[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Your character is female in (Insert game here that includes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 500x599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 500x599
>Your character is female in (Insert game here that includes multiple races)
>After becoming captured by a bunch of (insert race here) the GM passes you a note saying the captors raped your character off-screen
>Failed a con check and pregnancy is probable
>Party comes in and rescues your character
>You have the option to carry the baby to term or terminate the pregnancy.
>What do you do?
>Would your decision be affected by the race of the father?
>>
File: 1349781751176.gif (445 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1349781751176.gif
445 KB, 250x188
>>47001151
>What do you do?
Have a discussion with the GM that this is kind of not cool
>>
>>47001151
>Would your decision be affected by the race of the father?

Not really?

I'd drink a bunch of Night Tea, spend the next week nursing myself back to health after the abortion, and then go back to doing whatever I was doing.
>>
Drop the game and never talk to DM again.
>>
>>47001151
I'd give the GM a lecture about how forcing politics on his players is bad, bad, bad. I'd cite The Sword of Truth as an example of how author politics ruins entertainment.

If he still sees nothing wrong, I'll give him a wedgie.
>>
File: 1412376882277.jpg (3 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1412376882277.jpg
3 KB, 200x200
>>47001151
Quit the game and never play a female character again.
>>
>>47001249
Because he had bandits or whatever act like bandits in a off-screen fashion away from the other players? You're way too sensitive for tabletop gaming. Go back to your X-card roulette where you challenge each other to how many times you can get offended in a single sentence.
Same goes for >>47001288
>>47001309
>>
>>47001151
>Failed a con check
Does this mean that people with low con score are more fertile?
>>
>>47001151
Who am I playing as?

If I'm just playing Statblock Rolldice the Charsheet golem who picked "female" since it gave a +1 to 51% and a -1 to 49%, then I abort it.
Fuck giving the GM another negative status condition he can inflict me with to railroad me out of combat encounters or another NPC he can bullshit about instead of giving me things to fight.
Race of father irrelevant. GM will introduce some bullshit pregnancy penalties or bullshit pregnancy RP that, while not technically a penalty, outright prevents me from reducing some enemy numbers to 0 by delaying or averting my encounters with them.

If I'm playing as someone else, their decision would be different.

>>47001207
Bah. Too many people nowadays are anti-rape.
>>
>>47001329
>You're way too sensitive for tabletop gaming. Go back to your X-card roulette where you challenge each other to how many times you can get offended in a single sentence.
You are too nothing to tell me what to do.
>>
>>47001374
He means you got exhausted while trying to fight off your kidnappers.
>>
>>47001151
Depends entirely on the game in question, but most of the time? Most likely carry the child to term. Unless it was always going to be a evil creature of somesort, like LotR orks or pathfinder gnolls, the child doesnt deserve to suffer from its fathers choice. After that, it depends on the character. Some might leave it at a orphange or a take it along with. I know that my last character would probably try to keep a distant but stable relationship with the child via the mail. She was a elven marshall of a city guard, the last one not captured by the undead. Because she had been hurt before, and her days of being a warrior partially ended, having a child wouldnt stop her from doing too much. But shed definetly try to get the child far away from this hopless situation.
>>
Bunch of pussies. Let's change it. Your MALE character that you have played for a long time is captured by some freaky aliens like monsters raped and left with eggs inside that while painful to pass are non harmful in the long run. What's more, other than having no nipples they are 99 precent match for your race. Their offspring if they have any are 100 precent. Now that the vag card is off the table, same question.
>>
File: dean_wet.jpg (22 KB, 348x286) Image search: [Google]
dean_wet.jpg
22 KB, 348x286
>>47001151
Tell the DM to fuck off. I signed up for high-flying adventure, not babby's first political message.

If I'm still willing to stick with the group through this kind of bullshit, I retire the character. Adventuring while preggers would be completely boneheaded and I'm not taking the DM's bait.
>>
>>47001416
What political inserting is there?
>>
>>47001151
Depends on whether I like playing by this character. If yes, then terminate the pregnancy; if not, retire her with child and roll a new one.
>>
>>47001407
>the child doesnt deserve to suffer from its fathers choice
It's a bundle of cells, nothing resembling a child yet.
>>
>>47001387
Bit of a shame your waistline isn't "too nothing" Kappa.

>>47001407
Well my last character played was a warlord whose goal was to eat lots of food, fuck lots of bitches, win lots of fights, and get lots of money.
I have no idea if the DM is keeping track, but it's reached the point where every time there's a female that I can either charm or overpower and who is likely to survive for the next year I just say "the usual". This is also what happens if there is food that I want that I can buy or take by force, or if there's a fight I can start that I'm likely to win.
>So you aren't the party face then
Actually for some strange reason I AM the fucking party face. Might be the Charisma stat, might just be because my interactions with NPCs are so incredibly blunt that they can't really do anything unexpected.
>>
>>47001329
>Because he had bandits or whatever act like bandits in a off-screen fashion away from the other players?

No. Let me show you why.

>Your character is an adventurer in (Insert game here that includes magic)
>After becoming captured by a bunch of (insert race here) the GM passes you a note saying the captors petrified your character off-screen
>Failed a con check and your stone body is shattered.
>Party comes in and rescues your character's pieces.
>You have the option to get the party to rebuild you or retire your character.
>What do you do?
>Would your decision be affected by the number of pieces recovered?
>>
>>47001411
Same reply from
>>47001375
Statsheet Rolldice here.

Unless the eggs give me some kind of mechanical bonus that outweighs their downsides.
>>
>>47001151

>off-screen

>note

Rape aside, this is some leave-the-game-now level of bullshit.
>>
>>47001498
>You have the option to get the party to rebuild you or retire your character.
It's the party choice, not yours.
>>
>>47001498
Not really. In one instance your character is dead, the other your character is alive and a casting of iron-heart surge or remove baby will fix it. Ironically being pregnant is like the opposite of getting killed.
>>
>>47001375
>Too many people nowadays are anti-rape.
I think I know what you're getting at but holy shit phrasing.
For those who are going to be uncharitable in their interpretations: I'm pretty sure this anon is trying to say that too many people nowadays can't handle rape in fiction.
Personally, I'd ask the GM what the fuck, but would play out the arc naturally in character. Probably a lot of shame, avoiding talking about being captured and finding a way to abort without the party finding out, even if it's "get a strongman to punch me in the stomach in an alleyway".
>>
>>47001529
In both cases, the GM is abusing his power. That's why he has to be replaced.
>>
>>47001515
>>off-screen
>>note
How else you you handle it?
>Okay now let me describe for the minutes how a bunch of half-elf bandits rape anon's character
>Now roll a few checks to resist against 6 grapplers.
>Every failed grapple is a new penetration which gives disadvantage to your grapple checks and does 1d4 sundial damage.
>Then let's roll a few con checks every few minutes to see if you're pregnant
is this better?
>>
File: Hellfire.png (348 KB, 793x430) Image search: [Google]
Hellfire.png
348 KB, 793x430
>>47001151
>GM passes you a note saying the captors raped your character off-screen
Well, then, I suppose a Henderson is in order.
>>
>>47001515
Eh, it's just rape.

Leave-the-game-now levels of bullshit is if there's some "I inserted my IRL politcs" npc and the DM railroads the player into supporting them or passive agressively punishes the player who disagrees with them.
Like you found a Gay Prince in a cave and you had to ensure his Gay Revolution for Gay Marriage would happen or rocks fall
Or you find an entity with a penis and a beard who insists that it is female and that anyone who believes otherwise is literally inflicting damage on it, and no you cannot solve the problem with a girdle smartybum because they then become a person with breasts and pussy who insists they are male.

Also if you like playing a numbercrunching optimising minmaxing Game game rather than a fluffy narrative-based roleplaying Story game, but you've encountered nothing but Story for the past 3 sessions. Or vice-versa.

