[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girls und Panzer: Lafayette Girls Academy Quest 2: #15
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 13
File: 1383525125985.gif (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1383525125985.gif
1 MB, 1280x720
> Monday, June 22nd, 2015

SITUATION: http://pastebin.com/ziMsX6th
MECHANICS: http://pastebin.com/49M2eE8Z
THE RULES: http://pastebin.com/BEsprkBZ
THE TANK: http://pastebin.com/sJsgig6B
THE DIVISIONS: http://pastebin.com/xCQZAdqU

> Divisions pastebin updated: Summaries included for Sherbrooke Girls High, Camp Gagetown, J. Walter Christie, George Washington, and Robert A. Heinlein Academies.

“Er. Winona?” As you adjust the hem of your skirt, you look over to see Winona pulling on a bright white t-shirt to complement her black short shorts, black thigh highs, and brown vest. She ties off her wavy hair into a high ponytail and hooks some sunglasses onto her shirt collar as she checks herself in the mirror.

Last night was a great night as you swept Camp Gagetown in their set, propelling LGA to second place in the Division right behind J. Walter Christie. Another decisive victory might actually place you in first place this weekend, that is, if Robert A. Heinlein were to suddenly be stricken with some sort of plague that sat out all of their tankers. One could only hope. She looks over at you, quirking her brow. “So… what’s the occasion?” you ask.

“Taking an off-day,” she says. “With Grizzy-” Grizzy overnight has become the new nickname for Griselda, “-putting all our practices on Tuesday and Thursday, plus no weekends with all those matches, I don’t get a lot of time to relax you know? It’s summer! Summer’s supposed to be fun!”

“If you thought that, you wouldn’t be in Naval Studies,” you state.

“Well…” She shrugs. “That’s a longer story.” She picks up Cuddles from his terrarium. “Innit, boy?” She pokes her nose against his, then places him in his bag. “I’m gonna take Cuddles to Abby’s then I’m gonna hit the town! You should come with me! I got loads of money to spend if that tickles your fancy!”

> One vacation day won’t hurt… (SPEND VACATION DAY: 1)
> “No thanks, I got work.”
> Other
>>
>>46985667
>>
>>46985667
>> One vacation day won’t hurt… (SPEND VACATION DAY: 1)

Hit the beach/pool!
>>
>>46985667
>> “No thanks, I got work.”
>>
>>46985667
Woops, I'm late.
>>
>>46985667
>> “No thanks, I got work.”
>>

“Fine,” you say.

> -1 VACATION DAY
> Reminder: You can gain more Vacation Days by working hard and impressing superior Naval Studies Officers. Upon attaining Rank One, you can declare Vacation Days for yourself entirely.

You pack up your swimsuits and a change of clothes just in case, Winona takes you to the pool, then walk up next to her. “You’re really going in your uniform?” she asks. You nod. “Hm. Boring. Maybe we should go to a clothes store, I can get you a real nice ensemble, eh?” You shrug. You’re not sure how to respond.

But honestly, you don’t think a Vacation Day directly after a match wouldn’t hurt. Heck, it might help you unwind a little. “So where are we going first?” you ask.

She points up. “Abby’s, then we’re gonna have ourselves some lunch! Come on!” She takes your wrist as you pull up your Officer’s Pad and declare your Vacation Day.

-

-

After Cuddles was dropped off at the Pet Store for the day, the two of you strived to walk around and look for a good place to eat. “You see any good places?” asks Winona. You shake your head. Honestly, you’ll eat anything, you’re just waiting for Winona to say what type of place. A pair of Naval Studies students walk up, then upon seeing you, salute you. You salute them back quickly, then continue walking.

Now you feel kind of guilty skipping out on work.

Winona sighs as the two of you stop at a street corner. “Well, I got no ideas either. I’m not feeling strong either way.” She points to you. “You’re the Commander here, where do you want to go?”

> Embark on a Subquest (Which?)
> Call Somebody (Who?)
> Find a place to hang out
> Find a place to eat
> Other
>>
we love you GS!
>>
>>46986174
>> Find a place to hang out
Don't eat before you swim, and stuff.
>>
File: 1453866909392.gif (132 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1453866909392.gif
132 KB, 500x600
>>46986187
Aw, I love you too, anon.
>>
>>46986174
> Find a place to eat
Om nom nom.
>>
>>46986174
>> Find a place to hang out
>>
>>46986174
>> Find a place to eat
Burgers and Fries?
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

Alright, a tie, one of these things again.

1. Eat out Winona
2. Hang out with Winona
>>
>>46986545
>1. Eat out Winona
plox
>>
>>46986545
Next time for sure!
>>
> Find a place to hang out

-

-

“Mhm…” You decided to humor Winona for a little bit by suggesting you go to a clothes store to pick up an outfit for you. While you were here though, the two of you decided to get to know each other over the outfits she was trying to pick out for you. “So, what’s life like in Trenton, Ellie?”

You shrug. “It’s okay, I guess.”

“Not really fun?” she says as she holds a tank top over you. You shake your head. She frowns disappointedly.

“Well, I mean, I didn’t have too many friends. I put school above a lot of things.”

“Really? You seem more charismatic than you think you are if that’s what it is,” she says as she holds a short miniskirt over your hip. You shake your head. “Aw, come on.”

