[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: image.jpg (738 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
738 KB, 1024x768
Actually having an edition this time edition
>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)

https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>White Dwarves

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD
>>
>>46965755
Remove chickin pls.
It not 40K.
>>
csm will never get a new codex
>>
How do you redo Marks of Chaos so that they make CSM feel mechically distinct from regular Space Marines?
>>
>>46965780
Stop causing problems. Sometimes we have the chicken, sometimes we don't.
Antichickenfags and prochickenfags just need to accept this.
>>
>>46965780
I'm more mad there's no renegade knight.
>>
>>46965783
Soul blaze for everybody. But you have to use different coloured dice depending on what god the mark is.

>>46965804
I thought it was a turkey.
>>
File: image.jpg (223 KB, 1599x926) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223 KB, 1599x926
>>46965755
5th for the emperor's finest
>>
>>46965780
Oh fuck off.
>>
>>46965817
he's on a smoke break
>>
>>46965783
well they already feel different, perhaps a ranking system?

>mark of khorne, +1 attack. 5 points
>world eater legionarre, +1 attack, rage/counter, +1 ws. 8 points
>daemonkind; +1 attack, rage/counter, fleet, +1 ws. 10 points
>>
Are Orks or Nids the worst codex? This is excluding the flying circus.
>>
>>46965780
We need a CHICKEN ARMY.
Ideas, folks!
-Nids that mutated in the wrong direction?
-admech done bad?
-They aren't chicken, they are eggsquigs?
-Ministorum idiot mistook the troop transport Glorious light of the Emperor with the chicken transport Light of the glorious emperor, leaving Commissar Drudus with 12.000.000 chicken (-425 who have already been shot for insubordination). Still he figured out stuffing democharges onto them and sent them towards the nearest enemy is about as effective as the sorry ass recruits he would get otherwise.
-Some weird dark eldar mutagen virus that turned the 366th Castellan regiment into chickens, after Col Strajzi proudly proclaimed they won't chicken out against the invading dark eldar 2 months ago.
>>
>>46965877

Why would you exclude something, dumbass
>>
>>46965877
tempestus scions
>>
>>46965877
Tough call, but I think I'd go for Nids. Even without Flyrants, they generally have better shooting and are more durable, and using Synapse can mitigate leadership issues.
>>
>>46965877
Def not Nids. It would be Orks or CSM. Both are so awful its a toss up.
>>
>>46965916
what they lack in options they make up for in sexiness
>>
>>46965916
Real codizes only or you could also say assassins, who would simply get shot to shit
>>
>>46965783
Making every unit receive a different effect from each mark, if possible even creating different "purpose" for that unit (obviously with a point cost even extremely different between the different units and the different marks).
Ex. Mark of Khorne makes Terminator attacks -1AP while the Mark of Slaanesh makes gives them +3A and +2I, making the former perfect against TEQ and the latter the nightmare of MEQ
Obviously this is just a stupid example that I made up on the spot that would be most likely overpowered unless you made it extremely costly
>>
>>46965916
3 unique units out of 5 in the entire 'codex'? Doesnt count.
>>
>>46965935
>muh 'real' codices
I will laugh when tempestus are stronger on their own than orks. Then who will have the 'real' codex?
>>
>>46965933
CSM have:

>Better leadership
>Better initiative
>Better Ballistic skill
>Better guns
>Better melee weapon options
>Better psychic powers
>Invuln saves

What on earth do Orks surpass CSM other than being cheap?
>>
>>46965975
>Better psychic powers
Boon of Mutation says hi
>>
>>46965904
Oh gee, maybe because I don't want to play FMCs and including them makes the answer obvious? Go stick a poker up your ass.
>>
File: 40k dep 1.png (281 KB, 567x396) Image search: [Google]
40k dep 1.png
281 KB, 567x396
Would you play with this deployment zone? If so how many points would be too much to make it balanced
>>
>>46965988
>implying Orks psychic powers are good
Nice b8 m8.
>>
>>46965975
At least Orks vs CSM, I've yet to lose to Orks with my CSM and I'm not even spamming turkeys or Vindicators for templates.
>>
>>46965988
Oh no! There's one bad power on a table you don't have to roll on!

That completely invalidates the fact that you get access to Divination, Telepathy, and Biomancy while Orks are stuck with a single faction-specific table
>>
File: Sweet_Revenge.jpg (37 KB, 478x350) Image search: [Google]
Sweet_Revenge.jpg
37 KB, 478x350
To the Anon that was gonna start a pirate ork army.

Get a model ship roughly the size of a battle wagon, cut out the bottom and add a base that makes it look like it's just plowing through the ground when it "sails".
>>
>>46965877
Tau. Other than riptides they have no good units.
>>
>>46965997
If it's against anything but Eldar, Tau, other SM or AdMech, it doesn't need balancing.
>>
File: chaos boat.jpg (529 KB, 2304x1296) Image search: [Google]
chaos boat.jpg
529 KB, 2304x1296
>>46966021
Yep, that's a flimsy enough excuse to post the chaos boat again.
>>
>>46966014
How the fuck does CSM get access to Divination?

Balestar doesn't count anymore because they raped the supplement.
>>
>>46965997
sure? The Pile of Marines is a time honored and deadly tactic drawn straight from the Codex Astartes.

As with anything, army comp and mission type is going to have a larger impact than the deployment style will.
>>
File: 1460662817819.png (22 KB, 360x461) Image search: [Google]
1460662817819.png
22 KB, 360x461
>>46966010
>Blasts for the bs2 army are bad
>>
My Necron friend turned to me today and said "your Imperial Guard need a price hike" and went on to explain how veteran squads, lemans and sentinels all need a price hike.