Or am I meant to be like /pol/ or SJWs and get [TRIGGERED] if there's subject material that I am uncomfortable with and which upsets me, and demand that it either be removed or I walk?
I'm an adult. I can cope with upsetting subject material without either demanding it be banned or I ragequit.
>>
>>47001567
>GM abusing his power
>The bandit swings his shortsword at the bard and *openly rolls* crits for 14 damage and incapacitates the bars
>WAHHH WAHHH GM POWER ABUSE WAAHHH WAAAHHH
>>
>>47001207
Fpbp as usual
>>
>>47001471
I'm fairly conservative so if this kind of shit is getting pulled on my character you can bet it's the DM trying to make a point.

It wouldn't be the first time something in this vein happened, either.
>>
>>47001589
Combat is a mechanic. Rape is not.
Usually.
>>
File: 126546305.gif (473 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
126546305.gif
473 KB, 240x180
>>47001151
I slap the GM and tell him he's thirsty and he's a slut who can't keep it in his pants.

I continue to glare at him and tell him that he's not honored his end of the deal and call him a thirsty hoe again.
>>
>>47001589
Your green text is the proper way a GM should rule things.
An abuse would be if the GM says "The bandit kills the entire party instantly" without any rolls.
>>
>>47001568
>>47001568

It's an hardcore violence on the character. Some life-changing issue.

I want it to be played (with a fade-to-black, most surely, but still) and I demand to have myself roll the dice*.
And of course, as in any game no "rock falls" situation in which a basically unwinnable danger just happens.

Can't handle it? Fuck off my table.

*=most game in which the players don't roll the dice for themselves are bullshit anyway, but still.
>>
Currently dealing with this sort of problem in game with another player, after our characters got captured and raped. We'd be all for terminating, but it's post apoc so we're not sure which would be more dangerous, aborting or actually having the babies.
>>
File: 1446922093594.jpg (25 KB, 346x346) Image search: [Google]
1446922093594.jpg
25 KB, 346x346
Abortion follow by genocide...a least kill anyone who raped me
>they will pay for this
but depend on who/what I'm playing
>>
>>47001566
>I think I know what you're getting at but holy shit phrasing.
Fuck the phrasing.
Defining Rape as the act of sex upon someone who in their healthy and sober state would assess themselves as "informed" on the issue, and could provide consent but would not do so,
then sometimes a person is just too goddamn tense and needs a good fuck to get it out of their system, whether they'll admit it or not. Plus, Consent isn't the same thing as health or enjoyment. Many people will stick to unhealthy things that they don't like, out of habit, even if it doesn't help them at all.
Finally, though our society DOES NOT consider this line of thinking valid, there are other societies that do not view a person's reproductive capacity as belonging to them - instead it belongs to the State, or to the Union with their husbands, or whatever. In that case, though they personally do not consent, the decision-making authority DOES, and so the impregnation would just be called normal sex. Though someone in western society would view it as rape due to cultural differences on who they think should control the consent.

For that matter, far too many people value their conscious minds far, FAR too much.
We in the west seem to think that altering your opinions or thoughts or personality or feelings through chemistry and surgery is abhorrent, but are a-ok with having a brain tumor removed. I find it strange.
Your consciousness is a tool and sometimes it's NOT the right tool for the job, and it's better to let someone else with better tools do the job for you.
>>
>>47001329
It's not the rape that's the problem, retard; it's the complete and utter disregard for player agency. Like if your character had a stroke in the middle of the campaign and died. Does this shit happen in real life? Yes. Is it fun to play with a dickbag that forces it on you whether or not you think it's fun? Fuck no.
>>
>>47001575

See my reply. It's not the rape (well, it does make the situation worse: I'm here to kick orc ass, not to roleplay some hentai) but the railroading.
>>
File: fuck-no.gif (493 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
fuck-no.gif
493 KB, 500x375
>>47001628
I also tell him that this is a clean game and I am no hoe.

Disgusting how many fa/tg/uys think they can get away with their magical realm because it would be realistic.
>>
>>47001644
>Okay anon. Roll grapple against *Calculates* a (maximum assist bonus from four helpers) 11 with advantage.
>Rolls a 14
>Bandit rolls a 11+11
>Okay so you fail and get raped for thirty seconds roll again
>16
>18+11
>Repeat as naseum
>>
>>47001682
Skynet, stop posting on 4chan.
>>
>>47001682
what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>47001682
Then of course you run into the issue of "Define rape", and given how "define racism" "define hate" "define rights" "define sex" etc and the possibility that "rape" in the future might just mean the person felt ashamed of herself and her life in general and needs to deflect blame for her poor decisions.

... Though why a supposedly just and benevolent society would allow a person to MAKE poor decisions, let alone attack others for them, is anyone's guess.
>>
>>47001471
>raep
>>
>>47001151
Well, at the very least the dm had the decency to fade to black on this one. Abort it and keep going.
>>
>>47001738
Belligerent lack of belief in "free will" and disrespect for the sovereignty of human decision-making.

Also a belief that sex can be fun and healthy sometimes.
>>
>>47001768
>Healthy
>Believing pregnancy makes the mother healthier
>>
>>47001691
>>47001691

Exactly. Also, the thing is that we're playing DND: in other games rape is pretty much right there on the list of possibilities.

For example, I played the Huguenot scenario for Hell for Leather and let's just say the soldiers weren't too nice with my girl, who was trying to escape Paris' countryside.

a) The situation didn't just happen
b) It was perfectly realistic
c) We were ready for having this and worse happen to us
>>
>>47001786
You a thirsty hoe with no self respect.
>>
>>47001768
You're also using the concept consciousness wrong.

>Belligerent lack of belief in "free will" and disrespect for the sovereignty of human decision-making.
Well just because you're a tool, don't go projecting your views on others.
>>
>>47001784
Let's assume you're thinking long term, and that if a rival group's population outgrows yours, they'll come over and beat you up.
Bam, done.
Sometimes the moms need to suffer now to ensure their sons can defend us in the future.

Oh yeah that's another thing the West is really stuck up about. Valuing personal life over group life, even if that group would carry on the person's ideals!
You guys would consider it wrong to slay 1 person, even if it'd convince 3 other people to work hard towards that 1's goals, and share their values. Not because "Well obviously that's imba in 1's favour" but because it's wrong to kill people, even if it helps them.
>>
>>47001623
Roll for anal circumference
>>
>>47001802
>Say anything about death
You a filthy murderer with no self-control
>Say anything about sex
You a filthy how with no self-respect
>Say anything about unemployment
You a lazy bastard with no self-esteem
>Say anything about sadness
You a sensitive pussy with no self-worth
>Say anything about food
You a fat slob with no self-control

This is what you sound like.
>>
>>47001707
>I'm 12 and can't play games with adult themes
>>
>>47001723

So, for you a "define the situation, and make it a decent playable situation" question is answered by spouting numbers without fiction.

Well, we have the solution: I wouldn't play with someone like you.
>>
>>47001817
>You're also using the concept consciousness wrong.
Wouldn't surprise me. I don't "get it" as a concept. I know that people think having their thoughts tampered by speech is ok but having their thoughts tampered by drugs is not, when just using the drugs would save effort, and I have no idea why people hold this view.
>>
>>47001848
How would you play it out then since bandit can, have, and do rape female prisoners on a regular basis?
>>
File: 135468323457.png (167 KB, 393x349) Image search: [Google]
135468323457.png
167 KB, 393x349
>>47001832
>>47001831
It's funny how you degenerates get so defensive when somebody calls you out on your depraved fetishes.

Of course, I'd call out the GM if he was beating it off because of us killing shit aswell: as I said, this is a clean game. No jerking off at my table.
>>
>>47001832
>I'm mentally 12 and can't make games without adolescent themes
>>
File: 1568574953.gif (182 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
1568574953.gif
182 KB, 450x338
>>47001832
>I can't help but think with muh dick.
>>
>>47001868
>GM beating it off
>Literally says as little about it as he can and only in writing
>Being this paranoid about MUH FEHTISHH BOOGEYMAN
>>
>>47001865

Describe the situation, anon. It's called roleplaying, you might have heard abou it.
And first of all, ask yourself: is the game about that kind of violence?
>>
>>47001906
99% of the time, it's because the GM can't help but think with his dick.

