[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weekend Quest Discussion Thread: Brave New World edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: 1441366756361.png (22 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1441366756361.png
22 KB, 700x700
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for advice on tabletop games should look elsewhere.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/x6BqaJ7r
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory
This is a directory containing the tweets of most current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. If you are a QM, simply post your Twitter here to have it added to the directory. Spamming your quest twitter with non-quest related tweets may result in its removal from the directory.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)
Reminder that we have our own brand new board now! All quests should be posted there:
>>>/qst/

>QM
Why are you not using /qst/?
>>
>>46989370
>Why are you not using /qst/?

Because it's awful.
>>
>>46989370
>Reminder that we have our own brand new board now! All quests should be posted there:
Get out.

>QM
Because it's a trial board. We are under no obligation to "contain ourselves" at the behest of a loud, salty minority just yet, and until a mod tells me otherwise I will continue with business as usual.

I also don't want the mods to mistake resignation on my part or the part of other QMs for enthusiasm.
>>
>>46989370
All that false flagging, delightful. Fuck off.
>>
File: f7FdEdG.jpg (10 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
f7FdEdG.jpg
10 KB, 260x194
>>46989438

Also anti-quest posts in quests are being removed. Mods are actively pursuing shitposters telling people to go to /qst/.
>>
>>46989703
>their board
Where does one go to buy /tg/ shares? I have some spare investment money lying around.
>>
>>46989703

Spin it however you like to fit your ignorant narrative.

Anti-quest posters are having their posts removed.
>>
>>46989370
Why is it the QTGs are always made by anti-quest posters?
>>
>>46989370
>Why are you not using /qst/?
Because its an abortion of a board, and vocal minorities should not have everything handed to them by bitch-ass mods.
>>
>>46989438
Yeah but if you don't use it, it'll fail during the trial period and die. It's got everything /tg/ has and thread specific IDs on top of that. If it's a successful board when it gets added to the list it will bring in more people who are interested in the medium, too.

What's wrong with it, exactly?
>>
File: (laughs).jpg (23 KB, 269x418) Image search: [Google]
(laughs).jpg
23 KB, 269x418
>>46989963
>>
>>46990001
>what's wrong with it?
We don't want it, and the only people who seem to repeatedly and vocally want it are shitposters.
>>
File: 1441741320885.gif (3 MB, 298x224) Image search: [Google]
1441741320885.gif
3 MB, 298x224
>>46989963
>>
>>46990001

>It's got everything /tg/ has

No, it doesn't. Look at /qst/. It is a miserable pile of joke quests and memes. No one takes it seriously. No one wants it.

8% of /tg/ cannot and will not keep a board alive.
>>
>>46990055
>deal with it
I will. By continuing to post and visit quests here.
Deal with it.
>>
>>46990074
>I will. By continuing to post and visit quests here.

Same.

I'm running my quest right now and have no intention of leaving.
>>
>Making a WQDT to troll

You realize that's a bannable offense, right?
>>
>>46990105
>muh opinion is superior
>shitposting
Fuck, they were right, the only people who want the new quest board are shitposters.
>>
>>46990001
>it will bring in more people who are interested in the medium, too.
>>>/qa/
>>
>>46990105
>Nobody cares.

You clearly do. Or else why would you continually whine about it?
>>
>>46990001
The "new features" are unnecessary.

There are not enough regular QMs on /tg/ to justify the existence of a new board.

New players usually come from those who begin with a casual interest when one thread strikes their fancy. Lower traffic and isolation is a recipe for killing quests if ever there was one.

Players are opposed to it, and QMs don't want to commit to it because it's disruptive for their playerbase and archiving setup. And before anyone cites LL setting up a /qst/ archive, not everyone uses sup/tg/ and even those that do would rather not split their archives between the /tg/ archive and the /qst/ archive.

There is no reason for the split aside from the loud complaints of a minority who cannot accept a roleplaying game on a board about roleplaying games that has a built-in dice feature.

The new board was sprung on us after a 2-hour "discussion" where ONE relatively minor concern with execution was addressed. The mod in charge of the new board has since disappeared with little sign that any other concerns are being addressed or even heard.
>>
>>46990193
>New players usually come from those who begin with a casual interest when one thread strikes their fancy.

New players almost always come from other boards or the existing quest community.
>>
>>46990219
Well, that's outright incorrect.
I suggest factchecking more.
>>
>>46990219
>>New players usually come from those who begin with a casual interest when one thread strikes their fancy.
>New players almost always come from other boards or the existing quest community.

Or maybe they're just people who post on /tg/ regardless of where they're from or why they're here.

You have literally no way to prove anything about the people who post in quest threads as if it will somehow magically validate your anti-quest argument against what is actually provable to be 8% of the board's topics.
>>
>>46990219
>the crossboard menace rears its head again
Say it with me now, anon: "people are allowed to post on multiple boards".
>>
>>46990219
Obviously posters in say, a DBZ quest come from the nebulous 'quest community' and not from random /tg/ posters that like DBZ and check it out.

Obviously there's a specific quest community that loves all sorts of quests and participates in all of them while ignoring all other /tg/ content.

