[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Snakecatcher Quest: Thread 95
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 4
File: snek.jpg (25 KB, 262x288) Image search: [Google]
snek.jpg
25 KB, 262x288
We now join the fight for Taldenral, already in progress.

Previous Threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Snakecatcher%20Quest
Twitter: https://twitter.com/OuroQM
Party: http://pastebin.com/hcK81hKL
Inventory: http://pastebin.com/kpSHTiZi
Pastebin Directory: http://pastebin.com/yYATEBvy
Thing where you ask questions: http://ask.fm/OuroQM
>>
>>47010098
You wind your Caster furiously, loading it with a bottle of venom as quickly as you can. An arrow shatters itself on your Champions-hardened skin and you swing the Caster up to return fire up at the walls above you.
The walls of Taldenral are falling.

It’s been a full day since you left the banks of the Kuri behind you, Hiss’ forced march taking her forces to the outskirts of Taldenral by morning. The sun still hasn’t reached its zenith and the city is already under assault. Its walls are already being overrun in multiple locations, rattled defenders barely able to rally under the assault of the living dead scaling its walls. Taldenral is simply not a defensible location. It’s too large, too fat. Its walls don’t even go all the way around and you know for a fact that many serpents have already slipped inside and have begun to feast. The entire bloated city is far less defensible than the river Kuri and their men much less stout of heart. They’ve barely even brought up the trebuchets against you, something is sowing chaos within their ranks. You can only hope it was Oster’s doing.

Unfortunately in the chaos of it all you’ve gotten a little separated from Hiss. She’s already inside the city, you can see her path from where the main gates have been smashed open and trampled underfoot.
"How are you guys doing back there?"
You turn around to face your companions, averting your eyes from the deaths of the defenders in the process.

"Everything's fine here," Zigzag says as Aashenpreet hoists her into the air. The Quedeshi is using her as a shield lest she be struck by a stray arrow. Zukhdeep curls around her collar and she refuses to look you in the eye or respond to your question.

"Yes, I have not sustained damage."
And that's Eva, currently cowering behind Hom's human form in a similar manner.

"Don't worry, the arrows should stop soon! There's not much left now. Then we can all get inside peacefully."

1/2
>>
>>47010108
“Define, ‘peacefully’”, Aashenpreet remarks as you back away and take your cauldron out from your pack.

“Pardon?”

“How many people have died already today? Hundreds? Thousands? This is the furthest thing from peace.”

You sigh as you bend over your cauldron and begin to restock. Looks like Aashenpreet is willing to talk at last, if only to continue to insult Hiss’ objective.

>Choose ten potions to restock. You can choose multiples of the same brew.

Additionally,

>”That’s odd Aash, since when did you care about human lives?”

>”I’ve already talked to Hiss about this. You can’t make me doubt her anymore.”

>”I don’t like it but it’s necessary.”

>”And just what are you planning to do after all this, huh?”

>Other
>>
>>47010126
soulsight
regen
potence
champion brew x2, one for aash and one for eva
weakening cloud
snakebreaker
ignition elixir x2
skinshedder
it's only a matter of time before quedesh sets its sights upon teleran. a snake led country will fare better.
>>
>>47010238
These brews seem fine.
>>
>>47010238
That is Meta anon, IC Cennen has no reason to believe that, especially since Quedesh has closer and more juicy neighbors close by.
>>
>>47010275
i actually used that reasoning quite a while ago
>>
>>47010126
>”And just what are you planning to do after all this, huh?”
>>
Just a note. This may be our last thread on /tg/. I'll hold a vote at the end of this thread about whether we should move to /qst/ or not.
But it's important I run in /tg/ at least one more time so I can link the Snakecatcher qst archives at the end for any archive-bingers in the future that are just following the /tg/ archives.
>>
>>47010126
>>”That’s odd Aash, since when did you care about human lives?”
It's too late to stop, and while I HATE it more than you can imagine, it's best to end it quickly. Otherwise we're just prolonging the suffering on both sides.

soulsight
regen
potence
champion brew x1, one for aash show Eva how to make them for herself, hom too
weakening cloud
snakebreaker
ignition elixir x2
skinshedder
Scalebane acid
>>
We really need to learn that brew that restores wishbonds broken by alchemy. We could easily nobble Tanni by drinking it.
>>
>>47010336
I really have no issue with /qst/.
>>
>>47010429
that'd be really cheeky
>>
>>47010336
Honestly keep running here till it's out of trial. Keeps the archives more consistent. The only issue I found is it's got a finicky auto refresh.
>>
>>47010336
And with that in mind, I'm archiving this thread early!