With a 0.09% margin of error.
>>
>>47001857
It's a defense mechanism. Bodies that resist change resist death, and therefore have better odds of reproducing.
>>
>>47001817
>Well just because you're a tool, don't go projecting your views on others.
I am kind by default, but have a different idea on what is valuable. I don't give a fuck about hurt feelings or violated free will or a person's sovereignty over their own mind and body.

I do, however, know well the value of having your own population outgrow a neighbour's population so you can beat them up and take their stuff.
>>
File: 1395697871966.jpg (32 KB, 428x469) Image search: [Google]
1395697871966.jpg
32 KB, 428x469
>>47001682
>>
>>47001926
[source]?
>>
>>47001924
But which is worse?
>Going in thorough detail and "role playing" the rape scene for half an hour while the other 2-4 players are sitting there judging you
or
>Pass the note, make a few rolls, and move on
>>
>>47001934
>Bodies that resist change resist death, and therefore have better odds of reproducing.
But why is talking considered kosher? It's a change.
>>
>>47001955
Most of /tg/'s stories.

Seriously, you can't trust any fa/tg/uys of not fucking something up when sex appears in the game.
>>
>>47001976

Can you describe the situation?

Because it seems you can't. And that's the point.
>>
>>47001949
>I don't give a fuck about hurt feelings or violated free will or a person's sovereignty over their own mind and body.

In other words, you're using your autism as an excuse to be a passive aggressive jackass. How dare you.

>>47001980
Because talking is how humans judge mates, which leads to reproduction. How do you not get this?
>>
File: Spr_Chara.png (494 B, 38x58) Image search: [Google]
Spr_Chara.png
494 B, 38x58
>>47001868
I have depraved fetishes and I am proud of them.

I want to get into a long term committed relationship with %playername% the demon of murder and rising numbers.

Not because of their physical attractiveness, but since I think our personalities would be a great match.
>>
>>47001976
Both are bad. What you do is have the attempted rape scene and the party's rescue happen at the same time. That way, no one is left out.
>>
>>47002017
>In other words, you're using your autism as an excuse to be a passive aggressive jackass. How dare you.
My apologies. How do I become an outright aggressive jackass? I do not want to confuse anyone by sending unclear or mixed signals about my jackassiness and aggression.
>>
>>47002050
You could attempt to rape them in real life. That'd get the point across much faster than normal passive-aggressiveness.
>>
Keep the baby then dissect it to find enemy race's weaknesses. I probably arranged myself captured for this purpose to begin with.
>>
>>47002017
>Because talking is how humans judge mates, which leads to reproduction. How do you not get this?
Rape leads to reproduction too smartass which is probably why a lot of people fantasise about it. While I understand entirely why wouldn't want a low Ql mate to pollute you, what if there's a high Ql mate and your judgement is just plain Too Sensitive And Frumpy And Antisex?
>>
>>47002082
>You could attempt to rape them in real life. That'd get the point across much faster than normal passive-aggressiveness.
>attempt
It's not a rape if nobody reports it.
>>
>>47002050
Stop being a jackass and start listening to people. Open up your world, because in the end, the world ends with you.
>>
>>47001245
Because that's how shit really happens.
Okay, well, in fantasyland, yes it does
>>
>>47002044
This. An attempted rape is sufficient for drama. Unless you're playing in a grimdark setting, full blown rape is usually more than what's necessary for character drama/development.
>>
>>47002108
>Stop being a jackass and start listening to people.
Tried multiple times.
Didn't work, I didn't understand them, and they just ended up getting pissed off.
Probably not worth trying again.
Unless you've got some piece of wisdom that hasn't been told to me in 15 years.
>>
>>47001980
A serious question: how profoundly autistic are you?
>>
>>47002120
>attempted rape
>drama
No, an attempted rape is to women what the holocaust is to jews. Vastly overhyped and with inflated numbers, might have been well deserved, might not even exist.
>>
>>47002088
Rape lowers the chance of successful reproduction, at least in humans. This is both because there is a greater chance of damaging the reproductive organs and because the mother may choose to terminate the pregnancy against the wishes of the father.

You fail at game theory.
>>
>>47002015
Okay. Let me describe it
>Okay anon your character has failed their grapple checks and is bound and gagged on the bandit camp
>The rest of the party *Rolls tracking, knowledge (Local), and scent* is delayed in arriving at the camp.
>The bandit leader comes into the tent you are in.
>He undresses and rapes your character.
>While the deed is being done the party *rolls* and arrives on the edge of camp.
>Party rogue sneaks into the tent and sees the vile act in progress
>Murders the bandit leader and comforts anon's crying character.
>rest of the party swoops in and razes the camp to the ground and leaves no survivors.
>In-depth role playing scenes about waking up from sleep screaming and heated arguments over what to do when it's found out she's pregnant.
>>
>>47001487
A bundle of cells that is a child.
>>
>>47002028
Go tell your blog.
>>
>>47002147
>A serious question: how profoundly autistic are you?
Define autistic and I can give you an answer.
I do not flap my hands or drop my spaghetti in social situations. I have no specific attachments to any fandom or fictional series.

However, I do like maths more than I like people.
>>
>>47002127
>Unless you've got some piece of wisdom that hasn't been told to me in 15 years
Stop trying.
Just do it.
>>
>>47001487
That's a distinction without difference.
>>
>>47002152

Careful with all that edge.
>>
>>47002153
>because there is a greater chance of damaging the reproductive organs and because the mother may choose to terminate the pregnancy against the wishes of the father

Partially true. Rape is extremely stressful, and stress is one of the quickest ways to force a miscarriage to happen. Stress-induced miscarriages are a key survival strategy, in fact.
>>
>>47002153
>Rape lowers the chance of successful reproduction
As opposed to no sex at all? False.
As opposed to consenting sex, True. But that is not what we are discussing. We are discussing a situation in which the consenting sex does not happen.
Moreover, though I don't have numbers, I'd be damn surprised if the average rape wound takes longer than 1 month to physically heal.
>>
>>47002169
>>>47002028(You)
>Go tell your blog.
You are my blog.

>>47002178
>Stop trying.
>Just do it.
Bahaha. Yep, that piece of advice was told to me quite early on by my mother.
It didn't work. I do not possess the skillset.
But thank you for trying. You get a star for effort --> *
>>
>>47002152
I hope your wearing proper safety equipment to handle all that edge.
>>
File: 126546308.png (81 KB, 500x243) Image search: [Google]
126546308.png
81 KB, 500x243
>>47002159
I bet that the female player (that has been raped before) of that character will be totally okay with your well thought-out scenario.
>>
>>47002183
>>47002210
Why is it considered edgy to dislike the jews and the empowered women?

Surely it would be edgier to support the fall of western civilization.
>>
>>47002050
Columbine your local school.
>>
>>47001151
I would have said "What? No. What the fuck dude? Are you seriously going to have my character raped? That is not cool, I'm not doing this." at the mention of rape.
But I've never played with anyone truly socially broken, so I doubt I'll ever encounter a situation like this.
>>
>>47002206
>It didn't work. I do not possess the skillset.

No. You refuse to believe you do. You don't want to have it. As long as you don't want to learn, you will never learn.
>>
>>47002216
She'd better be. No using the "omg I was RAPED!!! so traumatic! respect my pussy pass pls!" get out of plothook free card in my group.
You get raped IRL? tough shit. Take it on the chin like the rest of us.
>>
>>47002216
False. Only one in 146 women have been sexually assaulted, a vast majority of that is not rape. Besides, those kinds of people generally don't play TTRPGS
>>
File: This one.png (295 KB, 472x455) Image search: [Google]
This one.png
295 KB, 472x455
>>47002241
>>
>>47002172
Okay, then, here's my answer to you: become a mathematician anchorite and leave the making decisions about the world stuff to those of us who can view humans non-instrumentally.
>>
>>47002159
>>47002159

>>47002159

So, no fiction at all for the actual situation, nothing to play and on top of that a non-description even of the situation after. As I suspected.
>>
>>47002253
>Take it on the chin like the rest of us.
I'm sorry for your loss. I hope your rapist was at least fairly gentle with you.
>>
File: Arguing on 4chan.webm (3 MB, 960x404) Image search: [Google]
Arguing on 4chan.webm
3 MB, 960x404
This thread

This whole fucking thread.

