[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Horus Heresy General /hhg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: image.jpg (243 KB, 816x545) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243 KB, 816x545
Völkertafel Steiermark Edition
The legacy of Praetor Bloodspiller Axeeater "Jimbo" the 888th Sub-Edition
Previously on Horus Heresy G the fact that Spainards are the most OP Europeans came to our attention, they will never be nerfed, Englishmen are nothing but one big magical realm, we discussed the rumors of Autek having more than one genesire, the differences between Khornates and Moritats was made and more >>47002957
Red Book Links:
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: https://mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): https://kat.cr/usearch/%22Forge%20World%22%20heresy%20user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: https://mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
>>
>>47020862
first for meme legion
So i put together a 2k alpha legion list with allied mech. i need to shave off 15 points, any ideas?

Exotus 115
DELEGATUS (warlord), MC powersword, artificer armour, charger 100

10 sniper vets,2 HB 260
10 sniper vets,2 HB 260
10 Legion Reconnaissance, snipers 250

5 Lernaean Terminators,4 power fists, sergent: chain fist, power dagger 260

Mortis patten contemptor, ass cannons 180

Venator 150
Magos Dominus,Machinator arrays 100
20 Adsecularis, CA, RoPT,RA 125
Callax, darkfire, targetting array, power blades 150
Vorax 65
>>
>>47020862
So what is the deal with the Ashen Claws?
>4000-5000 raven guard renegades
>Fuck Chaos, fuck the Imperium as well
>Wipe out 30,000 NL, steal geneseed and gear
>Call themselves a Legion
>Kidnap groups of 1000 inductees at a time
>2nd crusade

So it's a independent RG/NL based Legion that is just hanging out somewhere past the Ghoul Stars doing its own thing?
>>
>>47021014
Yeah, continuing the glorious crusade and being disgusted by the infighting.
>>
>>47021074
Are they Terrans or what?
>>
>>47021106
I believe they were part of the surviving terrans Corax shooed away.
>>
>>47021106
The Terran RG+the criminal element from Deliverance. Corax tried to get them killed a few times before the Crusade because he hated them, failed so he sent them off to the ass end of the Galaxy. After the Heresy they came out of nowhere, killed all the remaining NLs in the Nostromo sector, looted their geneseed and all their stuff then disappeared again.
>>
>>47021165
So spess sharks truly are a mix of NL and RG :^)
>>
>>47020862
This thread's theme brought to you by loyalist Emperor's Children and Iron Hands
>m.youtube.com/watch?v=pYVOrzv61Yg
>>
>>47021180
It looks like they are on separate sides of the galaxy so no.

In theory Space Sharks could be a rogue "company"(i.e Chapter) of the Ashen Claws but it seems pretty unlikely.
>>
>>47021226
I don't know, they are nomadic after all.

10k years is a lot to get from one edge of the galaxy to another.
>>
>>47021255
Problem is the Ashen Claws legion is active at legion strength in the Ghoul Stars in 40k, harvesting chapter sides batches of inductees at a time so they cannot be the same unless the Sharks are a splinter faction.

It DOES make sense that if they were they would get as far from the legion as possible, however the HH books have been dropping some pretty heavy hints that the Sharks are founded by a Loyalist Jago Sevatar. The last story pretty much has him state his opinion about what he thinks he should be doing and it is a almost line by line description of the Sharks.
>>
>>47021359
We will see.

All hail Space Sharks!
>>
>>47021396
Which do you really want, Renegade Renegades Sharks based on a FW book or HH fluff supported Sharks founded by the Galaxies greatest master of dynamic entry?

Also would clear up all the fluff mentions of no one in the NL known where the hell he went after the Heresy.
>>
>>47021474
Seems wierd that he was a loyalist deep inside.

i welcome any cool HH fludd, by th Fw :^)
>>
>>47021359
>It DOES make sense that if they were they would get as far from the legion as possible, however the HH books have been dropping some pretty heavy hints that the Sharks are founded by a Loyalist Jago Sevatar
You say what now?
>>
>>47021496
Not quite a Loyalist yet but as of his current status turning into a pretty cool dude. Cooler dude, i mean it is hard to go up after you Kool Aid Man the Lion's flagship but still...Pretty obvious Malcador is gonna grab his ass pretty soon. You don't just leave a guy who has a legit chance to solo a Primarch.

Seriously my sir Lorgar, you've had too much Fenrisian ale just sit down. Sire the others already make fun of us, just ignore him. Who cares what Jago said, you don't even have a mother sire. Sire wait.....

>pushes Eliphas out of the way
>stumbles across the bar
>"I am the Lord of the Word and you jackal will show resp...."
>"oh look the pussy found some balls after my daddy had to save his ass from uncle Corax"
>Laughingjago.jpg
>barstools fly across room
>Lorgar flies out of window
>Jago goes back to his drinking
>>
>>47021836
Did he crump Lorgar?

Seems Lorgar would kick his ass.
>>
What's the best BL book to read if I want to get under the skin of the Raven Guard & Corax, like really get to know them like Betrayer does for WE or Scars for WS. I get the impression none are the RG books are that great, but would still like to know more about them, Wayland and Sharrowkyn's dysfunctional buddy cop routine (he's a cyborg artificer, he's a stealthy freedom fighter, together they fight crime) has me intrigued.
>>
>>47021994
A joke based on Lorgar having terrible stats for a Primarch. Jago not only has better WS and attacks than him but if it is the baseline un upgraded Lorgar and Jago succecceds in a psychic check there is a real chance Jago can (hilariously IMHO) beat him using the power of the Warp.

Overall due to his primarch statline Lorgar will almost always win but on the tabletop jago is a better fighter than him and can conceivably tie him up for a while, but unfortunately for jago he can't really wound that well so Lorgar will eventually get a shot in and squish him. Older eds Jago would be better off but i believe even if you can use them against a Primarch you can only get in one hit with a krak gernade in hth.

If it wasn't for Eternal Warrior Jago would cut him (and most other Primarchs) down in one round though.
>>
IRON WITHIN IRON WITHOUT
>>
>>47021165
Why did Corax hate them?
>>
>>47022507
Because they didn't fight for the ideals of a free society. They fought because they enjoyed killing. Corax wanted no part of them in his legion but he didn't actively try to kill them, just sent them off elsewhere.
>>
>>47021359
>however the HH books have been dropping some pretty heavy hints that the Sharks are founded by a Loyalist Jago Sevatar
What hints?
>>
>>47022559
Literally none. There's more hints that Sevetar will be a Grey Knight than there are of him having anything to do with the Carcharodons.
>>
>>47022218
Poor Lorgar.

