[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/wqdt/ Weekend Quest Discussion Thread - Life continues as normal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: 1461971234573.png (22 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1461971234573.png
22 KB, 700x700
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for advice on tabletop games should look elsewhere.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/x6BqaJ7r
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory
This is a directory containing the tweets of most current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. If you are a QM, simply post your Twitter here to have it added to the directory. Spamming your quest twitter with non-quest related tweets may result in its removal from the directory.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)

>QM
What kind of quest would you like to run, but you are afraid that it would fail and die?

>Player
What kind of quest you would like to play, but there hasn't been no QMs that would run that type?
>>
File: monotreeme.png (228 KB, 600x467) Image search: [Google]
monotreeme.png
228 KB, 600x467
Does Exabyte still run stuff?
>>
>>46997370
Not recently. He's still around though, in a vague kind of way.
>>
Guys, MSQ is back.
>>>/qst/16737/

QUE HORROR
>>
Friendly reminder folks; there's no need to engage the anti-quest fags. Report any violations and keep on with your quest, discussion, an' feedback.

> What kind of quest you would like to play, but there hasn't been no QMs that would run that type?

Honestly? A proper god game, where you shape a world that contains only what you (and your fellow gods?) create in it and influence the societies that result.
>>
>>46997505
I´m too new to have heard of it. Is it awful or good?
>>
>>46997531
It was... MSQ
You had to be there.
>>
>>46997542
Technically no as /qst/ is meant ONLY for quests and not quest metathreads.
>>
>>46997551
That doesn´t exaclty fill me with confidence, you know?

Ah, whatever. I just open that thread and see for myself how it is. It can´t be as bad as the time, I tried to read through princess knight quest or whatever the name was...
>>
>>46997583
I was in the first MSQ thread.
It was fun.

Later parts got convoluted, wish fulfill-y, and creepy.
>>
People keep telling Orc Warlord has migrated to Akun.
Can someone give a link?
>>
>>46997675
Rule 1 of /qst/, all threads posted there have to be quests. The discussion stays here forever.
>>
>>46997660
http://anonkun.com/user/brighttegu

Hasn't yet, here's his Akun profile for when it does.
>>
>>46997735
just report and ignore them
>>
>>46997737
>Followers
>183
Holy shit.
>>
File: 1383558364809.jpg (20 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
1383558364809.jpg
20 KB, 500x362
>>46997370
Can't see that pic without posting this.
>>
>>46997505
Jesus christ, it's not -that- MSQ is it?
Who in their right mind would try to revive -that-?
>>
>>46997505
Since it's gone now, I have to ask. Were we talking Magical Shounen Quest or Modern Satyr Quest?
>>
>>46997815
It's the five-years-ago MSQ.
The glorious one.
>>46997505
ftfy >>>/qst/16737
>>
>>46997826
No it's still around, check the catalog over there.

And it's Mahou Shounen
>>
File: youuuuuuuuuuu.png (69 KB, 723x617) Image search: [Google]
youuuuuuuuuuu.png
69 KB, 723x617
>>46997826
Mahou Shounen Quest of course.
>>
>>46997850
>the glorious one

You best be sarcastic.
That…thing is the closest to making me agree with the anti-quest fags
>>
File: 1439869187819.gif (2 MB, 300x167) Image search: [Google]
1439869187819.gif
2 MB, 300x167
>>46997850
>>46997852
Well I guess that confirms that /qst/ is the worst thing ever.
>>
So something that's amusing to point out, the guy that said questing is increasing on 4chan is probably correct. /mlp/ surged from a 1 to 2 a week average to always having 15 to 25 up, which I would assume overshoots /tg/'s decrease for the year by a fair amount.

This is, of course, completely irreverent to /tg/ or /qst/ since no one wants ponyquests anywhere but on /mlp/, including ponyquesters.

Just an amusing factoid.
>>
>>46997505
>Nazimod returns to purge /tg/ of quests and shit everywhere
>this leaves a newly minted board with a fanbase unaware of /tg/'s locked away horrors
>some dickass let LG know
>now MSQ is back in full fucking force
well son of a bitch, ready the nukes from orbit, its back and now it has a whole new wave of weebs to power its unholy might, be afraid anons, for we are now about to see one of the single largest waves of faggotry ever conceived return in full force with some of the largest clusterfuck of a backstory, mary sue and full on retardation from some of the worst shitposters forged in the fires of 10,000 assblasted grognards, AND IT WILL BE BACK ON /tg/ AS SOON AS THE FUCKING MODS DELETE /qst/ SINCE IT DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH TRAFFIC.
>>
Hey, haven't been around here much. I see that a quest board has been created, but quests are still being run here? Did everyone decide the board was shit, or what?
>>
>>46998094
Mahou Shounen is running there right now.

I think that's a nice summarization of the status of that board.
>>
>>46998094
its more like nazimod returned, crapped on people and ignored everything said in stickys while insulting the shit out of them, and generally being an overall ass.
it also doesn't help that other mods are literally deleting shit on /tg/ thats pro /qst/ or anti-quest signifying that they are against nazimod's overall retardation.
>>
>>46998136
i still can't believe LG still even exists, let alone was waiting for as soon as he can slip under the radar to bring that crap back, i'm legitimately impressed overall, and the worst part is it might very well get some major traction in the day later, causing for when /qst/ inevitably gets deleted because of mods getting sick of nazimods faggotry it might develop a fanbase big enough to once again haunt /tg/.
>>
>>46998094
>>46998145
It's been a very eventful few days as you can tell
>>
>>46998094
Short version, /qst/ was made about two days ago because a small group of people were mad about badwrongfun that can easily be filtered tainting their board purity, so they whinged on /qa/ until Mootwo made a new board that very little of it's known target userbase wanted. Nazimod may or may not have been involved and using this as a justification, meaning he's gotten smarter, which is terrifying.

Feedback thread for the idea of the board's creation had very, *very* little positive to say about the concept over more than a thousand posts. Two hours later, the board went up. This annoyed people...let's say significantly.

Of the /tg/ QMs, a few are trying it out, some want to stay here, more still are on hiatus with a wait and see attitude and at least two have jumped ship on 4chan entirely. Two shilled for it but they were a known shitstarter that enjoys baiting players and immediately lynched by their own fans, respectively.
>>
>>46998182
>planefag and LG are once again running concurrantly on the same board with the same shitposty super faggotry quests that nearly broke the last time the 2 were together.
mother of fuck, its like the league of /tg/ supervillains over there, seriously, next is gonna be virt, then Jim Profit, then Technomancer, then finally the furry queen herself will probably eventually show up in some unholy ritual of double heresy that will cause the needs of 4chan to be purged in mass.
>>
>>46998182
Which one was lynched by their own fanbase, planefag? I know both that Exalted QM and XS tested it out and were...less than enthused with it's performance.
>>
Holy shit we won, we finally fucking won, dedicated quest board for the quest shitters. Now /tg/ can finally be cleansed of quest cancer.
>>
>>46998204
>I know both that Exalted QM and XS tested it out and were...less than enthused with it's performance.
Really? I remember them both singing the mod's praises before running.
>>
Can someone explain LG and Mahou Shounen is? I'm too newfag to know.
>>
>>46997296
>What kind of quest would you like to run, but you are afraid that it would fail and die?
A Space Marine quest, but not marines from a specific setting. I feel like I'd wanna do the bootcamp stuff before a war starts up, sort of like starship troopers. I worry about with the idea of "Space Marine quest" there'd be an expectation it be basically halo or warhammer or something, and if not that it would go straight into the action.
>>
>fanfic quests

I wonder if taking a piss on the material will attract people, if only because they'll nerdrage over it?
>>
>>46998214
Man, if you don´t want it, don´t read it and filter it instead. Why the fuck do you guys have to turn into shitposters, the second you see a perceived "victory"?

