[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warmahordes General /whg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 17
File: 1450162476676.png (1 MB, 1327x886) Image search: [Google]
1450162476676.png
1 MB, 1327x886
Nervous aticipation edition
Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader <dot> com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
https://www.forwardkommander.com
http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Jan%202016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: http://pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

Thread question: What are your hopes/fears for your faction/caster in Mk3?
>>
>What are your hopes/fears for your faction/caster in Mk3?
>Khador

Hopes is that they'll be brought up to being something other than shit-tier.

Fear is that they'll get shit on like they have been.
>>
>>46994959
>Fear is that they'll get shit on like they have been.
To clarify, like they have been in Mk2. Mk3 is actually looking to be good for Khador.
>>
>>46994835
>Legion

I know and accept we're going to be nerfed and will also be less beast-focused I'm just hoping they don't go too overboard with it, what we saw of cryx left me optimistic about the changes though and it'll be nice to be rid of the shitters that only wanted to play the overpowered army
>>
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 612x816) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216 KB, 612x816
No fears because I've barely played MKII so I won't notice most changes.

I collect Cryx and I have banes so I'm hoping this edition will change people's disposition towards playing against my faction.

Also hoping to see eMortenebra and eKarchev. The position of Chief Necrtotech has been vacant for a while and I believe four years have passed since Karchev's escape?
>>
>>46994959
Muh tough errants wtih DW aren't op anymore...what am I to do?

Also My favorite casters minus Amon <3 I still need to get Testament, but he is a dank meme.
>>
>>46995141
Pic needs more disapointed parent.
>>
>>46995163

Part of me expects that the Book WONT loose the "no knockdown" but Errants will probably be nerfed slightly (probably by loosing weapon master if I had to guess) and maybe Piper wont be able to give them Tough or wont have Tough granting as an ability.

If they loose Self Sac I will be surprised because that is basically the most compelling thing about them.
>>
>>46994835
>Thread question: What are your hopes/fears for your faction/caster in Mk3?
>Circle

I am sure that eMorv is going to get slapped around in some way, probably limiting her feat more (maybe making her pay per wound she restores). I just hope that eKrueg isn't hurt too much. Also, please keep eKromac viable and make Bradigus useful but not OP.

Fix goats too.
>>
>>46994835

>Menoth

Hopes: Amon ends up being the 1 caster who doesn't loose Synergy. Amon also gets some kind of defensive tech that makes him able to survive in the mid field.
Also, I am really hoping they make the Cleanser UA not the worst UA in the game like it is now.

Fear: The changes in Choir that no longer buff to-hit kill the Menoth gun line by just making it too inaccurate.
Menoth jacks continue to have no real way to get pathfinder.
Now Menoth is stuck without the accurate guns but still reliant on jacks that can't walk over terrain.
I think that would be horrendous honestly. I like the Menoth gun battery but they are loosing a lot of accuracy. I hope the free focus can help make up for it and/or they get some way to give jack Pathfinder normally (maybe a new spell on the Vassal). Otherwise they just become kind of shitty jacks and Menoth doesn't have the casters or infantry to fall back on like Cryx/Khador has to make up for shitty jacks.

I may be exaggerating a bit though.
>>
>>46996286
>Fear: The changes in Choir that no longer buff to-hit kill the Menoth gun line by just making it too inaccurate.
All the jacks will get a free focus. Just use it to boost to-hit and there isn't an accuracy problem.
>>
Any recommendation for good sources of battle reports? Specifically Menoth ones?
>>
>>46996279

Honestly... I have always liked the goats.

I have always felt that the goat heavies have had interesting designs. They were all built to be power attack machines of one type or another and I kind of like that design philosophy for them.

I've always felt they are underutilized really. The Shadowhorn has 11" base where he can move to an area, over top of shit, and doublehand throw something important out for your army to kill. As a skorne player, the Gnarlhorn always seemed like a weaker but faster Gladiator who is a great assassination tool and can really slam/follow up onto shit your enemy doesn't want to die. Also Bounding seems like a legit animus.

I could see boosting their dmg output a bit but I've always liked the way they were designed. They just aren't the typical "smash my heavy into your heavy to kill it" model. Unless of course you are thinking about the Riphorn who is actually amazing. I don't know why nobody takes that guy.
>>
>>46996466
>I don't know why nobody takes that guy.
Same problem all Circle heavies have, he's not a Warpwolf Stalker.
>>
>>46996331

That's kind of my point though is, I hope that is enough to compensate. Before Menoth jacks typically DID boost to hit anyway and still missed a good portion of the time and Menoth wasn't winning anything prizes for range output.

Menoth didn't have a problem giving out focus before. Most of the time, our casters job was to hand out focus for shit because Menoth casters don't usually have tons of spells worth casting every turn.

If the jacks output are lowered by accuracy but our casters still have nothing to cast in the new edition, the extra focus just kind of sits around because we got nothing to cast anyway. I guess we'd just have to take MORE jacks and fill it out with volume of attacks.

I hope you get my point. If they are taking away that range accuracy but just replacing it with something we had already, it's not a net neutral, it's still a net loss and it;s not like Menoth jacks were (pardon the pun) lighting the world on fire despite being genuinely good jacks.

So I am just saying, I hope it gets compensated for somewhere else. If Menoth jacks loose the range accuracy but gain a way to get pathfinder reliably, then they can compensate with more melee jacks who have suffered horribly because, despite being real good, dudes like the Avatar and Templar aren't taken because they get shut down by trees. Basically erasing them from certain matchups.
>>
>>46996286
>the Cleanser UA
I want them to change it into a solo that can still make flame walls
>>
>>46996619
All Menoth jacks are getting +1 MAT. PP is obviously looking to make Menoth jacks more melee oriented.

I'm assuming the mantle of ranged jacks is going to get handed to Cygnar.

Meanwhile I'm over here playing Khador wondering if even a free focus will make our jacks worthwile outside of WJ point filler.
>>
>>46996557

I actually think Circle players get trapped into the "porting X to X" mindset sometimes.

If you got someone with a spd boost, you could just charge a Riphorn into an enemy, bulldoze through some shit to a heavy and beat it's fucking shit in. Sometimes lateral threat range is fine.

Then again, I AM a Skorne player.
>>
>>46996466
>>46996557

Honestly, I love the goats and use them whenever I can. I just hope they expand power attacks and make the current ones more coherent. That was why I initially played Trolls and loved the Mauler so much. It's like a Riphorn that has an animus that matters. Increasing all the goats to 1" melee is going to help them in a big way already.

Of course the Stalker is held as the gold standard, but in truth I don't like using it as much and find myself wishing I used the other heavies more. Maybe I'll get a chance in Mk3
>>
>>46996668

I had a similar idea of just letting it be able to make the wall plus still letting the unit make the AOE cloud. That way it lets the Cleansers cover a huge board space against infantry.

That is a cool idea though. I think the Flame Wall as an idea is hugely under used.
>>
File: Ryhas-senpai.jpg (314 KB, 700x980) Image search: [Google]
Ryhas-senpai.jpg
314 KB, 700x980
>>46995100
If I can keep pic related I'm happy
>>
>>46996619
>That's kind of my point though is, I hope that is enough to compensate. Before Menoth jacks typically DID boost to hit anyway and still missed a good portion of the time and Menoth wasn't winning anything prizes for range output.

>RAT8-9 Jacks(9-10 Under Sevvy)

>Boosting to Hit
>>
>>46996672

Yeah. I just hope it's not a "we want to focus more on melee jacks" but still don't let them get around the major thing that was preventing Menoth players from taking melee jacks in the first place.

As for Khador, I don't know. I am desperately hoping they get a Rat buff. Khador is so fucking weird. They have so many jacks with good guns but the shittiest accuracy and no real accuracy buffs worth a shit (I'm looking at your Greylords).