Or that's total bullshit and quests are just another style of thread common to /tg/.
>>
>>46990219

Ah, yes, of course, the Mortal Kombat quest is nothing but /v/ and /vg/ posters, obviously.
>>
>>46990219
That's a lie and you know it. Alot of people, including myself, were lurking /tg/ when they saw something interesting in a quest.
>>
File: 1431936621221.jpg (209 KB, 756x1100) Image search: [Google]
1431936621221.jpg
209 KB, 756x1100
>>46989963
>>
>>46990319
>OR THE EXISTING QUEST COMMUNITY
>>
>>46990476
Prove it. Feelings don't count.
>>
>>46990476
Bruh no one here plays that quest. Have you read it? It's like three people posting from six phones saying the same things over and over. That's not even a quest, you just got lied to and made an error. You're forgiven so don't worry about it these things happen and everyone experiences it eventually it'll work out, okay? Alright. You do you.
>>
>>46990508
Granted yes, questers join other quests sometimes. But rejecting the notion that some if not most quest players were once general /tg/ posters is pretty ridiculous.

That's the crux of the issue here: an anti-quester has finally learned how to half-truth.
>>
>>46990476

Yeah, the quest community, we gather every other second sunday for a luncheon.
>>
So there's a discussion thread in /qst/ as well.

Where the hell is Reviewanon going to be posting their shit? Do I have to monitor both threads?
>>
People should use /qst/ more.
>>
>>46990592

Urban Oni 16 is live
>>
>>46990626
nobody I follow uses it

and the vast majority of it are low quality dead ms paint quests

no incentive to use it
>>
>>46990596
I think he'd post here
>>
>>46990626
I'll only use it if we agree to delete either that board or this one immediately afterwards.
>>
>>46990590
To be fair we do gather every weekend to shit post
>>
>>46990574
That faggots been saying the same shit for at least two years now. I write a quest and have three 3000+ point 40k armies, but obviously i'm not interested in anything /tg/ at all. Don't bother replying to him
>>
>>46990026
>the only people who seem to repeatedly and vocally want it are shitposters
Possibly related to the fact that any arguments in favor of a separate quest board are mostly answered with shitposts and "WE'RE NOT LEAVING DEAL WITH IT".
>>
>>46990068
>8% of /tg/
So who's the vocal minority, again?
>>
>>46990784
The anti-quest shitposters.
They're a fraction of a fraction of the community. That's how minor they are.
>>
>>46990761
The arguments in favor of a separate quest board have all been picked apart by legitimate answers, and now the only argument left is "The silent majority hates them" and "They aren't /tg/ because of this arbitrary reason".

>>46990784
Both are, but only one faction is trying to remove things they don't like instead of just letting them be like everyone else does.
>>
>>46990657
Exactly why people should use it.
>>
>>46990848
How about all you people in favor of /qst/ go to /qst/ and start posting high quality content to encourage other people to go there?
>>
>>46990784
>biggest group:
people that don't give a shit. the overwhelming vast majority
>2nd
questfags
>3rd
anti-quest fags
all 12 of you
>>
>>46990784
>There are only two groups on /tg/, questfags, and anti-questfags
Holy shit, some people are way to into their stupid internet arguments. You are not all of /tg/ and don't represent all of /tg/ in any way, shape, or form. The people who you oppose are also not all of /tg/. Deal with it.
>>
>>46989370
>QM
Honestly, it's mostly because the refresh is still fucking broken. Just about everything else seems in order, and I was planning on running a quick one-shot just to test out the features, but the unstable at best refresh and general instability of the board itself is a deal breaker. I'm waiting for it to at least get the actual bugs fixed before I even think about using it.
>>
>>46990874
11, Garry got married and no longer posts here.
>>
>>46990974
Congratulations, Garry! I hope it goes well for him.
>>
>>46990784
The ten or twelve people constantly shitposting on /qa/ to get policies they want.

https://desustorage.org/qa/search/text/quests%20%2Ftg%2F/type/op/

This really means one thing: Most of quest players are also contributors to other things.
>>
>>46990760
Tau?

It's Tau isn't it
>>
>>46990026

A dedicated quest board is always going to become a necessity regardless of how much we want it or not. Quests are a growing community, and eventually the burden it places on /tg/ will be unacceptable. It's best that the move takes place early rather than later.

Also, if we ask nicely and loudly enough we could get it to be a NSFW board.

There are a lot of ways this could go well.

Don't presume to speak for all of us when you say 'we'.
>>
>>46991081
Are we talking about excuse me commissar and the succubus buttfat goddess is a redeemed loli threads?
>>
>>46991091
>>46991081
>I will now shitpost to prove that /tg/ is worse now than it was before
Why do you people do these things?
>>
>>46991081
You posted that yesterday.
>>
>>46991110
maybe he's talking about the RP threads or the minecraft server?
>>
>>46990873
Perhaps I should. I actually did a quest of sorts back in the day, although even then I felt it had a wrongness to it. I'm glad to see a board for Quests and the like being made.

I just feel that it won't succeed unless people actually use it and people aren't using it because they don't want it to succeed, despite it generally being better. The only thing I can think it lacks is an extended archive, but they isn't the fault of the board itself, it's just new.
>>
>>46991104
But quests aren't growing.
They're following a normal ebb and flow cycle.
>>
>>46991104
Quests have been downhill since 2012.
There were literally 5 quest threads at the time of the announcement. Five. On the weekends, it peaks at 15, including ones that aren't active and are just waiting to fall off of page 11.
"The quests are growing too big" argument would have been valid 5 years ago or so when they actually were growing. It is not valid now.
>>
>>46991104
>Also, if we ask nicely and loudly enough we could get it to be a NSFW board.
There's no reason for that to happen with the text-is-sfw rules. It would only make the problem of the move worse.
>>
>>46991129
I refuse to use it because there is no reason for a quest board, and no effort has been made to convince me there is.
>>
>>46991104
>Quests are a growing community
If anything the number of quests has dropped from its peak. There was even a long-running attempt in /wqdt/ aimed at collecting and updating the status of all the quests year by year, though fucked if I know what archive would even have that available anymore.
>>
>>46991142

Of course quests are growing! Every board on 4chan spawns its own quests and every board on 4chan is in a constant state of growth.

