[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/qst/ - Quests Feedback & Suggestions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 171
File: Bruce Pennington.jpg (535 KB, 1193x884) Image search: [Google]
Bruce Pennington.jpg
535 KB, 1193x884
It's been a long time coming but we're finally creating a quest board. We're going to give it some unique features to help quest authors and before we open the board to posting we want to give anons an opportunity to give some feedback on what we've come up with. We also have a basic set of rules that we'd like the people who are going to be using the board to critique.

/qst/ - Quests
  • Safe for work
  • Bump limit 1000
  • User IDs
  • Only OP can post images
  • OP can use basic text formatting (bold, italics, a handful of text colors)
  • Everyone gets dice

The point of limiting images to the OP is to make sure that people don't get distracted by reaction images, and to allow the OP more control over the setting and tone in the thread. The OP is the quest author, and if only they can post images then they have a greater ability to create a mood, an atmosphere for the story they are trying to tell. It also limits the potential for spamming and intentional derails by trolls. Same goes for limiting text formatting to quest authors. The point of italics, bold, and colored text is to give the quest author more options in how they present their story. Maybe they want to use italics for character dialog, maybe they want to use bold for labeling important items, or maybe they want to use colors to highlight key words. These features are being added for the benefit of the quest author, and not for funposting.
>>
Here are the basic rules we've come up with:
  1. This board is for author-driven collaborative storytelling (i.e. "quests"). All threads posted here should be part of a new or ongoing quest.
  2. The author controls the story of the quest. They can take suggestions from other posters, or not, at their sole discretion. If things don't go your way don't complain!
  3. All threads on this board should be created by the associated quest author. Please refrain from making meta-threads.
  4. Erotic roleplay is not permitted. Frequent explicit descriptions of sexual encounters by a quest author may result in mod intervention.

The result of rules 1 & 3 should be that every thread on /qst/ has a quest author as the OP, and therefore the author would have access to images and text formatting options that come with being the thread OP. If you create a thread on /qst/ without intending to run a quest then your thread is going to get deleted. Same goes for if you create a thread begging for a quest author to post more, or if you create a thread to talk about an ongoing quest, etc. All threads must be new or ongoing quests, period. Rule 2 is pretty self-explanatory: the quest author controls the story, period. Don't be an arse and try to flip the table just because the quest author didn't take your suggestion. Rule 4 is probably going to get a lot of criticism, but it's necessary. The main reason we took so long to make this board is that we didn't want to create a haven for erotic roleplay and erotic fan fiction. While we've given quest authors a lot of leeway on this on /tg/, we have had to intervene a few times in the past when quests turned into wank material. We're aiming for adventure, exploration, suspense, mystery, etc, and not erotica. If you want erotica try another venue. That's not to say that everything has to be G-rated; just that if as a quest author you're spending most of your time describing sex in graphic detail, then odds are a mod is going to warn you to "fade to black" instead.

We'd like to know what fa/tg/uys think about all this. We're open to suggestions/feedback/criticism/whatever.
>>
>Erotic roleplay is not permitted
Fuck, but I want smut-fags to leave. too.
>>
Didn't moot suggest a role-playing board years and years and years ago? He said he'd have an idea "by the weekend" or something, it never happened.

What about a general play-by-post role-playing, quest, and forum games board? Quests seem pretty specific and might not be big enough to fill ten pages on their own.
>>
>>46945926
So, what's the reason to make it safe for work?
>>
My IP address pretty regularly resets. It really helps when I samefag on other boards but it seems like it would leave a quest thread headless if I tried to start one.
>>
>>46945926
So no fanarts, drawfags, mixtapes, and users collaborating on plans and stuff for quests ever?