At least he is one of the best buff-marchs..r-right?
>>
>>47022553
Oh, I see.
>>
>>47022571
We've been rused?
>>
I am putting together a Leviathan dread. Is it worth sticking a Melta on the thing since most armor will have ceramite.?
>>
Personally I'd be happy if Sev's story ends on Terra. That's a pretty cool goal for him to have, (having gone to the trouble of becoming a traitor he's going to damn well make sure he gets to invade the throneworld,) and it would be a neat way to end his arc.
>>
Does anyone else not like the idea of having a Primarch in their army? Most people I play with always want to have their Primarch in, but it just doesn't feel great to have an established character leading the army.

Maybe i'm just a big Your Dudes guy, maybe I just fucking hate Mortarion. Probably both.
>>
>>47023764
There is NL guy who painted the las-cannon squad last thread.
>>
>>47023764

Are you the one always trying to put a Librarian into the Death Guard?
>>
File: Death Guard - Morty.jpg (804 KB, 924x1200) Image search: [Google]
Death Guard - Morty.jpg
804 KB, 924x1200
>>47023764
Eh, Mortarion's a cool guy, and his legion more than most would be led by him on any given engagement, if only because they didn't split as much as the other legions, but I do get the sentiment - Your Dudes is a big part of how and why people play.

It's just that most Primarchs (bar Angron) just have such good support effects, even ignoring their personal prowess, not taking one can sadly be a bit of a shot in the foot at times
>>
>>47023187
Depends what it's entry method will be, if it's in a Pod give it claw and drill. For foots log give it the quad linked autocannon
>>
>>47023898
Foot, I am using "The Reaping" so I can't user Drop-pods.
>>
>>47023816
Nah, I just run a single Deathshroud as a praetor

>>47023836
That's what they have argued for the most part in my local store as to why they field them, they do so much as a force multiplier. Just sucks to see them leading the charge every single game I play.
>>
>>47024054
Every game?
I can understand your gripe then.

I would not field Horus because I think my painting skills would not do him justice.
>>
>>47023836
>Eh, Mortarion's a cool guy,

He got defeated by one punch. He is the ultimate jobber.
>>
File: wanna see my fulcrum cannon.jpg (653 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
wanna see my fulcrum cannon.jpg
653 KB, 750x1334
>>47022553
Didn't he keep Kaedes "Columbine" Nex within the bulk of his army? Several RG Moritats were but a few steps away from earning khornate ears
>>
File: 1461809557602.jpg (399 KB, 737x1000) Image search: [Google]
1461809557602.jpg
399 KB, 737x1000
>>47023764
You could not agree with the mini and say that the bald rebreathing-lacking dude is just some big Death Guard marine for you instead of the real Mortarion :^)
>>
>>47020915
>10 Legion Reconnaissance, snipers 250
This unit is over costed and sniper rifles are over costed.

Swap them out for a legion support squad of some sort.

Trade them out for a
>>
>>47024150
>one punch
>jobber
It's not Mortarion's fault he gets beat by everyone. The writers have it in for him like Dorn except Mortarion's aware of this.
>>
File: tactical assault moon.gif (7 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
tactical assault moon.gif
7 MB, 854x480
>>47024150
>He got defeated by one punch
Perturabo's ambush fleet got defeated by noobie Alexis on his first day of command.
Fulgrim got 360 no-scoped
Guilliman was about to be finished of but got saved because monologue.
An IH cell manages to ambush and heavily injure both Horus and Fulgrim
Emps almost gets Vortex'd to death by regular humans, and almost gets bearhugged to death by an Ork.
Being a demigod doens't means you're invulnerable or undefeatable, you know?
And everyone gets defeated by Red Claw Man or Scoria anyway :^)
>>
>>47023764
I know were you're coming from, it's sort of weird to see primarchs walking around in small point games and while i don't have a problem with people doing it, fluffing it by saying its just one part of the battle doesn't feel right.
But Your Dudes all the way, the Legions are big enough to do that.
>>
Terminator squad with 8 axes. Should I make it 10 or throw in a pair of fists or chainfists?
>>
>>47024766
Well, it depends. Chainfists are always a good thing to have against vehicles, and that many axes might be overkill.
>>
>>47024766
I always have at least a couple of Chainfists per Squad to easily open up vehicles. But then again that's a personal anecdote with no basis in mathematics or probability.
>>
>>47024766
Do whatever you want. I'd definitely include some fists and some weapons that strike at initiative.
>>
Did the World Eaters ever have white and red as their colors, or did they go straight white and blue -> red and gold? That Red Butcher is the only example of red and white I've seen, which makes sense for that unit, but on the whole army it could look good.
>>
>>47024847
You allways add some twin LC etc?
Does it work well?

>>47024896
They changed from blue to red, then to wholly red.

Angry ron was allways red and thereforewhat tainted the war hounds , qed.
>>
>>47024896
I think on the same book (6) there's a Vindicator painted white and red, which says the legion had recently incorporated plenty of red bits as part of their new colour scheme.
>>
>>47024343
main problem is i need somewhere to put the exodus, at which point, i may as well give them snipers
>>
>>47024955
I speak in theory, I have never played a match of 30k, only 40k back in the 5th ed.
>>
>>47024966
This was still before Angron's ascendancy I'm guessing? I plan to use him at times and wouldn't want to run them red if they were only red after daemonhood.
>>
>>47025035
Might make sense for sons of Horace , due to merciless attacks.
>>
>>47024955
I thought Ron always had gold with red face paint.
>>
>>47025053
Well the WB attack Calth on book 5, and this is book 6, and Angron ascended on his return to Nuceria, which is near the Ultramar realm?
So, I dont know .-.
>>
Which older edition rules would be interesting to use with 30k? 2E? 1E?
>>
>>47025058
The red angel is the canker at the heart of the XIIIth!
>>
>>47025058
The red angel is the cankerat the heart of the XIIIth!
>>
>>47022553
Some of the ones from deliverance were criminals that he gave pardons to and who subsequently became marines for participating in his rebellion, basically NL lite. The ones from Terra he hated because their ancestors were from a slaver society. Not because they did anything wrong mind you, Corax just hated what their for fathers did even though the Terran Marines had nothing to do with that and didn't even remember what their ancestors had done.

