[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>multiple failed tabletop RPGs died just a few sessions in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1461128192613.png (110 KB, 500x505) Image search: [Google]
1461128192613.png
110 KB, 500x505
>multiple failed tabletop RPGs died just a few sessions in
>try to get into warmahordes, friends say they will send never do
>get into board games, only play maybe once a month.
>start to turn to vidya to try to get some sort of enjoyment from my hobby
>a decade of wasted desire, time, and money

Why am I cursed, /tg/?
>>
>>47022000
Just go to a store and buy into whatever games are reguarly played there
Problem solved
>>
>>47022492
But then I have to deal with the general public and not my close dudes.
>>
>>47022000
>get into board games, only play maybe once a month
What's wrong with that?

I've found it practical to use different entertainment for different stuff I do. I tend to play video games and read books for solo enjoyment. I play board games with groups, and am looking at a RPG for that as well.

If you have a local game store, they are great places to meet up for board game nights/RPG nights. No stress on one person hosting, and with board games it isn't a major issue if someone misses a session.
>>
Take up a hobby that does not require other people's help to be enjoyed. Like modeling, or painting. Or gardening.
>>
>>47023000
That's basically what I'm doing. Writing, programming, cooking.
>>
>>47022840
We all gotta do things we don't like.
>>
>>47022840
>But then I have to deal with the general public and not my close dudes
I thought this might be your issue.
Accept the possibility that your close dudes aren't into your scene.
I have interests that I wish I could share with everyone, but life don't work like that.
So, you CD don't game like you wanna game.
Big deal.
Hang with your dudes, then game with your group.
Both would indeed be better, but you can't always get your chocolate in your peanut butter.
Some anomalies don't have dudes or a group.

Or, keep trying to wedge a square peg into a round hole and make yourself miserable.
>Get busy gaming or get busy dying.
>>
>>47023195
>Phone corrects anons as anomalies.
>new that's not wrong
>>
File: 1407277402528.jpg (796 KB, 3000x2400) Image search: [Google]
1407277402528.jpg
796 KB, 3000x2400
>>47023195
I guess this is what I needed to hear. The act like they are into it, but I'm the leader of the group and they'll try anything I throw out there. thank you based anon.
>>
>>47023318
Party on, anon.
Stay anomalous.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.