[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any games similar to this one where the players play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Nobilis-cover.jpg (16 KB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
Nobilis-cover.jpg
16 KB, 288x288
Are there any games similar to this one where the players play as gods or aspects of the universe (lust, pain, greed, etc)?

Preferably rules-lite, if such a thing exists.
>>
File: First Light.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
First Light.pdf
1 B, 486x500
I saved this one forever ago.

Never played it.
>>
Has anyone even actually played Nobilis?
>>
>>47001364
I've played the edition in OP's pic.
>>
>>47001444
Storytime, however short.
>>
>>47001296
I want to play this, and I get the urge every time I read Sandman or the related franchises.
>>
>>47001347
Seems interesting, although incomplete.

I guess Everyone is John could fall under this category of RPGs, don't have a pdf though.
>>
I always wanna play this, but being the only person in my group with an interest means I'd have to GM, and I have ZERO idea how to GM nobilis.
>>
>>47001364
I have twice.

In theory, Nobilis can be played all straight and politics-style. In practice, the players usually just end up making it the ultimate lulz-tastic experience one can ever have. What did you expect when players choose to be the nobles of "Cats," "Oak Trees," "Explosions," and "Bishe Boys"?
>>
>>47001479
It's been a long time.

Here's my character sheet though

http://thebuildershands.wikidot.com/tenacity
>>
>>47001547
That's a very interesting domain to be a Nobilis of. I like it.
>>
>>47001578
Thanks. I think looking at it like a Vertigo comic like >>47001499 said is the way to go.
>>
>>47001499
>>47001530
Same. It's one of the few games I'd want to play rather than GM, so I've never played it.
>>47001541
>the players usually just end up making it the ultimate lulz-tastic experience one can ever have.
That's an insult, right?
>>
>>47001578
And if it wasn't clear, his spirit flower is the dandelion.
>>
I remember reading the pdf during my bustrips to work a few years back, and that shit was intense. It's a cool style of writing but there's not a lot of concrete information on stuff, which was somewhat difficult to follow at times. Just made me feel like "just fucking tell it to me straight for once instead of writing a poem"

And this is also one of two games I am feeling very daunted to attempt in GMing. I just don't know where to start.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.