[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Quest #142
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 34
File: Quest OP.jpg (378 KB, 700x1000) Image search: [Google]
Quest OP.jpg
378 KB, 700x1000
Critical Thinking Edition

Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Gobble
Twitter: https://twitter.com/GobbleQM
Pokemon, items, and summary: http://pastebin.com/tSNKt0Wm
FAQ and general concepts: http://pastebin.com/Ht1Q5E1p
All guides, player knowledge, and smutty stories: http://pastebin.com/u/Gobblepokemon

Themes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y-ad_74T08
Quest theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=YW9QKy6oDkE&x-yt-cl=85114404

Recently: You and Robin won your double battle against Robert, the fire master of the Elite Four, and her dad.

General rules:

There is a 10 minute voting period after each post. Non-contradictory votes will be combined as best as possible.

Write-ins for all votes are always welcome and encouraged. They may not all make it into the post or be altered to fit in, but I'll do my best to at least try to address the spirit of the write-in.

Very important or contentious votes may be redone in a stricter voting system as it comes up.

Combat involves rolls! Once there's a clear vote winner, we roll for the move accuracy/crit/secondary effect. Usually it's just three 1d100s. Sometimes you can get a modifier from circumstances, so be creative! Add flair, do tricks with moves, mess with terrain, whatever! This is not a video game.

Call me out on a mistake and receive an apology butt or suggestive picture.

Badges: 9

Pokemon on you:
Nibbles (Tyrantrum)
Devon (Houndoom)
Oberon (Garchomp)
Leviathan (Gyarados)
Vlad (Crobat)
Destiny (Kingdra)

Not in party:
Trunks (Trevenant)
Fel (Butterfree)
Zappy Dan (Magnezone)
Aria (Meloetta)
Raistlin (Alakazam)
>>
[Oh right, latest smutbin: http://pastebin.com/AzZhZ6xf]
>>
Havent been around for lik 100, suddenly twitter alert. Is this quest still worth it?

Gobble. Whatever you are doing now, gotta give you credit for sticking with this so long.

I wonder if should catch up.
>>
>>47010398
HYPE!

Thanks for the smut based not-kill Gobble.
>>
>>47010424
...yeah om drunk
>>
>>47010424
Nearly beat one elite 4 perfectly, crushed another spirits completely, smuts bins produced as normal.

If ya enjoyed before yeah, if you left cuz you got bored of it probably not
>>
>>47010424
Uh, maybe try picking it up again. It's still going quite strong! Far less salt than early threads too.
>>
>>47010424
>Is this quest still worth it?

IMO it has very good writing, and i always get immense enjoyment out of it.

94/100 minor writing mistakes is about the worst that happens.

Very worth reading.
>>
File: FlintArt.png (90 KB, 209x441) Image search: [Google]
FlintArt.png
90 KB, 209x441
Robert agreed not to go on a one-man war against Team Imperium after you beat him and got him to actually listen to what they've been up to.

“Robin,” Robert looks down at his daughter. “I’d like a moment alone.”

The others scoot out of their chairs and begin to leave. Robin grabs your hand, though. “Whatever you want to say, you can say in front of her.”

You of course don’t argue against this.

“Very well.” He sighs. “I believe that it’s possible I can...misjudge, a situation. Robin, are you safe?”

Robin nods.

“Are you happy?”

Robin nods.

“No trouble with the...hrm...” He motions to her eye.

She blinks and it turns into a smiley face. She blinks again and it’s normal.

He grimaces for just a second, then nods and grunts, relieved with her answer. He turns to you. “Kat, should you not succeed in the championship, I’d like you to consider taking over my old gym.”

You're not sure how to feel about Robert. He's changed his tune a lot since you beat him today, but he's also been a gigantic jerk to you since you've met him. He's hurt Robin too, and threatened your friends. Is he just doing this because he's in shock? Does he only respect strength?

Is this an olive branch that you want to take?

>He should offer that to Robin
>Politely decline
>Accept
>You'll consider it
>Something else
>>
>>47010398
Thanks Gobble, a nice one!
>>
>>47010512
>You'll consider it
Gym leader? I dunno. Kat would beat up so many poor kids, especially the snooty ones...
>>
>>47010512
>>Accept
>>Because if we aren't champion it means Robin won and she can't run a gym that way anyway
>>
>>47010512
If that happens, I'll consider it, but Robin deserves it more honestly. Of course,....... can there be two gym leaders from the same gym?
>>
>>47010372
>Critical Thinking Edition

Welp we're fucked.
>>
>>47010512
>>You'll consider it
>>
>>47010545
Supporting
>>
>>47010456
>>47010459
>>47010460

Holy shit. So I have 100 or so threads worth of worthy reading. PRAISE THE SUN.

.. do i still need to occasianallu fap and has kat been dicked. if so i dont wanna.
>>
>>47010545
I mean that's fine and all, but does Kat actually want to run a gym at all?
>>
>>47010585
We have a ranch and slowbros to look after.

At least we will eventually.
>>
>>47010512
>You'll consider it
>>
>>47010573
There are bins so go fap away,

Kat has been dicked once in a noncanon bin that was pretty fucked upped that you can ignore
>>
>>47010585
I personally don't see her doing it, but that's just me.

