[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A survey conducted by From Software on the Prepare to Die Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: Crossbreed.jpg (381 KB, 1280x1674) Image search: [Google]
Crossbreed.jpg
381 KB, 1280x1674
A survey conducted by From Software on the Prepare to Die Edition of Dark Souls revealed that over 80% of the female players that made it into the Painted World of Ariamis decided to kill Priscilla.
Similarly, over 60% of the ones that discovered the Fair Lady's secret location attacked her.
Gwynevere being attacked by about half of them.

I found this very very interesting. Have you ever seen something similar to this during your tabletop career?
>>
>>47009751
So the tanner/less anime you are, the less likely you are to be attacked by female murderhobos?
>>
>>47009751
>over 80% of the female players that made it into the Painted World of Ariamis decided to kill Priscilla
I imagine it's because
>this land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind
Which incites rage as the player just obtained wheel skeleton PTSD.

It may be a lesbian thing too. I know I didn't attack her for over 160+ hours of game time. Then I was trying to achievement complete and could not figure out one of the hiddens till I looked it up. Never killed her.
>>
They're not blinded by waifu stuff
>>
>>47009751
Because you want her fucking SOULS. Why would anyone keep her alive? Hell, it's an honestly fun fight regardless, especially if you're going for the tail.

Attacking the Fair Lady, though, kinda dumb since it's you can buy stuff from her servant and her covenant reward is the only to save Solaire.

Can't let you find that sun, buddy......can't go through that again....
>>
>>47009751
>Gwynevere
I did it out of boob-envy and because I thought she would drop something cool, I'm not sorry
>>
>>47010008
It is a peaceful land with kind inhabitants, you are the asshole that broke in trying to kill their queen
>>
>>47009751
No, because this land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind.
>>
>>47012721
>Painted World of Ariamis
>Peaceful land
>Kind inhabitants

Okay, seriosuly, WHICH ONES? No, seriously, WHICH ONES? The fucking Wheel Skeletons that grind your face to pulp for being in the same room? That fucking zombie dragon who spews pure, poisonous liquid evil? That phalanx of half-melted slime monsters? The turbocancer patients trying to set you on fire? The crow demons that divebomb you from the sky?

Which of these aggressive, terrible, nasty fucks is a peaceful inhabitant? Priscilla was a goddamn retard.
>>
>>47013062
They were defending their home, defending Priscilla, from you
>>
>>47012721
>trusting anyone in any souls game besides Siegward of Catarina
>>
>>47011302
This, more or less. The way we feel about characters is a big factor. I'm not a waifufag but I feel like shit when I hurt innocents, so I've never ganked Priscilla or Gwyndolin, or killed a firekeeper for her soul, or killed Ciaran for her armor, or refused to give her the soul of Artorias for that matter. That's a lot of content I'm denying myself on account of feeling sorry for bits of code. Someone who is not bothered by this will merrily kill all these characters. Some people casually murder all the NPCs for loot when moving onto NG+.
>>
Well it's safe to say you're pulling that information out of your ass in any case

Though that reminds me that I did kill her entirely for the tail
>>
Yeah, I'm more curious about what they did when they found Gwyndolin.
>>
Women are sociopaths.
>>
>>47013114
They'll attack even if you're wearing dirty robes and are unarmed...
>>
>>47013179
>Some people casually murder all the NPCs for loot when moving onto NG+.
Guilty.
>>
>>47013476
Priscilla must remain pure, anon. If she's corrupted she's worthless as a waifu and the entire realms stock will plummet.
>>
>>47013179
I'm kind of shocked that there's people who wouldn't casually murder everyone before moving to NG+ at least once.
>>
Probably because they weren't attracted to videogame waifus.
>>
>>47013380
He's not a girl though.
>>
>>47009751
I never killed her because she was peaceful and honestly didn't want to fight. I like that attitude. By Fair Lady secret location, do you mean the sexiest character in the game and when you kill him Anor Londo goes dark?
I killed the latter, I can't remember why though. Probably in a fit of madness. Must say, I do regret it.
>>
>>47013823
Yes, and?
>>
>>47013865
the half spider fire keeper that gives you the chaos servant covenant
>>
>>47013865
You missed out, man. Her scythe is swag as hell.
>>
>>47009751
>Girls
>Playing dark souls
>>
File: images-1.jpg (9 KB, 193x261) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
9 KB, 193x261
Why can''t we just meet Havel the Rock or one of his warriors as friendly NPC. I have a bigger crush on him then any illusion or half-breed.
>>
>>47014156
He was too good for this Dark and sinful world.
>>
>>47013982
The one that Kirk fights for and you need the witches ring to chat with? I mean why not just give her Humanity, you should have a bunch of the stuff. Besides, you literally just killed her sister so why would you try kill her too? I mean, she's not even hostile.
>>
>>47014156
Man, that would be cool. Imagine if they beefed up the tower and put chains and prisony stuff all over it and gave it a huge chained up reinforced door, and Havel is just waiting at the bottom, and he has a nice conversation with you and maybe teaches you a gesture or something.
>>
File: tmp_8613-sunny d-1626805280.png (489 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8613-sunny d-1626805280.png
489 KB, 800x1000
>>47014240
Because she drops a firekeeper soul. Gotta get dat Sunny D.
>>
>>47014240
The communication barrier is a big issue for a lot of players, I'd think. The average person doesn't resolve 'can't talk with' and 'is clearly (at least partially) inhuman' with 'harmless npc'.
>>
They're not distracted by cute girls or pairs of tits.
>>
>>47014224
The way I see us that Havel was the only one who stood up to Seath and his diabolical experiments. He kidnapped maidens and turned them into Pisacas and its implied that Priscilla is the rape baby between Seath and Gwynewere. As much as I like Gwyn he just seems like a cuck who let Seath do what he wanted and he punished Havel for trying to stop it. Hopefully one day we will meet him and be enlightened.
>>
>>47014156
>>47014430
uh, you do meet havel.

He's hollowed. You fight him in DS1.
>>
>>47014552
I think that's just one of his soldiers. You meet another NPC just like him in Dark Souls 3 which means that it has to be one of his soldiers and not him. I also think a person who fought alongside Gwyn and commanded his armies would be more powerful.
>>
>>47014552
And Dark Souls 3
>>
>>47014624
Text from the watch tower basement key "Key to the basement of the watchtower in the Undead Burg. The basement of the watchtower forms a stone cell. There are rumors of a hero turned Hollow who was locked away by a dear friend. For his own good, of course." It's implied that was Havel and he was locked down there by Gwyn.
>>
>>47014741
True. The item description for the key and weapons would suggest that it was Havel himself in the tower basement. However that's thrown off course when you consider that a warrior Identical to him and who is also hollowed is found in Dark souls 3. You also find Havel armor in Anor Londo. I think that a lot of stuff regarding Havel is overlooked by From Software.
>>
If you don't kill Gwyndolin, you're even more of a cuck than he is.
>>
>>47015013
He's a waifu
>>
>>47014935
I think the set in Anor Londo is literally a spare set. It's in a little storage area.
Or Havel's soldiers wore knockoff armor and that's what that is.
>>
>>47014624
Dragon Teeth don't grow on trees. I'd imagine most of his followers, even if they could craft stone armor and shields like their leader's, can't exactly mass-produce his weapon.
>>
>>47015013
I just like the idea of the Blades of the Darkmoon.
>>
>>47013823
Yet he has boobs
>>
>>47013534
Skeletons were so great in DS. The fuckers are always totally jazzed about wrecking your shit. The bastards are so happy to have someone to stab they'll somersault into the fray. They'll fucking shatter themselves attempting corkscrew leaps to stab you. They'll ride giant wheels to pound your ass into the ground. It takes the tools of gods to keep them down 'cause they want to ruin you just that bad. Out of all the hollows you encounter they seem to be the only ones that truly take pride and joy in their work.