Now whether those quests are good or bad is debatable, but it's pretty indisputable.
>>
>>46991200
evidence?
>>
>>46991200
actually it is quite disputable.
All metrics show quests to be a smaller percentage at time of announcement than they were a year prior.
>>
>>46991200
No, it can be disputed pretty easily.
If you count quests, they are smaller than they were last year, which was smaller than they were the year before.
This holds true until 2013, where they peaked.
>>
>>46991211
He has none, it's a new already-failed attempt at making people move after bitching to the mods failed.
>>
>>46990784
This has been explained before.

There are a lot of questfags. Most are just random fa/tg/uys that see a quest thread, check it out, and post in it. Maybe they'll post in more, maybe they won't.

The board traffic quests take up on /tg/ however is not limited by the overall number of questfags. It's limited by the number of QMs and how often they can run their quests. You could have a million questfags, but if only ten of them were QMs, their resulting board traffic will be tiny.

Engage your brain anon.
>>
>>46991175
Then don't you think that keeping them on a board that hates them is more damaging?
>>
>>46991081
>No concept of biology.

Anon please, quests are obviously benign, not malignant.
>>
>>46991246
But the board doesn't hate them.
In any thread bitching about quests, you get maybe 20 responders, and TEN THOUSAND people who don't care enough to give a shit.

People who care about quests one way or another are the vast minority, and any argument that goes against that just makes no statistical sense.
>>
>>46991246
you are not the board anon

most do not care about quests one or the other
>>
>>46991125
he isn't wrong
>>
>>46991300
I think you need some assistance
http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
>>
>>46991246
The board doesn't hate them.

Quest hate threads have never hit more than thirty or so unique IDs, including people on the other side of the argument. The recent /qst/ announcement threads showed that around 78% of the board thinks splitting the community this way is a terrible idea.
>>
>>46991254
>malignant

look at the state of /tg/ before and after quests and say that with a straight face
>>
>>46991300
He is. /tg/ is at least 87% cancer, quests are just a very small part of the terrible bits.

#BringBackNazimod #KeepOurBoardsPure
>>
>>46991246
>a board that hates them
Some people hate them. All of the evidence points to most of the board literally not caring either way because they aren't interested and don't go into fits when they see things they aren't interested in.
>>
>>46991226
>>46991217
>>46991211

You're not accounting for short term economic shifts. Threads on 4chan are like the world economy: it's a gradual process that wobbles a bit back and forth. Just because there's less threads this year than last year does not mean that the quest community is not growing; moreover, the number of active quest threads on the board at a time is not strongly indicative of the size of the community.

Quests have been growing ever since they became a thing way back when, and one short period of decline in the number of threads is not proof that the community is shrinking. After all, new posters get into quests all the time, and relatively few posters leave /tg/ on a permanent basis. That may not cause an immediate upgrowth in QMs, since it takes time for posters to come up with quest ideas and git gud at QMing.

>>46991227

Grow up.
>>
>>46991324
>made by questfags
Nope. This one was specifically made by an anti-questfag trying to get quests to leave /tg/, as per op.
>>
>>46990001

It's a ghetto, and it's impossible to get new players there. Any Quests on that board are doomed to failure and slow extinction.

You're basically asking us to march into concentration camps. Also, thread-specific IDs are shit.

I look forward to it failing and dying.
>>
>>46991324
Nope, the majority never agrees with anti-questfags in any thread where the topic comes up.
They also don't agree with questfags.
Because they don't care.
>>
>>46991246
Nope. "The Board" doesn't hate us, as most sane people can filter or even just scroll past the things they don't like to find the things they do. By all reasonable accounts it's an even smaller group than we constitute.

Until /qst/ was sprung on us I have had exactly zero issues with anti-questers invading any of my threads, shittalking myself or any of my players, or any general disruptions that the players didn't start amongst themselves. Which will always happen from time to time when the players in question are invested in the story. But a trial board goes up and the shitposting goes out of fucking control.
>>
>>46991347
There were less threads every year for several years in a row.

I'm sorry that you deny very simple pattern recognition, but don't expect people who can tell that a thing that was once bigger is now smaller to listen to your arguments.
>>
>>46991394
Are you?
>>
>>46991379

You demand evidence from me, and I offer it, even if it's not hard numbers and purely based on very basic facts. But now you aren't even offering your own, you're just making baseless claims.

Also, can you stop being a cunt and have a normal conversation?
>>
>>46991347
so no evidence?
>>
>>46991416

All dat weasling.

You're not fooling anyone.
>>
>>46991416
You actually offered no evidence, and your claims went directly contrary to hard data that has been gathered in the past.