>Brews listed here: >>47010238

You do your best to just keep brewing and not to rise to her provocations but in the end you can't help yourself.
"That's odd Aash, since when did you care about human lives?"

Aashenpreet gasps.
"I- I always have! You know that."

"Do I? Well it's too late to stop now and it's best to end it quickly. Otherwise we're just prolonging the suffering on both sides."
You pass her a Champion's Elixir.

"I care about humans! Why would you think I don't?"

"But don't worry, I'm sure a lot of the casualties are being eaten. Does that put your mind at ease?"

Aashenpreet narrows her eyes.
"I see now. You're mocking me. Everything else you've done to me wasn't enough, was it?"

"Uh, that's not quite what I intende-"

"No it's fine! I can tell when I'm not wanted! Come on Zigzag!"
Aashenpreet picks the little snake back up as a shield and starts walking off towards a breach in the city wall. She's definitely in a huff.
Zukhdeep twists around her neck and hisses at you as she leaves.

>"Good riddance!"

>"Hom, please go get her."

>Damn it, why did she have to do this now? Chase after her.

>Just wait. She'll be back.

>Call out to Zigzag.

>Nobble

>Use Potion (Specify)

>Other
>>
>>47010536
I've also seen butthurt players spamming links to /tg/ because they don't want to lose their internet battle with non-questers
>>
>>47010582
Guys why would you choose that option? Literally the worst and most petty choice.
>>
>>47010582
>>
>>47010582
can we please just reconcile already
>>
>>47010611
>most petty choice
questers are a vengeful bunch, i'm not sure what you expected
>>
>>47010536
>>Damn it, why did she have to do this now? Chase after her.
the better question is why did anyone think that was a good response.
>>
>>47010582

>tfw we will always be hated by our pseudo-son because of asshole players
>>
>>47010742
this whole thing with aash has been really frustrating. it's depressing since she was really our closest friend before it all happened.
>>
File: olivebranch.jpg (51 KB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
olivebranch.jpg
51 KB, 500x328
>>47010582
"I'm sorry, I went to far. I'd like to apologize properly once we're out of mortal danger, so please come back"

>>47010583
This makes me sad, I thought we were better than this
>>
>>47010583
>>47010782
Don't change what isn't broken IMO. /qst/ has wonky timers, the features break at odd times, and it's eaten some quests by accident. It also reeks of a containment board. I'd advise waiting until forced or until the fix the issues.
>>
>>47010834
The messed up autoupdate is the only issue I've seen. I don't know anything about those other issues you mentioned
>>

Ah fuck. Did she really have to do this now? You thought the two of you were past all of that! You made her a homunculus!
"Oh come on, Aash! Eva, Hom! You two stay here alright?"

"aaaaaaa."

"You know we can't promise you that," Eva says. "But we'll let you talk to her alone."

"Thanks. Sorry about all of this, all of this drama has been so frustrating."

"Then go talk to her."
Eva tosses her Champion's Elixir from one hand to another.
"And besides, I'd like to be able to talk with my other brother someday."

"Yeah. Wouldn't we all."
And with that you finish packing back up and are running back towards the wall with Caster in hand. You can see Aashenpreet ahead of you, Zigzag held aloft in one hand. And then she reaches the breach and disappears from view.

"Aash!"
If she hears you she doesn't look back.

You fire the Caster once more to clear the way as you run towards the wall. You don't have time for any more fights. You just have to reach her as quickly as you can!

>Roll a 1d100 to navigate the chaos safely. Best of the first 3 accepted.
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>47010876
>>
Rolled 63 (1d100)

>>47010876
SKILL!
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>47010876
>>
>>47010900
perhaps the gods favour is returned
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>47010876
fuck we'll be needed to fight tannis forces. great job to you anons who voted to be petty
>>
>>47010834
I'm not for /qst/ I don't think it is really necesary and like many others I have a problem with the way the whole thing was handled. But stuff like this >>47010583 I had only seen rabid anti quest people do
>>
>>47010927
>I have a problem with the way the whole thing was handled
so your internet feelings were hurt? the way i see it we have a shiny new board with new features more conducive to questing and everything else is irrelevant.
>>
>>47010911
I should have specified I wanted to snark a little to get her to cut the crap and move on to the next subject
>>
>>47010953
First of all, as a separate anon, that is incredibly insulting. Secondly, the blatant disregard for discourse or care for quest was made readily apparent by the mod. That should worry you. Finally the board is buggier than ant hive.
>>
>>47010996
He listened to suggestions and changed the board's features accordingly anon. The autoupdate thing is annoying but it'll be fixed soon enough. And it's not like refreshing the page is huge inconvenience.
>>
>>47010953
>>47010996
Can we do this after the thread is done?
>>
>91

Arrows and swords break against your alchemically-strengthened skin as you rush on through. You sidestep every entanglement and run past every melee. Luckily you are being ignored for the most part.
You reach the breach and jump on through, noticing that the defenders here are either dead or have fled.