Even that guy in the background at the beginning is here
>>
>>47002257
>citation needed
http://www.911rape.org/facts-quotes/statistics
>>
>>47002241
Do you want to play? Fine then. Roll to commit suicide to avoid rape and make a new character.
>>
>>47002224
>Columbine your local school.
Largely irrelevant. Would not achieve my goals. Would probably also not get the point across.
Do you just want to see a school get columbined? Because I'm not really the "murder innocents" type.

>>47002248
>No. You refuse to believe you do. You don't want to have it. As long as you don't want to learn, you will never learn.
Yep, heard that before too.
You know for a guy who values listening you sure aren't doing much of it yourself, are you?
Literally every cookie cutter piece of advice you could give me has already been given to me many times by many people and you will not offer anything new.
I am flat out incapable of doing what you describe as "listening to people".

Mainly, because I already DO listen to people, including people I don't agree with, and I listen to and process their ideas for veracity, in case I learn something new.
What you describe as "listening to people" is instead "agreeing with other people about how valuable feelings are" and I'm not going to do it.
>>
>>47002223
Let me give you a short answer: because your ideas are incredibly stupid.
>>
>>47002257
The more accurate thing is to note that women who have been raped, especially in childhood, develop a fetish for it roughly as often as they develop an aversion for it.
And the fetish lasts longer than the aversion.

You pull the rape card on a girl who's been raped? You have just entered HER magical realm.
>>
>>47002271
What do you want?
>Oh he described the situation
>But he didn't go on for 5,000+ words about the setting lore, customs about rape, daily life of peasant women, etc so it's a non-description.
Give me a description jackass.
>>
>>47002289
He has the decency to not jerk off at the table. Unlike you.
>>
>>47002295
>about how valuable feelings are

Well, feelings are, infact, valuable.

Just how valuable is the question.

I just try not to be a jackass because hurting people for no fucking reason is gay as fuck.
>>
>>47002314
>The more accurate thing is to note that women who have been raped, especially in childhood, develop a fetish for it roughly as often as they develop an aversion for it.

Source? Do you have any facts to back that up?
>>
>>47002314
>citation needed
>>
>>47002318
OP is putting the rape in the least fetish way possible by describing it on three words and moving on. Stop screaming fetish when none is present.
>>
>>47002289
Honestly that is probably what I would end up doing if all else fails.
Also I find it hard to imagine everyone else in the party would be fine with seeing this happen. But if everyone just goes along with it that's probably not a group I want to play with.
>>47002258
Thank you friend
>>
>>47002272
> I hope your rapist was at least fairly gentle with you.
I raped her back. ^^
But then she raped me back in return.
So I raped her again.
We kind of went back and forth for a bit. Was kind of fun.
>>
>>47002295
Nah, I just want to see your /r9k/ ass actually put your money where your mouth is about people not mattering and you being an aggressive asshole. Here's another idea: kill a cop.
>>
>>47002295
>What you describe as "listening to people" is instead "agreeing with other people about how valuable feelings are" and I'm not going to do it.

Too bad. That's exactly what everyone does. It's the only reason any civilization functions.The fact that you refuse to play the game means you're in the dead end of the gene pool.
>>
>>47002265
I do not trust you with your decisions about the world stuff because humanity is, by its own assessment, doing a bad job.
Whether I can do a better job? Hahaha probably no. But worth a try anyway!

>>47002280
Welcome to /tg/ :)

>>47002324
>I just try not to be a jackass because hurting people for no fucking reason is gay as fuck.
Agree.
Rape is not inherently harmful tho. It's only harmful in certain situations.
>>
>>47002343
So you play in settings where everything is sunshine and rainbows and the merest hint or whisper that horrible things happen to people off-screen somewhere else makes you want to jump out of a building with a nuclear suicide bomb vest on because you're that pissed that something bad happened in imaginary land?
>>
Shitposting answers aside

I know my current GM fairly well, so I'd be a tad weirded out by it but I suppose I'd roll with it.

Then I'd go ask the party wizard to magic the baby into some kind of artificial womb because I have got evil to punch in the dick
>>
>>47001151

1) Show the note to the group. The DM doesn't get to be private about this sort of thing.

2) Tell the DM he's a dick.

3) Remind him that we play Dungeons & Dragons because it creates a world we want to escape *to*, not *from*.

4) Inform him and the group that I'm just going to pretend that the rape didn't happen and there is no pregnancy.

5) Point out that, from a gameplay perspective, automatically having my captured character raped with no chance to resist or escape is little different than automatically having my character killed with no chance to resist or escape. In both cases it removes player agency. This isn't Jack Chick's Dark Dungeons. There are RULES.

6) The DM is now on thin ice with me, and if he ever removes player agency again, I'm leaving.
>>
>>47002340
See >>47002422
>>
>>47002389
>Rape is not inherently harmful tho

Okay, I won't scream like an asshole, though I would ask you to explain.

Yes, I know the potential that it's bait.
>>
File: bigfuckenbait.jpg (30 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
bigfuckenbait.jpg
30 KB, 500x500
>>47002389
>>
If my current character was raped pregnant she would keep the baby to term then ritualistically cannibalize it, using the baby's soul to hunt the rapist down.
>>
>>47002380
What?!
When the FUCK did I say that people don't matter.
People matter a lot. They are one of the most important if not THE most important things on the planet.
I very much want them to survive and prosper and fuck you for thinking otherwise.
What doesn't matter are people's free will, their feelings, their ability to make decisions for themselves.
I do not plan to kill a cop. Unless there was something else beyond just "cop", like perhaps this specific cop would (somehow) kill 2 people I like a lot if I don't kill him.

>>47002381
>Too bad. That's exactly what everyone does.
gr8 ad populum fallacy
> It's the only reason any civilization functions.
Taxes paying for services is why civilization functions.
>The fact that you refuse to play the game means you're in the dead end of the gene pool.
I'm going to prove you wrong on that, you know.
>>
>>47002389
>Humanity is doing a bad job
>You can do better.
>Implication is that you aren't human

Hello otherkin.
>>
>>47002393
I love how whenever anyone says anything here it's always interpreted as the extreme.

No, I do not play goddamn My Little Pony games. I don't want terrible things to happen to me with absolutely no way to control or react to them. "Oh, btw you got raped" is the same as "Oh, btw you didn't notice the poison trap and you died". I would be put into a terribly disadvantageous and especially perverted situation for my DM's amusement and nobody else's.
And I meant kill myself in game, you dingus.
>>
>>47002422
Your ssve against rape was not getting captured by a large group of bandits. I don't care how much you bitch and wine, there is no way in hell your STR 6 INT 21 wizard will break out of a multi-man assisted grapple. Also
>4) Inform him and the group that I'm just going to pretend that the rape didn't happen and there is no pregnancy.
That's like saying
>Inform the group that I did not just take damage from the wizard's spell and there is no daze effect.
>>
>>47001151
It depends on the character I'm playing obviously. If I'm playing as my brokenly powerful, unstoppable Berserk warrior, I call them out on their bullshit, this is a character who's solo'd five giants at once, I should be able to roll to get out of this.

If it's my weak as fuck alien mage, I roll with it, terminate the pregnancy, don't make too much of a big deal with it in the long term.

If I'm playing some religious, lawful good, noble healer character or something like that, I roll with it, carry the baby, and use it a great opportunity for character development.
>>
>>47002472
Or implication that I am human but an outlier.
Has this been established yet?

