[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #811: Not Naming Names Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66
File: 1442013359136.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1442013359136.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46976576
>>
Jumpers, what do your Companions know about your first, normal life and the mundane identity you had back then?
>>
File: antispiralhuman3.jpg (24 KB, 459x279) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman3.jpg
24 KB, 459x279
>>46988111
As much as they're willing to believe. Which is surprisingly little in some cases, and it's not like we brought anything with us to Pokemon to prove it.

There's one exception-our former name. It's gone so hard, it never existed to prevent us from being targetted by name-based magic.
>>
File: hody jones.png (715 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hody jones.png
715 KB, 1280x720
Now decided on Mack D. Knife as my name for One Piece.

It's funny because I'm a great white shark fishman.

Well sort of funny anyway,

Look out old Macky is back!
>>
>>46988266
Any relation to Mack the Knife from Captain Commando?
>>
>>46988111
Probably everything they learn from the blacklist session during the Gaki no Tsukai challenge.
Of course, once we go back I'll be back to my old self, albeit looking radically different. They'll have to get used to it.
>>
>>46988328
Well they're both named after the same song.

Was a way for me to incorporate the D initial and have something to do with sharks.
>>
>>46988111
Well, of course there's some stuff I want kept secret, but I mostly tell them what they want to hear. Family, education, friends, significant others, lifestyle, hobbies, talents, status, etc.
>>
>>46988111
The first couple believe because they were close enough to the first life that there isn't much to disbelieve once they see otherworldly powers and join the Jumpchain.

The later companions have a hard time imagining the crazy road tripping merchant could have been anything but a crazy road tripping merchant.
>>
>>46988266
Speaking of which,

Those of you who were a Fishman or Fishman Hybrid, what fish did you pick?

I went with Hybrid Lionfish for the venom and because it looks cool.
>>
>>46988111
Nothing. Well, except Avalanche, but he's got a Mental Bond with me. I can't hide anything.

He keeps telling me it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. How if it had been, I'd have never gotten to meet him in the first place. He keeps telling me original-life-me was actually a pretty cool guy.

To this day I can't bring myself to believe that.
>>
>>46988665
The one who's in the mirror.
>>
>>46988111
They know nothing.
>>
>>46988111
That I had that life. I'm not sure how much I'd talk about it, since after a while you'd think that two or three decades in one world would up contributing a relatively small amount to who you are after a few centuries.
>>
When I make copies of myself, do they have all my unique gear too? If they do, does that gear also have a fraction of its initial power like my abilities? Also was there any consensus on how copies work when going to different jumps? Are they companions and can they then get companion import features? My jumper pretty much always has two copies of himself active at all times
>>
>>46988665
I went with a Barracuda once. Fast and biting
>>
>>46988111
Companions? What Companions?
>>
>>46988915
Depends on the perk, I guess.
>>
>>46988915
>>46988965
At the very least they wont be naked on creation i hope
>>
File: 1461419612704.jpg (75 KB, 596x470) Image search: [Google]
1461419612704.jpg
75 KB, 596x470
Meta thread question:

When someone asks a thread question to try and foster discussion, what kinds of questions do you like? Questions that fosters writefagging like asking about accomplishments or your character arcs? Discussion about the best order to do jumps or which jump is the best place to get something? Working out combinations to accomplish impossible tasks or kill invincible foes? Talking about jumps you'd like to see made?
>>
>>46988111
They know a bit, though I don't go shouting it about, unless I'm saying some Gar speech for a companion in need or I'm talking down an enemy who thinks their hot shit. Though I do reserve talking about memories of my old life for when it can hold sentimental value. But sharing nice little heart to hearts with companions, reminiscing about experiences that even hundreds years of memories still can't seem to clog up, is quite a nice moment to have.
>>
>>46988111
that it was bad enough and I hated it enough to throw away everything I have, never see anyone or anything I had ever known ever again.
>>
>>46988965
I'm talking about the Teen Titans one. Most other copy perks are just temporary or have doubles that are just illusions. At least that's what I've found. Is there another copy perk that's better than the Teen Titans one?
>>
>>46989006
I love questions that inspire writefagging, because I find the creation/thinking of some of the jumpers here to be really phenomenal. And I actually like questions that inspire the answer of cool perk/power combo's that do really cool shit.
>>
>>46989006
I'm a "Day to Day" bullshit type of person, aesthetics, combat styles, minor stuff

Really looking for the "best X" is kinda pointless effort rather than finding "what will help me do X"
>>
Clover.

I need you to be honest with me, so I can determine how badly I fugged up.

What is the Ogami's true form revealed in the mirror?
>>
>>46989062
There's loads of ways to get copies, so it was pretty unclear. Through most temporary or illusionary, yes.

If you don't need armies, there's Alice - Through the Looking Glass has Tweedlified, which gives you a full power copy, and Libriomancer has Hiveminded for 9 other bodies.

The teen titans copies do come with gear and clothes when you make them. Not sure if it'd copy unique stuff you're carrying through.
>>
Is the Luck perk in the Halo Gauntlet the best luck perk in the chain? It says that "the odds always roll in your favor", so does this make it absolute luck in a sense? I say in a sense because "you can still die if you do something stupid"
>>
>>46988111
Depends on the chain and on the companions. Ava in the recent ones heard me ranting often enough.
>>
I have an undertale Question; How good/bad an idea would it be to give Flowey a human alt form? Would this do anything to actually help him or would he still be Flowey on the inside (as much as I can say without spoilers... I swear putting spoilers in front of anything about Undertale has become a meme in and of itself.)
>>
File: Truly the face of disaster.jpg (119 KB, 830x1167) Image search: [Google]
Truly the face of disaster.jpg
119 KB, 830x1167
>>46989180
>Ogami

Truly its the most horrific form of all
THE HAREM PROTAGONIST

okay yeah I wouldnt know, i just really wanted to do a horrible pun.
>>
>>46989192
Well now I know the next two jumps I'm going to! I figured that my copies wouldn't have the unique stuff I'm carrying, so I'm picking up extra unique weapons for use by my copies. I figure it'll be more versatile anyways if I'm attacking with multiple top-tier weapons .
>>
>>46989192
>Through the Looking Glass has Tweedlified, which gives you a full power copy
No it doesn't. It explicitly states that your raw power is unchanged; it's dispersed evenly between both bodies. There's the obvious multitasking boost, of course, but both bodies are at half power.
>>
File: 1243644730025.jpg (11 KB, 300x231) Image search: [Google]
1243644730025.jpg
11 KB, 300x231
>>46988111
They probably know quite a lot, if almost everything about it. Who I used to be, and all that. What would inspire a person to go on such an adventure, before finally starting to modify their body to such an extent that they're anything BUT human anymore... what would drive that person to pursue the alluring promises of magic and demonhood.

Long story short, they pretty much know I started as a giant fucking nerd. They can also tell that I still am a nerd.

So how do they react to it? They probably rib me like no one's business. Joking about how I'm going to burst into flames if I ever walk on holy ground, asking if the doors are going to be big enough if I want to try a place to eat at, and so on and so forth. This isn't them being mean, but more a playful ribbing to point out how far I had come from being the tiny little nerd that started out on this journey of insanity. Why hold the past against someone if they're working to improve and get beyond that point to become someone better?

That doesn't stop them from making fun of me for my name, though.
>>
>>46988665
I went great white as it's all about bigness, strength, mad biting and doesn't look too retarded.

Figure you could be a handsome great white fishman in a way you'd struggle to with some of the others.

Mostly went for basic function as although poison and that sort of thing is nice it's still pretty mundane and fundamentally I was going fishman in the first place because they're an anime-tier nonsense 'strong for no reason' race so I played to their strengths.

Plus Arlong bites through a cannonball thereby rendering it harmless and there's not a tonne of places where that's an attribute of a race you can be.

Considered marlin for 'gotta go fast' and sword nose but sword nose is not a great look.
>>
>>46988111
The first companion knows, directly from me.
They've told others down the line but maybe some of them know bits or Chinese-whispered versions.