>>46998204
About exaltedfag. Is he(?) on hiatus or something? Checked the twitter, but aside from the qm waiting for archival features, there is nothing new there.
>>
>>46998214
Exalted QM liked it before running, don't know what the opinion was after.
XS was hesitant before running and underwhelmed afterwards.
>>
>>46998204
Exalted Fag, though this is second-hand information and I have few details since I don't actually follow him. Certainly wouldn't be following him now, at any rate.

Planefag is the known shitstarter, though I guess he's also in a perpetual state of being lynched. Also tried to start drama by putting a dig at a QM in one of his asks. Said QM gave no fucks.

>>46998207
So far it's looking like we get to stay if we want.

>>46998214
EF was, XS was more resignation, IIRC.
>>
>>46998214
>Really? I remember them both singing the mod's praises before running.

Then you either need better reading comprehension or a better memory.
>>
I mean, other than the fact that /qst/ is unnecessary, it still isn't that big of a deal.

Why not run on that board as opposed to /tg/?

Soma ran his quest on that board and his thread didn't implode. Sure, you can still run here if you want but there's no real reason to not run on /qst/.

Look guys, you can't deny that pre-Catalog and a few years back when there were a lot more quests on this board the other denizens of /tg/ were right to be pissed off about how much quests were dominating the board.

Sure, now those complaints are a lot less valid. But if you shit in someone's house don't be surprised when they hold that shit against you as an irrational grudge.
>>
>>46997296
so we are still allowed to run quests on /tg/ right?
and must all new quests go onto the quest board?
Just asking.
>>
>>46998238
You don't want to know

Long story short, a clusterfuck of a crossover fanfiction wish-fulfillment faggotry that went on for far too long
>>
>>46998238
LG stands for Landing Gear, which is the QM for Mahou Shounen Quest, which is typically known as the single cancerous quest to have ever graced /tg/, its so bad thats its actually ranked up there with Jim Profit and the Nazi Mod in tier's of /tg/ walking shitstorms.
its a pretty god damn huge deal looking at /tg/ history.
>>
>>46998214
XS gave it a go, and gave a definitively negative review afterwords, though I can't locate it at this point. Exaltedfag has decided to run once over there and see how it goes, but there was a palpable hesitancy to his anouncement. If I could link it I would, but I do not know how to link between boards. Its post no. 16559 on the feedback thread if you're interested.
>>
>>46998264
Yes
No
>>
File: Exaltedfag being a fag.png (65 KB, 1267x366) Image search: [Google]
Exaltedfag being a fag.png
65 KB, 1267x366
>>46998259
If you say so.
>>
Any word from GraveQM? His twitter just says something about a hiatus
>>
>>46998264
Ones that existed before definitely are. There was also a short-lived Parasyte Quest post-/qst/ up that lasted long enough for it's QM to die and it to fall off, so probably new ones are too.
>>
>>46998259
Sorry to bother, but I´ve been looking all over for you. Any idea when you will be running again?
>>
>>46998200
All we need now is a sanitized version of Fuck Quest, and for Dadaragons to turn up.
>>
>>46998299
He's running Exalted next week on /qst/ to see if it works out well.

I know because I babysit the /qst/ feedback thread constantly.
>>
>>46998307
>and for Dadaragons to turn up.
It did show up, actually. One of the first quests.
>>
>>46998290
He was in one of the previous threads and mentioned he might try running on /tg/ on saturday, that was the last I heard out of him.
>>
>>46998266
>>46998269

Well I am not going to touch it now. Thanks
>>
>>46998307
i almost expect sergalfag to show up there next with a cutebold quest to start as a one shit, then slowly proceeding to do the retardation he usually does and invades fucking everything.
>>
>>46998307
>and for Dadaragons to turn up
don't speak that name or he shall appear. We've managed to contain him in the Civ General, don't summon him
>>
>>46998309
Then I´m going to try and wait until then.

I only looked once at the new board and the huge amount of "drawquests" turned me off. It´s not exactly what I´m used too.
>>
>>46998288
>I don't know if this is good or not but i'll give it a try
>"singing the mod's praises"
>>
>>46998340
To be fair to anon, even being mildly accepting of something that's undesired and is being forced upon you can be turned into extreme positivity by the human brain.

>>46998348
/tg/ hobby discussion goes on /tg/
>>
File: 10.png (42 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
10.png
42 KB, 625x626
>>46998348
>>
>>46998348
>announcing your reports

kek
>>
>>46998348
/qst/ doesn't allow meta discussions of quests.
hence why /qtg/ is here.
>>
>>46998358
>>46998361
>>46998363
>>46998365
Report and ignore lads, report and ignore.
>>
>>46998385
This is /qtg/ lad. We're the shitposters here. And you just decided to hand the (you)s out like candy.

Remember. Ignore.
>>
>>46998263
Nobody is going to agree with your "sensible points" if you start calling what they take hours of their time to do "shit". So, once again, fuck off.
>>
File: dafuk.jpg (244 KB, 653x725) Image search: [Google]
dafuk.jpg
244 KB, 653x725
Besides the current shitposting going on by /v/ and lack of suptg archive, what exactly is wrong with a new quest board? Bigger post limits, IDs to trim samefag (Yes I understand real tryhards could get away with it), /tg/ gets to stay in their pure original form, and you get a place dedicated to questing.

Hell I'd even try QMing again once the funposting dies out.
>>
>>46998299
Sometime next week. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday. I don't know my schedule yet, so I can't guarantee it won't be Wednesday or Thursday instead, but, as usual, I'll post a warning on Twitter the day before and try my best to stick with it.

My first impressions on /qst/ are mostly summed up on >>>/qst/16559 after starting a "test" quest there.

I intend to run my next installment of Exalted Quest there as a final test. I'm not married to the board or anything: if it works well enough, I plan on staying there. If not, I'll come back to /tg/. In any case, Exalted Quest will still continue somewhere.

I hope that, if you liked Exalted Quest up to now, you wouldn't stop following it simply because the threads are posted on a different board.

If I'm proven wrong, and the fact that the content a post is on another board is more important than the actual quality of the content I post, I'll accept that.
>>
>>46998439
Quests aren't removed from their board. A quest on /tg/ is not the same as a quest on /a/, or /b/, or /v/. Herding them all into the same forum has always been a stupid ass idea. Always. I mean, I'm completely okay with /qst/ existing as long as nobody is forced to put their quests there, and we can stop herding unrelated quests to /tg/.
>>
>>46998445
Don´t worry. I will be following you, even if you change the board. I´m posting in three different ones myself all the time.

That said, good luck.
>>
>>46998431
Wow, way to get buttblasted.

I'm not saying you aren't putting effort into what you're doing.

I'm just saying that many people running quests now, especially if they're new, may not understand why exactly so many anti-quest fags exist.

Sure, they seem like stupid idiots now because they sorta are.

But just like all of you have this deep seated personal issue with anything the mods try to do because of your history with nazimod.

People that don't like quests have their irrational hatred of quests centered in a time when quests really were "taking over /tg/"

When the catalog didn't exist so 'front page real estate' actually mattered and quests were super popular a lot of people legitimately stopped coming to /tg/ because they didn't want to wade through quest threads to see the other things they liked.
>>
File: yuihuh.jpg (84 KB, 377x327) Image search: [Google]
yuihuh.jpg
84 KB, 377x327
>>46998471
I don't understand the logic and as a frequent of /a/ I do not see quests there. I don't know if /b/ does their quest shit and I wouldn't think mods would care enough to force those to be on qst, and I don't know if /v/ does those but I sincerely doubt it makes s significant part of their culture.

Quests run in /tg/ have been VERY anime and general waifufaggotry, had a lot of video game inspired quests, and some history stuff too.

And quite frankly while I do enjoy quests, I don't understand why they have to be here and what benefits quests get by being here, besides people who are upset about change. If the current /v/ shitposting dies there and gets removed I see very little argument for why quests here should be transferred.
>>
>>46998492
So just like hating someone for what their ancestors did then?