Am I dreaming? Is this the land of the make believe?
>>
>>46966048
>Balestar doesn't count because I don't want to take it

Really? You're unwilling to take an allied detatchmwnt for a sorcerer and 50 cultists?

Yeah, some lists got fucked over by the changes, but its still better off than most vanilla marine lists.

>But I can't take a Daemon prince

Ally one in. You've only gotta bring 10 cultists to do it.

You don't get to say that you don't get something because you personally don't want to go out of your way for it.
>>
>>46966076
Your friend sounds like a real piece of shit.
>>
>>46965975
-Transports for assault (LR is way too expensive)
-cheap is a big factor because much of the CSM suffers from being too expensive
-vastly better anti-air stuff
-multi wound models
-long range anti infantry guns as CSM only really have them in Heavy
-better mobs

-

>Better melee weapon options
no. The power fist is the same as a klaw, the chainfist as a killasaw, powerweapons are overpriced, leaving CSM with a few artifact weapons. Also they do not have a melee squad with meltaboms
>Better guns
argueable, CSM guns are generally overpriced and for long range your are stuck with heavy support.
>>
I'm looking to start playing 40k, and the AdMech interest me greatly, wondering if their start collecting box is good on the tabletop and price wise?
>>
>>46966076
Your friend sounds like the kinda guy to spam doom scythes on the field in a friendly pick up game and call it fair
>>
>>46966138
>>46966138
CSM doesn't need a melee squad with meltabombs, because they can just take normal fucking meltaguns

Just having the option for melee weapons that actually have AP and aren't unwieldy is nice
>>
>>46966160
Price wize, all of the start collecting boxes are a deal to some degree.
>>
>>46966014
don't have to is not exactly right. One o the problems of thousand sons squads is that their aspiring sorceror does have to roll on that table.
(So do demon princes and sorcerors with Mark of tzeentch) and its not like the rest is good either.
>>
>>46966160
it's good. And you need to to buy 2 (3 if you want Knights) codices so you need to save what money you can starting out.
>>
>>46966045
7/10
2guns and I would accept is as a forgefiend, otherwise as bastion with quadgun
>>
>>46966062
No, that's decent.

But we aren't talking about how good the powers are on their own. We are talking about how they are COMPARED to what Chaos has.

And Chaos sure as fuck has better psychic powers available than Orks. Arguing otherwise is completely retarded.
>>
>>46965988
boon is better then you think. a s4 ap- means it's not doing much
>>
>>46966178
Doombolt is alright.
>>
>>46966165
he plays deathstar crons with an emphasis on getting his RP+. It's hard explaining to him how guard are underpowered when I'm doing a good job anyway. He just won't listen.
>>
>>46966076
I don't know what to say.
Just to suggest you inflict pain on him in some edgy way. But you can't say that without sounding edgy.
>>
>>46966048
Huron's familiar and even then it's not guaranteed to get divination
>>
>>46966206
>pay 15 points for mark of tzeentch and waste warp charges for a chance to hurt yourself and roll on a bad table that will 90% of the time do nothing for you (oh boy, admantium will vs. tau or +1 BS on my bolt pistol sergeant)
>>
>>46966178
But you don't have to take thousand sons either. You don't have to take MoT on any psyker.

Having bad psychic powers doesn't invalidate your good ones, while Orks don't even get an option.
>>
>>46966216
guard arty just counter his shit well. maybe he should change tactics.
>>
>>46966206
Thanks, but I'd rather not risk killing my already expensive champion for the chance to roll on a random table that MIGHT be useful depending on what the squad is meant to do.
>>
>>46966236
>>46966249

when the dark gods give you lemons just be thankful it's just orange flavor. but you both have a point, no one but chaos and orks have powers that will hurt them.
>>
>>46966206
Meanwhile, Orks are taking several of those whenever they fail leadership tests, and don't even have good armor to deal with it.
>>
>>46966240
got a pask-centric list that does really well actually, combined with arty it's not a shabby affair.

I'm just trying to let him know that if I want to play his fluffy lists full of character and special jazz I need to play a highly competitive lists to keep up.

If he was to play more competitively I'd be fucked.
>>
File: 1460238987055.jpg (119 KB, 570x748) Image search: [Google]
1460238987055.jpg
119 KB, 570x748
>the FAQS fuck your army hard
>>
>>46966316
>sobHATE.jpg
>>
>>46966316
Fingers still crossed for Friday.
>>
>>46966238
the truth is, both codizes need a lot of tuning. You can say you don't need to take X but then we could run through most of the codex, as it is only barely held together by a few nice units.
The real comparison
walkers: Yours don't have good shooting and never reach melee, so do ours
troops, other than cheap objective holders, you have overpriced cannonfodder, so do we
you have units that could smash alot in melee, where they will never be, so do we
your shooting is rather embarrassing compared to the real shooting of the enemy, so is ours
>>
>>46966076
>IG can bring a BS4 plasma gun for 21 points
>Marines does the same for 29 points

Just playing devils advocate, but I can understand why a lot of people think this way. Most of the stats mean dick when you are shooting, so WS, S, and I, and even Ld, means fuck all, so the 8 point difference is simply +1T and 3+ armour instead of 5+ armour, and in a fight between these two models, they both hit on 3s and wounds on 2s without armour.

It is a mathhammer issue, where people look at shit in a vacuum, when that is not how balance works. It's just a lack of perspective that makes people say stupid shit like this.

It is, however, also fairly stupid to not see WHY people think this way. It should be fairly obvious, considering how much people here complain about the 3+ armour save never mattering.
>>
>>46966311
Remember, you have the benefit of allies in all shapes and forms. If you have the spare cash burning a hole in your wallet consider getting some grav-cents or maybe a knight and introduce him to the D. I'm sure he'll love removing models without getting any save of any kind when that monster hits him.
>>
File: 01-01.jpg (260 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
01-01.jpg
260 KB, 800x800
>>46965826
>>46965799
I did not realize it was actually that big, thanks for the advice boyz
>>
>>46966368
gonna be a proper prick, get the skyhammer formation: 8 grav and 2 combi gravs combined with some assault troops too.