Others have been hiveminded with me for short periods, so they probably caught glimpses of pre-jumping memories, but it's possible they think it's just another jump.
Or maybe they think the jumps with particularly strong influence on me are my original life.

>>46989006
All kinds. We have all kinds of people in thread so just ask whatever.
>>
>>46989257
Really? That's stated really akwardly, if true. It mentions not doubling, amplifying, changing, or amplifying your power, and the notes say you draw power out of the same energy reserves.

It says nothing about for example only being able to punch at half strength.

I interpreted it more like you would be fueling both bodies with the original amount of mana/stamina/chi/whatever as when you had one body, effectively doubling your energy consumption.
>>
>>46989257
>>46989388
Oh. Same guy here. To expand on that, if it really does half your power instead of simply drawing what's still one pool of energy...

What does this line mean?

>Multi-tasking and creative use of it in general can realistically circumvent the original rule that this perk will not double your powers.
>>
>>46988111
Not much, I do tell them a few things if they ask, but I never volunteer much, the only time I did was when I explained what was happening they Jumped with me into the World Seed for the first time.

Oh and like >>46988234 my name doesn't really exist any more, it's now just Noel.
>>
>>46989388
I think you'd have the same strength, but each body could only lift the combined total. So one of you could lift your maximum weight, but the other one couldn't lift anything at that point or you'd both get a hernia.
>>
>>46989483
That sounds really fucking weird. Then again, it's Through the Looking Glass, so...
>>
>>46989388
I am off my game today. I could have swore it said both were at half power. My apologies.
>>46989457
No clue man. Ask the jumpmaker, I guess. I love the prose in the descriptions, but sometimes I have a hard time sussing such things out.
>>
>>46989519
Exactly. If it made any sense at all, it wouldn't work as a power.
>>
If you decide to carry certain drawbacks on into further jumps, are you stuck with them forever or can you decide to get rid of them at a certain point?
>>
>>46989686
You can choose to get rid of them whenever, but when you do, you can't get them back
>>
File: 0206.jpg (80 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
0206.jpg
80 KB, 704x396
>>46989230
Well, let's see...

Flowey's problem is that he lacks the anatomy (both real and metaphysical) to feel emotions. He lacks a monster's SOUL, which grants the ability to feel, but he's also a FLOWER, which doesn't have any of the chemical mishmash humans use to feel emotions either. He just straight up can't feel feelings.

Giving him a human alt form might actually allow him to feel, because he'd have organs and glands that are able to secrete chemicals (like oxytocin) allowing for feelings of love!
But it would only work as long as he stayed in that altform. If he turned back into a flower for any reason, by choice or otherwise, he'd lose that. What's more, because his emotions are heavily dependent on his physical structure, his personality would probably vary depending on what altform he was in.
So. Y'know. Don't ever import him as a Shoggoth. That'll end poorly.

Also, because there's a heavy variance between humans, even with working brain chemicals he probably wouldn't regain his previous before-I-became-a-flower feelings unless you went in and tried to mess with the output yourself. And that could just as easily cause severe mental damage or make things worse unless you REALLY know what you're doing.
So maybe stack some perks.

At least, that's how I think it would work...

So, short answer: That would probably actually work! But it'd be much more tenuous than getting his SOUL back, and be more likely to result in only partial success.
>>
>>46989231
Oh god not another one.

but seriously, if anybody knows an answer would be great - the last thing I need is finding out I'm wielding an ornery Fingerking.
>>
>>46990077
Context: i have three god damn companions who're pretty much harem protags.
>>
File: Konata.png (138 KB, 350x317) Image search: [Google]
Konata.png
138 KB, 350x317
>>46989939
As an added note, I guess I'll mention that it also depends on what KIND of human you import him as. Because you're not really replacing his SOUL so much as working around it (unless there's a setting that explicitly gives you a soul if you don't have one, in which case he'd have that setting's definition of a soul -- and all the baggage that implies for that setting).
How humans deal with not having souls varies wildly by setting. For some settings it never comes up at all and isn't that big a deal. For others, it's a HUGE deal and can even turn you into a monster. And not the cute fun kind.

So basically just choose wisely where you get his altforms from. It's going to have a major effect on his personality.
>>
>>46989939
>>46989230

fallen London has everything you need to make a new soul and put it in him.
>>
Question for the Brows:

Any chance on a Killer Instinct update with the new Seasons / new characters being added?
>>
>>46990115
>Spoiler
Did you at least use that to your advantage?
>>
>>46990167
did you check the drawbacks? Because I think that's one of the zero point drawbacks.
>>
File: soulknife.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
soulknife.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>Huppermages

So does this mean another Wakfu update?
>>
>>46990248
I feel so damn sorry for Wakfu Anon.

Most their god damn stuff either is WIP or needs an update at this rate.
>>
>>46990248
Explain this animation is this an update to the wakfu game or is this an cartoon?
>>
File: antispiralhuman.jpg (48 KB, 383x420) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman.jpg
48 KB, 383x420
So. Apparently going over old builds, I am terribad at doing improvised accountancy. The point being, some things had to be shuffled around in the Dogs of War jump, and as a consequence the psychic spiders have been retconned.

And after tallying point allocation balanced between different things in that jump I have realised my #181th jump looks to be very fucked up in an entirely different direction. How, you might ask?

Drawback: The End Times, I will Return! (2100)

>Complication: The Hag Queen of the Druchii

High Elf: Loremaster of Hoeth (1800)

Vow of Poverty (2100)
Mage (Free)
Mage Lord: Shyish (Free)
Advisor (Free)
Winds of Magic (Free)
Wizards Hat and Cloak (Free)
Vision of Perfection (1800)
Quell Animosity (1500)
Aura of Nobility (1300)
Dwarven Will (1000)
Ancient Lore (900)
Necromancy (500)
Necromancer Lord (0)

So um. On a scale of 1 to 10 exactly how bad a misunderstanding would arise if I were to seek out the Sword of Khaine, convert it into an Angel Slayer through Soulfire-enforced corruption, reforge it into an AK47 with infinite ammo before attempting to unify the elves-and then the other mortal races-against Chaos?

>>46990077
>>46990115

Actually I asked Clover about this ages ago. And the answer is, indeed, snek.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/44905652/#44915851
>>
>>46990280
Looks like both.

>>46990272
That's just how it happens, I guess.

He's always got Vandread, Totally Spies, I.M. Meen, Betrayal At House on the Hill, etc.

Too bad Johnny Test is getting a new season.
>>
>>46990395
>Spoiler
Please tell me you are lying please. I can't stand another season of that fucking show.
>>
>>46990422
That's just what I heard.
>>
>>46990395
> Too bad Johnny Test is getting a new season.
The Canadian Content law is the worst thing to come out of that country.
>>
>>46990395

>Too bad Johnny Test is getting a new season.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE.
>>
>>46989939
Heh, I really wasn't planning on importing him anywhere. I would like to earn him as a companion but I was just wondering if the Ultimate Disguise perk from Unholy Heights might help him at least temporarily.
It looks like if you take fallen child and don't do that and aren't a complete psychopath you stand a good chance of having to play stand in for Frisk including likely fighting either Omega Flowey or His true form at the end. I am not sure how I would fair against stuff that can wipe out timelines. Especially without a SOUL as strong as Frisks.
All in all the best victory would be one where I don't have to face down an angry god drunk off his new power.
>>
>>46990248
Isn't that girl from the Dofus era?

If I'm wrong and there's more Wakfu, can you tell me about it?
>>
>>46990321
>Kalashnikov
>>
>>46990649
Wow, really? That jump isn't exactly well liked, but...

In that case, I can't be sure of the exact metaphysics (as if I'm sure of any of this; these are mostly educated guesses), but I would imagine it would work roughly along the lines of what I described.
Flowey gets a human form, it comes with working brain chemistry, he's able to feel emotions. Happy fun times.

Given his... personality? before becoming a flower, I'm going to say it would probably be HEAVILY reduced from that. Like, I don't think he'd just turn around and want to give you a hug. There's no way his chemistry levels are working hard enough for that -- and given that the human form is working off of Flowey as a base, they might even be below average. But the parts should be there. I would think. At least if everything is working correctly, they should be there.
Also, given what he's like in his True Form, I'd hazard to say he wouldn't notice the change immediately. Maybe not even for awhile.