Got it.
>>
>EROTIC ROLEPLAY

we have to keep those degenerates from writing about holding their waifu's hands, also Id's are going to be a pain for questers who want their players to remain anonymous.
>>
>>46945926
>Erotic roleplay is not permitted. Frequent explicit descriptions of sexual encounters by a quest author may result in mod intervention.
CAN YOU SPECIFY THAT /d/ CAN HAVE THESE QUESTS THEN?
>>
>>46946028
I'm assuming /tg/ would be a launchpad? Seems like it would help quests but not really clean up /tg/.
>>
Aww, now you're giving the crybabies what they want. Oh well. This is just going to contribute to a smug sense of acomplishment and entitlement and I hope you stop listening to them in the future.
Well, to be constructive, User IDs should be thread specific, if that's not already your idea. Prolific players might start getting reputations and it will keep drama down if you can't tell who is who (Aside from the trip posting QM) from one thread to the next.
>>
>>46946025
>>46945926
Never mind, saw that you want to make it a kiddy corner where 12 years old can write their first naruto fanfic.
>>
>>46945911
>>46945926
As an anti-quest fag, thank god.

That said, "Only OP can post images" is not good. Questfags sometimes need diagrams to explain complex concepts in certain quests (usually the better ones that aren't shitty "A: Seduce waifu or B: Rape Waifu" choice quests.)

The explanation that you don't want it to be a haven for ERP fails, as textlewd is very possible, additionally they'll just link lewd images from imgur or something.

>While we've given quest authors a lot of leeway on this on /tg/, we have had to intervene a few times in the past when quests turned into wank material
The 500 Waifu quests say otherwise. Keep pictures.
>>
Letting participants post pictures could help - marking locations on a map and such. Other than that, fantastic news.
>>
>>46945911
This is a horrible Idea
>>
>>46945911
Limiting image posting to OP alone feels too restrictive desu. Spamming and funposting is liable to happen regardless whether it is accompanied by images or not when someone takes offence to the quest or its development, resulting in mod/janitor being alerted regardless, and preventing other participants from contributing pictures might only end up being an annoying restrictions on people who may genuinely have something to add to the story by posting a picture OP didn't think of.
>>
>>46945926
How about there being a "quest general" instead of an across the board ban for meta discussion? I think then you could have a place for people to ask for advice, talk about different quest systems, and ask when the next session for a quest will be.
>>
>>46945911
Well, this place isn't anonkun, and users like to draw up maps and other stuff to discuss tactics and strategy to get shit done in quests. Aside from budget and resource management.

How do you suppose we do that? Gonna ban imgur links and PDFs?
>>
>>46945926
>>46945911
Where does all the art by the quest readers go to? Have you actually been to /tg/?
>>
>>46945926
When will we learn what was the first kitties?
>>
>>46945911
>>46945926
I think allowing images is important. Maybe limit them in some other way so people won't spam them, but I think drawfags alone are enough to warrant allowing them.
>>
>>46945911
I think that the rules are way too strict, specially the part of only OP being allowed to post pictures and the erotic part. This is supposed to be a +18 place. Many stories have some part of sexual point, be it rape or just for the sake of plot convenience. This isn't fanfiction.net. Also many quest have maps that many anons collaborate or drawfags that contribute to the thread.
>>
>>46946089
Third-party site.
>>
>>46946027
This shouldn't be an issue so long as you don't also block cookies.
>>
>>46945911
Please atleast read a couple of popular quests to see how they are run before using your God Powers to fuck things up for us plebians at the bottom
>>
>>46946125
Could make it so OP can chose to allow images or not, since they're getting special authority as the author anyway.
>>
>>46945926
>Erotic roleplay is not permitted. Frequent explicit descriptions of sexual encounters by a quest author may result in mod intervention.

Right, so we're staying on /tg/ then?
>>
>>46946079
This sounds good, a rolling sticky for meta maybe.
>>
When would it happen? Would quests that are currently active here, have to transition over?