“Look, I- I don’t do well with uh… I’m not exactly a social butterfly,” you explain. “I’m not Gertrude Pool if that’s what you think.”

“No, you’re much hotter,” says Winona. You roll your eyes. Please. “And you have bigger boobs.” PLEASE. “Oh, I know. Something cool like a leather jacket!”

“It’s 90 degrees out.”

“So?” She smirks a little. “Come on!”

> “Get me something practical.”
> “Fine, something cool.”
> “Actually, maybe I wouldn’t mind something er… show-… show offy.”
> Other
>>
>>46986653
>> “Actually, maybe I wouldn’t mind something er… show-… show offy.”

I literally cannot resist
>>
>>46986653
>>
>>46986653
>“Get me something practical.”

Shouldn't we be doing some side quests
>>
>>46986653
>> “Get me something practical.”
>>
>>46986653

>>
>>46986653
>> “Get me something practical.”
> “Actually, maybe I wouldn’t mind something er… show-… show offy.”
>>

“Something practical, please,” you say.

“Hmph, more like boring,” she mopes. You give her a very stern glare in response. “Just saying.” She fishes out a few clothes. “Come on, I got just the thing.” She drags you over to the changing booth.

And after a very frisky few minutes of her changing you out of your uniform and into your new outfit, you step outside and look at yourself in the mirror. Winona has picked you out a pair of dark blue jeans, mixed in with a light green flannel blouse and a grey t-shirt. Hm, you suppose this is okay. Shirt is a little tight though, you tug on it a bit. Yeah, a little too tight. “You look like a lumberjack,” says Winona.

“You’re implying lumberjacks are not cool,” you say. Lumberjacks happen to have one of the coolest jobs ever. Thank you very much. Besides, she picked these out, what she’s thinking?

“Well, lemme try my stuff on,” she says. “Give me a minute!” You nod, standing outside the changing booths.

And at that moment, you get a phone call.

> OLEG

You pick it up. “Elodie.”

“Zdravstvuj, solnyshka, it’s Oleg. I just got off phone with other much more cuter solnyshka, da?” Uh… is he flirting with you?

“Um, you mean Griselda?”

“Da! She is requesting of me that your Centaur tank be upgraded to Cromwell tank with addition of Rolls-Royce Meteor engine.” Oh? Really? That’s very considerate of her! You were hoping to get that thing upgraded. “But, I had to be very heartbreakingly candid to her.”

“What do you mean?” you ask.

“Engine is 50,000 dollars new, 30,000 used.” Oh. Oh wow. “Da, very few options for me to acquire one. I just want you know that we are looking but GrisGris and I are not made of rubles.”

> “Why don’t I find an engine for you?”
> “I’ll find you the money, don’t worry.”
> “Well, keep up the good work I guess.”
> Other
>>
>>46987239
Time for QUEST
>>
>>46987239
>> “Why don’t I find an engine for you?”
>>
>>46987239
Time to loot a Spitfire. I'm sure the flyboys wouldn't notice one of their planes no longer being able to actually fly.
>>
>>46987239
>>
>>46987239
> “Well, keep up the good work I guess.”
>>
>>46987239
Winona, it's time for adventure!

Should we call the girl from “If Adventure has a name…” quest?
>>

“Why don’t I find an engine for you?”

“What? Where are you going to find engine?”

“Well, I mean, you tell me.”

“Hm… well, I still have contact with Kill Devil Hills team, they own Rolls Royce Merlins converted from Meteors. Perhaps they could be convinced to part with one. That is best option I know. Otherwise, you somehow stumble on 30,000 for used engine, I can work with that.” Fair enough. “Until then, I will keep in touch, solnyshka.”

“Thanks, Oleg.”

> NEW QUEST
> “I got the need…”
> Acquire a Rolls Royce Meteor Engine for your tank
>> Purchase one for either 30,000 (used) or 50,000 (new) dollars.
>> Acquire one from the Kill Devil Hills Skycraft team

And with that, Winona steps out of the booth, wearing a green tank top with dark blue bike shorts and the same black thigh highs. She quickly adjusts her tank top, finding that it was exposing a small part of her lacey black bra. “What do you think, Ellie?” You shrug. “Aw, come on.” She looks at your phone, then back at you. “Who was that?”

“Oleg,” you say.

“Oh, what’d he say?”

> “Nothing too important. Let’s keep hanging out.”
> “We need an engine. You don’t happen to have thousands of dollars on you do you?”
> “We need an engine. Which means we need to talk to boys.”
> Other
>>
>>46987737
Sounds icky!
>>
>>46987737

What exactly does 'used' mean Schteel? It's going to break down more?
>>
>>46987768
That's the implication, yeah. Won't mean you can't nurse the poor baby to health though.
>>
>>46987737
>> “We need an engine. Which means we need to talk to boys.”
>>
>>46987737
>>
>>46987737

Absolutely disgusting
>>

“He said that we need to get a Rolls Royce Meteor engine for him to upgrade our tank,” you say. “But since it’s too expensive, we need an alternative.” You shudder a little. “We need to talk to boys.”

She grins, beaming a little. “Aw, my wittle Marshmelo is afraid to talk to boys!”

“Goddamn it, Winona!” you shout. “Just- let’s pay for this and go!”