But it'd give you a foothold, and that's what matters, because there wasn't one before.
If Flowey is able to feel emotions, even just a little bit, that would enable him to form attachments again and actually enjoy things, and from there you'd be able to talk to and reason with him and maybe come to some kind of understanding.

After that, all you have to do is figure out how to keep the other monsters from trying to kill him for his nonexistent SOUL.
>>
>>46991057
>Well liked
A few people whine because two perks in it have no canon basis. No worse then KanColle or Fountain including non canon stuff the author wanted, it's just that they never shut up about it.
>>
>>46991123
>Not well liked*
>>
>>46991123
I'm not exactly a fan of the Fountain either but Kancolle's a fine jump other than one perk.
>>
>>46991191
So Unholy Heights other then two perks.
>>
File: photo.png (90 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
90 KB, 308x308
>>46991057
... I mean, the alternative is that all that stuff about brain chemistry I just said DOESN'T work, and Flowey ends up with an emotionally gimped version of the human body because his previous form was emotionally gimped.
I mean, we have sociopaths in real life.
I don't know, I don't pretend to know how this would work for certain.

But, again, if that were the case, you could always go in there manually and jumpstart the oxytocin and various love chemicals yourself, assuming you had the ridiculous biological surgery knowledge or magic or love potions or whatever you'd need required to do so.

The point is that if you gave Flowey a human body, if nothing else he'd have the base mechanisms installed that should allow him to feel feelings, and after that it's just a question of whether or not those start off on the right settings or not.
And that's really just a case of your opinion.

Anyway, I think I've covered everything by now.
>>
>>46990248
I'm not sure why, but I read that as Humpermages and I was confused.
>>
File: What is this.jpg (60 KB, 522x438) Image search: [Google]
What is this.jpg
60 KB, 522x438
>>46989006
H-hey
someone saved one of my crops

>>46988111
I don't collect companions like Pokemon, I only really have a few and I generally try and downplay my supernatural powers. I eat and bathe every day. Disbelief sets in when they see the powers come out, but as they get their own powers from the jumps they come to understand.

Still, they have a hard time accepting that they are living in worlds of fiction.
>>
File: tuxedo nope.gif (1 MB, 400x289) Image search: [Google]
tuxedo nope.gif
1 MB, 400x289
How do you convince folks not to be afraid of you, /jc/?
>>
>>46992105
Apathy and alcohol.
>>
>>46992105
Appropriately enough given your image, a jaunty top hat. A monocle, too. Even the scariest monster looks friendlier when it's dapper.
>>
For the guy considering working on Mage: The Awakening, second edition is coming out on May 4th, so it might be a good idea to delay until that's out. Other than that I'm willing to help out if you want, tend to be on IRC relatively regularly, especially around times when I'm posting. On the Supernal Magic is detectable and counterable by local magic a slightly more fluffy phrasing could be something like: "As Supernal Magic draws upon the Truth of reality it is somewhat subjective depending on the jump you are in. Most notably this means that it qualifies as that jump's magic for the purposes of other people detecting and dispelling it. Other than that it will remain largely constant, except for Arcanum adapting to deal with corresponding subjects. Spirit can always deal with ephemeral beings, Death the undead, and so on, though secondary Arcana may be necessary and especially potent ones would fall within the domain of Archmastery to create."

On the guy asking about Baal and Marduk I apologize, currently having writer's block in that area. Feel free to make your own within reason, generally I go for one big thematic effect, a few smaller ones, a power up condition relating to the primary domains of the god, a transport power, and then just relatively generic ones for remaining domains. Feel free to fanwank within those general guidelines, which I'll probably be adding when I finally update Percy Jackson. My apologies, I'll try again when life stops kicking me (great grandmother is dying any day now and health is acting up just in time for end of year crunch on school).
>>
Does anyone know of any jumps with drawbacks where an enemy gains all your powers? Want to test how my jumper does against a mirror match fight
>>
>>46992388
Dragon's Crown lets you fight your double.
>>
>>46992388
Don't those drawbacks have the enemy having your powers and leaving you with your injump powers?
>>
>>46992412
not all of them, some just have the double gain your powers
>>
>>46991284
Wow, thank you for a thorough and well thought out response. I am not sure that it is the rout I will take but it is nice to have options. Unfortunately I; through taking too many drawbacks, may have painted myself in to a bit of a corner. So I may need to deal with Flowey before he can screw me over even further than I have already screwed myself over. If I can make him somewhat manageable and willing to hear me out I may just have a chance at juggling all the other problems I caused for myself.
>>
>>46992388
>inb4 i eat my double and double muh stronk
>>
>Ratchet and Clank Movie came out
does this mean a R&C update for new canon?
pretty please? the movie was so bland and I just wanna feel the fun I used to feel from the games.
>>
>>46992566
You want the jump updated with bland content?
>>
>>46992624
movie was bland as shit
game looks FANTASTIC
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 672x740) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 672x740
>>46992105
Regardless of my powerset most people wouldn't fear me. Even if I am a planetary wiping, Megastructure making, Von nuemann nightmare I usually have people fairly calm with my presence. Unless of course you are a enemy to JUSTICE! In that case, those individuals are a special kind of fucked.
>>
>>46992566
Speaking of movies, jumpers! What movies have you inspired? For an example, were movies made about you and the other Eva pilots' heroic battles against the Angels, foiling SEELE, and smashing the Human Instrumentality Project to pieces?
>>
>>46992655
Definitely I watched a stream of it a few nights ago. The game looks absolutely amazing.
>>
>>46992655
Ah, didn't realize there was a new game out. My bad.
>>
>>46992105
The key to this one is simple. Don't act scary, try acting like a normal person. Don't toss around powers on a whim.
>>
>>46992388
God Hand
>>
How do classes work in the darkest dungeon gauntlet? Do i pick one for each member of my 4 man team? Do I pick a class for myself?
>>
Question about the One Punch Man jump, is there a way to get to the level of power Boros displays? I know we can get to Saitama's level(that's the joke), but is that possible?
>>
>>46993030
can't*
>>
>>46992655
The game is practically the first game remastered and retold. It's really fun, if not very short.
>>
>>46993236
watching a let's play of it now since I picked the wrong fucking console and not even Game Stop wants this shit.
>tfw I could have been playing Ratchet and Clank but the Xbox 360 was cheaper at the time and I stuck with it into Xbone generation
kill me now
>>
>>46992388
Persona, although in that case they have all your powers on top of being a berserk Shadow.
>>
File: image.jpg (187 KB, 635x1025) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187 KB, 635x1025
SAMURAI JACK (18)
--LOCATION--
Northern Europe
--BACKGROUND--
Bounty Hunter (900cp)
Male, 23yo
--SKILLS--
•Engineering (800cp)
--PHYSICAL ENHANCEMENTS--
•Indomitable Will (700cp)
•Elemental Affinity (Light) (400cp)
--MAGIC--
•Enchanting (200cp)
--ITEMS & EQUIPMENT--
•Signature Outfit
•Robot Database (-200cp)
--DRAWBACKS--
•Watched (0cp)

AKU! It would seem that my arrival has triggered Aku's interest. Which is unfortunate because all he does is send more his assassins and monsters after me. They're pretty dangerous, but so am I. It was kind of thrilling but I grew bored of having Aku hunt me and my companions, so I found Samurai Jack.

I decided that it was probably best to just stick with Jack. Together we just make chump change out of the robots Aku sends. Even when Aku comes down from his throne and we kicked his ass. Well Jack did, I just tried to survive. My trip here was interesting, I hope my next trip is as interesting.
>>
>>46990321
>And the answer is, indeed, snek.

Sonofashit.

