[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite Board James episode /tg/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: boardjames.jpg (267 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
boardjames.jpg
267 KB, 1920x1080
What's your favorite Board James episode /tg/?
>>
>>47012742
I guess the Heroquest episode? James Rolfe seems to mostly have terrible tastes in board games. Or maybe because his collection is 80s/90s and popular games from that era are mostly terrible.
>>
>>47012875
He has some real gems in his collection. But yea it's mostly a notalgic look at lots of games that were around but lots of kids didn't play because they were rather expensive and hard to find.

The best episode is obviously Dragon Stirke;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDF9mAHSWZg
Once he puts the video on shit gets real.
>>
>>47012742
Which was the game where you had to aim plastic weaponry at each other's shit?
>>
>>47013536
Weapons and Warriors.
>>
>>47012742
I like Key to the Kingdom the most.
>>
>>47013562
I had that game as a kid but it used little disks instead of plastic balls.
>>
>>47012742
that episode where he gets cucked aylmao#rektlolololol

jk, it's dream phone
>>
File: russian space program.png (22 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
russian space program.png
22 KB, 640x480
>>47012742
Do any other guy make funny boardgames reviews like these?
>>
TORNADO REX
READY FOR THE RIDE
TORNADO REX
YOU GOT NOWHERE TO HIDE
>>
Seconding DragonStrike.

They all need to get together and play D&D or some other RPG. With Bootsy as GM, of course.
>>
>>47013562
I used to have that one. Was so much fun to play but it was such a bitch to set up I only played it a few times.
>>
>>47012742
I'm bored.
And when Board James is bored, he plays board games.

Honestly, the whole show was way better before it went the whole "ooga booga mystery and darkness".
Like, yeah, I get it, James likes making campy horror movies. But I feel like the show was better when it was just James having fun with his asshole-ish friends playing games.

Also, Bootsy's songs are top-notch.
>>
>>47012742
I wish that he hadn't turned that review show into an experiment in morbid movie making.
>>
>>47021276
I bet your mom wished you didn't turn into a morbidly obese manchild.
>>
>>47021276
>watches a show made by a man who loves making campy horror
>surprised when it turns into campy horror
I have the same sentiments as you, but I understand why he did this, and, real talk? It's not as bad as it could be.
Omega Virus (or whatever it's called) was the shit.
>>
>>47012875
I believe that is the point. AVGN is basically all shitty videogames, and Board James is basically all shitty board games that had a bunch of commercials in the 80s.
>>
>>47022066
I still like Borad James as a character more than AVGN.

AVGN might be a hair-trigger temper guy who is annoyed by people making the same mistakes in the game design all over again over the years, and thus, he is more prone to truthful criticism, and Board James is more like an affectionate nerd who loves reminiscing through nostalgia goggles.

Long story short, AVGN has fun BECAUSE the game is good, and BJ has fun DESPITE the game being bad.
>>
more like board gaymes am i rite gais?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.