I super want Khador jacks to be base RAT 5 at least and for their Character jacks with guns (Behemoth) to get RAT boosts. That and/or I hope Khador gets some kind of REAL buff or debuff unit/solo to help their jacks.

If Greylords could, say, mark a model/unit that let your army hit them easier or debuffed their Def, it would be great. If something could "tune up" your jacks to give them additional die to hit, it would be cool.

Khador jacks biggest problem is accuracy. If Choir is loosing their to-hit buff, I hope Khador gets it.
>>
>>46996807

Rat 7, 8 under Sevvy. Just because we had Reckoners doesn't mean we always have Flare on what we're trying to hit.

Also, even being Rat 8, you'd be surprised how much you miss. And, again, it's not like Menoth was really winning big because of those accurate guns.

Legion still had Menoth beat simply because they could shoot AND were fast AND could go over terrain AND had decent spells to cast AND even better Fury/Focus efficiency.

Menoth denial is honestly not a huge factor right now except for Harby/Errants.

Menoth is stagnant. Nothing is moving it forward and they are perennial mid-carders. Not a "great" faction but not a "bad" faction.
>>
>>46996809
I love how the behemoth is rat 4 even though it has a whole cortex dedicated just to the bombards.
>>
>>46996809
>If Greylords could, say, mark a model/unit that let your army hit them easier or debuffed their Def, it would be great.
They already kind of have that. Ice Cage has a cumulative -2 DEF.

But the thing is, with magic ability 7, the shit you want to drop the DEF on they won't hit anyway.
>>
>>46996898
Now if only it had eyes dedicated to that Cortex.
>>
>>46996868
Aiming.

It's called aiming.
>>
>>46996672
Vigilant buff when?
>>46996557
Make Argus great again.
>>
>>46996711
Hopefully they will at least give Feral some usefull animus.
>>
>>46997402
>play Khador
>jacks too slow to make it far enough up the board on turn 1 to aim on turn 2
>even if they aim it only brings RAT up to 6

Life is suffering.
>>
>>46995141
>eMorty
Sorry chap, but it was confirmed in the NQ that eMorty was a slip up: it isn't habbening anytime soon.
>>
from the khador forums:

>So as some of you may know we have two senior pp staff at kingdom con. I got to play two games with them today!!!!! Great times and fantastic reps for their company.
>It would have been very rude to ask them about specific spoilers but i did ask them what they were trying as a first goal to accomplish with big red in mark 3.
>What they said was that they found out that arm 20 just isn't that a great. The. Trick is that they didn't want the game to devolve into a 15 round slug fest with jacks taking a point of damage a turn. Mk3 for big red is in big part trying to find that balance so we can be the tough hard hitting axe to face faction.
>>
>>46996331
yep, you're not seeing the problem because you're not a devout menite.
The problem is that everyone gets a free focus, so menoth can only be as accurate as they used to be IF they use up that free focus.
Other WJs from other factions, with higher base stats can now also use that free focus.

So menoth jacks used to be bad, but were buffed to awesome
in mk3 menoth jacks are bad, and become average with the choir buff

Unless of course the buffs have been spread out a little more evenly in the faction, and the accuracy buff is elsewhere?
>>
>>46997541
>Vigilant buff when?
implying that the Vigilant needed one.
Of course if PP is dishing out buffs, then hell yeah I'll have a buff on the Vigilant too plz !
>>
>>46997563
i hope they nerf the stalker into fluffy puppy mode so that other beasts actually have a chance to shine.
>>
PLAYABLE

MAN-O-WARS

WHEN.
>>
>>46998125
Trying to get any info out of PP staff is akin to drawing water from a stone.
This contractually obliged must be pretty harsh if they slip up, maybe something like "your children will be fed to wolves"
>>
>>46998148
Yes of course it needed and it NEEDS. Give 16 S+P damage on fists lol. No really buff his fists and give him Devout's stuff.
>>
>>46998157
It's been said that manowars are going to be staples this edition
>>
>>46998143
You know RAT5 is pretty bog standard for a jack, right?

It's no worse than 90% of the ranged jacks in the game.
>>
>>46998375
LaughingHunters.png
>>
>>46998243
>>46998157
MKIII MoW and Kossites (yes, fucking KOSSITES) will be cancer as fuck.
>>
>Skorne
>Hopes
We aren't the worst non-Minion faction
>Fears
We are still the worst non-Minion faction
>>
>>46994835
> What are your hopes/fears for your faction/caster in Mk3?
>Khador
GIVE ME GOOD MEN O WAR AND GIVE THEM TO ME NOW!
>>
> What are your hopes/fears for your faction/caster in Mk3?

Circle:

Hopes: Nerf Goatvahna so we can get decent troops, tweak Moshar enough to keep him competitive, fix Grayle entirely, sweet Jesus, and pls gib ranged support caster. Argus fixes would be good, too. I really just want some better troop support. War wolf as a lesser would be pretty dope, too.

Fears: Ravagers remain crap, Skinwalkers get nerfed, eKromac gets toned down.
>>
>> What are your hopes/fears for your faction/caster in Mk3?
Our casters actually offer different play styles our jacks don't be shit for once.
>>
>>46999282
...What faction?
>>
>>46994835
>CoC
They get pretty much any nerfs. They're already something of a balancing act between good / bad and with every faction getting what used to be their gimmick I see them losing lots of power already. The Foundry nerf doesn't help big I'm willing to let it slide since it makes sense.

Also fix Perforators
>>
>>46998707
Kossites being good? well thats totally awesome.
>>46999310
Bet its khador.
>>46999162
Two ley-lines to your druilidic house, sir.
>>
>>46999416
They're going to get nerfed to utter shit. Plus they won't get to run jacks at all.
>>
>>46999546
Khador makes me sad, because they have objectively the coolest looking 'jacks in the game, and a lot of them are pretty decent, but they don't have a lot of 'jack casters.
>>
>>46996167
I don't know, Errants loosing Weapon Master just doesn't make sense. Every Single Exemplar Model that isn't a warnoun (looking at you Mikael) was one Weapon Master attack.
>>
I play Legion, so I get the feeling I might be seeing some nerfs coming my way.
eLylyth is definitely on the chopping block. I can only hope that p/eVayl can transition without getting nerfed, but I've pretty much accepted that Machinations of Shadow in its present state is going to be no more.

That being said, I kind of feel like Legion already played like how PP intended every other faction to play: big emphasis on the battlegroup, lots of beasts, infantry usable but rarely spammed. Hopefully the new edition leaves us relatively unscathed and ends with us getting some new tools to keep us competitive.
>>
>>46998155
It's not that the stalker needs a nerf (although it'll get one), it's that every other beast aside from it, Gheto, and Gorax need a buff.
>>
>>46996672
I mean I already can say with some certainty they're not gonna get worse really but I think oddly enough we're getting a boost in the form of volume of attacks. I mean the Grolar is gonna probably get D3 shots and maybe that wonky use a focus to buy more shots rule. The Decimator now gets two shots without spending focus and the Destroyer...is there? I mean he he can at least boost the shot now. If we're lucky they'll bump its AOE effect to 4inch or something.
>>
>>46997353
True but if all three or two and a solo with it hit that's a DEf5 model that needs to shake that effect. Honestly, Im fine with magic ability seven as it makes them middle of the road in that they are able to Ice shotgun most infantry blobs that get close and can at least slow down or flat out halt something big and scary so our jacks can get some solid hits in.
>>
>>47000048
You could have said the same about Banes.

Every single Bane model was a Weapon master...until MKIII.
>>
>>46995100
>>47000049

I'm honestly not too worried about Legion.

There's still a few people around that think Legion is the Hordes Cryx, but it didn't warp the meta to force you to play around them like Cryx did. Checking out some of the big name tournaments you'll find Legion making good placings, but Circle places at about the same rate.

