[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/40krpg/ 40K Roleplay General: Xenos-Killing Flashlights Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: 35590219.jpg (41 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
35590219.jpg
41 KB, 250x250
For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War. Not the wargame. Not Chapter Master. Or Space Hulk. The Roleplaying game.

Book Repositories (If you're planning o downloading any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory.)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg
Shield of Humanity PDF
https://mega.nz/#!xlRWBaiI!MmOEkMse0wHVsyLDGbZJVGUXgVEuB9lWSyVl6ZhvgGM

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v5.43.150418), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Not updated with any DH2 content.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Fear and Loathing (Ver 1.5.2) and The Fringe is Yours (Ver 1.6.0), /tg/ made Rogue Trader homebrew supplements for playable xenos, Knights, Horus Heresy gear, and other things
http://www.mediafire.com/view/kpl4pvkdiidvg6n/Fear_and_Loathing.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2zfoc5jo7s7vrb5/The_Fringe_is_Yours.pdf

Previous Thread:
>>46887210
>>
is it possible for a Sister of Battle to marry?
>>
>>46976515
They're all married. To the Emperor.
If one happens to retire, or maybe some Order Famulous thing, then yeah, they don't take vows of chastity or anything like that.
>>
>>46976515
Yes, they marry once and become a bride of the Emperor. Any other thoughts for other men and they'd be betraying their vows to Him.

So, to answer your question, no. No nooky with other men.
>>
Is it just me or is the Culexus Assassin in Enemies Beyond a bit weaker than what it should be?

Despite the assrape that is being fisted by it's fist, it doesn't have the Swift/Lightning Attack talents and the Arcane Eye doesn't have the Sanctified and/or Daemonbane qualities meaning Daemons still have their daemonically-enhanced TB to resist the attack.
>>
>>46976550
>>46976553
weren't brides of the emperor a heretical thing by vandire?
>>
>>46976638
You think those traditions simply vanished? They became Sister's of Battle without removing any of their traditions or arcane rituals. Reformed from bodyguard to fighting force for the Church.
>>
>>46976621
Use the stat block in RT: Navis Primer pg 117
>>
>>46976515
We've had a Rogue Trader marry one but that was a special case.

We saved the survivors of a decimated detachment of sisters sent to recover some relic, recovered the relic ourselves, then ferried both the sisters and the relic to their shrine world base.

Once there the RT asked for the hand of one of the survivors in marriage and the Canoness Superior decided that:
a) she already lost many sisters so losing one more from among the handful of survivors the RT saved does not make that much of a difference
b) having a fanatical follower in the bed of a powerful Rogue Trader is not that bad of a deal

The RT was very religious so even though there were some initial tensions (she made him throw away the stuffed dark eldar wych from his office) it was a happy marriage and they've had a dozen children.

One problem for the rest of the crew was that there was a hot blooded positive feedback loop between them. The RT could get overzealous all on his own so having his wife egg him on on top of that made it very hard to propose courses of action which did not involve slaughtering the enemies of the Emperor.
>>
File: 1411207612577.png (85 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1411207612577.png
85 KB, 350x350
>>46977139
Truly the God-Emperor smiles on that union!
>>
>>46976515
Depends on the source.
>>
>>46976515
What about space marines?
>>
>>46977139
>>46976550
SoBs wouldn't make good wives in the first place, not for rogue traders nor for anyone.

The average female noble a rogue trader would marry is an augmented sex expert experienced in running an estate, interested in expanding it and prepared to give her children a crash course in surviving in the cutthroat world of noble politics. A Sob knows nothing and cares nothing about pleasing her man running his household or raising children. He couldn't even bring her to a fancy party because she would embarrass him by eating the space fish with the space fruit pork.
>>
>>46979488
It sounds like you're confusing Rogue Traders with planetary Govenors. Think of them more as sanctioned Pirates that only does pirating stuff as long as it's in the name of the God-Emperor of mankind.

Their ship is their estate, their "politics" often end in having their Arch-Militant killing whomever is in there way. If the Rogue Trader is going to a posh party, it's only because his retinue is going through the rest of the house, stealing whatever isn't nailed down. Think "Inquisitor" except he has even more money, far less restrictions, and way, way more mobile.
>>
>>46976515
Depends on the source. Most sources have them celibate without mentionning an interdiction.
One of the Ciaphas Cain books has a canoness in an affair with the schola's director, and Inquisitor Vail comments that despite the commonly held belief that sisters are forbidden from having sexual relationships, they don't actually take celibacy vows.
Also there are refences to (non sororitas) concubines for high-ecclesiarchy members in the fluff, so the Ecclesiarchy may take more from protestantism or early catholism than from post council of Nicaea (get the reference?) church.

One big problem is that sisters are forbidden from owning anything. They belong to their order. So marriage may be impossible in that regard. It doesn't prevent them from having a partner, though.
>>
>>46976474
>this is my fleshlight
>there are many like it, but this one is by far the toothiest
>>
>>46979779
>Their ship is their estate, their "politics" often end in having their Arch-Militant killing whomever is in there way.

what about all the dynastic holdings in the background? most rogue traders probably don't even keep their spouses and children around, they stay behind being normal asshole nobles
>>
>>46979790
>>46976515
In the Catholic Church nuns and sisters are a different thing with different vows. The latter have simpler vows and could even leave the convent and marry, though it's very rare.

t. man with nun and sister aunts
>>
>>46979843
>most rogue traders
Most? Where are you getting that from?

Every bit of lore that I've read about Rogue Traders say that they all have a warrent of trade that allows them to go where ever, do whatever, as long as they explore, spread the religion, and/or crush xenos in the name of the Imperium of Man (and most take full advantage of that because it comes with a free ship!). Now, they might in their later years retire of all of that, then yeah they might need a bride of worthy repute, but a SoB is a good wife for an adventuring Rogue Trader that has a zealous love for the big E.
>>
Alright boys, I'm of a mind to get rich in DHe1. Not 'Rank 5 noble look at my 750 throne/month income' rich, not 'Can afford Best Craft Power Armour' rich, but 'Carelessly dropping 10mil on a shiny new Guncutter. I needed a personal launch for my starship' rich. I want the first billion to be a good start.

I know Ascension and especially RT's acquisition system is geared more toward this kind of wealth but I'd like to actually bridge the gap between counting thrones and influence/PF levels of wealth in more detail than
>We're spent a bunch of XP so we're moving to Ascension. You now have 40 influence.
We'll probably move into PF eventually just to spare us all some bean counting but I think having spent the time actually building up companies and interests will make that 40 PF feel much more meaningful than 40% chance to Acquire ExRare item X.

I think it could lead into interesting RP things long term too. I'm planning for my wealth to be 'real' in that it's actually legitimate and not just made of assets seized under Inquisitorial authority; then using the businesses I own as covers for inquisitorial work and the money I make to pursue inquisitorial interests. Sort of like hiding in plain sight but more hiding on a raised platform with a laser light-show.