You're back in Taldenral! Just not in the manner you wished to be. The houses along this street are ruined and several are aflame. Everybody's fled.
Now where's Aashenpreet?

You look up and down the street and spot Zigzag lying face-down on the cobblestones.
"Ziggy! Are you okay?"

Zigzag rolls over. She's completely unharmed.
"Aashenpreet dropped me so I've been looking at the ground for a while."

"Which way did she go?"

Zigzag points to the left and you spot a thin alleyway leading down between two ruined houses. You almost didn't spot that!
"Thanks Ziggy. Are...are you fine down there?"

"I ate a horse yesterday."

>Ask Zigzag to follow you.

>Pick Zigzag up and follow.

>No time! Just leave her be. It's not like she can actually be hurt.

>Call out for Aash to come out.

>Other
>>
>>47011092
>>Pick Zigzag up and follow.
A whole horse Ziggy?
>>
>>47011092
Send zigzag back to defend our homunculi while we find aash
>>
>>47011111
This
>>
>>47011092
Any reason she isn't moving?
>>
>>47011092
>Ask Zigzag to follow you.
Is... you're stomach hurting?
>>
>>47011092
>"I saw you and I'm very proud"
This >>47011111
>Go after Aash

>>47011128
Lazyness
>>
>>47011133
Mean to vote fore
>>47011092
>>
>>47011092
>>
>>47011111
Actually if she can't move due to eating too much just pick her up.
>>
>>47011024
The text features break and it occasionally deletes quest by accident. It's also inundated with shitposters.
>>
>>47011128
its pretty commons for snakes in the real world to just sit around for a while after they eat a thing.
>>
>>47011171
If you're talking about Whiskey's quest I'm 100% sure he deleted that himself. And every quest I've read there has been shitpost free. I've never used the text features but I've seen them working just fine several times.
>>

"Yes, I saw you and I'm very proud. But...really? The whole thing?"

"Some of it."

"Come here then. Up you go!"
You pick Zigzag up and balance her over your shoulder as best you can. She just dangles there, limp and listless.
With that taken care of, you walk down the alleyway only to find that it's empty.

There's a door near the end of it that's been broken open however and you'd wager that's where you'd find her.
"Aash? I'm coming."

You go to cross the threshold when someone else steps out to block your path. You don't recognize them immediately.
It's a youth and one small for his age, short and wispy looking. Their skin and short hair is as pale as milk and their eyes are red. They're wearing a white gown and while you assume they're male they're rather androgynous about the whole thing.

"Let me through, Zukhdeep."

"She doesn't want to see you. She's busy."

"Well I want to see her. This has gone on for too long!"
You take another step forward and Zukhdeep hisses, revealing a mouth full of sawteeth. Just like his mother.

"I will kill you if you try."

"You can't kill me. I'm your creator."

"That means little. All you do is hurt people. If you think I'd feel sentiment for a monster like you then you're sorely mistaken."

Oof.
"Well you can't kill me anyway. I know you don't have combat capability, Zukhdeep."

"Step forward then and see what happens."

>Step forward.

>Pick him up and move him.

>Ask Zigzag to paralyse him.

>"Can Zigzag enter, at least?"

>"I'm proud of you."

>"I understand but I must pass!" Punch him in the face.

>"Can't you just give me a chance?"

>Other
>>
>>47011415
>>"I'm proud of you."
>>
>>47011415
>>"Can Zigzag enter, at least?"
>>"I'm proud of you."
>>
>>47011415
>"I'm proud of you."
I'm glad that you can protect her but I really need to reconcile with her. I know I've treated her badly but we were close friends once and I think deep down we'd both like to have that again.
I don't see what letting zigzag go instead would possibly achieve.
>>
>>47011415
I just want to talk to her. I promise to treat her well.
>>
>>47011415
>"I'm proud of you."
>>
>>47011415
>"You're right about me. Your mother was amongst the people I hurt and I don't think she'll ever forgive me, not that I deserve it. But I still care about her and I'm trying to make it up to her."
>>
>>47011415
If he says no I'm willing to try letting zigzag through but it really wouldn't help anything. I am curious about what Aash might be busy doing in there though
>>

"Can't you just give me a chance?"
There's no way you're going to let yourself get guilt-tripped by a homunculus of all things.
"I just want to set things right."