-

-

The Hall Monitors standing guard at the entrance to the Skycraft grounds look at you weirdly. “You want to go in to talk to the fecking lads? Ew.”

The other Hall Monitor makes a joke out of it. “Why do you need to talk to fecking boys? Ya looking to make a living as a brasser selling off her box to them flyboys?” The two Hall Monitors laugh outrageously at you and Winona. “Hahaha!”

“… are you going to let us in or not?”

“Ahahaha! Hehehe! Ahaaa…!” They stop their laughing, then nod. “Aye, alright.” They open up the gate for you. “But don’t get miscegenation with them, LGA has gone thirty years without a teenage pregnancy on board! Don’t be the first to break that streak!” You roll your eyes as you and Winona step in.

Loud rock music is playing out in the background as the boys are busy polishing their planes, settling around papers and studying planes and flight patterns, or just relaxing until practice. Lazy bunch of no-good boys. Hmph. You fold your arms.

> Find the guy in charge.
> Go find Jeep Jockey.
> Just walk up to someone and ask.
> Other
>>
>>46988056

>go find Jeep Jockey

He'll lead us to the guys in charge
>>
>>46988056
> Find the guy in charge.
This is official business!
>>
>>46988056
>> Go find Jeep Jockey.
>>
>>46988056
>> Go find Jeep Jockey.

The fact that all the security girls are Scottish kills me.
>>
>>46988056
>> Go find Jeep Jockey.
>>
File: ConsultingDaRules.png (328 KB, 1207x1084) Image search: [Google]
ConsultingDaRules.png
328 KB, 1207x1084
>>46988191
Yeah, Scottish.
>>
>>46988212
....They aren't?

sorry....
>>
>>46988191
Dude.

They're Irish.
>>
>>46988261
....I'm glad I had that cleared up.
>>
File: uwatm8.png (162 KB, 872x661) Image search: [Google]
uwatm8.png
162 KB, 872x661
>>46988304
Don't worry, I'll just need to make it more clear in the future.

If you're wondering though, the stereotype of Irish goons as policemen is a very old one anyway and it's not very valid anymore what with increasing diversity in police ranks.
>>
>>46988338
Oh, OH

I didn't know you were making a reference like that.
>>
> Go find Jeep Jockey.

You find his Jeep settled next to one of the big hangars housing the Lockheed Hudsons. The canvas cover is up, and his feet are on the dash as he lies back and naps. “Hey!” you call. You stand over him. “Jockey!” He groans, forcing himself awake. You spits out a load of… whatever that is, then looks at you, angrily. “Jock, I need your help.”

“… um. Why?” he asks. “What for?”

You fold your arms. “I need to get my hands on a Rolls Royce Merlin to convert to a Meteor Engine. You’re the only guy here that I know that could probably help me.”

“… That’s uh… that’s a funny joke.” He sits up in his seat, rubbing his forehead. “You’re joking right?” You shake your head. He looks over to Winona, who also shakes her head. “Okay. Let me be straight. That’s not going to happen.”

“Why not?”

“We buy these engines ourselves, hell, some of them we built with our own two hands too,” you say. “We restore them, they’re our babies. We’re not gonna give them up. That’s a fact.” Oh great. You knew this was going to be a problem. There has to be a way though.

> Charm Jockey into finding a way with your feminine wiles.
> “Okay, thanks anyway.”
> “There has to be a way. Can’t you help us?”
> Other
>>
>>46988471
>> Other
"Then bring me to your boss."
>>
>>46988471
>> “There has to be a way. Can’t you help us?”
>>
>>46988503
Yes we know, thank you anyway.
>>
>>46988471
>>
>>46988471
> Other

>We're not asking to get them for free but maybe we could arrange a trade or somesuch.
>>
>>46988471
>>
>>46988471
>>
>>46988471

And add ", please?" to the last question.
>>

“There has to be a way,” you say. “Can’t you help us, please?”

And that genuine bit of begging from you actually stops him stone cold. He leans forward on the wheel of the Jeep, curling his lip. “Er…” He looks up at you and Winona. Winona folds her arms, giving him a nod and pointing her head to you. “Look. I’m just a Jeep Driver. I don’t uh… I don’t do things involving engines.”

“Maybe you know the boss man though?” you ask. “Jack Cochran. Maybe you can convince him.”

“Please, he’s the guy who put me in this Jeep,” he says. “Look, I’m all for helping you guys. But I don’t see a way to actually help you guys. That’s just it.”

“Maybe there is, and you don’t want to because you’re scared.” You lean on the Jeep a little. “Look, I-“

“Get off my Jeep,” he says. You quickly stand up straight. “Okay. Look. I’m flattered you girls would come to me, that’s great and everything but-“

You and Winona fold your hands together and kneel beside him. “Please!” you both shout. “Please, please, please please.” Desperation is kicking in.

“Alright!” He honks his horn, getting the two of you to shut up. “Alright, alright, fuck it! I’ll help you but goddamn it, stop annoying me!” Yes! You high five Winona. “But listen, you gotta meet me half way. You think you can do that?”

“Anything!” you say.

“Good!” He nods slowly. “Christ…”

“So uh…” Winona blinks. “Now what?”

“I didn’t say I’d do it now,” he says.