>>47002436
>Okay, I won't scream like an asshole, though I would ask you to explain.
sometimes a person is just too goddamn tense and needs a good fuck to get it out of their system, whether they'll admit it or not. Plus, Consent isn't the same thing as health or enjoyment. Many people will stick to unhealthy things that they don't like, out of habit, even if it doesn't help them at all.
Finally, though our society DOES NOT consider this line of thinking valid, there are other societies that do not view a person's reproductive capacity as belonging to them - instead it belongs to the State, or to the Union with their husbands, or whatever. In that case, though they personally do not consent, the decision-making authority DOES, and so the impregnation would just be called normal sex. Though someone in western society would view it as rape due to cultural differences on who they think should control the consent.
>>
>>47002316
>>47002316

Why should I? It's your point to make. My point is exactly that a description of the actual situation should make clear why this is bullshit.
>>
File: muster buster - Copy.png (23 KB, 640x554) Image search: [Google]
muster buster - Copy.png
23 KB, 640x554
>>47002486
>Traditional games
>Devolves into holocaust denial
I love you, 4chan.
>>
>>47002503
>implying he plays a wizard with 6 strenght
Off to a great start
>Your ssve against rape was not getting captured by a large group of bandits.
Biting off their cocks is a strategy, don't you know?
>there is no way in hell
Choo-choo!!

Not the guy you're replying to by the way.
>>
>>47002494
Dude. You had control in that situation. It's just that you went and tried to punch the bandit leader with a -2 strength modifier and got captured like a bitch. Next time try not to fail at a CR -1 encounter.
>>
>>47002486
>B. they fucking deserved it.

The women and children too?

The thing that bothers me about most anti-Semites is that they talk about Jews as though they're all black-dressed bearded men sitting in a boardroom smoking gold-plated cigars and trying to remember what a dime is supposed to be even as they gleefully manipulate countries to their own ends.

The idea of Jewish bakers, Jewish tailors, Jewish poor and middle-class, Jewish children, and basically the idea that Jews are a *people* and not an organization, just never even occurs to them.

It's a special kind of retard who thinks like that.
>>
File: dood.png (9 KB, 309x388) Image search: [Google]
dood.png
9 KB, 309x388
>>47002531
Wat. You just made up a situation and inserted it into the original topic. what are you doing.
>>
>>47002529
>Biting their cocks off
>Implying you can get pregnant though force blowjobs
common core intelligence levels everyone
>>
>>47002527

It is a traditional game for losers, though.
>>
>>47002514
Ah. Okay. It was baity.

I mean, I ken your meaning, though still a tad baity.
>>
>>47001151
I would like to roll for crushing dicks.
>>
>>47002462
Okay, autist, let me try to explain something to you, using small words. If you ignore people's free will, feelings, and autonomy, even if you create whatever people think is the perfect society, people will hate it, and will not want to live in it, and may even kill themselves rather than live in it. This probably makes you upset, because it isn't rational. But to be human is to make choices of our own free will, to be emotional, and to be autonomous. This is universally true: even the most tyrannical society that has ever existed was unable to stop humans from being this way. If your definition of humans surviving and prospering does not take this into account, you do not understand what it means to be human and to live on a fundamental level, and really only care about DNA.
>>
>>47001949
>I don't give a fuck about hurt feelings or violated free will or a person's sovereignty over their own mind and body.

If the state would just euthanize you sexually frustrated sociopathic autists en masse every few years, it would be the most delightful and salubrious irony.
>>
File: 1308245274001.jpg (103 KB, 802x747) Image search: [Google]
1308245274001.jpg
103 KB, 802x747
>>47001151
I wouldn't get into situation like this in first place because my GM is not a raging faggot.

Damn, it feels good playing with mentally mature people.
>>
>>47002503
>there is no way in hell your STR 6 INT 21 wizard will break out of a multi-man assisted grapple
Jokes on you, Sword Burst needs only a Verbal component. Cast that to scare my rapist away from me and break my bindings, then cast Control Flames or Create Bonfire to set everything near me on fire, and escape in the confusion.
>>
>>47002568
Rather, I ken some of your meaning. The first line was just fucking dumb
>>
>>47001151
I punch him in the eye. Some people just don't get the idea until you enforce what is and isn't ok, with pain.
I think the rest of the party would probably beat the living fuck out of the DM after that. A lot of our group has daughters, and that shit isn't funny.
>>
>>47002585
You can't. Concussions drain spell slots
>>
In regards to all the arguments about player agency, and the GM not letting the players roll, I'm under the impression, that in OP's hypothetical, the player was already defeated in combat and taken prisoner, in a normally played combat situation, in which the enemy very easily could have just killed the player, but instead chose to take them hostage and eventually rape them.

In this situation it is not "Oh guess what you got raped there's nothing you can do about it", it's "You fucked up and got yo ass beat, but they don't actually kill you, they take you prisoner and rape you" and is just letting you off easy essentially.

Also that CON check could easily be considered your roll to resist the rape.
>>
File: Stats.png (595 KB, 816x1056) Image search: [Google]
Stats.png
595 KB, 816x1056
>>47002503
>Your ssve against rape was not getting captured by a large group of bandits.

That's like saying,

>You've been captured by bandits.
>They kill you.
>No save, no chance to escape.
>And then some demons attack the Fugue Plane and steal your character's soul and drag it back to the Abyss
>So no resurrection, either.

It removes player agency. For that, if nothing else, OP is a fag.
>>
>>47002609
>GM passes note saying while your character was put into a reasonable situation they could have avoided they got raped
>Immediately flip the table and start physically assaulting the GM with intent to kill
>Over a fucking IMAGINARY GAME
>
>>
File: 1457124040486-2.jpg (40 KB, 691x480) Image search: [Google]
1457124040486-2.jpg
40 KB, 691x480
>>47002632
>implying cantrips take up spell slots
>implying me being concussed was part of the original situation
>implying you're not just scrambling to prevent my legitimate strategy from working because you're a manchild
>>
>>47002641
So not only does he take away the player's chance to act, being captured and all. The GM also adds insult to injury by having the character raped for some cheap drama: great decision making.

It's a relief I don't play with fa/tg/uys that degenerate.
>>
>>47002503
>I don't care how much you bitch and whine.
>continualy bitch and whine when get called out about it, through rules and common practices.
Also yeah "Player's control over a characters fate, what the hell is that?"
>>
>>47002658
>>You've been captured by bandits.
Depends on how the PC got into this situation. If a paladin got captured by devil worshiping cultists you can damn well bet they'd have sacrificed him to a false god by midnight.
Besides, what are your opinions on save or die spells since those seem less dangerous than rape?
>>
>>47002641

It's stolen agency even then. Killed without having the character struggle? Bullshit.
>>
>>47002658
Oh, I forgot, I included my current character's stats above because said character has a +8 to checks to escape grapples, which is likely better than anything appropriately-levelled she is likely to encounter has to maintain them. That's leaving aside the Lucky feat.

That plus a 90-ft. movement race (Action to dash 30 ft., movement of 30 ft., bonus action to dash 30 ft.) means that she's almost certainly far faster than anything that could theoretically be chasing her.

My point being that on paper I have the statistics to resist a rape attempt from anything appropriately-levelled I might face, and the DM is an asshole for not allowing me to make the attempt.

If I'm facing something over-levelled for my character to face, then that opens up another can of worms.

The point being that leaving aside any moral implications, the DM fucked up as a DM.
>>
>>47002702
Save or die spells. You either roll high enough or lose all agency and roll a new character. Many SoD prevent resurrection.
>>
>>47002700
>Besides, what are your opinions on save or die spells since those seem less dangerous than rape?

Save or Die has been going out of fashion in D&D for a reason. They, too, remove player agency.
>>
>>47001822
You can stop posting anytime, Kim.
>>
This thread is full of wussies who can't stand a mention of something sexual. If you didn't want anything sexual you should have said it to GM before you started.
Only
>>47002512
>>47002641
>>47002450
>>47002340
>>47001375
>>47001407
>>47001681
get it.
>>
>>47002721
>save or die spells.
The difference between that and the hypothetical situation going on in OP's picture is that you got a roll, which is reasonable.
>>
>>47002721

Not really, failing and be killed it's the standard fare of the game. I don't play bullshit like save or die anyway.
>>
>>47002524
Ebin post bruh
>>
Dammit people. If you are so softie why do you play so violent game? Go RP fucking pokemon or whatever.
>>
>>47002789

I know that you can't answer this. It's not necessary to repeat yourself.
>>
>>47002815
It's my first post in this thread, and it's YOU who can't answer >>47002316
>>
>>47002769
>If you didn't want anything sexual you should have said it to GM before you started.

