[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bleach: Shinigami Quest 33
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 7
File: bleach.jpg (2 MB, 4288x2848) Image search: [Google]
bleach.jpg
2 MB, 4288x2848
You are Tsukuda Ryouta, the 12th Division's investigator of abnormal occurrences. Currently, you are on break for an indeterminate period of time. This is not due to any trouble during your latest assignment. It's just that your job has a very specific purpose hidden underneath its vague meaning - seeking out the Hogyoku.

Your latest mission was brief and didn't bring you any closer to your true goal, though it was nevertheless extremely exhausting. But even if you were to be at your best, there would still be little to do until the signs of the orb's presence are detected. Until that happens, work is either entirely absent or very mundane. Recently, you've been spending your days practicing your Kido with an old friend back from your Academy days, Minami Hikari. As an Academy instructor, this favor she's making you won't last for long; when you last spoke about it with her almost two weeks ago, you agreed on a month, until her less-capable student returns from an assignment in the Human World. That means you have two more weeks left.

Coincidentally, that will also be the time when Tsukuda Miyu, your white haired, golden eyed little sister, enters the Shin'o Academy to begin her training.

Now, about that... You haven't spoken about any of it with Urahara Kisuke. Is such a thing even necessary?

>Talk with the Captain about Miyu.
>Don't talk with the Captain about Miyu.
>Other. (Write-in).
>>
>>46983702
>>
>>46983702
>Talk to the Captain about Miyu
Could also let him see our personality recovered a bit
>>
>>46983702
Current Character Sheet: http://pastebin.com/78kGRvQg

Skill Advancements: http://pastebin.com/x7NBjxBB

Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Shinigami%20Quest
>>
>>46983702
>>
>>46983702
>>
>>46983702
Voting over, writing!
>>
>>46983924
How's your week, Mushroom?
>>
>>46983751
>>46983762
>>46983789
You get in touch with the Captain later that day. There is a new project that requires his personal overseeing, so he was much easier to get a hold of than usual. After you tell him that you'd like to talk about Miyu, the Captain promptly lets his subordinates be.

"Oh, don't worry, I've just finished here." He says, briskly walking elsewhere after prompting you to follow. It seems that he intends to talk on the move. You decide to be blunt about Miyu's intentions; it stops the blond man in his tracks. "Miyu wants to become a Shinigami? Those are excellent news. I want to say it's unexpected, but I should have seen it coming, shouldn't have I? You've also wanted to become a Shinigami at one point, after all. Isn't that right, Ryouta-kun?"

Without saying anything else, the Captain leads you to his seldom-used office. He sits down on his chair, rummages through his desk for a little while and places some documents on his desk. He explains himself.

"Instead of having the Academy handle it, I'll be taking Miyu under my wing. The standard curriculum, even on the accelerated program, would be far too slow for her. I'll train her personally. She should be able to graduate officially in less than half the time required and begin her work in the 12th right away." His tone doesn't seem to be presenting it as an 'option'. This is simply how things will be; the plain statement of a fact.

Urahara takes a pen and prepares to write something down.

>"That's fine, Captain."
>"I think Miyu would be better off in the Academy."
>Other. (Write-in).
>>
>>46984273
I want her to make friends
>>
>>46984273

Social development has proved useful for us in the past, but indicate we're willing to listen to Urahara's reasoning.
>>
>>46984273
Yeah alright.
>>
>>46984273
>>"I think Miyu would be better off in the Academy."
>>
>>46984369
Nope we're being assertive for the imouto
>>
Maybe he can tutor her occasionally while she takes normal classes?
>>
>>46984273
Voting over, writing!

>>46983962
Exams!
>>
>>46984539
Good luck with the results then!
>>
>>46984539
>Exams!

My condolences
>>
>>46984307
>>46984369
>>46984385
"I think Miyu would be better off in the Academy."

Urahara Kisuke lifts his eyes off the papers, looking at you in silence for a drawn out moment. "I see you're feeling better now, Ryouta-kun." He says, setting his pen down. "I'd like you to explain your reasoning."

Of course, it's a thought that doesn't have any tangible proof attached to it. But it doesn't seem like the wrong direction to take. There is a chance that it won't help Miyu, and there is a chance that it will; the mere presence of this chance for improvement makes this worthwhile to attempt.

"I think it would be best if Miyu is exposed to the same things as most other people: classes, activities, people, friends. Those kinds of ordinary experiences might have a positive effect on her growth." You explain.

"Miyu would be free to socialize with whoever she likes under my supervision." Urahara scratches his poorly shaved chin, his tone skeptical.

"But the circumstances would mean that it isn't mandatory. I'm not sure if that would be effective."

Tsukuda Miyu has hardly any preferences of her own. If it was up to her, she'd probably socialize with no one at all. However, activities at the Academy would force her to do those things one way or another.