Nerf that ya cunt.
>>
>>46965755
You should stop using that Mega link, it is a bit outdated unorganized and it smeels.
>>
>>46966350
>so the 8 point difference is simply +1T and 3+ armour instead of 5+ armour

Plus ATSKNF, which is pretty huge. Arguably it covers the bonuses from Chapter Tactics as well - IG have Orders, but those are reliant upon another unit activating them, whereas CT's are always in play.
>>
>>46966384

goddamn I want one bad.
>>
>>46966021
Pirate ork anon here.
Any model you recommend for the conversion?
>>
>>46966348
>walkers

People regularly use double maulerfiends to decent effect. 12" move and 5+ invuln helps a lot, and they eat tanks.

>troops

We can get Plague marine and noise marines in addition to cultists. We have a lot of troop options and some of them are better than just cheap objective holders

>shooting

BS 4 vs BS 2, or 3 if you're lucky. CSM has ignore cover guns, melta, high AP shooting that doesn't require rolling a dice. CSM, for all their randomness, have average shooting. Which is much better than Orks garbage shooting.
>>
>>
>>46966438
Bulldog dragon is pretty cute.
>>
>>46966407
Provide a better one.
>>
>>46966316
Pretty unlikely.
I play SW, so the options that may be negative for me are only three:
>No new stats for Claws, Scouts and Dreads. That would suck, but I would be in the same situation of before, so no real change
>TWC with fist/hammer are S9. Like that really makes any difference. I wouldn't ID SM bikes or Warbosses, but my meta is casual enough to not make that really count also it's really unlikely that they would change that way, since the FAQ for the 5th edition codex said that it was S10
>Some more general change that would fuck many other armies other then mine, so a trouble shared is a trouble halved

However at the same time I can't really think of ways they could buff my army, except by doing what the first point suggest or making Wolf Guard more similar to Veterans and Assault Termies in point cost
Only recently I have found out that the Vanguard Veterans spend only 5 points for a power weapon and that they're double claws termies are 13 points cheaper then my termies. What the hell
>>
>>46966451
>day 80, the papercut outs have accepted me as one of their own
>>
I'm pretty sure this has been done plenty of times in the past, but vote please

http://www.strawpoll.me/10058025/r

I would like to get at least 100 votes
>>
>>46966423
>CT's are always in play.
Depends on the chapter tactic - not all of them affect shooting.

And as I said, it's a dumb argument. Of course a veteran guardsman looks undercosted from a purely shooting perspective with certain loadouts. Because you are ignoring a fuckton of shit that the Marines have, and NEEDS to pay for. But you also have to recognize WHY people think they look undercosted, because as the plasma gun example shows, in certain cases, there really are no difference between a veterans guardsman and a space marine, despite a pretty significant difference in cost.

And it is pretty important to know this shit, because it makes it a lot easier to bitchslap the whiners with the fist of truth.
>>
What's the next codex that's coming out? Or has GW put the brakes on 40k so they can unfuck themselves?
>>
File: P6220590sdfd_zpse74abcfc.jpg (78 KB, 525x650) Image search: [Google]
P6220590sdfd_zpse74abcfc.jpg
78 KB, 525x650
Played a casual game with my Ultramarines pitted against a friends Elysians.
Terminator Librarian w/ SS + Stave
Tactical Squad w/ Plasma Gun Plasma Cannon Razorback
Tactical Squad w/ Power Fist, Combi-melta, Meltagun, Lascannon, Infernum Razorback
Terminator Squad w/ Assault Cannon 2 Chainfists
Lascannon Predator

vs

Company Command w/ Vox caster, Regimental standard, Plasma gun, Carapace armour
Valk w/ Heavy Bolters

Platoon Command w/ Vox caster, Meltagun

Infantry Squad
Accatarn w/ Aux GL for Sergeant, Vox caster, Grenade Launcher

Infantry Squad
Accatarn w/ Aux GL for Sergeant, Vox caster, Grenade Launcher

Special Weapons Squad w/ Meltaguns

Veteran Team
Accatarn w/ Aux GL for Sergeant, Vox caster, Grenade launcher, Plasma gun, Grenadiers
Valk w/ Heavy Bolters

Veteran Team w/ Shotguns, Vox caster, Flamer, Meltagun, Forward Observers

Tauros Venator w/ Lascannons HK Missiles

Tarantula Sentry Gun

56 Guardsmen against 26 marines. We were trying a variation of the tallarn special rule where his units of BS3 rerolled 1s to hit for lasguns. It seemed to help them a bit, especially considering how marines get a far superior reroll perk for no cost at all.
The secret tactical objectives mission was pretty fun, I won at turn 5 6-4 but we decided to ignore that the roll didn't allow to continue due to things heating up in the centre of the table with the Terminators facing down most of the guard. About 16 guardsmen and 1 valk lived to turn 7 with the marines having only a single terminator, 5 tactical marines and the predator left. He won the game at the bottom of turn 7 7-8. Good times. Anyone had a good game recently?
>>
>>46966451
Do you turn the ghostkeels side on when your opponent is judging TLOS to them?
>>
>>46966451
One of things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong here.
>>
>>46966535

We don't know, but we think it's going to be the combined admech book
>>
>>46966574
And yet they all belong in the trash.
>>
>>46966574
I would say, only one of the things does belong there
>>
>>46966484
>Day 80. A brief existential crisis has led me to develop an extra dimension from the paper thin cardboard cutouts around me."
>>
>>46966076
13 point warriors can blow up a landraider