Think RT's PF system to represent our buying power, including trying to set up trade routes and the like to increase it, but without the freedom of the Warrant to leave the Imperium, generally not give a fuck, etc. And from DH, working for the Inquisition, the power dynamics as you move from being an acolyte/interrogator doing what you're told into a peer of your former master trying to do what you can to keep the Imperium safe.

Rate my insanity.
>>
>>46980151
Black Crusade
>>
>>46980053
the fluff is explicit in there being dynasties at the back of established rogue traders, sometimes even working to undermine him, and the fluff has captains corresponding with their heirs by letters, meaning they don't just carry everything they own and their family around like space nomads

a rogue trader tends to have vast resources back in imperial space, it's just that they're not there to administer them in person, hence why a spouse competent at running this sort of thing is useful
>>
File: a4b.jpg (69 KB, 680x462) Image search: [Google]
a4b.jpg
69 KB, 680x462
>>46980164
Kek
>>
>>46980053
Almost all rogue traders come from a large dynasty, either on the rise or failing.

There are cases of people of great note getting a warrant but they are usually already well off. Like a admiral of a crusade fleet branch or an inquisitor that has worked their way past eisinhorn status.
>>
>>46980053
>>46980291
>>46980454
Not all warrants of trade are made the same. Some are loosely constrained, others limited to individual dynasties, yet more in certain regions or so long as specific activities are continued.
>>
>>46980505
And that was not the point of the original post we were discussing.
>>
So myself an a bunch of my mates from the military are going to start playing Only War. Someone had the genius (read: shit) idea of us playing ourselves.

Obviously this is going to turn into a party of Mary Sues, with our comrades being the guys from the unit we fucking hate with all their negative aspects dialed up to fucking ten.

How do I convince them that this is a really bad idea
>>
>>46980889
Have them fight tyranids first game, no survivors.

People are less likely to play themselves again if they die like a chump
>>
>>46980916
Excellent idea.

I'll volunteer to be GM, and I'll give them a sliver of a hope of surviving just so they think that it was actually possible to "win" the session but they just fucked up.

A session to reach the last shuttle off the planet should do it and for bonus points I'll see if I can make them compromise their Mary Sueness by giving them the opportunity to give their seats to refugees. Even if they do- which they won't- they are going to die anyway
>>
I'm going to be running a Deathwatch game soon.

Is there any reason why the Deathwatch Errata gives the Storm Bolter a higher ROF than the standard Bolter? It even lets the firer score more hits than the Heavy Bolter, and the Storm Bolter doesn't have the special ammo drawbacks the Heavy Bolter has either.

I've previously run Rogue Trader and the Storm Bolter already proved itself to be disgustingly good there, setting the RoF to SA will probably help but I can easily see SMs regularly hitting the 8 DoS needed, especially against hordes. I take it setting the RoF to 3 like the regular bolter wouldn't appreciably change the balance, or would that be a terrible idea for some reason I'm overlooking.

Another thing I've noticed is that Witch Bolts seem like they'll render any powerful psychic or demonic enemy a joke, for what seems like not much requisition, and the errata hasn't changed them at all.
>>
>>46980962
>heavily injured troops make it to the void dock
>ship bay doors open
>genestealer in rogue trader garb enters will thrall crew
>in space no one can hear their screams
>>
>>46980980
A) different weapon designed for space marines instead of normal people

B) death watch teams can run into gaggles of psykers, even multiple alpha level ones. Just up the chaff low band psykers or switch to black crusade and dark heresy sorcery
>>
>>46980980
>Is there any reason why the Deathwatch Errata gives the Storm Bolter a higher ROF than the standard Bolter?
Because it fires a shit ton more bullets than a standard Bolter? It's a double barreled spray and pray weapon after all.
>>
>>46981029
I'm only taking about the Astartes Bolters. The Pre Errata Stats give them the same RoF. The Errata stats give the Astartes Storm Bolter a higher RoF than the regular Astartes Bolter.

>>46981049
That's handled by the storm trait, which lets it hit twice for each hit rolled. The Bolter can hit a maximum of 3 times, the Storm Bolter can hit a maximum of 4 times, doubling to give you 8 hits.
>>
I might have a slot in a mid level Deathwatch game soon. Rank 4, 40-ish renown. We play on Saturdays, beginning on midday and go on for about 4-5 hours every weekend.

Ideally searching for a well organised and responsive individual as a lot of game related chat happens in our Skype convo, which is rather lively even between games.

Creativity, inventiveness and ability to roleplay beyond the archetype of a post human killing machine is highly desirable as the game includes subplots concerning chapter specific lore and secrets and is rather lore heavy.
Current lineup includes lib, assault, tactical and potentially a techie.
For those who remember short storytimes showcasing party ineptitude so, it's the one with Brother Arkio who are a harlequin, which might give you a rough idea what's the campaign is like.
Drop me a line if you're interested or have any questions @gmail: walter.gorkamorka
>>
File: 1429049856541.gif (700 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
1429049856541.gif
700 KB, 180x180
>>46977139
>(she made him throw away the stuffed dark eldar wych from his office)
>>
>>46980889
Have fun with it so they want to play another session but ultimately >>46980916

Bring in exagerated stereotypes from the military like making the PDF the same as the ANA or the Iraqi Army, right down to the Slaanesh level deviancy

Bring in real life inter-corps rivalries, like a nearby artillery regiment being full of big dumb violent meat heads, or a vox-unit being full of nerds that your regiment has fun teasing and bullying (opposed strength tests on giving them wedgies, anyone?).

Without copying them exactly, make some of the NPCs have the same mannerisms as people you know irl, except surprise your party by making them act out of character when SHTF (the stern CSM suddenly has more important things to do when you're facing down an Ork horde but the weird cunt medic who never talks to anyone and always reads kindle books IRL risks his life to retake and man a heavy weapon position). By doing this you can also guarantee TPK by getting them to place total trust and total reliance in the avatar of someone who's extremely competent in real life only to have him run away or get instagibbed by the enemy.

Ultimately give them the chance to have fun for a session or two, let them explore some avenues, but then have them killed off so your party can move on with their adventures
>>
>>46980542
It is, though. Not all warrants even relate to dynasties, or are connected to one.
>>
>>46980889
>>46980962
You could just try and have a good time instead of being a passive-aggressive arsehat? I mean if isn't fun then you can just tell them "guys I don't think this is working" and work it out. If you railroad their deaths you'll just be that GM.
>>
>>46981879
I agree with this poster.
Seriously, it's possible to make self-inserts work out. Give fun a chance, don't be the guy that set fire to the house and say "it would have happened anyways" afterwards.
Common character creation with points and vetos should prevent any sueness.

If you still want to crash that plane and give them one single chance to redeem themselves, make them play each other.
>>
>>46981199
Couple of questions:

-Voice or Text? (I prefer the latter but can work with the former)
-What timezone?
-Have room (and XP) for Mariachiwings (Deathwing Vets in the First Founding book if the reference is unclear)?
>>
>>46981278
Memento of a repulsed dark eldar raid and a serviceable coat rack, though the taxidermy was shoddy in places, particularly around the shotgun wound which did her in.