Also while I understand the point of the OP being only able to post pics, I disagree with it, since contributions from players are often helpful and great highlights of quests. Like if it's a written quest because the OP isn't a great artist, what if a player wants to draw some stuff for it to contribute? Or even simpler, if they want to help out with something like maps, diagrams, or even just post fanart? Also of course, kind of hinders quests that have more than one person running it, or are multiplayer in nature and require multiple players to post pics.

Maybe make it that OP has an option to allow players to also post pics? Like it's an option they can check or uncheck when creating a thread?
>>
>>46945911
>Only OP can post images
wut, that's a terrible idea. Quest players always provide fan art, diagrams, strategies, etc. Discouraging that seems counter intuitive
>>
>>46945926
>Only OP can post images
This is the only part I disagree with.

Mostly because quests tend to get lots of fanart and such and by blocking those out, that means that nobody can post their fanart. Some quest runners like myself don't actually post images at all.
>>
>>46946143
That could be a good call.
>>
File: 1308499781339.jpg (44 KB, 387x375) Image search: [Google]
1308499781339.jpg
44 KB, 387x375
>>46945926
>The main reason we took so long to make this board is that we didn't want to create a haven for erotic roleplay and erotic fan fiction.
Why?
I'd like some reasoning behind this. Plenty of quests have been explicitly lewd in the past and have quite literally been the most popular, if anything, wouldn't quest trends say that this board should be entirely NSFW?

Alternatively, I suppose you could introduce a tagging system such as the one on /f/, which is user-submitted to allow people to shift through the threads.
>>
>>46945911
yeah only op posting pictures will hurt a lot of quests. Where will evo threads go? they won't be able to work on /qst/ and they won't be on topic in /tg/ let alone people complaining that there still there.
>>
>>46945911
Pretty shitty idea. Too strict rules and it takes away something that is part of /tg/ nowadays. If people want their own site for questing they can fuck off to Anonkun
>>
>>46946136
>questfags
>plebians at the bottom
You're over half the board on average and you keep finding new ways to get your garbage past the filter. Cry more.
>>
So this kind of ruins archiving quests for new readers if we can't archive on suptg anymore.

Also quests don't take up enough board traffic to justify this, and they've been on /tg/ for almost a decade.

This is unnecessary in the extreme.
>>
>>46945911
>Safe for work
Why not NSFW?
>Bump limit 1000
Great, thank you
>User IDs
>Only OP can post images
No, it's bad. Anons often post images for multiple reasons, like fanart (which QMs love).
>OP can use basic text formatting (bold, italics, a handful of text colors)
Excellent. Spoilers too, right?
>Everyone gets dice
No change, but a variety of new dice and modifiers to rolls would be welcome

>>46945926
>This board is for author-driven collaborative storytelling (i.e. "quests"). All threads posted here should be part of a new or ongoing quest.
>The author controls the story of the quest. They can take suggestions from other posters, or not, at their sole discretion. If things don't go your way don't complain!
Sure
>All threads on this board should be created by the associated quest author. Please refrain from making meta-threads.
Can't we have one meta-thread? As much shit as the general can be, it does have its good sides and helpful discussions. Sometimes.
Why?
>>
File: worry.gif (72 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
worry.gif
72 KB, 450x600
>>46945911
>Bump limit 1000
awesome
>Only OP can post images
But this will backfire spectacularly. Plenty of quest OC comes from players / followers. Character visualization, background, stuff like that. Also some player suggestions need to be drawn rather than written. 4chan is, in its core still an imageboard, taking the images away will make things worse.
Sure, there's still workarounds to that - post images on /tg/ or /trash/ and link them back to the thread but that is inconvenient.

Oh and for love of moot, spoilers, please give the board spoilers.

