[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /tg/ What system could do Gundam Build Fighters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
File: Aila and Reiji battle.gif (793 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Aila and Reiji battle.gif
793 KB, 480x270
Alright /tg/
What system could do Gundam Build Fighters?
>>
File: 1421228136511.gif (865 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1421228136511.gif
865 KB, 480x270
>>
There's always GURPS, but that's a given.

Considering how crazy and 'lethal' gunpla battles are, Anima might be a start, but the most up to date rules are in Spanish with no official translation in sight.
>>
>>47023458
Any rpg ever with mechas and mecha fighting? You just pretend it is toys duking it out instead.
>>
File: mekton_zeta.jpg (230 KB, 600x775) Image search: [Google]
mekton_zeta.jpg
230 KB, 600x775
>>
File: fenice_wallpaper.jpg (97 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
fenice_wallpaper.jpg
97 KB, 1440x810
>>47024090
What are some good ones, then?
>>
>>47024780
I like Mecha, but I've never seen it so much as mentioned by anyone else.
>>
>>47024090
"Toys duking it out" is exactly what OP is asking for, though.
>>
Battle Century G is a pretty rules-lite mecha system and you can refluff weapons and stuff however you want to match the Gunpla you're designing.
It also has a lot of archetypical scenes like taking a hit for an ally or teaming up for a combination attack built in as Genre Powers which really helps sell the setting.
You can find the substantial core rules online for free and the full pdf is pretty cheap.
>>
>>47023458

BESM.
>>
Engine Hearts
>>
File: d6 mini6.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
d6 mini6.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47024780
Especially when used with the Heavy Gear of Jovian Chronicles fan-conversions.

The HG is easy enough to look up online, but I'll add the JC one here in a bit. It was given to me by another cool anon.
>>
File: JCd6.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
JCd6.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47024780
>>47028264
The only major aspect of the fan conversion as opposed to normal Md6 or Od6 is that mecha are considered "wounded," once when their armor is beat at all, with module damage happening at twice the armor roll or higher, and instant incapacitation happening at thrice the the armor roll or higher. Also they don't get to "wounded twice," they just take stacking Wounded conditions until the mecha in question are useless.

The author suggests bumping all the weapon damages up by a die, making Pathfinders armor 3D, and he commented on how the Armor Piercing quality is kind of broken.
>>
Mutants and Masterminds 2E has a Mecha and Manga supplement, if that's your cup of tea.
>>
>>47027971
I've been running a game of BCG for a while now and I really like how flexible the system is, in that you can rebrand shit as whatever you want without getting too heavy with rules.
shameless plug if anyone wants to listen to the recorded sessions, updating weekly. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiPYKrTYAxqnsSCeD2cSPxT6MP_ED-WxJ
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.