Guard are undercosted.

ok bud
>>
File: 8fK6hst.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
8fK6hst.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>46965825

based sicarius
>>
>>46966690
With, what, 54 shots? So either they fired 60 warriors at it (i.e. 780 pts) or they fired 30 warriors at 12 inches. 780 pts of shooting should kill just about anything, and if they killed it 12 inches away it did its job already.
>>
>>46966730
Somehow all of this artist's work ends up looking the same.
>>
>>46966465
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
>>
>>46965825
all of the guns in that image look really fucked, like the marine directly to the right of the sergent is that a bolter? a plasma gun? one of those volkite rifles? and what the hell is going on with that plasma pistol
>>
>>46966752

I'm not even sure who it is, but I'm looking for a decent company to make a poster out of this >>46965825 image for me to go with my other 40k posters in my hobby room.
>>
>>46966749
You can get 60 shots out of two warrior squads in arks in rapid fire range, thats 470 points.

Still, it better kill something that costs 230 or so points.
>>
>>46966792
yeah, he's not the best but at least gw is done with him. he did maybe 5/8 works
>>
>>46966752
At least it does not look like that sterile nu-gw cheapo copypasta stuff we are seeing more and more of
>>
>>46966792
I'm more worried about the dreadnought on the right.
>>
>>46966851
>a cup of piss is better than a pile of shit!
>>
>>46966451
>Ghostkeel wall of mirrors.jpg
>>
>>46966887
Well, the cup is easier to dispose of than a pile.
>>
What would it take to make vehicles a competitive choice versus MCs?

maybe an armor save? Start it at nil for AV 10 and improve it by 1 for each extra point so 11=6+ , 12=5+, 13=4+, 14=3+.

Improve the save by one for having the Tank rule, or the extra armor rule. Worsen it by one for open topoed.

You could even have it interact with the chart results, like say -1 to the scary if you pinned it with a weapon that doesn't ignore it's armor. Or maybe weapons that don't ignore the armor can't strip hull points and only inflict the chart result. The shot didn't have the oomph to hurt the vehicles frame but could still jostle something delicate.
>>
File: general.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
general.png
1 MB, 1024x768
>>46965755
>>46965817
>>46965844
He's back and he brought a friend
>>
>>46966930
too complicated
also armor saves are rarely effective against AT weapons anyway
>>
>>46966915
I hate people like you. If someone torched your car, you would immediately go
>glad the house didn't burn down!
Fuck off
>>
File: general.jpg (489 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
general.jpg
489 KB, 1024x768
>>46966974
>>
>>46966974
Why are there 2 renegades? Doesnt make sense. Remove the other one.
>>
File: 1461084759733.gif (337 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1461084759733.gif
337 KB, 500x281
Who are the Benefactors behind the Ethereals?
>>
>>46966930
Ditch hull points entirely.

Bang, fixed. Vehicles are now durable, but still destroyable.

>but unkillable transports
People dealt with them fine before, they'll be perfectly capable of it now.
>>
>>46966975

Yeah, streamlining is needed, but I'm just brainstorming here.
>>
>>46966998
best one, ultimate one.
>>
>>46967012
>People dealt with them fine before, they'll be perfectly capable of it now.
And 5th edition was shit because of that
>>
>>46966998
Genestealer cultist when
>>
>>46966999
That's the Genestealer cultist, I suppose. Maybe he needs more tongue or claw?
>>
>>46966865
there is another dread in the back with the same problem, standing right next to one with proper arm placement
>>
>>46967027
It is there, looks like a guardsman but it is there....
just don't tell the inquisition....
>>
>>46967009
eldar

but I'd not consider them benefactors
>>
>>46966930
If you go with armor saves, give AV 10/11 a 4+, 12+ a 3+

If an Eldar dreadnought gets 3+ armor, it's fair other dreadnoughts would.
>>
I posted a genestealer guard a couple threads ago, it just needs some coloring.
>>
>>46967012

are hull points really the problem? most complaints I see are about vehicles getting insta-gibbed.

>>46966975
Yeah, I knew it was pushing it complexity wise there. This is more public brainstorming than "hey, here's a cool idea!"

how about each remaining hull point is a -1 on the chart? You'd have to knock a vehicle two or three times to blow it up then.
>>
What's an anti-air option for guard/space marines? I don't want anything that can only fire with skyfire so it's completely useless if they have have fliers.
I was thinking about getting a flier as they can choose to have skyfire or not but there is some new supplement that could invalid my choice. I could get missile devastators but their skyfire missles are S7 ap4 and I need to shoot down lots of flying hive tyrants and 12/12/10 vendettas so I don't think they're really up to task.

Maybe I should use cast prescience on some lascannon devs and pray for 6s?
>>
>>46967009

The Cabal.
>>
>>46967012
No, I dont want to go back to that. A good compromise would be

>If a vehicle is glanced on a 5+ the vehicle's crew is shaken, add +1 for every glance after the first from this phase
>If a vehicle is penetrated it loses a hull point and rolls on the vehicle damage chart

Done, vehicles arent unkillable or made of paper.
>>
>>46967023
needs the tau head.
>>
>>46967113
>Remaining hull points is a penalty on the chart.

I actually like that a lot. It makes blowing up large vehicles impossible in one shot, and even mid-sized ones will probably need some softening up to explode. It also makes it so that you can get a pen that doesn't even shake/stun
>>
>>46967114
prescience on a group of 6 Heavy Weapon Squads armed with autocannons. Stick tank hunter on them with orders.
>>
>>46967114
Mortis Dreadnaught with dual Lascannons ("Hi you might wanna jink" the dreadnaught), Deredeo Dreanaught (Jink or die) or Sicaran ("No use jinking, if I'll hit I'll probably fuck you up")
>>
>>46967012
What if we do it the other way around, ditch the vehicle damage table and just have hullpoints?
>>
>>46967083
That would work okay. Autocannons are meant to take out light vehicles after all. Would also mean there's a point to AP3 krak-equivalent weaponry in the anti-tank role.