It is actually pretty damn shitty of him, it is a serious asshole move.

>>47022629
No.
>>47022559
>>47022571
>>47023240
His story is starting to get get kinda weird, the last one confirmed that NL really do have a odd sweet spot for psychic chicks.

>>47024243
He was an exception, most of them he deliberately tried to get killed.

Even if the Ashen Claws started as RG and even if they doubled their number while they were gone (if they are stealing NG geneseed then they are definitely getting new initiates of their own prior to that) the fact that they stole the seed from such a huge number of NL means they aren't really RG any more, especially since they hate Corax so much.
>>
>>47025280
If Lorgar isnt the best buff-march, who us?

Alpharius?
Girly-man?
Fulgrim?
>>
>>47025328
Angron's fearless bubble :^)
>>
>>47025344
;^)
>>
>>47025328
Depends on what you want. Fulgrim is lulzy for routing half your army turn 2 without actually doing much killing, Alpharius is good at boosting the army overall.

Despite being EC my favourite primarch is probably Angron, hilarious numbers of attacks, hits everything in 30k on a 3+, can challenge all the important people in a unit, and due to characters and RoW can get up to a 3+ FnP.
>>
>>47025388
He can? How? I mean he lacks LA rule (attached Surlak would mean everyone gets a 3+ fnp)
>>
I have a very important question that needs answering. One of the pages in the Vision of Heresy copy was corrupted and is missing from the copies online. Can someone tell me what page it was?
>>
>>47025388
I just wished they had used the alternate Fulgrim sculpt...
>>
>>47023764
I'm the same way

>>47023816
That's me. And yes, I have a fluff explanation. Said Libby may be a traitor but he's like "Man, fuck Mortarion! Let me tell you guys about the word of Nurgle"
>>
>>47024847
>weapons that strike at initiative

Is that so important? I mean, at best they'll be hitting at the same time with the enemy. Most weapons that can really hurt them would hit at Iniative 1 as well and often found on models with (possible) 2+ save (sergeants, terminators, etc.) So a power sword or lightning claw's AP3 doesn't do much against them.
>>
>>47025328
horus

makes vet tacticals troops, makes justaerin troops, can noscatter deepstrike with his unit on any turn after turn 1 of his choosing without rolling for it, gives his whole army outflank, gives his whole army +1 LD, has a s10 ap2 orbital bombardment. is the best duelist, has a 3++, gets d3 extra attacks when hes fighting against guys ws4 or lower, so he can still mulch units.

horus is broken 2bh, he gives too many buffs considering hes still a monster in cc.
>>
>>47024896
Personally I think they never changed colours they just gave up washing off blood
>>
>>47025607
He also has the best modely!

Truly, the SoH are blessed.

Especially if you think about Lorgar only granting some of his buffs when he is on the table or visible...
>>
>>47025569
so, he's Calas Typhon?
>>
>>47025664
That is what happened to some of them.
>>
>>47025992
Not that anon but Typhon must have had others to follow his plan of sabotaging the entire death guard fleet and following Nurgle, like his own Nurglite cult within the legion. One man alone cannot just do that.
>>
>>47025670
>Especially if you think about Lorgar only granting some of his buffs when he is on the table or visible...
Don't forget that at least 3 armies have 10 man deep striking units (UM, IW, DG termis) that can easily waste him with a single round of ranged fire AND are tough enough in H2H that if he survives then charges (with a shit ton of wounds from shooting) they will probably kill him.
>>
>>47026067
if you are running lorgar and he isnt in an invisible spartan with 10x GVs or terminators with fists, who are also invisible, then you are doing it wrong.
>>
>>47026117
>gal vorbak will become obsolete in post-shadow crusade campaigns
top fucking kek faggots
>>
>>47026060
I like your idea.
Should be a later Traitor row.

You get acess to the Lore of Nuthle with it and other proto Plague Marine shenanigans.
>>
>>47026150
Wot,why?
>>
>>47026197
Because the last of the Gal Vorbak, Argel Tal, was killed on Nuceria. His chapter Vakrah Jal remains, but these possessed are of lesser quality.
Just kidding though, I hope they don't make this mad move, both the models and rules are sweet.
>>
While on the subject of Word Bearers, can Mhara Gal Dreadnought be transported in a drop pod, of any kind?
There's nothing on it.
>>
File: IMAG0669_edit_1441047844947.jpg (202 KB, 633x800) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0669_edit_1441047844947.jpg
202 KB, 633x800
How do I use Rampagers in a way they aren't outclassed by FC Vets with power weapons
>>
>>47026267
honestly they are worse than cataphractii with fists if you are running invisible lorgar

invisible lorgar is probably the strongest primarch. hes basically loth, but an even better psyker, with a primarch statline and a s8 ap2 weapon at initiative.
>>
File: Page117.jpg (4 MB, 2728x3647) Image search: [Google]
Page117.jpg
4 MB, 2728x3647
>>47025432

Never mind, I found it in the archives. It was page 117 that was corrupt. Well, here it is, hopefully uncorrupt this time. Now the Visions Volume 1 PDFs can actually be complete.
>>
>>47026267
The chapter could always have an elite of Gal Vorbak equivalents while the rest are barely controlled demon hosts.
>>
>>47026150
Just like the traitor legions will soon be.
>>
>>47026374
>Dude, where's my Land Speeder?
>>
>>47026337
But they outclass them in coolness, which is the most important factor.

>>47026341
That's the thing, there were no possessed like Gal Vorbak.

>>47026374
The Codex gets implemented at 021.M31.
>>
>>47026449

"Dude, Horus just croaked. What now?"

Abaddon re-tied his topknot. He totally had an idea. "I totally have an idea," he said. The Traitor Legions looked on expectantly. "Here's what we do. We run away."

Many helmed heads nodded. This seemed a wise course of action.

"Good idea," said Erebus.

'Hush." Abaddon frowned at the interruption. "But I think we should leave behind our jetbikes, Dreadclaws, Whirlwinds, Landspeeders - pretty much all anti-grav technology, really - as well as our bikes, attack bikes, and pretty much anything else we've used so far."

Fewer helms nodded this time. "Dude," said Lucius the Eternal, "we might need all that stuff. Some of that stuff is rad."

"Nah, I've made up my mind. Let's just go."