Zukhdeep frowns.
"She would want me to forgive you. But she also would not want me to let you step past."

"Would she now?"

"She's told me that all creatures are worthy of forgiveness."

"So she has forgiven me?"

"Maybe. But she'll never trust you again."
Zukhdeep seems to make up his mind and he steps aside.
"You may pass this time. If only because I would have liked to have known you once."

"We still can, you know."

"No. No we can't."

You walk through the broken-in doorway, leaving Zukhdeep behind.
The house beyond is dark, the curtains all drawn and the windows blocked. But you can see something twisting and moving in the shadows. Something huge.
You can't tell what it's doing but you hear something thud against the ground several times as a coil rears up.
You have a Sun Potion in your backpack. You just need to reach in and pull it o-

"Don't."
Zukhdeep is suddenly by your side once more.
"Nobody wants to see this. Just say what you've came to say and leave."

>Activate the Sun Potion anyway.

>Apologize.

>"Alright, this has gone on way too long. What can I even do to make this up?"

>Blink and wait for your eyes to adjust to the darkness.

>"I think you've sulked about this for long enough."

>Use Potion (Specify)

>Say something (Specify)

>Other
>>
>>47011806
>>
>>47011806
>Apologize.
>>
>>47011806
>Apologize.
I truly am deeply sorry for everything I've done to you. I lost my temper and attacked you and then showed you something that I knew would be hard on you. I've wanted to fix things for a while because you're really important to me but I keep making things worse instead. Please forgive me so I can make good on my promise to help you see the world and we can be friends again.
>>
>>47011806
>Activate the Sun Potion anyway.
>Apologize.
>>
>>47011806
>Apologize.
>"Alright, this has gone on way too long. What can I even do to make this up?"
I know that everything I've done to you lately might make this hard to believe but I want you to be happy again.
>>
>>47011806
Cornyness ahead
>"Listen Aash. I try to turn Hiss into a lighter path but for every inch i do she pulls me three into hers. Any sane person would abandon her, or kill her, but I can't do that. I love her. You're right about me, I'm a monster, fuck you don't even know half of it. And that's why I need you. I know this is a selfish thing to ask, but I need you to keep reminding me of what I should be, to stop me from being swallowed by Hiss, so please... Forgive me.
>>
>Apologize.

"Hi Aash...," you start, suddenly filled with uncertainty on just what to say. "It's me, Cennen. I know you're there."
As you speak you start to blink, trying to adjust your eyes to the darkness. You have to see what's going on.

"I truly am sorry about all of this. I lost my temper and attacked you and then I showed you something that I KNEW would be hard on you. I've wanted to fix things for a while because...because you're really important to me. I know this might be hard to believe but I just want you to be happy again. I promised you that I would help you see the world one day and I'm going to make good on that! Can you ever forgive me?"

Something rustles in the darkness. You're starting to make her out in the shadows, a gigantic python coiled around a set of chairs.

"You've said what you've come to say," Zukhdeep interrupts. "Now leave."

You ignore the homunculus and focus on her head. It's beneath a table. What's she doing down there?

Zukhdeep grabs your arm but he's not very strong.
"Leave! Now!"

"Just hold on..."
Your eyes are nearly fully adjusted.
"I really am sorry Aash."

"This is for your own sake! Just get out now!"

Aashenpreet uncoils just a little and you see her enormous head pull out from underneath the table. It's dragging something. Is that blood? Something thuds against the floor.
Zukhdeep desperately tries to pull you back.

Your eyes adjust.
Aashenpreet is here in her true form. It's the same as it ever was. Almost. Her head and upper neck is stained with something and there are odd bulges up and down her body.

She swivels to face you. The human arm hanging limply from her mouth thuds against the table leg.

"Leave!," Zukhdeep begs you. "I told you not to look!"

Aashenpreet rears up in the darkness, something sliding down her throat. There's no higher intelligence in those eyes. Just a very hungry animal.

1/2
>>
>>47012150
what the fuck aash
>>
>>47012150
>Stay very still.

>Keep trying to talk to her.

>Take Zukhdeep's advice.

>Throw Zigzag at her.

>Use a Potion from your bandoleer (Specify)

>Use Potion (Specify)

>Nobble.