>>46979488
The RT wanted a wife who wouldn't do heretical stuff behind his back like half of Imperial noblewomen would, could accompany him on his expeditions without squeamishness, and would make sure his children are brought up in appropriate piety and zeal.
>>
>>46983362
And the form-fitting corset PA was just a perk, I imagine.
>>
>>46983386
Funnily enough the Rogue Trader had to sign a document saying he would return the armour in the event of his wife's death, since the Canoness Superior absolutely refused to sell it.
>>
File: 1296432779060.jpg (29 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
1296432779060.jpg
29 KB, 600x480
>>46981199
>>46982831
Sorry, should have mentioned
- Voice
- GMT
- All splats are allowed and you get approx. 18k XP to spend at chargen
>>
>>46976474
Newbish RT GM here. It says the Missionary gets Pure Faith as their Special Ability. It also lists Pure Faith in their starting talents. Is this the authors factoring that into the starting talent? Should the Missionary count both separately and so they get a free Talented (One Skill) as per the rules of character creation?
>>
>>46983588
sets of power armor are relics onto themselves you know
>>
>>46984773
It's redundant. Pure Faith is a Talent that only Missionaries can get as from their special ability. It's listed in their starting talents as well for redundancy, but doesn't give them a free Talented.

The free talented is mainly due to duplicate talents that you might pick up during the Origin path. It's quite powerful, so I'd suggest that in the case where they have a chance to pick a choice of talents, of which one of which is a duplicate, you make them take the other. Even if that means going back and picking the other option if the previous point they picked it up gave them a choice.
>>
>>46983987
any details on where to contact you or getting involved?
>>
>>46985111
They are still in production in many forge worlds, so it's possible for a SoB to be issued a brand-new armor.
If anything, I suppose novices would mainly get those, since they aren't prized relics with a glorious record.

I imagine it would go roughly like any computer I've bought.
Day 1
>I'm gonna take care of you and polish you all day and you'll never get dirty, so you can be a resplendent beacon of The Emperor's Neverending Glory.
Day 28
>The canoness gave me a purity seal to put on my armor after I shoot that Genestealer Alpha.
Day 30
>That tyranid acid spit just won't go away
Day 42
>This pouch isn't standart, but it's perfect to hold my spare mags.
Day 77
>Inscribing personal litanies on the trims because Uvvar IX was hell.
Day 83
>I don't even have time to redo the paint job between two purges.
Day 122
>Grizzled veteran look achieved. Power Armor looks like it was made during the Great Crusade and has seen only war since.
>>
>>46981579
In all cases , warrants lead to dynasty.

Just because someone is just given one, does not mean it is not the start of a brand new dynasty.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 343x429) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 343x429
watched ghost in the shell innocence recently and I'm wondering if I could fluff a tech priest so his appearance could be less typical as mech and more like an android/mannequin

Is it possible in fluff to do this?
>>
>>46985111
I don't think sob power armor has the same care and importance put into it like marines do, not to mention the whole spirit thing
>>
>>46986264
In titanicus the appointed mechanicus pr techpriest was designed to be very human-like in appearance, I'd say you can do it
>>
>>46981102
Storm bolters put out a ridiculous amount of ammo, by all known lore.
It really isn't a problem, especially since it doesn't hit as hard with errata, but it makes it worthwhile to take, especially with terminator armor.
>>
Playing my first Only War game. Squad as a Heavy, Weapons Spec., Psyker, and Medic.
Base stats including regiment boons/etc. are:
WS:35
BS:42
S:28
T: 38
A: 34
Int: 34
Per: 29
WP: 32
Fel: 34

What should I roll up /tg?
>>
>>46986382
I'd say heavy, get a +5 T at start for more sweet dr.
>>
>>46986436
Heavy with 28 Strength?
>>
>>46986582
If he had a bit more agi or per I'd have said weapon spec
>>
>>46986382
Well a Sgt or Commissar would make the group well rounded.

However, ive always wanted to play a Wep spec that uses a chemelioline cloak to get close with a flamer. Also they'd have a hightened senses characteristic, such as sound or touch so they could sense the movements of enemies.

Also all my characters end up with an unusual charactersitic, this one has the ability to cause 'blowouts' in closed rooms and does structural damage to a building with a flamer.

I also planned to make the character rank high in navigation. Could plan ambushes and travel over difficult terrain.
>>
>>46986382
What type of regiment is it? If there's a vehicle in it, be an Enginseer or Operator.
>>
>>46986656
Is he gonna operate operatically?
>>
>>46986656
>>46986641

We're Cadian so i was thinking Operator to handle a Chimera and I was also considering Sergeant as well to make the group well rounded.
>>
Has anyone got any idea on what sort of stats a Force Hammer should have in Deathwatch. I have a player that really wants one.

I was thinking either 2d10+2 I, Pen 2, Force, Concussive, Unwieldy. Or maybe 1d10+5 with everything else the same.
>>
>>46986825
1d10+4 if one handed, but you can 2 hand it for 1d10+9.
>>
>>46986741
Either of those could work then, yeah.

>>46986738
Well a good driver CAN make his vehicle sing...
>>
>>46986825
compare power sword and force sword, figure out the ratio of power disparity between the two.
then throw it out of the window because once lib channels WP target just evaporates.
gg
>>
>>46985480
Dude, take better care of your computer. The machine spirits are not satisfied by your lack of care for them.
>This coming from the guy whose computer has failed and been repaired with new parts so many times, it's been officially dubbed the Blue Beetle.
>>
File: Uniform1.png (255 KB, 396x732) Image search: [Google]
Uniform1.png
255 KB, 396x732
Hi im an RT and i want powerclaws because they seem to be objectivly the best close combat weapon.

The only rules ive been able to find for them are in DW.

Lightning ClawMelee1d10+6E 8 Power Field, Special (+1dmg / DoS), Tearing 30kg30 or 45Distinguished

However i was told that they are in one of the RT suppliment books.

Care to help a RT out by posting the rules?
>>
>>46986998
Faith and Coin.

Check the combined armory in the OP, it's a great spreadsheet that has everything.
>>
>>46986935

Not Desktop of Theseus?
>>
>>46986264
You ever read Eisenhorn?
>>
>>46987144
That's the nickname. (And yes, over about 2 years, it's gotten every last part replaced at one time or another. Including mobo and case)
>>
>>46987085
This.
>>
File: power claw.png (1 MB, 594x914) Image search: [Google]
power claw.png
1 MB, 594x914
>>46987085
Thanks for pointing that out anon.
>>
hey guys, my dm wants to run dark heresy and i've never played it before. are psykers good in the system? i've heard that eventually if you play a psyker you WILL just die because you accidentally blew up your own head and that's fine, i wanna do cool psionics stuff
>>
>>46988914
Yes and yes, unless you're playing DH2e. It's a lot harder to die in 2nd edition.
>>
>>46988914
Please read up on what psykers actually are. They, along with Tech-Priests are the most fluff-intensive roles to play.
>>
>>46989086
im familiar with 40k lore but ive never played dark heresy so i figured i asked before i made the equivalent of a d&d monk or something
>>
>>46989326
First of all, are you playing DH 1e or 2e?
>>
>>46989425
2e
>>
>>46989086
>They, along with Tech-Priests are the most fluff-intensive roles to play.

