[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever rolled up a child character before, /tg/? If so,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Rickert_Pre-Eclipse_Manga.jpg (299 KB, 390x577) Image search: [Google]
Rickert_Pre-Eclipse_Manga.jpg
299 KB, 390x577
Have you ever rolled up a child character before, /tg/? If so, tell us about them.
>>
My Half-orc Barbarian is 16 does that count?
>>
>>47022590
Once the gamesmaster had the NPC raping my paladin that was a woman, and whereas no other man had happened to take her before she was "uh.....sire I am a virgin." So then she gave birth to Djeremy a boy playing same charachter transferred to another campaign. If gametime passes like realtime Djeremy is grown up now anyway.
(Does your own PC chara's live birth count as a child chara? The DM had me play him, didn't do much he was 2. )
>>
>>47024297
Yes D&D standard fighter characters are legaly minors for a few years when they start out at 16.

Don't ignore the law, you will go to jail.
>>
>>47022590
I've actually played a full on loli before, but given the context, it wasn't weird.

Only about half of us showed up for a normal session once, and after joking about it for a bit, our GM suggested we play an 11-year-old one-shot. We ran around stealing pies and beating up bullies. It was great. We had a tree-house with a sign that said "NO BOYS ALLOWED (Except Tarbord. Cuz he's cool)."

Then next week, our GM said he actual had some material planned for the 11-year-old campaign. The bully we beat up asked us to check on his mother because something was off about her. The more we investigated, the more it looked like spooky body-snatchers shit. No one in town believed a bunch of punk kids, no mater how much evidence we brought to the sheriff.
Finally, we decided to do something about it ourselves. In the end, the eldritch horror that was the body snatcher was about to kill us when the real sheriff kicked in the door and cut it down.
Then our GM reminded us how much he hates kids.
>>
>>47024297
No as half-orcs are for all purposes developed and adults by 16.
>>
current character is 17 yo human ranger not sure if that counts
>>
Played a kid working for a Lady in a Lake who found and trained him and made a man out of him, so as to best serve as her champion. His age when she found him was 10 and at the start of the game was 15. There were some creepy /ss/ implications and developments in the game because of their situation, which was annoying because his age was completely by chance, DM had us roll for stuff like that including age and I happened to get really low and wound up with a kid.

Apart from the magical realm backstory though, it was pretty fun yeah.
>>
File: DrownedCities2-PaoloBacigalupi.jpg (746 KB, 1181x1858) Image search: [Google]
DrownedCities2-PaoloBacigalupi.jpg
746 KB, 1181x1858
Reading this made me want to play a child soldier.
>>
>>47024297

I'm now imagining a mafia don or something who takes advantage of sixteen-year-old half-orc boys and girls.
>>
>>47022590
>WoD Innocents game
>Only one playing a boy.
>He's good at sports, but also really into fantasy novels and some other nerd shit.
>He's at that weird age where some of his friends think it's weird that he still likes reading books about imaginary elves and playing with girls instead of... I admit I don't know a lot about what normal 12-year--olds do. I wouldn't be posting on /tg/ if I had been a normal kid.
>His friends Rich and Rambunctious Girl, Nerdy Smart Girl, Way Too Tall Because She Hit Her Growth Spurt Early Girl and Kind of Spacey Girl have been his friends since, like, ever, so screw everyone else.
>Being the only boy in a group of girls is still kind of awkward.

>After some light supernatural kid adventures like the ghost haunting the science lab (science teacher's dead wife) and the mystery of the mystery of the monsters in the construction yard (they're only scaring people away at night because construction yards are dangerous and they don't want anyone to get hurt) shit got kind of heavy.
>Classmate's single dad is dating a vampire who's slowly draining the life out of him. He's addicted to the sensation of being drained, but that relationship is the only thing keeping the guy from being too depressed to get out of bed in the morning. Dad's in therapy of his depression, but his doctor's hesitant to prescribe anything because of an admitted history of addictive and drug-seeking behavior.
>A teacher's teenage son is dying his hair, getting weird tattoos and keeps disappearing at night and coming home covered in bruises. He's also a spy working for a demonic agency to protect mankind from the tyranny of divinity. That family's never really going to reconcile.
>Even without the supernatural shit, being a kid and trying to help the helpless adults without making their situation spiral out of control is kind of depressing.
>>
Twice. Once I played as a druid kid who was basically Link meets Finn. I had a shapeshifting size stretching animal companion and fought with a magic longsword. It was a fun one shot, especially when we went out to sea and my companion was the party Lapras.

Second time I played as a gun-summoning magical girl. She was shy, had crippling trust issues, and was basically the "Izzy" in a party where all PCs but one were children [and the odd man out was a teenager]. Her transformation gave her a JARVIS-esq hud in her eyes, where her familiar would tell her who to shoot and when while lining up targetting reticules. Also her transformation flooded her body with fear suppressors [I don't know if thats a real thing, but it was for her], basically making her less superhero and more child soldier.
>>
>>47022590
I once played the "raised by wolves" trope as a barbarian child that was raised by weasels. He was 12 years old and fought alongside a dire weasel animal companion, they both scratched and bit as hard as they could.
>>
File: Swordswoman.jpg (160 KB, 752x1063) Image search: [Google]
Swordswoman.jpg
160 KB, 752x1063
Once, sort-of. I was running a campaign of Pathfinder, and I wanted to give the party an npc follower, who they would not simply treat as a pack-mule/meat-shield, so I took one of the current npc's (a thirteen year old minor noble girl) and then gave her some bard levels, and convoluted together a reason for her to be with the party, which she followed the last third of the campaign.
Outside of combat I controlled her, but I would give the character sheet to one of the players whenever a fight occurred.
She was sharp-witted but naive; brave, but a bit of a bitch at times (i.e. she drew her rapier and ran to defend her younger brother from bandits, but immediately after the fight she started calling him a useless coward until he burst into tears).
They mostly came around to liking her. One of them even gave his life to save her at the end.
>>
>>47027187
At 16 you're not a minor in the middle ages. You could already have joined a monastery or gotten married years ago.
>>
>>47027836
Yes, absolutely. A 17 yo human ranger defines a minor child. Such people have probably not quite finished public school yet.

and don't spit in the corridors!
>>
>>47030551
That is not middle aged! That is a minor, plain and simple.
Where are you from?
>>
I had a 16 yo Hocus in Apocalypse World. But then, the Hardholder (some sort of local boss) was... I dunno, 19, so it wasn't really that strange.

At the very least, people thought my age was the last thing to be weirded out by me, and they were fuckin right.
>>
>>47022590
My pet homebrew's a sort of weird fantasy stone age game.
One of the classes in it is basically mowgli: orphaned children who raise themselves in the wild and can befriend animals to act as followers. They're pretty neat.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.