Urahara sighs in a mix of mild frustration and fatigue. "Ryouta-kun. I'm sure you've realized this by now, but the reason I want Miyu is for the same reasons I've employed you. You do understand, don't you? Our mission is of the utmost importance. Every day the Hogyoku remains unfound, the chance of someone using it for malicious purposes grows. The amount of people I can trust with this task can be counted on two hands; the amount of people who can perform adequate investigations into the matter - on one. I'd like to add Miyu to that meager number, and I'd like to do so as quickly as I can."

"Can't she join service after standard training?"

(1/2)
>>
>>46985184
"Even the accelerated curriculum can take up to five years. Considering her capabilities, it will take less than that, but then she'll need to spend more time to go through our Division's specialized training. It's simply a question of efficiency, Ryouta-kun. And there is no time to spare." Urahara grabs his pen again. After a small pause, he continues. "Your missions have been rather intense from time to time, too. I can't afford to lose you. Having Miyu around to support you would reduce the risks for you as well. See, it's a win-win situation for everyone involved." For just a moment, his intonation changes to a joking one. But then he cups his hands together in front of himself, concealing the lower half of his face, and quietly waits, perhaps for a reaction, while staring with scrutiny.

>"Very well. But please try to do your best for Miyu's emotional growth."
>"Even so, I must insist. For Miyu's sake."
>Other. (Write-in).
>>
>>46985281
>>
>>46985281
Train me more and put me on more missions, I will increase my effectiveness and workload to make up for the lack of Miyus assistance
>>
>>46985281
Damn I'm not sure if standing up to him can actually get us results or just make him see us as an obstacle. Like he might threaten us and then where will we be.
>>
>>46985420
I'm not sure if that's a good compromise, since if we go on more missions, we'll probably fry our emotions again, even if it's unlikely we'll need to fight another Menos.
>>
>>46985281
"Captain, you may have created Miyu to confirm my origins and assist me, but you gave her to Shiori and I as a younger sibling, not a weapon. Is there really no compromise possible?"
>>
>>46985281
>"Very well."
I dont know, I remain unconvinced our opinion is actually worth anything to Urahara.
>>
One thing I'm not sure about submitting:

"While it's nice to hear you say that, what about me is irreplaceable? Miyu appears to be a definite upgrade in terms of combat capabilities and it didn't seem to take you very long to make her."

Note: I dont really support Miyu replacing us, but I'm curious to see what about us Urahara considers important. Like are we genuinely a trusted subordinate?
>>
>>46985615
I kinda like it. If it's sentimental reasons then surely they'd apply as much here after all. And if not, then info get.
>>
>>46985281
Voting over, writing!
>>
>>46985420
>>46985338
So are we doing this because we're not wary of Urahara or despite being kind of scared of him. Like do we expect him to listen?
>>
>>46985697
Thoughts on >>46985615
Like I don't know if it'd distract from the general sentiment of your post.

I guess I'm not sure where everyone thinks we stand with Urahara?
>>
>>46985338
>>46985420
>>46985615
>>46985502
Before immediately answering his expectations, you decide to ask him a question. "You've said I'm irreplaceable, Captain. What makes you say that?"

Urahara chuckles, the cupped hands splitting, now waving dismissively in a somewhat sarcastic gesture. "What a humble thing to say, Ryouta-kun. Everyone in the Division is indispensable. However, in your case, I suppose you really are a little more indispensable than most." Once again, as it frequently tends to happen, his tone abruptly switches from jokes to business. "Even in a Division of geniuses and scientists, you're one of the very few who can realize when they're dealing with the Hogyoku, and who stand a chance at recognizing its influence."

"Influence, Captain?"

"It's just a theory of mine, Ryouta-kun, nothing concrete. The ability to freely manipulate others is a very common desire in not just humans, but in all sapient beings. I suspect that, should a wielder of the Hogyoku appear, that will be one of their most apparent abilities. I have no proof to back this up. You can call it a hunch, but don't be too quick to disregard it, alright?"

"What about Miyu?"

"She'll be a very valuable addition. More people like you is exactly what I need right now. It would allow us to cover more ground... or make assignments safer."

So, not a replacement. An addition.

The room descends into a brief silence. You interrupt it with your answer. "Even so, Captain, I'm afraid I must insist."

The Captain sets the pen back down onto the desk.

(1/2)
>>
>>46986218
"...So you still aren't convinced. Very well." Urahara Kisuke stands up, visibly disappointed, though not as grave as he seemed at one point. "I've entrusted Miyu to you. You're her guardian, so it's your choice. I've no right to go against that."

And with that, the meeting seems to conclude. Urahara makes to leave his office.