OP, we know you're mad at people not indulging in your imaginary situation, but you didn't exactly let us say that to GM.
>>
>>47002702
The fuck are you talking about without chance to struggle? You have a whole fight to struggle. And then, when your health is gone, maybe they deal stun damage on the final blow and knock you out instead, with a blow that would have otherwise just killed you. Except now instead of doing character death, you roll CON, and get rescued. It has exactly as much agency as just dying in combat, but without the risk of losing your character.

If anything it has more player agency. If you fuck up a death roll, that's it, make a new character. Even fucking up the CON roll, you still have the choice to immediately terminate the pregnancy.
>>
>>47002812
Much edge
Great grim
Wow
>>
>>47002422

I love how your entire argument is based on the assumption that your character was captured in a way that violates the rules.
>>
An interesting question to which I'm afraid I'll have to give an uninteresting answer to: it depends.

Can I retire the character and start a new one at similar exp (or take over a NPC) that knows the old character in some way?

Will pregnancy affect my fighting statistics?

Can grievous injury in battle result in accidental termination of the pregnancy?

Will the child be considered a monster?

How common/accepted is abortion in the setting?

How frequent and how long are time skips in the plot?

All valid questions which would impact my decision. Morality would play a role too: a goody-two-shoes might have a strict "all potential life is precious" stance where she refrains from adventuring until the child is born while an evil cunt might just not give two fucks about being pregnant and charge into battle knowing full well a blow to the gut would result in the termination of the fetus.

Also, I'd like to say that while rape is a touchy subject it can be used in games. If the players are adults and are open to adult themes, the GM could test the waters with rape through rescuing a raped NPC and then showing with other adult themes (death, dismemberment, death of children, etc.) that what happens to NPCs can happen to players also. That said if any players strat to object to the idea of rape or that very dark things can happen to the PCs then the entire idea should be dropped.
>>
>>47002812
I'm more pissed I didn't have a say in the matter. If I did, that would be a fucking issue.
I love when games go into more adult concept like this, why else would I play half orc/ogres so much. The difference is I'm usually very upfront and blunt about what's up.
But what ever " I'm a pussy because the DM was being a Fagola" or whatever.
>>
>>47002769
Hey, if you think rape adds anything remotely positive to a game you can discuss it in a private channel with the autists in this thread.

Hopefully you can keep the edge away from the less deranged.
>>
>>47002852
Grit and grimdark become edginess if done wrong. I don't see anything grimderp-edgy in described situation
>>
>>47002812

Yes

Pokeman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rflHvYsx0GA
>>
>>47001151
>DM for two games
>play in none
>one game is lewd/ERP
>succubi, tentacles, transformations, egg implantation, the works
>still give players more agency and chance to fight than OP
>>
>>47001151
It depends on the character.

I wish my DM did this instead of throwing perfect 10/10 perfect uncivilized barbarian warlord husbandos or motherly yet lusty vampire/succubus sorceress waifus at us. I can't go through a campaign without all our characters getting married and settling down with mutually understanding relationships built on trust and intimacy.
>>
>>47001151
Complain that this happened off-screen.

Probably abort it unless the father is something powerful like an angel, demon, dragon, etc.
>>
>>47002860
In OP's post, there is a situation with a nice chance to actualy Role-play your character. It's about the moral choice, not about fukken magical realm.
>>
>>47002836

I guess I could believe it, but I choose not to.

>>47002850

And then I am captured. After that, let's see what happens. Saying "hahahah, you're killed" it's bullshit.

If the character was killed in a fight... well, that's by the rules and expected.
>>
>>47002855
>the GM could test the waters with rape through rescuing a raped NPC and then showing with other adult themes (death, dismemberment, death of children, etc.) that what happens to NPCs can happen to players also. That said if any players strat to object to the idea of rape or that very dark things can happen to the PCs then the entire idea should be dropped.
No, the GM should just fucking ask.
Seriously.
I have no qualms with grim themes. But just fucking ask.
>>
>>47002890
Did you want to hear how exactly char was raped? Now you are the one MRing, huehue
>>
I just remembered I had my character raped once in a VtM games without my permission.

...I feel a little bad because I went along with it, even spending a bloodpoint to cry bloodtears.

Ah, to be 18 again.

Now victim shame me.
>>
>>47002907
>h-hey, player-sempai, the dragon can k-kill you with its breath... should I do it?
>>
File: unmake22.jpg (13 KB, 318x376) Image search: [Google]
unmake22.jpg
13 KB, 318x376
>ITT people can't wrap their heads around respecting the fact that other people at your table might not want to deal with certain themes

what's it like having mental deficiencies?
>>
File: this post right here.gif (446 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
this post right here.gif
446 KB, 300x186
>>47002855
This guy is right, you know?
>>
>>47002929
>rape
> without my permission
You COMPLETELY miss the point of rape
>>
>>47002572
> If you ignore people's free will, feelings, and autonomy, even if you create whatever people think is the perfect society, people will hate it, and will not want to live in it
Experimental testing suggests this is dead wrong. People naturally flock to control and authority. What puzzles me is why they're very picking about WHAT the authority can do, but I imagine that's just cultural, and will go away over time.

> This probably makes you upset, because it isn't rational.
It is not true so I am not affected either way.

>But to be human is to make choices of our own free will, to be emotional, and to be autonomous.
False. Humans are a social species. You make decisions as a group and act as a group. The emotions facilitate this.
I have no problem with emotions.
I just know that they are tools, and might be calibrated incorrectly, and so should be overriden sometimes.
Note: sometimes. When considered enmasse, a large amount of people with a large amount of feelings are more often accurate than inaccurate.

> even the most tyrannical society that has ever existed was unable to stop humans from being this way.
Yes, but Facebook is making great progress, at outsourcing your emotional decision-making to others. And by manipulating which "others" you see, manipulate the decision-making.

> If your definition of humans surviving and prospering does not take this into account, you do not understand what it means to be human and to live on a fundamental level,
Or my opinion on what is "human" differs from yours. This obviously means that you are wrong, fleshbag.

>>47002575
>If the state would just euthanize you sexually frustrated sociopathic autists en masse every few years, it would be the most delightful and salubrious irony.
I'm interested to see what would happen if this gets put into place.
Especially since I am not sexually frustrated at all, nor am I sociopathic.
>>
>>47002877
>still give players more agency and chance to fight than OP
That's because it's a fuckin ERP, the POINT is to go into detail about all the sexy stuff. OP's GM's problem is that they're going to ridiculous lengths to avoid having the slightest hint of magical realms accusations, making it happen discretely, off screen, in like two words.

It's an issue of balance. GM does this, it's complaints about lack of agency. If the GM goes into detail, and you have to actually roll play out the rape scene, then it's probably going to make a lot of people uncomfortable in the wrong ways, and go into magical realm territories. It's all about balance.
>>
>>47002933

The dragon can kill you: it's the theme of the default game.

But I guess some people can't grasp it.
>>
>>47002880
That sick fuck.

I bet he encourages hand holding and consensual sex in the missionary position.
>>
>>47002853
Captured? No. However unless she was unconscious the entire time, there is no reason why she shouldn't have had a chance to resist or escape the rape.

And if she *was* unconscious the entire time, then the DM is simply acting to remove player agency in order to force my character into the situation that HE wanted her in, not me.

He is, in sum, *railroading* me - no pun intended - and generally speaking, I could have sworn /tg/ was against that on principle alone, with it only being allowed in exceptional circumstances when it sets up a great story. This doesn't set up a great story, it just sets up pointless drama.