>Other
>>
>>47012150
>eating people whole
I don't understand this even a little bit. Is she stress eating?
>>
>>47012150
I'm spooked. What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>47012169
>Stay very still.
Zukhdeep I know you can get through to her. Your link to her and your powers can snap her out of it. She doesn't want this.
>>
>>47012169
Drink a potence just in case. Ask Zukhdeep what she was thinking before she snapped and work together with him to get her calmed down and in her right mind.
>>
>>47012169
>Stay very still.
>Keep trying to talk to her
>>
>>47012169
>Stay very still.
>Ready zigzag to be used as a blunt object
>"Zukhdeep, what's going on?"
>>
>>47012169
Use the sun potion now so we can see whats going on more easily
>>
>>47012169
>>Keep trying to talk to her.
But just incase
>>Prepare to Nobble.
>>
>>47012316
If we do have to nobble her we should use the defang brew in our bandoleer
>>
>>47012169
>>47012279
Is the sun potion enough to dazzle her? We could use it to GTFO if she dashes at us
>>
>>47012187
It might just be that she gave into her constant craving for humans when she was overwhelmed by emotion
>>
>>47012371
Could be, though I don't remember any other snake turning feral, except maybe Hiss that time she lost her souls, but I don't think that counts.
Maybe it was done with alchemy, surely that dude Oster killed wasn't the only one who had access to the snakecatcher's bits
>>
>>47012432
What would motivate someone to make a snake enraging brew? Completely suicidal.
>>
>>47012465
I doubt that's what's happening to her
But I would assume it is always easier to fight a horde of mindless reptiles than an organized army of the same size.
>>
>>47012432
It definitely seemed like he was keeping the snake ingredients to himself
>>
>Stay very still.

You freeze as Zigzag squirms on your shoulder.
"Hey, what's going on?"

"Just stay still. Very still. Zukhdeep! What's going on?"
Zukhdeep is linked to her. He should understand.

"She was feeling very upset."

"No shit. But...why this? What happened here?"

"You gave her the 'gift' of doubt. Now she is always questioning her faith. She knows right from wrong but she no longer knows why. Ever since you attacked her there's been a persistent thought in her heart. That she's a monster. That righteousness doesn't matter and that she and all her kind are monsters that eat people and let them suffer forever. I always do my best to reassure her but she can't forget what you made her see!"

"That wouldn't make her like this! The Aashenpreet I know is too strong for that!"

"You took that strength from her! You stole it and broke it and now she doesn't know what to do! If eating people is monstrous than maybe everything else she learned is too! Maybe forgiveness and charity and contemplation are all just lies as well. So why not just give it all up? She doesn't have a center anymore and we've been doing our best to hold together but there were people here and they were scared and they attacked her and...and she lost control."

Now you see it. The stain on her neck isn't human blood. It's her own.
"Can you talk to her? Calm her down?"

Zukhdeep shakes his head.
"She's not in her right mind right now. She's found her own enlightenment. Now just back away and leave slowly. She's been sated so she has no reason to attack and her wits will return to her soon. I don't think you should still be here when it happens."

"Oh," Zigzag mumbles. "She's like me now. Only more."

"She might forgive you one day," Zukhdeep says. "But she was never able to forgive herself. Her mind is always filled with judgement and blame that I guess she felt like...throwing it all away. She's free from her burdens now."

1/2
>>
>>47012588
I don't think we've fucked up worse than this, ever
>>
>>47012623
Yeah this is awful. Could've all been avoided if anons weren't spiteful idiots
>>
>>47012623
Nope
We really skewered the pooch on this one.
Its a real shame.
>>
>>47012588
"And you're sure this is temporary?"

"Yes. It's just a fit or a tantrum. It's my fault. I thought all of these houses were empty. If I had known she was going to be attacked..."

"So that's why you stopped me at the doorway."

"When she comes to she won't be able to look at me. I didn't want anyone to see her like this. So again, please leave. If she knows that you were here to see her do this it'll just make everything worse."

>Leave.

>"Leave her while she's hurt?" Slowly step forward. You have to heal her wound.

>"I'm not going anywhere."

>Nobble.

>"You should have warned me earlier, Zukh. Much earlier!"

>Use Potion (Specify)

>Other
>>
>>47012673
>>"Leave her while she's hurt?" Slowly step forward. You have to heal her wound.
>>"I'm not going anywhere."
>Nobble.
>>
>>47012673
Your job was to protect her, sometimes that means protecting her from herself and getting help when it's necessary.
>>
>>47012673
>>
>>47012673
You might be justified in not liking me but you should know that I care about Aash too. Also ask him if he thinks it's safe for us to heal her wound.
>>
I feel like his soul sight would have kept him from mistaking this for an empty house
>>
>>47012673

Once shes healed we really need to get back to Hom and Eva. We don't want a repeat of the last time we left them in a battle.
>>
We should absolutely ask Zukhdeep if he thinks it would be safe for us to heal her before we approach the snek in murdermode
>>
>>47012673
>Leave.
>>
>>47012673
>"I'm not going anywhere."
Don't see much point berating zukhdeep about it
How the fuck do we fix this? We convince her she is only what she chooses to be? Tell her the value of her beliefs is whatever she chooses to allocate to them?
>>
>>47012877
I see it less as berating and more telling him that we would've helped him deal with it if he had let us know earlier
>>
>>47012892
Possibly, but he probably has little faith in whatever help we could be, given what we've accomplished so far
>>

"And she's been feeling this way for a while now?"