Welp, looks like I'm figuring out sneksperiments.
>>
In the Witcher jump can I take become a monster even if I didn't take Witcher as an Origin? And if I am able to , does it give me the basics Perks the witcher Origin has like the ability to make signs?
>>
File: liquid snake.webm (825 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
liquid snake.webm
825 KB, 720x404
Do you still stay hydrated, /jc/?
>>
>>46994361
I am the essence of liquid refreshment.
>>
>>46994361
Hydration is important!
>>
>>46994361
That's oddly cute.
>>
>>46994361
I have so many Wells I am a living monument to hydration. I've even altered my blood to have magical water. So hell yes, water is good.

Also holy shit I want to hug that snek.
>>
>>46994533
Considering that snake can't see because it's in middle of a shedding cycle, it'd probably bite you.
>>
>>46994533
Speaking of your thing with water, do you know some perks good for purifying polluted water on a large scale?

I plan to purify the River Mortis in Warhammer Fantasy.
>>
>>46994803
...honestly? Aside from magic... hold on.

-Water Element (Captain Planet)
-Reduce, Reuse, Recycle (Captain Planet)
-A Loving Earth (Anno 2070)
-Purification (Inuyasha)
-Water Mana Node (Age of Ice)

The latter is more to purify spiritual stuff at the source, but the others are technology and abilities that not only let you make SUPER eco-friendly stuff, but also slowly but surely clean up any pollution that you may encounter. The Captain Planet combo helps as well, since the more time you spend in an area the more the pollution just cleans itself up. The Node just helps out if you have magitech capabilities to infuse it, as the Node ensures the purest, cleanest water around.

I'm sure there's more you can do with other magic and stuff, but I'd personally start off with that and start building off of it as a base. The important thing aside from making it clean is KEEPING it clean.
>>
>>46994561
stop with your logic and shit. There are cute things about
>>
>>46994803
You could try to catch Suicune in Pokemon, it's known for purifying bodies of water it runs on.
>>
>>46994968
Given the fact that the main things that fucked up said river were Skaven poisoning (so, magical poisons + plagues and warpstone), magical plagues from Nagash, and Nagash casting a spell that killed and reanimated everyone in the (very large) kingdom plus turned the kingdom into a desert waste at best and a blighted magical murderuin at worst, I think he needs a bit more of the remove magic/spiritual influence and a bit less of the "make eco-friendly tech and remove normal pollution."
>>
File: Tau fire warrior.jpg (75 KB, 700x612) Image search: [Google]
Tau fire warrior.jpg
75 KB, 700x612
Gue'la why do you not fight for the greater good?
>>
>>46995088
Because me and my Necron pops destroyed the Tau for being Weaboos.
>>
>>46995088
No can do.

My waifu is the greatest good I'm ever getting.
>>
>Bioshock jump doesn't let you become a big daddy
For what purpose?
>>
>>46995088
Oh, but I do. Mindfucking soulless morons just aren't a part of it.
>>
>>46995088
Because I'm not a communist.
>>
>>46995119
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2qRDMHbXaM
>>
>>46995139
…You WANT to be a mentally and genetically 'sterilized', skinned metahuman permanently encased in a modified diving suit, with a psychological and biological compulsion to guard little girls who drink the blood of dead people?

For what purpose?
>>
File: 1231290571892.jpg (22 KB, 135x216) Image search: [Google]
1231290571892.jpg
22 KB, 135x216
>>46995086
>mfw
...WELL THEN.

I think there was a glowing vial of water from Siren: Blood Curse that's got the power of a goddess and could cure a crazy magical malady? Shit shit shit I think Yu Yu Hakusho's got some purification stuff too. ...depending on how you do it, you could pick up 'Black Hearted Bastard' in Once Upon A Time or 'Re-Birth' in Cardfight Vanguard!, then just jump in the pool and suck up all the corruption like a sponge while stacking personal anti-corruption perks to become a living purifier via sucking the corruption from the area?

...ahahaha, oh wait. Binbougami has a capstone for Priests that could help with focusing and channeling energy to fight corruption, that could help. Fuck me for forgetting my own jump.
>>
File: Goddamnit.jpg (211 KB, 1200x868) Image search: [Google]
Goddamnit.jpg
211 KB, 1200x868
Well.

Fuck This isnt even the final revelations but geez

For the record I'm apparently supposed to herald the message "Go fuck your self with a fucking rake" in reaction to this, or something along those lines
>>
>>46995422
So Romans were actually Chinese all along?
>>
>>46995422
>Humans giving information to the roaches
But why. No, seriously, fucking WHY?! God damn it humanity, do you WANT to die?
>>
File: 1234831250245.jpg (49 KB, 740x419) Image search: [Google]
1234831250245.jpg
49 KB, 740x419
>>46995422
>Rome is responsible for Jesus-Johj
>Rome and China have fucked it up for everyone
>this is the hubris of man
>mfw
Man. I'm just laughing. I'm not sure if it's rational but I'm just laughing at how much of a clusterfuck this is.

>>46995479
Apparently they gave the Roaches a bible, too.
>>
>>46995471
Roma instigated the Roaches turning Chaotic Evil.

China tried to capitalize on it.
>>
>>46995479
Apparently from what I've been told. Sorta, they want to use the virus to kickstart the singularity and transhumanity.
>>
>>46995422
Oh my, looks like I'll have to slaughter some puny humans that jump as well.
>>
File: ITS ME AUSTIN.jpg (20 KB, 642x361) Image search: [Google]
ITS ME AUSTIN.jpg
20 KB, 642x361
>>46995471
>>46995479
Rome is the Vince McMahon of Terraformars. It was them all along Austin

Also there's some nation wide subplot involving like Transhumanism stuff or something but I really dont understand at this moment
>>
>>46995422
Don't forget that Newton (referenced in the Roma Warrior perk) has several mosaic organ abilities without having the organs, on top of some other superhuman bullshit.
>>
>>46995422
>second spoilers

So I take it the update's going well.
>>
Oh right I forgot the ULTIMATE kicker to this.

1. The roaches are a hivemind

2. The roaches would have turned into A PERFECTLY PEACEFUL RACE had Rome not fucked it up
>>
>>46995496
>Jesus-Johj
What.
>Gave them a Bible
WHAT?!
>>46995512
>>46995530
Why not just grab the virus themselves? Wasn't the whole thing started by, America I think, using the alien tech to evolve the roaches into super soldiers, or am I remembering wrong?
>>
File: [barks internally].jpg (32 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
[barks internally].jpg
32 KB, 480x360
>>46995422
I don't know what to say. I honestly don't know what to say.

Is there some kind of political agenda to this? Why would they do that? What's the benefit?

Someone help me figure this out. I can't do it.
>>
>>46995088
Because you don't fight in melee.

>>46995422
Damn you Caesar! Does your imperialism have no bounds!
>Brutus was right. Make the republic great again.
>>
File: HATE. HATE..jpg (59 KB, 625x419) Image search: [Google]
HATE. HATE..jpg
59 KB, 625x419
>>46995562
>That spoiler
Words cannot express the depths of my rage at this current moment.
>>
>>46995422
And where the fuck does Rahab fit into all of this still?
>>
>>46995570
>>46995590
Do you even think I know where this is going? Cause I sure as hell fucking dont

>>46995559
I'm apparently supposed to message incomprehensible screaming to you so. Yeah
>>
>>46995218
The little girls part is all I need to hear
>>
>>46995218
Probably for the same reasons people like to be Super Mutants, Kaijus, SPESS MEHREENS, Zerg, Doomsday styled Krtypontian Hybrids, and so on.
>>
>>46988111
Emmy has threatened to cut my arm off again if I bring up my prime life just once more. She thought it was neat at first, way back in pokemon, but she got sick of me talking about my wife after a dozen or so Jumps. Chartreuse never expressed any interest, though she's picked some up from osmosis. The shipgirls have all heard some stories, but most of those were from during the chain. Hime's too busy having fun to really care about origin stories.

No one's called me by my birth name in over eight centuries...

>>46994361
Of course! A healthy body is essential! Granted, I don't need as much water as others, but it's still a good drink to have even if Ambassador Molari never touches the stuff.