"Just know that we haven't been making any progress. It feels like we're poking at things in the dark. To be quite honest, it's getting really tiresome. I'm getting tired, too. I'd really appreciate it if you don't bring up anymore tiresome things to me, Ryouta-kun." He says it as though he really is exhausted. As he passes by, he gives you a pat on the shoulder. After that vague statement, he leaves, and you follow after him.

When you return home, you find that a couple of letters have arrived, addressed to you. One if from Takenaka Hanae of the First Division, talking about how she's steadily recovering after your last mission together and requests you to visit at your soonest convenience, and another from your Academy acquaintance Ryuu of the 11th.

The letter from the red haired fighter is much more curt and seems almost ominous, stating just the meeting place - somewhere up in the mountains - and the desire to meet for unprovided reasons. No date or time for the meeting is specified, either. Aren't these kinds of letters rude?

>Meet Takenaka Hanae first.
>Meet Ryuu first.
>Send a return letter to Ryuu and ask him to clarify. Don't go to that place until he explains himself. Meet Hanae in the meantime.
>Don't meet anyone; only send replies to their letters.
>Other. (Write-in).
>>
>>46986277
Meet with Ryuu first, could be important
>>
>>46986277
Damnit, the worst part is we know IC and OOC that we won't find the Hougyoku. I feel like we're just wasting Urahara's time.
>>
>>46986277
>Meet Takenaka Hanae first.
>>
>>46986532
I guess unlike Ryuu, she specified a time...
>>
>>46986277
Go meet Hanae, but send Ryuu a reply saying we'll be there relatively shortly
>>
>>46986277
Voting over, writing!
>>
>>46986532
>>46986650
The cold-eyed prodigy resides in the First Division's barracks despite being an officer of fairly high rank. Her injury turned out to be rather severe, and while she's currently stable, she's had to spend the last couple of weeks in the infirmary.

You enter her room after a knock. Hanae is lying down in her bed surrounded with flowers and 'get well' gift cards, staring up at the ceiling. Her blue eyes glance your way, maintaining that dignified coldness, but when she recognizes you, the frost in her expression melts and the girl quickly sits up. She's wearing a simple white robe; her exposed neck and collarbone are wrapped in bandages.

"Ah, Tsukuda Ryouta-san. I'm glad you came." Her body doesn't seem to experience any undue stress even while sitting up. Perhaps her wounds have nearly healed. "I don't wish to waste your time, so I'll make this quick." She does speak in a manner that's uncharacteristically quick; almost frantic. "I... I've asked you to come here because I have something I must tell you. Something that I felt wouldn't be appropriate to discuss over a letter."

She places her small fist to her chest and takes a deep breath. Her pale face reddens slightly. She speaks after a short pause.

"I am alive to this day only because of your efforts, Tsukuda Ryouta-san. Therefore, I am indebted to you for as long as I continue living. If you ever have a need for something, for anything, speak to me and I'll do all I can. Don't think of this as me 'returning a favor'. Something like that would imply that this is a limited ordeal; it is not. Even if I were to save your life, it would still only be a direct consequence of your actions, not of mine. So do not hesitate to call for me whenever you wish."

Even after having said all of that, the tension in her posture remains. The girl stares at you intently, seemingly expecting something.

(1/2)
>>
>>46987291
>>46987291
When no reaction comes, she mumbles a clarification. "That's... all I've wanted to say." Honestly, you're just not sure what you should be saying here.

Maybe she's trying to say that you should leave now that she's finished. "I see. Goodbye then, Takenaka-san."

Her blue eyes grow wide out of surprise. "W-wait, you're leaving already? But I..." She abruptly trails off, listlessly glancing around her room. After a hesitant moment, she looks back up. "Well, if you must go somewhere, I won't stop you..."

"I'm not in a hurry."

Hanae shakes her head. "No, no, it's alright. I think I... have a checkup scheduled soon. Just please keep what I've told you in mind. Oh, there's actually one other thing..."

The blonde girl's demeanor briefly regains its dignity and professionalism. "Your Captain came here recently. He had told me to keep your involvement in the previous mission a secret. I did as he had said and altered my reports. I... thought you should know that."

>"You didn't need to lie. I don't see a reason to keep it secret."
>"He's right. It would be best to keep that under wraps."
>"Why did you keep it a secret? He isn't your Captain."
>Other. (Write-in).
>>
>>46987352
>"He's right. It would be best to keep that under wraps."
I appreciate your discretion. How's your recovery going?
>>
>>46987352
"What specifically did he want you to alter? What do you remember about what happened?"