"Yes."

"Then you should have told me! You should have told me long before this became a problem!"

"I had no reason to believe you would do anything except make it worse."

You just sigh and step forward,. Zukhdeep grabs hold of you again.
"What are you doing?"

"Do you really expect me to leave her when she's hurt? I'm going to heal her."

"I won't let y-"

Zigzag wriggles down from your shoulder and falls on top of the homunculus. Zukhdeep hits the ground pinned.
"All good chief.," Zigzag says wearily. "Go get 'em."

"Thanks Ziggy."
You take another step forward. As long as you keep walking slowly then Aash shouldn't attack. She's used to humans and she isn't hungry anymore. She has no reason to attack.

"I'm going to make you feel better alright?"
You retrieve the Heal-All as you slowly pace closer.

Behind you, Zukhdeep manages to poke his head out from underneath Zigzag.
"Watch out! I think she still remembers you!"

"Oh? That's good, right?"

"No."

The snake lunges!

>Roll a 1d100 to get out of the way. Best of the first 3 accepted.

And if it fails, don't worry. You still have the Champion's Elixir active. It's just going to make things more difficult.
>>
Rolled 68 (1d100)

>>47012944
>>
Rolled 24 (1d100)

>>47012944
SHIT
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>47012944
I can't say I'm surprised but hopefully something good will come from us sticking around to help
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>47012944
nobbling skills activate!
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>47012944
>>
>>47012953
Not too bad considering our peak human physique
>>
>>47012788
He doesn't have that shit on 24/7. He scanned the street when they first made it in.

>>47012953
Our saviour. Writan'
>>
>68
You step to the side and Aashenpreet smashes her head into the wall behind you instead. The whole house shakes. But that you gives you the opportunity you need!

Now that her body is extending past you, you reach out and take hold of an uninjured part of her neck. It's not difficult considering that she's over twenty feet long and virtually all neck.

You wrap your arms around her tightly and hold on as best you can as she rears once more and starts writhing around the room in an attempt throw you off. Her head bends around several times but she can't bite you while you're on her neck!
What she can do however is thrash around wildly and that's an issue. She's smashing through the walls as if they were made of paper and the whole house is beginning to rumble. She'll bring the roof down on you if you aren't quick.

You take out your Heal-All and lacking safe access to her mouth, start applying it to the wound directly. It's not in a poultice form but it should still be effective.

The snake's thrashings begin to slow and calm as the wound closes up. And before long she stops entirely and slumps back onto the ground. You slide off her and hit the floor with a relieved sigh.
Only for her to jam her gigantic head right in your face.

You press yourself to the ground and do your best not to look like food.

A long forked tongue flickers once, twice, thrice...and Aashenpreet presses her snout against your face for just a moment before coiling up.

You get to your feet slowly and Zukhdeeps pulls himself out from underneath Zigzag.
"She didn't attack you," he breathed.

"Maybe you don't know her quite as well as you think."

"What do you mean?"

You scratch the giant python's head.
"She was always too soft for her own good. Are you feeling better now Aash? I'm sorry for all this."

The snake yawns and goes to sleep. Makes sense, she has a big meal to sleep off. The thought of that makes you cringe a little but you're not going to hold it against her.
1/2
>>
>>47013183
You sit down beside her and the tip of her tail flicks out languorously and sweeps you closer, Aashenpreet coiling around you instinctively as she sleeps.

>Wake her up.

>Just stay with her for now.

>Ask Zigzag to help you out of this.

>Pet snake.

>Use a Potion (Specify)

>Other
>>
>>47013221
>Go back to the Battle field to find Hom and Eva
Zukhdeep should be able to take care of her.
>>
>>47013221
>>Pet snake.
>Zigzag join in.
>Bond with Zukhdeep
>>
>>47013221
>Pet snake.
>Leave Zigzag to take care of Aash and Zukh
>Go get Eva and Hom
>we should get an update on the battle. Have we won yet?
>>
>>47013221
Drink a potence and squirm out of her grip then return to Eva and Hom. Have Zukhdeep make her drink the champion brew when she wakes up and tell him we're proud of how he protects her.
>>
>>47013221
>Pet snake.
and then>>47013240
>>
>>47013221
>Wake her up.
letting her sleep would be nice but I'd rather not just leave them here
>>
>>47013221
>Pet snake.
>Wake her up.
>>
>>47013280
Actually change this to wake her up
>>
>>47013221
>>Just stay with her for now.
i guess we'll just see what happens, im sure there's repercussions either way
>>
>>47013309
Not to mention that this house is now structurally unsound
>>
>Wake her up.

