[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dream pod nine/mecha game general?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 12
File: brightidea.jpg (121 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
brightidea.jpg
121 KB, 640x479
so anyone actually play heavy gear? And how does everybody like to get some good old fashioned giant robot fightan onto their table?
>>
>>47021046
No one in my local area, no.
>>
>>47021179
That's a shame really its from what I've heard pretty solid and the rules are free online.
>>
>>47021046
Not a fan of DP9's attitude toward the hobby ("Gaming isn't expensive enough"), but they do solid, if sometimes quirky, design work.
>>
I like this thread. So I am going to dump a bunch of pictures of the latest test sprues and builds from their HG kickstarter. I am so excited for my pledge to come in.

Admittedly they seem to have a little less detail from metal models, but for the price point I am getting them, I could care less. Also these arent the final sprues. The company is still adjusting the steel molds. Like they said a few of the flat areas on the models have indentations in them that are not supposed to be there, and it is likely caused by the gates in the molds not being big enough.

These pictures are in no particlular order. Just dumping from my folder.
>>
>>47023025
>>
>>47021046
The RPG, not the wargame.
>>
>>47023043
>>
>>47023101
>>
>>47023123
>>
>>47023138
>>
>>47023154
>>
>>47023177
>>
>>47023205
>>
>>47023226
>>
As someone who foolishly believed that Ninja Division had licensed Robotech from Palladium and backed it, this thread makes me angry all over again about how bad Palladium has shit the bed on that project.
>>
>>47023248
That was it. They said in their latest update that the next sample sent to them from the casters should be the last if they fixed the issues. Then they will get those popped out and painted up to show what the final product will look like.
>>
>>47023296
well rejoice as DP9 is nowhere near that level of incompetent
>>
does anyone have a link to the big bunch of silhouette pdfs thats floating around Im getting ready to run a game of Jovian chronicles and could use them quite badly/
>>
>>47023248

We know the prices of those guys?
>>
>>47025675
We don't know the retail prices yet. Right now they are concentrating on getting the kickstarter backers their junk, then after that they will make some more orders to start selling it on their webstore. Expect near the end of the year I'm guessing.
>>
File: 1445769902048.png (1 MB, 1418x708) Image search: [Google]
1445769902048.png
1 MB, 1418x708
>>47023296
I'm still surprised that people saw 'Palladium' and 'Robotech' in the same sentence and thought it was a good idea to toss money at it. I can understand the desire if you aren't as burnt as /m/ is over Gelt Harmony, or just want something to use as a proxy for Unseens in Battletech, but at some point common sense has to take over.
>>
>>47025809
pretty much yeah I mean from the get go there were signs it just...wasn't gonna be handled well. Especially with the track record Palladium sadly has.
>>
>>47025809
Hope is an endless font of fools.

I regret being one of them.
>>
>>47021046
Too be fair Heavy gear is more like big robots rather than giant. Games always been impossible to sell though.
>>
>>47027011
Heavy Gear is Votoms.
Jovian Chronicle is Gundam.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.