I feel like Legion's nerfs are going to mostly come from broad rule changes than specific models getting the nerfbat.

I do hope Nephilim become more viable because I always thought those guys were pretty cool.
>>
>>46996672
They're not all getting +1 MAT. They corrected themselves literally 10 minutes after that was posted in the forums. No menoth jack will be less than MAT 6, but only a couple are getting bumped up to 7.
>>
>>47000455
Bane riders beg to differ
>>
>>47000533
Time to buy a guardian
>>
>>46996672
It's the Guardian chassis only. Still, that gives a Mat7 blessed jack with a shield and innate spell immunity as well as a Mat7 reach jack with powerful charge and crit pitch (and is also an arc node). Neither are going to be bad by a long shot.
>>
>>46994835
>Cryx

I just want a strategy that isn't "spam more dudes." I'm fine with the general swarm mentality of the faction, I just want some more 'jacks on the board.

Thankfully, it's looking like I might get what I want.
>>
>>46994835
>Skorne
I want warlocks to be diversified in playstyle. At present all you can do as Skorne is apply army to face and hope for the best. The only real exceptions are 1) Mak3da the super solo, 2) Rasheth the spell slinging titan spammer, and 3) Mordikaar who can actually play a control game relatively well.

I also want infantry to be buffed. Nihilators and Incendiarii are accidentally countered too easily, and those models can't fall back on stats. I'd like Nihilators to go from 13/13 to 14/12, and Incendiarii to gain a point of armour because they're supposed to be heavily armour and 15 doesn't feel like enough in that regard.

Beasts I'm fine with. Feel free to bump up Karn's cost, but leave it at that because fiddling with his statline or abilities might just make him garbage. Imagine him losing Sidestep. Just don't touch the Bronzeback.
>>
>>47000853
I think it'd be reasonable to have Cataphracts go up to arm 16 or 17. And similarly, all of our infantry needs to be looked at. There is a reason we ran Nihilators, Cataphracts, and Minion auxilliaries: our other options just got slaughtered before they could get there, were too slow, lacked threat range, and/or couldn't hit reliably. At least Nihlators could maybe get a few good tough rolls, deliver 2 or 3 guys at mat7, and still get a lot of work done.

This problem with our infantry is honestly why I've been playing Zaal2's tier list. It offsets Immortals weaknesses (spd4, mat6, false synergy with Ancestral Guardians) and lets you deliver your army mostly intact with the feat while also maintaining a good scenario and attrition game. He is a delivery mechanism, but you can still surprise people with good spell assassinations and just not dying; give him a try if you have the models. There have been several games where I've tabled people and lost maybe 15 Immortals. I can only see him getting stronger in mk3 with the changes to UA rules and now being able to collect souls from Immortals.

Agonizer is probably going to get adjusted too, especially since it's a lessrr beast. At least it should be able to be used by casters who couldn't fuel it previously. Probably won't deny focus allocation though.

I disagree concerning Molik. He's strong, but our current options for him mean that the wrong spell or ability could make his hit-and-run or assassination game too strong. Additionally, I think Fate Walker limits how our casters can be designed because being able to walk 6+ inches back after applying buffs/debuffs/etc. innately makes our casters play a lot safer. I'd rather Fate Walker get removed, give Molik Sprint and a different animus, and instead increase our front line caster's fury, stats, and survivability.
>>
>>47001266
>Muh infantry delivery
I've recently been toying with the idea of running Naaresh's No Pain, No Gain list largely because it lets you bring Nihilators to your opponent's face really fast. Nihilators die to a breeze anyway so using Iron Flesh to get them to 16/13 is better than Defender's Ward putting them at 15/15 to me. I just wish Naaresh himself wasn't such a jack-of-all-trades, or at least had reach so Cyclone felt like it could be used offensively rather than serving as notSprint. Actually I only need two Nihilators units to get the easy tier 4. Damn shame you can't bring Tyrant Zaadesh since Reptile Hound spam with Tag Team is brutal. Put Enrage on half a dozen dogs and watch them chew through heavies on feat turn with PS14+4d6 on 3 attacks, then not die to infantry next turn because +3ARM and a lot of boxes for their cost.

God damn I'm getting erect, my next purchase might just be 4 more dogs and another unit of Nihilators. I'll make sure to scream LET LOOSE THE DOGS OF WAR at opportune moments.
>>
>>47000469
>Legion didn't warp the meta to force you to play around them like Cryx did

Tell that to Circle and Cygnar players.
>>
>>47001690
>No Pain, No Gain
Proper NPNG or improper?
>>
>>46996432
WarGamerGirl just uploaded Menoth v. Khador an hour ago. Check her channel for more.
>>
>>47002528
Tier 4. But the problems I'm seeing are that 1) Nihilators either get shot off the table or rebound off self-sacrifice or something dumb, and 2) as much as you have a lot of Handlers, you want a LOT of beasts, especially Reptile Hounds. And outside of feat turn nothing can really crack heavy armour.
>>
>>47002716
No pain is full memelist, as is Naaresh.
Get spiky dice and have fun, if you get shot off the table it's clearly BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T DO PROPER HOKSUNE
>>
>>46996432
Not sure about Menoth specifically, but Advanced Maneuver's channel is pretty good.
>>
>>46998155
I mean, if you want to nerf the faction into an unplayable mess go ahead.

The Stalker isn't too good, everything else is too shit.
>>
>>47002545
it is a mk2.5 game?

btw, anyone experimented with the stopgap rules?
>>
>>47003081
I don't know what mk2.5 is but she said on the forums it was her last mk2 report before mk3.

miniwargaming is a good channel too
>>
>>47003373
>I don't know what mk2.5 is

Basically it's just incorporating the so far spoiled mechanics from Mk3.
>>
>>47003081

I'm going to try the new jack focus rules and 1 inch reach along with premeasuring with a friend of mine later today.

My friend is a fairly new player who bought into the idea that the game would be more jack focused, so he bought a lot of light jacks for his Ret army based on another friend's advice who is pretty terrible at the game.

I think at least using these rules he can play more of the army he thought he was playing, even if he was somewhat misinformed.
>>
>>47003373
>I don't know what mk2.5 is

>Standard game sizes are 25 and 40. All casters get +10 WJ/WB points.
>Pre-measuring is permitted.
>All models are considered to have Fearless.
>Power Up and Spirit Bond are in effect.
>Skill tests are automatically passed.
>Tough doesn't work if you're knocked down.
>Destroyed jacks don't create wreck markers.
>You can use new cards if available. For PC, use Mk3 PC / 2, rounded up.
>Non-reach heavies all go to melee RNG 1.
>You can use new rules / stats, if known. e.g. Test out Morghoul2 with the new feat.
>No MK2 theme forces are allowed.
>You must be completely within a terrain piece or a cloud to get the relevant cover/concealment/elevation benefits.
>>
>>47004095
>Tough doesn't work if you're knocked down
Wait so that's the big change Troll players are whining about? That they can't RNG their way out of trouble?
>>
>>47004361
The real complaint is that a lot of troll models are bad for their points because they have native Tough. Troll players are probably grumbling and assuming that it won't get readjusted in some form or fashion because of the change
>>
>>47004399
most troll units will probably get at least half a point drop (1 pt in MK3 point system) to compensate.
most stuff is getting readjusted in one way or another.
>>
>>47004457
Oh I totally agree that PP will do something. But that's why they're whining.
>>
>>47004399
So basically, pKreoss is going to buttfuck Troll players with ease.
>>
>>47004514
I'm worried that they're going to give Kreoss the pSorscha treatment and make him rely on sight.
>>
>>47004542
highly unlikely.
>>
>>46996432
Check out Advanced Manuvers on youtube, they only sometimes make mistakes.