catacombs a fucking comfy
>>
>>47015103
Exactly my thoughts.
Though I am still not convinced that the Tower Havel is the real one, as you find GMB on a corpse in the Great Hollow. GMB is a miracle of Havel's creation and his creation alone.
The DaS3 Havel really intrigues me though.
>The only way to get to the Archdragon peaks is to follow the path of the dragon
>Havel stands over the body of a dead dragon
>The dead dragon lies near the end of the path, which countless dragon-worshippers and an actual drake guard fervently.
>Havel wields the dragon tooth, of which there is only one/very few
Why did Havel potentially kill only one dragon, leaving all the others alone?
How did he get up there without flight?
Perhaps he hitched a ride with Ornstein when he left to search for the Nameless King.
>>
>>47015236
While Havel did undeniably create GMB, we have no evidence as to his hoarding it to himself. After all, his followers were presumably rather anti-sorcery as well. Could have been one of them on the way to investigate the rumors of an Everlasting Dragon, maybe so he could get a tooth of his own.
>>
>>47015177
Yes, and?
>>
>>47015089
What's interesting is that he also has an Occult Club in with his spare gear, which is generally a bad upgrade... unless you're attacking unhollowed humans, giants, or gods. Why would Havel need a weapon that is effective against his own allies?
>>
Lautrec is my favorite character.
>>
>>47015802
Because Havel is always prepared.
>>
>>47015842
Why did he kill the fire keeper?
>>
>>47015802
There's a theory I've heard that says it was placed there by Seath to frame Havel for conspiring against the gods, so Gwyn would dispose of him, which is why he's locked up when you find him
>>
>>47009751
I kill Priscilla for her two unique weapons. On my NG+ "canon" run, I never kill her.

Priscilla is pretty cool mate, I wouldnt ruin such a great waifu.
>>
>>47015871
This. One of his items or spell's description said that he was always ready for everything.
The armor in Andor Londo is a spare set in case he needed a new one. The club is there in case he needs to club Gwyn or one of Gwyn's kids.
>>
>>47015939
There are a lot of theories. Probably the biggest and most sensible one is that he was using it to gather humanity and draw would-be vengeful undead after him. Another is that he was planning to offer it up to his goddess. Or that he was just keeping it as a trophy. I think the craziest theory I ever heard is that he was in a relationship with the Lady of the Darkling, and he was perhaps going to use that soul to free her from being a firekeeper.
>>
>>47015236
Maybe Havel admired the strength of dragons too?

Awfully strange a knight would wear stone like armor like the scales of the Everlasting Dragons.
>>
Why was Lautrec found dead past Ornstein and Smough, when you kill him in the chamber before O&S?
>>
>>47015939
His waifu told him to
>>
>>47016116
Personally I consider that the firekeeper asked him, somehow, to kill her. Once you give the firekeeper her soul back, she's not happy of being "alive" again.
>>
File: tumblr_nnppnlSbWb1roa7fno2_1280.png (799 KB, 1200x1049) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnppnlSbWb1roa7fno2_1280.png
799 KB, 1200x1049
>>47016200
A weird time shift, maybe?
>>
>>47016200
Because phantoms surpass space and time, and when the fires start to go out, reality starts to split. When you leave firelink, you're entering your own little world that could be before, after, or slightly to the left of the next guy's own little world. All the hollows respawn in-setting and always go back to the same positions and routine because they don't know any better. It's entirely possible that you killed Lautrec before he did the thing that caused you to go after him and then his corpse was moved by someone else years later and then you found it sometime after that.
>>
>>47013179
Gwyndolin gets et anyway. Might as well kill em now.
>>
>>47013760
Moral feelings for code, man. The game doesn't help this with the autosaving and the sense of permanency of all your choices.
>>
>>47013454
>Oh no! A video game npc got killed!
>>
>>47013062
I suspect most things will be friendly to you when you are a 15' tall dragonlady.
>>
>>47009751
I don't understand how this is conspicuous though. This is just the female players right? Well..... what about the males? Did the male players just not kill those npcs in droves or something?
>>
>>47016782
Waifus
>>
>>47011525
Alternatively you can just not talk to Solaire where you first meet him after Tauros Demon, progress through the game to Izalith, kill the red-eyed chaos bug, and then go back and talk to him to begin his questline. Talk to him in the places he would normally be in the order he would appear in them, and he'll survive Izalith because the bug is already dead.
>>
>>47011798
She drops the Lordvessel which to be quite honest is a pretty cool item
>>
>>47016858
Or breath toxic/poison gas through the blocked passageway wall until you hit the bug enough times to kill it.
>>
>>47009751

(citation required)
>>
>>47014430
Occult Club in his secret Anot Londo stash is why we even think he was locked up for attempted treason, and if he was only going to try and murder Seath he wouldn't need Occult weapons. He was definitely planning on attacking Gwyn or at least some other God(s) for siding with magic-using Seath as well as turning a blind eye to his madness and sick experiments. Which to be fair, Gwyn's pretty guilty for sanctioning that shit.
>>
>>47014552
He said "as a friendly NPC"
>>
>>47016236
She's not happy that the revival also restored her tongue. She seems to feel she deserved the punishment of having it cut out, or at least that it was a just decision. Simply being alive isn't what she has a problem with.
On that note though, how would one ask another to kill them when they cannot speak?
>>
>>47016252
Time is convoluted etc etc
>>
>>47016972
Yeah weird, if only humans had like appendages with which to emote and point at stuff.
>>
Three NPCs that I've never killed.

1.Andre

2.The Giant Blacksmith

3. Ingward
>>
>>47017002
>not sniping ingward with a greatbow so you can join the dickwraiths and steal humanity for the fair lady
shit taste desu
>>
>>47016256
Regarding Lautrec, I was always interested in his little Gank Squad, why on earth is a New Londo Sealer among them?
There were three Sealers, one guards the entrance to the Abyss, one joined Lautrec at some point, and one left to try and curse the plague in Blighttown.
The question is, why? What purpose do they have outside of cleansing the city? What would force one of them to not only leave his duties, but to join up with a guilty knight and make the pilgrimage to Anor Londo?
>>
>>47017035
Nothing to say it wasn't some guy who killed a sealer and stole his shit, plus there's the whole multiple worlds thing that Souls has going on.
>>
>>47017035
To find some answers to why the fuck Gwyn let the Four Kings run shit? Or to go and see if some of Gwyn's people where still around, so he could kick them in the nuts.
>>
>>47016987
How do you emote "literally kill me" and why does she only do it to Lautrec, not the Chosen Undead or any of the other countless people who have come through Firelink?
Lautrec is canonically a humanity-hungry sociopath, you're steering a bit too far into fanfiction territory here.
>>
>>47017029
>not just joining Darkwraiths without killing him
Murderhobo detected. Is getting the uncravked red eye orb at sl1 really that important?
>>
>>47017035
Who knows. Maybe lautrec asked nicely. he IS famous enough to have several statues of him around and all.
>>
>>47017095
Where?
>>
>>47017072
Awfully suspicious that Lautrec's buddy uses sorceries, including the curing one found in the chest with the Crimson set.
>>47017075
she probably bowed.
>>
>>47009751

I killed her too. Because she's a fictional character, and she drops interesting items that I can use in my attempt to win/complete the video game I'm playing.