Also

"I altered my report as well, or at least omitted part of my reasoning in staying. Specifically, I wasn't sure you could be persuaded to leave, regardless of the risk to your own life and it going beyond the scope of your mission. Was I correct?" Basically asking about her apparent death wish.
>>
>>46986218
Wait, Urahara already knows that the Hougyoku is a wishing orb and not just something that alters boundaries? Well that's no fun.
>>
>>46987352
Voting over, writing!
>>
Well shit, looks like we lost track of the usual player 3. Hope he's okay.
>>
>>46987516
Maybe it's wrong to encourage her like this when we're in no way ready for romance, but essentially I want her to know we do have a preference to her being alive than her being dead, also what's her problem.
>>
>>46987718
You doing okay Mushroom?
>>
>>46988856

He always takes a shitton of time to write.
>>
>>46988895
Yeah but this thread started off faster. Like first vote was only twenty minutes, and the next two were forty. Not that I feel like the low speed is that bad, I just worry a lot sometimes.
>>
>>46988919

For me, him taking a long time is par for the course.
>>
update never
>>
>>46988957
Well yeah, but I also did a big write-in that could potentially go over really badly and no one else approved of.
>>
While we are normally cold, shouldnt we recognize the feeling behind her words here?
At least give some kind of feedback to her words, even if its just "It is good to see you are getting better" before fecking off.
>>
>>46987511
>>46987516
"I appreciate your discretion, Takenaka-san. What did he want you to alter, specifically?"

"Anything pertaining to your involvement. Your help during the Hollow ambush and your fending off the Menos. As far as anyone knows, there was no one but me and my team in the area."

At the mention of her team, Hanae stoops her head.

"Do you remember what happened with the Menos?"

She glances back up. "My memories of it are vague; I know why I went down, and I know that it was you who forced it back. Your Captain tried to convince me to the contrary, but I remember what I saw. ...Well, truth be told, I didn't see how you did it - only that it was you."

Perhaps that's for the best. "I partially altered my report about you as well; I didn't mention my reason for staying with you when it all happened. I wasn't sure if you could be persuaded to leave at the time, even with the way the risks have escalated so suddenly."

"...You may be right. I think I would have stayed behind even if you left. The amount of harm that could have been caused by that thing... it's hard to even imagine. When it discharged its Cero, I felt like the pressure of simply being its target would be enough to crush me. If such a thing was unleashed on civilians... The losses would be insurmountable. I could not have allowed such a thing to happen. But... to go so far as to trust the killer of my own friends... it was foolish..."

This topic seems to be bothering her. It might be better to talk about something else. After a slight pause, you decide to do that.

"How are your injuries, Takenaka-san?"

"Ah, they're... fine." She smiles. A small, barely noticeable gesture; just the corners of her mouth perking up a tiny notch. "They're healing without complications. Thank you for asking."

"I'm glad."

(1/2)
>>
>>46989458
Another fit of silence descends upon the room. Hanae appears to be pondering something with an expression that's grown weary yet again.

"Tsukuda Ryouta-san. Please don't forget about my promise." She asks again. After assuring her that you won't, you take your leave.

Your old acquaintance from the Academy has asked you to meet up on a grassy, lightly forested mountain of the Seireitei, using a landmark - a bizarrely crooked tree - to designate a meeting spot. You've heard that some Shinigami use this place to train, but you've never been here personally. Your red haired classmate is nowhere to be seen when you arrive there, so you take a seat and wait, bathing in the rays of the late afternoon sun.

Your sixth sense catches trace of him several seconds before you hear the noise of feet stomping into bark from above. He's moving pretty quickly. You turn up your head and see the young man squatting down on a tree's thick branch, the top of his black uniform absent, showing his toned, muscular upper body. His sheathed sword is laid out behind his head, across the shoulders, arms leaning on it. A casual pose. Sweat and the slightly irregular breathing give away his mild exertion.

"Yo, Ryouta. It's been a while." He calls out, smirking. His red hair has grown out quite a bit. He wears it in a small ponytail.

"It really has been. How are you?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Business as usual in my crew. Beating up guys, sometimes having other guys beat up on me." He shrugs - at least as much as he can, with his arms occupied on his weapon. "Well, I'm sure you've got more interesting stuff goin' on in your Division."

(2/3)
>>
>>46989482
Poor Hanae, she's gonna have to be a lot more specific if she's able to get through Ryouta's head.

Maybe back when we had Analytical Mind Rank D.
>>
>>46989482
"I wouldn't be so sure about that." You say. The process of research and development may be interesting to some, but from what you understand, the majority doesn't seem to think that way.

"Science and all that crap aside, you did hear about the Menos Grande making an appearance in the Human World, didn't you, Ryouta?"

You're not sure what your reply should be. Silence seems to serve as some sort of a sign to the young warrior.

"You 12th Division fellows probably had the front seats to that spectacle. Our local prodigy, Takenaka Hanae, actually encountered it in person and lived to tell a tale. You remember her, right? Anyway, everybody knows that much already. You ought to know at least that much too, Ryouta. But I bet you know even more. That's why I've called you out here. You're my only contact in the 12th, after all." Ryuu chuckles.

"I'm not sure what else there is to say about it."