I'm sorry, but all evidence that has been gathered indicates quests were in a waning period for years. Your arguments will not convince people who have taken part in these countings, and it will also not convince anyone who cares to do research into the matter.
>>
>>46991416
Economics isn't a relevant comparison.
Quests have not been growing because there's a hard cap on how many can be run at a time, and that cap relies on a very small part of the questgoing group to actually run threads.
>>
>>46991394

Some of the best delusion I've ever seen is the paranoia that somehow making quests go away will "fix" /tg/.
>>
>>46991359
>thread-specific IDs are shit.
the intention is good - while you can't stop samefagging entirely, mitigating it still beneficial
it's just that the execution is flawed
>>
>>46991416

What

Fucking

Evidence
>>
>>46991457
Is paranoia the right word for that? Doesn't feel like it.
>>
I wonder if a multi QM quest could be doable. I know i don't run because im shocking at dialogue.

>>46991457
Scapegoat effect. Project things they dislike onto one group, blame them for all ills.
>>
>>46991441
It WOULD help if I'd saved the images that showed the peak and years-long decline in numbers of quests per month. If I'd known it would become relevant I'd have done so.
>>
>>46991366
>Nope, the majority never agrees with anti-questfags in any thread where the topic comes up.

[citation desperately fucking needed]
>>
>>46991435
It is a board specially tailored for quests, I think there is a lot of potential there.
There are a lot of technical issues but hopefully that would be fixed if it ever becomes more than a trial board.
For me the main concern is the user IDs. I understand there's a lot of good that can come from that but I really don't like the loss of anonymity myself.
>>
>>46990813
>have all been picked apart by legitimate answers
I must be unlucky, then, because I never get any replies of any substance.

My issue with quests/CYOAs/"thread games" is that the speed of the threads keeps them constantly bumped and pushes slower threads (ie. anything that's not a general) to page 10 and beyond. This is basically the same reason /vg/ was created; a particular class of (totally /v/-related) threads had disproportionate volumes and rates of posts, which fucked things up for people trying to have finer-grained, slower conversations. Every time I've brought up this concern I've been told to "stop using page view you fucking autist," which doesn't really address the issue fully.

People always bring up that both /qst/ and /tg/ would be slow boards if they were split up, and I cannot understand why anyone who's been here for a few years would think that that's an inherently bad thing. Not every board needs to move as fast as /v/.

I'm not sure I see the point in splitting it up now, though. No amount of excision is going to bring back the old board culture at this point, and that's really what most of the "anti-quest shitposters" want at the end of the day.
>>
>>46991488
Various anons claiming at the same time the exact same response to that, in various formats, makes me doubt you more than them.
>>
I feel so bad for the janitors working overtime

>They never asked for this.jpg
>>
>>46991500
>They've grown
You keep saying that, but every single measure says otherwise.
>>
>>46991457
It'll certainly help.

>>46991465
How? How are IDs flawed? You shithead niggers keep making up shit to complain about.

Fuck me the purge can't come soon enough
>>
>>46991246
You and your big imaginary friend, yes
>>
>>46991499
I always support anonymity as a choice. Perhaps have it be an option that the OP can pick would be best.
>>
>>46991417

I offered some.

>>46991436

Just stop posting.

>>46991441

What hard data? My evidence is pretty fundamental facts, that 4chan is growing and that questing is only going to get more popular as a result, regardless of any short-term lulls. Show me this hard data, guy, and I'll shut my mouth.

>>46991447

How is it not? Economic theory is designed to attempt to rationalize a system too complex and full of too many unknown variables to ever have a true 100% knowledge of. 4chan thread patterns are pretty much the same.
>>
>>46991512
they applied, they weren't drafted
>>
>>46991509
The only way to bring back old board culture is to ban all the anti-quest shitposters, bring back lewd threads, and bring back elf slave wat do.
>>
>>46991509
Any slower thread is either a thread that is actually pushed off the board is a thread nobody has any interest in or a thread that has already served its purpose.
>>
>>46991527
>I offered some.
You're either delusional or retarded. Maybe both.
>>
>>46991513
Getting a board with new tools and new exposure will encourage growth of the community.
>>
>>46991488
Look at archives of any bitching thread from before the /qst/ announcement, on /tg/, /qa/ or even /q/. Most archives don't show the IP count, but those that do consistently show that it's less than 20 bitchers.
>>
>>46991324
How come anti-questfags get shouted down on /qa/?
>>
>>46991480

It's paranoia because they have a persecution complex. This minority group of 12 people who constantly complain about quests continually insist that /tg/ was better before them, that the quests are responsible for some kind of perceived degradation of the board.
>>
>>46991527
>what hard data
Literally every census that has been taken on this matter and counting the archives.

I'm sorry, but reality does not mesh with your argument.
>>
>>46991559

God, why can't we have a civil conversation for once? This is exactly the sort of bullish, caustic attitude that destroyed /qtg/ in the first place. Are you Triggerman? You sound like triggerman.
>>
>>46991591
We can't have a civil conversation because this guy
>>46991527
is acting like thread censuses were never a thing and that nobody can count threads in the archive.

No point in being civil with someone who's outright lying.
>>
File: 1410215477728.png (842 KB, 796x997) Image search: [Google]
1410215477728.png
842 KB, 796x997
>>46991542
I would welcome all of these things.
>>
>>46991518
>How are IDs flawed?
They prove identity beyond the necessary point, it's equivalent of enforced namefagging. And namefagging has always been cancer.

More elegant way to handle this would be keeping the IDs internal, allowing QM to mark post as a voting one and then only allowing each ID to reply to that post once. All internally without showing identity.
But that would take actual effort, meanwhile IDs can just be copied from existing boards...
>>
>>46991614
Actually, I would too.
Loosening board restrictions and banning people who bitch that things don't belong on the board would do WONDERS to bring /tg/ back to early-/tg/ status.
>>
>>46991509
A single thread literally cannot push something off of the board. It's not possible. We could bump this thread a dozen times per second and it will never remove anything more than the one thread it did when it was first made. Thread speed doesn't affect that.
And any thread in danger of falling off either has no participants or is well into autosage. Nothing stops active participants of an autosaging thread from making a new one. It's only when you make a brand new thread that an old one dies. There are multiple archives, including an inbuilt one, that save discussions if someone missed it before it fell off.