"But..."

"Let's. Just. Go." Abaddon waved the Talon of Horus. Its scythe-blade fingers made clickety-click sounds.

"Okay, let's just go," agreed Lucius.

Kharn wasn't so easily placated. "What about Cyclone Launchers? Because I saw those in Horus Heresy: Collected Visions, so we must be using th--"

"I feel like I'm talking to myself, here." Abaddon pointed a claw at the World Eater. It poked Kharn in the eye.

"Ow, Jesus, man. Okay, okay. We'll go."

"Yeah, that's what I thought."

Abaddon pimp-walked from the room, strutting like he owned the place.

"Hey, what about this conversion beamer?" asked Typhus. "Couldn't we use these in Rogue Trader? These are awesome. They go, like, FWOOOOOSH."

"Leave it!" Abaddon's voice called from the other room. Typhus put it down, grumbling.
>>
>>47026338
Thanks!
>>
>>47026480

Fabius Bile sort of shrugged. "So, uh, can I come with you guys? Because I was checking the passenger lists, and none of the Legions are taking their Apothecaries. I mean... don't you need us?"

Lucius patted his brother on the shoulder. "It's okay, man. We'll allude to the Apothecaries in the background text. I mean, you won't get to ever do anything, but you'll sort of be there in the fluff, y'know? A bit? Maybe?"

"Balls to this. I'm leaving the Legion. I'll make my own rules."

Kharn snorted. "Your rules will be lame for competitive play. Just watch. And people will call you Fabulous Bill."

The Traitors walked from the chamber, out to the landing pad. It was deserted.

"Uh, Abbs?"

Abaddon turned to Ahriman. "S'up?"

"Um." The Thousand Son gestured to the empty landing pad. "Where are all our gunships?"

Abaddon ignored him. "Weren't you red a minute ago?"

"We're blue now. It's... it's this whole... thing. Look, seriously, where are our Thunderhawks?"

"Oh, right. Them." Abaddon toyed with his topknot, swishing it back and forth, like a kitten with a fluffy toy. "We won't need those. We can run everywhere and stuff. Or push Rhinos out of hangers and ride them through the atmosphere. It'll be cool."

The Traitors shared a glance. This wasn't going well. Abaddon noticed their hesitation, and sought to calm them. "Relaaaaax. I'll invent new stuff. Like... spider robots with daemons in, and they have claws and stuff. They'll defile things. Maybe they can be called Defilotrons. It'll be sweet. And they'll have a gun on their chests, and tiny little heads. What? Why are you looking at me like that? You just wait. We'll rock this place all to hell."
>>
>>47026450
I know but I'm suggesting that the traitor legions will get worse as we get closer to Terra as they get closer to their modern versions.
>>
>>47026067
But Horus has an AP2 Orbital bombardment, and those terminators lack ranged AP2 weapons, so they get remove 1.1~1.8 wounds at best.

And Horus is never alone, he's always rolling with his 2W Justaerin. You can only drown his tarpit in cheap waves of Vorax and even then hope for the best.
>>
File: 1431957671416.jpg (2 KB, 124x87) Image search: [Google]
1431957671416.jpg
2 KB, 124x87
>Imperial Fists don't have a unit that is equipped solely with Power Fists
>>
>>47026546
And the loyalists will change alongside them, most of the legions at least, as the war progresses.
>>
>>47026335
Protip: You don't :^)
Maybe use the +1I caedere weapon and go first, accompained by a a chaplain (rerolls to hit on top of their reroll ones to wound) and give them all jump packs to give them superb mobility, while using the +1FnP rite to get a 5+ FnP on their own.
Congrats, you're spending 30 pts per dude. 5 more and you'd be getting a 2+/4++, a combi-bolter and a power weapon.
Don't try to outshine Veterans because they won't do it. Send them against MCs.
>>
>>47026642
>"Storm shield + Power Fist Terminators"
There you go.
>>
>>47026645
At least they don't use dinobots and kept their gear.
>>
>>47025328

Arguably Perty

He gives his entire army FC in enemy deployment zone, gives all his sons Stubborn, starts rolling for reserves turn 1, lets terminators deepstrike without needing a RoW and can drop the d3 pie plate(s) of doom on top of having almost every piece of buffing wargear, so he can buff his squad with +1 to hit while guiding deepstrikers and artillery
>>
>>47026722
I meant power-armoured dudes.
Terminators with fists are nothing special.

>>47026760
They start using baby-carriers and nesting dolls, though.
>>
>>47026793
True but who still has land speeders, doc marines, reliable vehicles, and no daemons that feel like eating people who ride in them? I think I should stop.
>>
>>47026837
nothing will ever be stupider than centurions.
>>
>>47026872
Don't tempt them.
>>
>>47025992
Pretty much what >>47026060 said. He falls to Nurgle independently and pulls an Eliphas on the Praetor in charge of him. They were deployed in another campaign when Calas Typhon trapped them in the warp
>>
>>47026872
Wulfen.
>>
>>47026920
shieeeeeeet. i like to pretend SW dont exist
>>
>>47026920
And they're actually around in the 31st millennium, meaning there's a chance they'll get rules when Inferno comes out. God damn.
>>
>>47026872
Stupid, but effective, and that's what it comes down to in the end.
>>
>>47026932
>>47026965
Hopefully FW will redeem them.
>>
>>47026872
It still hurts that they didnt just update Terminator models and rules to be what centurions are but looking less stupid.
>>
File: stolen IF power pillow.jpg (67 KB, 291x411) Image search: [Google]
stolen IF power pillow.jpg
67 KB, 291x411
>>47026793
They'll need an invuln, which could be a shield.
I wish Phalanx Warders could do that, but it seems they're instead Rahn's boys, with the axes and all.
>Rahn gets his Phalanx Warders
>Sigismund gets his Templar Brethren (suck against 2+ saves, serious lack of AP2, not Chosen Warriors, kek)
>Alexis Pollux gets...a pillow stuffed with rocks?
Maybe he also uses breachers, for void ops.
>>
>>47027013
Polux is a nobody, he gets nothing and he better be thanking his superiors for it.
>>
>>47027004
but then they couldnt sell a shitty new kit to all of the WAACretards :^)
>>
File: Wulfen_Attack.jpg (145 KB, 400x878) Image search: [Google]
Wulfen_Attack.jpg
145 KB, 400x878
>>47026920
Fuck you, man, Wulfen used to be cool.