No one has ever played a tech-priest that wasn't a joke with cogs.
>>
>>46989476
Read up on the psyker section part in the book and on Lexicanum then. If you still are set on playing a psyker, then read through the entire psychic powers section.
>>
>>46989538
Does becoming horrifically depressed and semi-alcoholic after losing your True Flesh and being restored to your healthy fleshy body via heretical means count? Cause that's what happened to my one Techpriest character to date.

Later he died while shooting the party psyker-turned-daemonhost full of hot lead and promethium
>>
>>46986264
Yes, absolutely. I've pretty much got an entire sect of Tech-Priests that perfect the "Holy Human form" in the Machine. I.e, they have implants and cybernetics that make them look like Greek and Roman statues of antiquity and other perfect ideals of the human form. Makes a nice contrast with the more overt inhumanity and disturbingness of typical Tech-priests.
>>
>>46986264
>so his appearance could be less typical
Define "typical". They really can look like anything. I remember there being a tech-adept who's body was a perfect replica of a healthy man's body but it was made entirely of silver. He even had a realistic facial body language replication, sounds to imitate normal breathing and all kinds of other shit.
>Is it possible in fluff to do this?
You could make the character a Mechanicus diplomat. someone who was chosen and build to better interact with non augmented people than your average tech priest
>>
>>46990781
Factor of the Lathes, by DH1 terms.
>>
>>46989931
Storytime, or too late?
>>
File: davrus profile.jpg (49 KB, 800x700) Image search: [Google]
davrus profile.jpg
49 KB, 800x700
So /wh40krpg/, I have an entire free weekend for once because I'm off Saturday for some odd reason and dh2e game was canceled Sunday. I have two batches of plans, both of which I've already done significant work on but will be focusing several hours towards this weekend and may wind up rewriting a bit. I've separated the batches into two posts as they're different characters and both have entirely different hurdles to deal with.

Firstly
>plan for my blinded, heavily damaged, fateless Heretek to get far away from anything resembling combat until he can be healed, because for some reason despite being a gentle nudge away from death he has been right next to combat for several sessions
>plan for him to get healed and repaired and reoutfitted. assuming the warband cannot get their hands on his old gear for one reason or another he'll need new stuff
>write up a requisition list, primary stuff being to repair and improve him, secondary to replace whatever he needs replacing, tertiary being information tools and other useful doodads.

For this first set of three, I could use suggestions of things to look up from various non-DH2e sources as well as oddball things to look up in DH2e that might have been skimmed over (the latter is unlikely as I've been reading and re-reading much lately). Ideas on how a recently blinded person might act and navigate an area they've seen before but didn't memorize would be handy. As well as how a tech-priest (Heretek or no) would function blinded if it takes a when I go to upgrade something. Oh, and ideas on improving ocular implants assuming they function approximately like regular human eyes as I don't know if I'll get any bonus features.
>>
File: Basch_Beard.png (891 KB, 738x660) Image search: [Google]
Basch_Beard.png
891 KB, 738x660
>>46993447

Secondly
>plot for the Heretek's eventual demise, as if he so much as gets grazed he's permadead though if he survives the immediate future he may live for a while yet
>build next character, new information and realizations have somewhat forced me to change my original build plan for this, but they're for the better I think
>obtain art for this next character, as I will certainly use him sooner or later

The second set of three I could use mood music (anything darker, slower, either sardonic or introspective, Disturbed's The Sound of Silence cover was the first thing I found that fit, and Voltaire and Godsmack both added to this), various alternate "Jedi" designs for inspiration, Imperial Navy ideas, a good picture of Imperial Guard Flak (worn or not) for reference, old soldier type art for reference, and cultural ideas for Hrax. The character himself is going to be Feudal (Hrax)/Imperial Navy/Mystic, Sanctioned via houseruled purchasing rule, Sanctic focused psycker with plenty of minor powers. Entirely Jedi flavored, even to the point of going by the Jedi Code and being in a militant monk sword focused psycker order that was homebrewed by the GM.

Pic related in the first is my current character, pic related in the second is the basis for how my second will look and has significant influence on his personality.
>>
>>46993469
Will he have a little twerp running around pretending to be him?
>>
>>46988914
Psykers range from damned good to ungodly broken depending on certain iterations. Perils of the Warp are indeed a thing to watch out for though.
>>
Are any of the Raven Guard signature psyker powers any good? That one which gives everyone in the bubble a surprise half action seems pretty interesting, but its range is so damn short.

Also, does your group allow librarians from successor chapters to use their progenitor's signature spells, even though First Founding says you're not allowed? We think it's pretty ok.
>>
File: DeathCat.jpg (116 KB, 1133x980) Image search: [Google]
DeathCat.jpg
116 KB, 1133x980
So I'm about to run a DH 2nd game next week. Are there any good fan campaigns or adventures online? Any suggestions on how an intro mission should go too?
>>
File: 5xlW.jpg (100 KB, 800x620) Image search: [Google]
5xlW.jpg
100 KB, 800x620
Any ideas on what an ossefactor's stats should be? On the tabletop it's 24" assault 1 AP2 with Fleshbane. As a bonus, if a non-vehicle model dies, the rest of his unit must now take d6 AP- hits with Ignores Cover, the strength is equal to the toughness of the model that died as his bones shoot out and kill everyone nearby.
>>
>>46986264
Look into Dark Heresy: The Lathe Worlds expansion book. Techpriest Factors are kind of like this. They're the least autistic of techpriests who are chosen to interact with Imperium nobility and other important members of Imperial society.
>>
How difficult do you think it would be for FFG to translate 1e's alternate career ranks and elite advances to 2e elite advances?
>>
>>46985111
Some are, like some bolt pistols. There's billions of suits out there though and not every one of them is a storied relic of the distant past. Some are INSPECTED BY TECHPREIST #14 - 322 M.41
>>
>>46996064
>Also, does your group allow librarians from successor chapters to use their progenitor's signature spells, even though First Founding says you're not allowed?
Yeah, I really don't see why not, unless the chapter has REALLY strayed far from it's founding legion's roots.
>>
Most effective way to play a blank in DH2? 10k xp.
>>
>>46997777
Stand in front of psychic bolts and hug daemons.
>>
>>46997794
I should have said build. I meant build.
>>
>>46997804
What homeworld/background/role if any in particular? Rolling for stats or point buy? Are you going to be a blank and have other traits be footnotes or are you going to do other stuff?
>>
>>46989055
People say this, and I have yet to see it happen. The only thing I have seen is that pcs are not as comically inept at chargen like they were in DH1e.
>>
>>46997906
Also thank Emprah for the consolidation of the comical skill-bloat.
>>
>>46996374
Drop them into a hive, tell them to investigate a group suspected of heretical acts.
The group has done nothing wrong outside take up extreme Emperor worship.
>>46996992
Impossible since they do not exist at all in a similar format. The best you could do is what another anon did, make them backgrounds, roles and such.
>>46996881
What's it's strength? So far, it sounds like 100m, S/2/-, AP12, Tearing, kills made by the weapon are resolved as frag grenades.
>>46997804
There is no build, because being a blank is a single, rather minor, aspect of a character.
>>
I'm going to add a typical dark heresy party to my campaign for one episode. I'll have a group of a highly diverse individuals including a tech priest loses with archeotech to sit in a bar and discuss something, with weapons visible and all that. Hopefully this will make them realise how retarded low subtlety parties look in public.
>>
>>46998004
>a tech priest loses with archaeotech
Did autocorrect fuck your sentence in some way?
>>
>>46997872
Point buy, intent is to still be functional as a character, but focus on either melee or range & beating up psykers.