>>47002545
I really don't care for how she edits her videos. I prefer static top down view
>>
>>47004514
Trolls still have a bunch of Steady models, Janissa, Runeshapers, Kriel Warriors with UA, burning Fire Eaters, drunken Borka1, Gargantuans, everything under Sure Foot.... Assuming they're still Steady and there's no Purification to turn off Madrak's Sure Foot or fire on Fire Eaters.
>>
>>47004457
I imagine the UAs will grant no sleeping on the jerb
>>
>>47004680
I can go either way on camera placement as long as the battle report doesn't have background noise.
>>
>>46998143
>Other WJs from other factions, with higher base stats can now also use that free focus.
Ah, yes, you'll be so worse off than RAT 4 Khador.
>>
File: Karchev.jpg (347 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Karchev.jpg
347 KB, 600x600
>>46999608
>Khador
>jack caster

Khador has a jack caster.

Oh wait, you mean one that can run warjacks well, not one that is literally a warjack.
>>
>>47003802
I mean, if they have a bunch of Griffons and eVyros it can be solid.
>>
>>47005066
>Khador
>Needing to Shoot Things
Excuse me Speed 4 arm 19 less boxes and lack of pathfinder.

But I also Don't really care about the Choir Nerf they were an auto include in ever list, except maybe Kreoss2 CoS Tier.
>>
I'm curious to see how something like this will play in mk3.

>Kommander Harkevich, the Iron Wolf
>Behemoth
>Conquest
>War dog
>Battle Mechaniks (Leader and 5 Grunts)
>Great Bears of Gallowswood
>Winter Guard Infantry (Leader and 9 Grunts)
>Winter Guard Infantry Officer & Standard
>3 Winter Guard Infantry Rocketeers
>Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich
(49/50)
>>
>>47005600
>Harkevich

that heavily depends on what Hark is doing in the new edition.
>>
>>47006239
I really hope they get rid of fortune on him. It's the most meaningless spell he has
>>
File: PEPE PLAYS TROLLS.jpg (100 KB, 317x714) Image search: [Google]
PEPE PLAYS TROLLS.jpg
100 KB, 317x714
OK WICH ONE OF U DID THIS?
>>
hey guys, i'm sure you get this question LOADS so i won't write an essay here, but could anyone explain the playstyles of the races to me, or link to a resource that does? i'm interested only in warmachine armies (robots > monsters you feel?)
>>
>>47006346
It's meant to be the RAT buff for the ranged jacks, so I doubt it.
>>
>>47007032
Everyone can do just about everything, they just do it with better or worse than other factions.

Cygnar tends to do it with better tech and more fragile units.

Menoth tends to do it with better synergy and weaker individual models.

Khador tends to do it with strong single models and superior manpower, but with cruder machines and worse tech.

Cryx tends to do things with ghosts and shenanigans but has trouble with straightforward brawls.

Mercenaries have a bit of everything but make due with last year's technology, albeit suped up by geniuses sometimes.
>>
>>47007032
>>47007102

retribution does it with so much stealth you forget about them until it's too late ;^)
>>
>>47007032
In general, warcaster choice has as much of an effect on playstyle as faction choice does, but in general

Cyngar - Lots of really accurate shooting. Some of the best infantry clear in the game at range especially. Warjacks tend to be more expensive, with a lot of weird abilities, but lack raw power. Warcasters generally play a supporting role.

Khador - Good, elite infantry. Very durable, in general, Warcasters tend to be very focus starved, but very, very powerful. Warjacks are meant to be tough and powerful, but generally pretty slow.

Menoth - Denial in spades. Menoth is very good at telling their opponent no. Used to be the premier jack faction of the main factions, the new edition has hit them in some spots so who knows how that will pan out. Some of the weakest warcasters in the game, defensively, Menoth plays back.

Cryx - Swarm tactics. Lots of infantry, very few combat jacks. Warcasters are some of the best spellcasters in the game, with huge ability to debuff the enemy and make their armies amazing.

Mercs - A huge slew of stuff, all over the place.

Ret - Assassination focus, with shooting as a secondary. Many of their things are designed to be dual purpose, and almost all their jacks comes with a gun and a melee weapon.

Convergence - Not a main faction, but the best jack faction. Does a lot of really weird shit. Have some of the best recursion in the game. Almost all of their stuff isn't very good on it's own, but the faction is designed to build off each other to do great things.

All of this is very general, and more rooted in Mk2 ideas. How much changes or survives is a question for two months from now.
>>
>>47001690
If they're with Zaadesh, they're not part of Naaresh's battlegroup and don't benefit from the feat.
>>
>>47007852
Reptile Hounds with flanking, Enrage, and feat would be 14+4d6 in Naaresh's battlegroup, if I recall their PS being 9 correctly. Could be fun using a Bronzeback to give a squadron of dogs beatback so they can do some serious infantry chewing.
>>
>>47007076
No khador player puts fortune on a ranged jack.
>>
>>47008352
Before? Sure.

In Mk3? Who knows.
>>
>>47007076
you better off putting it on Rifle Corps, or Nyss, or Pikemen.
it's model/unit after all.
>>
>>47008367
No one puts fortune on a ranged jack
>>
When is the next insider supposed to come out?
>>
>>47009368
Monday.
Every weekday.
>>
>>47008622
I'd put the fuck out of Fortune on an Assimilator or Prime Axiom.
>>
I wish there was a Hordes faction with gorilla warbeasts.
>>
>>47010734
That might be the next faction, it might be Zu, which is a jungle continent.
>>
Do you think the inspiration for Menoth & Devourer was the Hammerite Order and pagans from thief?
>>
>>47010790
An entire continent as one faction? Or just 'a faction from zu'
>>
>>47009368
>>47009383
With less than six weeks to go and so many factions left I think they're going to do two faction Insiders per week. Probably one early and one late in the week.
>>
>>47011124
What Factions have been done? Cryx?
>>
>>47010855
A faction from Zu, probably.
>>
I NEED TO KNOW HOW RET IS BEING CHANGED
PP PLS
hype
>>
>>47011845
Yup. That's the only one. We also know that Cygnar will be one of the last spoiled.
>>
>>47012369
NO ONE KNOWS
Hope it's good for you guys
>>
How is the relationship between protectorate and khador
>>
>>47012852
Strained as hell. At first, Khador was not past looking the other way when people were smuggling parts into Menite hands, because it meant more trouble for Cyngar.

However, a very large portion of Khador are Menites themselves, though they're of the Old Faith. Some Menites wish to join their brothers in the south on their crusade, and others can often be convinced to do so by Menite priests. Khador's not real happy about losing people, so they've started to crack down on them.

Recently, Harby and Reznik took over one of Vlad's major cities in the his new terrority, converting the entire population to Menoth's worship. It happened right as the final battles were going down, so the aftermath of it is still unknown.

Many Menites are pretty pissed about the Khadorian Menites not being a part of the crusade as well, something most consider a holy duty.
>>
>>47012950
>its a religious nuts hate the nationalist episode

desert peasants.
>>
>>46994835
Hopes? Epic Ashlynn, more resistance support. Fears? None really.
>>
>Cygnar

Hopes? Heavy infantry, weapon master (not specifically on heavy infantry). Tweaked storm division units. Less popular casters given some attention. Showing what 2 year timeskip does to a high tech faction. Running warjacks better than anyone short of convergence with their special rules.

Fears? Still a couple casters considered the best and exclusively seen, being told I've gotta take mercs to replace sub-par in-faction, my dreams of a storm division still being sub-par choices.
>>
>>47016275
You're going to see a lot less mercs already. Lot of spells are going to friendly faction instead of just friendly.
>>
>>47016275
If Sloan is good in Mk 3 I'm gunna have a really hard time not wanting to start Cygnar. I own Sloan and a Journeywoman as is.
>>
>>46996286

The only Menoth jack that really needed accuracy with its shots was the Reckoner, and with flare up, everything got another +2.