So, like I said: I'm ignoring that the rape and subsequent pregnancy happened, and he's going to have to deal with that. Next time, he won't make something, particularly something as major as rape and resultant pregnancy, happen to my character *off screen*, he'll let me resist it.
>>
>>47002877
What's the chance to fight here? Roll to bite off your rapist's dick and make heem bleed to death?
>>
File: 1390096263761.png (89 KB, 250x259) Image search: [Google]
1390096263761.png
89 KB, 250x259
>>47002940
>ban evasion
See ya, famggot.
>>
>>47002961
>aware of morality and the feelings of others
>does not care about them

That is the definition of sociopathy or at least milder forms of psychopathy
>>
>>47002860
You remind me of someone I know called raxvulpine.
>>
>>47002913
Well it's that and the fact that I would like the opportunity to handle the situation as I preferred, such as being able to try my hand at escape or violence against the attackers. The event would have been more compelling if I knew how and who fucked me up.
>>
File: 547457332156.jpg (106 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
547457332156.jpg
106 KB, 1024x683
>>47002955
And you COMPLETELY miss the point of my post.

A rape upon my character is not a rape upon me.
>>
>>47002969
The bandits can rape you; it's natural thing for murderous CE scum
>>
>>47002933
>I refuse to the differentiate between an attack in games and players control over characters.
2/10 made me post.
>>
>>47002641
>The con check could easily be considered your roll to resit the rape.

Okay guys, today your characters have to roll a str or dex test to fight some bandits, a con test to see how many wounds you take. Then a int test to see how well you find your way around the maze, and finally a cha test to see how much gold you can get for the treasure.

Fun session, right guys?
>>
>>47002906
>And then I am captured. After that, let's see what happens. Saying "hahahah, you're killed" it's bullshit.
>If the character was killed in a fight... well, that's by the rules and expected.
You're looking at it in the wrong way. It's not "You're a prisoner, there's nothing you can do about it, I won't let you roll" it's "Oh well normally this would kill you, but instead you just get imprisoned and raped" as a lighter and more interesting consequence.
>>
>>47002955
>>47002991

What I meant to say is that the rape scene was kind of thrown at me. ST never checked to see if I was okay with it or not, just threw it at me.

Infatc I think the ST was acting out because his dad was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's, and decided to take it out on my character.
>>
>>47002972
>there is no reason why she shouldn't have had a chance to resist or escape the rape.

Or maybe you failed to resist the rape. You didn't roll high enough.

You sound like a whiny baby.
>>
>>47002976
Fundamentally rape would be approached as a Grapple. D&D has tons of rules on grappling and how to resist it, escape it, or even turn it around on the person grappling you.
>>
File: WitchHuman05.jpg (71 KB, 736x1026) Image search: [Google]
WitchHuman05.jpg
71 KB, 736x1026
>>47001151
Abort and keep getting more and more powerful spells to be able to kill the main antagonist.

No, my decision would not be affected by the race of the father: my character would hardly respond to the rape, if all.

She has better things to do, like killing the tyrant that has razed her hometown and killed her husband.
>>
The purpose of the game is to have fun, if your actions pursuant to the game outside of those as specifically defined by the rules is contradictory to having fun, then you have defeated the purpose of the game. If you tell a player their character has been raped, off screen, no saves, and they are understandably upset, regardless of realism you have defeated the point of the game. This is not analogous to players dying to a trap or being stepped on by a Dragon, as these events occurred openly under the auspices of rule governed interactions which were generally led up to by player decision - and not the result of DM Fiat.
>>
File: y'all fishy as fug.gif (41 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
y'all fishy as fug.gif
41 KB, 600x450
>not dropping out of adventuring to raise your hybrid abomination and give it a proper upbringing, giving it some semblance of love from a horrible origin

Y'all would make awful mothers.
>>
>>47003002
Player controls free will of character. DM controls the world and NPCs. How do you control a tied up character if you can't even move and no one hears you scream?
>>
>>47002991

Nobody said that.

>>47002995

No, it's not written anywhere. It'a not a game theme and people SHOULD get angry when a theme it's forced: I'm playing DND, not motherfucking Golden Sky Stories. So no, I'm not gonna sit through a session of cutesy japanese village cuteness.

Same thing as with rape, plus normal boundaries for people. But I guess people here aren't that normal.

>>47003026

See the above. Also, it's not lighter, for the players.
>>
File: 1568574954.gif (27 KB, 158x132) Image search: [Google]
1568574954.gif
27 KB, 158x132
>>47003070
You keep hating on the women who don't want to have a parasite inside of them for nine months and a leech outside of them until they are 16 years old.
>>
>>47002961
>I'm interested to see what would happen if this gets put into place.
"Fewer rapes" springs readily to mind.

>nor am I a sociopath
No, I honestly think you're a relatively high-functioning autist.
>>
File: 1461886303521.gif (733 KB, 233x173) Image search: [Google]
1461886303521.gif
733 KB, 233x173
>people still responding to the bait thread
>>
>>47002976
Grapple/Escape Artist checks, SLA's that don't matter if you're bound, stuff like that. Pretty sure you can't get pants off, stick it in and climax as a standard action, so the PC in this case has a few attempts before it gets from 'assault'molesting' to 'rape' and then quite a few more actions before they need Fort saves against pregnancy.
>>
>>47003070
But that'd be as bad as dying then, at least from a player perspective since now you have to roll up a new character. It's not like there's even resurrection or some shit.
>>
>>47003068
>rule governed interactions
Should I port FATAL rules for rape and sex huh?
Or Book of erotic fantasy does it?
>>
>>47002995 >>47002969
They can ATTEMPT to. Whether or not they succeed is supposed to depend upon a large number of rolls between the players and the NPCs.

>>47003046
OP doesn't give me any reason to think that I was allowed to roll at all, save for a Constitution check - that HE made, not me - to determine pregnancy.

If the DM wants my character to be raped, fine, but he's playing the damn thing out, not fading to black and telling me the result. He can man up and accept that we're going to the Magical Realm. On his own head be it.

Or maybe the DM is afraid that I'll actually resist the rape and escape, thereby ruining his plans to have my character pregnant for God only knows what reason?
>>
>>47003012
Somethings it can be mutually agreed by the party, are best handled discreetly or off camera, simplifying the rolls to one or two basic rolls. Like an otherwise incredibly long ordeal where one character is trying to, like you said, figure out a maze. Sure you COULD rollplay exploring and going through the entire maze, but that's long and boring, especially for the other players. In this situation, you get >>47001568 which most people here would not be okay with.
>>
>>47002935
I hear ya. People are too offended by what they see as obvious fetish bait and others don't like it when their fetishes are criticized. I for one am happy I'm in one group where we can RP the sex lives of our characters without getting creepy but I know not everyone is comfortable doing that.

I think it's a shame because these scenes are usual great times to reveal deeply held beliefs/doubts and helps characters build bonds with one another or NPCs. But if it's handled terribly and used only for fetish fuel then I agree that it shouldn't be addressed except as a simple fade-to-black or removed outright. You need the right kind of players and GM to make these things work.

I'm in two groups right now and one is okay with casually talking about sex and the other giggles about it and makes jokes about penis sizes if it's ever brought up. Which is hilarious because the former is mostly male players and the latter is all female.
>>
>>47002979
Lemme doublecheck the symptoms of sociopathy
>Disregard for right and wrong
Nope. I have a strong sense of right and wrong. For instance, bans for hurting ppls feelz are wrong, but fighting for less bans (including for people other than yourself) is right.
>Persistent lying or deceit to exploit others
I am honest by default because I have difficulty remembering which lies I told, so keeping them consistent is too tough to maintain.
>Being callous, cynical and disrespectful of others
Maybe a bit.
>Using charm or wit to manipulate others for personal gain or personal pleasure
Lol I wish I could do that, but whenever I try I end up having less fun than if I just be myself.
>Arrogance, a sense of superiority and being extremely opinionated
Nope, Nope, and yeah I suppose.
>Recurring problems with the law, including criminal behavior
Oh please, get fucked. ... fine, technically Yes.
>Repeatedly violating the rights of others through intimidation and dishonesty
Nope! Instead I violate the rights of others with honesty and charity :)
>Impulsiveness or failure to plan ahead
Complete opposite of me
>Hostility, significant irritability, agitation, aggression or violence
Nope to all four
>Lack of empathy for others and lack of remorse about harming others
Good lordy do I feel remorse about harming others. It's just that "muh feelz" does not count as harm to me.
>Unnecessary risk-taking or dangerous behavior with no regard for the safety of self or others
Not really.
>Poor or abusive relationships
Technical yes.
>Failure to consider the negative consequences of behavior or learn from them
Nope!
>Being consistently irresponsible and repeatedly failing to fulfill work or financial obligations
Nope!