Homeworld/Background/Role isn't set.
>>
>>46998004
Asides from Dark Heresy (and occasionally Black Crusade when subtlety is a must) I really can't imagine any 40K RPG characters that look "low subtlety".
>>
>>46998038
Yes, sorry.
Loaded with archeotech
>>
>>46998073
Does the 10k xp include the 1k at character creation?
>>
>>46997964
>What's it's strength?
It's just 1 so it's Fleshbane is the main "Strength".
So maybe a decent Proven quality and 2d10+2?
>>
>>46998004
Subtlety is a choice, not a mandate, and you are being foolish for trying to tell the group how to play the game.
>>46998114
Haha, no.
S1 means it's a special weapon, it would say, test toughness or take toughness damage.
>>
>>46998073
What about equipment?
>>
>>46996374
>Any suggestions on how an intro mission should go too?
I like to put them up against something that they most likely have no way to defeat/kill unless they REALLY play smart and also points to/ties into this campaign or arc's main bad guy group.

Basically this will do a couple of things:
-It will kill or badly maim overtly headstrong players who charge on in without a second thought.
-It will teach acolytes the importance of researching and preparing against the bizarre, powerful, and sometimes even esoteric enemies the Inquisition faces is very important
- It shows how very fragile you can be as an acolyte as well as how important Fate points are
-It leads into the enemy at large as well as shows how great the foes the Inquisition are expected to face are

>>46998158
Yeah, that makes a lot more sense.
Probably something like the Irradiated quality then. A Toughness test at a negative modifier and then 2d10 of toughness loss, and if a target goes to zero Toughness they explode.
>>
I've just finished a Dark Heresy campaign, and my players wish to give Rogue Trader a go.

Which books would be the most important to cover all the main bases of an RT campaign?
>>
>>46998193

There should be at least one situation where they can successfully use violence, if they build characters to be good at violence, to get past a conflict in the story.

The rising action / hook is a good place for that.

For example, I started an adventure for my group with the acolytes collecting sealed books from a library in a upper spire when a sudden attack by underhive scum kidnapped several children. They killed several hivers and discovered on one of them a blood-stained under-hive map with a mysterious occult symbol showing where they were supposed to take their victims.

Then they got a choice between investigating the symbols, going to the meeting point, delivering the sealed books they'd been sent to collect or doing something crazy you didn't expect. (Players will do the last sometime.)

Going into the underhive was what they went with. They had to navagate the dangerous tunnels and deal with a gang that controlled the area they were passing though. They got though without a fight and even got some information on the cult, in return for the warning that the stolen noble children were going to bring the arabies down on the underhive like a hammer.
>>
>>46998073
How does Daemon/Arbites/Crusader with

Willpower, Defense, Knowledge, Offense, Strength, Toughness, and Agility

Ws 35, Bs 25, S 35, T 40, Ag 40, Int 25, Per 30, Wp 40, Fel 20, Ifl 25

Haven't spent any exp yet so skill, equipment, and talents are as they are from home world, background, and role.
>>
>>46998390
No disagreement there. I have nothing against combat characters, but getting players to understand that running is an option, as well as preparing for combat is nigh essential. Being a beatstick is good up until they end up smeared on the side of an underhive wall by an Ogryn with a chainhammer.

But the holy trinity of Dark Heresy will never fail:
>Investigate
>Prepare
>Destroy

But if one of those steps is messed it will often spell disaster for the acolytes.
>>
>>46998390

The cult meetup in the underhive wasn't a survivable fight. A score cultist led by a mysterious hooded figure getting ready to sacrifice pure, unmutated young people.

They got clever and managed to infiltrate and get close enough to the alter to grab four of the sacrifices, then the missionary told the other three that mercy had come for them and that they would not be sacrifices, but martyrs.

He threw firebombs at the alter and last 3, the fire gave the acolytes and 4 lucky ones time to escape.
>>
>>46998467

That's a good point. They always need to be able to define victory as survival or at least a good death.

Preparation and understanding what you are getting into before you shoot is vital. Only getting into a fight on your own terms, also vital.
>>
>>46993317
The story is long and hilariously convoluted. I may storytime it later
>>
>>46998104
Yep.
>>46998181
Waiting to find out what the GM has planned for that.
>>46998415
Daemon World looks like a good choice, but I'm a bit leery of Psyniscience on a blank. Crusader I'm less sure of - the melee damage is good, but the rest of the bonuses and talents either come through Untouchable talents or aren't as useful with the Iron Faith talent tree.
>>
>>46998858
Crusader is more for the aptitudes than the talents and outside of Astra Telepathica, you can only buy it from being a psyker or an inquisitor to my knowledge. Might as well put that 30 per to use anyways since point buy puts a +aptitude at 30.
>>
>>46998891
Besides that though, how is the aptitude spread?
>>
>>46998929
>Aptitude spread
Aptitude and characteristic spread
It is always after you hit post that you find a fault in it.
>>
>>46986264
One option for this that I favour is Techpriests of the Ordo Biologis. It just fits in my mind that the guys whose job it is to know all about the human body and it's genetics would be less likely to toss it away for a great honking servo arm.
>>
>>46999034
Indeed they are, and they are heavily persecuted and disliked by the rest of the Mechanicus.
>>
I started the wargame about two months ago and I was thinking of running an Only War campaign for the first time. How does the system hold up outside of combat? Would 4 people be the ideal number?
>>
>>46999050
> Morris you suck. Look at those terrible eyes. How do even look at the glory of the Omnissiah with those?
> Fuck you Harry, my cybereyes do everything yours do and they look like eyes instead of a necron scarab that's been embedded in your face, like yours.
It's a hard life.
>>
>>46983362
>serviceable coat rack
kek
>>
>>46999097
There's enough skills to have some stuff happening outside of combat, not so many talents but you can manage. Plot hooks when away from the front can be varied and plentiful.