All she is a bunch of art assets, some AI code, animations, and canned lines. There's nothing deeper or more interesting going on, no matter her appearance or the written lore.

Ultimately, it's not a bad thing if you identify with a character or feel that it's wrong to harm a fictional character who isn't hostile to you the player, but if you (general you here) get UPSET that other people don't feel the same way, you have a problem.

I was going to be way more hostile, and bitch about waifus and how pathetic it is that some people are shamelessly falling for an illusion not unlike that of Gwynevere/Gwyndolin, but I'm not exactly innocent of having feelings for NPCs in games I like, so I felt it would be hypocritical.
>>
>>47017075
Firekeeper asking Lautrec to kill her is just fan theorizing and far-fetched at that.
You didn't ask about that, you asked how does one convey a message without speech.
She could grab his attention by making noise, then point at him, beckon closer, point at a weapon, point at her throat/heart/whatever vitals, point at lautrec, mimic a thrusting motion of a dagger to her vitals and so on and so on.
Silent communication isn't that hard. Human body can be very expressive.
>>
>>47009751
That's depressing, but at least you can hope that people who are evil assholes in game will not also be evil assholes in real life, right?

Then again, it does go to show how moral inhibitions are easily suppressed.
>it's only a game
>boss told me it's okay
>nobody needs to know
>>
>>47017075
Not sure about any of that but i'd assume loudly banging on something to get attention followed by pointing vigorously at themselves then more specifically their neck/heart followed by a slicing or stabbing motion then hanming up a death scene. Maybe pretend to choke yourself. Perhaps grab their sword. Theres a lot and its only limited by imagination. Maybe they have a written language and she literally spelled it out for him.
>>47017106
Theres several statues all over in all 3 games and apparently one in BB that are all crumbled and broken but if you actually take them and put them together they show a heavily weathered and cracked statue that had a big passing image of him. Theres others for a lot of characters as well so this may merely be something the devs put in as a winkwinknudgenudge. Theres pictures out there but i gotta be getting ready for work.
>>
>>47017126
>someone somewhere is using this exact logic to defend unplugging Earth Simulation v1.2.0.09
>>
I don't think there's any big secret or meaning behind it

Find NPC, they don't give you a quest or an item

Kill NPC

I don't see any threads about how 95% of people dunked the crestfallen knight for the early soul boost
>>
>>47017156
Odd thing is, isn't that how morals work? Besides the being hammered into us to make it near innate that is.
>i can't kill this person(jail, i was told its bad, basically didn't get permission to)
>i can't rape this person(jail, i was told its bad, basically no given permission)
>i can't beat this asshat up(first verse...)
>etc.

Without social peer review and peer pressure being shared equally among us would we have the set of morals we have now?
>>
>>47017156

I just want to point out that, 1.) No one in the game is real, and is no more or less moral than imagining harming anyone you particularly dislike in real life.

And 2.) the real assholes are the cheaters who get off on invading people and possibly corrupting their saves with hacked weapons.
>>
>>47017174

>Baiting this hard
>>
>>47017189
I never actually thought about that. Hell i never actually stopped to think "i bet if i kill this guy he drops goodies." Unless i specifically heard they drop something. Have i been doing DS wrong all these years?!
>>
>>47017174

Let them. It was shit anyway.
>>
>>47017174
Please Mr ayliums umplug this shit right now.
>>
>>47017205
>being so baited off that you assume anything anywhere is bait.
Seriously?
>>
>>47017156
>woman
>not being evil

did you not learn any mythology in school?
>>
>>47017241
Nah. Separation of church and state and all that. But damn did i learn how to cook, sew, dance, and use an astrolabe.
>>
>>47017252

well you see pandora, being your typical cunt, let all the evils out into the world and that's why everything sucks
>>
>>47017272
I thought that was communism.
>>
>>47017288

she's responsible for communism
>>
>>47017204
>imagining harming anyone you particularly dislike in real life.
But that's immoral and wrong as well.
>>
>>47017312

Only if you believe that the thought equals the deed, and I don't. Thoughts and fantasies may harm the self, but they harm no one else unless acted upon.
>>
>>47017301
Well, shit.
>>
>>47015013
Killing Gwyndolin prevents you from accessing the best miracle in the game.
>>
>>47017322
Self harm is viewed negatively as well anon. Maybe you should see someone. Your skewed moral compass is dipping dangerously into mental disorder territory.
>>
>>47017338
I don't think this particular case of self-harm is widely viewed negatively, even if it does show that people tend to casually indulge some evil. But nobody would claim otherwise, would they?
>>
File: A Cookie.jpg (240 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
A Cookie.jpg
240 KB, 1000x1000
>>47017338

You make me laugh. Have a cookie.
>>
>>47017094
> Murderhobo detected.
This is dark souls. EVERYONE is a murderhobo.
>>
>>47017360
>>47017362
>its okay to harm myself
>its okay to imagine others in pain
>its okay to imagine myself putting others in pain
Sorry to tell you this but these are major thoughts in sufferers or schizotypical and depressive disorders. Yes its a skewed morality and no theres no justifying it.
All joking aside its thinking these thing are okay is not okay and i would seriously recommend you talk to someone about this.
>>
>>47017364
Priscilla's not a murder hobo.
>>
>>47017156
>it's only a game
>>47017312
>>47017458
So what you're saying is basically that being able to tell reality and fantasy apart is a sign of mental disorder.
>>
>>47017458

>Imagining putting others in pain
>Every video game ever
>Every tabletop game ever

So, imagination is thought crime, got it.
>>
>>47009751
m8 how am I supposed to get lifehunt scythe or gwyndolin's boss fight if I don't shoot the pretty girl?
>>
>>47017546
Yep, just as thoughts of sinful acts makes you a sinner. Hell's waiting.

Indulgences start at $399. Bulk discounts available.
>>
>>47017581

With inflation, it really should be closer to $666.
>>
>>47017542
>>47017546
It shows a significant inhibition of empathy when you can't form empathic links with things humanoid in nature. Again this dips into schizotypical and disassociative disorders but the admittance of self harm being okay throws depression in as a viable option. Honestly if you don't believe me talk to a psychologist about this they back me up on it.
>>
>>47017546
Are you telling me that fantasizing about violent dismembering of innocent people feels perfectly alright and not in the least worrying to you?
>>
>>47017630

I really just think you're talking out your ass at this point, and you shouldn't bother. But, whatever floats your boat.

>>47017633

I think that if you've never thought about hurting anyone because you were angry, or scared, or upset in some way means that you're a saint, and I applaud you.

I however, am mortal, and occasionally think thoughts unworthy of me.

In the final accounting, I don't act on them. But they make great entertainment, and happily order my Astartes into battle, slay monsters with my claymore and Iron Tarkus armor, and regularly enjoy blowing up Tholian ships.

I hardly feel that makes me a monster.
>>
>>47017581
>>47017605
>morality is a thing
Mus be wun a dem dur religish nut jawbs! Shucks howdy!
>>
>>47017659
There are different scenarios you can fatasize about.