I'm still shilling for Diantha style famous champion. Actress etc
>>
>>47010512
>Politely decline

I've got my own goals unfortunately.
>>
>>47010614

ok thanks. now off to find the thread where i last was.
>>
>>47010372
Did you have a good week, Gobble?
>>
File: 469.jpg (48 KB, 354x700) Image search: [Google]
469.jpg
48 KB, 354x700
“That’s a nice offer, but shouldn’t you be asking Robin?”

He looks at you like you’re the dumbest person on the planet. “Robin has expressed that she is not interested in it.” he turns to her, slightly hopeful, “unless that’s changed.”

Robin awkwardly fiddles with her food for a second. She puts her fork down and looks up. “N-no.” She chokes down her urge to explain or apologize. “I want to be the new champion.”

“Then there you have it. Robin will become the new champion, and you will run my...your gym.” He says both points like they’re facts.”

“I’ll consider it,” you offer a handshake.

He shakes and nearly crushes your hand. It doesn’t seem like that was his intention, just how he shakes. “I await your answer, then. Be warned, other applicants may beat you to it if you delay too long.”

He takes out two fire badges. They don’t hold any official meaning anymore, since he left his old gym to become part of the elite four, but they mean something to him.

“Geno will know you better than you know yourself. He will ask for the match to have an amount of Pokemon according to his greatest advantage. He typically prefers three per side. Do not underestimate his ability to find your weakness and strike it.”

(continued)
>>
File: champ 17.jpg (187 KB, 847x692) Image search: [Google]
champ 17.jpg
187 KB, 847x692
>>47010950
He gets up to leave, then stops himself.

This giant of a man, with a fiery, impossible to ignore presence, looks just a little bit smaller. “I understand you've spoken to your mother lately. Has she....mentioned me, at all.”

Robin fiddles with her food again. She really doesn't want to get involved in this. Violet has said nothing except for maybe an off-hand comment about him having held her and her Pokemon back by being too soft when she left him.

It dawns on you that maybe that’s part of the reason he’s such a hardass.

>Forget about that bitch. Move on
>Tell him what she said
>Make something up that he needs to hear (write-in)
>Tell him she hasn’t mentioned him at all
>Don’t say anything, leave this to Robin
>Something else
>>
>>47010972
I dunno, either this or saying she hasn't mentioned him. But Robin should have the biggest say.
>>
>>47010972
>>Don’t say anything, leave this to Robin
>>
>>47010972
Also give Robin so prodding to make sure she gets we want her to say something
>>
>>47010972

>>
>>47010725
[Long, long week. Working too much.]

>>47010460
[Holy poop, Anon. That's way more praise than I deserve. Thanks!

>>47010439
>>47010522
[I hope you enjoy it. Sorry about any spelling/grammar issues. Wrote drunk, edited sober.]
>>
>>47010972
>Forget about that bitch. Move on
>>
>>47011046
>[I hope you enjoy it. Sorry about any spelling/grammar issues. Wrote drunk, edited sober.]
I'm sure it's fine, Gobble. As long as it's not the reverse!
>>
>>47010972
>Something else
Ask what she used to be like.

She couldn't have always been a psychopathic ballsack.
>>
>>47011093
That's actually a fair idea...though I dunno if now is the best time to ask, but it couldn't be too bad I suppose.
>>
>>47011246
Everything prior is on here. Fuck off and save me saving another archive link.
>>
>>47011046
Well, good luck but I've got a prerelease to get to for the TCG.
>>
>>47011336
Everything prior is on here.

This is the main reason i will never move to QST as long as i can help it, and one of the multiple BIG reasons i don't support the board in general.

That isn't to say i hate qst, but i don't want it shoved down my throat.
>>
>>47011246
Mods have been banning retards like you since /qst/ got put up. /qst/ isnt a fucking Jew oven for the quests. Until the mods say otherwise, quests are still PLENTY welcome on /tg/.
>>
You look to Robin. She can’t really decide how she wants to handle this. So you stall a bit to let her figure it out.

“What was she like before?”

He looks off into another world. “Passionate. That’s what I remember most about her. She loved Pokemon dearly. We’d go on walks in the forest and she’d stop to make sure every damned Caterpie and Metapod was alright. She’d teach me how to care for Pokemon, I’d teach her how to teach them to stand up for themselves.”

“What changed?”

He downs the rest of drink. It’s just now that you realize he’s been pounding back quite a lot of alcohol. “Nothing, I supposed. You’ll realize this as you grow older, but life has a way of stalling all those little dreams you have until it’s too late. She became restless. She always had this way of justifying any little thing she did by saying it was for the greater good of a Pokemon. Even when she left, it was because she owed it to her Pokemon to fulfill their dream of a cruelty free world.” He sighs. “Perhaps, at times, I may have let my anger get the best of me. But I don’t hate her. I loved her.” he looks at Robin. “She gave me something...something all the strength in the world couldn’t.”

Robin slams her hands on the table. “M-m-mom ruined everything! You’re finally starting to act like you did before she left! D-d-don’t let her suck you in again.”

“Robin-”

“You’re a bad dad. You used to be good, but you let her make you bad. No, she didn’t make you. You let yourself be a bad dad. I can forgive that. I can forgive Torkoal being scared of you. But I can’t forgive you if you go back to her and let her kill what’s left of my dad.” She takes out crumpled, torn, ancient looking paper. “Sign the divorce papers and get her out of your life!”

(continued)
>>
>>47011477
Robin storms out.

He looks down at the papers. Robin must have held onto those forever. He picks up a pen and stares at them.

“Would you, if you were me and she was Robin?”