As for number, it depends on what kind of group you have and the style you want to go for.
>>
>>46999229
Is Dark Heresy any different for out of combat? I want to run a more nuanced campaign than a smashy smashy one, but I don't know enough about civilian lore.
>>
>>46979172
In theory a SW or presumably some other equally indifferent Chapter.
>>
>>46998858
Is it more important to personally be anti-psyker or actually lowing their psy rating? Kinda paying out the nose for a Willpower of 55 and the talents that need 55 Willpower.
>>
>>46999315
Read the book, read Lexicanum.
>>
>>46998415
>tfw now noticing no Weapon Skill aptitude
>>
File: antipsyker melee dude.png (36 KB, 996x862) Image search: [Google]
antipsyker melee dude.png
36 KB, 996x862
>>46998858
>>46999534
Well, my fuckup wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but how does it look?
>>
>>46999585
Your skills are shit, your shit perception will get you killed, and on the whole, you made a character that could only survive a combat based game.
>>
>>47000063
Considering the request was for a blank antipsyker combat character, sure. Try to follow the reply chain.
>>
>>46994343
Most likely not thankfully. No annoying prettyboy teens in wh40k
>>
File: 1458074334264.png (1 MB, 914x615) Image search: [Google]
1458074334264.png
1 MB, 914x615
>>
>>47000306
>what are nobles
>>
File: Rogue Trader crew.jpg (87 KB, 900x632) Image search: [Google]
Rogue Trader crew.jpg
87 KB, 900x632
I bought the Rogue Trader book.
How to proceed in order to have Jack Sparrow adventures in spesh?
>>
>>47003077

DIGGANOBS
>>
>>47003362
I don't think you WANT to have Jack Sparrow adventures unless you like being marooned and left for dead on a Death World, dying, losing your ship twice, and having to reappear in progressively shittier sequels.
>>
>>47003501
Where is your sense of adventure lad?
>>
>>47003362
You go back in time, to an era where people played no other kind of Rogue Trader game.
>>
>>47003563
I do not have access to time machine.
>>
>>47003586
Well, just wait until a new Rogue Trader game pops up. It's only marginally harder to find nowadays.

Do feel free to give the book a read, contrary to popular perception Rogue Traders aren't (just) space pirates.
>>
>>47003642
I have been reading it.
It is breddy guud.
Too bad that I don't know anyone who plays tabletop rpgs in real life, nor have I ever played them myself.
>>
>>47003662
Well, next step might have to be gang-dragging a few buddies and GMing a session or two running the corebook's adventure chapter. If you do reasonably well, you might have yourself a tabletop group at the end. You might also become a foreverGM.
>>
>>47003534
Excised from my brain during the mind-scrubbing.
>>
>>47003771
I sorta suspected that being my only real option.
Too bad, I sorta wanted to play an explorator.
>>
>>47003825
You can always try joining a game online.
>>
>>47003362
Get friends
>>
>>47003892
I see.
>>
File: ok.png (226 KB, 347x461) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
226 KB, 347x461
>>47003979
>tfw no friends.
>>
>>46999357
What would you say the difference is? Ideally, I'd like to play some kind of ersatz lesser-powered culexus type. (trying to match an assassin seems to be an exercise in futility)

>>47000063 had a point; this won't be a character for socialising well, but should still be a character over a meat popsicle to wave in combat.
>>
Do you use miniatures for combat in these games?
Like, if there was an encounter with a bunch of orks, could you just basically have a small 40k skirmish to represent it or something?
>>
>>47004394
Nope, it's standard rpg. You can use minis if you wish so but it's entirely optional.

On the other side, Inquisitor is basically Dark Heresy with messier rules and figurines.
>>
>>47004689
But you can use minis, if you want to?
Because I find the idea of using minis for combat and in general, to represent the characters, to be pretty neat.
You could extend that to space combat as well.
>>
>>47004707
Nothing in the rules prevents you from doing it, and it will probably help visualize the place and characters.
I suggest you use a plastic paper roll, with a grid if possible. Draw the floor plan on it and put your minis on top.
Use erasable markers, with different colors for walls, objects, speciall stuff and actions.
>>
>>47003642
>>contrary to popular perception Rogue Traders aren't (just) space pirates.
>TFW my RT games are usually played within a single dynasty of Venetian Space Lannisters with sector distorting power as a group
>Games are fairly evenly split between dynastic politics, economic games, exploration and exploitation of lost worlds, and the inevitable combat that the first three eventually spark off
Being a pirate is treason against the God Emperor of Mankind. Bribing a pirate group to harass a rival's shipping while you undercut his product in his strongest markets is just good business.
>>
File: 1459355880167.gif (83 KB, 100x125) Image search: [Google]
1459355880167.gif
83 KB, 100x125
I'm dropping my players on a frontier world's town (which they know nothing about) that's full of mutants and shit.
Does anyone know of a random generator that creates (maybe Cthulhu-esque?) oddities about towns/villages?
>>
>>47004981
Check the mutation table from Warhammer fantasy roleplay Tome of Corruption. It got 1000 mutations, without counting the subtables.
>>
>>47003241
Well even nobles do have a tendency to be cybered up heavily.
>>
>>47004973
There's a big distinction between pirates and privateers.
>>
I'd love to play Only War or something, but I'd have to DM for my friends who know jack-squat about 40k. I've never DM'd either, and I've never played any of these games either.

Such is life.
>>
>>47006141
What's stopping you?
>>
>>47006261
Nothing really.

I just felt like complaining.
>>
>>47005474
One has a letter from a government or official body and is supposed to target the governments enemies

One is a dirty money grubber who robs as a way of life

The lines are often blurry though.
>>
>>47005474
My point exactly. Privateering is against the enemies of the Imperium. Thus it's legal and even encouraged. When you do it to "loyal Imperial citizens", even those douches in that rival House you hate, it's piracy. Which is treason and heresy against Imperial Law, and can get your entire House killed. Subcontracting the actual piracy is just safer.
>>
How would you guys go about writing a fifth division of Chaos?

Hard mode: give justification for their unnoticed existence instead of birthing them into the present timeline
>>
>>47007080
>implying it doesn't already exist
>>
>>47007080
Chaos god of Waffles
>>
>>47007080
Humanity was the 5th (1st) big chaos god all along.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 411x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 411x480
>>47007080
The Sons of Malice already exist, mate.
Pic related isn't mine, but I wish it was.
>>
File: 1458798103609.gif (92 KB, 220x341) Image search: [Google]
1458798103609.gif
92 KB, 220x341
>>47005064
That's a neat idea, thanks.
>>
>>47007916
As everyone knows, the mark of the warp witch is a third nipple. Therefore, you are now the strongest warp witch in the sector and too valuable to kill. More nipples = more power. It stands to reason.
>>
File: 1439442762791.png (45 KB, 228x233) Image search: [Google]
1439442762791.png
45 KB, 228x233
>Tome of Corruption
>Mutation of a thousand nipples
How am I supposed to explain this to my Inquisitor...?
Also:
>Boneless: When you’re not looking, your bones sneak out of your body to take up a new life as Undead
>>
>>47008059
yeeeah, I wouldn't use Tome of Corruption's mutations. The tone isn't quite right.
>>
>>47008059
Tome of Corruption? Where could I find that at? I've been looking over all of the mega and I can't find it.
>>
Did you guise ever tried to redesign some aspects of lore in 40k to be more realistic or more alien, grimdark or whatever?

Im thinking about trying to somewhat cull the ridiculous bits.
I don't know about it, my players are mostly warhammer vets but some anon complained about Freeboterz being just a poor imitation of human pirates (or other way around) and this kind of stuck in my head. Cannot fucking unsee now. It might be fun and end up awesomely bad.