You can fantasize about charging alongside space marines into a chaos stronghold, or repelling tholian incursion from bridge of your starship.
You can also fantasize about torturing helpless prisoners of war, about deploying WMD's to wipe out civilian populace, or literally killing babies.
Would you say that none of those ideas feel wrong to you?

The way in which you excuse your violent fantasies by being angry, scared or upset suggest that even you feel a bit guilty about it.
>>
>>47017707

So, you're saying that writers who write about villains who rape, commit genocide, and perform other acts of evil are deranged maniacs with skewed morality and should be what? Locked up for their moral degeneracy and lack of proper mental balance because they can imagine such a thing, consider what someone must feel to commit such acts, and then put pen to paper?

I think you might simply be resorting to assumptions, and assuming the worst at that. Tell me again what I'm thinking, and how it's bad.
>>
Is it wrong to fantasize about glassing some fucker because he decided to order Guinness last out of a thirteen drink round?
>>
>>47017630
>when you can't form empathic links with things humanoid in nature

"Can't form" and "won't form" or "forms, but ignores because it isn't real" are very different things.

>Honestly if you don't believe me talk to a psychologist about this they back me up on it.

And this is one of the reason why, if you have mental health issues, you see a psychiatrist, not a psychologist.

>>47017633
It isn't.

Your inability to understand how others can separate fact from fiction on the other hand, that might be cause for some concern.
>>
>>47017659

He's got an agenda of normalcy. Don't take it personally. Your skewed morals by his standards are quite naturally seen as a threat.

>>47017707

This is gonna be edgy, but I think you should stop worrying about bringing people lower on the food chain, and worry about getting yourself higher on it. The mental fortitude that comes from a detachable and reattachable moral code really helps a lot with entertaining radical notions. The mild sociopaths like him are the potential revolutionaries of tomorrow.
>>
>>47017768

I don't think I have a "detachable/reattachable" moral code. I try my best not to harm real people. Fictional people are fair game.
>>
>>47017720
You're still dodging the question. Does fantasizing about atrocities feel "right" to you?

No, I never said that people should be punished, locked up or dealt whatever punishment you imagined would be fitting for you. That's your fantasy.

And it's not about ability to imagine such things, but about valuation of them. Do you think think writers that describe villains and their heinous act must also fantasize about committing them themselves? That they derive pleasure from them?
Maybe some of them do. Maybe this notion carries through their writing to the reader, and then the reader may get the feeling of having entered author's magical realm.
>>
>>47017707
>thinking these thoughts is makes you a bad person!
>trying to guilt trip people over normal human behaviour that harms absolutely no-one is fine
>>
>>47017768
Well it's well established by now that successful sociopaths end up in management and politics.

After all, million dead people is just a statistic, right?
>>
>>47013636
And this is why they propped the corpses of you waifufags at the bridge to serve as a warning.
>>
>>47017750
What's wrong with this that you'd do so?
>>
>>47017782

I think the fact that he's arguing with you about the state of your morality however does mean you either lack or have attained (depending of course on the outlook) a different moral standard compared to most.

I personally think it means you're fairly intelligent, but what kind of compliment is that coming from just another of a thousand plus anonymous users.

You're welcome consumption of raw ideas that feel bad to most people gives you a strength far too few know. Plugged into the Team America metaphor on the nature of man you are a well meaning dick, and I am a kindred spirit. Although I also think I'm a dick with more hubris.
>>
>>47017785

I'll pose you a question instead:

If I decide to build a Death Star in Star Wars: Rebellion, and I use it on every Rebel held world, am I a monster? Morally degenerate? A sociopath?

What if I enjoy it?

I could use a different example, say Master of Orion 2. If I use a stellar converter to destroy every world colonized by the Alkari, and I enjoy it, am I mentally unbalanced?
>>
>>47017796

What if you could make $1 trillion dollars by making some guy lose his wallet for a day. The man's life in question isn't ruined, but he is stressed out hardcore and super scared for that whole day.

Could you make that dude feel bad for a day for $1 trillion dollars.

There are shades to this that your hardline moral code cannot accept, and that is the reason I can't accept your hardline moral code.
>>
>>47017839
>What if I enjoy it?
>a monster? Morally degenerate? A sociopath?
Not quite in such strong words, but I would be concerned.
>>
>>47009751
i think its less to do with some kind of competition between women or whatever and more with that girls just dont seem to think much when they game

what are the statistics on them killing oscar?

if you watch a girl stream or do a lets play, they dont really think about a decision like this, they just do the first thing that comes to their mind

in a game that is 90% fighting stuff, the outcome shouldnt be surprising
>>
>>47013140
You think yourself smarter than an onion?
>>
>>47017841
Is it so hardline to say that deny one man his wallet for a day is wrong?
Or is it hardline to say that it's so wrong it's inadmissible under any circumstances?

I think a lot of triggered responses ITT stem from interpreting "this is not okay" as if it meant "this is pure evil that everyone who even thinks of it should be summarily executed for having committed a thoughtcrime"
>>
>>47017753
>A psychologist is a professional who evaluates and studies behavior and mental processes.
They can tell what mental issues you have and help you with them.
>>
>>47017841
the problem is that youre not being honest with yourself

you think you're a genuinely good person
very few of us are
yes, it is wrong to cause someone distress for your own personal gain
you can rationalise all you want but that's what it comes down to

dont worry, you're not a bad guy for being selfish though, you're just a guy
>>
>>47017924

But our, or at least my philosophy outright, allows me to reject wrongness as a concept at will if I desire. I'm kind to my friends, but I know for a fact I don't have to be, and am more the capable of not being good by all the standards I've encountered on the matter.

Am I evil by your standards? Perhaps. But you are misguided by my own.

>>47017959

I've said nothing of the sort. I find myself to be a sort of milquetoast evil on my bad days, neutral on my good ones.
>>
>>47018004

I myself know that I'm neither good nor evil. I can be petty and awful at my worst, and have done some decent things in my time. Most days, I'm just here.
>>
>>47018004
>Am I evil by your standards? Perhaps. But you are misguided by my own.
Fair enough.
>>
>>47018037

This was a fascinating conversation, and I'm okay with this conclusion. I'm definitely gonna start coming here more often.

>>47018036

That's the spirit.
>>
>>47015802
Because it's a frame-up by Seath. The club is in a mimic.
>>
>>47009751
There is a reward for attacking and killing both Priscilla (her tail, her soul) and the Fair Lady (extra Fire Keeper Soul). Killing Gwynevere also lets you access Dark Londo, which has less enemies.
So NOT killing all three at least right before NG+ is pointless. Indeed Priscilla MUST be killed for the All Weapons achievement.
>>
>>47017126
Fucking exactly.

This is why I restarted my mercy run on Undertale to do a genocide. It's just code, they tell a story and that's great, but you shouldn't let it get in the way of *you*.
>>
>>47009751
I notice it is "over 80% of players killed her" rather than "over 80% of playthroughs killed her". As in, if a player decided to just attack her once to see what would happen, it would be listed as one of those 80%.

Even if they only did it on a lark after playing through multiple times.

Even if they did it once and never again.