Not a sociopath.
>>
>>47003117
I believe the book of erotic fantasy does cover such interactions yes, and if your players want to take part in such a game more power to them
>>
Tell the GM to stop injecting his horrible fetishes into our game and punch him.
>>
>>47003127
>>47003127

Nope. It's not thematic, it's pretty major divergence from actual DND.

Can you do it, agency stealing aside? Of course. Should one player decide it for all of the table? Only if you take delight in failure.
>>
>>47003148
Alternatively indulge in his horrible fetish and rape him instead
>>
>>47001611
> conservatives never get raped, and certainly never get abortions

You realize before abortion was free and easy making black people the primary demographic it was rich, conservative people that got abortions more than anyone else, right?

Why carry a baby to term if it would ruin your social status?

And your statement that the DM would do something like this for political purposes is retarded. If I were DM and the party fucked up and the female character were somehow capture, I wouldn't go against reality and say the bandits never even tried to rape her. I can't say I would go automatically to pregnancy (maybe make the player roll a d20 and if they roll a 1 they are), but I would certainly expect the player to integrate the experience into their characters personality.

If the character was stalwart and relatively uncaring about rape as anything more than just sex she didn't want, I would expect the player to have her go on a vengeance run and maybe treat men a little more shitty than she did before. If the character has been a whiny crybaby who bitches about how horrible a fight was when it almost died, I would expect the player to make the character flat-out afraid of men. Or maybe the player will make the character suddenly hard as nails, having been tempered by the experience and dedicated to never being a victim again.

This view you have that your character being raped is somehow so much worse than the torture and death we see always in tabletop gaming is just bizarre, and really demonstrates how immature you are. A GM shouldn't bandy about such subject matter willy nilly, but bad people do bad things in real life and in games. If your character is attractive, you may have to face a consequence for making that CHA stat so high in the first place.
>>
>>47003148
>sex described in 3 words
>REEEEEEEE FETISH
Seriously? Even DMPCs have more words describing them
>>
>>47003127
>If the DM wants my character to be raped, fine, but he's playing the damn thing out, not fading to black and telling me the result. He can man up and accept that we're going to the Magical Realm. On his own head be it.

>They drag you off and prepare to rape you. We're going to just skip ahead now and--
>NO TELL ME EVERYTHING
>What I
>HOW MANY DICKS FUCK MY CUNT
>Um
>DESCRIBE THE SPEED AND FEROCITY OF MY RAPE AND IF I TAKE MORE THAN ONE DICK AT A TIME
>I don't really
>TELL ME HOW MANY DICKS I SUCK

Feminism.
>>
>>47003111
I suppose if the character has the right powers and/or influence they could remain a valuable non-adventuring ally to the party while raising a child. Technically making the series of events a net gain for the party as a new adventurer enters the fray.
>>
>>47003090
>Also, it's not lighter, for me
fixed that for ya.

Every campaign is different in tone and theme, and there are plenty of games and characters were it wouldn't be out of place, and where it would present a great opportunity for the character to develop in new and interesting ways that they might not have been able to before.

Obviously it wouldn't work in every game, but it's not something that should never be used ever.
>>
File: ypl4u.png (851 KB, 1088x898) Image search: [Google]
ypl4u.png
851 KB, 1088x898
>>47003049
>even turn it around on the person grappling you
>>
>>47003179
This.
>>
>>47003156
>Should one player decide it for all of the table?

Well, if the rest of the players are uncomfortable with the idea of roleplaying a rape, then maybe the rape shouldn't happen. Certainly I don't want it to happen.

But if the DM really is adamant about having his bandits try and rape my character, then me and him can go into another room and roleplay it one-on-one.

...yes, I know how that sounded, but I don't mean that as a double entendre.
>>
File: 1426128735095.gif (203 KB, 530x673) Image search: [Google]
1426128735095.gif
203 KB, 530x673
If you want to put shit like rape into your game, it's basic DM conduct that you ask all the players if they're okay with it beforehand. If you don't ask them or if you put those themes in despite them saying no, you're a shit DM.
>>
>>47003167
>but bad people do bad things in real life and in games.
Good thing that we're not playing a game of reality, then, am I right?
>>
>>47003096
>"Fewer rapes" springs readily to mind.
Hmm. Not sure. Could go either way.

>No, I honestly think you're a relatively high-functioning autist.
Let's check!

Bah, this symptom list is geared for children. Oh well let's read it off anyway.
>An emotional incident can determine the mood for the day.
Nope
>Becomes overwhelmed with too much verbal direction.
Nope
>Calmed by external stimulation (e.g., soothing sound, brushing, rotating object, constant pressure).
Nope
>Desires comfort items (e.g., blankets, teddy, rock, string).
Uhh ... does using my computer count? :^)
>Difficulty with loud or sudden sounds.
Nope
>Emotions can pass very suddenly or are drawn out for a long period of time.
The fuck? This is literally every human on the planet, why is this a symptom.
>Inappropriate touching of self in public situations.
Sadly, Nope. Do I need to turn in my 4chan card?
>Intolerance to certain food textures, colors or the way they are presented on the plate (e.g., one food can’t touch another).
Nope
>Laughs, cries or throws a tantrum for no apparent reason.
Haha yeah that's me. Especially the laughs.
>May need to be left alone to release tension and frustration.
Nope
>Resists change in the environment (e.g., people, places, objects).
Nope
>Sensitivity or lack of sensitivity to sounds, textures, tastes, smells or light.
Nope
>Tends to either tune out or break down when being reprimanded.
Nope
>Unusually high or low pain tolerance.
Actually yes my pain tolerance IS unusually high.
>>
>>47003173

"And the witch is a loli"

Even less letters than the hypotetical not, seems pretty fetishis-y to me.

But that's tangential, actually.

>>47003183

Nope, not for me. Being killed is simpler for the player.

Does DND have rape as a theme? Qote me the handbook, please.
>>
>>47003186
See, this is why the DM shouldn't remove agency. Things can be far more fun
>>
>>47002970
He does. He even has us roll for pregnancy and tells us how beautiful and wonderful our children are. My last character ended up getting over the trauma of his murdered wife and had a kid with a not!Tony Stark mechanist with a french accent. They started a booming business empire where they sold customized artificial limbs to the limbless and military prosthetic to the government. Their daughter grew up to be a firm but fair President of their growing megacorporation and after my character died he went to the after life and met his dead wife in Death's bar. She told him she forgives him and now they're spending all eternity in bliss together.
>>
>>47003128
Well I guess we have different tastes, my friend. I'd hate to go out with a single roll like that.
>>
I know this is obviously a bad thing, but part of me wants it to happen just so I can make a good thing out of it.

Like my last character was a female paladin, so I think she'd try to raise whatever kid she has as best she could, and raise them as a good person, even if they're some savage monster.

>Mama! I got the bad man, mama!
>That's good, dear. Remember to praise Abadar.
>Praises to Abadar, mama!
>>
>>47003244
I want your GM. I am sick and tired of all the "Oh, woe is me: life sucks, here, your character's been raped." GMs.
>>
>>47003179
I like this.
Beat GM at his own game. Make HIM uncomfortable.
>>
>>47003212
I wouldn't say to explicitly ask, but test the waters, see where the party is and what they're comfortable with. Don't just spring it on people you're not familiar with from the beginning. But based on what they talk about, how they react to lighter stuff, what they add themselves, judge based on that.

A GM explicitly asking me stuff like that kinda takes me out of it honestly, makes it feel less organic and spontaneous.
>>
>>47003238
Loli witch? Meh. Does she try to sexually assault me or acts simply like an underage witch?
>>
>>47003214
Anon.
I'm not trying to be rude here, but your post is a better testament to autism than actual symptom list.
>>
>>47003090
>Nobody said that.

No, you just inferred it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.