>Leave, chase after her
>Stay with him and encourage him to sign
>Say something (write in)
>Something else
>>
>>47011521
>"We wouldn't have let it get like this"
>Leave, chase after her
>>
>>47011521
>>47011545
>>
>>47011521
>>Say something (write in)
"I don't know. I haven't known Violet like you have, but from where I am right now... I'd sign that paper."
>>
>>47011521
>>47011545
Works
>>
>>47011521
>>47011545
this
also
>Violet was bragging about what she did to you and Robin. I wanted to punch her in the throat so badly.
>>
>>47011521
>That takes far more imagination than I have. But honestly, they're just papers. The Violet I've had the misfortune to know doesn't seem like she'd care whether they're signed or not. It's up to you to decide whether to chase the dream of getting the old her back, or salvage the family you still have.
>>
>>47011521
>I'd be as big a fool as you, but I might. I would only be risking my own well-being though, and not a relationship with my kid. To me, I think that would change everything.
>>
File: holding hands.gif (2 MB, 500x264) Image search: [Google]
holding hands.gif
2 MB, 500x264
“I don’t know. Violet bragged about leaving. I haven't known Violet like you have, but from where I am right now. I'd sign that paper. All I can tell you is, we wouldn't have let it get like this."

The last thing you hear from that room as you leave to find Robin is the clicking of a pen.

Robin is happy. Tired, but happy. “I-I hate always bringing everything down with my...my drama. Sorry. I’m sure you’re pretty sick of this.”

You put a hand on her back. “Never. It’s fine.”

She let’s that sweet smile of hers show. “Well, that’s it for me. I-I need to take my own advice, and not let her keep having an effect on my life. Why should I even think about her when I can be here in the moment with you.”

“How poetic,” you put an arm around her.

She grabs your hand and holds it. “Come on. Let’s pamper our Pokemon before bed. They earned in. Tomorrow, we have to train.”

And that’s exactly what you do. Vance, Jeanine, and Clair are all happy to help. Their Pokemon play with yours until it’s time to sleep.

You wake up early the next day. You have one more Elite Four member to take on. Geno.

(continued)
>>
File: 1389404912491.png (803 KB, 480x2560) Image search: [Google]
1389404912491.png
803 KB, 480x2560
>>47011919
Your friends have already done a good amount of research for you and Robin. Geno’s the dragon type master, and it shows. his Pokemon seem to land critical hits much more commonly than normal. He apparently has a knack for finding and hitting weak points, both in Pokemon and people. His Pokemon are fast too. They’re tough, very tough,, but it’s the speed and precision that stand out. He’s likely to one or two-shot some of your team before they can act if you’re not careful.

There’s a knock at the door. Speak of the devil.

“Geno,” Clair welcomes him. “This is a surprise.”

He offers the bare minimum of polite acknowledgment to her before entering. “Kat. Robin. Congratulations on making it this far.”

“T-Thanks.”

“What brings you down?”

He gives a half-sided smile. “I’m excited! As you know, I usually fight three on three, or four on four. I find that’s the strongest position in most cases to give my opponents a fair chance. A one on one is simply unfair. It’s over before it starts.” There’s no hint of arrogance. He’s stating what he considers to be a fact. “But I’ll be honest. I want to fight you on the number of Pokemon you think works best for you. I want to feel alive for this.”

He’ll be facing Robin first. She asks for a three on three.

He turns to you after. “What sort of match would you like, Kat?”

>One on one
>Two each
>Three each
>Four each
>Five each
>Six each
>Whatever he wants
>Something else
>>
>>47011958
Hmmm, well I don't have any real preference so why not all six.
>Six each
>>
>>47011958
>Six each
>>
>>47011958
>>One on one

Our mon aren't super trained for it.
>>
>>47011958
>One Pokemon best of 5 rounds.
>>
>>47011958
>>Six each
Full teams

Anyone hoping for another Oberon sweep?
>>
>>47011958
>>Six each
OR
>>One on one
Superspeed crit dragon showdown.

Oberon will be king
>>
>>47011992
Haha, now that's an idea.
>>
>>47011958
>Three each

6x6 will take weeks to do with how gobble has been running.
>>
>>47011993
>>47012001
Eh, Oberon already showed off in the E4.
>>
>>47011958
>>Six each
It's what we're most practiced with.
>>
>>47011958
>Six each
It's getting late here, so good luck with the rest!
>>
>>47011958
>One on one
>>
>>47011958
>Six each
Might as well. 1v1 would be different, but with the theme so far, I'm afraid he'll just pull out Mega Rayquaza or something.
>>
>>47012186
>Mega Rayquaza
May as well forfeit at that point.
>>
(It seems like six on six is winning, but I hate to make assumptions.

Unless you intentionally stall, regardless of what you pick, it won't be as long as your battle with Emma. She did a lot of stall tactics. A one on one is likely to be a high-noon, wild west draw more than a battle. A six on six will be longer, but it also lessons the chances of dice going against you.

From the quick info you got from friends, he doesn't like the idea of using legendaries. He has the following confirmed Pokemon:

Ancalagon (Salamence)
Saphira (Dragonite)
Desghidorah (Noivern)
Rhaegal (Garchomp)
Fin Fang Foom (Tyrantrum)
Shenron (Flygon)
Altaria (Altaria)

With that in mind, just to be absolutely sure, how many Pokemon do you want to fight?]