> “Do it now!”
> “How do we meet you half way?”
> “Well, later then, Jock.”
> Other
>>
>>46988821
>> “How do we meet you half way?”
>>
>>46988821
>>
>>46988821
>>
>>46988821
>>
File: HaHA time for tanks.gif (991 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
HaHA time for tanks.gif
991 KB, 500x281
>>46988821
>“How do we meet you half way?”

What have we agreed to? Lewds?
>>
>>46988916
Yes, but none feature him in any way.
>>
>>46988304
>>46988338
>If you're wondering though, the stereotype of Irish goons as policemen is a very old one anyway and it's not very valid anymore what with increasing diversity in police ranks.
Paddy Wagon is in fact derived from the idea that Irish had super high arrest rates, and got reinforced when Irish started getting hired as a large percentage of police forces.
>>
>>46988821

>>

Ugh, semantics, semantics. “How do we meet you half way, Jock?”

“Eh, that’s…” He shrugs. “Honestly I don’t know. I guess you girls might just owe me a favor for now. Look.” He holds out his hand, giving you two a stern gaze. “I’ll talk to Jack, I’ll see what I can do about getting you two an engine. I can’t guarantee I’ll have it today. But, I will try to do my best.”

“You’re going to make me do something ridiculous aren’t you?” you ask.

“Well, now that you mention it,” he mutters. You slap him upside the head. “Ow!”

“Seriously, what do you want us to do?”

“Us?” asks Winona.

“Look, I don’t know. I just want you girls to know that you owe me. And I hope that I can cash that in at some point, alright?” He grabs the wheel then starts up the Jeep. “Give me your number so I can call you.” If that’s his way of getting your number just so he can ask you out on a date, it’s a smooth way of doing it. You transfer his number to your cellphone, and vice versa. “I’ll call you if I get something, alright?”

“Alright,” you say.

He nods to you, then drives off and away, presumably to meet with Jack.

Hopefully that goes well.

> Explore the Skycraft Grounds
> Embark on a Subquest (Which?)
> Call Somebody (Who?)
> Find a place to eat
> Other
>>
>>46989252
>> Find a place to eat
>>
File: Adventure!.jpg (50 KB, 476x345) Image search: [Google]
Adventure!.jpg
50 KB, 476x345
>>46989252
>Embark on a Subquest (Which?)
Adventure calls. Let's leave this boypit.
>>
>>46989252
>> Find a place to eat
>>
File: Girls und Yummy.gif (143 KB, 476x633) Image search: [Google]
Girls und Yummy.gif
143 KB, 476x633
>>46989252
>Find a place to eat

Victory Nibbles!

Well, sort of victory.
>>
>>46989252
> Find a place to eat
>>
>>46989252
>>46989288
This anon has it. And think of how much loot we can carry away with Winona as an extra pack mule.
>>
File: yooooo intensifies.png (212 KB, 645x973) Image search: [Google]
yooooo intensifies.png
212 KB, 645x973
>>46989369
Please, Winona is for lewds, not for pack muling.
>>
>>46989252
>>46989288
This
>>
>>46989252
> Find a place to eat
>>
>>46989252
>>46989288
Supporting this.

We need to get some of these Side-quests done, their growing.
>>
> Find a place to eat
> Embark on a Subquest (If Adventure Has a Name…)

-

-

The two of you decide to have a couple of burgers and fries to eat while you wait for Kathy to meet up with you two. “I haven’t introduce you to her have I?” you ask. Winona shakes her head as she munches on her cheeseburger. “She’s some sort of adventurer or treasure hunter or whatever she makes herself out to be. She wanted me to help her find stuff in the deep bowels of LGA. Hope that’s okay with you.”

“Nah, I love adventure!” says Winona. “I say we go! Maybe we’ll find something useful!”

And pulling up into the parking lot now is Kathy in her big truck. “Hop in!” she says. “We’re going to hunt for treasure!” The two of you hop in the back, the passenger seat being taken up by Rhys, and only Rhys today it seems. “This your friend?” You nod, and the two of them shake hands. “Kathy! Nice to meet you!”

“Likewise!” Winona smiles. “So, what buried treasures are we hunting today!”

“Hehe!” Kathy rubs her hands together. “There’s rumors about a treasure behind the waterfall at Mount Montagne!” She looks over at you. “What do you think?”

> “Bogus.”
> “Worth a look.”
> Other
>>
>>46989874
>> “Worth a look.”
>>
>>46989874
> “Worth a look.”
>>
>>46989874
> “Worth a look.”
Of course there's a treasure. It's a waterfall. Hiding shiny things is practically their whole reason to be.
>>
>>46989874
>> “Worth a look.”
>>
File: Adorable wishing star.gif (469 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Adorable wishing star.gif
469 KB, 400x225
>>46989874
>“Worth a look.”

Traditional hiding place. I hope we find something cool.
>>
>>46989874
> “Worth a look.”
>>
>>46989874
>“Worth a look.”
>>
> “Worth a look.”

“Hehe, I hope you brought your swimsuits!” She powers the truck out of the parking lot and away off to the big forests of LGA.

Looks like you came prepared.