Makes perfect sense to me, I could definitely see their reasoning.
That was sarcasm
>>
>>46998162
I still exist. was lurking the board a couple times a week since i had classes. now that its summer vacation and now that a test board for quests came up, i decided to test a run of MSQ.
>>
File: 1385426265050.png (110 KB, 443x411) Image search: [Google]
1385426265050.png
110 KB, 443x411
>>46998541
>>
>>46998532
>So just like hating someone for what their ancestors did then?

Sort of, in fact. Exactly.

Look, african-americans (niggers) bitch all the time cuz SLAVERY.

And sometimes they're being faggots but every once in a while you gotta admit, they did get fucking enslaved and the whole world just sorta went, eh, free now, let's move on.

In this same way a lot of the 'questfags' are acting sorta saintly like they're being persecuted and EXILED TO THE GHETTO BOARD (like you're fucking jews) and it's like, do you not remember when the questing phenomena was actually a gigantic issue plaguing tg?

And I realize some of you weren't around for that and don't realize that questfags EXILED other people from /tg/ if we're going to used hyperbolic, buzzword language. So I'm here to inform you, yeah, antiquestfags weren't always just full of shit.

So yeah, /qst/ is like way too late and plenty of other features that alleviated the problem were introduced.

But the anger of getting fucked is still there and now people just want you gone out of spite. Which isn't right.

But it's certainly understandable.

And there is nothing wrong with /qst/. There is no downside from running all new quests there instead of here.
>>
Speaking of /qst/, I saw an shadowrun quest on there. Haven´t clicked on it myself, so does anybody know if it was any good?
>>
File: MAXIMUM BABBY.jpg (23 KB, 385x383) Image search: [Google]
MAXIMUM BABBY.jpg
23 KB, 385x383
How do I format on /qst/? I've tried everything to find some sort of guide and there's nothing. What am I missing?
>>
>>46998580
they made a naga adept because they thought nagas had arms.
Another victim of shadowrun's awful naming conventions.
>>
>>46998603
There's a sticky mate.
>>
File: 1361797659596.png (100 KB, 1136x1464) Image search: [Google]
1361797659596.png
100 KB, 1136x1464
>>46998606
>>
>>46998568
In that case they should have introduced /qst/ back then when there really is a problem (I was there when MSQ spewed out its faggotry, wading through the board wasn't very fun),
not now when things have mostly settled down and we're sort of maintaining a status quo.

Personally I still view /qst/ as unneccesary, but most of my beef stemmed from how badly the mod handled things.
>>
>>46998620
I agree it was unnecessary. But it's here.

And I disagree with how the mods handled it.

They answered feedback and made changes based on what the questing community wanted and they'll probably continue to do so.

What they didn't do is just shut down the /qst/ board they had been planning, probably for months beforehand, because a thousand kneejerk REEEEEEs assaulted them.

They haven't kicked anybody off /tg/ and they are actively deleting /qst/ shitposting in /tg/ quest threads.

They look like they aren't handling things well because it is impossible to 'handle' you guys without capitulating. When everyone unanimously asked for everyone being able to post images, they gave it to you. And instead of going on from there, plenty of people just went "wel, uh, the fact that you didn't think to have that be part of the board beforehand, uh, means I don't trust you anyway".

Like, shit, what the fuck does Manager have to do to get you to trust him? Oh wait, questfags are doing exactly what antiquestfags are doing by shoving all of their irrational hatred of Manager's ancestor -- Nazimod -- onto the benevolent (so far) actions of the current moderation.

You kicked and yelled and screamed at them so they decided, alright, we need to introduce this in the least aggressive manner possible like showing a fussy, screaming baby why vegetables aren't a super nasty thing in the universe via the choo choo train method.
>>
>>46998643
>And I disagree with how the mods handled it.

Meant to say I disagree with your assessment on how the mods handled it.
>>
>>46998643
>But it's here.
And in a month's time it won't be.
>>
>>46998656
>And in a month's time it won't be.
What makes you say that?
>>
>>46998620
There still was a problem but there was no use arguing with a brick wall. Now theyre gone this is most likely to be the status quo and I think thats for the best as traditional and tabletop games had practically only half a board to themselves and most people seem to agree with the change.

Almost everyone agrees with the change and not in a 'silence is agreement sort of way'. This will be the new normal and traditional and tabletop games will have a board devoted to them again as they havent for years.
>>
>>46998661
The fact that unused boards the whery ideas of which get a lot of negative feedback usually don't live for long.
>>
>>46998673
But its a used board with lots of positive feedback
>>
>>46998670
>Practically only half
>20 threads max out of 150
>>
>>46998643
>They answered feedback and made changes based on what the questing community wanted and they'll probably continue to do so.

Sure but only the relatively cosmetic bits, they basically danced around the elephant in the room in the first feedback thread.

While they did address the image-posting issue, frankly it's pretty obvious why the original rule was idiotic, and the fact that the mod even considered the rule in the first place speaks a lot about his knowledge about quests. (read: he knows jack shit)

And then there's the whole thing about only keeping the feedback thread around for what? 2 hours or so? Before going ahead and making the board. That leaves out other fa/tg/uys who weren't around by that time.

Hell, I didn't know such a shitstorm happened until I checked twitter, since I was asleep when the feedback thread was still around.
>>
>>46998680
>used
Barely
>lots of positive feedback
From quest haters, while the overwhelming majority of questers think this is an absolutely unnecessary thing and a terrible idea, yes.
>>
>>46998681
Threads arent posts and you know that. 20 quest threads would exist at the same time but at times they took up the top 20 threads; do you really believe it was a traditional and tabletop game discussion board when you cant even discuss them?
>>
>>46998527
>don't understand the logic and as a frequent of /a/ I do not see quests there.
Because they're forcefully herded onto /tg/.
>Quests run in /tg/ have been VERY anime and general waifufaggotry, had a lot of video game inspired quests
See above.
>I don't understand why they have to be here and what benefits quests get by being here
I don't understand why they had to be on /tg/ either. If you mean that you don't understand why they exist, then you're jumping into the rabbit hole: "why does anything have to be there?" Answer: it doesn't, and as you would know given your main board and your picture: "Fun things are fun".
>If the current /v/ shitposting dies there and gets removed I see very little argument for why quests here should be transferred.
The argument is as such: quests are only a medium. It's like saying all generals regardless of boards should be transferred to one board that houses all generals. It's stupid as fuck is what it is.
>>
>>46998696
>Top 20
And this is an issue with catalog view sorted by creation date how?
>>
>>46998616
I just reread it, now I feel stupid.
>>
>>46998693
Im sorry you are so deluded but there are a large amount of posts on it on a small amount of threads which may be what you are so confused about. And the vast majority of people agree with it, not just quest haters. And then theres the logic of having them on this board anyway, it makes about as much sense as lumping them all on /v/.
>>
>>46998696
>people are only allowed to post in the top 20 threads

Good one.
>>
>>46998696
Are you literally retarded? Do you what the catalog is? Do you have any data/proof to back your statement?
>>
>>46998700
>>46998708
>>46998709
Just because you are viewing it in a different way it doesnt magically change where all of the activity is. What use is a /tg/ forum where you have to go to such lengths to discuss /tg/ related matters and wait half an hour for a reply? I dont see how you could be so stupid
>>
>>46998706
>muh silent majority

Oh boy, let's see how fast I can get a bingo this time
>>
File: Quests Totally Killing tg.png (48 KB, 381x191) Image search: [Google]
Quests Totally Killing tg.png
48 KB, 381x191
>>46998696
Yeah, we've gone over the 'quests killing /tg/ bullshit and it's invariably lies.
>>
>>46998706
>And the vast majority of people agree with i
Stop spewing bullshit all around yourself.
>>
>>46998712
Gee, it is almost as if people can post in multiple threads and that threads that don't appeal to people don't get posts and thus fall off the board.
>>
>>46998716

>>46998670
>>
>>46998716
Is there enough antiquester logic to make a bingo card out of yet?
>>
>>46998712
>Let's kick part of the board's people out, it'll make the board more populated and active somehow!
Alright, you ARE literally retarded. This coversation is meaningless, I am not going to continue it. Goodbuy, was not nice talking to you.
>>
>>46998709
>>46998708
>>46998700

>muh catalog

Yeah before the catalog you were a bunch of cancerous faggots taking up the board.