It seems more like the female players were more interested in various aspects of the game, while almost half the male players apparently didn't care enough to test it out.
>>
>>47017785
>Does fantasizing about atrocities feel "right"
It certainly doesn't feel wrong to make a story about cruelty and indulge in it. The one committing atrocities is a fictional character. Their actions have no consequences in the real world, and they're only immoral within the context of their own universe. I like reading fucked up shit. It's enjoyable. And yet, seeing suffering in real life still gets to me, and I don't feel a drive to do cruel things myself. Sane people are able to distinguish between fiction and reality, not just intellectually, but also on an intuitive, emotional level.
>>
File: 1461171194327.jpg (62 KB, 685x474) Image search: [Google]
1461171194327.jpg
62 KB, 685x474
>>47009751
fucking straight girls, every fucking time.
>>
>>47017789
welcome to humanity.
>>
File: SPOOKY EPIDEMIC.png (444 KB, 637x355) Image search: [Google]
SPOOKY EPIDEMIC.png
444 KB, 637x355
>>47017156
>>47017204
>>47017312
>>47017322
>>47017338
>>47017360
>>47017458
>>
>>47017126
>>47018312
They are just lines of code but the whole point why theyre there is to evoke emotion so that you can get invested in it, especially in RPGs or psuedo RPGs.

Saying ,'theyre just lines of code so I shouldnt give a shit' would be like reading a book or watching a movie and actively deciding not to connect to the characters because theyre just lines of text or pieces of celluloid. The difference in vidya being you can kill them if you want.

That attitude is straight up murderhobo and has no real place outside of CoD. You are correct in what you say but your approach is wrong. The characters on screen are there to be connected with, sympathized, liked, or outright hated to invest you in the story in much the same way a movie or book would.

If you just cant get past that theyre just lines of code then Im sorry for you.
>>
>>47019015
I understand that, anon. My point is, that if there is more content that you want to play, and all that's stopping you is the written feelings of a few lines of code, then you should kill them.

Otherwise, do what your heart tells you to, as it were.
>>
>>47017156
>'If you were really a good person you wouldn't even be able to THINK evil
Moral urges are just social mechanisms. If you're 'unable' to think something, you're just a slave. Freedom means the ability to do evil, being a good person means -chosing- good out of your own desire, not because you're unable to do otherwise. That means that in a fictional setting you should have no reason, and therefore no problem with breaking those self-imposed rules.
If anyone is sick in the head it's people who are physically unable to imagine something they consider immoral, and judge others for being able to break that boundary.
>>
>ITT /tg/-Sociopath General
Jesus fuck. No seriously what the hell. There can't be this many of you this in the dark about how absolutely fucked in the head you are.
Theres even idiots talking like their fucking third reich ubermensch and another idiot telling people how much "power" it gives them and how much better they are for it.
You're like a couple of schizo's patting each other on the back for wearing the tinfoil hat and talking about your hallucinations just because they're the one guy who shares your opinion while simultaneously ignoring or openly dismissing hundreds of others opinions telling you you both need to seek psychiatric help.
Can you even fucking look back at what you posted and not see how self delusional and sad it is?
You're literally the poster child for this months school shooter just because the world just doesn't "get" you or accepts your "better" methodology even though its labeled in every medicinal book for the past 150 years as a severe mental illness.
The fact you idiots continue to exist and insist on doing what you do despite every single signpost, billboard, person, dog, and blade of grass telling you your fucked up and need help is beyond me but no you're just gonna clamo your hands over your ears and shout as loud as you can until you can get to your happy place and circle jerk with your bud.
>>
>>47019029
>you should kill things that are simple by your point of view because your better than them
Just like hitler and the jews.
But wait frantz! Those are people!
No they're not look at this casualty report! Just s bunch of numbers! See how easy it is now hanz?
>>
>>47019065
>you're weak cause you have morals!
>see how strong i am because i threw those away?
>stupid sheeple hahaha.
>>
File: tbh mayo.png (168 KB, 403x430) Image search: [Google]
tbh mayo.png
168 KB, 403x430
>game where you are a cursed fucking undead and everything is trying to fucking kill you and everything is fucking shit and awful and souls are a fucking currency
>OH NO WHY WOULD YOU KILL MY WAIFU YOU FUCKING SOCIOPATH
>>47019122
You're apparently retarded and can't read, illiterate fucking monkey.
>>
>>47019109
The problem with the reasoning you used as an example is in the determination of whether the dudes you're killing are people. If they were not people, no one would give a shit. If the Jews were literally ants, Hitler would be a pest controller.

Code is not people. They "run out", they stop being. You are unable to use them, or otherwise derive enjoyment (for want of a better word) from them. So you can just have done with them, with nothing lost.
>>
>>47016864
Well she also just gives it to you.
>>
>>47019180
>they're an inexhaustable resource so its okay i can just keep on burning it
>refused to touch on the fact that its still a sociopathic tendency to not form empathic bonde with humanoid creatures even though the average stable human being will do so readily even with feigned emotional constructs
>refused to even acknowledge that having the ability "turn off" or "ignore" empathy is a key trait of serial killers, mass murderers, domestic abusers, rapists, and sociopathic people in general
>nah its all good guys from my skewed and warped point of view I'M the good guy!
>>
>>47016924
Or as someone else said, Seath knew he was coming after him and framed him with an occult weapon.
>>
>>47019091
>its labeled in every medicinal book for the past 150 years as a severe mental illness.
It's not a mental illness, it's a disorder. Disorders are diagnosed pretty much completely arbitrarily, depending on whether your behaviour is abnormal enough to cause you problems socially. Sociopathy/psychopathy itself is a useless Hollywood term that hasn't been used in medical science for ages, there are different terms for a variety of nuanced disorders nowadays.

But traditional "sociopathic" behaviours are quite useful and beneficial in a number of ways, and many companies look specifically for people with those qualities to hire, because they're less likely to get suckered in by sob stories and waste resources out of sympathy.

tl;dr: Not the guy you're talking to, but I do what I want.
>>
>>47009751
Well d'uh, if you're going into the Painted World it's pretty much assumed you're there to farm souls and get loot, right?
>>
>>47019220
Nothing wrong with using resources. In fact, there's everything right with it.

Whether something is sociopathic or not is irrelevant, and also doesn't make something bad. Sorry, anon, but if I was to get really autistic, I'd say you were trying to make this stuff guilty by association with psychopathy.

I refer you back to my point here >>47018907, by the way.
>>
>>47019220
>refused to even acknowledge that having the ability "turn off" or "ignore" empathy is a key trait of serial killers, mass murderers, domestic abusers, rapists, and sociopathic people in general

Not that guy, but just because you can use that for malevolent means doesn't mean you will. It's something a lot of people (like myself) who have spent a lifetime having a hard time saying 'no' even when they're clearly being manipulated or should really be thinking about themselves had to learn in order to put their foot down and think about #1 when it's important to do so.

Otherwise we'd either give in or walk around feeling guilty all day.
>>
>>47019220
>Your opinion is wrong! I'm the ultimate arbiter of good and evil!
>>
>>47019246
>resources exist for ME!
>>
>>47019091
>third reich ubermensch
Nietzsche is rotating in his grave right now

>>47019122
>strawman: the post
The kind of morality that's worthless is not eating meat because you're part of a community that doesn't eat meat and you've been told all your life that eating meat is bad without ever being explained why. You might believe from the bottom of your heart that it's bad, or you might not feel too strongly about it, but you'd still do what everyone else does, because you don't want to be 'weird'. That kind of morality is a form of societal self-control. It keeps people who don't have any ideals of their own from doing werid shit, so it does serve a purpose, but it's not something to be proud of. If you want to claim that you have morals and beliefs that are your own, you're going to need to find reasons of your own. And those reasons, more often than not, do not apply to fiction.