That's not to say there aren't boozefests every now and again.

damn that snake is cute. Is it just me or is her left eye clouded over to point of blindness?
>>
>>46995628
...I am SO nuking these guys, and that solar canon is going to be PERFECT for it! Right after I use it to wipe out the roaches and d̶e̶f̶a̶c̶e̶ improve Mars with my face like any sane person would do!
>>
>>46995660
Now now, Super Mutants, Kaijus, and Zerg (especially Primal) don't HAVE to be brainwashed in any way.
>>
>>46995693
Snake's probably just shedding, happens right before they tear the skin off.
>>
>>46995705
>Not putting your face on the sun.
SCRUB!
>>
>>46995422
So, wait.

What happened to that stuff about the missing planet, the Rahab pyramids, the evolution the moths are also going through?
>>
>>46995693
The eye is blind, that's because the snake is about to shed it's skin. This includes the eyecaps, which are translucent scales. Snake scales don't flake off like skin or stretch that much. So they shed their skin because they're growing too big for their old one. This leads to blindness for awhile until they shed.
>>
>>46995705
>Mars face
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgLaDRUL2dI

>>46995707
Neither do the Alpha daddies. They just got biologically linked and memory wipes.
>>
>>46995422
Anyone else feeling that even the creator of this series has no clue where this is going? Either that or I'm just stupid.
>>
>>46995769
Kinda feel they're at the point of "who cares".
>>
>>46995769
The jumpmaker has no clue where this is going anymore.

[Wake me up]
>>
>>46995735
>>46995769
WE DONT KNOW

Suddenly Rome is like the super illuminati and are like really high tech this whole time or somthing
>>
>>46995729
>>46995763
Should have paid more attention in that biology class from ten years ago.

Anyway, have a build!

Jump 61: Medaka Box
>Mentality
Alias: Jane Doe
Sex: Female
Drop-In
>Perks
Lip Service--kiss can transfer one power at a time to one person at a time, kiss takes it back
Label--say something, trick target into replying, and trap them in a card. max five cards at a time.
>Items
Normalize Liquid--injection that shuts down any actively directed ability for fifteen minutes. No effect on passive abilities.
>Drawbacks
All Jokers--arrogant to point that always allow enemies a free shot.

Thinking I take a break and spend most of the Jump in the background. Build a tranquilizer gun but load it with the Normalize Liquid to quietly deal with rowdies. Definitely need to actually watch the series before I have a clue what I'm doing.
>>
Would anyone like to fill in a person who doesn't read Terra Formars on what's going on?
Most of what I know is from the Jump itself.
>>
>>46995854
The manga has gone and retconned half of what's in the jump.

The update's going to be more of a rehaul.
>>
>>46995854
Basically, remember all the stuff we thought china did? It was actually Rome all along.

Plus we're basically in a sort of "Phase 3" of the story where the roaches ended up on earth and stuff. And that's really all i got from friends telling me about this
>>
>>46995887
>Half
Really? It changed that much? A lot of the perks seem pretty general or based on character's past actions so that seems like a bit of an exaggeration. I could see some like the Roma Warrior one but most seem very hard to retcon.
>>
>>46995088
Greater good this, greater good that, once you've seen one you've seen 'em all.

Spoilers: They never work out in the long run, someone always gets greedy.
>>
>>46995422
Yeah, this manga keeps going to strange places, especially with it's crazy Men In Black Kamen Rider esque organ things. Luckily, a good old Biosculptor sharded companion or Bio Tinker companion can fix the disease bullshit, and I'm simply gonna gar speech the rest of the people on the mission into being okay people. Also help Japan, because their cool in this setting.

at least with the latest manga releases, some cool tech gets invented in 2600.
>>
>>46995088
Greater Good?
Jokes on you spaceman, I only fight for the greatest good!
>>
>>46988111
Absolutely nothing. Chimmy has everyone thinking I was a Pokemon trainer, due to the shenanigans in Mystery Dungeon and having to re-train my old team to listen to a fellow Pokemon. I've never had any need to disabuse them of the idea.

I've shared bodies with these people and they still don't know. Because it was never on my mind at the time.

>>46992105
1. I stack adorable and beauty perks. I do not look like a threat. When I'm not hiding behind some sort of illusion, children walk up and pull my tail or pet me in the streets.
2. I am very dumb, so they fully believe they can outsmart me.
3. Being actively nice and helpful most of the time, and using your powers for nice things really helps. I grow food and heal people.
4. Multiple perks that make it seem like I am harmless and just very lucky. Both the underestimating me kind, and the making things look like happy accidents kind. And actual luck perks.
5. Actively listening to and responding to normal people. Engaging people like a normal person tends to take the edge off.
>>
>>46992105
Fear is a weapon. Why would I deprive myself of a weapon?
>>
>>46996411
Swords to plowshares?
>>
>>46995496
Please tell me they are not going to say that Rome is trying to bring about Judgement day with the Roaches...
It's such a dumb idea but I can't really see any other direction they are going with this.
>>
>>46995900
...I'm fairly certain thats an error in translation, considering that Beetle guy is alive there.
>>
>>46996812
Not the anon. Its from the more recent chapters, it was a flashback telling us what they actually saw other than the posters in the pyramid, the "We are the cosmos" signature.
>>
>>46996812
It's in the newer chapters.

Which also include an armed Yakuza gang murdering an entire colony of Johj in some absurdly spacious Japanese waterways. least i assume they're Yakuza judging by the tattoos this guy's bearing, and he's eating one of the fucker's brains for added 'wtf' too.

fuck me this update's gonna be difficult.
>>
File: TIGER 1.gif (2 MB, 348x233) Image search: [Google]
TIGER 1.gif
2 MB, 348x233
>>46996970
To be fair Yakuza are apparently the secret op characters in things these days
>>
>>46996970
...Are you talking about the Prime Ministers bodyguard?
>>
>>46997010
Man, Kazuma dodges rockets like they're nothing in game 5.
>>
File: q016.jpg (245 KB, 728x1225) Image search: [Google]
q016.jpg
245 KB, 728x1225
>>46997014
I admittedly have forgotten how a few chapters have gone, but just lookathim.
>>
>>46997047
Ok, yeah, I was wrong.
>>
>>46997079
At this point I just want the damn thing to end already. Make my job a helluva lot easier.
>>
>>46997117
So are you actually OAA or just teasing? If you are, could we please get an update on all those jumps you've claimed? It's been months since we had any word.
>>
File: antismileral.jpg (13 KB, 236x200) Image search: [Google]
antismileral.jpg
13 KB, 236x200
>>46990911
We're going to be fighting a prolonged campaign in a land war with really bad weather, against opponents who variously don't rely on supply chains, don't honor concepts like "logic" or "reality" and at least one of which is on the cusp of becoming their own magical WMG.

If anyone has a better idea for a gun that won't break down for years of intense fighting than a Kalashnikov we're all ears.

>>46992105
Less terrifying avatars. Pic related.

>>46994361
Actually no, we're technically constantly on fire to the point we had to develop special internal subspaces to store our bodily fluids so they didn't get vaporised on contact with our main multiverse-body.

>>46995088
Better question Tau, why do YOU not fight for OUR greater good? We've already got the Necrons and the Imperium signed up to a mutual defense pact, and double teaming the Warp is the greatest good there's ever gonna be.

Which is a far freaking cry from the allies available in Fantasy Battle. Setting aside that we were way less powerful then when it comes down to allies it's going to be hard to find any similarly competant anti-Chaos allies while simultaneously imposing our spiritual purity into Morathi's chaos-taint. The best we can think of is using Soulfire and Revivification to ressurect the original Slann.

Other than that the Bretonnians are apparently being deceived by an Elven god which doesn't say good things about their intelligence as a culture, the ogres and Nagash are part of the problem, the Empire aren't contributing much unless that Sigmar fellow shows up sometime within the jump's timeframe and the dwarves caused a lot of bad blood in our own faction's history.

Unifying the elves is, comparatively, going to be somewhat easier. Especially since we have a dragon to ride. That always gets feudal societies hyped if they're on your side right? Now if only they could learn how to build and use anti-material rifles...
>>
>>46997128
By this point, it's been 300 threads and almost a year since Jump Rain was supposed to happen.