>Erotic roleplay is not permitted.
Figures, blue board and all. But where does that go? /soc/ ? Once we heed the voice of our overlord, might as well clarify that.
>>
>>46946187
>it takes away something that is part of /tg/ nowadays
That's the entire point.
>>
>>46946193
I've literally never seen 75 quests up at once. Not even during the weekend at the super high point a few years ago.
>>
>>46945926
After one month, ban everyone who posts there.
>>
>>46946193
>You're over half the board on average
At least stop saying ridiculously obvious lies.
There has never been a single point in time when more than half the threads on /tg/ were quest threads.
>>
>>46946194
I agree with this.
>>
>>46946214
>Figures, blue board and all
Text has always been considered SFW in the past.
No one gets banned for posting "Suck a cock faggot".
>>
>>46945911
>User IDs
This is retarded. What's this supposed to help the board with?
>>
>>46945911
THANK YOU
>>
>>46946194
This is a good point, actually.
Archiving is going to be a bitch, possibly for a long time. It's already something of a problem with long-running quests. Getting into them after the first few threads requires going offsite to an archive. Now they won't be able to do that and anyone who didn't get in on the ground floor will have to go in blind or not at all.
>>
>>46946265
keeps 1 person from pretending to be multiple.
>>
>>46946265
Samefagging for votes.
>>
>>46945911
That's a horrible idea if you want to let quests grow and keep functioning.
Either ban them outright or stop trying to fuck up their present system of existence.
>>
>>46946265
Reduce the possibility of samefagging the vote?
>>
>>46945911
>Only OP can post images
rip fanart, we hardly knew ye.
>>
>>46946064
The trouble is that for every image like those you describe, there are going to be 1000 meme and reaction images which completely ruin any kind of atmosphere that the quest author is trying to cultivate.

One possible solution would be to permit anyone to use the painter app from /i/ to post diagrams.
>>
>>46946217
Ehh, it would feel like somebody takes sport cars out of /o/ and makes a new board for them. /asp/ went to shit after /wwe/ Generals were kicked off from /sp/, only comfy board became shit.

I am probably too newfag as I am afraid that /tg/ would became even slower board with questfags leaving.

I don't know, it just doesn't feel right.
>>
>>46945911
>safe for work
Limits OPs ability to post good art just because it has a nipple in it
>Bump limit 1000
Nice
>User IDs
"no."
>Only OP can post images
Are we reddit now? I thought this was an imageboard
>OP can use basic text formatting
Nice
>Everyone gets dice
this was already a thing but I'm glad you didnt get rid of it for some retarded reason
>>
>>46946265
Samefagging, QMs dropping trips. It makes decent enough sense.
>>
>>46945911
The good:
>User IDs
Nice, but I hope trips are still accepted for the quest author?
Fucking finally.

The average:
>All threads on this board should be created by the associated quest author. Please refrain from making meta-threads.
>All threads must be new or ongoing quests, period.
Threads dedicated to discussing the quest and developments created by the author are accepted I hope?
>We're aiming for adventure, exploration, suspense, mystery, etc
What does that "etc." mean? Is there only a specific kind of quest that will be accepted there? Because I recall one author getting banned because of "That isn't /tg/ enough". What will be "not /qst/ enough"?

The bad:
>Only OP can post images
Literally why?
>>
>>46946261
I'm seriously tempted to report this post and hope mod overlord has enough sense of humor to prove you wrong.

But he probably doesn't so whatever.
>>
>>46945911
This really fucks over quests that have been running on /tg/ for years, how are we going to keep the suptg archive?
>>
>>46946319
Have you ever been in a quest?