What would you change if you could?
Make Chaos more weird or even Cthulhu?
Make Eldar more alien or fae like?
Make Space marine less Mary Sue?

pic somewhat related
>>
File: Muffled AYY LMAO.jpg (26 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Muffled AYY LMAO.jpg
26 KB, 500x375
>>47008392
>>
>>47008348
http://khorne.ru/2nd/wfrp_web/Tome_of_Corruption.pdf
>>
>>47008392
Personally, when I GM, the galaxy has minor alien races coming out of the woodwork, ranging from "Ancient foes of humanity coming back from the shadows" to "Young and hungry races that are not quite ready for the galactic stage yet" to "What the hell was that?!" to "Space Cthulhu has awoken and is laying tentacly green shits all over the sector". And every time the players work to commit xenocide on this new threat, I smile a little inside, because this shit happens literally every day, all across the galaxy.
>>
>>47008526

That is kind of my point.

I also try to do as much fucking weird shit for my Inq so the 40k feels like fucking 40k proper.

Humanity always a step from extinction, surrounded by enemy yet still fighting and surviving through the grim dark galaxy where there is only war.

Yet main antagonists are (not)elfs with tight suit armor, orks with british accents in 16th century pirate outfit and very angry guy with spiked armour.

40k is so all over the place, so over the top that im kind of surprised that it survived as an RPG.
>>
>>47008059
Just adapt the fluff. Your bones melt in your body or something.
And find smeone to implant you with bionics, because that particular mutation is terrible.
>>
>>47008669
That's kind of the point though, you can fit whatever you want. I always wanted to run a hereticus game where you just fight normal terrorists, not cultists. Or xenos where you're chasing down woflmen who terrorize a colony. Or malleus where you play ghostbusters, because ghosts are actually a thing
>>
>>47008669
I've bitched before in this general that the Big Four overshadowing the Warp and having exactly 3-4 types of Daemon each makes Chaos feel less of a random and cruel Primordial Annihilator, and more dull and predictable. Then you add in "All cults are ultimately Chaos. All. Cults." and it goes from dull to excruciating. Personally, I'd like to make Chaos more, well, Chaotic, and much less predictable.
As for orks, they're fine if you emphasize their virtually unkillable nature, destructive behavior, and the fact that they're a fucking plague that's basically impossible to get rid of.
Eldar, likewise, are fine if you emphasize their aloof, weird behavior, prophetic beliefs, and unnatural movement. Also that they have zero chill and negative sense of proportionate response.
>>
>>47008793
>Just adapt the fluff. Your bones melt in your body or something.
Why not stick with it? It could provide a nice subplot where the character wants to hunt down his own skeleton and purge the abomination in order to clear his conscience and repent.
>>
>>47008820
>because ghosts are actually a thing
I even statted up a handful of "Geists" for exactly this. Basically restless souls slash warp apparitions that linger, lash out, and ultimately fade away into oblivion, because the afterlife in 40k isn't quite existentially terrifying enough as it is.
>>
>>47008932
I want to see made up minor daemons who try to be worshiped as gods rather than serving the big 4. They don't make their cults summon anything else, they just want some attention and a break from the politics of the warp
>>
>>47009381

Its hard tho, what sort of primal concept would you do that isn't remotely connected to the big 5?

Oh yeah, its 4. Scratch that. I forgot, of course its 4. 4 is a good number... *starts to whisper to himself something about Malal this Malal that*
>>
>>47009322

I like the concept. Ignoring whatever happens to people after the death in 40k, with something especially turbulent there must be some sort of emotional 'imprint' in warp for sure.
Not going full WoD of course its still better than your usual Bloodletter rampage or something.
>>
>>47009448
Fear is a big one that's rarely touched on. It's *the* primal emotion. Hate could be argued to be Khornate, but it can run both cold and hot, so it's not a perfect fit. Joy, love, disgust, even more if we concede that "Excess" isn't an emotion, yet it's Slaanesh's domain. That opens up reams of concepts and domains, and overlapping somewhat with the Big Four is a plus here, not a minus, since it would make Chaos politics more Byzantine and active.
>>
>>47006284
That's top-tier military rp already, get the books and learn the rules, then stick all of them into a recon regiment from an agri world. Getting info on their enemies is their mission and doubles as the way to survive. When they get deployed they don't even know what their enemy is
>>
>>47009644
The enemy is themselves. It may or may not be because of xenos.
>>
>>47008392
There's not really a big need to change anything given the scale the rps work in. The whole point of freeboterz is that they imitate human pirates, and if you played it straight and serious like you apparently want that would make them scary rather than goofy, look at IT with clowns. Chaos as cthulhu is already a thing. Eldar are alien enough if you don't just describe them as regular elves in space. Marines have been worfed time and time again, everyone focuses on their most memorable victories because they're guaranteed replies, but orks, nids and necrons have destroyed entire chapters. Of course, chaos too.
>>
>>47009448
Are there undivided daemons?
>>
>>47009741
In current canon, there's Furies. For named characters, you can count them on one hand - I think M'kar the Somethingorother is technically Undivided, same with Be'lakor, there's also Samus (?) from the HH series.
>>
>>47009723

True, but it was also an open invitation question.

What YOU would change in Eldars to make them more alien? How would you describe them?
>>
>>47009838
I'd stick with how ben counter put them: at a distance they may just look like taller humans, but when you get close they quickly devolve inot uncanny territory. Eyes are black and too large, features are alien, their torso is out of proportion like that of a bird, fingers are more nimble, and they freak you out when they start moving.

And that's when they're not trying to kill you. Now put all that in a suit of scorpion armor in the midst of an IG squad.
>>
>>47009913

Its still pretty much an elf in space tho, and who knew that 'scorpion' was intergalactic bug before it evolved on earth. Im just fucking around but you get the idea...
>>
>>46977139
I can't see the Canoness Superior agreeing to this sort of arrangement. It's not like with many other organizations where you will find cynics on top, she must have come from the bottom and is as fanatical as her subordinates.
>>
>>47009644
Thanks mate! What books would I need, and would a party of 2-3 people be good for a game? I might be able to get a few more of my friends to join. So probably a group between 3-6.

I've also found a pdf of Eleventh Hour, an intro to Only War, is it good?
>>
>>47010567
Honestly, core is good enough to start, but since I mentioned agri world, at least get hammer of the emperor for more options. The other book, shield of humanity, is less useful but can still be relevant. You can play with how many players you want, depends on how you want the game to run, not to mention your GMing style itself. As you're starting out, having just 3 or 4 players may be for the best for a while. Can't really say about the quality of eleventh hour, but usually intro campaigns are pretty good for a start. The core book also has a nice operation you can use as a base.
>>
>>47010730
Alright, got it, thanks mate. I'll probably just find some pdfs of them, and send them to my group, if I like them enough, I'll probabaly get a couple physical copies of the books.
>>
>>47010567

expect players characters to die

a lot

horribly
>>
>>46976474

Is there some more info about a pleb living in 40k?