>one
>six
>>
>>47012256
>six
>>
>>47012256
>six
>>
>>47012256
>>six
>>
>>47012256
>six
>>
>>47012256
>one
>>
>>47012256
>six
>>
>>47012256
Oh shit, he named his mons. We're fucked.
>>
>>47012256
>six
>>
>>47012256
>six

>Shenron
>Desghidorah
>Saphira
Gobble, pls.
>>
>>47012287
I'm going to laugh so hard if we sweep him with Fel
>>
>>47012315
That's it, we're using him.
>>
>>47012416
Best team would probably be something like:
Zappy Dan
Destiny
Fel
Oberon
Nibbles
Aria
>>
>>47012448
I'd say Levi over nibbles
>>
>>47012525
I'm just really jamming having rocks against 4 possible flying types.
>>
File: training.jpg (65 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
training.jpg
65 KB, 640x320
“Six.”

“Daring. Very well. I look forward to it.”

Robin sighs in relief when he leaves. “I only had three plans I could count on.”

You don’t pressure her on revealing those. You’ll see them when she battles him.

That gives you three and a half days to do your own training. You should probably figure out who you want to use, first. You come up with a quick mental list of Pokemon based on their ability to hurt Dragon types, or resist Dragon type moves.

Nibbles (Tyrantrum)
Leviathan (Gyarados)
Oberon (Garchomp)
Destiny (Kingdra)
Raistlin (Alakazam)
Zappy Dan (Magnezone)

But for some reason, you’re feeling the urge to include Fel. He’s not the physically the strongest, but with his powder moves and Quiver Dance, he might be an unexpected showstopper.

>Swap someone for Fel (Butterfree)
>Swap someone for Aria (Meloetta)
>Swap someone for Vlad (Crobat)
>Swap someone for Trunks (Trevenant)
>Swap someone for Devon (Houndoom)
>Ask Vance if you can borrow Sneasel
>Something else
>>
>>47012540
Zappy Dan
Destiny
Fel
Oberon
Nibbles
Aria
>>
File: 1375594173982.jpg (81 KB, 500x1000) Image search: [Google]
1375594173982.jpg
81 KB, 500x1000
>>47012256
>he names his mon
>fin fang foom

Best boy right here.
>>
>>47012540
Sure, ill second
>>47012565
>>
File: 1461876336688.jpg (110 KB, 608x1061) Image search: [Google]
1461876336688.jpg
110 KB, 608x1061
>>47012576
>>
>>47012540
>Swap Raistlin for Aria
She hasn't really had a chance to shine yet
>>
>>47012565
>>47012540
This works.
>>
>>47012565
I'll third this plan
>>
>>47012540
>Swap Fel for Raistlin
>>
Okay, so this guy's got four potential megas, right? I doubt he'll be able to mega more than one of them per fight, two tops, but I wouldn't put it past him to be capable mega-ing any one of those four.
>Mega Salamance
Absolutely fits the fast and hard M.O. Fast as hell and hits especially hard with aerialate turning normal moves flying. Very weak to ice.
>mega garchomp
We should all be familiar. Very weak to ice. Knows sand force, and will likely carry powerful rock, steel, and ground moves.
> mega tyranitar
Deceptively, not a dragon type. Rock/dark. If base form tyranitar doesn't carry sand veil, mega will. Expect overwhelming power.
>mega Altria
Fairy/dragon, probably there to eat opposing dragons. Durable.
>mega ray quads
Just because we don't have a clue about it doesn't mean it can't happen. Use destiny bond, pray.
>>
>>47012732
Confused tyrantrum for tryanitar, sorry
>>
>>47012256
>Rhaegal

ASOIAF DAMMIT
>>
>>47012540
>Swap someone for Aria (Meloetta)
Raistlin
>>
File: old man.jpg (64 KB, 600x440) Image search: [Google]
old man.jpg
64 KB, 600x440
You scratch out your previous plan. You have a new one.

Zappy Dan
Destiny
Fel
Oberon
Nibbles
Aria

Yeah. That feels good to you.

You stretch. Now you need to come up with a plan. You know Geno’s general motif, you know his seven Pokemon, and you have a team. You just-

There’s another knock at the door.

It’s Vernon! “Hey!” You hug him. “How are you, you old fart?”

Robin gives him a hug too.

“I was headin’ straight here, but the oddest thing happened. I was asked tuh’ consult on a mass Slowbro migration. With airships no less. Fancy that, huh?” He elbows, proudly.

“Yeah, well. You know. They needed a new place and I fell into some land.”

He laughs. “Unbelievable. I've watched a lot of trainers get far and let it get to their heads. They forget it’s about the Pokemon." He looks off at the distance for just a moment, remembering his own past. “Well, I wanted you to know it went off without a hitch. Easy as can be. They’re all settled in and comfy. We built habitats an' everythin'” Vernon looks good. Years younger. He still has his cane, but he carries it instead of it carrying him.

“Oh yeah. No big deal, just tying up valuable resources and spending an absurd amount of fuel lugging some of the heaviest Pokemon around.” You see Prince Arledge. “Kidding, of course. The royal family is happy to help. Great PR. The mainland and our own island both love us these days, thanks to you.” He kisses your hand.

(continued)
>>
File: prince.jpg (24 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
prince.jpg
24 KB, 640x480
>>47012947
Vernon smacks him away with his cane. “Kat. I think you might be onto something.” He wastes no time.

“What kind of something?”