-

-

“Woohoo!” Winona jumps into the water, splashing cool clean water onto you. The three of you got changed into your swimsuits, you wearing that high hipped swimsuit that Gertrude Pool bought you, and Kathy wearing a simple white bikini with shorts. Almost like Tomb Raider, or whatever her name was. Winona had jumped into the deep spring that formed at the bottom of the waterfall of Mount Montagne, the biggest mountain on LGA. “Come on in, the water’s great!” she yells.

“No thanks!” you yell back down at her. Winona waves her arm dismissively, laying on her back and swimming away. “So what are we looking for?”

“Oh, anything,” says Kathy as she holds Rhys on a leash. “I was just told there was something interesting around this here waterfall.” Great, way to do the research, Kathy. “Come on.” The two of you start walking around the waterfall, then find a deep cave behind it. “Aha!” She takes up a flashlight. “Stay by me and watch your step.”

You look down to see the rushing water behind you and a load of rocks as well. Yeah, no need to tell you twice.

The two of you carefully step through the cave, Kathy holding the flashlight up to keep things lit. All there is smoothed out rocks and moss. Theoretically this could actually make a great hiding spot. If only someone actually hid something in here. “Hey, what’s this?” Kathy points to something.

“Is-“ You blink. “Winona!” you scream.

“What!?” Winona screams back.

[1/2]
>>
>>46990450
[2/2]

“Get in here!” You walk up closer to it, then gently reach out and touch the rusted steel of it. “… it’s a tank,” you say.

Kathy tilts her head. “What kind of tank?” You tilt your head. The sharp edges of its hull armor indicated welded construction, and beneath the rust was some solid gray paint with white trimmings and a white fleur-de-lis on the side of the turret. It was… it was a…

“It’s a King Tiger tank,” you say. “Holy fuck.” This can't be. Gertrude Pool found all of the missing tanks LGA lost after its Tankery program was disbanded. And- and there's no record of LGA ever owning a King Tiger! How did this even get in here!?

Kathy blinks. “… can I sell this?”

> “Yes.”
> “No.”
> Other
>>
>>46990467
>> Other
"We'll see if grisgris or Trude want to buy this first. You'll be compensated, of course"
>>
>>46990467
>Other
"You'll have to talk to Griselda."
Even though she most likely doesn't have the money for a KT.
>>
>>46990467
> “No.”
>>
>>46990467
> “No.”
>>
>>46990467
>> Other
Need to talk to GrisGris or Trude first.
>>
File: yukari fairy.png (174 KB, 680x800) Image search: [Google]
yukari fairy.png
174 KB, 680x800
>>46990467
>Other

Call Gris-Gris. Tell Kathy to wait until we talk to Gris-Gris. We'll sort this out with her.

Kathy will get something out of this, no worry!
>>
>>46990467
>>46990492
Supporting this.
>>
> Other

Winona climbs up to meet you two, then immediately her eyes open in awe. “Whooooaaa…!” She sidles up to it, gently brushing some rust off the front hull of it. It appears the tracks are gone, along with most of the road wheels in fact. As you walk around the back, you see the exhaust pipes are also gone as well, and you can’t even talk about the engine itself. Suffice to say, this thing is a fixer upper.

“I need to call someone,” you say to Kathy. She nods. You hurriedly dial Griselda. “Griselda. Are you busy?”

“No, what’s up?” she asks.

“We found something.”

-

-

A pair of tank transporters, along with an ARV were deployed to fish the King Tiger out of the cave from behind the waterfall. Griselda joined you, along with her older sister Gertrude. “Wow. If we knew there was a King Tiger in that mountain, I’d have been all over that instead of buying Hobbes,” she says. “How come we don’t have any record of it?”

Griselda shrugs. “I just checked with archives. They’re saying there’s a big gap in the 70s,” she says.

As the King Tiger is hoisted onto the Dragon Wagon, the five of you tilt your heads to read the name painted on the side of the hull.

> “THADDEUS”

“Nice name,” says Gertrude. She looks over at you two. “Tell you what. Griselda, I’ll buy this one for you to use on your team. As compensation for you two for finding it.”

“Oh, you-“ Griselda coughs, clearing her throat. “You don’t have to, Trudy. I mean- that- I can just-“

“No, really.” Gertrude reaches into her purse and pulls out a credit card. “I got 20,000 on the spot.” She smiles.

“Gertrude.” She pulls down Gertrude’s hand, frowning deeply. “Please, I don’t need it!”

“Come on, lemme help you!” Gertrude frowns deeply, upset by Griselda’s insistence.

> “Gertrude’s trying to help you, Griselda. Just take it.”
> “It’s okay, Gertrude. We’ll find another way to sell it off. You don’t need to.”
> Other
>>
>>46990875
> “It’s okay, Gertrude. We’ll find another way to sell it off. You don’t need to.”
>>
>>46990875
>> “It’s okay, Gertrude. We’ll find another way to sell it off. You don’t need to.”
>>
>>46990875
> “Gertrude’s trying to help you, Griselda. Just take it.”
>>
>>46990875
>“It’s okay, Gertrude. We’ll find another way to sell it off. You don’t need to.”
>>
>>46990875
>Other

Trude got all kinds of wacky sponsorships. Its your turn Grizzy!
>>
>>46990875
Can't we use/keep this tank?

Its better then the IS Chassis
>>
>>46990875
>> “Gertrude’s trying to help you, Griselda. Just take it.”