People getting triggered by Nabokov or BEE seem like a pretty good example of being so indoctrinated into thinking that 'x is wrong', that they can't even bear to read about it in a fictional text.
>>
File: My Property.png (473 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
My Property.png
473 KB, 600x800
>>47019277
*Now* we're getting somewhere.
>>
>>47015871
Except for staircases.
>>
>>47019288
Or doors.

I've only ever killed him by stabbing through doors.
>>
>>47015202
so why are skeletons in the painted world, does Nito have a hand in that shit at all?
>>
>>47019237
>because they're less likely to get suckered in by sob stories and waste resources out of sympathy.

This kind of reasoning is why people say corporations are evil.
Fuck everything, we have a bottom line to meet.

>but it's beneficial to not let silly fee-fees get in the way of muh pragmatism
>>
>>47009751
I imagine they do it because it's a videogame, waifus don't real, and they don't believe some cheeky cunt who tries to play nice after their skeleton minions tried to trample you to death and having to get the glitchy dragon corpse out of their way. Besides, all you said is people decided to kill her, not that they killed her straight away. Some of those might be pre-NG+ murder sweeps.

Also I killed the Fair Lady. Without Kirk or her sister, she and the worm bro were doomed, killing them my way was faster than disease, starvation and hollowing.
>>
>>47019309
>every post is a false equivalence backed up by appeals to fee-fees
You're not very good at arguing, are you?

You know why corporations are bad? Exploitation. That's it, anon.
>>
>>47017126
>I have autism:the post
>>
>>47019303
I think they're some of the lads who were tortured to death for stomping in trying to off Priscilla. They left them there and now they haunt the dungeon.
>>
>>47019284
Hitler took and perverted the idea of ubermensch just like he did with everything he came across as it suited his needs. Whats better than telling someone they're the best simply because they can't feel then giving them the power to do horrendous things?
They won't lose sleep over it because someone above them, their "boss", said its okay and right.
>>
>>47019345
>You know why corporations are bad? Exploitation. That's it, anon.
By people who know better than to get suckered by sob stories.
>>
>>47019346
>implying avoiding waifus is the real autism
>>
>>47019303
Geneva convention banned Wheel Skellies because they're utter bullshit. They were on the process of disarming them and dumping them into the painting when the undead curse swept the nation
>>
>>47019362
By systems. Plenty of the people on top, or near it at least, are exploited themselves. And plenty of them truly believe in the sob stories, too -- look at all the liberal megacorps, look at all the liberal middle-class people, look at even Bill Gates, who, while a ruthless businessman, wastes money on philanthropy.

But the system itself encourages you to exploit, so you exploit. Even when getting rid of the system is in your better interests.
>>
>>47019351
>because someone above them, their "boss", said its okay and right.
And because they believed these who they committed atrocities against were not really people.
>>
>>47019298
Scrub
>>
>>47019391
That's only true for the hardcore nazi ideologs. For the most part, people just pretended they didn't see anything.
>>
>>47019396
First time was 'cause I was playing with keyboard and mouse at 15 fps, and was also a scrub.

Second time was because I went through the darkroot garden to get the BK Halberd, and then decided to go to the lower UB. I got really lucky, too -- I had a +5 Lucerne against the Bell Gargoyles, and used a +3 BK Sword against the Capra Demon.
>>
>>47019386
>But the system itself encourages you to exploit, so you exploit.
And >>47019237 gave example of such encouragement
>many companies look specifically for people with those qualities to hire, because they're less likely to get suckered in by sob stories and waste resources out of sympathy

Sympathy is obviously double edged, since it's possible to inspire false sympathy, or even genuinely feel much worse about a situation that it warrants. Even so it is a mechanism that could inhibit abuse and in this example the corporation is purposefully overriding it.
>>
>>47019391
Exactly. Like those fucking psycho's posting above. "Its okay! They're not real! I'm not a bad person cause they don't deserve my respect! Waaah!"
They feel good about themselves cause they're patting each others backs.
>>
>>47019428
I was talking about how everyone says you need to work for someone, then perhaps become a boss yourself, and so on. The job market, the media, "how things are done", spooks, all convincing you that you need to be exploited *and* exploit all while believing in sob stories.

I need a citation on the
>corporations deliberately hire psychopaths
thing, by the way.

The person truly concerned with themselves would do away with corporations, by the way. Unless they were high up themselves, in which case they wouldn't (arguably. Alienation &c. might be a reason to do away with them anyway, although I disagree).
>>
>>47019457
It's okay because I get more use from them being depicted as dead, than I do from them being depicted as alive.

Explain why you think this is wrong. As a challenge, let's see if you can do this without resorting to calling it psychopathic and nothing else.
>>
>>47019029
Wanting to play the content and not feeling bad for doing it are two separate things. Using Undertale as an example cause it was given above and Ive never played DSI played the Genocide run in that game because I wanted to get to that final boss. I murdered everything senselessly but I felt bad about it, even knowing theyre just lines of code. And that was the point of the Genocide run. It wasnt to murder everything (it kinda is but not the main point), it was to show what that kind of attitude, which is a main point of a lot of games, should actually look like and how monstrous it is.

So yes, I have done the 'evil' things in games in order to experience other things in games. But that doesnt mean you cant or shouldnt feel from it. Admittedly in some games its hard to feel bad because of a huge density of nameless npcs or unimportant named ones but you get my point.
>>
>>47019428
>my arm can be broken in a fight better rip that off my fucking body
Seriously do you ever actually stop and think about yourself as a person and how fucking lacking you are?
>everything can be put down to pro's and con's, 1's and 0's
>EVERYTHING
>does it contain a 0?
>THROW IT OUT NOW!!!!!
>i don't care if it also has a 1!!!!
>scorched earth! Scorched earth!
>ONLY 1's!!!!
>>
>>47019506
Play the Soul Nomad Demon Path if you want to watch a dick be a dick for the whole game while being forced to pull the trigger every time.
>>
>>47019486
Because its morally twisted and show mental imbalance. You also go on to to act as if its better and view others that don't conform to your ideologies as weak. Its sick and twisted and you can't even see it, despite everyone telling you otherwise.
>>
>go on /tg/
>see a Dark Souls thread
>click it hoping for some lore discussion, baseless but fun speculation, and a bit of waifuing
>it's just some faggot arguing that enjoying violence in fiction makes you the next Hitler

can we just go back to the Dark Souls stuff? Most importantly, how Quelaana is the best waifu and that voice alone should win awards?
>>
>>47019570
Lady Darkling is best dark souls waifu and you know it.
>>
>>47019506
Let me also use Undertale, because it was the example I used and it does demonstrate the point better.

1. You must see every character *as* a character. You must see them as part of a story, as part of a game.

2. Once you are done with the mercy route, once you have exhausted every single line of dialogue and every single reaction from every single character, they are -- functionally -- "dead", or function*less*. They are already done with. Their story is over. Their role is over. Because you are seeing them as what they are, characters, you know that there is no reason to care for them any longer, as they cannot do anything for you. You, a thinking, feeling person who is -- more to the point, yourself -- can get more from them by going genocide. Now, your incentive will differ; I wanted to do it to experience the characters even more I got really hooked in, others like yourself wanted to fight the end boss.
>>47019554
>without resorting to calling it psychopathic
>show mental imbalance
Whoops! Guess you can't.
>morally twisted
Nigga morals are spooks.