And then the catalog made it easier to dance around your faggotry.

You're still cancerous faggots. Benign, ineffective cancer. But I'll take the free chemo.

A: Hey, stop beating me up. That hurts.
B: Nah, fuck you.
*A receives armor*
*B continues to attack A*
A: Stop attacking me.
B: The fuck you bitching about, you have armor now!

Questfags everybody.
>>
>>46998706
>muh front page fallacy
Even when there are 20 quests at once, they are never on the front page all at once. Ever. If they had been, people like you would have screencapped that shit immediately.
>>
>>46998733
I'm tempted to make one for shit and giggles, but I'm about to go out for lunch.
>>
>>46998722
Do you even read your own posts before you post them? You are on /tg/ and you are making a counterpoint that not having /tg/ related matters discussed as they are falling too fast is somehow a good thing. Why is any board devoted to any subject with that logic?

>>46998741
I never wrote that or anything resembling that. If you are too mad to comprehend a simple argument then dont respond to me and save yourself the embarassment.
>>
>>46998744
If you remember to, can you do it later?
>>
>>46998747
They only fall as fast as new threads are made. The oldest thread on /tg/ right now is the storythread at 280 posts and was made on the 22nd. As long as there is interest in a thread, there is life until the bumplimit is reached.
>>
>>46998699
>Because they're forcefully herded onto /tg/.
So what's the difference now that the would be herded in to /qst/, assuming mods decide to ban threads here?

>I don't understand why they had to be on /tg/ either.
So we agree that they really shouldn't be here and there only exists a slight connection between quests and traditional games.

I thought you were arguing for quests to stay here and to not have things transferred over to /qst/. If you're arguing for quests to just be allowed in every board, I don't know what to say. That's an awful, awful idea and very off-topic in each respective board.

The fact that quests hold a sizeable amount of content here gives argument for a board like /qst/ for text based adventures to exist. It also encourages growth of quests in a proper board.

I can tell you I had no idea quests even existed until a Strike Witches thread argued about if planefag's work was good or shit. It was only then I tried QMing and made a relatively decent quest. Having /qst/ could vastly improve the quality of quests and content creators once the new board shitposting dies out.
>>
>>46998691

And then there's the whole thing about only keeping the feedback thread around for what? 2 hours or so? Before going ahead and making the board. That leaves out other fa/tg/uys who weren't around by that time.

What would be the point of keeping that thread up? It was obvious people were just going to scream about how they didn't want the /qst/ board in the first place. The only solution possible to avoid a shitstorm would be to capitulate and they aren't going to do that without at least TRYING to see if a /qst/ board would work.
>>
>>46998742
>false equivalence
Posting threads is not an attack.

You might as well say Warhammer 40k is crushing /tg/ under the overwhelming onslaught of it's very existence.
>>
Holy shit, it's been a while since I witnessed such levels of faggotry, bigotry, and retardation.
It's like arguing with an SJW.
Sasuga, antiquestfag, sasuga.
>>
>>46998757
Yes and there are a lot of interest in non-/tg/ related threads such as quest threads making it a lot harder to actually discuss /tg/ related matters. Quest threads are only vaguely related in the way that quests are in a lot of traditional games, but then again a lot of quests are in video games. Whats the point of this board if its not even for what its supposed to be for?
>>
>>46998762
>The fact that quests hold a sizeable amount of content
8% is sizable all right. It's less than the number of truly non-related threads on /tg/.
>>
>>46998773
And how does a quest thread existing prevent discussion from happening in another thread or ten? How does it prevent someone making a new thread that isn't a quest, general, or such thing that goes on to have 400+? How are threads that are collective roleplaying not related to a roleplaying board?
>>
>>46998786
Not him but you are going by thread count right? He is clearly talking about post count.
>>
>>46998750
I might actually do it, this is too good to pass up.

Help compile a list in case I miss anything
>>
>>46998719
>haha
>only 8%

You realize that's way too fucking much, right?

Shit, most systems manage to be respectful enough to keep things to one active general thread. (Including the boogeyman, 40K)

If half those quest threads were turned into online game finder threads and all of you with the same relevant interests paired up you'd be a lot happier with some actual tabletop.
>>
>>46998798
Is there a limit to the absolute maximum number of posts collectively allowed on /tg/ at any given moment? If not, why would it matter?
>>
>>46998789
>And how does a quest thread existing prevent discussion from happening in another thread or ten? How does it prevent someone making a new thread that isn't a quest, general, or such thing that goes on to have 400+?

There are quite a lot of reasons why. A lot of people dont use the catalogue and if you do it still takes a lot of effort to find a lot of non quest related threads. if you choose to filter instead it wipes half of the threads off of any given page. There are people that just completely dislike them and dont bother visiting anymore. All of these and more give /tg/ related threads a lot less traffic and believe me as someone who has visited /tg/ for a long time the /tg/ related traffic is basically dead from what it used to be.
>>
>>46998786
So there really isn't a good argument you can give as to why quests shouldn't be one /tg/ and should be one /qst/.

God it, thanks for the waste of time.
>>
>>46998762
>So we agree that they really shouldn't be here and there only exists a slight connection between quests and traditional games.
No, we don't. Stop reading what you think I wrote.
>That's an awful, awful idea and very off-topic in each respective board.
How so?
>I can tell you I had no idea quests even existed until a Strike Witches thread argued about if planefag's work was good or shit. It was only then I tried QMing and made a relatively decent quest.
Do you realize you counter yourself every argument you used so far?
>Having /qst/ could vastly improve the quality of quests and content creators once the new board shitposting dies out.
How so?
>>
>>46998808
Post counts are a measure of traffic within the board and pretending that theyre not doesnt change the fact that they are. Your point about threads was also stupid because thread count doesnt directly dictate post count
>>
>>46998798
Oh, so hes being even MORE stupid by comparing post counts? That's his new complaint?

>>46998806
On a board with 150 threads? You're saying 8% is too much? Really?

I wonder what your basis for comparison is.
>>
>>46998833
>Oh, so hes being even MORE stupid by comparing post counts? That's his new complaint?

Considering post counts show the overall activity I would say its you who is being stupid and not him
>>
>>46998804
>Half of the board
>Silent majority
>Detracts from discussion
>Kills threads
>Prevents people from using /tg/
>Post counts
>Dodging questions and/or giving non-answers
>Muh /tg/ purity
>>
Stop arguing with the retard.
Just. Stop.
>>
>>46998804
Silent majority
/tg/ was good until quests happened
Front page shit
Choking /tg/ with quests
Questfags only are crossboarders
"I left /tg/ in 2003 and now I can finally come back"
>>
>>46998806
>liking generals
And we are the cancer uh
>>
>>46998833
>On a board with 150 threads? You're saying 8% is too much? Really?
>I wonder what your basis for comparison is.

Warmahordes.
>>
Is there a single argument FOR quests being on /tg/? I dont think anyone has given one
>>
>>46998823
>No, we don't. Stop reading what you think I wrote.
You just said
>I don't understand why they had to be on /tg/ either.
What the fuck are you saying then?

>How so?
Read. Quests are not related to the respective boards. /a/ should not hold waifu quests, it should not hold parody of this anime quests, it should not hold "original" battle shounen quests. It should be discussing anime and manga. You have to be vastly autistic if you actually think quests should belong on these boards. This is like me making a thread about history on /a/ because there's a historical anime. It doesn't work that way.

>Do you realize you counter yourself every argument you used so far?
>>Having /qst/ could vastly improve the quality of quests and content creators once the new board shitposting dies out.

I don't, and you seem to have poor reading comprehension.