And were pretty scary when King wrote about them.
>>
>>47027253
I should have said modern Wulfen.
>>
>>47027271
I pretend they don't exist so hard I don't even know whether or not they get AP2 on initiative, or Fenris being bombed or any of that stuff.

I just, don't care about wolves? I hope HH7 is good though, but I'd like it better if it had DA/BA/WS special units and characters.
>>
>>47024150
>defeated by one punch. He is the ultimate jobber
That's the problem with being a daemon, you trade chaos powers and near-immortality for having to be a jobber and a name-based weakness.
>>
>>47027295
Just pray, Anon. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a-C9q-Na6_w
>>
>>47027323
But how did they get his true name to begin with?

Dubs, what did the Emperor inteded each primarch to be named? After all, Mortarion got his "name" from his foster necro-dad ("Child of Death"), and Perty named himself after himself (the old word for Autism "the enduring one")
>>
File: DIGGA.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DIGGA.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>47027295

i feel this is appropriate here
>>
>>47027413
Also, let's not forget that Jonson is an ancient Caliban word for "forest."
>>
What kind of units and tactics are Emperors Children known for?
>>
>>47027636

speed, looking grand, and sweeping people due to the fact certain units add to combat resolution without doing anything.

not to mention Mau Skara is a rather nice RoW due to the guaranteed outflanking
>>
>>47027253
DIGGANOBZ!
>>
>>47026579
Was talking about Lorgar, 20 cyclone shots will ruin him just fine. The DG krak gernades are a bit more iffy.
>>
Hammer of Olympia. 4xVindicators&Quad Mortars. Y/N?
>>
>>47028005
Everything with hammer of olympia MUST be good.

>rule of cool.
>>
>>47027900
Oh, I guess it would. I still can't get past the fact Angron only wears power armour.
>>47028005
>>47028020
Vindicator saturation! Now in squads of three! That's up to 200% more Vindicators per Vindicator slot (which some people refer to as "Heavy support choice")
>>
>>47028020
>>47028073
I'm used to playing horde armies and just can't wrap my head around commanders that don't suck or not having fuckloads of cheap units. Massed tacticals and templates just soothes my innate need for tons of guns.
>>
>>47028101

I approve of this, legions are mainly about masses of boots on the ground.

At least to me.
>>
File: big guy .jpg (199 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
big guy .jpg
199 KB, 1200x900
I hate building these things but they look so cool

also egglets BTFO
>>
>>47028166
PS:

My planned lists has 56 guys on the table, sort of risks getting pied to death though...
>>
>>47028101
But I want a terminator list :(
They're just too few dudes for almost any given point limit, waiting to be outgunned or/AND outmaneuvered.
>>
>>47028240
No Phosphex launcers?

Wtf, I hate Leviathans now.
>>
>>47028289
haven't put it on yet mi familia :^)
>>
What size base does Kharn have? Got mine from a recaster, didn't include a base. I'm guessing Terminator sized?
>>
>>47028166
Yeah I'm being told off elsewhere that vindis are shit and mortars are cheesy, but they're really nice for a modular IW force.

>>47028285
I have like 30 plastic cataphractii and I still can't figure out what the fuck to do with them. I really like the models, but can't slot them in anywhere.
>>
>>47023764
I think it's too much sink of points in one deathstar unit. Like, Primarch alone takes 400~500pts. And you'll need to attach Primus Medicae, kitted-up Spartan, and As many as you can fit in the Spartan terminator bodyguards... With that much cost I'll rather consider bringing in a Warhound.
>>
Currently trying to kit bash a Anacharis Scoria model while I we wait for enternity for FW to release one. This is very early days lots more work to go.
>>
>>47028837
I like the it!

What is the base mini you work on?

Crab-pope seems ti be a big guy.
>>
>>47028837
The spider familiar! I love it
>>
>>47028837
I love you for making the scarb.
>>
>>47028599

>Take that faggot Golg as HQ
>Take Orbital Assault RoW
>Teleport termies fucking everywhere
>>
>>47028971
I love that about IW.

Siege Termies and Cataphracti fuck shit up.

>>47028837
Also, amazing.
>>
>>47028285
>>47028599
There's plenty of RoWs and legion rules that benefit terminators. You can take them as Troops. You can give them Deep Strike. You can put them in dreadclaws. You can have them in big or small squads.

I got 20 terminators. 5 as my command squad (which I'll drop to 4 when I want them to ride in a transport with the Praetor), 10 cheap ones on foot with autocannons and 5 with anti-tank weaponry in a Phobos.
>>
>>47029172
The list I made had about 19 termies (2W Deathshroud) at 2500pts. That's too few (although they had LR transports and heavy AA).

Multiple Vindicators become some of a problem (the LRs were meant to function as antitank too)
>>
>>47028898
40k GW plastic Magos, 30k Draykavac Magos Abeyant and slots of spider rider legs, and spider familiars from the Arachnarok kit, and yeah he needs to be a big guy he can stomp Primachs. Thinking of changing the axe head out for a more fancy mace top to represent his Vodian scepter
>>
>>47029240
Maybe something from the fantasy imperial wizard (or others) kits.

They have fancy stuff, like spinning astrolabes and lenses.
>>
File: Entropic slap.png (209 KB, 300x283) Image search: [Google]
Entropic slap.png
209 KB, 300x283
>>47029240
Give him some sort of Necron staff/poleweapon. He's got Entropic Destroyer after all.
>>
>>47029271
>>47029272
Got a mace head and can paint the center ball up all necron like and glowy!
>>
>>47029322
Oooh!

I like it!

needs more chaos star spikes though .^)
>>
So what happens to Crysos Morturg, the Blackshield? Does he go on a merry rampage with his robo-buddy Caleb Decima?
>>
>>47028837
Looks like a evil ADmec Duane from unsounded. Need to make a Sette familiar.
>>
File: Ramz'Ka.jpg (131 KB, 688x700) Image search: [Google]
Ramz'Ka.jpg
131 KB, 688x700
>>47029322
Perfect
>>
File: muh reductor.png (333 KB, 433x323) Image search: [Google]
muh reductor.png
333 KB, 433x323
>>47029390
Both survive Istvaan 3. Crysos becomes a Blackshield (it's on his entry "titles"), and Decima becomes a very angry Reductor Magos that gets Eternal Warrior for about the price of the Archmagos upgrade, but he forgets gaining the archmagos stats. That's it, both get very upset.
>>
Did the wolves ever fight the emperor's children?