I think it's better because I think it's correct. I don't think people are weak for disagreeing with me, and I don't know why you would, unless you're confusing me for someone else. And, anon, how can there simultaneously be many of "us", and yet everyone tell me that it's wrong? (By the way, an appeal to popularity doesn't cut it, either)
>>
File: 1447975797769.jpg (47 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1447975797769.jpg
47 KB, 500x375
>>47019554
>morally twisted
>mental imbalance
>sick and twisted
>everyone telling you

Unless you can give us some definitions for your terms, that's just an argument from public opinion m8.
>>
>>47019570
Nah a discussion on moral abiguity not duct taped to DnD is a breath of fresh air compared to rererererererererererehashing darksouls ambiguous lore.
>>
>>47019554
Dude, when your argument hinges on a basic inability to tell reality from fantasy, you really shouldn't go around calling others nuts.
>>
>>47019591
>if i ever figure someone out i might as well kill them because they won't entertain me ever again
>therefore i should detach all emotion now as its inevitable i'll have to end them
>look at how cool, detached and edgey i am guise!
>>
>>47019591
On that topic, for undertale, I chose not to do genocide, because I felt that the mercy end was a great conclusion to the story, and I didn't want to change that outcome within the fictional world as it exists in my own mind. On the other hand, In American Psycho I enjoyed the emptiness and the violent self-destruction, and if I'd been given a choice I would have made the story end just the way it did.
What kind of decisions you make for your characters within a fictional work should depend on what kind of story would want to experience, and there should be no limit to how far that can go. That's the meaning of fantasy. Its limits are the limits of our imagination, and nothing else.
>>
>>47019639
>if i ever figure someone out
Literally impossible. The rest of your argument manages to be wrong on its own account, so I'll go into it.
>as its inevitable i'll have to end them
Amazing leap of logic. Someone no longer being useful to you does not result in you being forced to kill them. This is just within to context of these games, in which there is a bigger advantage to killing them, than not.
>>47019691
The story exists in your head whether you end it as is, or not. Sure, that's a "valid reason" to not go genocide, but you can just keep it in your head as you want it to be, then go genocide.
>>
>>47019639
But video game characters aren't people.
>>
>>47019703
>you can just keep it in your head as you want it to be, then go genocide.
No, because it changes the feeling of the story. Within a fictional world the choices you make for your characters do carry moral implications, and how they behave changes the reading of the story. Of course it doesn't make you moral or immoral, but it does change your experience, the feeling you take away from it. I don't think you're taking your role as a reader seriously enough.
>>
>>47019703
>but you can just keep it in your head as you want it to be
The issue there is that you still know that you did something which "tainted" the story, and genocide route might not provide a benefit to you in that case.
>>
>>47019591
Your second point is almost exactly what Flowey says as you approach Asgores room. You know, Flowey. The mentally unstable flower that has taken to simply killing things out of boredom because hes already gone through every timeline and knows what people will do when and how and also has no soul.

Honestly, just because you know what a character is going to say or do doesnt mean that they are functionally dead. You can still enjoy them as characters, or people if were having characters be a term for worn out things to kill. If thats your philosophy on things then a lot of people in the world would be eligible for execution because most people are very predictable within a small margin for error.

But despite this most of us still get enjoyment from being around old friends who weve known our whole life, despite being able to predict them. The same applies to the lines of code in a video game. No matter how many times I play through Halo I will still enjoy and like Sergeant Johnson and the Gravemind, same with Dom in Gears of War and his big scene in 3, or Sams quips in Serious Sam the Second Encounter.

Just because you know what someone is going to say, do, or even when theyre going to die and how doesnt mean you cant enjoy it. I say this as someone who is constantly craving new experience even. Sometimes that sort of knowing is good as can be seen by people who do the same things over and over and over every day.

In the end, I guess my point is that most things are better when you actually connect/invest in them, regardless of if you know what theyre going to do or not. I used to have the same attitude as you, particularly towards horror games, and it just took so much out of them.
>>
>Downloaded a pre-Sans genocide save for the boss fight, close the game after surviving to the end
>Later find out from a friend Flowey calls people out for doing shit like that
>Don't give a fuck because Flowey was a cunt anyway
>>
>>47019760
I can agree with your main point but there is a huge difference between lines of code having fixed responses to situations, and actual people with agency and free will, and I seriously doubt anyone subscribes to the ideology "this person is boring, fuckin execute em".
>>
>>47019770
The Genocide run is really something that should be played from start to finish. Theres a lot of dialog in there thats pretty good and some interesting messages that get sent. Its also much shorter than doing a pacifist run even.
>>
>>47019760
>Your second point is almost exactly what Flowey says as you approach Asgores room.
I know. This doesn't make it wrong, it makes it a common justification. Flowey was meant to be a character who would generally call out whatever reason people might use to go genocide. Flowey using it himself doesn't constitute an argument, it essentially being the same as whatever anon's constant resorting to calling everything psychopathic.

Comparing a video game character to a person is like comparing an atom to the universe. Actually, it's more like comparing the idea of an atom to the universe. In other words, there is no point at which a person would stop being useful to you unless they themselves changed in a way you didn't like (and so could no longer get enjoyment from). And, you don't have to destroy something just because it's useless.

You replay or reread or rewatch things because you forget them. Or because you miss things the first few times. Or because you enjoy the memories that come with it, or because you're with friends.
>>
>>47019788
There is, and the boredom execution is admittedly a bit of hyperbole meant to drive the point home. But the fact remains that in life most things are utterly predictable, even people. I dont think anyone here would disagree that most days just melt into a blur and the people you meet everyday usually just end up amounting to nameless NPCs that you forget in a day or two.

>>47019828
>its a common justification
Its also meant to point out just how horrible of a justification that is. Like a lot of other things in Undertale that talk with Flowey is there to challenge peoples preconceived notions of games, how they work, and how people play them. The idea of 'slaughter everything to get better loot/more xp/whatever' is a huge thing the game challenges by trying to illustrate through character reaction and conversations such as that one just how monstrous a thing like that is.

Obviously as people the decisions we make inside an executable file are (usually) neither moral or amoral, and certain games exist for the sole purpose of doing evil things. But having the blanket ideology that you shouldnt care for the characters and should kill them without remorse in order to get items or xp is not a healthy one to have. And I dont mean mentally unhealthy, I mean in the sense of what you could get out from a game otherwise.

Either way, I think we have started to repeat ourselves and its unlikely one side will sway the other and I need to get back to work so enjoy yourself anon.
>>
>>47019978
>Its also meant to point out just how horrible of a justification that is. Like a lot of other things in Undertale that talk with Flowey is there to challenge peoples preconceived notions of games, how they work, and how people play them. The idea of 'slaughter everything to get better loot/more xp/whatever' is a huge thing the game challenges by trying to illustrate through character reaction and conversations such as that one just how monstrous a thing like that is.
And it fails, as I said. It's just "but don't you see how psychopathic it is?" while also being in a game, which changes the whole context. As I said, a Hitler exterminating ants is just pest control, not war crimes.

You should care for the characters *as* characters. That's my point.
>>
>>47013179
>Gwyndolin being innocent

He's most likely in on the same plan as Frampt, creating more undedible kindling for the great barbeque.
>>
File: Government_Drop_Bear_Warning.jpg (133 KB, 834x668) Image search: [Google]
Government_Drop_Bear_Warning.jpg
133 KB, 834x668
>>47019978
>Its also meant to point out just how horrible of a justification that is. Like a lot of other things in Undertale that talk with Flowey is there to challenge peoples preconceived notions of games, how they work, and how people play them. The idea of 'slaughter everything to get better loot/more xp/whatever' is a huge thing the game challenges by trying to illustrate through character reaction and conversations such as that one just how monstrous a thing like that is.