I didn't know quests existed because they were tied with /tg/. If a board specifically for quests existed, it would be far more easier to know that it existed.
>>
Some of us worked really hard to make /qst/ a thing. There is really no need to be salty over this. I had previously written some pretty well though out emails about the features it would need to have, seems to have most of them. I wish they had done a little more, maybe in time they will.
I don't get why people are unhappy, the quest subgenre on /tg/ got acknowledged as being large enough to get our own board.
>>
>>46998820
I certainly can. They've been posted so many times in the feedback thread it's not even funny. And exactly one person has realized that those arguments are right, and apologized for being a dick, because he realized he was being a dick for no actual reason other than people having badwrongfun.

I can trot out the usual, they're a roleplaying game, they're not takign up that much boardspace, that people using the filters get a ton of false positives, that people wh hate quests seem to be the only people who can't be bothered to just skip over a thread they don't like, that there are more non-/tg/ related threads on /tg/ than there are quests, that the unhealthy fixation of 12-25 people agaisnt quests on /qa/ are the only reason /qst/ exists, and that the impact on /tg/ from the influx of other people wh have discovered other things on /tg/ besides quests that interest them has increased traffic and the number of people who are now /tg/ regulars than there used to be.

But you'll ignore all of that in favor of "quests are killing /tg/" in some magical, undefinable, secret way. because that's literally what every person's arguments who has been adamantly against quests has been proven to boil down to after the utterly and proven falisfied math, the alarmist conspiracies, and the false equivalencies have been disproven.
>>
>>46998870
>What the fuck are you saying then?
I was talking about /a/ quests. But again, you wouldn't know they exist, and yet argue from a state of ignorance.
>Read. Quests are not related to the respective boards.
Heretek Quest is not related to Warhammer 40k. Exalted Quest isn't related to the Exalted setting. Okay, sure, if you say so.
>This is like me making a thread about history on /a/ because there's a historical anime.
And yet if there is a historical anime, people in those threads will talk about history nonetheless.
>>
>>46998892
>that interest them has increased traffic and the number of people who are now /tg/ regulars than there used to be.

There it is then.

The golden argument questfags can't deny.

Quests have made the /tg/ community bigger.

And since the size of an online community is directly proportional to how shitty it is.

Quests have made /tg/ shittier.

Fuck off my swamp.
>>
>>46998892
>But you'll ignore all of that in favor of "quests are killing /tg/" in some magical, undefinable, secret way. because that's literally what every person's arguments who has been adamantly against quests has been proven to boil down to after the utterly and proven falisfied math, the alarmist conspiracies, and the false equivalencies have been disproven.

I dont think anyones actually said that. The baseline is that theyre only vaguely /tg/ related and that theyre pushing /tg/ discussions out in various ways such as page and catalogue pushing and overall post count. As I see it either we should have a /qst/ board or rename /tg/ /qst/ because theyre so dominating of the boards overall content and activity.
>>
>>46998878
Except that isn't true. It ws given it's own board because a group of shitposters on /qa/ who ADMITTED THEY DID THIS got it created.
>>
>>46998912
>change and growth are inherently bad at all times
Gee, that argument sounds just like the one people accused questfags of using to avoid /qst/.

Which is it?
>>
>>46998921
Not him but it is true. I dont see why some questers are so hateful of something that questers and non questers actually agree on and worked towards.
>>
>>46998878
Because its not large enough. Its going to stall and die. Foot traffic is not enough for quests.

Why is this so: Most quest goer's hang out in their nominal boards doing other stuff, then come across quests to jump into, if it takes their fancy. A quest board has nothing else but quests, meaning someone pops on, once overs, then buggeres off. Theres nothing like /tg/s slow threads there to retain them if nothing strikes their fancy.

This ends up with less and less people running, due to lack of numbers watching, and less running means less quests which means less people popping in to veiw them. Que downward spiral.

The board population is not big enough, add onto that the fact different quests from different boards each have their own unique culture to them, and everyone dislikes everyone else, dividing a small playerbase further.

Seriously, /tg/ quests are some of the better written ones ive seen. Different attitudes and cultures come from this board compared to others.
>>
>>46998920
>As I see it either we should have a /qst/ board or rename /tg/ /qst/ because theyre so dominating of the boards overall content and activity.
I can't stop laughing.
>>
>>46998938
Perhaps you should see a psychiatrist about that
>>
>>46998933
>I dont see why some questers are so hateful of something that shitposting non questers actually agree on and worked towards.
FTFY.
>>
>>46998933
Some does not mean all.
Most questers were happy with the situation as was. Not enough quests to really do anything bad to /tg/ lots of discussion threads for inspiration, good storys and a culture conductive to creative writing and quality.
>>
>>46998950
I dont see why you are getting so salty. Its a bipartisan thing that a lot of people agreed on
>>
>>46998920
>I don't think anyone has actually said that.
Actually it's been said so many times it's a fucking meme already.

Page and catalogue pushing is an impossibility when you have 7 and 8 day old threads of things on /tg/ that are supposedly /tg/ related that people aren't posting it because no one is interested in them any longer. The only way that works is if they've autosaged already. You people should know this if you've been on /tg/ this long.
>>
>>46998956
'Most questers' is still a minority of people overall
>>
>>46998932
I don't see how "filling my niche hobby with too many normies REEEEEE"

is inherently the same as "migrate to the board designed for you you stupid fucking retards"

But sure, I guess in your warped logic it's the same.
>>
>>46998878
>citation needed

>>46998920
>because theyre so dominating of the boards overall content and activity.
So quest are killing /tg/. Thank you for proving my point.
>>
>>46998892
>quests are killing /tg/
Why the fuck are you even replying to me without having read my previous posts? Kill yourself, you are autistic. I specifically said I enjoy quests and have QM'd before.

>>46998896
They aren't related, an off-topic discussion that has some relevancy to the anime is only tolerated as long it holds a small fraction of discussion.

Go look at Hai-furi threads and the incessant complaints when the threads derail in to random /k/ talks and suddenly doves in /pol/ and /his/ talks. Talking about planefag in a Strike Witches thread begins to tether on angry people telling people to fuck off if it starts to become a majority discussion. And it only happens a very few times, and of the few times is when I learned about quests.

I honestly hope you realize your opinion that quests are relevant to each board as long as they have some semi-relation (i.e a fanfic quest about Macross is anime related) is not shared by a vast majority of people.If you think it is, then fine. But I want good arguments for why quests shouldn't belong in /qst/ and should belong here.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>46998864
They're roleplaying games, this has already been stated many times before.
>>
>>46998964
Thats nice. The vasy majority of people gave no fucks, and most questers were happy here. Relatively few people actively hate quests, but they also hate things like fun, and content that used to be on ye olde /tg/ anyway. Its nothing new, and certainly not a reason to shovel people off into a new board that is destined to die.
>>
Okay, so I want to run a quest. Where do I run it, here or on the new board? Apparently its a big deal.
>>
>>46998961
But youre dodging the point of what I said, that overall activity is pushed much towards something thats not very /tg/ related. I think its reasonable that we should just stop pretending that /tg/ is about traditional games anymore when its the minority of posts
>>
>>46998990
Here. Anybody telling you to go to /qst/ gets their post deleted by the janitors.
>>
>>46998990
>>46998990
Whatever floats your boat kid.

You will receive shitposting regardless.
>>
>>46998990
Flip a coin. Here is guaranteed to have people participating without being shitters from the get go though.
>>
>>46998974
>So quest are killing /tg/. Thank you for proving my point.

Thats not what I said.

>As I see it either we should have a /qst/ board or rename /tg/ /qst/ because theyre so dominating of the boards overall content and activity.

