.
Nothing big or major enough to make me want to return my stuff, but it was still kind of a let down; can anyone else confirm if this is the case for their other stuff? If it is, I wouldn't be surprised seeing how cheap they sell the stuff for.
>>
I got the Infinity N3 rulebook set from them and the cardboard slipcover case thingy that holds the 2 books was slightly dented, everything else I've gotten( X-Wing miniatures, dice, Pathfinder and Rogue Trader books) has been fine though.
>>
>>47028241
Interesting; I bought paints and brushes from them before as well, and everything was good except for one brush (which, again, was decent and serviceable enough to not bother returning)
>>
File: Ask not the Eldar.jpg (85 KB, 1234x395) Image search: [Google]
Ask not the Eldar.jpg
85 KB, 1234x395
Bumping
>>
The places I usually find myself ordering from are Warstore and then just randomly on ebay. Honestly, ebay has a ton of good deals if you're willing to poke around even just a little bit. Warstore would probably be better for me if I was buying in bulk but, I never seem to. Their prices are 'okay' they just have coupons basically every day of the year. If I remember correct I ordered from MM one time and they were alright, my stuff seemed to be in fine condition but it was all just bases.
>>
I would love try some online-retailer but shipment costs for outside the US are a pain. so much that I pretty much I have to pay twice a game just to bring it over here.

honestly I don't know if it will be possible for me enjoy anything that isn't in Devir's thin catalog
>>
>>47031932
Thanks for mentioning warstore, their prices look great! How is the quality of minis there?
>>
>>47032605
Everything I've gotten has come with the quality I'd expect if I just bought it off the shelves. I mean of course there's always the chance you might get a bad apple but, thus far I've gotten good quality from them.
>>
File: 1437939843788.jpg (919 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
1437939843788.jpg
919 KB, 2048x1365
>>47027995
Never had a problem with MM, though I got my Dropzone stuff from ebay and spikey-bits.com which has the same or slightly better prices.

TheWarStore was my go to back in the day when they had free shipping, but now the only thing they have going for them is a huge variety of miniature lines.

DiscountGames was my choice for Warmahordes, but they caved to the anti-online retailer policy so now I'm not buying from them anymore.
>>
>>47032684
I'll definitely have to order some stuff from them, seeing as they apparently have even better rates than MM.
>>
>>47027995
>I'm starting to think that they sell slightly defective products,
Wait, do you think they make the stuff themselves? They sell what they get from the manufacturers or distributors. A little packaging scuff might happen in shipping or warehousing, but they are hardly requesting seconds and QA/QC failures to sell unless they specifically say so. And in the US, they have to.
>>
>>47033971
>Wait, do you think they make the stuff themselves?
Obviously not, but I'm starting to think that, at least for DZC, everything they sell is somewhat below par.
Of the stuff I've ordered, everything has had a (minor) defect:
Rulebook has a miscoloration in two pictures
Heavy dropship had warped engines
(3x) Medium dropships all had warped engine intakes, as well as one of them having a slightly bent body
Another heavy dropship (scourge) had a warped wing, with another wing being bent just enough to where I couldn't fix it perfectly.

6 faulty products seems like too much of a coincidence to me, and everything was packed very well.
>>
>>47032786
Better rates? As far as I have seen, MM and DiscountGamesINC are the ones to beat.
>>
>>47034644
Ah, yeah, it looks like its only on a few select things on WS. The discount fluctuates a bit, but they're pretty much the same as MM, maybe ten or twenty cents more expensive.

Regardless, a near 20% discount, give or take a percent or two, is still pretty good.
>>
I've had great results from miniature market, cool stuff inc, and even tcgplayer.
>>
>>47034274
You ever consider you might just be playing a game with shit manufacturers, Fox Mulder? Warps and defects in resin is par for course, and I don't even know if you can count the rulebook, since you haven't stated a sample size of good rulebooks you've seen from MM. I can tell you I've ordered several FFG Star Wars books from them, and haven't had any issues.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.