[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
COVER ME AVITUS HAJAAR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10
COVER ME AVITUS HAJAAR
>>
>>46999837
Cover your what?
>>
No.
>>
File: Thaddeus_7848.jpg (8 KB, 207x207) Image search: [Google]
Thaddeus_7848.jpg
8 KB, 207x207
Am I the only one who didn't like Avitus?

He was slow and really only good at a range, and for whatever reason in the original Dawn of War II I could never find a heavy bolter better than the Lion's Roar, which was only good for so long. And plasma cannons and rocket launchers were a frustrating test of patience, as they were slow and often inaccurate. So by the late game, where enemies might come from any direction and infantry weren't in as small a groups as they used to be, he was functionally useless unless I slapped some terminator armor on him.

I know a lot of people don't like Thaddeus as much as I do, as a character or in the squad, and I admit in the early-game he's a lot less useful compared to Avitus. But in the later game you can give him Tarkus' old frag grenades to use alongside his krak grenades to make him a little more useful against infantry and units in cover, and his explosive strike is fairly good against vehicles and some buildings. Give him a power fist and he's even more of a vehicle killer, keep him with a chainsword and he's still decent at disrupting infantry. And you can give him melee weapons that give him health on a strike to make him more survivable, alongside better armor.

Tarkus and Davian Thule are far better and more useful than both though.
>>
>>47000197
Avitus was good, but against Tarkus and Cyrus it wasn't good enough. Even more so in Chaos Rising.

Once you gave him an assault cannon to go with a Termie armor though.
>>
>>47000197
Davian Thule was easy mode.
>>
>>47000292
Sure, but I never actually found a good assault cannon to go with the termie armor. And it seems like Tarkus is the guy people consider the worst. He isn't even in most of the in-game screenshots that show the rest of the team.

>>47000396
But he's fucking Davian Thule, man. And you still had to sacrifice a slot to carry around his special healing gears.

He was far more useful than Avitus by that point, anyway.
>>
>>46999837
I just armed him with plasma or something like that.

Heavy bolters are a waste of time.
>>
File: Marine2.png (140 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Marine2.png
140 KB, 300x300
BRUVVA I AM PINNED HERE
>>
>>47000481
>And it seems like Tarkus is the guy people consider the worst
I think a lot of people didn't utilize him properly. Many just pumped ranged points and left it at that, when to get to best bang out of the squad is to have a mix of melee and ranged points.

Once you got termie armor the tactical squad really begun to shine, they could pump out solid ranged fire, and pulp vehicles and bigger units in close combat.
>>
>>47000748
OGRYN?! AGAINNNST MMMMMEEEEEEEEE?!
>>
>>47000781
Sorry, I meant Thaddeus. Tarkus was honestly the lynchpin of my squad. At that point in the game where he was stuck on Meridian while I had to do other shit, I floundered horribly.
>>
>>47000748
I always gave my Force Commander the helmet. It was baller.
>>
>>47000748
I WILL MAKE IT A (KANGA)ROO INN.
>>
>>47000822
Thaddeus was shit. Literally everyone else outdid him unless he was in terminator armor, and even then he was weaker than average. His abilities sucked and needed extra management, his squad died easily, and there wasn't much he could do besides stun the squad that was charging the ranged squads.

But what do I know, I put a Heavy Bolter on my Force Commander.
>>
>>46999837
>Covering a traitor
>>
>>47000889
You are a shit
>>
File: MokouKeine.png (343 KB, 704x553) Image search: [Google]
MokouKeine.png
343 KB, 704x553
>the non-white character was useless

what did they mean by this?
>>
>>47000983
>Thinking Jonah was useless
>Not getting the spammable fireball that can automatically be casted
>Not absolutely destroying infantry with this

You can't say much about useless anon
>>
>>47000983
Jonah wasn't bad. I mean he gave free heals in the incredibly retarded event that you corrupted Cyrus and gathers a good list of powers, but unless you really planned out how you'd synergize them, his squishiness becomes REALLY apparent.
>>
>>47000889
Like I mentioned above, he's very good at taking out vehicles, which is pretty critical if you drop Avitus as you vehicle-buster. You can also give him better armor and weapons that heal on a hit, and drop a purity seal on him to make him more survivable if need be.

Sure, you'll never make him as tough as Tarkus, but he's supposed to be supporting anyway. Have him tie up a squad before you attack, have him break up a squad as you attack.
>>
>>47000748
BRUUVA I WILL TAKE IT, TO GLORY AND VICTORY
>>
So who's the best guy to take out vehicles with? Besides Thule, of course.
>>
>>47000748
You dare?
YOU DARE?
>>
>>47001265
Thaddeus has krak grenades, and you could give him a power fist, but it'll still take him a bit. Avitus can get a plasma cannon or a rocket launcher, but they're a bit slow and inaccurate. Cyrus can probably take it out easily with the right timing.
>>
>>47000889
Thaddeus was the distraction carnifex when all of Tarkus' abilities where on cooldown.

Jump in, pop that invincibility, let the fuckers shoot him then jump out.
By then Tarkus should be ready to re-enter wall mode, add Thaddeus reset thingy and he could jump back somewhere else to provide another distraction for the shooty unit, either Thule or Avitus
>>
Guys, halp.