Does slightly fuck over haywire, but that's not so common that adjusting it on a case-by-case basis would be impossible.

>>46967114
How do you/your club feel about forgeworld? A deredeo dred is pretty good for anti-air, but isn't limited to skyfiring.

But, really, I'd just wait until we know what the new flier rules are about. They may leak as early as Mon/Tue, so it's not that long.
>>
>>46967151
You can only have 3 in a squad.
>>
>>46967095
I used it. >>46966974 Lower right.
>>
>>46967146

super simple to impliment too. Think I'll try and convince some people to try a game or two like it this weekend.
>>
>>46967161
>Does slightly fuck over haywire
good. Haywire is generally too strong atm
>>
>>46967023
Missing Genestealer cult head
>>
>>46967171

you can get 5 in a squad if you combine 5 infantry squads and give all of them a HWT.
>>
>>46967161
Yeah. It makes Autocannons good for anti-transport, but makes glancing AV 12 from across the board a tall order. It makes Krak missiles more appealing for that purpose.

I will say that Flyers might warrant a -1 to these saves, so an AV 12 flyer only has a 4+, and anything lower just gets a 5. Flyers don't really have the same problems

Haywire could simply be altered to ignore vehicle armor or otherwise use the AP if its a gun. They tend to be useful regardless.
>>
>>46967205
Genestealer mindex with Chimeras and Russes when?
>>
>>46967223
That would be nice... if I had 40 guardsmen models to with them.
>>
>>46967171
you can group them together.
>>
>>46967155
I would honestly prefer that. Considering a MC needs to lose all wounds before being useless, a tank can lose effectiveness from a single pen result.
>>
>>46966976
People who see the cup of piss half empty rather than half full?

I mean, sure, it's not great that there's a cup of piss, but if given the choice, I'd rather take the cup of piss and throw it away than start moving a pile of shit without a convenient container.

>glad the house didn't burn down!

Would you rather have the house burn down?
>>
>>46967240

not the heavy weapon squads. only infantry get the combined squad rules.
>>
>>46967171
He said 6 squads, which means 18 teams.
I don't know how he's getting prescience on them or successfully making that many orders.
>>
>>46967240
nope, the rule you're thinking of is for infantry squads only.
>>
>>46967229
I'm hoping for some sort of limo/ Trukk-esque transport.

I mean, just load the cultists into whatever civilian vehicles you can get you hands on and throw them at the enemy Mad Max style.

>note to self Start thinking about Patriarch to Immorten Joe conversions
>>
>>46966998
What's going to happen when there is no more space in the image? Or are we just not supposed to ask..?
>>
>>46967146
That is possibly the best solution I've heard so far.
I'm going to try it out at some point with my friends.
>>
>>46967384
The real question is "Why there is a Grey Knight but no Blood Angel, Dark Angel or Space Wolf?"
>>
>>46967384
make it bigger
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-06-09-44-16.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-06-09-44-16.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>46965884
Its a retarded genestealer that was so convincing it became an inquisitor. He rose to power very quickly as he uncovered many lies hidden by so called "loyalists" when no proof of their devotion to the emperor could be shown
>>
>>46967289
2 formations of Wyrdvane psykers. One formation gets min 7 dice and 4 units of them can cast Presience, three of them manifesting on 2+ instead of 4+.
>>
>>46967331
What would be nice if they were like Tyrannocyte's where you could either transport 20 models or a MC to have Carnifex in a trukk
>>
>>46967400
Be sure to post back with results. I'm interested to see how it works out.
>>
>>46967409
because grey knight actually deserived there own codex, while the others should have been suplements or minidexs
>>
>>46967409
because fuck those guys, more so the grey knights
>>
>>46965975
Ork players aren't closet waac cunts crying that they can't abuse the 3.5 wargear chart whilst whining about lesser amounts of list abuse from modern codexes whilst cutting themselves whilst listening to linken park
>>
>>46967467
>Wanting a better codex means you're WAAC
Today I learned Ork, Tyranid and CSM players are infinitely more WAAC than eldar and tau players.
>>
>>46967467
Hey, whatever justifies your Wraithknight Grav or Riptide spam.
>>
File: shia-small.png (50 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
shia-small.png
50 KB, 200x200
POST STORIES OF COOL SHIT YOUR MINIDUDES DID AND WHAT TROPHIES/NAMES DID YOU GIVE THEM!!

JUST
DO
IT
>>
>>46966095
>ts still better off than most vanilla marine lists.
What is it about CSM that makes people so stupid?
>>
>>46967597
i give my vendetta a mark for every flyer it shoots down
>>
>>46967597
not much to say, but i notice that my miniatures do better painted
>>
>>46967597
I had a Chaos Cultist with a Heavy Stubbed now down a squad of Tomb-blades. He's got a spike with a necron skull on of now.
>>
>>46967027
When you get a real codex

>>46967384
We would have to permanently remove the chicken, there's room for around 2 more factions near his spot
>>
>>46967610
By vanilla, I meant vanilla CSM, as in not the supplement.

Sorry if that was unclear
>>
>>46967597
My chapter master punched out an imperial knight. 1v1, both at full health. Died in the blast though.