"Something doesn't seem right about the story to me, so I want to get to the bottom of it. Lend me a hand here, Ryouta. I'm pretty starved for clues."

This is quite the timing. Just after discussing this same issue with Hanae, the same topic crops up somewhere completely unrelated. A Menos Grande is an incredibly rare and dangerous occurrence, so there's no wonder the story spread like wildfire; but someone doubts that story? And it's this man, of all people?

"What makes you think so, Ryuu?"

(3/4)
>>
>>46989554
HE KNOWS
>>
>>46989554
The smirk fades, giving way to a dissatisfied frown. "You know why that story doesn't hold up too well, don't you? But alright, I'll play along with ya..."

After some more reluctance born from mild annoyance, Ryuu retells the situation in detail. "A Menos Grande suddenly appeared in area 22114. Takenaka Hanae, after her squad has sustained heavy losses, intervened on the behalf of the local humans in the area and attempted to confront and purify the Hollow directly. The Gillian had unleashed a Cero in response. Several seconds later, it stopped, with Takenaka Hanae surviving; she then retreated as the Special Forces came in. When she returned to Soul Society, she was gravely injured and required immediate treatment. That's the whole story."

He shakes his head. "And here's why it doesn't stick. I have a friend in the First Division. Naturally, I was all over him for the details on what happened. The only new thing I managed to learn was about that girl's injury. And that's where the whole story fell the hell apart to me."

"What do you mean?"

"There are two things: one is the Cero that was reportedly discharged. Just how the hell does anyone go up against something like that? It's impossible. I don't care how talented you are, if that thing hits you, you're gonna turn into goddamn dust. But that girl is still fine. So the explanation here is that it didn't hit her, right? But then why the hell's she injured? Her currently injury wasn't caused by a Cero; she's not dust, so it couldn't have been. But if it wasn't - if it happened before the Menos appeared - the hell was on the receiving end of its Cero?" That cocky smile returns to his face. "I don't get to use my head in the 11th all that often, but it feels pretty damn good. Maybe I should have gone with you to the 12th. But, well, too late now, Ryouta. So, do you know anything?"

"Are you curious for curiosity's sake?" You decide to pry for his motives.

(4/5)
>>
>>46989604
>if that thing hits you, you're gonna turn into goddamn dust
Honestly, I'm pretty sure any Captain worth their haori is capable of deflecting a Cero from a mere Gillian without even sweating.
>>
>>46989546
I get the feeling we'll be seeing more of her from now on.
>>
>>46989604
"Nah. I'm curious... for my own sake. I'm part of the 11th Division. Zaraki Kenpachi's personal fighting crew. Strongest of the strongest in Soul Society. I want to know because I want to fight a tough enemy before anyone else does. And for the first time for as long as I can remember, my sword wants to give it a go, too. I can't just waste this kinda once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, Ryouta."

"So you think someone else saved Takenaka Hanae?"

At this point it's not just a frown; it's a full-blown scowl. He suddenly loses his temper. "If it ain't her who saved herself, then 'course it was someone else who did it! Don't take me for some kinda idiot, damn it! I know that you know something, so just tell me already!"

If his sword 'wants' to give it a go, then he's planning to use his Shikai in that battle. This could be an opportunity to expand your armory.

>"I can't tell you about it."
>"I don't know anything about it."
>"I'll tell you the truth, but I don't want to fight."
>"If you can keep it a secret, then I'll tell you what really happened, and who really saved Takenaka Hanae."
>Other. (Write-in).
>>
>>46989582
We should just dupe him telling him there was another enemy that wasnt the menos and leave it at that. We dont piss our buddy off and he feels like we've revealed more than we should've.
>>
>>46989662
This is to explain the non-cero injuries, obviously, just making a clarification.
>>
>>46989639
He's not talking captains dumdum, he's talking ranking shinigamis. Captains are like freaks of nature.
>>
>>46989646
We could let him know about the gunman and the hollows to some degree. He'll never find him, and its truthful. Anomolys are anomolys.

But i think this guy knows it was us. I think he has someone reporting us being seen at the gate back home at around the same time.
>>
>>46989646
>"If you can keep it a secret, then I'll tell you what really happened, and who really saved Takenaka Hanae."
>>
>>46989646
>Other. (Write-in).
I cannot tell you the specific details, but those injuries arent from a menos. I think you can figure out what that means.
>>
>>46989646
Hm, maybe tell him that it wasn't a matter of being strong but more about science and technique? Like in an actual fight on our own merits, we're maybe at best slightly above generic goon, it's more we can do things other shinigami cannot. So if he's expecting a strong opponent he'll just be disappointed.
>>
>>46989707
Dont be that specific because I dont think we're at liberty to discuss details. However give a couple obvious hints about there being another guy and that's good enough.
>>
>>46989754
What I'm really worried about is when he fights Hanae, because if she's not up to snuff then he's gonna know we lied to him... I dont know guys should we be honest?
>>
>>46989646
>>46989744
Like I don't know, what do you guys think of
"I will say this. If you're looking for a strong opponent behind this incident, you'll be disappointed. The explanation behind both anomalies is not raw power or even combat technique, in fact, compared to those, it could be called 'cheating'. Do you still wish to know more?"
>>
>>46989832
Dont ask him if he wants to know more. We just need to give him a bone, not the whole skeleton mang. I think we're gonna get in trouble if we reveal too much.
>>
>>46989646
Mushroom could we have extra time to talk this over?
>>
>>46989852
He could have a neat shikai though, and collecting those is fun.