For fuck's sake
>>
File: DRAMATIC REACTION.jpg (25 KB, 399x395) Image search: [Google]
DRAMATIC REACTION.jpg
25 KB, 399x395
>>46946319
>The trouble is that for every image like those you describe, there are going to be 1000 meme and reaction images which completely ruin any kind of atmosphere that the quest author is trying to cultivate.
THIS IS AN APPEAL OF A QUEST. THIS IS LITERALLY IT.
>>
>>46946319
> there are going to be 1000 meme and reaction images
But this doesn't happen on /tg/. Why would it happen on the new board?
>>
>>46945911
Sounds great!
Only edits I would make is allowing everyone to post pictures and maybe using the /a/ rule, spoiler it if NSFW.
>>
>>46946037
/aco/ is the place to be I think.
>>
>>46946319
You don't know what sort of atmosphere quest authors are trying to cultivate. Like, at all.
>>
>Not just banning quests
Proof that mods really are faggots
>>
>>46946327
>Limits OPs ability to post good art just because it has a nipple in it
This is already a limitation, censorship is easy and it's worth it if it means smut quests die forever.
>>
>>46946319
I've never heard or seen anyone to be distracted by reaction images or any other type of images posted in a quest thread, and have never experienced this myself. Please reconsider at least that rule.
>>
>>46946319
Do you... read quests? Like at all?
>>
>>46945926
Why no on nsfw content? Why not just make it a 18+ board and give clear guidelines in which erotic content is acceptable? Also, only allowing OP to post images is a terrible idea.
>>
>>46946033
I agree, IDs should be turned off.
>>
>>46946319
>Ruin Athmosphere
The fuck are you talking about? This is not a game. Or a book. It's a quest thread on 4chan, for fucks sake. If you can't handle people reacting to what you write on fucking 4chan, then go and write a bloody book.
>>
>>46946143
It would also be nice if the OP can prevent other posters from having names or not.
>>
>>46946347
Because the new board is going to have that new board smell and attract people from all around the site.
It's going to be pretty bad for a while. I'm trying to be optimistic, but this broadens the potential "player"base pretty badly.
>>
>>46945926
>rule about not complaining
>no meta-threads
>erp not allowed
fug off
>>
>>46946289
>>46946290
>>46946309
Can just change the IP and clear cookies.

>>46946328
>QMs dropping trips
This is going to HURT. A lot.
>>
I am not a questfag, and I do not like quests on /tg/. I've seen a lot of them over time, and this feedback is coming from someone who wants them to have a good place to go.

>SFW
Why? A lot of quests boil down to Waifu Harem, /tg/ has a history of being semi-nsfw, and even the new management hasn't changed much of that.
You don't have to make it an orange board, but you should allow them to describe semi-lewd things so long as it's not 100% ERP. They fucking LOVE their shipping in some quest communities, and if you lock them out of it, they will be upset.

>Bump limit 1k
This is only good.

>User IDs
Good.

>Only OP can post images
Are you dense? Are you retarded or something? This is an imageboard and we make good use of our medium. Users upload images, including reaction images. Make spamming images a bannable offense, or include an increasing /r9k/ style timer for posting images. Post one, the next has a 30 second wait. Post another, it's a 2 minute wait. Another, 5 minutes. This resets every day or so. That way, there's no image spam in big threads, but when users want or need to post relevant images, they can.

>OP gets basic formatting
Great, that is good for them.

>Dice for all
Bueno. Excellente. This is good too.

>"The point of limiting images to the OP is to make sure that people don't get distracted by reaction images, and to allow the OP more control over the setting and tone in the thread."
Reaction images are only a distraction if things are shit, or if a troll is determined. If a troll is determined, you can't stop them short of a ban. They'll use big posts, or image-based text, or whatever.
As for controlling the tone? Frankly, users sometimes NEED a break. I have run live-action horror LARP events that take place over three days. When things get really grim, sometimes everyone will crack up over something funny and take 30 seconds out of character because, as a person, they need a break from the bleakness.
>cont
>>
Oh god why
>>
File: HQQWarrior1.jpg (275 KB, 1146x833) Image search: [Google]
HQQWarrior1.jpg
275 KB, 1146x833
>Safe for work
Sure.
>Bump limit 1000
OK.
>User IDs
Cool.
>Only OP can post images
Please no. I understand the reasoning, but going to a 3rd party site in order to post fanart or diagrams is inconvenient. Besides, just because people can't post reaction images doesn't mean that they can't post text reactions. I know it doesn't happen OFTEN, but when it does, it's great (pic related). Also QuestDrone pls come back.
Sure, please remember spoilers (surprise text).
>Everyone gets dice
OK.