My brothers single gretchin on shotted one of my terminators right before he could heavy flamer a tightly packed group of boys. We are going to put a termie helmet on his base.
>gretchin are way too overpowered for their costs.
>>
File: Banshee_Mask_side_view.png (341 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
Banshee_Mask_side_view.png
341 KB, 500x667
Is it only female autarchs that use banshee masks, or do male autarchs get permission to train at the howling banshee shrines?
>>
why is the basilisk model mail only and why don't they make boxes for them anymore ? i love the things
>>
>>46966316
Are there new FAQs coming out tomorrow?
>>
>>46967597
It wasn't my minidudes but it was my Stompa. The mechanical beast is stomping down the right side of the table causing all kinds of mayhem. Turn 2 my friends 3 Vendettas with Heavy Weapon teams armed with 3 Meltas each come screaming onto the field. The men jump out of the Vendettas and trust in the Emperor. One squad loses a few as the scatter slightly. However all three squads are still in range of the monstrosity.

Then the Shooting Phase begins. The 3 Vendettas and 9 Meltas manage to just barely destroy the stompa, triggering and apocalyptic explosion. The men on the ground look at the fireball about to engulf them and smile. They know they are about to see their Emperors face. However 1 Guardsman survives, hours later he pulls himself to his feet, as far as he can see are the remnants of a battle won. He looks down on the ground, and their lays one of his squadmates Meltas, destroyed beyond repair. He is the only one left, covered in the ashes of his friends. He props up a lasgun in the ground and places is helm on the butt of the now vertical weapon. Saying a quick prayer he starts off towards the sound of distant music, the familiar tune of his company, he hums as he walks.

>not painted plebs
>trigger warning
>>
>>46966824
>>46966749
>my basic infantry should be able to kill anything in the game by just shooting at it
No, it shouldn't, and you're stupid for thinking so.
>>
>>46967667
Motherfucker should be WEARING the termie helmet!!

>>46967637
How the flying fuck did he manage that!? Give him a wrecked Tomb Blade/Biker conversion.
>>
>>46966110
Seconded.
>>
>>46967611
Do you reset the count each time IT gets shot down?

If not, you're cheating.
>>
>>46967708
Males can be howling banshees too. They get the boob plate as well.
>>
of course since I already have 4 projects I am thinking about adding a new one...

so, I saw an anon posting his beautifully painted savage orks and it realy got me, so I'd like to start converting some of them (and eventually play them too I hope)

how would you make trukks/ battlewagons for a snakebite/savage ork army?
>>
>>46967597
I once had a group of 20 Devilgaunts dropped in by a Tyrannocyte wipe out a decked out Chapter Master and Terminator retinue in one shooting phase
>>
>>46967580
Whe the renegade knight came out chaosfags were filling up threads about how to cheese it up
>>
>>46967597
When my command squad was charged by a Bloodthirster of Khnore and they managed to do 3w in Overwatch so when my Int Chappy got challenged out he took it like a man, saved all the D with his Rozarius and proceeded to kill him.

Obviously my Chaplin gave all the credit to his command squad for their ace shooting and quick reactions but alas when they returned to the battle-barge the whole chapter was told of the fearsome duel.

tfw I can't strap that gigantic axe to his bike as a trophy
>>
>>46967653
The fact that they needed Crimson Slaughter at all is fucking disgusting, and a pretty damning indicator that shit won't be getting better for the foreseeable future.
>>
File: DinoRiderTriceratopsARMORED.jpg (35 KB, 372x291) Image search: [Google]
DinoRiderTriceratopsARMORED.jpg
35 KB, 372x291
>>46967820

get a bunch of the old dino rider toys and replace the dudes with orks.
>>
>>46967440
That would be cool, but is sounds unlikely.
>>
>>46967884
....a stegadon then?
>>
>>46967597

Only good story I have from 3+ years of playing.
>Last game with the 5e Grey Knight codex, busted out Anvil Thawn.
Swarmlord and two Tyrant Guard charged and wiped out his unit.
My turn. Thawn stood up. Periled while casting Force.
Rolled up Warp Surge. Ld test. -3 because synapse. Made it.
>The Emperor protects
Charge the Swarmlord. Old Psyk-out grenades drop Psykers to I1.
Challenge out the Swarmlord.
Three hits.
Three kills.

And that's the story of how Justicar Anvil Thawn, with the blessing of the Emperor, killed the Swarmlord.
>>
>>46967850
>the second worst codex in the game
>gets something decent
>try to optimize it against stronger armies

Fucking waacfags am i right?
>>
>>46967892
60 Sr4 ap- is no joke
>>
>>46967850
You're retarded. There's nothing remotely cheesable about the Renegade Knight.

Delicious rerollable 2++ Daemon Knight on the other hand...
>>
>>46967597
Battle Brother Siegfried earned his promotion to Brother Captain of the Assault Company in my most recent game.

>Enemy Carnifex is charging across the board and ripping apart the Devastator squad Siegfried's squad had been tasked with protecting
>Carnifex rips apart enough of the Devastator squad to cause them to flee
>Doesn't chase them
>My turn comes around
>He and the rest of his squad jump pack right over to the Carnifex and begin to fight it
>The fight ends with the Carnifex dying and Siegfried being the only one of his squad left
>Siegfried looks across the battlefield to see his Battle Brothers clearing up the rest of the Tyranids and heads over to help

Not sure what kind of trophy to give him.
>>
>>46967708
according to an old bit of obscure fluff non even all banshees are female.
When an eldar puts on an aspect warrior mask, they submerge their own identity to that of the aspect. So any eldar can join the howling banshees, but they are female while they are a banshee.
Same with all the male aspects.
>>
>>46967597
across many games my Fire Dragon exarch has been the sole survive of his squad, and blown up large number of things and survived surprising number of shots in that state.

No trophies yet, but I call him Mister Boomstick.
>>
>>46967762
That's not even the best part. He was snap-shotting with the heavy stubber as well.