You know, a slice of life of a typical meatloaf of a citizen of Imperium?
>>
>>47009838
Make them fae, not elfs. Incomprehensible motives, completely disconnected from our PoV and perception of time, and with sudden mood swings.
IIRC 3rd ed codex had them capable of admiring a painting for centuries without doing anything else.

>>47010567
I suggest 3 players since you're beginning. 4 is the perfect number in most games IMO, 2 is often too few.
>>
>>47011143
That's a broad subject. Even in one hive you can have vastly different experiences
>>
>>47010842
Also, anyone have any tips on how to DM, as well as easing players new to 40K into it?

Bump.
>>
>>47012396
Remember that the PCs are both squishier and tougher than they seem.
Make enemies and NPCs act like how they should according to the fluff and their stats.
Have some set pieces and some NPCs to interact with, but otherwise be able to make shit up on the fly.
Understand the setting and understand how to communicate the setting.
Make sure everybody is on the same page as to what sort of campaign it is going to be i.e. combat heavy, loads of politicking around and backstabbing, mysteries, etc.
Make them fight necrons.

Make them play Dawn of War.
>>
>>47012468
Also, know when to withhold and when to give weapon, armor, and gear or at least 'lightly' 'suggest' that they may want some close-quarters weapons if they going to go into cramped spaces and none of them planned for it.
>>
Someone has a rare picture of Malcador? One that I cannot find on google maybe, I get very few results there, I want it for... Science.
>>
How to create a Blank Psychic using DH system?
>>
>>47012690
If you just mean a blank, take the elite advance in either system.

If you mean a blank with psychic powers, you can't.
>>
>>47012708
This.
>>
Which Rogue Trader book has the rules for building a ship?
>>
>>47013930
The corebook, Battlefleet Koronus, and Into the Storm cover most of it; there's a few extra ship components in Hostile Acquisitions I believe.
>>
>>47012708
I thought chaos sorcerors don't need to be psychic? So isn't a blank chaos sorceror technically possible? Not sure if the rules cover that.
>>
>>47014252
Being a Blank precludes the practice of Sorcery.
Well, technically it doesn't, but it makes it stupidly fucking hard.
>>
>>47014371
A blank could probably have knowledge of sorcery, but wouldn't be able to use it as being a blank fucks with warp stuff in general.
>>
>>47014549
They'd probably take a massive penalty, but I wouldn't say it's impossible.

I mean, you can perform Chaos Rituals with them nearby, and that's practically the same thing.
>>
>>47014672
Maybe if it was one of the really weak blanks.
>>
Going to run an Only War campaign with the players acting as naval armsmen.

Adventure seeds other than board the enemy ship/enemy has boarded your ship
>>
>>47015262
The party has to board their own ship.
>>
>>47015262
The enemy has boarded another ship and you have to board it to counter their boarding.

Boardingception
>>
>>47015262
The crew has turned to heresy, and the players must survive as long as they can until reinforcements arrive. Or variations of this, such as:

Half the crew have turned to heresy, and the players must retake the ship with help of their fellow loyalists, etc.
>>
>>47015404
This ain't a drawthread, comrade.
>>
>>47015404
Mate, pretty sure you want the drawthread for this?
>>
>>47015416
Do NOT do this.
That's basically saying.
"So hey, fuck all established NPCs and the entire basis of the game. Let's give the Inquisition reason to kill you all."
>>
>>47015363
>during a resupply action at an Imperial Space Station, all officers along with a retinue of armsmen acting as bodyguards are called in for a meeting with someone important. Midway through the meeting you notice that your ship has begun to leave the docking station without the officers. Somebody is trying to steal your ship!
wew lad
>>
>>47015437
>>47015423
Fuck, serves me right for not checking what thread I'm posting in.
>>
>>47015438
>>47015416
It doesn't have to be heresy it could just be a regular mutiny.

It could go along the lines of:
>hey captain you are a fag and your food is shit so I'm going to relieve you of your command and there's nothing you nor your party of loyal crew members can do about it!
>>
>>47015438
Apologies, I've had no sleep for a few days now.

Perhaps it's what I said, but they must escape before the ship is destroyed and they are killed?

>>47015440
This gave me a good laugh.
>>
>>47015474
>It doesn't have to be heresy it could just be a regular mutiny.
The problem with that is pretty similar. The Imperial Navy Code is hilariously blunt about the price of mutiny. Mutineers, traitors, and spreaders of sedition shall suffer death by airlock or the nearest convenient weapon. The reinforcements may well decide to blow a hole in the ship and let decompression deal with the mutineers.
>>
>>47015563
Which is why it's important to control the situation before reinforcements arrive. Or the ship can have a VIP like an inquisitor or high ranking admiral on board. I do like this idea I might run with it.
>>
Tell me about your custom Only War regiments.
>>
>>47016382
I've been thinking of looking into ways to theme a regiment around the Primitives drawback without ending up with way too many excess regimental kit points over the line.
>>
>>47016382
A handful of companies on a water world that must rely on infantry due to a warpstorm that's been isolating the system for about a thousand years. Also water orks with shark squigs.
Artificial gills, harpoon-based weaponry, very few resources paired with insufficient reinforcements and an incapable directorate.

The players dubbed the regiment "Steel Orcas".

It's only a matter of time until I turn the campaign into pic related.
>>
>>47016529
How is that a bad thing?

>>47016563
How are you going to stat lobstermen?
>>
>>46998729
Please do. It is vital for the survival of humanity, as you may know.
>>
>>47016574
>How is that a bad thing?

It jives a bit weirdly with part of the fluff in that drawback. Primitive regiments don't have high supply priority by the Munitorum, yet if you choose low-cost doctrines you can end up with a startlingly huge standard kit.
>>
>>47016589
Can't you use the points to pick more doctrines or upgrade exiting gear?
>>
>>47016597
>exiting
I mean existing. Could also give them stuff like explosive arrows for their bows.
>>
>>47016574
>How are you going to stat lobstermen?
Probably re-fluff some 'nids.
>>
>>47016597
Pick more doctrines, no--you can only have up to three, and it's really only two as Regimental Type counts for one of the three.

You COULD upgrade existing gear, yeah, but depending on what doctrines you picked you could have as many as 10 extra points, so that's a loooot of upgrading.
>>
>>47016661
Upgrading 1 item from common to good is 5 points and upgrading 1 from common to best is 10.
>>
File: Good Morning Fellow Gentlemen.jpg (180 KB, 652x581) Image search: [Google]
Good Morning Fellow Gentlemen.jpg
180 KB, 652x581
>>47016675
Upgraded craftsmanship isn't anything I would associate with rock-flinging feral world primitives though. ...Though it WOULD work with FEUDAL Worlders with that drawback, potentially...
>>
>>47016710
Could be fluffed as craftsmanship from their homeworld since if they are primitives, might as well make really good primitive weapons. Also adding a Best warknife to the kit would be 18 points.
>>
>>47016732
Hmm. Or 15 for a Good warhammer. Okay...maybe there is something reasonable here.
>>
>>47016758
Could also add upgrades using it like mono or tox-dispenser to the weapons.

Incidentally, bows can have the melee weapon attachment which can be of best quality and have the mono and tox dispenser upgrades.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.