The Vanquisher just tossed out 4 inch AOE templates and set stuff on fire. Accuracy was never what the Vanquisher was about.

The Redeemer was effectively RAT 1, so going to RAT 3 wasn't a huge help there anyway. Not to mention that with the changes to RoF, the Redeemer can now boost every single one of its shots instead of just one. A net gain in terms of accuracy. But again, accuracy is never what the Redeemer was about.

Ditto for the Judicator.

Repenter made good use of the +2, but Repenter was never really part of the Menoth "gun line" and compensated with the spray template.

Menoth is about spreading around the fire with less than totally accurate templates, not gaining a criminally high +4 (Choir + Flare and +5 if we include Eye of Menoth) bonus on shooting.

Even without Choir, you're still sitting at a Rat 7 (without boosting) after tagging with something with Flare.

And we're seeing defenses getting lowered, stealth going away, and everything in general getting easier to kill.
>>
Does anyone have a link to a download for No Quarter 64? The one in the OP isn't working for me; my PDF reader says the file's corrupted, and I've tried to download it twice.
>>
>>46998559
>LaughingHunters.png

You're going to compare average RAT in the game to a model that is little more than a gun with a warjack attached?
>>
>>47012950
The Protectorate also cockblocked Khador's conquest of the eastern half of Llael.
>>
>>47016275
Cygnar probably won't get Heavy Infantry same as Khador won't get light warjacks. And given how good light jacks with guns and Cygnar RAT are probably going to be under Power Boost I'd say it's a fair trade.
>>
>>47016945

this should work

vk com/doc263922796_437397770?hash=f21f06f8cfe6766f46&dl=a25db51caf5549ac12
>>
>>47016910
I'm really only sad about the Repenters. I loved those little guys. A few RAT 7 sprays really kept my opponents honest.
>>
>>47006884

It was kind disappointing reading that Insider and finding out that they dropped the hanging stones on his upraised arm because it somehow wasn't possible. I have a feeling GW would have been able to accomplish it.

In a way it kind of feels like PP is the opposite of GW is that they don't feel like they have to really care about one of their weaknesses (PVC plastic) because their rules are good.

Not really related, but it also occurred to me if them suddenly using colored plastic is them somehow trying to attract X-Wing players in addition to making things more colorful and less confusing.
>>
Wonder what the new Ret caster is going to be like?
>>
>>47017270
>them suddenly using colored plastic is them somehow trying to attract X-Wing players in addition to making things more colorful and less confusing.
It super isn't, it's just so new players don't get things all jumbled up when you've got Starter v Starter and a horrible jumbled mess of grey plastic that might all look the same to the uninitiated.
>>
>>47017320

also mixed in with that is it lessens the pressure to paint, making it look less daunting to get into for someone new
>>
Any news on the Cephalyx? I was looking at staŕting them up but I'm waiting for mk3.
>>
>>47017416
So far, only news are that "they're getting new units and a caster at some point" and "monstrosities in mark 3 will be able to hold 3 focus over a turn like a Hydra myrmidon can."
>>
>at some point

Oh so sometime far in the future when PP deigns to grace us with their favor. Gotcha.
>>
>>46998707
MoW Kossites when? they're basically MoW with two axe-cannons and an ability-type-thing that lets them go FUCK YO TREES!
>>
>>46999310
Ret
>>
>>47005118
He should get a Colossal Epic form.
>>
>>47017722
Same deal as with the Convergence.
>>
>>47017827
Well, they've done Battle Engine Warnouns, and he's recently been captured by Cryx, removed from his armor and tortured, and then rescued by another one of Khador's Warcasters, so I wouldn't bet against it.
>>
>>47017821
Hey man, Griffons are perfectly spammable. And I've seen at least one Phoenix on the table before.
>>
>>47012950
I would hate to be an Old Faith Menite when the crusade comes rolling around. It would be like, I'm just a regular Muslim dude who also loves my country, but then fucking ISIS invades and I have to either fight my countrymen or my god's children. It's some bullshit right there.
>>
>>47016275
What
>>47016548
Said.

They are taking the options in each faction and making sure that they shine best within their own faction.

Also you'll probably only ever play Haley anyway :V
>>
Is Thamar really neutral evil? Compared to Toruk, Menoth and the Devourer Wurm She looks harmless.
>>
>>47012369
I hope you MHSF gets nerfed in the ass so hard
So hard that Ret will actually be able to field other models !!

I have wondered sometimes, just how much satisfaction ret players could get from turn 2 assassination with MHSF on a victim stat caster.

like, full advance, shoot caster, some light spikes on the dice "oh your dead, gg"
Sounds so amazingly exciting...Not.
>>
>>47020337
>Is Thamar really neutral evil? Compared to Toruk, Menoth and the Devourer Wurm She looks harmless.

You can be evil and harmless.

But yeah, her followers are generally more tolerated than they are. Thamar philosophy really isn't about taking over the world, but rather, being Randian/Nitzchean dicks for personal gain.

And Menoth gets a pretty bad reputation thanks in no small part to the assholes that are the Protectorate Scrutators. Aside from them and their heavy emphasis on violence/torture as a means of purification, Menoth is not *that bad*. The guy even tolerated Morrow and Thamar.
>>
>>47020319
I've only ever played Nemo, I just hate being told every time I go to the store that I should only play Haley when I talk about wanting to paint up Stryker or Sloan. People have slipped Haley2 into my shopping basket to try and 'help' me :c
>>
>>47020527
Devout Menites have Devouts
>>
Hey guise, need a hand here.
I got hold of some wooden cigar boxes, I have sanded them down and want to engrave them.

So I need faction symbols, to print out and or trace onto the boxes before pyro-engraving.

plz help
>>
>>47020842
Google will probably help you immensely.
>>
>>47020337
Her entire philosophy is self interest and pursuit of personal power. Other people are seen as stepping stones and pawns (occasionally, even sacrifices) in pursuit of that end. Hell, one of her final mortal acts was attempting to destroy Caspia with black magic.
>>
>>47020753
I'm sorry. The locals in my area keep on dropping eVayl into my basket to "help" me from Rhyas and Absylonia.
>>
I really want to run this list once before mk 3 hits.

Heart of Darkness tier 4
Butcher 1
War Dog
Ruin
Juggernaut
Mad Dog
Winter guard with officer
Min shock troopers
Min shock troopers
Widowmakers
Manhunter
Yuri
Widowmaker Marksman
Drakhun w/o dismount

Mad dog seems like it'd be fun with that setup. It's 5 points, gets AD, and with Full Throttle it can do tramples with boosted attack rolls and 3d6 for damage. If I give it a focus it can add 2 inches to its trample. And Ruin with AD seems horrifying.

If the mad dog doesn't work out, I could drop drakhun and put those 4 points into turning the mad dog into either a devastator, or a second juggernaut + another manhunter.
>>
>>47020337
Both Menoth and the Devourer Wurm are Lawful and Chaotic Neutral, respectively.

Neither are evil, and both can have good followers.
>>
>>47000455

Yes but privateer press now specifically mentioned that what should be special, and what they all have in common, is that they now have Ghostly. They settled for 1 of the two, and as riders never had WM to begin with, but did have some form of Ghostly already (if my memory isn't failing me), it was decided.