He lays out a bunch of papers. “Sympathetic mega-evolution. A kind that surpasses normal mega-evolution. Where your Pokemon takes on physical characteristics based you.”

He pokes a bunch of stuff. “If this is something you and Devon want to do before you match with Violet, we need to start right away.”

Arledge pushes past and talks to Robin. He wants to help her train. “It’s always a good idea to have a future champion owe you a favor,” he explains when Clair presses him.

Vernon also has some other papers. He’s been hard at work. Apparently those cover lessening the effects of critical hits. That’d be perfect for Geno. Maybe even enough to counter how he operates.

But time is short. You need to pick one strategy and stick to it.

>Sympathetic mega-evolution with Devon
>Critical Hit avoidance and negation training
>Just train each Pokemon normally. Learn moves or improve stats
>Something else
>>
>>47012972
save sympathy for Violet
>>
>>47012972
>>Critical Hit avoidance and negation training
>>
>>47012972
>>Sympathetic mega-evolution with Devon
>>
>>47012972
>Just train each Pokemon normally. Learn moves or improve stats
>>
>>47012972
>>Critical Hit avoidance and negation training
Hold of on the Sympathetic until after this match
>>
>>47012972
Being annoying as fuck is kinda our thing, let's take it to the next level.
>>
>>47012972
Turn this into a slog.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 192x262) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 192x262
>>47012972
NOT TODAY, GENO
>>
>>47012972
>>Sympathetic mega-evolution with Devon
>>
>>47012972
>>
“We’ll have to put that on hold,” you tell him. “I can’t train for Violet if I don’t beat Geno.”

He grimaces. “Kid, you might not have time to learn it before you have to fight the champ as it is. But I understand. Crossin’ that bridge when you get there.”

You get your stuff together and get to training. There’s no time to waste.

Over the days, Vernon shows you how it works. It’s not exactly going to make your Pokemon immune from critical hits, but it helps mitigate the damage a bit, and also helps lessen the chances of moves that have a higher critical chance, or the likelihood of critical hits from Pokemon that have used moves like Focus energy.

Vernon is brutal. Very few breaks, very long hours. But it’s worth it in the end. After three days, your party of Pokemon is ready.

“C’mon!” He prods you with his cane. “No slacking yet. You’re not done until you’re out of time.”

He’s right. You have some time before Robin’s match. It’s not much, but it’d be good for any last minute stuff you want to do.

>One last drill for critical hit training, just in case
>Teach a Pokemon a move
>Work on a stat
>Extend the critical hit training to another Pokemon not currently in your party
>Take a nap. Be well rested
>Grab Clair for some...relaxation time. Cool your nerves
>Something else
>>
Guys, it's one or the other.

If we do crits, we're not going to he able to do the super-megathing.
>>
>>47013378
>Teach a Pokemon a move
Aria learn Dazzling Gleam
>>
>>47013378
Boost Oberon's Critical hit rate even more
>>
>>47013378
>Teach a Pokemon a move
Seconding >>47013418
Aria and Dazzling Gleam
>>
>>47013378
>Teach a Pokemon a move
Teach fel something. Infestation, dream eater, electro web, tailwind, any would help him capitalize on turns of sleep/paralysis.
>>
>>47013378
This makes sense.
>>47013418
>>
>>47013517
Wait, sorry, he already knows tailwind. Still, I can't help but feel like we need to prepare him. He's just a little guy.
>>
>>47013553
He can do it, we just have to know when to use him.
>>
>>47013378
>Take a nap. Be well rested

We are in the hands of the dice now.
>>
File: 250px-Contest_judges.png (68 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
250px-Contest_judges.png
68 KB, 250x141
“Come on, Aria. I got a move in mind that I think you’ll like.”

She cocks her head.

“And if you learn it quickly, I’ll toss in another juice box.”

She claps her hands together and gets to work. You both train hard and quick on Dazzling Gleam. Vernon gives pointers that go a long way.

“It’s time,” Jeanine interrupts just as Meloetta does her last blast on a training dummy.

You and your friends head off and find a good spot in the crowd. There’s a lot of extra stuff before the match. Commercial spots, entertainers, and banter between the announcers. You guess that’s because Robin’s match is a three on three. Some people in the crowds like that, other’s think a shorter match won’t be as good.

Violet finds her way beside you once again.

“I never pegged you for a homewrecker.” She has a crumpled, ancient looking paper sticking out of her pocket.

“You’re really blaming that on me?”

“I’m not stupid, Kat. I know you were involved. Yes, the fire died long ago, but I had a vested interest in keeping that man around.”

Aria, who is sitting on your lap, sticks a tongue out at her before going back to her juice box.

>Ignore her, watch the match
>Oh that is it. Out her in front of the crowd
>Taunt her. She’s probably getting nervous
>Do bets on Robin winning
>Something else
>>
>>47013783
>>Ignore her, watch the match
>>Pat Aria's head
>>
>>47013783
Standard Operating Procedure
>>
>>47013783
>>
>>47013783
>>Something else
Good Aria
>>
>>47013783
This is gonna be good!
>>
>>47013783
>>
>>47013783
Dat ho, she a homewrecker.