Also if someone knows our deal that makes it less likely Urahara could disappear us. On the other hand we might be on shaky ground with him after learning to assert ourselves.
>>
>>46989896
But if we reveal our power then he's gonna look at us wrong. Urahara said everybody would feel violated if they know about stealing shikais.
>>
>>46989911
>>46989896
Although seeing as how he wants to weaponize the Miyu I feel like he's a bit of an asshole right now.
>>
Guys do we even trust Urahara?
>>
>>46989646
Hm, maybe we could do a partial truth? Like
"There's a reason you sent me a letter, and a reason you asked to meet in such an isolated location. Your suspicions have merit, and yet I'm afraid I must leave you disappointed. You've heard of techniques that drain life energy right? The technique used to block the Cero... drains something a little different, and I'm currently a bit wary about testing it out again."
>>
>>46989948
Do we have a choice? Also he generally seems to have good intentions or at least is less bad than whoever he's up against.

Though then again, with Mayuri and Aizen neutralized, whoever is in charge of Hueco Mundo staying quiet, and apparantly no Yhwach, Urahara is effectively top of the food chain.
>>
Not that im trying to shit on any ones fun but there is quest board now. Would it not be more appropriate to this thread there?
>>
>>46989970
Like I don't know, tell him we learned more about our Zanpakuto since we last spoke (technically true, in that we figured out "the blade is you" is a LOT more literal in Ryouta's case) and it drains our humanity to a level we're not really a fan of and it seems like dumb luck is the only way to get it back.
>>
>>46989996
Our choice is basically trying to get some friends that arent Urahara, if he really is an asshole he has us by the balls.
>>
>>46990072
Yeah but any friends we could get are probably around as garbage as we are. I mean I guess Hanae is actually near as best a non-lieutenant can get, but Urahara wouldn't even need to science at our friends to beat them.
>>
>>46990112
It's not as much as getting friends to fight as it is to "If I die, tell your captain it was Urahara and get Miyu away from him" kinda deal.
>>
>>46990112
So the only alternative is to train like the dickens so we can actually stand on our own two feet.
>>
>>46990127
But then if we do that we fry our humanity.

WE'RE FUCKED IN EVERY DIRECTION WE'RE JUST ABLE TO PICK THE DILDO.
>>
>>46990127
In Bleach you don't train to become stronger. You train to better access the strength you already have.

More than most shounens, it really highlights how unfair life is.
>>
>>46990149
We fry our humanity if we focus on analytical mind. Everything else was unaffected when we gained emotions back, and our reitsu went up.
Train your body is fine.
>>
>>46990179
Yeah except you forgot our reiatsu is capped at D for now. Urahara is at absolute minimum B.
>>
>>46990204
I didn't forget anything.
If you sit on your arse with thumbs up it complaining about life being unfair all the time instead of trying to improve, you will always suck.
So suck it up, and train. Just not mentally so we have a personality.
>>
>>46990204
Oh fuck that's too much of a difference even if we cap all our attributes at max. Dayumn.
>>
File: indecisive mushroom.png (319 KB, 817x817) Image search: [Google]
indecisive mushroom.png
319 KB, 817x817
>>46989646
So what are we doing!
>>
>>46989646
So what do we want to get out of this?

Even though he isn't telling us, Ryuu knows that we were there, Urahara failed to properly cover Ryouta's tracks. He is under the impression that we must be really strong and wants to try out his shikai against us.

I don't really feel like lying is a good plan, due to his aforementioned knowledge. But I'm also not sure about fighting him. Like obviously we don't boost to Analytical Mind B again for a spar, but how many cards should we keep to ourselves? Also, if we use Hikari's shield, would he remember it?
>>
>>46990230
Should we take the frying brains initiative for the sake of the Miyu?
>>
>>46990249
Mushroom can we do first a poll that it's
>Tell the truth
>Be shady about it
>Dont say anything

No write-ins and then after that we choose what to say if we want or let you write?
>>
>>46990249
Sorry for slowing you down Mushroom, but this is a pretty nuanced issue. I feel like it's a gooid thing we're discussing it though?
>>
>>46990261
No, because if we lose everything about ourselves that actually makes us a person, becoming a walking beat stick, we'll be so far gone that our choice would be passionately pointless and unable to resist someone taking advantage of Miyu in the first place.
>>
>>46990299
Man this quest makes my butt's hair tingle every choice. Because it's fucking INTENSE
>>
>>46990230
I'm not saying we should complain, and training is fine.