I was considering modeling him into a full marine, but I do like the idea of basing him on top of a wrecked tomblade
>>
>>46967947
i thought all the aspects where co-ed but only banshees are female. same with the rest of the eldar units 'cause desperate times
>>
How are the dark angels in the current edition? I browsed their previous codex and they weren't anything special, did they get better?
>>
>>46967650
>When you get a real codex
So we should ditch the gene cultists, chaos cultists, and renegade knights, and add a dark angel, a blood angel, and a space wolf?
>>
>>46967708
Why does Howling Banshee mask have "sonic inhibitor"? Shouldn't it have "sonic amplifier" instead?
>>
>>46968004
They gutted out almost all of the named characters and a bunch of wargear, but gave nothing in exchange. 7e Open-topped rules also screwed them over hard.

They're bad, not Ork or CSM bad, but still pretty bad.
>>
>>46967813
>>46967947
Great! I even looked in the codex again and realized it said "a predominately female aspect shrine".

So would it be alright to convert a Banshee mask Autarch without the boobplates?
>>
>>46967994
like I said, old obscure fluff. And while I've seen a few things talking about the banshees being female since then, I haven't seen much talking about it either way. We know the banshee phoenix lord was female, and all the others male, but I don't recall anything saying why banshees and/or any other aspect warrior are coed or single sex outside of that bit of old fluff.

I like that bit of lore, so I stick to it.
>>
>>46968032
Im an idiot, I though he said Dark ELDAR
>>
>>46968032
Alright, I will hold out for a sob release. That's due any month now I bet.
>>
File: IMG_20160426_223419878.jpg (1 MB, 5344x3006) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160426_223419878.jpg
1 MB, 5344x3006
>>46968038
do what you want. I'm not a big fan of the current banshee models, certainly not the price, so they joined my ranks of kitbash aspects.
>>
File: 14343262.jpg (698 KB, 1091x847) Image search: [Google]
14343262.jpg
698 KB, 1091x847
>>46968058
Just in time to stop angry post in defence of Unforgiven
>>
>>46968004
They're okay. Ravenwing is great, Deathwing sucks, Greenwing is knock-off Battle Company.
>>
>>46968004
Deathwing got nerfed
Greenwing lost the banner of Dakkastation.
Ravenwing got super buffed.

Basically Bikes are great. Everything else is on par with their Codex Space Marine counterparts. Deathwing got hurt.
>>
>>46968024
Prolly to make them immune to their own attacks
>>
>>46968081
>>46968085
>deathwing got nerfed

For what purpose
>>
>>46968038
The right question is rather: Why wouldn't you give boob plate to your autarch and call her female?
>>
>>46968024
it's using sonics to inhibit others.
The nouned verb refers to what the sound is being used for, not what is happening to the sound.

Or thats the earpiece and it's protecting the banshees from their own scream.
>>
>>46968105
GW can't into balance.
>>
>>46968105
>For what purpose
So I have something to bring against the lesser codexes besides my pure Ravenwing.
>>
>>46968010
Nope the requirement is just for you
Feel special
>>
File: 1454214838235.gif (598 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1454214838235.gif
598 KB, 320x240
>>46968119
>he believes that GW isn't aware of what they're doing the game balance

i like to believe they do it on purpose with a small influence from sales. some things fall off the rails like these recent supplements being terrible but the dreadknight/tau/eldar was an inside job
>>
>>46965825
>>46966730
Beta Cuck Fagg from forgeworld Alan blight ruined sicarius.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kub5vOaT0V8
MUH
FUCKING
DICK
>>
>>46968269
Yes, my dick also shriveled in disgust upon viewing.
>>
>>46968247
>these recent supplements
You fucking what?

These last few supplements have been absolutely broken as fuck. Anyone still trying to argue that Marines are a lower tier than Tau and Necrons have long since been silenced, because Marines now has twice the amount of tools neccessary to deal with them.

So unless you mean "terrible" as in "Eldar kinds of terrible" then you might want to crawl out from under that rock, and familiarize yourself with the new rules
>>
>>46967467
The 3.5 CSM book wouldn't even be as strong as Tau or Eldar under 7th Edition rules.

3.5 wasn't about the broken combos for me. It was about the flavor of what CSM is. And the army has lost a ton of flavor since that book.
>>
>>46968284
literally how
>>
>>46968289
He was most likely talking about the re-release of the Orks and CSM, while the actual NEW supplement have effectively been really strong
>>
>>46968289
slow your roll loyalist friend, i meant crimson slaughter, the black legion and orkcurion being terrible.
>>
File: slaneshfag.jpg (129 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
slaneshfag.jpg
129 KB, 960x1280
R8 my roomate's dunecrawler

also what kind of fancy base would be good for this thing in a desert based army?
>>
what's the best way to run skitarii sub 1500 points?

don't say war convocation since 1500 is the minimum to get it
>>
>>46968353
4/10
a nightmarish base, maybe a crystalized world?
>>
>>46966160
I think it's one of the best ones in terms of free stuff you'll actually use, plus Ad Mech are a really nice army with lots of decent options.
>>
I have a game this weekend against an Ultramarine Battle Company at 2000pts.

Have only played regular space marines once before (same guy) at 1500 and I wasn't using formations since I didn't have all the units.

Now I have everything I need for a decent Reclamation Legion but I hear there is a bit of a stigma against it.

From what I understand though a Battle Company can be pretty strong and since I don't bring the cheesy formations ( I don't own Wraiths and I only have three Destroyers) I was wondering if just the Reclamation Legion and a Royal Court would be fair.

Is the RL only really overpowered when you include the good formations?