Can there be an exception made for a rolling "advice sticky" that occasionally has the OP refreshed with new material?

General questions:
- Can there be a discouragement of "post ending in X decides what happens?"
- Will quests be forced off of /tg/ after a grace period or will quests continue to be permitted on /tg/? I know you can move threads now, but 3rd party archives (suptg mostly) will need to update or make some other kind of call on what will happen to old quest threads that are effectively required reading for participation.
>>
>>46946319
It's like talking to a kid that has no idea about quests.
>>
>>46946319
Literally newer seen a quest, jesus fucking christ. Fuck off mod with your shitty ideas. Go into suptg and read few more popular quest or storytimes you fucking twat
>>
>>46946033
I assume IDs would be thread-based like /pol/.
>>
>>46946265
Cutting down on accusations of samefaggotry, one assumes.

Not that I support this motion in any way, shape, or form, mind you.
>>
>>46946319
Quest atmosphere is made by collaborative effort of QM and the players. Memes are made by trolls, players have no reason to troll their own quests.

Also this >>46946346
After some 100 threads the number of inside jokes that only regular players can get grows into staggering proportions.
>>
>>46946194
Yeah, this seems like it would create more problems then it could ever hope to solve.
>>
>>46946194
>they've been on /tg/ for almost a decade.

A pretty good point desu. While I think quests as they are on /tg/ currently are a problem, I don't think they should go away completely and be sent to their own board. Some of the best /tg/ threads of all time, have been quests.

Although in my opinion at least, I wouldn't mind seeing written quests go. I guess I've always been partial to drawn quests, maybe because they just don't go on for as long so they don't take up as much board space. How often does a drawn quest get to an "episode 100", compared with how many written quests have?
>>
>>46945926
These all sound terrible and you should quit your internet-job.
>>
Stupid, open question but I haven't followed the quests trend:

What is /tg/ for if we remove another popular topic from it?

I'm surprised that threads get pruned (archived, whatever) within a day now.

What topics are left? It seems like the rest of the board is generals and hypotheticals ("If you were an elf..." or whatever).

Can we go back to having specific threads? I don't understand why all D&D discussion has to be confined to the designated D&D General. There isn't a Quest General where all quests go.
>>
>>46946423
>implying they give a shit
>>
>>46946319
All the quests I've participated in have never had a problem with reaction images, and in fact some authors encourage that. Why make assumptions on what the majority of QMs feel takes away from the atmosphere?
>>
>>46946382
But as >>46946071 points out, funposting is going to happen regardless.
>>
>>46946319

Speaking as a QM, I'd like my players to have the ability to post images. That's my only real complaint, everything else seems cool.
>>
>>46946319
That's not really how it works, for the most part. One of the appeals of questing is that you're there with other players taking part. Reaction images don't really harm that at all.

It's rare that a quest's atmosphere is ruined by reaction images, and it's more common that a quest's atmosphere is *reinforced* by reaction images. Like when something goes down and an 'OH SHIT' reaction images pops up, that raises the tension.

On /tg/, no quest I saw had a problem with reaction images, and taking away fanart is a pure negative.
>>
>>46946465
What and ruining Archiving isn't a big deal?
>>
>>46946382
This. This new board will not be populated by only a subset of /tg/'s userbase. It will be populated by anyone who is curious enough to show up. The rules are being written to take into account the influx of users who have no knowledge of /tg/'s culture.

Maybe when the new board smell has vanished we can revisit image replies for everyone. But I don't think it's a good idea when the board is just getting established.
>>
This is basically Age of Sigmar all over again. Exactly what we asked for, totally not what we wanted. Thank you monkey paw.
>>
>>46945911
>Bump limit 1000
Eh, ok. BUt will you increase the post size? The 2000 character limits is what makes writing a chore.