Board speed is not an argument either way in my opinion, and I don't agree that /tg/ would get significantly slower, so I'm with you there.
>>
>>46991524
>Perhaps have it be an option that the OP can pick would be best.
I didn't even think of that. That would absolutely be for the best. Giving the OP more options is already a thing "Only OP can use text formatting" and I think continuing to give them more control would be a good thing-as long as it is control over the thread or their own posts, not stuff like the ability to delete or otherwise moderate other posters.
Giving OP any kind of power over a thread is a huge change from the norm, so it's understandable that it's just limited to formatting their own posts now, but I think that would be something to pursue in any future changes to the board-within limits, of course.
>>
>>46991542
If we were democracy, this would get my vote.
>>
>>46989370
/qst/ reminded my that /b/ does quests too. Because that's the level of quests being run there.

Yeah, /b/tards are totally the types of people I want more of in quests. Put on the fucking mask why don't you.
>>
>>46991566
Shame, you take the word doubt, in a context where its applied to both parites, twist it into "believe" and try claim intellectual superiority.

Fuck off.
>>
Christ the /qst/ posters are fucking salty.
>>
>>46991647
Honestly, I think the increased mod arbitration of what's acceptably "/tg/-related" is a big part of why people are so salty about the issue of quests.

It certainly fucking annoys me that /wst/ got the boot, but quests can still get away with graphic sex scenes because the mods either don't give a fuck or want to protect their favorites.
>>
>>46991591
When one side of the argument blames you for every conceivable problem, explicitly wants your community either destroyed or moved to suit their personal tastes, and shitposts continually to chase you off the board despite the absence of any rule stating you must move?

No, not really. That side of the conversation will never be "civil", so while I try not to be as vitriolic as many of the people I disagree with are I see no reason to extend any extraordinary degree of courtesy either.
>>
>>46991717
that's what happens when you make a board nobody but salty shitposters wants, anon.
>>
>>46991720
I can't think of any quests that have graphic sex scenes other than Orc Warlord, which has moved to Akun anyway.
>>
>>46991724
And whose arguments don't stand up to inductive or deductive scrutiny in the cases where they are not outright fabrications
>>
>>46991743
I meant the guys posting the thread link into quests.
>>
>>46991542
I feel like we need to underline that doing these things would truly make /tg/ great like it once was.
>>
>>46991542
I'm not sure if the first one can be done since they're dedicated enough to ban evade. At least it gives janitors something to do.
>>
>>46991720
More like quests can maybe get away with graphic sex scenes as long as the quest doesn't happen to trigger tumblrmod.
>>
>>46991752
BFQ?
>>
>>46991720
HMQ has the occasional sex scene.

Rule of thumb seems to be as long its not the sole purpose of the quest, its not a problem.

or it has to be the mods' magical realm who knows?
>>
>>46991720
Last I checked, /wst/ was banned because it was mostly just hookups and other weird things.
text is usually not considered NSFW no matter how graphic it is, and a lot of people pastebin things anyway.
>>
>>46991158

But lewd quests get deleted and the QMs banned all the time for them. Remember that lewdhammer quest about the sisters of battle versus the rapenids?
>>
>>46991771
I meant current ones. Smut quests started getting deleted pretty soon after /wst/ got nixed.
>>
>>46991755
I don't actually know what you are talking about, but still feel correct in my statement that you will only get salt if you make a board entirely because some people were salty and shitposted a lot.
>>
>>46991792

No no you're thinking of /erpg/. /wst/ had no hookups, it was just smut stories.
>>
>>46991801
Open a few quest threads and if the janitors haven't caught them yet, you'll see the posts.
>>
I've a couole things to say about the quality of questd on /qst/;

>start a good, detailed quest with mechanics, worldbuilding, etc
>board doesn't pass trial
>have to haul the quest over to a faster board that doesn't know me or how I run the quest

And

>trial board is added
>want to run a good quest there
>no system or setting comes to mind, no semblance of a story in my head
>don't make that quest because it's buried in mspaint adventures

I also want to say that a lot of you guys fucking despise the idea of quests that aren't rpg-like in detailed rules. Quests are just adventures with a healthy dose of sperging in their creation and playing.
>>
>>46991801

Here's what I'm afraid of: the mods would know better than anyone just how small the group that regularly complains about quests on /tg/ is. Why, then, would they create /qst/?

Are the mods anti-quest?

It's the only answer I can think of. And that terrifies me.
>>
>>46991797
Oh, I can't think of any current one either.
I mean, Gobble does lewdbins, but they're off-site, so that probably doesn't count.
>>
>>46991828
Nope. Sorry anon, whatever was happening has been erased from the record so I can't see the salt.
>>
>>46991828
Actually, come to think of it, it would be better if you opened an external archive like desu or 4plebs and looked at some of the recent quests so you can see the deleted posts.
>>
>>46991801
People who post >>>/qst/, anon.

It's not surprising if you missed that, because they've been getting janitor'd hard as shit all day. Seems the staff agrees with >>46989438
>>
>>46991660
As it stands now I think the biggest issue with /qst/ is the lack of a good archive system, but that is just due to it being relatively new.