As nice as the idea of just staying by her side is, you have a battle to help win. And this whole building is now structurally unsound anyway.
You pat Ashenpreet on the snout until her eyes slowly open.
"Come on Aash, we've gotta go."

Aash slowly untangles from you, shedding her skin in the process. Zigzag goes to say something but Zukhdeep shushes her. The homunculus is watching avidly.

Aashenpreet reforms in her usual Quedeshi human form and she's human sized. So she's thinking of you at least a little bit.
But the moment you lay eyes on her you can tell something's wrong.

She's eaten too much. She's become, well, she isn't heatstruck particularly. But she's in a weaker state similar to it. You've seen this before.
She looks at you sitting beside her and smiles.
"Cennen! I'm so happy I didn't eat you."

"Are...are you okay, Aash?"

She shakes her head and then nods.
"I'm too sleepy to be upset right now. And besides, I finally found what I needed."

"Pardon?"

She looks troubled for just a moment.
"Was it okay for me to kill those people? They attacked me, could have killed me. I don't like it but I'm so impure already."
She stares down at her hands for a brief while.
"I can't think about that. But all of that...that nonsense just before helped me finally clear my head. And I finally have another perspective!"

What does she mean by that? And then it strikes you. Didn't you just see something similar happen to Zigzag not that long ago? Snakes who ingest human souls can use them to think.

"I...don't like what just happened," Aashenpreet continues, her eyes glazed over. "But now I know what other people think of these things and now I know I'm not alone! Everyone thinks these things! And, while it might not make up for what I did to them, I have these to guide me now."
She holds her hands to her breast.
"I can center myself on me. And all these people, they all had beautiful lives and amazing thoughts and they tell me..."
1/2
>>
>>47013645
"They show me that the world is still the right way up. That I can be who I choose to be and my beliefs still have value because I CHOOSE them. Morality isn't an illusion and even if Aashimid doesn't love me, we can all still do the right thing."
She looks back up at you with tears in her eyes.
"Cennen, why didn't you tell me that you humans were so beautiful? I thought I knew what love was but inside me now is a mother's love for her a child, the child's love for her parents...the last desperate love shared when all else is lost and death is but moments away. And now all of that is in me."

"I'm sorry Aash. You should have never had to do this."
You're not sure what to make of all this. You've never seen a snake so effected by eating humans before. But then again, most snakes aren't Aashenpreet.

"I know you were just doing what you thought were right. And what you made me see was true. Now that I look at the situation with the eyes of others, I get it!"

"So you're ready to forgive me?"

"I forgave you days ago, Cennen. But maybe now I can forgive me."

You hug her and try not to notice how she flinches away from you at first.

"Really though," Aashenpreet murmurs in your ear. "After all this food-bliss wears off I'm going to start crying and screaming and I'm not going to stop for a while so you might want to get clear."

>Aashenpreet gets to choose a Snake Art!
>Choose one from http://pastebin.com/YXy4DzuP that she is eligible for and isn't something like Snake Eater Hiss-only.
>>
>>47013771
>SIDEWINDER
>>
>>47013771
Rend
>>
>>47013771
AMPHIBIOUS: This Art allows a snake to survive underwater just as easily as they do above it. They can breathe and move freely underwater no matter what form they have taken. Venish sailors plying the northernmost trade routes near Quedesh sometimes come back with stories of mermaids, outlandish human women with fish tails who use siren song to lure men into the waters. These are actually outlying colonies of aquatic constrictors who possess this Art and use Advanced Shed Skin to replace their lower bodies with snake tails for stronger locomotion. A snake tail doesn't look much like a fish tail close up but you can forgive the mistakes from sailors who have been trapped in a serpent's Mesmerizing Rattle.
>>
>>47013771
>>47013870
Fuck that, SCALES, aash needs protection
>>
>>47013771
Could she learn soul gullet? If not I'm cool with sidewinder
>>
>>47013906
Only Hiss has access to soul arts
>>
>>47013895
We can just teach Zukhdeep to maker her champion brews
>>
>>47013936
hm, you're right, so I guess I'll go for

>>47013771
Shroud
>>
I count two votes for Sidewinder so
>Sidewinder
it is.