Exemplar all have in common that they are all WM, my guess on the errants is that they loose blessed crossbows, and probably takes a hit on the self sacrifice rule. Over my guess is that they wont be as though but will work as a forward WM scout unit with ranged capabilities.
>>
File: IMG_1682.jpg (615 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1682.jpg
615 KB, 1000x750
>>47017270
>>47017302
>>47017320

Yes, the colored plastic will most defiantly even have a rule in the new format of play (small match ups, designed to be played on the kitchen table or any other suitable 30"x30" space). With the starters they will include rules for this, and a "encouragement" to paint your guys up for the real thing, but my guess is it wont be a necessity even in formal competitions when dealing with this particular gaming mode. Its like Warmahordes "light", for all the new kids to try out.
The industry as a whole is dying, and game developers knows this. They need to draw new blood in to this hobby or its all down the drain. And one of the things that makes new players not want to try it out, is the demand of three things;
1- money
2-time
3-effort
These are the three things you don't want to spend as a kid now days. By eliminating the painting demand, you essentially erased 2 & 3, just to try the game out. Once your stuck, and have learned that this is a freaking great hobby, you will have to paint though.

Personally I think its brilliant, if this is what they where going for. As long as they don't make the game AoS easy, I'm all cool.
>>
File: Bane Riders - Stat Card.jpg (654 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
Bane Riders - Stat Card.jpg
654 KB, 1200x1600
How rare is this card?
>>
>>47021771

"Kids now days" are just like kids back in the day.

There was once a time when you had to be content making your own dolls out of corn cobs.

Thebchanges are part of better tech and design. They couldn't have done colored plastic models back in the day even if they had wanted to.
>>
>>47020869
google isn't helping all that much actually, I can't even find the faction symbol b&w vectors
>>
>>47021477
Anon...
>Rip Tier mk3.
>>
>>47021999

Perhaps not but to explain further, need I remind you how the society has evolved the past 20+ years?
Sure, some things always stays the same, and even Socrates talks about "the kids today", when discussing the subject of rebelling against their parents.

But today, we have a greater influx of money, and a greater variety of how to spend our free time.
Its easier than ever to get a quick rush of fun, by simply turning your computer on. Take WoW for instance, they have put in to system a ratio of drops per hour (average), this is no random thing as it has been tested to encourage people to keep playing. They essentially feed your brains reward-system with just the right amount to keep you going. Its all tested and calculated around, and the bottom line is, its easy and quick to get a rush.

This hobby is everything BUT easy and quick, and it doesn't play with your brain. You have to put in lots of hours of hard practice to get good at this, and this takes effort, and with so many other options to pick from now days this hobby is loosing out.

So In a way your right. We have always been lazy, but before, we simply didn't have so many other options on how to spend our time. Besides, first time I saw a miniature wargame I was mind-blown! Todays kids I bet wont be so easily impressed (with virtual reality and all that shit, just around the corner!).
>>
>>47021480
We determined once that Menoth was Lawful. As in all of lawful, evil, neutral and good, and these states are reflected in his followers.
>>
>>47021950
warmachine unit cards aren't "rare" this isn't MtG.
If you need a card, either order one from PP.
OR even better if you live outside of the US; find your local PG and ask him to get the card in his next order when he spends his PG points.

I'm a PG and will not hesitate a second to spend 0.5PG points for a friend to get a missing card.

Not that Mk2 cards are going to be worth anything come June.
>>
>>47021771
>The industry as a whole is dying, and game developers knows this.
Really? I keep hearing that the miniatures wargame industry is growing year after year.
>>
>>47022302
I agree, but would add that some people, even amongst the quick fix youth of today, have the urge to tinker and create tiny things.
>>
>>47022375

Yes, but that would be in the X-Wing community. Fucking, put Star Wars on a turd, and it would sell like gold "hey, have you tried out the new Turd Star Wars game yet?" "Whats it do you say? Well.. its a Star Wars thing so it must be great!"

Jokes aside, but I think we have a more shattered fan base now than before, with all those small companies around, kick starters and whatnot. But amongst the big once, I think FF takes most of the cake here.
>>
>>47022345
I mean the Bane Riders card that has Bane Blades instead of Cleavers.
>>
Hey, do you guys know if there are any steampunk-y (in the manner of Warmachine) wargames that have looser unit activation/turn order (eg you can shoot/act and then move, or whichever), and not IGO/UGO? I love the setting/idea, but I find that I hate the strictness and gameplay that such methods create.

I can't see Warmahordes facilitating an alternating activation method very well due to the synergy that the game demands, and I have no idea how much it'd change the game to permit models to say shoot before they move. I know some things have it (eg pyg bushwackers) which marks it as a rare-ish ability so...eh, seems like a bad idea to introduce wholesale.

The other alternative would be using the IKRPG for fighting, but that's man-to-man/small-scale which isn't too bad, but isn't as strict with balance as a wargame would be, and I've heard it has problems with making balanced encounters as it is. Plus, it's missing a lot of content that the wargame has, so it'd be a lot of clunky home-done conversions.
>>
>>47018078
You mean exactly like people are doing in the western parts of not-America right now?
>>
>>47016910
ya i think you are right. do you think menoth will still have the most solid jack game? i really hope so.
>>
>>47022375
Yep, there are more and more wanabee wargames on the market, not less.
Lots of them are shit, some of them will demonstrate that some of the old houses are actually shit. eventually.
>>
>>46994835
> hopes
That the doublezerker MOW Kovnik combo will finally be worth playing

That GMCA gets a much-needed buff

Eiryss stops being fucking mandatory in every goddamn list on the goddamn planet.

> fears
Eiryss gets a yuge friggin buff for no raisin

Despite buffs, MOW's terrible move speed render them still non-viable.

Gun Mages get nerfed for no raisin.
>>
>>47023730
Gun mages are the best unit in the game, imho, they benefit so much from premeasuring its retarded. In addition, primecast called this year the year of the gun mage so I think they're in the clear
>>
>>47023730
You play both sides of the trench, anon?
>>
>>47023730
eEyriss has already been shown. She's still pretty crazy, but she's more explicitly anti magic now.

She no longer passively prevents allocation or strips focus on casters, and while her attacks strip upkeeps, the caster can take d3 damage to keep them up
>>
>>47024176
Yep. Got into Glorious Motherland for the jacks and the Mans-Of-Wars. Got into Cygnar for the gunmages and occasionally lightning.

One of the two did not disappoint.

I ended up finding happiness in Khador, but not in the models I had originally hoped for.
>>
Uk players, where's the cheapest place to pick up a mountain king & a archangel?

£76 at waylandgames the best?
>>
>>47017827
No. Stop fucking asking for this. It's bad for everyone involved
>>
>>46994835
Are gunmage cavalry as awesome as they look? Because they look pretty fuckin awesome. And my list has been crying for some mobility.
>>
>>47026336

currently yes, but who the fuck knows come June
>>
>>47024944
My last order from elementgames had a free pen and sweet in it :3c
>>
Is there any hope for Storm infantry in Cygnar for mk3. I want to get into them, but only if I can go maximum Tesla and be effective.
>>
File: new_Cryx.png (157 KB, 817x537) Image search: [Google]
new_Cryx.png
157 KB, 817x537
>>
File: legion logo.gif (2 KB, 85x120) Image search: [Google]
legion logo.gif
2 KB, 85x120
>>47022280
Which factions?

Besides, you don't need B&W vectors, any image of the symbols will do. Cut them to makes stencils and you're done. Not too hard.

Here's the only one I have.
>>
>>47022777
Malifaux is the only one that comes to mind.
>>
>>47022375
Only cause Star Wars is generating much of that growth.

The average modeling scene in early to late 200Xs could healthily support around 8 or so people to a store and call it a decent meta... But the advent of easier to chew games like X Wing and it's ilk have created an entirely new standard for what sales a store expects out of a game.

The only meta's that tend to have good new player generation... AND RETENTION are those with 10 plus people of differing skill set and experience levels. That way a newer player can work his way up through the game and maybe not lose for a year... And quit.