It doesn't bother me overmuch. I actually ran a quest of sorts to completion after about 60 threads a few years back which has been lost to the ages now. Even then I felt that there should be a better place for quests and the like on 4chan than /tg/ though.
>>
>>46991801
https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/deleted/deleted/
>>
>>46991846
I don't think they're anti-quest.

I think they're just feeling experimental and/or lazy.
>>
>>46991851
They really should make quests move to the quest board though if they expect it to work. I would be like making /vg/ and then still letting generals be on /v/ or /mlp/ and still let ponies be on /co/.
>>
>>46991884
>some of those are FROM THIS VERY THREAD
>I now can't find them when I go back and look

fuck, I didn't even notice
>>
>>46991822
I lost track of which was which but it still amuses me that they got booted half a year apart from each other despite being principally the same "offense".
>>
>>46991903
er, this goes to
>>46991874
>>
>>46991902
It's an experiment to see if anyone actually wants a dedicated board.
If they do, they'll leave naturally.
>>
>>46991884

If the mods were lazy they wouldn't do anything, as usual, because literally every move they make pisses somebody on 4chan off and produces much shitposting that they then have to clean up. If the mods were experimental, they'd make other boards that actually need to be made, like /ag/.

What if they're using /qst/ as a shapshot of the 'quest community', and intend to base the future of quests on 4chan on its success or failure?

We've been getting baited and shitposting constantly over there, and because it's *our* board, it makes *us* look bad.

What if this is all just an excuse to get the casus belli to ban quest threads?

Even if /qst/ succeeds as much as it possibly could, it only means questing will die a slow and agonizing death.

This whole situation is win-win for anti quest fags.
>>
>>46991846
Nah. More like ownership has recently changed and they're trying to either diversify 4chan.org to gain more appeal, or somebody is making unnecessary changes to justify their position and stand out. Nobody gets promoted for keeping things the same.

Clearly however, the person behind /qst/ has no idea how /tg/ or quests from here work.
>>
>>46991902
It's a trial board, my simple friend. As in it's not being treated as a containment board but an actual trial.

Widespread rejection of the idea by the established community the board is ostensibly designed to serve is a noteworthy response.
>>
>>46991928
You sound like a paranoid conspiracy theorist.

Yes, anon. Everyone is out to get you. Fluoride in the water is to attack your precious bodily fluids.
>>
>>46991928
What if this is all an excuse to ban all quests?
Won't be the first time /tg/ had its content creators gutted from it.

It'll blow over in a few years and return to sort of normal, though everyone will remain shellshocked and traumatized about it like with nazimod.
>>
>>46991928
The mod himself has acknowledged that the board would get a lot of shit due to the new board smell, so if they're trying to bait and switch, they've already tipped their hand in the wrong direction.
>>
>>46991957
Now now, he doesn't sound that paranoid.
It's an entirely feasible worst case scenario.
>>
>>46991797
Smut quests were already being deleted long before /wst/ got deleted. That's why some people here hated /wst/ so much, it was the mod's babby full of shit fetishes they protected while everything else had to go.

And the leaked IRC logs proved that the deletions and bannings were happening due to personal tumblr-bias instead of any sort of just rule interpretation.
>>
>>46991790
I don't think extremely vanilla sex is anyone's magical realm, anon.
>>
>>46991972
I hope they don't delete it just because of reactionary backlash.
>>
>>46991951
Maybe they could have approached it in a different manner so that it would be clear it's not an appeasement to anti-quest fags but an actual attempt to grow quests on 4chan. Maybe done some polling to see what ideas people would want implemented. Maybe contact some of the long running QMs and see what their thoughts are.

Instead they rushed this shit and half asset it and now there's so much blowback I would recommend doing nothing until it all dies down and then making changes.
>>
>>46991985
>Implying my magical realm isn't cutesy bullshit, handholding and affectionate lovemaking
>>
>>46991985
That's where you're wrong
>>
>>46991987

They didn't delete /aco/, and that shitstorm makes this one look like a dry fart. Hell, I don't think a single trial board since Hiro became owner has 'failed', so to speak.
>>
>>46992010

/film/
>>
>>46991975

>some people

More like triggerman, and rather than hate I'd call it complete insanity focused solely on spiting an entire community because one person took a dump on Khornette Quest
>>
>>46992010
/film/ lasted less than two hours before being taken down from the tsunami of shit it got. That was half a week ago, and it's still not back up.
>>
>>46991846
>mods know more than anyone about how many people regularly complain
>it's impossible though that they know something I don't, a person who has no access to the details of the system.

The delusion of the questfag ladies and gentlemen.

Let's be real: why do you think it's impossible that most people view >>>/qst/ as an improvement to dumping quests on an unrelated board like /tg/?
>>
>>46991972
>>46991987
Present situation is that board is in trial state. And everyone who actually tries to herd a quest there gets banned.

In couple days, Hiroshimoot will declare "we were worried there will be 1000 memes on /qst/ (actual quote from Manager), but there wasn't so many meme, board is success and permanent now". From that point onward everyone who doesn't herd the quest there will be banned.

Know the difference, it can save your user privilege.
>>
>>46992040
>>46992026

I blame /tv/ for that one
>>
>>46992045
Because the only people who seem to care about it in a positive light express it via shitpost, and the anti-questers never top out over a dozen people on any board with ID tracking.
>>
So, are lewd quests alright on /qst/?