Also

Wolves rules when?
>>
I thought Loken was the only one to survive from Isstvan 3. Damn it Horus, clean your mess up properly.

Hmm, Garro & co. picked Loken up, but how did the others got out of the planet?
>>
>>47029618
This winter I think.
>>
>>47029498
No.
>>
>>47029322
>>47029405
It would make me sad if it turns out Scoria is using Cron tech.
>>47029618
In Novmeber or January. They probably did fight the EC during the Age of Darkness, and most likely did during the Scourging.
>>
>>47029646
The Emperor's grace moved them off the planet.
>>
>>47029708
...for real?
>>
>>47029790
I have no other explanation and it's what I'm sticking with.
>>
>>47029790
>Doubting the Emperor

Get this Horus loving scum out of here!.
>>
Any other EC bros here?

Do you paint every marine with white shoulders, or only sergeants and elite units and the like?
>>
File: Going_merry.png (711 KB, 722x471) Image search: [Google]
Going_merry.png
711 KB, 722x471
>>47029498
>>47029679
>>47029390
Ah, here it is.
>>
File: photon thruster.png (194 KB, 560x264) Image search: [Google]
photon thruster.png
194 KB, 560x264
>>47029682
>It would make me sad if it turns out Scoria is using Cron tech.
Why? Alpharius' Pale Spear behaves eerily similar to a Necron staff-thinguie. Scoria could be using collected necron trinkets for his personal use, while working on his Non-euclidean Daemonic scrap codes for Battle-automata.

After all, Photon thruster weapons, like the Darkfire cannons mounted on Castellax, are reportedly xenos in origin.

>>47030371
In what book are these Imperial code-memes found, brother? 1? 6?
>>
>>47030667
It's just that I just want some things to be human made sometimes.
>>
File: not Speranza.jpg (222 KB, 910x519) Image search: [Google]
not Speranza.jpg
222 KB, 910x519
>>47030744
Ah, so much has been forgotten, surely the Dark Age of Technology had stuff so amazing that we can't even imagine it. The relics and the Thanatar Calix are a few glimpses of that era.

But one day, a complete STC will be found, and we shall remember. We've got to keep our hopes up.

Manten la Esperanza, hermano.
>>
>>47030744
There's plenty of that.

But lets face it, humans were the underdogs for a long time. Eldar ruled the galaxy. I would not put it past for humans to have stolen the superior alien tech and made it their own. Eldar laser weapons are said to be similar to Imperial ones, but more advanced. Both have that slanted muzzle on them. Imperial and Eldar melta weapons share similarities with the grilled muzzle and fuel drum design. The old space crusade missile launcher has the same multi-barreled bullet shaped tip you find on Eldar missile launchers.

I know it's just visual things and old in some cases, but come on, if you got a space alien with tech that's million of years ahead of you, why wouldn't you steal it instead of just going "well, that's nice" and then going and trying to bang atoms together?
>>
>>47030935
It hurts.
>>47031052
No because Eldar cooties make by balls explode. Lorgar's bible told me so.
>>
Storm Eagle.

Is it worth it and how would one go about using such a unit? I happened to receive a semi-built Stormraven for pennies from a buddy and with the Chapterhouse kit I could make a passable Storm Eagle.
>>
>>47031772
Maybe you should consider not using it alone, as all AA guns will be focused solely on it (I still remember Headhunted anon). Given how it usually is some Twin Kheres dreadnought, you could try avoiding its line of fire, coming from reserves normally as a zooming flyer instead of deepstriking as a hovering one (zooming flyers can't jink on deepstrike, and hovering flyers are treated as skimmers, so they can be shot at using normal BS).

TL;DR: sure, be careful.
>>
>>47021014
>5k rg
>vaped 30k nl
>somehow

Is ... is this a real thing in 30k canon now? How was this magical miracle justified?
>>
>>47033890
Its a mystery I believe, the Night Lords probably just joined with the Ashen Claws.
>>
>>47033890
The Night Lords fell apart without anyone there to babysit them, so the Ashen Claws killed them one group at a time. Also I think evil aliums killed some NL too.
>>
>>47033298
Unfortunately I'm short on slots and was planning on making a kraken Lightning for some Spartan hunting, but then got lumped with this thing and thought about making a Storm Eagle. I'm guessing a 4HP AV12 flyer has a better chance of surviving enemy AA than a 2HP AV11 one. Of course I'm risking more with the passengers, but who dares wins.

Any ideas on what to give it. I really want to put lascannons on it. Looks cool. With PotMS I can fire the vengeance launcher at something else while the rest pepper vehicles or something. Don't know what to put on the nose. Don't know about the meltas (short range and ceramite exists). Missile launcher might be fun, either to support the lascannons or the vengeance launcher, and it's just 5pts.
>>
For a terminator spam army, what Legion's rule will complement the army best?
>>
>>47035118
Probably Imperial Fists, given how theirs can take 3++, Assault cannons, buy deepstrike, a non-specialist power fist and characters reroll ones to hit on challenges.

And become T5 with the RoW while using the shield formation.
>>
What would be the best Primarch wargear so far? I'm torn between the Talon and the Logos.
>>
Are Iron Warriors any good in 30k?

I basically want an army that can keep walking forward and shoot the ever loving shit out of anything and everything in its path
>>
>>47035581
Iron warriors are pretty damn good.
>>
>>47035581
Rules are pretty damn good, and got a lot better with the release of the Ironfire RoW. As for the models...
>>
>>47035581
>I basically want an army that can keep walking forward and shoot the ever loving shit out of anything and everything in its path

That's Death Guard though. They have a neat Rite of War which allows exactly that.
>>
>>47035581
They are not bad at all.
>>
File: ferrum honore veniat.png (158 KB, 306x479) Image search: [Google]
ferrum honore veniat.png
158 KB, 306x479
>>47035581
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Space_Marine_Legion_List_(30k)#IV_Legion:_Iron_Warriors
>>
>>47035609
>>47035635
The other legion I'm looking at that might suit my play style is the Death Guard. How do they typically compare?
>>
Scoria conversion complete and base coated. Should be a right fucker to paint, hope he turned out ok.....
>>
>>47035697
He looks amazing, but for the love of the Dark Gods please fill in that mold line on the front of his shirt.
>>
>>47035581
>Are Iron Warriors good?
The answer is always yes.
>>
>>47035713
yeah gotta go grab some liquid greenstuff tomorrow in my lunch break.
>>
File: death guard emblem 2.png (8 MB, 1856x1809) Image search: [Google]
death guard emblem 2.png
8 MB, 1856x1809
>>47035668
>Iron Warriors
Tons of pinning
Lots of cover-reducing stuff
Even more heavy weapons
Won't care if shot at
The only ones that can stand the World Eaters
Perty, the buff-march