Unfortunately I'm actually feeling a little tired so I'll try and continue this tomorrow. Just one little question first.
Should we stick to tg?
>Stay on /tg/.
>Next thread on /qst/
>>
>>47014069
>Stay on /tg/.
Wait for it to be official, No point jumping archives back and forth for now.
>>
>>47014069
>Next thread on /qst/
It's only a matter of time before we're forced out so we might as well
>>
>>47014069
>Next thread on /qst/
Test the waters
>>
>>47014069
>Next thread on /qst/
>>
Archive link should be something like this if we switch to /qst/ for any future readers
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Snakecatcher%20Quest
>>
Interlude 63

Hiss frowned as she stepped onto the docks, her royal court of snakes following just a few steps behind her. Thanks to Cennen's little rampage during the censoring most of them are in female bodies, lending further and further credence to the tales of her being a witch. A witch and a leader of witches.
That was fine. Fear was not as good as respect but it was a pleasant replacement.

What was not fine was the sight that awaited her.

The human defenders of Taldenral had laid down their arms and presented the flag of truce. A little man calling himself 'Lord Ensborough' was leading them.
"As much as it pains me to say this," he spoke, "I must beg your favour in light of a common enemy."

Hiss' scowl deepened as she gazed upon the harbour.
The sea was choked with black ships.

"Where the fuck is Cennen when you need him?"
>>
>>47014069
>tg
Better for archive continuity and qst is buggy as fuck.
>>
>>47014069
Thanks for running man

I know you want to try out dat text editing so let's have the next one in /qst/, see how it goes.
My only concern is what will happen to the archive if /qst/ doesn't take off, will there be a way to move the threads back to the /tg/ archive if that happens?
>>
>>47014254
Nope
>>
>>47014254
I think the /qst/ archive will live on regardless
>>
>>47014069
>Stay on /tg/.
>>
>>47014195
>Strongest living entity in the world
>Instantly says where's my fucking alchemist when a problem arises.

I am both flattered and amused.
>>
Alright so the answer seems to come down in favour of /qst/. We're going to try running the next thread there to test the waters then. And you're right, I do want to try out basic text formatting.

Sorry for the lacklustre thread today, I was just getting back into the swing of things after our little hiatus there. The thread has been archived and you can expect the next thread tomorrow!
...Maybe.

A NOTE TO ARCHIVE BINGERS: If you're reading this in the future, it might be that this is the last thread in the Snakecatcher tg archives. The Quest didn't end!
You should be able to find new threads here: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Snakecatcher

If /qst/ doesn't pan out we'll come back if /tg/'ll still have us. But I want all of you to sincerely give the /qst/ thread a try even if you hate the board. Suck it up, etc etc.
Until then I hope you've all had a good time playing.
>>
>>47014448
>you can expect the next thread tomorrow!
I want to believe
>>
>>47014448
Thanks for running! As long as it's not another two week break I won't be too bothered by it. Thread tomorrow would be great though.
>>
File: Hiss.jpg (55 KB, 720x513) Image search: [Google]
Hiss.jpg
55 KB, 720x513
>>47014473
This time it'll be different anon. You just gotta have faith.
Maybe.
>>
>>47014535
Hiss wouldn't be pc about her language. So on a scale of 1-10 how badly did we handle Aash. Did Hiss ask for us because she thought we'd actually be useful(somehow) or just because she wants someone to vent too?
>>
File: HissPlaysSoccer.webm (556 KB, 534x360) Image search: [Google]
HissPlaysSoccer.webm
556 KB, 534x360
>>47014586
Aash is about to freak the fuck out when she comes down. And Hiss asked for you because she loves you you doofus and feels more comfortable with Cennen at her side.

Also because it gives her someone she can bitch at.
>>
>>47014661
>Also because it gives her someone she can bitch at.

Knew it.

So how badly fucked is the Alchemist's college?
>>
>>47014688
I assume they're very well equipped to deal with alchemical explosions and fires in the building
>>
>>47014688
If you're referring to the damage Oster did, I'll refer you to >>47014717 for the answer.
If you mean how fucked are they once Hiss gets their hands on them? Very.
>>
>>47014735
I feel like she could be convinced to keep them once she recognizes their importance to the strength of Teleran as a country. It would be a hard sell though.
>>
>>47014735
>>47014768
Hiss if you don't want the Quedeshi rickrolling your army, you need the alchemists on your side.
>>
>>47014768
You guys convinced her to keep them around many threads ago. I meant more that she is going to have absolute zero tolerance for them once she's in charge.
>>
>>47014069
>Stay on /tg/.
Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.