>>
>>47013783
>All I did was remind him of what he already knew.
>>
So Gobble, do you plan on running anything on /qst/?
>>
>>47013783
>>Just because you wanted him around to jerk his chain and torment him, doesn't mean he has to take it.
>>Pat Aria's head
>>
>>47013969
[If it becomes a rule. Or maybe if when Pokemon Quest is over and it's still alive and thriving against expectations.]
>>
>>47014045
Hopefully there will be an extension to TG that let us archive them together.
>>
>>47014076
suptg has a /qst/ archive now
>>
>>47014045
/qst/ isn't likely to last. I say that considering that only the 2 shitposting containment QMs on my feed have run their quests there.
>>
You pat Aria on the head. She loves the attention.

“In bet you think you’re something special. You’re not better than me. Humans are all the same, in the end. I’m not a bad person, because all people are by definition, bad.”

You ignore her and watch the match.

She stops trying to bug you that way and hits on Clair instead. She pouts when Clair threatens to “Goldeen” her.

Robin starts with...Ninetails! It’s Ninetails against his Tyrantrum. Tyrantrum opens with an incredibly quick Rock Slide. It’s revealed that it’s Zoroark!

Zoroark uses Counter, smash Tyrantrum in a single blow. The crowd explodes.

But Zoroark is in terrible condition. There’s no using that trick twice.

There’s someone taking bets. Arledge bets against Robin. “Just hedging. I think she’ll win, but if she loses I’ll want a consolation prize.”

Vernon bets she’ll lose two.

It’s not too late to get in on the action.

>Bet Robin sweeps without a loss
>Bet Robin loses one Pokemon
>Bet Robin loses two
>No bets, just watch
>Something else
>>
>>47014143
>>No bets, just watch
>>
>>47014143
>No bets, just watch
>>
File: tmp_8613-...what1306981509.png (57 KB, 627x620) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8613-...what1306981509.png
57 KB, 627x620
>>47014143
>She pouts when Clair threatens to “Goldeen” her.
Is this a euphonium.
>>
>>47014143
>No bets, just watch
Focus on the action!
>>
>>47014143
>No bets, just watch.
>"shh"
>>
>>47014208

eu·pho·ni·um
yo͞oˈfōnēəm/Submit
noun
a valved brass musical instrument resembling a small tuba of tenor pitch, played mainly in military and brass bands.

Do you mean euphemism? No I think she means she would fuck her head up so hard she'd think she was a Goldeen.
>>
>>47014208
Remember she can make people think they're pokemons
>>
>>47014208
As in make her believe that she is a goldeen via mind screw.
>>
>>47014208
Probably referring to messing with her brain so she thinks she's a Goldeen or something along those lines.
>>
>>47014143
>Bet Robin loses one Pokemon
>>
File: disguise.gif (1002 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
disguise.gif
1002 KB, 500x357
Geno sends in Desghidorah, his Noivern.

“Looks like Geno is going for speed.”

“A smart move, Chip. Robin’s known for her tricky battle style. If he can shut her down before she can pull anything off, he’ll be in a good position.”

Robin tries to use U-Turn to get Zoroark out, but Noivern is too fast. It’s Boomburst stops it right in it’s tracks.

“Oh! And down it goes.”

“Both sides have lost one Pokemon so far.”

Robin sends in Sylveon. But Geno is undeterred. He has Noivern use Air Slash to flinch it as he wears it down. Robin manages to get a Skill Swap in, but why?

As Sylveon continues to take that punishment, Robin uses Light Screen, and then gets Sylveon out of the direct line of sight by uses rocks and trees to dodge behind. Sylveon runs from tree to bush until it’s trapped near the corner of the arena.

Geno uses Boomburst, and Sylveon uses Evade. The soundwaves miss Sylveon, bounce off the conical edge of the arena that Sylveon was up against, and hit Noivern dead on. It’s ears twitch out as it goes down.

“Amazing display! By using Skill Swap, Noivern’s ability was changed to Pixilate. Pixilate turns normal type moves like Boomburst into Fairy type moves.”

“Indeed, Chip. Robin really took advantage of Noiverns great hearing.”

[Sorry for delay. Writing]
>>
>>47014444
Crafty
>>
>>47014444
Holy shit that was clever, I'm actually sort of worried about battling her now.
>>
>>47014536
We can be clever too, thing is we have the strats to power through things.
>>
File: dragonite hug.jpg (416 KB, 850x592) Image search: [Google]
dragonite hug.jpg
416 KB, 850x592
Geno sends in his last Pokemon, Saphira.

Sylveon lands a single Quick Attack on it before getting Slammed. Since she used Skill Swap before and no longer has Pixilate, Quick Attack was just a normal type hit.

But it’s enough to deal with her Multiscale.

Robin stalls. Geno doesn’t waste any time or let up at all though. He has his Dragonite use Dragon Dance.

“Robin seems paralyzed with indecision.”

“Indeed, Chip. What can she be waiting for?”

“Looks like Geno isn’t letting up. He’s taking her seriously.” His Dragonite looks pumped.

Robin sends in her last Pokemon. Her ball falls right in the lake. But as it comes up, you see another Dragonite.

Wait. Something’s wrong. That’s not Robin’s Dragonite.

“Dragon Claw!” Robin’s Dragonite rushes at an impossible speed. Geno has his own Dragonite use the same move, and they collide in the center. There’s an explosion of dust.

Once it settles, only one Dragonite remains standing.

Robin’s Dragonite turns into Ditto.

“Amazing!”

“Indeed, Chip. Ditto copies not only the look of its opponent, but any buff status as well. By pumping up his own Dragonite, Geno gave Robin’s Ditto all the strength it needed to take it down in one shot.”