We're not getting those jumps.
>>
>>46997305
>double teaming the Warp
That wouldn't sound dirty if it wasn't coming from you.
>>
File: Grey_Knight_Grandmaster.jpg (454 KB, 900x1284) Image search: [Google]
Grey_Knight_Grandmaster.jpg
454 KB, 900x1284
>>46997339
DIGGANOBS!
>>
>>46997386
Huh?
>>
147. TOME
Perks: Libra System, Battle On, Hot Stuff Comin' Thru (-100), Beauty Was What Killed The Beast (-600),
Welcome to The Guild (-400)
Drawbacks: The Owchies are legit They Don't Quit (+100)
Class: Animalistic, Power: Rat
Perks: Shoot an Icicle, Remember the Basics, I've Got At Least One HP, One With The Code [300 CP] (-600), Swift as a Coursing River (-50), The Force of a Great Typhoon (-50), Strength of a Raging Fire (-100), Gonna Bite your Nails off and Spit them in your EYE (-200), Friend of Nature (-300 CP)

So, everyone gets the Libra System perk for free, which grants 1000 AP. The import means I get to do 1 300 CP build and one 1000 AP build for each of my eight companions, and the perk names in this are sometimes pretty long. So, I need two posts for this one.

We played the game for this one, mostly. There were a few stumbling blocks at the beginning, like the sisters of battle tricking the system by each inputting a different image for their shield, and when placed next to each other, that image was quite provocative. That got them a temp-ban until they changed their shields. Other than that, though, it was really fun for my companions. I, however, am not the MMO type. Especially one with such a small world. I can't even wander off or craft items or anything.

I just chilled with Gamecrazed, and told them I was a jumper and couldn't log out either. They took it in stride, really. I even told them where to find that absorption bit that held the Forbidden Power after Nylocke, MASTER OF THROWING AWAY MACGUFFINS, lost it. What they did with it after that was unknown, but it stopped the plot dead in it's tracks. I may have also told the other Netkings about D-Bugger antics, pretty directly. Names were named, evidence was brought forth. Rubirules was fired. That was it. Not even arrested, just went on to work at a different company, intensely unsatisfied with the software.
>>
Wait, Rome made Johj evil? How?!

It was the Bible, wasn't it?
>>
Chimmy: Competitor, Libra System, BATTLE ON, It's About Time, Rank Up (-100), Give It Some Oomph (-200)
Class: Fighter, Power: Monkey King, Shoot an Icicle, Remember the Basics, I've Got At Least One HP, Swift as a Coursing River (-50), The Force of a Great Typhoon (-50), Strength of a Raging Fire (-100), Mysterious as the Darkside of the Moon (-100), Close Quarters Kickass (-400), Kiai! (-300)

Falco: Roleplayer, Libra System, BATTLE ON, Dragon of Cold Steel, Earnest Heart (-100), My Blade Is Tempered By My Ideals (-200)
Class: Spellcaster, Power: Void, Shoot an Icicle, I've Got At Least One HP, A Hero's Flight (-50), A Hero's Flight (-150), Rock You Like A Hurricane [Void] (-400), Cloud-Killer (-400)

Roberta: Competitor, Libra System, BATTLE ON, It's About Time, Survive the Drama (-300)
Class: Morphological, Power: Wax, Shoot an Icicle, Remember the Basics, I've Got At Least One HP, Bada Boom (-200), My Shield is As Strong As Steel (-400), Variable Form, Arcane Unguent (-400)

Ko'el: Roleplayer, Libra System, BATTLE ON, Dragon of Cold Steel, The Legend of Jumper (-300)
Class: Fighter, Power: Slingshot, Shoot an Icicle, Remember the Basics, I've Got At Least One HP, Sharp Shooter (-200), Big Shooter (-200), Swift As A Coursing River (-50), The Force of A Great Typhoon (-50), Strength of a Raging Fire (-100), Gimmick Shots (-200)

SoB: Roleplayer, Libra System, BATTLE ON, Dragon of Cold Steel, Earnest Heart (-100), My Blade Is Tempered By My Ideals (-200)
Class: Mechanical, Power: Gattai, Shoot an Icicle, Remember the Basics, I've Got At Least One HP, Swift As A Coursing River (-50), The Force of A Great Typhoon (-50), 2 Get Equipped [Defensive Shielding, Heavy Weapon {Chainsword}] (-600), Programmed To Fight (-300)
>>
>>46988234
That's not how name-based magic usually work tho. It's the name that "define" you at any given moment that matters, not the original and long forgotten one
>>
>>46997717
Asriel: Social Butterfly, Libra System, BATTLE ON, Hot Stuff Comin' Thru, Beauty was what killed the Beast (-300)
Class: Swordsman, Power: HYPERDEATH, Shoot an Icicle, Remember the Basics, I've Got At Least One HP, A Hero's Flight (-50), A Hero's Flight (-150), Swift As A Coursing River (-50), The Force of A Great Typhoon (-50), Strength of a Raging Fire (-100), Mysterious As The Dark Side Of The Moon (-100), Blade Forged In Legend, Arc Edge (-200), Boomerang Blader (-300)

Isaac: Newbie, Libra System, BATTLE ON, A Hero's Wings, Purple Shadows (-100), Foul Hacker (-200)
Class: Mechanical, Power: Upgrade, Shoot an Icicle, Remember the Basics, I've Got At Least One HP, Swift As A Coursing River (-50), The Force of A Great Typhoon (-50), 2 Get Equipped [Flight, Missile Pods] (-600), Programmed To Fight (-300)

Toby: Newbie, Libra System, BATTLE ON, A Hero's Wings, Git Gud (-300)
Class: Morphological, Power: Entropy, Shoot an Icicle, Remember the Basics, I've Got At Least One HP, Sharp Shooter (-200), Variable Form, Gum Up The Works (-300), Toxic Body (-300), Rust Monster (-200)

Three posts, actually.

My companions grew bored with living on a relatively small floating island fairly quickly. They burned through tournaments, quests, whatever they could find and it still wasn't enough for them. They power-leveled like mad, being unable to actually leave the game and go about doing whatever else. Every little expansion was explored so thoroughly they could tell you everything there like the back of their hand.

They did make lots of friends, though. Like, fanclubs of friends. Being really strong and really hammy tends to do that in games.
>>
File: antispiralhuman1.png (60 KB, 704x478) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman1.png
60 KB, 704x478
>>46997775
1. Pretty sure it depends on the setting

2. That's the thing-the spell we used creates a blank space in fate to prevent a new name from ever defining us in the future.
>>
Asa do you have the pastebin for how you became the anti spiral? I've never actually read how you did it.
>>
File: antspiralhuman.jpg (12 KB, 292x165) Image search: [Google]
antspiralhuman.jpg
12 KB, 292x165
>>46998526
You mean the universe-body one, right? Technically the full extent of our capabilities is an aggregate of many, many other combos developed over the course of the chain but this is the one that explains why we look the way we do.

http://pastebin.com/duAnfz3X
>>
>>46998604
Yea the universal body, sorry should have specified.
>>
>>46998604
Also someone said you had a bunch of judgements inside you, how?
>>
How do the drop-in in "Changeling the lost" work?
You are dropped into Arcadia and spend 1d8 years there before "the benefactor" bails you out and then spend another 1d8 on earth? does this mean that the duration of the jump can go between 2 and 16 years?
>>
File: ASAs.jpg (16 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ASAs.jpg
16 KB, 640x360
>>46998609
Oh, that? Think that was covered under that pastebin but basically-we used Temple of Thought to combine the properties of an Angel's Grace along with those of a Fallen London soul. Which is actually less an intrinsic part of a sapient being and more like a sort of spiritual spore that exists to soak up your hopes and dreams so that when you die it floats into the sky and gets eaten by a star.

Unless it becomes super buff at first, of course. And Angel Graces get super buff from absorbing the power of souls; the ones from Supernatural are particularly buff and ages ago we developed a system to mass produce souls.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46002230/#46004506

Then we just bought tonnes of Fallen London souls, traded them to the Devils for lots of Coruscating Souls (which are particularly buff and near becoming a star), absorbed those and used the aggregate spiritual power within ourself to supercharge them into becoming Judgements metaphysically part of our very being.