I might start one, if they are.
>>
>>46991998
>>46992007
Well then.

I guess you guys better pray Hellborn and HMQ actually return after this fiasco.
>>
>>46992087
nope, against the rules
>>
>>46992087
Not any lewder than you can get on /tg/
>>
>>46992087
Sorta. You can have sex scenes frequently as long as they're not the main/only guiding force, I think.
>>
>>46992068
/tg/ doesn't have ID tracking, why would the opinion of /pol/ matter?

Also, I guarantee you if quests were moved to /pol/?
>>
>>46992087
It's disney level of lewds
>>
>>46992039
Yeah I'm pretty sure it wasn't just one troll that was pissed off.

I admit I was just a bit upset about the blatant favouritism too, especially after seeing the logs where the tumblrmod is going on about how creepy and problematic a smut quest is and literally asking the other mods for advice on what excuse zxhyr can use to ban it.
>>
>>46992111
anon, you do realize that both the new quest discussion board and the old board discussion board had ID tracking, right?
>>
>>46992106
Orc Warlord.
>>
>>46992114
Including Frozen and that furry thing?
>>
>>46992130
Left a while ago.
>>
>>46992142
Left in protest/fear, not because it was forbidden on /tg/.
>>
too little too late, this board has already become /co/ 2.0
>>
>>46989522
sooooo DW3?
>>
>>46992045
It's possible, but very unlikely, since it's gotten shit on on /qa/ and a /tg/ sticky with that ostenible silent majority never chiming in to shout down the questfags.
>>
>>46991991
>so that it would be clear it's not an appeasement to anti-quest fags
That was never the point. Backlash to the idea was immediate, and the board was implemented anyway two hours later.

/qst/ is not meant to serve the needs or desires of quest players or QMs. It was to appease anti-questers who loudly and repeatedly requested such a step with a thin, poorly-considered veneer of "new features!" to try and take the sting off.
>>
>>46992129
and? The population of people who care enough to ask on /q/, or troll you fags on /qst/ (which is honestly just false flagging) are not the same populations that would care enough to shitpost on an off topic thread in /tg/. Odds are the mods have information on complaints posted on /tg/ and accurate information on just how disruptive quests threads are.

Also, I can't see why any anti-quest thread anon would troll you guys on who go to /qst/, since you're doing exactly what they want.
>>
File: leia.jpg (166 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
leia.jpg
166 KB, 800x600
>>46992114
>disney level of lewds
That's pretty lewd.
>>
>>46992183
>We have a huge majority! They just never chime in anywhere that happens to be able to track people, and in all the scenarios where you can track people show them as a very small minority!
>>
>>46992066
I get the strange feeling /tv/ would love this specific post, strange.
>>
>>46992183
>and accurate information on just how disruptive quests threads are.

Question: How are quest threads disruptive? How is any thread disruptive? they just kind of sit there where you can ignore them if you aren't interested.
>>
>>46992216
You know why? because the silent majority has Quest filtered.
>>
>>46992176
I honestly like the new features. You'd be surprised how often I would wish for italics. The problem is that it's a buggy piece of shit that never really needed to exist and doesn't even work right.
>>
>>46992267
Incorrect. The silent majority simply ignores people bitching about quests, and runs with no filters since they do not require a hugbox with only their preferences.
>>
>>46992285
Oh, so you don't have an actual reason. I see.
>>
>>46992114
>disney level of lewds
WEW LAD
E
W

L
A
D
>>
>>46992267

Member of the silent majority here.

Do I hide the crappy anime-inspired quests? Yes.

Do I bitch about it? No.

You know what we got in place of quest threads, before and now?

>Space elf thread, wat do
>Excuse me, _
>If _ then why didn't _?

tl;dr it's faggots like you who are ruining /tg/. Go fuck yourself with a rake.
>>
File: mama.png (31 KB, 218x384) Image search: [Google]
mama.png
31 KB, 218x384
>>46992285
>Go post a /v/ thread on /ck/.
don't tempt me
>>
>>46991846
I think pink was just a retard trying to justify his position.
>>
>>46992320
>>46992267
as a member of the silent majority, the main problem with /tg/ is people bitching that this or that isn't /tg/, or complaining about this or that in threads not related to it.
>>
>>46992317
BARBED
LION
COCK
>>
>>46992345
You do realize that the moment you state your stance, you stop being silent majority, right?
>>
>>46992320

>Space elf thread, wat do
>Excuse me, _
>If _ then why didn't _?

I'm not sure if you're saying you prefer these, or dislike them more. oh well.
>>
>>46992360
sorry anon, as a member of the silent majority, I had to make myself heard by people who wanted to speak for me when my opinion was almost the opposite of theirs.
>>
>>46992345
>>46992331
I'm not one to bitch usually, but I think /qst/ is a good idea, and all the shitposting in this thread about it is annoying.

If quests were successfully moved from every board onto /tg/, they can successfully be moved to a better newer board for them.
>>
>>46992345
I'm perfectly willing to live and let live and coexist on /tg/ with things "Excuse me, comissar" and even things like minecraft and SS13, but the moment salty /qa/ fags try to claim that quests are less relevant to the board description than those is where I draw the line.
>>
>>46992320

>is in this thread
>calls himself a part of the silent majority
>>
>>46992382
I gotta say, the best thing we could do for /tg/ is becoming much more allowing of most things.

The puritanical attitude of shitposters on /tg/ has done more to bring down this board than any number of elf wat dos and excuse me commisars.
>>
>>46992370

Eh, sometimes they're fun, sometimes they're just repetitive.