“That’s right. And with Multiscale in effect after Ditto transformed, it was able to stay on it’s feet.”

Violet gets up and leaves without saying a word.

Vernon grins from ear to ear. “Yeah!” His cane swings wildly.

You all rush down to congratulate Robin. Her Ditto barely has the ability to stand up. She hugs and squeezes it as it goos around her arms.

>Tell her about her dad divorcing
>Give her a big, publicly indecent kiss
>Ask for advice for when you fight Geno
>Ask how she knew he'd use Dragonite
>Something else
>>
>>47014803
>>
>>47014803
>>Give her a big, publicly indecent kiss
>>
>>47014803

Robin is Batman.
>>
>>47014803
The only correct choice.
>>
>>47014803
>>
>>47014803

THAT WAS FUCKING BRILLIANT

>>47014846
She is the goddamn batman
>>
>>47014846
>>47014910
She is clearly Robin
>>
Is there still a 3rd person facing the Elite Four?
>>
>>47014803
Aim right for the cameras.
>>
>>47015058
[Oh shit. Did I forget them? In my head, they lost to Emma. Apologies for missing that]
>>
File: knight and dragon.gif (6 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
knight and dragon.gif
6 MB, 480x270
You grab Robin, spin her around, and lay it on her.

She nearly dies from embarrassment as that’s played on all the big jumbo screens. “K-Kat~!”

Clair subtly pinches Robin’s butt after Robin breaks free from you. “Oh yeah, like you’re not looking forward to a reward banging after this. Maybe if you play nice we-”

A microphone comes into hearing distance and Clair shuts up. It’s her chance to blush a bit.

“A humbling encounter,” Geno comes down to shake her hand.

“It sure was! I don’t think I’ve ever been so scared! I don’t know if I could train that kind of speed and precision that your Pokemon have if I had 10 years.” Robin completely misunderstands his meaning.

He looks amazed that such an innocent girl could have outplayed him. “Yes, well, keep up the good work.”

“I’ll try, sir.”

He and Robin chat. He explains the weaknesses he perceived in her Pokemon, and how that became nearly useless since she had Ditto and Zoroark confusing him. He’s perceptive. He points out small quirks that even you didn't realize until he mentions them.

He turns to you. “I look forward to tomorrow.”

“Me too.”

“If you don’t mind my saying so, I've noticed a few things about your Pokemon, if you’d like to discuss it.” He nods to Aria.

>Sure, tell me about Aria’s weaknesses
>Wait. What about (specify)?
>Tell me after our battle tomorrow
>Tell him about a weakness you noticed in one of his Pokemon instead
>Something else
>>
>>47015218
>>Tell me after our battle tomorrow
>>
>>47015218
Hm. I'm worried that it'll just psyche us out since there's no time left.
>>
>>47015218
>Tell me after our battle tomorrow
>>
>>47015218
HOW THE FUCK ARE WE GONNA BEAT THIS GUY FUCK FUCK FUCK
>>
>>47015218
>Sure, tell me about Aria’s weaknesses
>>
>>47015298
With gusto
>>
>>47015316
And the Dice Gods.
>>
>>47015218
>>
>>47015298
Status queen power
>>
>>47015218
>>
>>47015335
I hope we wreck his shit with fel
>>
>>47015378
That would probably require Fel taking at least one hit and living, which strikes me as unlikely at best.
>>
“Tell me after our battle tomorrow.”

He nods. His bird-of-prey eyes bear into you. “I see. I hope you don’t regret missing it if you lose.”

Aria looks concerned. She’s done a lot of hard training and proven she takes this seriously.

Interviewers hound Robin and Geno. This is big, big news. Robin does her best to politely excuse herself. It only really works because Vance is behind her, giving his best “back off” face to anyone with a microphone.

“If I had to tell the truth, I paid her no mind until she was deep into the league.”

Replays of the match, along with your aggressive tongue attack, keep replaying on the big screen.

That seems to encourage a certain subset of your growing fans. By the next day, there are shirts of you and Robin making out 4 panel pictures of Robin reacting cutely to things, fanart of you both holding hands, and more. Robin shyly averts her gaze every time she see one on your way to the arena for your battle with Geno.

“P-people know that we... you know.”

“Make sweet, tender love?” Jeanine hangs off of Vance’s arm.

“Gross,” Clair says flatly. She doesn’t have her usual sarcastic spunk. Just anger. “And yeah, princess. People know that Robin and Kat bump uglies. Is that seriously just setting in now? Your sex lives are a matter of public curiosity.”

You arrive at the arena. This is it.. One way or the other, it’s your last Elite Four battle.

Aria fidgets. The prospect of having some sort of weakness that Geno could exploit is getting to her.

>Kiss Robin for good luck
>Kiss Clair for good luck
>Give Aria a quick pep talk
>Wait, swap Pokemon
>Something else
>>
>>47015561
He's playing you because he's scared, don't let it get to you.
>>
>>47015561
>>Kiss Robin for good luck
>>Kiss Clair for good luck
>>Give Aria a quick pep talk
>>
>>47015561
>>Kiss Robin for good luck
>>Kiss Clair for good luck

Write all three Gobble, write all three
>>
>>47015561
>>
>>47015604
>>47015614
Do it,
>>47015561
>>
>>47015561
"That is your weakness Aria. You worry too much about what you are missing to see what you already have. Geno's just trying to get to you."
>>
>>47015604
>>47015614
Seriously guys? We're short on time, the whole point is to pick a priority here and go with it.
>>
>>47015561
>Peptalk Aria
>Kiss Clair AND Robin, hand on each girls butt

Victory lewds all around
>>
File: meloetta_by_landon783-d6h1gl6.jpg (155 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
meloetta_by_landon783-d6h1gl6.jpg
155 KB, 1200x1200
You give Robin and Clair a quick, half-second peck on the lips with a complimentary butt-pinch

“Kat!” Clair pushes you off. “People are going to see!”