Although by now it's not the vastest spiritual energy source we have, that would be the perpetual energy AT-field microverse array detailed in the addendum of this combo.

http://pastebin.com/2XLisSNN

>>46998629
The time spent/passed stuff is just supposed to be memories and the actual stay is the usual 10 years
>>
>>46998663
So you get memories even with the Drop-In option? that sucks
>>
>>46998629
Sorry, last post was wrong.

You always appear in the jump when you "escape" from Arcadia, and the jump ends in ten years from that point like normal.

The rolls are for time you experienced before the point of "dropping-in" which is a little unusual since drop-ins normally don't get extra memories.

The first 1d8 is the time you experienced in Arcadia, while the second 1d8 is the time that actually passed in the real world (which is not really important for a drop-in) since time doesn't always flow right in Arcadia.

So a roll of '1' and '8' means you experienced a year (before you drop into the jump) and 8 years passed on Earth while you did so. That 1 year of experience doesn't count against your jump's 10 year time limit.
>>
>>46998723
Yeah, there's no escaping Acadia-PTSD. Which is part of the point of the setting/jump.
>>
Are there any physical equivalents to High Energy Reaction from NGE? Like, instead of shaping constructs out of your soul to boost your powers, you grow tools or organs or whatever that do. I prefer having something physical I can point to, rather than something ephemeral.
>>
>>46998842
I suppose that any freeform shapeshifting ability combined with the Jojo vampire capstone and high amounts of technical knowledge would let you do that.
>>
If 2 people have spatial manipulation (X-men) or 2 machines do they stack linearly exponentially or not at all when compressing the same space.
>>
Not really a jc question but anyone else get into the dreadnought beta?
>>
>>46998842
Combining >>46998855 with EVO's Bolbox or Drop In perklines and either the Quantum Evolution, Bioscullptor or Imaginary Form perks from Worm and Alpha level Biomancy from 40K or Light of Terra ought to do the trick

>>46998897
I don't even know what that is.
>>
>>46998723
There is an option (provided in the Notes) to start directly at your Earthly arrival point rather than spend time trapped in Arcadia, but you give up (cannot buy) Changeling abilities.
>>
In Worm does the Alexandria Package enhance each muscle fiber's strength seperately or does it act more like an invisible power armor providing a flat boost?
I'm trying to determine how much my strength would increase in my LoSS dragon form with it, considering I'd already be able to toss around 30 tons since I'd weigh much more than that.
>>
Is there a non savage salvage tech to biotech option? i want to turn my LoT into a worm entity (but smarter and part of my zerganid swarm) and I need that to finish.
>>
So let's side that I have been using Dark Binding a lot. And have a lot of soul enhancing perks.

What are my chances on the Warp if I were to do the Imperium Jump? I have been saving this one for a while, since the Warp and the C'tan are scary as fuck.

Iirc, Slanesh was 'born' (I know that Chaos Gods are weird and they don't exactly 'born') by eating a shitload of Eldars souls.

Could I become a Chaos God if I were to step into the Warp?
>>
Where is anon with Tom & Jerry jump? He posted wip and disappeared after that.
>>
>>46999225
Do you want to eat the ship and recreate it as a Zerg Cerebrate or made into one of the Entities from Worm?
>>
>>46999225
yes in G.I. Joe but you have to actually understand the technology first.
>>46999328
that is too big a wank even for me.
>>46998842
Omega level self molecular manipulation from X-Men cinematic
>>
>>46999392
>that is too big a wank even for me.

Well, the Emperor matched the Chaos gods by reincarnating into a HUGE soul. And then uniting the human race under his banner.

If soul power is what determines what you can do in the Warp, I have plenty of that.
>>
>>46999412
>Well, the Emperor matched the Chaos gods
1. A fusion of All the shamans in the world, think of that that is what it took to create the Emperor. 2. Was born from Slanesh an entire major Galactic race literally murderfucking themselves for centuries until there was barely any of them left. 3. A daemon prince is described as having "1 billion souls to his name"
3. To become a new chaos God you're going to need a niche that isn't filled by one of the existing chaos gods so good luck with that
>>
>>46999071
>>46998740
>>46998663
How does wyrd works? There are 15 points in the section do i have to buy them linearly or i can pick which one i want ?
In the notes it says that reaching 10 wyrd and 0 clarity is a lose condition so is it fine to have 10 wyrd with 1 or more clarity?
>>
>>46999387
My goal is to fuse the tech to my already zerg tyranid hybrid ship to allow it to grow exponentially. then have my original symbiote/AI companion (fused to the ship) release magical amazo tech parasites (not symbiotes) to target hosts to act as a shard system collecting similar data and providing opposition for my armies that doesn't just get stomped so we can continue to advance.
>>46999392
I'm making all involved tech anyway.
>>
>>46999461
>>46999328
Become the chaos god of religious zeal hijack the imperium be that special kind of asshole. without joking though, there is no way that this idea can not blow up in your face. the warp is one of those things best left alone. Seriously you will fail or wish you did.
>>
>>46999328
>Wanting to have anything to do with the warp or chaos.
It's like you want to die.
>>
In Sins of a Solar Empire, do any of the ships follow me after the jump, or do I have to build them myself?
>>
>>46999706
If you want to, yes. Babylon said you can take any ships you purchase with you, along with the crew they need. And this would make you INCREDIBLY popular with the Vasari. Like mega-jesus levels of popular.
>>
All this warp talk is making me uncomfortable.

How would a necron jump work? Would it?
>>
>>46999814
I went Vasari, so that's perfect. Thanks
>>
>>46999821
that would be difficult if not unfeasible considering by and large they are emotionless robots that do as instructed and don't have thoughts or instincts of their own.
>>
>>46999821
All hail the Necron. But seriously it would be strange, after all like .01% of the race can actually think. Probably less than that, and there would be very few identities imo. Perhaps a pre-c'tan necron jump.
>>
>>46999847
>Perhaps a pre-c'tan necron jump.

And considering what their lives were like that would basically be worse than salt jump
>>
>>46999859
Yes, but any jumper worth their salt could fix that.
>>
>>46999821
Well, it'd be weird, with you being one of the only thinking Necrons

>>46999847
>pre-c'tan necron jump
But why? There's nothing the Necrontyr really have going for them except excessive spite. As far as I know they didn't have much of their iconic tech, and you know, weren't robo-skeletons.

...Admittedly, a perk to accomplish through sheer spitefulness could be fun?
>>
>>46999865
I know you're going for a pun there but you are right, the thing is you should generally try to balance jumps with the pre-assumption that the jumpers fresh from Pokémon and can survive the universe with what is provided in the jump. Also what>>46999875
said
>>
>>46999875
The spite was for the elder ones IIRC, that caused them to do the c'tan stuff. Which just made them more spiteful of a new thing.
>>
>>46999879
I understand that jumps are meant to be like that but many aren't. Warhammer being a prime example (LoT).
>>
File: Antieh.png (139 KB, 399x330) Image search: [Google]
Antieh.png
139 KB, 399x330
>>46999328
>>46999412
Um, are you trying to become a Chaos God or merely a being potent enough to make them sit up and take notice? Because the former is definitely impossible in 40K since over there the Chaos Gods are explicitly born, not made, from disturbances in the Warp.

If it's the latter the main problem is the Emperor was created from the most powerful shamans on Earth, and all the beings anywhere near that level in 40K are either daemons, dead or increasingly rare and spread throughout the galaxy.

However, in Warhammer Fantasy i.e. Dogs of War Teclis (the absolute greatest High Elf wizard ever) and Nagash (the inventer of Necromancy) both experimented in creating potential rivals to the Chaos Gods, Teclis by unravelling a vortex used to partially seal away Chaos for binding the Winds of Magic into mortals to essentially make them potential rivals to them and Nagash by-uh. Actually I'm not sure what Nagash's plan was beyond turning absolutely everything into undead and eating some afterlife gods? His black pyramid of warpstone was crucial though. Either way he kept trying to become Chaos Undivided but the fact that he kept dying and was last seen disintegrating while trying to hold together a rift with the other Incarnates (the guys and gals who Teclies bound Winds into) seems to have shown his reach vastly outstripped his grasp.