Thats what I said
>>
>>46998990
Fuck.
This
>Apparently its a big deal.
was supposed to be
>Apparently, it's a big deal.
>>
>>46998985
>The vasy majority of people gave no fucks

I find it hard to believe that you would genuinely believe something so incredibly false so I am just going to assume that you are lying instead
>>
>>46998990
If you do one here youll get nowhere because most of the activity is on /qst/ and youll get a lot of shitposts here.
>>
>>46998976
>silent majority again
Please
>>
I'm sorry but who the fuck is jim whatshisname and nazimod?
>>
File: Helmet 2.png (447 KB, 748x495) Image search: [Google]
Helmet 2.png
447 KB, 748x495
>>46997296
I've been sitting on a quest idea for a few weeks. But as I've been working on it, I've been thinking that it might not actually be a great idea for this medium -- it's story-heavy, it's got mysteries, it's arguably rail-roady.

Should I run a science-fantasy spy mystery quest? Or should I just run a more open science-fantasy post-apocalyptic quest (my other idea)?
>>
>>46999012
I find it hard to believe that as an individual in a world full of fucking apathy, you would not believe the vast majority of /tg/ who go to the threads that they like, and ignore what does not interest them, could be incapable of ignoring things they dislike. So im going to presume your socially repressed.
>>
>>46998990

Run it here. /qst/ is basically shit, and you'll get like one-tenth the audience. The mods are actively banning shitposters and deleting shitposts, so you should be fine.
>>
>>46999042
>I find it hard to believe that as an individual in a world full of fucking apathy, you would not believe the vast majority of /tg/ who go to the threads that they like, and ignore what does not interest them, could be incapable of ignoring things they dislike.

Despite such a large amount of people complaining over such a large amount of time about the same thing? Theres a reason why anti-quest threads were pruned and thats because at one point they took up most of the board. I presume you are a newer poster
>>
>>46999042
He's autistic, not socially repressed.
>>
>>46999055
>such a large amount of people
All 12 of you.
>>
>>46999076
Youve clearly not been around for very long
>>
>>46999055
You presume wrongly for a start.
"large number of people" is debatable, comparisons need to be made with actual proof, that neither of us have. Which renders this to opinion. Ive seen claims from multiple people supporting my stance, hence why i hold it, but eh. Prove me wrong and i will switch on that point.

As for over a large amount of time? And? If someone is a dick long enough, it does not mean said dick is bigger, just that its petty and persistent.
>>
>>46999087
You've clearly not been around for very long.
>>
>>46999088
A large amount of people isnt very debatable when you consider how controversial it was when they started here and how many threads were constantly posted throughout the day about them. I presume you you werent here back then?
>>
>>46999094
Either you are bare faced lying or are newer than when that happened and Im assuming its the latter as you cannot even give an argument against it.
>>
>>46999103
Not that anon, but why do you even care about that? Then wasn't now, and now, people clearly don't give a shit. The sticky and the feedback threads were all obviously against /qst/, and the polls all showed antiquest-fags getting BTFO.
>>
>>46998844
>>46998806

I'm currently at 12, not enough for the standard 5x5 card.

Bugger.
>>
>>46997296
>>QM
>What kind of quest would you like to run, but you are afraid that it would fail and die?

Romantic Comedy Quest.
>>
>>46999100
It's very debatable. For a start, we are debating it right now. Or are we going to have a "Yu Huh! Nu Huh! argument?

As for the 'controversy' at its start: what, 6 or so years ago now? Real relevant. The last year has hardly had a ripple. It was live and let live.
>>
>>46999114
Because his point was about apathy when thats clearly not true in reality.

>The sticky and the feedback threads were all obviously against /qst/
A loud minority isnt a majority

>and the polls all showed antiquest-fags getting BTFO.

No one cares about straw polls or is even talking about them as they can be so easily manipulated
>>
>>46998878
>>46998958
Except that the original draft for /qst/ was very poorly thought out, the guy in charge has never opened a quest thread in his life and the feedback thread came out of the fucking blue and ended up being more of an ultimatum.

There was no previous discussion about this board between mods and quest goers, only people who seem to have had a say in its creation where the people bitching on /qa/
>>
Good talk, guys, but why are we even having it other than to masturbate to our own unsupportable opinions? People will either reject or (begrudgingly in many cases) accept the trial board that got sprung on the questing community five years late, and either /qst/ will pick up some more posters and improve its quality or it'll remain an isolated board filled with dead drawquests and half-baked stories starting with "you are x living in y, what do?"

Whatever happens comes down to what moderation decides, and that decision shouldn't be skewed by harassment or bullshitting from either side. Your personal saltiness, for or against any particular change or possibility, adds nothing of value to that process. It serves no point other than to frustrate everyone involved with the process.
>>
>>46999130
>As for the 'controversy' at its start: what, 6 or so years ago now? Real relevant.

Care to actually read my post? It would give you a start at actually responding to my argument instead of pretending I only talked about 6 years ago.

>>46999055
>>
>>46999146
Aparently they read ruby quest. Because name dropping still works right guys?
>>
>>46999152
The hopeful case is that people are willing to see the other side. I'm trying to see what bad comes out of /qst/ and what arguments are for keeping threads here.

Mods are also probably taking these discussions as feedback as well.
>>
>>46999154
Shove off anon.
Each part of the convo was compartmentalised, or would you like me to write a summery in full for every single post, and copy paste it each time I give a reply? If you think a miscommunication has happened, then re-iterate in a fashion that best convays your point across. I pretended fuck all, and you are trying to put words into my mouth. Get stuffed.
>>
>>46999152
>Good talk, guys, but why are we even having it other than to masturbate to our own unsupportable opinions? People will either reject or (begrudgingly in many cases) accept the trial board that got sprung on the questing community five years late, and either /qst/ will pick up some more posters and improve its quality or it'll remain an isolated board filled with dead drawquests and half-baked stories starting with "you are x living in y, what do?"

I would agree with that but there was always an appetite for a /qst/ board and the reason it wasnt created before always because 'there arent enough people'. There are enough people now and the only reason its not doing better than it is is because people are holding back trying to kill it so that quests will return to the unrelated traditional and tabletop game thread. But all this will do is kill quests in their entirety. I think its a do or die situation for quests right now, they could possibly entirely die off.
>>
>>46999183
Are you actually retarded? Quest aren't going to die when /qst/ does.
>>
>>46999181
Why would you seperate parts of the same sentence talking about the same thing? It wasnt a particularly long post in the first place so splitting it up results in you responding in a way that doesnt actually address my argument. My post already communicates it fairly well, you just need to respond in a fashion that actually relates to it.
>>
>>46999201
Have you looked at /tg/? One quest thread with any traffic and none of it is questing. Its quite reasonable to believe that after the quest community has split and then split again that there will be very few of them left over.
>>
>>46999183
That appetite was mainly not amoung quest goers though. So why would they go and be happy about a thing they neither wanted, nor had any say in making? Especially when it looks like it'll die under its own steam.

New quest basically require board lurkers who are interested in the quest subject to get off the ground. No lurkers = no new quests = dead board. While being a part of /tg/ or any other board, they will always find a playerbase. Its a quasi parasitic/symbiotic relationship. I would argue symbiotic since quest threads do encourage art creation and other story writers, and above all, /tg/ is famous for its various storytimes.
>>
Everyone should just go to Akun.
>>
>>46999230
but quests are for smut and waifus ;_;
>>
>>46999230
In addition: in a normal board environment its very very easy to tell new and old quests apart, in regards to if its an active thread. This makes finding something to participate in much, much easier than going on /qst/ and necrobumping dead threads.
>>
>>46999230
>New quest basically require board lurkers who are interested in the quest subject to get off the ground
Yes, which is why they should be allowed everywhere.
>>
>>46999176
>Mods are also probably taking these discussions as feedback as well.
Then they'll have seen these exact arguments play out repeatedly over 48 hours in the feedback sticky on /qst/, all of which told me that by and large the two sides are intractable. I'd HAD faith previously that a middle ground of "filter and let live" had been reached, but this entire fiasco has destroyed that sense of cautious optimism.