If anything pay her back, and think of it as a loan.
>>
>>46991305
Current problem is that it's actually worse off than the IS chassis. It's been sitting under a waterfall in damp conditions for 40 years so it's covered in rust, missing most of its road wheels and suspension, its engine is completely irreparable, and the insides have been flooded partially and also irreparable.
>>
>>46990955
>>46990970
>>46991053
Why are we saying no? I'm fine with her having her pride but if she constantly uses this to hinder the team that in itself is bad.
>>
>>46991305
Depends on how big it'll be as a long-term investment.
>>

“It’s okay, Gertrude.” Gertrude looks at you, surprised. “We’ll find another way to sell it off. Griselda can probably find someone to take it or maybe she’ll buy it off of us when she gets the money.”

Kathy nods. “Yeah, if you guys really want it, I can keep it in reverse for you guys.”

“Mmm…” Gertrude looks skeptically at Griselda, who simply looks down in a little bit of shame. “Okay, I’ll concede the point.” She folds her arms. “But don’t make Griselda sell her body just to buy this thing, she’s not for public use.”

“Hand on my heart, I’ll negotiate the price with her,” says Kathy.

“Good.” Gertrude pats Griselda’s shoulder, making her flinch. “I’ll see you later, Griselda.” She flags down some transportation for herself, but then quickly looks back. “By the way, Ellie, love that swimsuit! Can’t wait to see if it leaves some tan lines!” You quickly cover yourself with a towel. Ugh, now you’re blushing.

Griselda sighs, frustrated. “Sorry.”

“It’s fine,” says Kathy. “We can negotiate a bit.”

“I do wonder though,” says Winona. “Where did this tank come from though? And are there more like it around LGA?”

Hm. Mystery.

> QUEST UPDATED: If Adventure has a name…
> Find out the mystery of Thaddeus and LGA’s Tankery team

Winona smiles. “So, what do you want to do now?”

> Split up and hang out with Winona some more.
> Hang out with Kathy and Griselda.
> Head back to the dorms.
> Other
>>
>>46991501
>> Hang out with Kathy and Griselda.
We need a price tag on this thing.

I get that Griselda is prideful but this is ridiculous.
>>
>>46991501
> Split up and hang out with Winona some more.
>>
>>46991501
>Hang out with Kathy and Griselda.
"What is this about public use?"
Didn't Gertrude kinda sorta did this once?
>>
>>46991501
>>
>>46991501

>>46991557
Agreed, something to be worked upon, I suppose.
>>
>>46991602
I mean I wonder how does our MC feels about this, she know Griselda wants to win and seeing large amounts of money going to help their cause only to be shoved away because, pride.

IDK, I feel in that position she will be irked. I mean does she want to win or not? At least Trude was compensating us for something.
>>
>>46991763
Yeah, this was a pretty big gift horse here. Though I suppose it could be something about living in her shadow, and wanting to do this `by herself`. An admirable goal, but one that can border on insanity, like what we see here.

But that's just me, I only just started following this thing. Haven't caught up on the whole scoop.
>>
>>46991831
It goes a little bit beyond that. Griselda last year already had to work off of great expectations set by her sister last year (who literally led LGA from nothing to first and beating one of the best teams in all of Tankery), but failed to develop her leadership properly. Her tank also was the flag tank that was sniped by Kursk last year, losing LGA the semi-finals of last year's ITL tournament.

So there's a bit more to Griselda warding off Gertrude's attempts to help.
>>
>>46991929
But our MC doesn't know that at least the full extent and seeing this, well in my mind a bad impression of Griselda.
>>
Frankly, i feel this is a wasted opportunity for Trude's lineup.
i mean, on first LGA she have a Tiger II, and we just wasted an opportunity to mate him/her.
>>

-

-

After the King Tiger was fished out of Mount Montagne, the four of you went out and got some fried chicken to eat. All of you were sitting in Kathy’s truck, lounging around and watching the sun set on the day. “Mmmm…” Winona frowns a little. “Griselda, how come you won’t let Gertrude help you? In fact, why is the ITL team not throwing in their lot with the NATO team? Is there no crossover?”

Griselda leans back against the cab wall. “The ITL and NATO are at serious odds because of how freeform the Tankery is compared to ITL. ITL is a very staunch in its tradition, its why teams like Black Forest Peak dominated for over a decade. They don’t bother with allowing flexible options for poorer teams to compete. NATO allows that, and not just that but even allows some ahistorical customization too, something ITL doesn’t allow.”

“So… everyone on the ITL team can’t compete with us?” you ask.

“They can, but they don’t want to seem rude to the ITL,” says Griselda. “They gave us our first World Championship you know. Besides, I like the NATO rules, it allows some more options for us,” she says with a smile.

You nod. “But what about that stuff with Gertrude?”

“I’d… I’d rather not talk about that,” she says. Kathy, feeling a bit like a fourth wheel, continues to eat her chicken in silence.

> “You can tell us. We won’t say.”
> “Alright then.” Change the topic.
> “I’m just saying, it’d be really nice to have Gertrude’s help.”
> Other
>>
>>46992072
>>
>>46992072
>>
>>46992072
> “Alright then.” Change the topic.
> Kathy, you're the expert, you know anything about missing tanks here? Thought Trude found em all.
>>
> “Alright then.” Change the topic
Ask how to use the smartphone/officer pad to research the ITL records of the 70's?
>>
File: GuP Tank nerds bond.gif (2 MB, 533x300) Image search: [Google]
GuP Tank nerds bond.gif
2 MB, 533x300
>>46992072
>“You can tell us. We won’t say.”

