[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's the deal with L5R? Particularly the TCG, I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: l5r-logo-2015.png (99 KB, 440x200) Image search: [Google]
l5r-logo-2015.png
99 KB, 440x200
So what's the deal with L5R? Particularly the TCG, I've been reading about it in other threads previously and there's some information about FFG having bought it? I sort of wanted to get into the game but, if it's dead or at least changing hands should I hold off and see what happens? Is there any information about it or when it will potentially be released?
>>
Gen Con Indy 2017, that's when they've said they're going to be introducing a new era.

Until then, we know nothing other than that they're changing the CCG to a LCG.
>>
>>47026414
So should I hold off from trying it out then? I sort of figured I should probably hold off but I wasn't sure on if there's any information on if the old stuff carries over. I really have zero idea about the game but if I can try it out before then, and still get to use my stuff that'd be cool.
>>
So, uh, general l5r thread too? Don't think there's been an l5r thread in a while
>>
>>47026559
The CCG is basically dead, but for anyone running their own tournaments out there somewhere. The RPG is what it is; I'd recommend 4e or 1e if you're looking at getting into it.
>>
>>47026895
That's a shame, guess I'll have to keep m eyes open for the new stuff at Gencon 2017. I might poke my head around the RPG, I've been wanting to run something for my group of friends so I'll see which edition between those two strikes my fancy.
>>
>>47027052
1e has the best fluff by a wide margin (mostly because the metaplot hasn't had a chance to fuck it up) and the Way of series is the best way to get into the mindsets of each of the clans. 4e is the most solid mechanically, 2e is the weakest, with 1e and 3e in between.
>>
>>47027628
The metaplot is the way the course of the fluff was changed because of the CCG tournaments and stuff, yeah? Or do you just mean the overarching plot that began to build?
>>
You guys ready for the best card game ever to come back again? This is gonna be bigger than Netrunner
>>
>>47028220
I'm looking forward to it mostly because I want to get into it at all. I've read the fluff a couple of times as well as the rules for the RPG and I like the setting. The card game from what I can tell seems like a lot of fun as well.
>>
I really liked this game, but I never had anyone to play with. I still have my Tsurichi deck, though.
>>
>>47028071
Both. AEG went full retard with pretty much everything from the Reign of Blood on.
>>
Alright, so, speculation: As an LCG, do you think they'll release ALL the cards in one box, ala Netrunner? Or have multiple starter boxes, containing only staples and cards for a single clan? I'd prefer the latter, but see it as much less likely. Which would you prefer?

Unless they only release, say, 4 clans with the initial release, it seems like the box would have to contain significantly more cards in the starter box than with other releases, no?
>>
>>47028755
My guess is they'll do a starter box with a classic match-up, like Crane vs Lion, and then Clan Boxes for each of the clans. My guess would be that Wave 1 would have Crab, Crane, Dragon, Lion, and Phoenix. Wave 2 would have Mantis, Scorpion, Unicorn, and the Shadowlands Horde/Spider.
>>
>>47028903
Seems likely. I'd be okay with this, particularly if they "reset" the timeline and start fresh with all of the classic, beloved characters.

Things I would love to see:

>Bayushi Kachiko
>Toturi's Army makes a comeback
>Spider clan dies in a fire
>>
>>47029161
>>Toturi's Army
I'd rather have a way to just play Ronin than the return of Toturi's Army.

>>Kachiko
She aint coming back from under Kyuden Bayushi.

>>Remove Kebab--err Spider
All of my yes.
>>
>>47031282
I think he's talking about a reboot of the setting instead of bringing those things back at the time where AEG left off.
>>
>>47031860
I seriously doubt a total reboot will happen. Starting over at the Scorpion Coup or Clan War is a shitty idea. We already know what is going to happen...
>>
>>47031921
Uh, pretty sure the idea of a reboot would be to take the storyline in a not-retarded direction.
>>
File: 1437233460075.gif (446 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
1437233460075.gif
446 KB, 300x186
>>47033084
This. I'd much prefer a reboot.
>>
I wish i could play the RPG, but i don't know how to find anyone to play with
>>
The biggest thing I'd want in a reboot (Fox Clan being Fox Clan instead of part of the Mantis) ain't gonna happen, but I'll settle for the Spider and Iweko's dynasty dying in a fire.
>>
>>47035378
advertise on /tg/? I know Something Awful also has a large L5R playerbase, but your mileage may vary because >Something Awful.
>>
>>47035378
Where do you live anon? I am looking to introduce people to the game with my play tested campaign.
>>
>>47028755
Releasing all the clans at once is nigh impossible. If I could take a guess, Scorpion, Unicorn and maybe Dragon will come as first expansion, and Mantis with Spider/Shadowlands as final pack. Minor Clans and secret Factions like Kolat will probably only get reference cards, or if they keep the Sensei system, at best that.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.