Rumble is a response to "Warmachine is too slow and unforgiving" in which a newer player can at least get into the fray , immediately rerack and try again after inevitably losing.
>>
>>47028247

good post and I agree with your overall point, I do believe that freeloaders have had an equal effect on store metas as what you said though
>>
>>47028743
>freeloaders
You mean "free riders?"
>>
>>47028844

no as far as I know free riders is used for the online stores, I'm talking the players that abuse their flgs
>>
>>47004542
I literally just got a menoth starter set about a week before mk3 announcements. If they nerfed my warcaster already, I'd just be sad.
>>
>>47029097
He's not going to be nerfed he might be changed a little bit.
>>
>>47029157
Well to be fair that feat is fucking stupid.
>>
>>46995141
With Cyriss now an actual faction, it is clear that what we have *is* eMortenebra. Her prime would be a Cyriss caster.

And yes, I'm aware of Goreshade. Half of the Cryx casters used to belong to other factions.
>>
>>47029186
Only if you don't know how to deal with it.
>>
>>47029186
Plenty of shit is outright immune to it. It's really just best for zoning out stuff. pKreoss is a solid caster, but a shakable effect isn't the worst thing.
>>
>>47022308
Actually, the first RPG (which was D&D based) said as much in print.

You'll also note that the original four factions each make use of one of the four elemental damage types of 3.x D&D.
>>
>>47029553
>Retribution toss the Force descriptor on all their spells
This makes so much sense
>>
Faction: Retribution

Hopes: Thyron gets some buffs and becomes our best caster because I have a huge boner for him and would like to play him in competitive more.

Fear: Something happens to the arcane assassin ability to make it less powerful.
>>
>>47021771
>>47022302

This

In a way I think it's kind of hard for people who have been in this hobby for nearly their entire lives and who likely grew up in a time when video games and such weren't commonplace (I don't think this is much of a stretch considering a recent 40k survey showed that 54% of respondents were age 30 or older.) and because of that they got into wargaming and now can't wrap their heads around the idea that people have other things competing for their time and money which require less effort to start up. I'll admit that as someone who really only started looking into wargaming around four years ago because of Dawn of War and who really only keeps up with lore and such and doesn't do much in terms of gaming, the fact that it was so simple to start playing X-Wing is what made it kind of attractive when I gave it a look relatively recently. I think this is why skirmish sized games are the most popular now and why stuff like Warhammer Fantasy was on the decline, new blood doesn't want to have to paint 20-30+ figures just to start playing and have to add on even more after that.

I'll admit to me personally I think there is some appeal in the actual painting and such, but I don't want to have to do tons of it just to start playing. Money is also a factor too with the rate at which video games are released these days.

>>47022375

I see people say this a lot, but they don't ever really give any breakdown and thus give the suspicion that what they really mean to say is that the traditional games market is growing, of which wargaming is a part. If that is true, that doesn't necessarily mean wargaming is growing because a lot of the growth could very well be fueled by TCGs, LCGs, and board games. As the other Anon said you also have X-Wing which isn't really like the a traditional wargame. (Funnily enough, I've kind of noticed a backlash against X-Wing lately by people who play traditional wargames trying to argue that it isn't a wargame at all.)
>>
>>47029834

hopes some of the mage solos gets some better abilities.
Also hope Hyperion gets to use that arc node he carries around, sure would be useful.
Generally hopes they drop the MHSF down a notch, so the rest of our units can shine some more.
>>
>>46996279
Eh, after seeing pDenny's new card, I'm guessing eMorv is going to lose Purification and that's about it. They're of similar power levels, and pDenny's only significant change was seeing one spell changed.

Given the focus on "unique spells/abilities" and changes to upkeep hate stuff, I'm guessing that Purification is going to be one of the unique spells and eMorv won't be the one to get it.
>>
>>47030203
That one spell change was a huge fucking deal though. pDenny lost a huge part of her denial game turn by turn.
>>
>>46996699

As a long-time Circle player I find the "Gorax and Stalker go in every list" annoying, but it's less of being trapped into the "porting X to X" mindset, and more that a) you have to take some level of beasts to keep fury up, b) the Stalker has the best, most universal toolkit of ANY MODEL IN THE GAME (note this is not the same claim as it is the best model in the game, I'm convinced, though, that it's the most universal problem-solver). So yeah, generally you either find yourself not wanting to run a lot of beasts, so you need to take the one that can have stealth, berserk (with reach, no less), or armor-cracking PS along with an animus that keeps beasts safe, or you take a lot of beasts, and maybe duplicate those abilities, but *still* want it for its animus to keep the other beasts safe. It just does everything, so you take them.

And when the typical WMH game enters the jank assassination phase -- you know, when you're behind on attrition or scenario and can't make it up, and you have to *try* to win on assassination -- teleporting warpwolves are pretty much the epitome of pulling a win out of your ass.

Personally, I'm happy that Lightning Strike is likely to go elsewhere (source: the Mountain King has Rage, so we know that at least one faction-central animus is changing beasts) so Circle list building might be more varied.
>>
>>47030241
Did anyone ever use influence?
>>
>>47030420
Calling it now, Lightning Strike moves to the Feral.
>>
>>47030637
That wasn't the change.

Crippling Grasp no longer prevents running, charging, and special attacks, which removes a lot of her ability to control the enemy army.
>>
>>47030687
If a unit is crippling grasped it's still not going to do anything in melee. It can still charge but loses a good chunk of charge distance, and if it arrives it's hitting at a damage penalty. And her feat still stops all the things crippling grasp used to stop, just now you have to actually consume a feat to completely shut one unit down instead of trivially arcing a spell onto it to shut it down for the match. And though they can run they're losing 4 inches off the run distance.
>>
Can you use Sir Ekkrion as a Paladin of the Wall?
>>
>>47030782
Sure, Grasp still hurts, but it can no longer prevent a unit from getting into a zone trivially, it can no longer stop high damage models from killing things, and it can't stop special attacks like Thresher and the like anymore.

pDenny's biggest thing was that if you didn't have upkeep removal, she could just take an entire unit out of the game quite trivially.
>>
>>47030782
Sorry, when I said "shut one unit down" with the feat I meant the army down

But yeah. IMO, maybe it makes the game better if you can't use one spell and a 6 point arc node to take a 16 point melee unit out of the fight indefinitely. Maybe it's better to have to use a feat in order to have an effect like that.
>>
>>47030687
Flipside of that coin: it also removes her ability to effectively remove the opponent's best model/unit from the game at the cost of 1 focus per turn unless they happened to bring upkeep removal.

Given that they also appear to be backing away from having unconditional upkeep removal all over the place, thank god for that.
>>
>>47030660
Or Storm Raptor. But more likely the Feral, I think.
>>
>>47030687
... which is really more of a change to underlying mechanics than pDenny herself.

In the comparison to eMorv, eMorv's likely to keep her feat, but the change to medium infantry takes out a lot of the fangs of it, since she'll restore 5 boxes max per life instead of 8 boxes max.

I still think she'll get Purification replaced with some form of single-target upkeep hate, though, but suspect only one caster will have Purification in Mk3 (pKreoss, maybe?)
>>
>>47031280
Well they did say that spell hate was going to become a lot rarer... outside the protectorate. I don't think that they'll lose Purification, dunno if only one will have it. Harbinger, if anybody. They may get cool antispell like Bradigus' though.
>>
>>47031280
I don't think Purification is going away totally, just more limited or changing how it interacts.

I don't see Lucant losing it, for example, and Convergence is already changing the least.
>>
File: nNBIQuz.png (1 MB, 659x815) Image search: [Google]
nNBIQuz.png
1 MB, 659x815
>>47029834
>Thyron boner
I know that feel.
Hoping he gets a few tweaks, but he doesn't really need anything too crazy.
>>
>>47029868
I've got 200 points of Khador in foam assembled, but unpainted and I play every week. 2 of the 14 guys who play at my store have fully painted armies. The thing is that you don't HAVE to paint shit to play the game, it looks better sure, but there's no painting requirement unless you're at a high level event.
>>
>>47031640
I try to have as much stuff as possible painted. Granted I fall short due to time restraints from uni and working.