>User IDs
Please no, I've had to samefag in some quests to keep them alive long enough for it to grow a legit readerbase.
>>
>>46946319
It sounds like you've not actually seen or played through a quest before.

Not trying to be snide, just trying to make a suggestion, if something as big as a new board is being considered.
>>
>>46946403
I don't see how a great drawing like this will be limited by the /i/ paint app.

Don't blame your tools, blame the artist.
>>
>>46946319
I still feel as though letting the OP decide could work. If they want a more serious tone, then banning images is fine. If they don't mind as much, they can open it up.

If people spam up the thread with memes and the QM decides they didn't like that, they can just disallow them next thread.

I'm not sure how feasible that would be to implement though.
>>
>>46946194
Archiving is going to be a big problem.
I could see sup/tg/ expanding its archiving over to the new board though.
If that doesn't work out, its best to keep quests on /tg/.
>>
File: Smarterest.png (16 KB, 300x179) Image search: [Google]
Smarterest.png
16 KB, 300x179
>>46945911
>>46946319
>Only OP can post images
>On an imageboard
Literally kill yourself.
>>
>>46946481

Couldn't you just have a sticky discouraging dumb reaction posts?
>>
>>46945911
My suggestion on images is that the OP should have a choice to allow or deny others from posting images in their threads. Many quests rely on pictures posted by people other than the OP (MGNQ with their "voting closed" banners, MAQ and people proposing new spells, to name two)
>>
>>46946492
>I've had to samefag in some quests to keep them alive long enough for it to grow a legit readerbase.
This is terrible. Even worse if you were the QM.
>>
>>46945911
Go dive into quests yourself op then come back with some useful ideas.
>>
>>46946451
People aren't confined to generals. You could make a thread right now asking something about Magic or D&D and no one would delete it. People just prefer to gather in general threads because it's easier.
>>
>>46946481
>ruining new board shitposting just because you dont want to deal with it
Wow its almost like mods are lazy fat fucks
>>
File: Get up angry marine.gif (46 KB, 612x456) Image search: [Google]
Get up angry marine.gif
46 KB, 612x456
>>46946481
So why don't you just have it as an toggle option instead of blanket banning it?
>>
>>46946482
Oh fuck you are right! This is Age of ChineseMoot!
>>
>>46946391 cont

>>46946319 One possible solution would be to permit anyone to use the painter app from /i/ to post diagrams.
People can and will use it for shitposting if they want to.

>This board is for author-driven collaborative storytelling (i.e. "quests"). All threads posted here should be part of a new or ongoing quest.
On one hand, no shitposting. On the other, metathreads are important.

>The author controls the story of the quest. They can take suggestions from other posters, or not, at their sole discretion. If things don't go your way don't complain!
Legit. This is Rule Zero of GMing and necessary.

Meta-threads ARE important. We have a rolling metathread and it contains things. Require all non-quest threads to have a certain word such as META or DISCUSSION in the title, and you make it easy to filter them.

As long as people can skirt the boundaries and post occasional lewdness, it's OK. You let us have /wst/ for a long time, and frankly I liked having it around. This is 4chan for snacks' sake, we're never going to be SFW, even if the board is blue. Make it clear that if people push too far they'll be sanctioned, but let them have occasional waifu titty snuggling or there may be trouble from them.
>>
>>46946481
>Posting images is bad
How did you become Manager again? You're clearly unfit for the "job".
>>
>>46946481
I'm sorry Mod but this is an awful Idea on so many levels.

New threads won't magically replace Quests once they're gone. /tg/ will suffer from the lack of influx.