How do I into Judgement of Carrion? I didn't realise I needed to take Jonah and now he's corrupted to shit. I'm using purity seals to lower it but that means he has no abilities. Wat do?
>>
File: Heresy Time.png (139 KB, 700x1124) Image search: [Google]
Heresy Time.png
139 KB, 700x1124
>>47002342
>he went corrupted
Not even once
>>
>>47002342
I forget that mission: what did you have to do?
>>
>>47002626
Recover geneseed from fallen Battle Brothers and access the old logic machine while holding off 'nids.
>>
File: johjcropped.png (273 KB, 622x637) Image search: [Google]
johjcropped.png
273 KB, 622x637
>Every playthrough I've done has Jonah as the traitor
>>
>>47002697
It's been a while and I can't find any good walkthroughs, but I'd advise not letting the time limits get to you: just play cautious arnd carefully.
Cyrus is always good for sniping off the larger synapse targets and making collateral damage. Avitus gives nice suppression effects with a heavy bolter, and Thaddeus is good for tying up ranged enemies. As for Jonah, I'd just see about giving him the best wargear for disrupting the enemy and whatever allows him to use his powers to the greatest extent, depending on whatever build you've made thus far. Grenades and traps are great for holding positions, and I think you can call in Tarantula sentry guns if things start to get rough.
>>
File: eliphas.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
eliphas.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
>>47002386
>not trying out heresy just to have a bit of fun
>worshiping a corpse on a chair
>Only reading Lorgar's first, shitty book

You fight for nothing! You are nothing!
>>
>>47002884
I fight to destroy you and your Ruinous Powers and pay back the debt you owe for your cowardly betrayal. I fight for the Emperor, that His vision and work may be realised! I fight for every man, woman, and child in the galaxy who want nothing more than to live in peace, free from the scheming and machinations of the malignant cancer upon this galaxy you call "gods".
>>
>>47002701
>Having Avitus as the heretic deprives you of one of your best heavy weapon options, even if he is a twat
>Thaddeus as heretic hamstrings your mobility
>Cyrus as heretic means no more sneaking around dropping bombs up peoples assholes
>Tarkus as heretic is heartbreaking
>Martellus is the lazy man's heretic
>Jonah is a filthy psyker with no hair and a probable devotee of tzeentch to boot

I see only one rational option here.
>>
>>46999837
GODDAMNIT AVITUS HAJAAR, YOU'RE SHOOTING OUR PEOPLE
>>
File: Cr_csm_araghast_movie.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Cr_csm_araghast_movie.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khg2BAZJ10A
>>
>>47000983
They all have Greek names, so none of them are white.
>>
>>47003236
Isn't Jonah Hebraic?
>>
>>47003289
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBlbLgl5WDs

Yeah, according to this vid Jonah is jewish.
>>
>>47003289
Jonah is a jew
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qLhAdA5ZXI
>>
>>47000983
Thaddeus was voiced by a black man. Well, brown. But still.
>>
>>47000748
FARSEER LET US DO IT
>>
Are there any good equipment managers or do I have to fuck around with the files or drop mods? I'd like to playthrough the campaign with full ranged weapons and skills, bit don't really feel like doing it legit and rellying on the drops.
>>
I know that squads other than Tarkus and Cyrus existed, but to be honest I didn't really need that 4th squad slot once Tarkus was levelled enough to carry infinite grenades (although less hilariously than Spookums, who opens a portal to some kind of infinite explosions dimension ruled over by Michael Bay if you level his Will tree). Davian Thule isn't affected by the medikit, and he only really shone when he could use his "punch ground, everyone dies" and Assault Cannon abilities, Thaddeus and Jonah were insanely fragile, so I just brought Avitus to suppress whatever Cyrus left behind.
>>
>>47006184
Thaddeus jump pack works really well with the FC charge.
>Jump in and toss them to the ground.
>When they get up, rush the FC on their ass to sprawl them again.
>Avitus tears them apart with bolter fire when they get up for the last time.
>>
>>47000748
MY FACE IS MY SHIELD. MY FURRY MY SWOARD.
>>
>>47002701
every playthrough i've done has had Marcellus as the heretic because I go full purity... is Marcellus any good? Does he replace Jonas?
>>
>>47007059
You can't play as him, Traitor or otherwise.
>>
>tfw I STILL can't beat Ulkair

I just want to gut that fat Nurgle shit but he tanks all my hits and I run out of medkits
>>
>>47008070
>Not using hit and run tactics.

It is like /tg/ loves to fail.
>>
>>47007830
Not until Retribution, and even then he's...okay? I always just gave him a flamer or a melta, and Retri feels horribly easy anyway.
>>
File: DSC_0001.jpg (129 KB, 1040x726) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0001.jpg
129 KB, 1040x726
>>46999837

Good job, but you roasted us to!
>>
>watch that video
>note that Abu Hajaar is the dude in the machinegun, and Abu Abdullah was the guy with the RPG that "roasted us"
>Abu Rhidwan, the guy with the camera, gets hit and dies shortly afterwards
Jumped from heroism to hilarity to tragedy in five minutes. Poor guys.
>>
>>47010062
>ISIS
>heroism
>>
>>47010160
Just because they are the """""bad guys"""""" doesn't mean they don't have balls.
>>
>>47010220
>"""""bad guys""""""
Just like how Nazis are """"""""bad guys"""""""
>>
File: 1422567696456.png (31 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
1422567696456.png
31 KB, 510x546
YOU HAAAVE CAPTAIN DIOMEDESS
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.