1996/2000

Reclamation Legion

Overlord - 145
>Solar Staff, Tachyon arrow, Resurrection Orb
10 Immortals - 300
>Night Scythe
8 Lychguard - 370
>Night Scythe, Hyperphase Sword and Dispersion Shield
2x10 Warriors - 235
>Ghost Ark
20 Warriors - 260
>Walk with the RL's OL
3 Tomb Blades - 66
>Nebuloscope, Shield Vanes, TL Gauss Blaster

Royal Court

Orikan the Diviner - 120
Vargard Obyron - 120
Overlord - 145
>Veil of Darkness, Gauntlet of Fire, Warscythe, Mindshackle Scarab

All I can do for 2500 is add the Annihilation Nexus (Doomsday Ark and 2 Annihilation Barges) which will only bring me to 2406 so I need like 5 more Tombblades unfortunately. I know he has the Armored Task Force as well he could bring for 2500.
>>
>>46968361

I've had a lot of success with the Ruststalker formation, plus two troops and Dunecrawlers.
>>
File: IMG_9243.jpg (3 MB, 3648x2432) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9243.jpg
3 MB, 3648x2432
>>46967597

Whenever I play my Imperials against my buddy's Iron Warriors we arrange for the two Knights to fight each other. In our most recent bout, he cast Invisibility on his and then charged, but whiffed all of his To Hits. I roll my attacks and boom, triple 6s, do 7 HP, he goes down like a bitch. Knight goes on to kill a squad of Terminators with the Sorceror warlord attached, a Chaos Contemptor (Stomped for standing 10" away from a combat; because Stomp is fair and balanced) and a pair of Chaos Vindicators, and then also survived the whole game. I rewarded him with some paint.
>>
>>46968353
Looks like its from a cartoon hellworld
>>
File: (you).jpg (5 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
5 KB, 275x183
>>46968284
>>
>>46968353
this isn't /WIP/ but that looks pretty trashy if he was trying to look good. That purple is dumb. and what is with the lilac splatter on the side of the cannon. I can't even tell if the gunner is painted besides his shoulders and silly blue hood.

But they are his minis and he can paint them how he likes without anyones approval. I would gladly face someone with a sub par army to a field of grey any day.

>no base
>>
>>46968312
Believe me, I wish it looked good.
>>
>>46968110
Would you really trust a woman to properly run an army?

Also I'm playing a fluffy Saim-Hann clan run by two brothers, a farseer and the Autarch (who is the chieftain ). I just wanna update the chieftain with the new jetbike.
>>
File: (Yu).jpg (18 KB, 297x300) Image search: [Google]
(Yu).jpg
18 KB, 297x300
>>46967023
>>
File: Kryten1.jpg (71 KB, 703x520) Image search: [Google]
Kryten1.jpg
71 KB, 703x520
>>46968269
>Linking to IGN.

Yeah fuck off.

>>46968284
This. 90% of Warhammer PC games are shit. So just like all the board games GW releases really.

In recent history only Mordhiem: Shadows of the damned has been good and anyone foolish enough to buy into total shit is just asking for buyers remorse a month down the line
>>
>>46968472
Explain how it doesn't because I think it looks alright.

>>46968510
>Mattering where the fucking video comes from
Kill yourself.
>>
>>46968269
looks like it might be worth it if it isn't full price
a bit worried that "easter eggs around every corner" is something worth mentioning to them
>that assault cannon sound
>>
>>46968510
How many yous you want?
>>
>>46968510
but 90% of everything is shit. So this should be a surprise.

But yeah, Mordheim is fun. That said I love turn based tactical rpgs, so I'm a little bit biased.
>>
>>46965755
Any other youtube channels like Bruva Alfabusa?
Also did the eldars really ruin everything?
>>
>>46968353
>metal needs more wash
>purple hull needs more layering
>blue rust on metal is too dramatic, dry brush on more bronze

other then that it's okay
>>
>>46968510
(You)
>>
How rough is eternal crusade in its current state?

How often do they update it?
>>
>>46968523
Said the IGNorant faggot. You first.
>Implying it doesn't mater.
>>
File: why the pois tho.jpg (163 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
why the pois tho.jpg
163 KB, 1280x960
>>46968471
he is a slaneshfag, so everything is his army is purple, which it looks nice on the shelf next to my allgreen cadians and dark angels.
>>
If on a weapon optiob for a SM HQ is written "power weapon", doez it mean i can fit him with ANY power weapon for that price? Like power swords or power axes?

I'm considering to give my lord on bike and his retinue a set of power lances
>>
>>46968583
>Resorting to namecalling because you have no legitimate reason to discredit a video besides being from a source you dislike

So, you from /pol/ or /v/?
>>
>>46965884
We make Proof Chicken an Inquisition special character. Give him a rule involving morale tests. Something to do with needing proof that the enemy is fearsome or dangerous.
>>
>>46968569
>>46968542
>>46968523
The Creative Assembly defense force mobilizes for war!
All aboard the pleb train
>>
>>46968446
Very crisp. Nice edge highlighting bro
>>
>>46968361
With flesh tearer drop pod assistance
>>
>>46968523
>Explain how it doesn't because I think it looks alright.

Yeah, exactly. It's alright. That's why I wish it looked good. Space Marines/Terminators don't make my dick hard by virtue of existing. Nids and cultists do a little more for me, but that's not saying much. Therefore this game needs to sell me on more than just the name of the brand.

It hasn't.
>>
>>46967896

That would be cheaper but have a lot less variety and not really look much better in terms of detail post paint and gubbins.

and it would be gw shop legal I guess.
>>
>>46968633
>Muh /pol/ and /v/ boogeyman

How much sleep do you loose regarding these 2 boards per night?
>>
>>46968615
Yes, that's what it means.
>>
>>46968615

Yep, ANY.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.