I also forgot

>Bitches for Ursula Doom
Mods/Janitors killed those, though.
>>
>>46992382
>"Excuse me, comissar"
No, that one needs to die.
>>
>>46992391
As a member of the silent majority, I am offended that you think the silent majority isn't investigating all things at all times.
>>
>>46992360
Doesn't stop everyone from pretending to be them.
>>
>>46992409
Anon, maybe if you stopped referring to things you don't like as "cancer" people would be on your side.
Another thing that would help is avoiding wild exaggerations like 50%.

In short, please consider writing your comments in a way that an actual human would sympathize you.
>>
>>46992409
>le 50% meme
>>
>>46992409
>/qst/ obviously isn't going to succeed if you let crybabies boycott it.
This isn't a boycott, it's a suicide pact.
>>
File: 1461895733813.png (43 KB, 955x181) Image search: [Google]
1461895733813.png
43 KB, 955x181
>>46992409
>50%

Oh man back to this lie
>>
>>46992427

Hah! Someone, a member of this very community, already tried that up there and they got shouted down even more viciously. You fucks are like dolphins, you don't see civility as a strength, but a weakness, and violently assault everyone who tries to behave civilly with you.
>>
>>46992434
I just wish he put the calculation on the lighter green part because it just burns my eyes to look at it.
>>
File: 1439582651908.jpg (533 KB, 1250x931) Image search: [Google]
1439582651908.jpg
533 KB, 1250x931
>There's no high-quality content on /qst/, the new quest board!
>Yeah, that's why I don't post there!
>No, I'm not moving my long-running quest there, it's full of garbage content that doesn't get replies!

Not even anti-quest, but are you guys seriously that retarded? Flood the board with your higher-quality content than what's being posted to filter out the garbage threads.

I could count 20 threads or more at some points during that past 6 months when it came up between friends (a row in the catalog of nothing but quests was kinda funny), so quit your "muh minority" bullshit. Look at /asp/, 80% wrestling since it got retitled.
>>
>>46992376
They weren't successfully moved from every board onto /tg/. Some /a/fags got real angry about their three or four quests in 2012 or so and cried to moot, who moved every quest he could find onto /tg/.
The ones from /a/ universally died off, and the ones from other boards went back after a month or so when the mods stopped caring again because their boards had never cared in the first place.
The idea that most, or even some quests on /tg/ came from other places is factually wrong.
>>
>>46992409
Maybe people would be more receptive if you didn't have to blatantly lie to make your points.
>>
>>46992448
Oh, you mean the guy who lied about the numbers of quests?
Perhaps you should try making statements that are truthful instead of relying on lies, exaggerations, and vitriol?

Maybe then the mods would be on your side?
>>
>>46992434
while that estimate is closer than the other guy's it's not accurate either plenty of quests don't label themselves as such
>>
>>46992463
>plenty

Name 5
>>
>>46992453
They'd be flooding the quest board with good content if they wanted a quest board.

It's up to the people who wanted the board to furnish it with content to attract people.
>>
>>46992453
I'm not moving there because I actively hate the idea and would rather see quests banned sitewide than contribute to it.
>>
>>46992502
>This poor fuck
You mean yourself.
>>
>>46992486
That won't happen since it was created at the behest of a few terminally asspained whiners on /qa/.

Your statement implies that the concept was championed in good faith.
>>
>>46992515

Keep being paranoid.
>>
>>46992523
Keep samefagging.
>>
>>46992486
>They'd be flooding the quest board with good content if they wanted a quest board.

You know, you people keep saying this, but you never really define a flood.

Only one QM can make a quest and run it and I doubt there are QMs who can run two at once.
>>
>>46992502
That "poor fuck" tried to use bullshit economic theory that runs directly against the hard data and refused to change his stance after being shown objective facts against his claims.
>>
>>46992502
That poor fuck's entire argument was based on a lie.
>>
>>46992553

Yeah I'm sure the massed vitiriol he got on his first post was totally his fault m i rite guise?
>>
>>46992376
I think /qst/ could have worked, if it was given more than a two hour heads up. and if pinktard had actually asked for ways to make the board work more than two hours before adding it regarless of neative feedback

>>46992502
he was optimistic, hell I'm trying to be optimistic, but he was bullied off the thread for claiming quests were gaining popularity, when all evidence points to the contrary. not for his optimism.
>>
File: skelly with cig.jpg (517 KB, 1735x2325) Image search: [Google]
skelly with cig.jpg
517 KB, 1735x2325
d20 or d100 ?
>>
>>46992453
The best part is that the shitposting/meme/generally crappy quests on /qst/ that they're bitching about are literally made by fellow questfags. Anti-questfags have literally no reason to make shitposting quests on /qst/.
>>
>>46992519
that's sooort of exactly the point I was getting at.
Nobody wanted the board who actually makes content or does anything, and so the board will not have any content or anything done.
>>
>>46992563
>4 replies

"massed vitriol"
>>
>>46992563
>Anything not agreeing with a post is vitriol
People only got annoyed at him when he started insisting lies were truth without supporting evidence.
>>
>>46992453
>Flood the board with your higher-quality content than what's being posted to filter out the garbage threads
There is not enough higher-quality content to do this. This is one of the reasons we don't need or want /qst/
>>
>>46992580
mostly likely bored /b/ tards doodle a stick figure, write two lines and get bored.

anti-quest guys are in the feedback page
>>
>>46992578
d333
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.