>Death Guard
Lots of poison and rad (but not phosphex as you'd expect)
Plenty of heavy weapons (the explosives are also poisoned, like in Australia)
Everything is a terminator.
Deathshroud are amazing, as killy as Butchers (I did run the numbers).
Morty, more ninja than buff-march.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Space_Marine_Legion_List_(30k)#XIV_Legion:_Death_Guard

Those two legions are the best sections of the 30k article :)
>>
File: 1437749178368.jpg (34 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1437749178368.jpg
34 KB, 300x300
>>47035697
Looks sweet and dandy.
>>
>>47035739
Awesome thank you so much!
>>
>>47035697
Looks great! Hope-he-haunts-my-dreams/10
Didn't think he was the skulls-on-spikes type, but it delivers.
>>47035759
your welcome.
>>
>>47035697
It's not quite how I envisioned him, but I love it nonetheless. Great work!
>>
>>47036116
My first attempt was going to be the top half of him mounted on an old talos body with spider legs but I went with this first because I had the parts on hand. Might have another crack once the army is done.
>>
>>47036205
Ah, yeah, that was kind of like how I was thinking of doing it, too. Seemed like it might be a little tricky to figure out so I wanted to see how other people tackled it first.
>>
Not sure if anyone posted this yet.
>>
>>47036456
>adeptus astartes
>>
Going to start working on an Iron Hands Epic30k army. Anyone have any recommendations on some BL novels to read that feature them? I've already read "Fulgrim". Preferably non-Shattered Legions stuff.
>>
Are there some ways to make decent right-hand Storm Shield? Third party bits? Beside Firedrake ones I mean.
>>
File: pic1.jpg (29 KB, 470x272) Image search: [Google]
pic1.jpg
29 KB, 470x272
>>47035581
Quick Perty question
with ironfire would perty be good at 3k points with a few iron circle and no transport?
>>
>>47037269
Nope, not with Iron Circle. Too expensive, you want to be spending more points on barrage weapons.
>>
>>47037356
Its a real shame since the mini is really nice..
>>
>>47037490
Yeah FW really goofed when they didn't let Perty DS with Iron Circle.
>>
>>47037516
Especially since they do it in one of the books. Pert and his iron circle jump from a high altitude dropship into an Imperial Fist fortress.
>>
>>47036456
Do they even read their own games fucking lore? The interns who shove this shit out
>>
>>47035697
It's like 99% awesome...
Just maybe if it's not too late drill the head a little deeper in... it looks like it's floating a tad.
Besides that it's great anon
>>
>>47037550
the Facebook stuff is done by a marketing team, so no, I don't think they read FW/BL's stuff.
>>
>>47037597
But they hire for ATTITUDE. Surely someone with the right ATTITUDE will have read the fluff?
>>
File: lorgar2.png (387 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
lorgar2.png
387 KB, 1000x1000
im getting real tired in the fluff of ultramarines being the biggest, the best, and everything else - the underworld war in Calth short stories where ventanus manages to kill 600 word bearers with like 100 ultramarines without taking a single loss is real gay shit desu

also calth being a not-so decimating blow with ultramarines recovering relatively easily with very high numbers is bullshit
>>
>>47037796
>where ventanus manages to kill 600 word bearers with like 100 ultramarines without taking a single loss
Sounds about right, Word Bearers are the shittiest legion.
>Primarch is WS 6
>First Captain is WS 4
>Only one WS 6 special character
>>
Im new to 30K what books do i need for rules for the game and rules/units of the alpha legion
>>
>>47029322
>>47028837
The spider legs in the abeyant are too skinny, it looks weird. Use the tomb spider legs for it.
>>
>>47038016
negative didn't want to be it to be overtly necron and the little legs make it more parasitical and arachnid. This is my first run at this though, so will paint it up and have another go with a scorpion body base.
>>
>>47037796
Beating word bearers is not an accomplishment. They were only sent to Ultramar because Horus knew that their dead bodies would clog the streets and slow the Ultramarines down without really affecting the strength of his attacking force.

I mean, if he took the Sons or EC to Ultramar it would have been a bloody fucking fight, but then he'd be too banged up to blitz terra.
>>
File: 1457052405907.jpg (153 KB, 600x871) Image search: [Google]
1457052405907.jpg
153 KB, 600x871
>>47037796
Should've let the Emperor's Children do Calth, they would've done it right.
>>
>>47037269

You forgot the captions.
>>
>>47038088
Calth was really more or less a distraction though, to keep the Ultramines from Terra. They didn't need to do it right quite yet.
>>
>>47037796
Word Bearers have less of a mind than Poles, Hungarains, and Russians(non-existent!) news at 11.
>>
>>47038088
why oh why didn't the EC get that style of helmets instead of the weirdly sad looking hockey masks....
>>
>>47038014
The 40k rule book, the Istvaan legions book and the legions Astartes book. All the download linksshould be in the OP. Also book three gets you AL fluff.
>>
File: Beep Boop.gif (499 KB, 374x1805) Image search: [Google]
Beep Boop.gif
499 KB, 374x1805
>>47038153
Your primarch has studied your legion for centuries, and sent me back in time to decimate it. I can not be bargained with, I can not be reasoned with. I do not know where I am, I will never know pity, fear, how to deepstrike, or comfortable. I am a robot. Beep boop, son. Beep boop.
>>
File: Beep Boop 2.gif (492 KB, 374x1805) Image search: [Google]
Beep Boop 2.gif
492 KB, 374x1805
>>47038209
I am a robot here to steal Terminator jobs.
>>
>>47038180
Their termies are sad because they have no guns or 2W
>>
>>47038199
thank you.
>>
File: Beep Boop 3.gif (497 KB, 374x1805) Image search: [Google]
Beep Boop 3.gif
497 KB, 374x1805
>>47038233
I run on Terminator jobs.
>>
>>47024150
Well he is a chosen primarch of nurgle, who is also god of despair, so i guess he does not allow mortarion to win to feed on his superhuman saddnes and despair
>>
File: Beep Boop 4.gif (494 KB, 374x1805) Image search: [Google]
Beep Boop 4.gif
494 KB, 374x1805
>>47038268
The natural enemy of the robot is Eldar.
>>
>>47038155