“P-people watching could be pretty hot,” Robin mumbles.

Vance leans down and tries to shout over the crowd. “What was that?”

“N-nothing!”

You bend down to Aria and put a hand on her fidgeting fingers. “You’ve got this. There’s nothing to be worried about.”

SHe shakes her head. You can tell what she’s thinking. What if she messes this up? She’s been humbled before and knows that just being a legendary isn’t enough. She’s worked hard to get where she is, but what if her habits cost you and the rest of the team everything? She could have tried harder.

You need a quick answer to calm her nerves.

>He was just trying to psyche her out (as far as you know, this is a lie)
>Whatever it is, you’ll help her be unpredictable so it doesn’t come up
>Hum a quick tune with her. First song that comes to your mind
>Something else
>>
>>47015837
Relic Song! Transform as our entrance!
>>
>>47015837
>>Hum a quick tune with her. First song that comes to your mind

>>47015862
Actually we want her in her current form for increased Special attack.
>>
>>47015837
This
>>47015862
Or Love is a Battlefield
>>
>>47015837
>>Hum a quick tune with her. First song that comes to your mind
>>
>>47015837
>>
>>47015862
>>47015889
Her fighting form is worse. She needs to be able to use full power Dazzling gleam and hyper voice.
>>
>>47015837
>Hum a quick time with her. First song that comes to mind.
Should be something soft and relaxing...
Maybe Song of the Exile (King Arthur movie) unless someone has a better idea then go with theirs
>>
>>47015837
>Something else
"For all we know, it could be that your confidence is easily shaken."
>>
File: tumblr_mmsf35OWTW1spuacro1_1280.jpg (294 KB, 579x958) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmsf35OWTW1spuacro1_1280.jpg
294 KB, 579x958
[Give me three dice rolls. Let's have some fun.]
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>47016074
>>
>>47016074
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>47016074
Let's try that again.
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>47016074
>>
Rolled 46 (1d100)

>>47016074
>>
File: 1426225045905.jpg (11 KB, 365x500) Image search: [Google]
1426225045905.jpg
11 KB, 365x500
Nice one guys
>>
Just got here and wanted to let you know I love you Gobble! keep up the good work!
>>
>>47016083
>>47016085
>>47016101
>>47016102
>>47016103

I'm glad we ain't fighting
>>
>>47016132
[Thanks, EMT! Hope you like the latest lewdbin. Glad to see you're alive.]
>>
Maybe we should lead with Aria so she doesn't fuck up in a clutch moment.
>>
>>47016158
that picture always bothers me
>>
File: Blue.(Pokémon).full.892476.jpg (277 KB, 600x682) Image search: [Google]
Blue.(Pokémon).full.892476.jpg
277 KB, 600x682
You start humming Relic song. At first, she’s confused, but after a few seconds in, you hear her humming along. Her voice is out of tune for a second, but she catches on quickly. You hold her hand and keep going. She gets inspired by you, and you get inspired by her.

You both walk out to the arena together. Louder and louder, you build the song. You stay on the main rhythm as jumps around it, adding a little flourish here and there to spice it up. It’s creative, but truth be told, not really that fantastic.

She transforms as you both enter the arena.

The reception is okay. Aria’s distracted enough not to have a panic attack or anything, but she’s not totally over her fear. It’s an improvement from before, but you worry it won’t hold if something happens to shake her confidence during the match.

Seeing her transformed and at least someone confident is good enough, you suppose. Oh right. You want her in her other form. “Quick, let’s do that again real quick.”

She rolls her eyes at you, but you can tell she doesn’t actually have any issues with extending her performance a little. She finishes up just in time for the judges and announcers to begin giving the usual talk about the rules and whatnot.

In the audience you see someone with a giant picture of yourself with the words "Status Queen" on it. You breath in and out. You've got this.

[That’s it for today. I want to start earlier tomorrow so we can really make some progress.]
>>
>>47016242
Thanks for running gobble! We're drawing to a climax, aren't we? This is exciting, I'm glad to be along for the ride!
>>
>>47016242
Night Boss, here's hoping the dice don't fuck us over on this.
>>
>>47016242
Thanks Gobble!
>>
>>47016240
[How's this instead?]

>>47016291
>>47016267
>>47016308

[Thanks for coming. The championship is rolling up, but there's a little more yet to go through.

I can't wait and it's so hard not to spoil it. I have no idea how people are going to react.]
>>
>>47016242
Thanks for running gobble.

Has Vlad been declared the most annoying pokemon ever in the league?
>>
>>47016319
I love all your pastebins!

And sorry for the prolonged disappearance, new job has been keeping me busy
>>
It makes sense that Robin and the prince would train together. They're both sneaky bastards.

How are we going to beat her?
>>
>>47016242
Thanks for running.
>>
>>47016319
Thanks for running Gobbledegook. Have a good night!
Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.