If our commander has worries, we might be able to help.
>>

“Just tell us,” you say. “Don’t worry, mum’s the word.”

Griselda gives it a moment’s thought, before sighing and submitting to it. “So, you all know what happened last year. I was a terrible tank commander, I got my idiot ass sniped, and we lost the tournament in the semi-finals.” She shrugs. “You know, even before that, when Gertrude was getting really popular and was doing the whole thing with the ITL stuff, trying to save the school? Everyone was looking at me and saying, ‘there goes Gertrude’s sister’. And now, it’s just, ‘there goes Gertrude’s sister’. Like… like I don’t have a name or anything beyond being her sister, or never will.”

“That’s stupid talk,” says Winona. “You’re somebody.”

“Not yet I’m not,” she says. “I swear to you. We will win it all in the NATO tournament. And then when I go down the hallway, people will go, ‘there goes Griselda’. That’s what I want.” She says this as firmly as can be. “And I don’t want my sister getting in between that, or my Dad or anybody else. This is my team to build, and I’ll build it the way I want to.”

You and Winona look at each other, a little worried. You won’t argue though. You don’t know what it’s like having to live in an incredibly popular sibling’s shadow. So there won’t be any remarks or advice on the matter.

Kathy coughs. “Well, it’s getting late for me.” She checks her watch. “I should get going.”

“Yeah, thanks for coming, Kathy,” you say.

“No problem!” She salutes, and heads into the driver’s cab. The three of you dismount.

Griselda folds her arms, sighing. “I should head home too. See you guys.”

> “I’ll walk you home.”
> “Alright, bye Griselda.”
> Other
>>
>>46992524
>> “Alright, bye Griselda.”
>>
>>46992524
>> “I’ll walk you home.”
Keep up that bonding, maybe she'll say more when it's just the two of us.
>>
>>46992524
>“I’ll walk you home.”
>>
>>46992524
>> “I’ll walk you home.”
>>
>>46992524
>> “Alright, bye Griselda.”

I still think it's stupid. Her wanting to win fine, her wanting to do it with no help from Gertrude, I can sort of understand.

However, if Trude comes with a business proposition and you still say no, I find it stupid.
>>
> “I’ll walk you home.”

“I’ll walk you home,” you say. Winona blinks, a slight smirk on her face at your sudden forwardness. As if. “Good to walk home, Winona?”

“Yeah,” she says. “Go on, you two. Don’t bother coming back!” she says mockingly. Hmph. You and Griselda start walking down the street. Kathy’s truck rolls on past you, and Winona heads out the other way. And in just a few short minutes, you and Griselda are alone.

“I must look like an idiot, don’t I?” asks Griselda.

“I only refused Gertrude because I didn’t want to make you look bad,” you say. Griselda sighs a bit, rubbing her face in frustration. “Look, I can understand pride can get in the way sometimes but you of all people surely-“

“If my sister could make money come out of nothing,” says Griselda. “I can too.”

“You’re not your sister though,” you state simply. Griselda pauses in step for a second, then continues walking beside you. “Look, I like you just the way you are, Griselda.”

“Did Mr. Rogers tell you that too?” she says mockingly.

… maybe. But you’re not going to tell her that.

She groans a little. “Look, if you’re worried, that’s fine. But let me make things clear.” She stops you in your walking and looks you straight dead in the eye. “I am not having my sister do a thing to help me. The minute Gertrude helps someone, even if it’s giving them a dollar, that dollar turns into giving them a car the next week, then forcing her way into making sure the problem is solved. And then I-… I get shut out.”

“You say that as if it’s a bad thing.”

“It’s not, it’s-… Gertrude is the best sister anyone could ask for. I just wish she’d maybe stop being the best sister ever for like a year so that I can do this myself!” She thumps her chest, then continues walking on. “I can do this,” she tells herself.

> Tell her she needs Gertrude’s help. She’s her sister after all.
> Encourage her to keep going on by herself. This is a matter of pride.
> Talk about something else.
> Other
>>
>>46992957
>> Other
"That's good, but there are times when you will need her help. In that time, please ask her. Until that time come, i will try my best to help you."
>>
>>46993010
Supporting this all the way.
>>
>>46992957
>Then it's a matter of when to say 'No'. I can respect your order as Captain but I feel you are taking this to the extreme.
>>
>>46992957
Supporting
>>46993010
>>
>>46992957
>>46993010
>>46993032
Supporting these two.

There's a difference between helping and a business deal.
>>
>>46993025
This guy here...

want to add support for this >>46993032
in addition to my previous supporting.

They're similar in nature and just add a little bit more detail. I feel we can add both.
>>
> Other

“Nobody’s saying you can’t, but nobody’s asking you do it alone.” You place your hand on her shoulder. Griselda blinks, then looks down a bit in thought. “Just saying. I’ll do my best to help you. But when I can’t, you should ask Gertrude for help too.” She sighs a little, grumbling. “That’s the reality of it.”