Wasnt the whole point of calth to fail?
Since Lorgar knew that by kickibg the smurfs in the nuts they would go and pull the whole imperium secundus shizzle?
Likewise he got rid of the more unstable part of the legion, and unlike the battle of isstvaan iii, a more cost efficient way
>>
File: Beep Boop 5.jpg (70 KB, 195x960) Image search: [Google]
Beep Boop 5.jpg
70 KB, 195x960
>>47038485
That robot is an Imperial Fist!
>>47038521
>Likewise he got rid of the more unstable part of the legion, and unlike the battle of isstvaan iii, a more cost efficient way
>wasting so much geneseed, supplies, arms and armor
>cost efficient
>>
>>47038521
>>47038572
The Ultramarines end up losing about half of the legion, most of it in the first few hours of the conflict (50% of ~250k marines is more than the entirety of smaller legions, like the Death Guard's 90k marines)

How many did the WB lost?
>>
>>47038521
>jokes on you I wanted to kill off most of my legion
Calth was a ploy by the warmaster to take on of his most dangerous opponents out of the game while he could work his magic. And it almost worked.
>>
>>47038608
>How many did the WB lost?
More than the times than Lorgar got laid. In all seriousness probably 80,000.
>>
>>47038625
Lorgar fought against Corax, I'm sure that counts as getting fucked several times over :^)
>>
>>47038641
He also was an altar boy/choir boy. You know that Kor Phaeron tapped that.
>>
>>47038572

But in a cost efficient manner.....
WB wiped out a significant part of the smurf fleet for fairly little loss themselves.
Now those 50k marines wiped roughly half of the smurfs, 125K which isnt a bad loss ratio.
Now considering erebus overloaded the local star, your argument goes limp on the fact that the UM can't recover equipment either. Hence Calth clearly tips the balance in favor of the WB, who are now approx 190k marines to the UMs 125k and that is not factoring in the WE or the fact the UM lost the majority of their ships of the line
>>
>>47035581

Kind of a mixed bag

They don't have any wargear/upgrades/special rules from their LA rules that really increase their damage output or survivability, and only one of their HQs is good

But they have the GOAT heavy weapon teams, siege tyrants (who were literally designed to walk towards the enemy guns blazing)

They are also one of, if not the best legion in big games, because of Perties bonuses and the extra heavy support slot from HoO so you can keep scaling up and adding vindicator squadrons or suicide termie teams

Other Legions to look at for walking forward and shooting shit are:

Death Guard, the Reaping is fucking amazing dude to heavy weapon saturation and rad grenades letting you be a Blood Angel for a turn, they have an HQ who STRONGLY synergises with the Reaping in Durak Rask, and they have some of the most brutal terminators in the game, all of which can be taken in slots that the Reaping moved competitors out of (Seriously,DG are probably the best designed Legion)

Iron Hands, which is itself pretty self explanatory, they take damage at -1 strength on all ranged weapons, tac blobs get FNP rolls against battle cannons and gives effectively T8(!) to your robots, and the head of the Gorgon RoW lets you our flank Immortals in LR while pushing tac blobs and robots up the board

Honorable mention goes to:

>SoH
>IF
>>
>>47038086
>>47037846
there's no lore i've read implying word bearers are a 'bad legion', lorgar is less powerful than his primarch brothers physically, but basically makes up for that later
>>
>>47027064
Won the battle of Phall?
That's a Pain Glovin'...
>>
How did the legions not at Istvaan III purge their ranks of loyalists? Seems kinda silly for them to assume 100% of those legions would turn, except maybe Alpha Legion
>>
>>47035581
They fit that description exactly.
The Hammer of Olympia Rite of War literally lets them charge after firing rapid fire, and the Tyrant Siege squad are the epitome of "footsloggers".

>>47035532
Horus' underpants.
>>
>>47039464
The old fashioned way. In older fluff the chaplains of the legions were the ones who led the loyal resistances once they found out about the betrayal and had to be put down.
>>
>>47039464

If I had to guess...

>Iron Warriors

That was probably what the decimation was, unless we're going to assume its pure coincidence that a bunch of Girlymans buddies within the legion got put to death, and also there were still loyalists among the ranks, like Dantioc and Vahlen

>Word Bearers

Spent 40 years prior to the heresy weeding out any opposed to the betrayal

>Night lords

Did in fact have loyalists, the problem was Curze could figure out which of the Murder rapists were on his side or against

>Alpha Legion

?????????????????

>Thousand Sons

I'll assume they were all loyalists until the space wolves set fire to all their stuff and took a shit on their lawn, then they just rolled with the warmaster (inb4 blood ravens)
>>
>>47039464
They had parallel organisations in the form of the "Warrior Lodges", so people not into them usually raised the red flags for loyalty. There were also other red flags, like being a Terran or other pre-Primarch recruit.

All you'd need is for a few strategically placed Centurions and sergeants who your Chaos Cult can rely on to judge some loyalists as their enemy.

Though I think some people who would have been amenable to Chaos died because they were deployed under the command of loyalist sergeants and officers. It's surprising, but organisations can be corrupted just from hollowing out the leadership, even at the cost of a lot of people lower down who were near-essential to the organisation and/or amenable to the "takeover".
>>
>>47039551
Dark Angels had that whole incident with the rock as well, don't forget!
>>
>>47039551
The decimation was the first thing Perturabo did. That wasn't how he purged his ranks
>>
>>47039551
There never was a purge of the IW ranks, they purged their homeworld instead. Since the IW were spread out in the galaxy doing garrison duty, many didn't even know about the heresy.
>>
>>47023764
From a your dudes perspective yes, no need to take a primary. However, if you have the model, beautiful as they are, I couldn't see not taking them.
>>
>>47029977
Not an EC-bro, but I would paint them white.

Sarges might get palantine platinum if they are amazing.
>>
>>47030667
>>
>>47035150
Or Iron warriorw, you can have trooo terminators deep striking witb erasmus golg.

Feels deathwing,man.

Death guard are alsk a cohtender as are SoH with lohg march.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.