I hope I get to stay on /tg/, because I like all of the other content here better than being surrounded by the corpses of aborted drawquests and buggy features and the players I've picked up here are interested in and experienced with roleplaying games. But that doesn't entitle me to it, and if moderation decides to finally humor the anti-questers and kick me and "my ilk" off the board I like and think works for what I do then so be it.

So I say fuck it. I'll keep doing what I do, you can keep doing what you do, and the mods will look at it and make their decision. I can't make anyone chill out while that happens, but I'd certainly prefer it.
>>
>>46999230
There were lots of people on /tg/ who only came for the quests so I dont agree. I think the main problem right now is that people are being too stubborn to create them on /qst/, so while the lurkers have moved there the quests have disappeared and so the future of quests seem to be in doubt.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 691x831) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 691x831
>>46999117
Generated one, have fun with it.
>>
>>46999257
Were is not is, faggot.
>>
>>46999257
The future of quests is bollocks. There will always be people willing to play a quest and who are interested in the subject.

Remember that quests were born on /tg/, those types of people were always here, and will always will be. So what if the none tg'ers are not here anymore? That just means less stupid posters in said quests. Until they get known again.
>>
>>46999254
>I hope I get to stay on /tg/, because I like all of the other content here better than being surrounded by the corpses of aborted drawquests and buggy features and the players I've picked up here are interested in and experienced with roleplaying games. But that doesn't entitle me to it, and if moderation decides to finally humor the anti-questers and kick me and "my ilk" off the board I like and think works for what I do then so be it.

I dont see what the problem is. All there has to be are threads talking about quests and idea for quests and quest quotes etc like normal boards have. Quests were clearly too big for /tg/ yet they seem to be having a problem where no one wants to discuss them and a lot of people are holding back trying to get them on /tg/ where it will split again and end up with barely any questers.
>>
>>46999257
It seems that the amount of people who come to the board solely for quests is quite low, given how few want to leave the board.
>>
>>46999259
Excellent
>>
>>46999273
>Quests were clearly too big for /tg/
No.
>>
>>46999271
>The future of quests is bollocks. There will always be people willing to play a quest and who are interested in the subject.

Then I dont see the problem in a new board for them. They clearly have the activity, people just need to get to it rather than squabbling about it.
>>
>>46998993
Explain how 8% of the board, which is quests, makes a majority of the board and I won't dodge your point.

>>46999012
The number of people who hate quests has been tallied through use of unique IP count to about 30. On multiple boards.

The number of quest players/QMs is around 300, by same token.

There are FUCKLOAD more people than 330 on /tg/.
>>
>>46999286
>people just need to get to it rather than squabbling about it.
No, they fucking don't. It's clear that moving to /qst/ would kill quests, which nobody wants. And if you don't like something, you should try to stop it, not help it.
>>
>>46999289
>Explain how 8% of the board, which is quests, makes a majority of the board and I won't dodge your point.

They take up much more than 8% of the overall posts so I find that quite an idiotic point that defeats itself.

>The number of quest players/QMs is around 300, by same token.
>There are FUCKLOAD more people than 330 on /tg/.

Questers all post in lots of different threads at one time related to quests and none others. Theres no point them being on /tg/ because they dont do anything /tg/ related and they generate a lot of activity thats more than enough to have their own board. If anything this gives them a very good chance to be more visible and get more questers in so its more of a positive that this is happening.
>>
>>46999286
Said people are on normal boards anon. Everything posted on /qst/ is going to die off eventually except already established quests.

If /qst/ goes, there is nothing stopping them returning to /tg/ and everything returning to how it was a week ago.

The new board is a problem for reasons previously discussed.
>>
>>46999314
>They take up much more than 8% of the overall posts
How does that matter in any way?
>>
>>46999314
You really have not read the thread.
>>
>>46999313
It will ensure their survival. If quests got unpopular in /tg/ they would completely die. Now not only will they never die but they can do what they want and attract more questers
>>
>>46999314
>Questers all post in lots of different threads at one time related to quests and none others.
1 Tireless Tracker
1 Courser of Kruphix
1 Dakmor Salvage
1 Cavern of Souls
1 Dark Ritual
1 Life from the Loam
1 Darkblast
1 Oracle of Mul Daya
1 Exploration
1 Abrupt Decay
1 Transgress the Mind
1 Raven's Crime
1 Thoughtseize
1 Duress
1 Hymn to Tourach
1 Inquisition of Kozilek
1 Putrefy
1 Maelstrom Pulse
1 Crucible of Worlds
1 Expedition Map
1 Wasteland
1 Tectonic Edge
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Sylvan Library
1 Primeval Titan
1 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
1 Lotus Cobra
1 Eternal Witness
1 Crop Rotation
1 Bojuka Bog
1 Cabal Pit
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Toxic Deluge
1 Dark Confidant
1 Titania, Protector of Argoth
1 Green Sun's Zenith
1 Dryad Arbor
1 Liliana of the Veil
1 Scavenging Ooze
1 Dismember
1 Bloodstained Mire
1 Marsh Flats
1 Misty Rainforest
1 Polluted Delta
1 Verdant Catacombs
1 Windswept Heath
1 Wooded Foothills
1 Bayou
1 Overgrown Tomb
1 Homeward Path
1 Reclamation Sage
1 Nature's Claim
1 Sylvan Safekeeper
1 Regrowth
1 Volrath's Stronghold
1 Petrified Field
1 Blighted Fen
1 Temple of Malady
1 Barren Moor
1 Tranquil Thicket
6 Snow-Covered Forest
5 Snow-Covered Swamp
1 Sylvan Scrying
1 Command Tower
1 Beast Within
1 Llanowar Wastes
1 Edge of Autumn
1 Glacial Chasm
1 Pulse of Murasa
1 Languish
1 Hissing Quagmire
1 Deathrite Shaman
1 Hero's Downfall
1 Innocent Blood
1 Restore
1 Dust Bowl
1 Rishadan Port
1 Treetop Village
1 Drownyard Temple
1 Mutavault
1 Ruinous Path
1 Go for the Throat
1 Dark Petition
1 Seasons Past
1 Temple of the False God
1 Farseek
1 Rampant Growth
1 Into the North
1 Nature's Lore
1 Sakura-Tribe Elder
SB: 1 The Gitrog Monster

Right.
>>
>>46999324
>How does that matter in any way?

I dont know, ask him. It was his point that they are only 8% of threads but thats quite misleading because posts are activity but threads arent. I was merely correcting him
>>
>>46999316
If /qst/ goes then they have split again, remember there are almost no quests at all on /tg/ right now. If they split going to a new board they will split again returning and then they have a good chance at dying off
>>
>>46999330
Load of shit.

/qst/ is dividing a community, and seperating quests from its main source of new players, which is lurkers. No new players = no new quests = dead quests.
The board is a step in the direction of killing quests, not saving them. They never needed saving, they've been around 6 years (or so, someone correct me on this please). Thats longer than some trends that normally occur. If they are to die out well, they die out.

Don't pose as a savior while hefting an executioners axe.
>>
>>46999352
no matter, quests are a natural consequence of /tg/.
They'll grow back so long as they are not disallowed.
>>
>>46999352
Rubbish.

For a start: quests ebb and flow with time, we are in a lull, that is normal. People are in education and such forth.

Point no.2: Ive seen a good half dozen or more quests go on haitus while this all gets figured out. They arnt running at the moment due to /qst/ existing, because no one wants their work deleted by a mod or getting shitposted constantly (even though thats not happening).

The player base for /tg/ quests is from tg in the first place. That is not going anywhere.
>>
File: 1455751033869.jpg (28 KB, 303x311) Image search: [Google]
1455751033869.jpg
28 KB, 303x311
As a relatively neutral party, I've read over a lot of discussion about this, and the ONLY halfway decent point that I've seen in favour of keeping quests on /tg/ is the concern that moving them to /qst/ may stem the flow of new players. Which strikes as pretty silly, honestly. I think having a whole board for something would draw far more passersby than a subset of threads within a (relatively slow) board. And even if it didn't is it really worth having THIS big of a shitstorm over? The quest fanbase is obviously dedicated and could probably survive with hardly any new players indefinitely by the seems of it.
>>
>>46999360
>/qst/ is dividing a community
Only because mods are being nice and allowing quests to still exist here. Frankly they should start removing threads here altogether. You guys would throw hissy fits and eventually move on to the board.