It's pretty funny that they voice that complaint towards the player when it's the programmers who make the decision to have animals and humanoids assault your avatar every five to ten steps. Oftentimes that is combined with leveling being required to progress and with either a total absence of non-violent ways to gain XP or with those clearly being an insufficient source to successfully beat the game eventually.

Also take this bait shit to /v/, /pol/, Reddit or infinitechan.
>>
>>47020186
>wants to keep the world turning and people living
Totally evil yo.
>>
>>47019303
IIRC, Nito was originally the boss of that area during early stages of the game's development. Maybe the devs just decided to keep the skeletons around.
>>
>>47013140
>Who is Black Iron Tarkus

Also the pyromancer seemed to be a bro as well.
>>
>>47009751
>80% of the female players that made it into the Painted World of Ariamis decided to kill Priscilla.
All four of them should feel terrible.
>>
>>47011798
But Anon cowtits are nothing to be envious of.
>>
>>47020292
>implying I ever visit pol, v, or leddit
Outside of the random fight part none of that applies to Undertale.

To a lot of other games out there? Yes. Ill admit that theres been times where instead of using persuasion or whathaveyou Ive gone for a kill (especially in DA) because of xp and even loot.

It is a common practice in games, both by the designers making it hard or even impossible to do it any other way and by what having that be the absolute best or only option has conditioned gamers to do. But because its such common practice thats why they challenge that misconception in Undertale.

Does that mean youre going to be abe to talk your way out of a firefight in CoD? Fuck no. But when given the option (and the opposing side isnt some obviously super evil shit) then it should be considered.

In the end, most of it boils down to personal opinion and bias either way.
>>
File: Lautrec.png (504 KB, 546x941) Image search: [Google]
Lautrec.png
504 KB, 546x941
>>47016252
>>
>>47017035
Why does Lautrec not look like anybody else from Carim? Why is Velka the Goddess of Sin, but Gwyndolin's Darkmoon Blades hunt down sinners?
>>
>>47020418
It is for women. Its how men view dick size but in terms women can play by since they can't visually represent how tight their vag's are and showing how big or deep their vag is is just weird. Its also the number one thing men look for in women followed in a close second to ass followed by an even closer third in weight. Believe it or not looks came in below skin color(whites are preferable blacks are not) at fifth.
>>
>>47020648
Darkmoon Blades don't hunt sinners per se, they hunt offenders against Anor Londo, they don't care about sins and crimes commited elsewhere.
>>
>tfw Darkmoon Covenant doesn't work properly so you'll never hunt down sinners who slay your favorite characters
>>
>>47019140
That is the thing about Dark Souls. There is no prophecy, almost everyone you ever meet is undead and half of them have given up on any goals whatsoever, and several who actually try to achieve their goals die. Everything sucks, almost everyone is a dick.

Sometimes I have friends ask, 'Why do you like Lautrec? He's a dick!' And I'm never good at putting it into words, but in a world filled with dicks, one more being a dick doesn't mean that I dislike him for it. At least he was gracious enough to be kind to me a little, and help me out sometimes. Solaire does the same thing, and everyone loves him.
>>
>>47019391
Not exactly. Some of them probably did, but others recognized that they were obviously still people. But they were convinced to keep doing horrible things because they thought it was for the greater good.

It's like that one study where they pretend to shock a guy over a microphone and see how long they can force someone else to keep 'shocking' him, even after he goes quiet. Sure, variations on that study showed that there were points where people would stop - when someone told them there was no other choice was one of the biggest reasons - but it still shows that people can be convinced to do horrible things for the sake of something greater.
>>
>>47020300
No but lying, by omission at least, to people about it is evil.
>>
>>47020668
Well in theory you should be able to invade anyone who's sinned or been indicted with the Blue Eye Orb. But apparently it doesn't work properly, so they can only do the secondary thing with any reasonable certainty - hunting down anyone who's darkened Anor Londo.

It's honestly sad, because they were obviously supposed to be a check on people who were dicks in multiplayer, but now there's no real reason to worry about racking up a huge sin count.
>>
>>47014339
More like they find them threatening.
>>
>>47020879
White lies are not inherently evil if they have an ultimately good goal to achieve.
>>
>>47013062
Perhaps the painted world isn't a real place and what you encounter there is based on your own imagination/expectations. It was meant to be a cosy nursery-prison for for Priscilla, who got shoved in there as a child and got raised by friendly fairies and bird spirits, but when the Chosen Undead broke in it became a ruin filled with hostile monsters because that's all he ever expects and by this point the only thing he can understand.
>>
File: 1441073113183.jpg (101 KB, 645x716) Image search: [Google]
1441073113183.jpg
101 KB, 645x716
>>
>>47021231
>tfw no redhead tittymonster NEET gf
>>
File: 1435765147958.jpg (46 KB, 528x398) Image search: [Google]
1435765147958.jpg
46 KB, 528x398
Does anyone have a link to this study? I need it to BTFO Priscillafags
>>
File: 1441074132136.jpg (135 KB, 645x716) Image search: [Google]
1441074132136.jpg
135 KB, 645x716
>>47021444
If only she was real. Even if only in-game.
>>
>>47021527
Keep posting her
>>
File: 1444272206158.png (159 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1444272206158.png
159 KB, 1000x1000
>>47021581
I don't have any more, anon, I'm sorry. I never built a proper Dark Souls folder.
>>
>>47018098
Is Seath associated with Mimics?
>>
>There are people browsing this board and reading this thread that experience immediate distress when it's pointed out to them that the way they are having fun may be wrong
Rather than for reaffirming your belief and lashing out at what's uncomfortable to hear, we should take this opportunity for introspection.
>>
>>47021706
Lashing out first, cause more doubt, cause more introspection.

We wouldn't want people to be introspective for just a moment and then go 'yeah nah it was just one weirdo what do I care?' More opinions, more viewpoints, is better than just one.
>>
>>47021742
Good point.

Also fuck the "click things until they go away" captcha.
>>
File: Knight_Lautrec_of_Carim.png (140 KB, 280x500) Image search: [Google]
Knight_Lautrec_of_Carim.png
140 KB, 280x500
>>47021764
Yeah, those are the worst. You realize you started clicking the wrong things, but you have to click eight more before it'll let you start over.
>>
>>47018120
That argument for Gwynevere is flawed, since you would have already passed through the entirety of Anor Londo to get to her already, and the areas with worthwhile loot still have enemies in dark Londo. All it does is turn the Firekeeper hostile and make you always respawn at the first bonfire no matter where you die in the city. The only benefit is accessing Gwyndolin without the Seance Ring, or for a slight time save in speedruns.
>>
File: 1456782781536.jpg (35 KB, 453x576) Image search: [Google]
1456782781536.jpg
35 KB, 453x576
>>47021706
>the way they are having fun may be wrong
>Rather than for reaffirming your belief and lashing out at what's uncomfortable to hear
Anon, you're essentially complaining that people argue back after you sperg out and tell them their playing the game wrong. Stop being so autistic.

>we should take this opportunity for introspection.
The only person here who needs introspection is you.
>>
>>47017750

Yes, as Guinness is dogshit and no one should drink it.
>>
>>47021862
Hysterically creating strawmen and invoking hitler is not "arguing back", though.
It struck a nerve, didn't it?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.