I'm just saying that no matter how hard we work, even if we do fry our brain, we won't be able to out-fight Urahara or out-smart him. That doesn't mean we just give up, that just means we need to get REALLY creative.
>>
>>46990278
The problem with "truth" is, how much of the truth do we tell? Like if we tell him we stopped the menos, do we tell him how?

And if we do fight him what do we reveal? I doubt he's as dumb as Moeka in that we can reveal two forms of our zanpakuto without him catching on.
>>
>>46990374
Truth is full truth, shady is half-truths, dont say anything is lie.

Then we get to write-in with a summary if we choose shady/lie.
>>
>>46990341
What cant be made up for in strength is usually made for with skill. Being a better swordsman, knowing higher kido at short cast, etc. Anything for an edge.

The real question is: if we could acheive bankai, what the hell would it even look like?
>>
>>46990425
That's analytical mind A.

Also unfortunately unless you're Kenpachi Zaraki, or Kurosaki Ichigo, strength and skill are pretty much directly proportional. And even if that wasn't true in general cases, it is true in the case of Urahara Kisuke. That guy has gone out of his way to max his skills because in his circle HE'S the underdog.
>>
File: 1430499957829.jpg (479 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1430499957829.jpg
479 KB, 900x1200
>>46989646
Let's try these instead! Voting extended for 15 more minutes!

>Start a fight with Ryuu.
>Try to talk your way out of fighting Ryuu.
>>
>>46990425
Reiatsu is the most important part in this mechanics because it's a multiplier of every ability, bro. Higher reiatsu means overall better stats. Considering that, you'd be hardpressed to ever surpass a captain in any area with a reiatsu as low as our MC's.
>>
>>46990491
Well, that is the key issue, isn't it? Like is getting a new shikai to use worth him kicking our ass? Also what sword would we use? Ishiken is best for close combat, but the shield is what we actually used to block the cero.
>>
>>46990491
>Try to talk your way out of fighting Ryuu.
>>
>>46990475
Analytical mind is not required for knowing kido as far as im aware. And im sure we can train our mind in such a way not to sloth off emotions.
>>
>>46990519
Not quite true. Like people like to bring up Aizen no-selling Soi-Fon's shikai as an example of that, but since he had the Hougyoku and never stopped using Kyouka Suigetsu and is a huge liar, the example I like more is the fully hollowfied Tousen got killed in a sneak attack by notoriously mediocre Shuhei.
>>
>>46990491
"Let's cut to the chase, though I'm afraid I might let you and your sword down."
>>
>people think fighting Urahara would ever be possible

His ability to pull top-tier bullshit mid-fight is legendary. Even if you overpowered him utterly he still stands a good chance of either killing you, fighting you to a standstill, or escaping to science something up to kill you.

His backstory to the canon timeline reads like a total sue for a reason, too.
>>
>>46990593
Agreed, not counting that our best bet at being worthy of fighting any captain comes at the cost of our humanity.
>>
>>46990593
Really, the ONLY effective strategy we could possibly have against Urahara is finding a way to snitch on him to the other captains.

And I don't like the odds of that working.
>>
>>46990491
>>Try to talk your way out of fighting Ryuu.
>>
>>46990643
>>46990541
But guuuys, free shikai. Also to what end?
>>
>>46990687
I dont want the guy to hate our guts because we steal other guys shikais.
>>
>>46990687
Eh, fair enough. Changing my vote>>46990643
to fighting Ryuu
>>
>>46990491

Also, that's a sexy EX Rumia.
>>
>>46990749
We don't really steal them, also we could conceivably fight him without revealing it.

Additionally, it's entirely possible that we wouldn't be feared and hated for our power, but instead that's just something Urahara said to make sure we keep our mouth shut.
>>
>>46990491
Nice to see Clarissa again, it's been a while.
>>
>>46990806
>we could conceivably fight him without revealing it.

And he gets dissapointed and thinks we're covering for someone. Although you make a fair point with Urahara. Either way sounds like ass, but whatever you guys want.
>>
>>46990491
>>46989646
Voting over and ending thread for tonight, it's really late! Next thread will start off with the most voted action!

Keep an eye out on twitter for the next thread:
https://twitter.com/Mushroomgami

If you have any feedback or questions, shoot them my way!

Thanks for reading!
>>
>>46990861
Just tell him that we're able to boost our abilities but at the cost of our emotions. Zanpakuto are weird enough for him to accept that as an explanation.
>>
>>46990869
Ryouta was a buxom blonde anime girl all along! The sword was merely a cover up!
>>
>>46990869
Clarisssaaaaaaaa.