Teclis' death in the same incident seems to show taking more than 2 Winds into yourself is dangerous to someone who's "simply" the absolute pinnacle of magical ability and one of the most successful chessmasters in the setting, especially if you get a destabilised Old One artifact involved.

>>46999821
Also, I don't think so. Even by 40K standards the exact limits of what their tech can do and what their full capabilities are like is incredibly vague. And the information about what pre-C'tan, post space travel Necrontyr society was like isn't really comprehensive beyond being obsessed with death and dynasties.
>>
File: peekaboo.png (144 KB, 720x406) Image search: [Google]
peekaboo.png
144 KB, 720x406
>>46999225
>>46999599
Karmatron Dynamics applied to the Regenerator Nano from GUNNM is our personal favorite

Biotechnician from The Polity apparently works too. It sounds like you want something like a sentient swarm of space bugs more than an actual Entity? The perk can do miniature self-contained ecosystems which might help you loads.

Theoretically you could probably do something similar with Sohon from Legacy of the Aldenata , since apparently it's precise enough to create molecular formations that "really shouldn't happen"

Finally Heaven's Lost Property's Pandora V2 and Symbiote's Symbiotes have great growth potential if you have enough biomass.

>>46999218
Based on Alexandra's fights in the story? Invisible power armour providing a flat boost is pretty much canon. It was pointed out her body was weird and hard but brittle, her hair/nails never withered nor did they grow.

>>46999565
Linearly.

Yes.
>>
I was just on the DC wiki and saw Mirror Man and have a vague recollection of him having access to 'mirror worlds', empty worlds that are horizontally flipped reflections of the normal world. Do any of the various DC jumps let you make such tech? If not how would I go about getting it in jump and making sure it works in other jumps?
>>
>>46999949
Nope.
>>
>>46998842
Become a Fog Fleet Ship in Arpeggio of Blue Steel and gain a ship body plus Nanomaterial to build whatever the fuck you want, and if not, then certainly the tools to build whatever the fuck you want.
>>
I'm curious what happens to the necrodermis you gain in the LoT from the tomb spider, anyone know? Also just how much more advanced are the Necron in comparison to some other settings? I ask because I need to know what the Necron tech my Light got could do.

>>46999949
I think narnia has something similar. There is also portamancy or something from shadow ops.
>>
>>46999999
I assumed it became an alternate form after the jump, and they are pretty much in that I Clark tech range. PS that is a very nice post number
>>
>>47000024
Tis a good day to get.

Also thanks, so did the thread get confirmation you can't go full necro? What would the Æonic orb do to a deathstar then?
>>
>>47000066
Ignore the deathstar thing, I just realized the disparity between a 40k capital ship and a star wars station. It'd be like going through tissue paper.
>>
>>46999999
I can't find what you were thinking of in Narnia, and Portamancy seems to be more like alt-history or similar worlds.

Narnia did remind me of the Alice jumps, and Through the Looking Glass has Looking-Glass Mirrors that let me get to an empty mirror world. Not sure if breaking something in a mirror world has an effect on the real thing, or if the reflection will stay broken, but unless the Jumpmaker says otherwise I'll fanwank that things reflections repair once I leave the mirror world.
>>
>>46999908
>Warhammer Fantasy i.e. Dogs of War
Well, since that jump doesn't happen in Age of Sigmar except maybe if you take that one drawback, no, none of that is true.
>>
>>47000066
the Æonic orb is stolen heart of a star harnessed into a plasma projector scaled to one of the biggest warships in 40K, so yeah it would go through like tissue paper like >>47000093 said
>>
File: Capture.jpg (100 KB, 677x544) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
100 KB, 677x544
>>47000098
Pic related was what i was thinking of.
>>
>>47000117
How large is the orb? I was thinking if it isn't too big I may be able to remove the orb safely then duplicate it with TMI and use them as cannon shots.
>>
>>46999847
Not according to the new cannon.

Either way, you could be a necron-overlord and build your way through a small Dynasty or something.

I bet that you can't get more OP than the Supremme Commander Jump.
>>
>>47000149
Become a Necron-overlord, go to sup-com with Necron tech installed in the LoT, mass produce Necron tech with your LoT ACU. Rebuild the Necron race across the omniverse,
>>
File: antiwat.png (200 KB, 469x584) Image search: [Google]
antiwat.png
200 KB, 469x584
>>47000099
Well yes, since beyond that drawback the actual events haven't taken place. But I was mainly talking about the feats being possible, in theory. And I believe those were all from End Times, not Sigmar.

>>47000149
Ahem.

Blame!
>>
>>47000141
well again it is meant to fit on one of the biggest warships 40 K so at least the size of a small house.
>>
>>47000170
>create lots of Pariahs across the multiverse

FTFY since the Necrons aren't a race per se and the Necrontyr are all zombiebots.
>>
>>47000129
Ah, I did see that, but since it just connects to other jumps multiverses or acts as fast travel it unfortunately won't work for what I'm trying to do.

Thanks for the idea though, it made me think of Alice which is really close.
>>
File: tumblr_o35lrmLsDk1udn1q6o3_500.png (129 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o35lrmLsDk1udn1q6o3_500.png
129 KB, 500x273
>>46999332
I've not disappeared. I am just slow as shit at writing up pastebins into proper jumps. Plus I am sitting some exams in a few weeks which is hurting my motivation. If I get off my arse after those and I finish the other thing I am working on, maybe expect to see it late august/early september; although please dont hold me to that.
>>
>>46999908
>>46999655
Well, It was either becoming a Blank or having my psychic presence attracting a lot of nasty beings.

Since I'm not going for the Blank option, I want to see what my options are.

>>46999908
Fanatasy-40k interaction is pretty obscure. Aren't they supposed to be on the same galaxy during the End of Times event?
>>
>>47000175
What can you get in Blame! that is more impressive than Sup Comm? Because I don't remember that you were able to get any of the high-end stuff.

And messing with the City seems scarier than messing with the Warp.
>>
>>47000179
Ok thanks.
>>
>>47000186
There was a jump that had a power like that. I can't remember the name but it would send you to mirror dimensions or something. The drawback was you couldn't return to the original until post-spark, cause infinity small chance or such, and that the places you went to were very minutely different.
>>
>>47000175
>the actual events haven't taken place.
Yeah, much like how with Oldcrons the Silent King hadn't shattered the C'tan and shoved them in pokeballs millenia ago yet.
>>
>>47000255
Could I masterball a C'tan? O_o
>>
>>47000255
The difference being, the events leading up to Sigmar are canon.
>>
File: curious.gif (479 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
curious.gif
479 KB, 500x281
>>47000198
That is...a good question. I'm not sure myself, I thought it had something to do with Warp time shenanigans and alternate timelines or something. I'm probably misremembering completely though.

>>47000212
You can't know. But consider the City breaking down and going out of control ended up creating something the size of the solar system's orbit-and that's maybe only just the industrialised zone since in Blame!'s sequel a single Silicon Life being reaches the edges of the City and finds an undiscovered area without all the machinery built into it. The basics are there though-the Gravity Furnace, the Defragmentation Device, the Net Sphere Reformation Device, the Structure Conversion Tower variants. True it's a bit of a fixer-upper but the City stands as a testament to what can be potentially made from it given enough time and effort-and the City is the system going wrong, not operating at peak efficiency.

For that matter you can't get the top things in Supcom either. And hey, no argument here-that's exactly the point.

>>47000255
Explain how the End Times, which are designed for 8th edition, are equivocal to newcron/oldcron differences in C'tan-necron relations when the latter involves entire editions being updated?
>>
>>47000280
The Necron technology known as the Tesseract is sometimes compared to a Masterball because it serves the same purpose, but no.

Not with a masterball.
>>
>>47000361
How unfortunate, I wont be able to catch them all.
>>
>>47000188
Ok good luck then.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.