I have a few fully painted lists that are my most common ones.

That being said I don't look down on anyone that doesn't have any models painted for whatever reason.

Those I do look down on are those that refuse to mark their arcs. You can do it with a fucking metallic sharpie.
>>
>>47031640

The thing is that any pictures you see of the game from PP themselves or probably any company are going to show their models painted, so that gives the impression that painting is a requirement.

However that is still relatively minor to the actual construction process itself which is going to require gluing and possibly even pinning if you're dealing with metal models and the process of removing mold lines if you intend to paint your models at some point.

X-Wing is childishly simple in comparison. The ships come prepainted and all you have to do is insert a peg into the ship and then insert the peg into a base and you're done and ready to play.

In the grand scheme of things it's not an arduous process unless you're dealing with a particularly troublesome model, but it also requires a bit more than the instant gratification offered by a video game.
>>
>>47031988
Then, the battle boxes are also coming with little bases in the booklet with beasts or whatever on them you cut out and can practice with.
>>
>>47031640
I get that there are people who "can't" paint or genuinely don't have the time for it, but it seriously brings me down when I stop by the local WMH tourney and see a total of three painted models across all six tables. A table full of unpainted models is really uninteresting to look at, particularly for people who don't know the game.

You gotta have visual feedback to foster a sense of immersion and without color/shading it's a bitch to pick out differentiating details on tabletop minis.

Hence X-Wing's explosive success - not only does everything come built and painted, but it's built on one of THE most recognizable bodies of fiction around.
>>
>>47031640
>>47031988

I bet there's also a bit of self-consciousness in play too, people thinking "I'm not artistic I can't paint mine will be shit" and that turning them off trying it out
>>
>>47032099
It doesn't help much if they come to communities like the painting thread here and get told they paint like shit.
>>
>>47032099

This probably plays a role as well. If you're a perfectionist or even just really want your models to look good the lack of confidence in your abilities can cause trepidation.

It doesn't that the stuff you're buying doesn't exactly cost a couple dollars. To my knowledge the only way to save a model you've fucked up, plastic at least, is to use Simple Green or an equivalent and that isn't really a technique I've seen broadcasted by producers.
>>
>>47022302
>But today, we have a greater influx of money, and a greater variety of how to spend our free time.
>Its easier than ever to get a quick rush of fun, by simply turning your computer on. Take WoW for instance, they have put in to system a ratio of drops per hour (average), this is no random thing as it has been tested to encourage people to keep playing. They essentially feed your brains reward-system with just the right amount to keep you going. Its all tested and calculated around, and the bottom line is, its easy and quick to get a rush.

This isn't even a modern WoW thing.

Vanilla WoW was super casual compared to most any MMOm before it, and those were super casual compared to MUDs and other games.

And even those are casual compared to going outside, making your own toys, and using your imagination.
>>
File: 1460410542756.png (2 MB, 1650x1090) Image search: [Google]
1460410542756.png
2 MB, 1650x1090
>>47027245

If I recall from the short story she is a spirit similar to the Banes, so I wouldn't be surprised if she unfortunately just doesn't have any legs.

The rest of the sculpt is a little wonky though from a distance since it does look like her scythe is both her left and right arm, rather than the actuality of her resting one arm on the scythe as it lays across her back and her other arm hanging by her side.
>>
How will the 3 lights in the Trollbloods battlebox hold up to any other battlebox?
>>
>>47032886
Just as well as the Legion one (bolt thrower, 2 Shredders, Neraph).

Zero armor cracking and way too much fury generated.
>>
>>47033029
Once again, arm 20 khador box supremacy.

I've only ever lost with that box by people knocking sorscha down.
>>
>>47033053
I think my favorite game with the khador box was when I was playing against legion, lylyth went to 0 fury turn 1 because she thought she was safe, I managed on the top of turn 2 to get a boosted destroyer shot to connect and rolled enough damage to one-shot her.
>>
>>47032886
Right now? Terrible.

In Mk3? Who knows.
>>
>>47032886
I believe Ragnor is boosting dmg in some way. Something like Strength of Granite or something....
>>
>>47033029

have we heard anything about how the caster is going to play? maybe she'll help for armor somehow
>>
>>47033053
I'm going to enjoy adding a clamjack to the Khador battlegroup for journeyman leagues.
>>
>>47032675

Its the basics of any form of game that involves any form of a price. That I picked WoW was just a coincident, I could just has easy has mentioned those one armed bandits you can play. Each and every machine is rigged to pay out a certain amount of profit during a set amount of time, to reward your brain and making you think "Ill just play a little bit more, and Ill hit the jackpot for sure!", same goes with WoW "Ill just farm a little bit more, and I'm sure to get that item I want!"

So, to conclude, I wasn't trying to make a videogame review, it was all just one of many examples on how much easier it is to find hobbies that doesn't require much, but still stimulates your brain enough to make you stay.
>>
>>47032125
If they come into the Warmahordes thread people actually give them tips and tricks to help them. The WIP thread is filled with cancerous GW fanboys mostly.
>>
>>47017827
he should and with new warjack points he's just 6 away from a colossal with 0 warjack points.

As long as you gave a rule that said "no camping focus for armor" you'd be fine.

No different from just bringing a colossal and hiding caster behind it all game.
>>
>>47035303
So take it over. The boards slower again now that quests are gone.

If a bunch of non-GW started showing up consistently and posting positively it'd change the vibe of the thread. Kill em with kindness.

Alternatively we can ignore it's existence.
>>
File: ElvesGettingTheirShitKickedIn.png (2 MB, 1864x1176) Image search: [Google]
ElvesGettingTheirShitKickedIn.png
2 MB, 1864x1176
>>
>>47036053
What the fuck is up with Warmahordes players wanting to slowly ooze their shit on other games and other spaces?

Yeah, it's fine that you like your game, but every WM/H group I've seen seems to actively find days when people are playing other games to come in and shove their games in other people's faces. I even play WM/H and I think it's weird how many players do this sort of thing.
>>
>>47036200
>I didn't actually read what was being discussed
>>
>>47036200
Not wanting to get ridiculed in painting threads just due to model choice isn't shoving a game in someone's face.
>>
>>47036200

are you still asshurt about that one glorious master race thread? that anon was talking about showing our painting stuff in the fucking painting thread, faggot
>>
>>47033053
The Skorne box will probably give you a run for your money since the Gladiator is already capable of cracking armour, and if the Beast Master can strengthen it any which it most likely will, then it can make roadkill of your shit. Problem with the Skorne box is losing a Savage and gaining a Raider. For your collection it's great since you probably won't need a 2nd Savage and you will need a Raider at some point, but damn son it's a ranged support model.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (9 KB, 277x182) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
9 KB, 277x182
>that feel when you talk about the new Banes changes to the cryx Waac guy in your local meta
>that feel when you explain that thralls are changed and lost stealth.
>that feel when he says he's gonna quit cryx now.

Just wow I knew he was in it to win it but christ.
>>
>>47037837
Yeah the resident Cryx player at my LGS has already sperged out and said he's never playing Cryx again. I'm pretty sure he owns 4 units of Bane Knights and consciously used the faction as a crutch.
>>
>>47037837
>>47037849
Continue goading them until they sell all their Cryx models, with any luck Cryx will somehow still be powergamer-tier once the full rules are revealed and you'll get to bathe in their bitch tears all over again.
>>
>>47037849
yeah it left a bad taste in my mouth honestly. I mean he's been this way really since forever and dropped 'nids like they were radioactive when they got changed up in 40K but the changes for banes honestly seemed sensible. Then again I'm a terrible player and couldn't give two shits about winning as I'm just trying to play a game and have fun after working all day.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.