But seriously why haven't you replaced it with pictures... background characters from a bunch of different shows, also named protagonist?
>>
>>46990923
I have two quest folders with a lot of small folders inside!
>>
>>46990869
Wait I just realized something from >>46987551 . If Urahara really was able to counter-hypnotize Aizen, then he could have simply got Aizen to tell him what the Hougyoku really does.
>>
>>46990985
Aizen doesn't know what the Hogyoku does. He didn't until canon era, I think.
>>
>>46990998
Aizen made his own Hougyoku but just couldn't get it working right. That's why Gin decided to become Revolver Ocelot.
>>
>>46986277
>"Just know that we haven't been making any progress. It feels like we're poking at things in the dark. To be quite honest, it's getting really tiresome. I'm getting tired, too. I'd really appreciate it if you don't bring up anymore tiresome things to me, Ryouta-kun." He says it as though he really is exhausted. As he passes by, he gives you a pat on the shoulder. After that vague statement, he leaves, and you follow after him.

I kind of feel guilty about that, because we ARE wasting his time because we know the Hougyoku won't be found for like... how many years are we down to?

Though then again, we don't really know whether or not our actions will affect how the Hougyoku will ultimately be found. Like I don't know, Urahara disposed of it at least seventy years ago, and yet it wasn't found again until the mid 2000s. So that means that there probably were previous hosts that we just somehow didn't find?
>>
>>46991018
Aizen's Hogyoku worked, just differently, until he nommed Urahara's and it turned into the grant a wish foundation.

Gin wanted to kill Aizen from the start, his pokerface was just beyond maximum.

Unless we're talking Shroom's canon and not canon canon, I can;t speak for Shroom's canon, as I cannot remember what he did establish for it.
>>
>>46991089
No I mean that the reason Gin wanted to kill Aizen was because Aizen's goons spirit-raped Rangiku in Aizen's efforts to create the Hougyoku.

Which raises the question of what Urahara did to make his. Or what he did to make Miyu, considering Asauchi are horrifying.
>>
>>46991122
Aw shit dawg, my bad. I feel you now.

And yeah, Urahara probably did some nasty shit. He's not exactly an ethical person, really. He's no Mayuri, but for all of his talk, he is not a good man.
>>
>>46991187
Hell, we STILL have no goddamn idea what happened to the other vizards.

Like, somehow, Urahara was able to bring Hiyori back with him, even though I'm pretty sure she was part of the public sentencing as abominations in canon.

Not to mention Yoruichi and Tessai, who weren't even hollowfied.

Also on a scale of one to ten, how much does Soi Fon hate Urahara?
>>
>>46991274
A solid six!
>>
File: 1428945393924.gif (284 KB, 500x800) Image search: [Google]
1428945393924.gif
284 KB, 500x800
>>46991274
>Also on a scale of one to ten
>>
>>46991301
Wow that's a lot lower than I expected, considering that not only did Yoruichi leave the soul society because of Urahara, but Urahara came back and -Yoruichi didn't-.

Like I would have expected her to have tried to legitimately murder Urahara at least once.
>>
>>46991301
I'm still sad that you had Isshin meet a terrible fate at the hands of Mayuri, both because he doesn't deserve it and Hitsugaya is the worst.
>>
>>46991364
Don't understimate a solid six!
>>
Thanks for running. I rarely get to participate, but this is definitely one of my favorite quests.
>>
>>46991430
Wait for comparison, how much does -Mayuri- hate Urahara?
>>
File: 1439242763972.jpg (429 KB, 909x1290) Image search: [Google]
1439242763972.jpg
429 KB, 909x1290
>>46991469
Thank you for reading!

>>46991473
A seething nine! But maybe he'll drop down to an eight or a seven in a few decades. ...Well, considering the decades to come, probably not!
>>
>>46991537
On a scale of 1-10 how much would Hiyori hate us if we got her to come out for a date and we didn't show up?
>>
File: 1448764907734.jpg (80 KB, 576x972) Image search: [Google]
1448764907734.jpg
80 KB, 576x972
>>46991578
Ten_.
>>
>>46991578
Why would you even ask such a thing? Also it's too bad we really bungled that date, since Hiyori could have possibly been someone to talk to?

Maybe? Like I think that there exist levels where she's not just terrible.
>>
>>46991616
Kek
>>
>>46991617
You're pretty optimistic.
>>
>>46991616
That's it? I was expecting it to be higher.

She must really like us!

Who is the angriest person in the soul society at any given point, and why?

>inb4 someone called Unohana old
>>
>>46991537
It's too bad Clarissa failed to get Ea, since that'd be solidly mid-tier in terms of zanpakuto.
>>
>>46990869
>that twitter post
One day Clarissa will have her time to shine.
Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.