Griselda hooks her thumbs on her skirt belt. “Well, I guess that means I Just have to make sure I win out there.” She smiles a little. “Thanks for your concern, Ellie.” You shrug. It’s really no problem. You just don’t want to end up on a team that gets so caught up with itself that it loses every match. Now that’ll be a disaster.

The rest of the way home is rather easy enough. Griselda comes up to her door, then smiles at you. “If you want, you can come in for some coffee.”

“No thanks,” you say. “I got work in the morning. I should really get on home.”

“M’kay,” says Griselda. She leans in, then gently kisses you on the cheek. For once, it feels just a bit appropriate she does that now. Still doesn’t keep you from blushing intensely. “Well, I’m here if you need something or me. But really, thanks for the company, Ellie. It’s… it’s nice making friends.”

“So we’re friends,” you say.

She blinks, confused. “Erm, yeah.” Oh, did you do a bad thing? Uh oh. She giggles a little. “Well, good night.” She waves goodbye to you, then shuts the door.

You take a deep breath, sighing deeply.

Tomorrow’s probably gonna be a pain in the ass.
>>
File: stop the bullying.png (160 KB, 389x317) Image search: [Google]
stop the bullying.png
160 KB, 389x317
>>46993457
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl-ZqQ_InX8

That's it for tonight's chapter of LGA. I will continue to run on /tg/ until the mod's tell me to go to /qst/ or /qst/ goes bust. Hopefully I should run tomorrow, but it depends on if the game on Sunday rains out, in which case things might get changed around. I'll update on twitter.

Follow at: https://twitter.com/GermanSchteel
Ask at: http://germanschteel.tumblr.com/
Book Tumbles: http://germanschteelbookblog.tumblr.com/

See you next time.
>>
>>46993477
Thanks for running man
>>
>>46993477
Good stuff.

We have attained +1 friend. Good job Ellie!
>>
>>46993477
So with a engine and our 6-pounder what Variant would our cromwell be?
>>
>>46993554

Cromwell IV
>>
>>46993585
>Cromwell IV
Isn't it the Cromwell I?

and how expensive will it be to have welding instead of bolts?
>>
>>46993656
To have the hull converted over from riveted to welded construction would take a couple of k, but it's nothing you can't afford once you rank up.
>>
>>46993704
Isn't it a death trap to have a riveted hull? I mean if we were to face italiaion or british tank with riveted tanks, wouldn't a HE round knock them out due to the fact that the rivets will bounce inside the tank once it hits something?
>>
>>46993746
Knock them all out is a funny way of saying maim or kill.
>>
>>46993746
this is tankery, so i guess that part already considered and rendered not a problem by carbon whatever thingy application.
>>
>>46993746
Basically: >>46993800

Rivets are mostly for historical purposes and are still judged accordingly (i.e. you have a greater chance of losing something critical in a glancing blow or an HE strike). However, they're harmless to the crew itself due to carbon layer compartment and the shock impact gel pasted onto every tank (also comes in Zimmerit flavor)
>>
>>46993845
But would it be considered a knock out, if we did use a HE round on a riveted tank?
>>
>>46993895
No. There's a reason for this, but I can't figure out what, but no you can't just fire an HE round at a riveted target and expect a one-hit KO.
>>
>>46993988
thanks for running schteel.
>>
>>46993988
really, that's a shame, how about multiple HE rounds?
>>
>>46994018
Multiple HE rounds would be a yes if they had sufficiently thin armor.

However, at that point, you're just better off using regular armor-piercing rounds.
>>
>>46994041
Unless of course, the AP round had no chance of penning, right?
>>
File: Elodie Sheet.jpg (625 KB, 1280x1039) Image search: [Google]
Elodie Sheet.jpg
625 KB, 1280x1039
>>46994273
Maaaaaybe
>>
>>46994273
>AP doesn't pen, switch to HE!
That I hear is WoT players screaming. And, having been one myself, my own internal screaming.
>>
>>46994395
Actually, I was thinking 'If i cant pen, HE will at least blow off something less armoured'. Like tracks. Mobility kill.
>>
>>46994395
I was only referring to Riveted tanks or open top which i think will be best used against.
>>
>>46994433
Or when enemy start capping, loading HE is valid reaction.
>>
>>46994433
Good point. You can also shoot viewports or MG ports with HE and hope someone inside gets stunned.

Do remember, however, that track skirts are a thing.

>>46994468
>riveted tanks
I don't know of any riveted tank that can deflect a 6 pounder. Also, 6 pounder HE is rather underwhelming.

>open top
Are those tankery legal? I don't know about the Sextons they used against us last battle, but I remember an open top tank destroyer in the original LGA had to get an ahistorical mod (to be fully closed) to be tankery legal.
>>
>>46994515
Open-topped tanks are allowed to participate in NATO Tankery ( a serious sticking point between JSF/ITL Tankery and NATO) as long as ahistorical armored cabins are installed.

This is to allow cheaper alternatives to be made available for poorer teams like the Nashorn or the the Marder series.
>>
>>46994515
Cromwell.and eary variants of the M3 Lee come to mind.

and the P-40 italian tank
>>
>>46994515
6 pounder is 57mm so yeah that's.. piddly in HE.
>>
>>46993477
Thanks for the fun, boss. Don't get banned over qst. I'm following one over there now and its not a bad setup. There's an archive for it now too.
Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.