Or just leave. Not like that would drastically alter 4chan.
>>
Ayeeo /wqdg/, I have some actual questions this time.

What do you expect most from a mech-centered action quest?
and;
What is your experience with music in quests and do you think it contributes meaningfully to the experience?
>>
>>46999390
>I think having a whole board for something would draw far more passersby than a subset of threads within a (relatively slow) board.
How often do you just go and say "Hmm, you know what I could do today? Visit a random new board on 4chan." That never happens.
>>
>>46999360
>>46999381
Theres no reason to believe they will go back to how they were if you got rid of /qst/ and a lot of reason to believe they wont. All of these people putting their quests on hold are killing their own community rather than being cautious or smart. Im not saying they will be 100% dead, but its very easy to believe that they will go near that and very hard to believe they wont.

There are likely already people who have given up and thats not going to grow when you split twice and end up on a board where no one has a clue that there are quests from the outside.
>>
>>46999390
I dunno.
neutrally speaking, "We didn't want it in the first place" is more than enough of an argument to me.
>>
>>46999088
>If someone is a dick long enough, it does not mean said dick is bigger, just that its petty and persistent.

I initially read that as "If someone's dick is long enough, it does not mean said dick is bigger."...
>>
>>46999419
Not him but I do quite a lot, especially if its new
>>
>>46999420
>and thats not going to grow

*quests arent going to grow
>>
>>46999390
>and the ONLY halfway decent point that I've seen in favour of keeping quests on /tg/ is the concern that moving them to /qst/ may stem the flow of new players.
Well, yeah. It's the main point.
>Which strikes as pretty silly, honestly. I think having a whole board for something would draw far more passersby than a subset of threads within a (relatively slow) board
Explain how the fuck this makes sense. On /tg/, non-questers can glance at a thread, see that it's about a subject that interests them (e.g. Roman mythology). They can hop into the thread, participate in that quest, and not touch any other quest again.

This cannot and will not happen on /qst/. People will not idly visit a board that doesn't immediately interest them, not when the newness wears off.
>And even if it didn't is it really worth having THIS big of a shitstorm over?
Yes, fucknugget. This is a pretty big deal for quests.
>>
>>46999273
>Quests were clearly too big for /tg/
Let me put it this way, for the benefit of people whose views have been too skewed by rhetoric to look at it this way on their own. Consider a general... let's say the Modern General. The current one has 66 IPs and is standing at 134 posts. When it inevitably hits autosage today or tomorrow another one will replace it. And then that one will get maybe a 100 IPs or more, hit autosage, and get replaced. And that will never be the ONLY MtG thread on the board: the Standard general does the exact same thing most days, as does the EDH general, as does the "flavor/waifu" general.

No single quest will ever get that number of IPs in it, except for Planefag and that's a real aberration in a LOT of ways. It will never hit autosage every time, and it'll never run 24/7. It will maybe run 6-8 hours, once or twice a week, and then it's gone. It kills itself and doesn't come back the next day. You will get maybe another handful like them that reach 1-200 posts each and then also go inactive, and those will be spread out through the day and eventually get forced off the board by new content.

If quests are a "problem", they're a self-solving one as the content constantly refreshes itself and each one draws in a different crowd to which it appeals. And they're absolutely not more of a "problem" due to their frequency and/or size than MtG: except more people tilt at quests for being "not muh /tg/". Which is purely subjective, and always will be.
>>
>>46999314
>Theres no point them being on /tg/ because they don't do anything /tg/ related
Prove this please.

>They take up much more than 8% of the overall posts
Prove this please.

>>46999390
It does not, as people who end up reading and participating in quests are more often than not drawn to them as they browse /tg/ doing other things, /a/ quests aside, as their presence on /tg/ was limited to a distinct timeframe.
>>
>>46999430
Not him but I don't, not at all.
>>
>>46999457
Each to their own, I know quite a lot of people who do
>>
>>46999390
The board fills up with bad mspaint quests and other cultures from other boards quests. Theres no ambient discussions about e.g. 40k to keep people around so that when someone pops up a 40k based quest, they join.

So: the place looks shit and theres nothing there to make people hang around. New quests dont get new players because no ones lurking, quest dies, now theres another dead quest littering the board that wont get picked up. Quests need to be attached to another board. Please see previous parasitic/symbiotic.

>>46999420
Debatable. People will keep an eye out regardless, hell people still watch for HMQ (to pick an example) despite the QM not posting for months at a time due to personal health issues. If a quest is good enough it can more than easily survive a silent period.

So long as its not 100% dead, it'll bounce back on its own.
>>
>>46999462
I don't.
>>
>>46999467
Lets be glad you arent everyone then
>>
Posted this in the feedback thread, but it's slow as fuck: what do people think about this?

Quests remain on /tg/. When you make a new thread, you can click a button to mark it as a "quest". Threads marked as "quest" function identically to threads on /qst/, formatting, IDs, tegaki and all. They can also be automatically filtered, if you choose an option for it.

Good? Horrible?
>>
>>46999446
Speaking for myself, if all quests are being shunted off to /qst/ chances are I'll only visit there when the quests I already follow are running. (and maybe a cursory glance at the new quests and see what catches my eye, that's it)
Otherwise I'll be back in /tg/
>>
>>46999478
You're the hero we deserve, but not the one they'll listen to.
>>
>>46999478
Works fine. Its just a quick version of a filter.
Most people don't care, so it'll not affect lurker population which quests need, those who do care won't see them AND wont have to fiddle with filter settings all the time. Life continues as normal.

Hopefully with the ID's being toggleable.
>>
>>46999478
I had a similar idea, however, unfortunately such a feature would be readily abused.

Shitposting with multicolored text and fucked up text + crudely drawn reaction images? Insane bump limits? Thread id's to further rile up feathers?

No thanks.
>>
>>46999478
So basically /qst/ but on this board for the special snowflakes.

No.
>>
>>46999486
honestly I'm just gonna wait for all this to die down and go back to questing on /tg/.
Just like after that whole nazimod scare.
>>
>>46999451
I think its wrong to compare a quest to a general. If there were a general with every quest in it the thread would be much higher than an MTG general. The problem is more to do with the quest community holding back so they can stay on /tg/.
>>
>>46999462
Same; honestly, I hang out here because I got linked a quest ages ago and /tg/ proved relevant to my interests in other ways too and if I hadn't stumbled upon it through that I likely wouldn't be here at all.
>>
>>46999504
Totally ignoring the entire reason we don't like that board.
No lurkers = no new quests = dead board.
Of course people are holding back, they don't want their community to die a slow and painful death. "But it could work!" No, no it will not.
>>
>>46999478
I mean if a way is worked out to code it so that hiding quests is a vanilla feature for which there is no excuse of "but I don't wanna use an extension/filter/etc", and failing to properly mark a quest is punishable with a ban/warning/deletion?

Hell fucking yes. I'm a /tg/ QM and I approve this message, how do I sign up for your newsletter?
>>
>>46999522
There are more than enough questers to support a board. The reason it doesnt have more activity is because people are holding back. Thats not the same thing
>>
>>46999390
>The quest fanbase is obviously dedicated and could probably survive with hardly any new players indefinitely by the seems of it.
Larger quests, with QMs that have lots of followers on twitter, yes. Smaller quests and new quests are likely to be decimated since the only traffic they're going to be visible to is players who go to the new board for another quest. You're looking at a future where the only quests active are the ones that either pander to the masses or become noticed by extremely vocal individuals who can spread the word.
>>
>>46999506
Thats generally how people go to new boards
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.