Also they've been here for eight fucking years, there is no point or reason to do this. /qst/ will die in a week.
>>
>>46946504
I don't think the sup/tg/ guy cares that much. He always struck me as pretty neutral on the topic and only kept quests around as a courtesy. Which I appreciate, but I don't know if he'd extend it to an entirely new board.
>>
>>46945911
>Bump limit 1000
HOLY MOTHER OF KEK
Do you want the board to have 1 months old abandoned threads with 200 posts in it?
The only quest that might hit 1000 posts in a session on a good day is Banished.
>>
>>46946504
sup/tg/ has no reason to, since the owner mostly hates quests.
>>
>>46946505

But this is exactly how some Japanese imageboards work. Including Futaba Channel before 4chan copied it.
>>
>>46946509
A sticky would just encourage people to do that.
They would want to rebel against the rules for the lulz or whatever
>>
>>46946492
Oh good point. Add more than 2000 characters and tabulations for thread starters.

PLEASE TABULATIONS
>>
>>46946509
Stickies like that aren't very effective. We ban tons of people every day who don't read stickies and follow basic published rules.
>>
>>46946492
>Please no, I've had to samefag in some quests to keep them alive long enough for it to grow a legit readerbase.

That would be less of a problem on a pure quest board because you're only competing with other quests, rather than quests + M:tG, D&D, elf slave wat do, etc - and everyone on the board is there to find quests, so there should be no shortage of potential readers. If your quest still can't survive in that scenario it's probably boring.
>>
>>46946549
But it's not how 4chan works, idiot. Never has and hopefully never will.
>>
>>46946481
>Maybe when the new board smell has vanished we can revisit image replies for everyone
I think you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>46946556
Maybe your rules are SHIIIIIIIT
>>
>>46946541
We have shitposted about nearly every DnD system so far and repeated it twice.
>>
>>46946451
>I don't understand why all D&D discussion has to be confined to the designated D&D General.
It's not? Just post the threads you want to see. Be the change you want!
>>
>>46946546
I think the idea is that you just go back to the previous thread if its still up. 1000 posts is enough to get anywhere from 8 to 2 sessions of most quests. I can think of a few that passed 1000 in a single thread with the normal bump limit, and it would actually help them too since they'd only start falling at the tail end.
>>
>>46946027
Hex?
>>
>>46945911
Man, you've missed the point of questing completely. I'm a QM on another site who used to dabble in /tg/, and I am confident in stating that whoever made those rules is either actively trying to kill questing or has literally never looked inside a quest thread before.
>>
>>46946556
Can you please respond to the actual questions which will majorly impact upon the board you're about to create?
>>
>>46946481
You really don't understand do you?

This is an imageboard, you are making a board that discourages the basic foundation of 4chan, do you really understand what you are implying here? Because at this point I doubt that you have really ever read a quest or even lurked 4chan, banning image posting because you are afraid of shitposting (which isn't common at all in quests) is retarded.
>>
>>46946550
>>46946556

Fair enough. Someone mentioned /soc/ ITT and I just visited there out of curiosity (never been). I like the sticky but I can see how it might be ignored.
>>
>>46946451
The larger a board's population, the faster topics move off the end of the board.

Generals are a response to growing board size, to keep things contained, to stop threads killing each other too fast, and to make it easier to find what you're after.

Think of it this way - generals are basically micro-boards that develop when a board gets too big. Quests have been massive for long enough that a split is maybe warranted.

That said, I dislike the /aco/ split. Good western art is a thing nowadays, unlike 2007-era deviantart shitscribbles, and /aco/ is full of everyone from /e/-level No Tits Please to /d/-tier "fuck me with a dick made of dicks while I shit, senpai"
>>
>>46946481
>>46946530
This is an excellent idea. If you can't handle it, leave the decision up to the OP to decide whether or not reaction images posted by his players will ruin the immersion or not.
>>
>>46945911
>Only OP can post images

This stops people from posting fanart, helpful images, and smug reaction images for/in collaboration with the GM.

Since everyone would IDs with the current system, maybe make it so the OP can designate if users/which users can post images on the thread? Maybe make it a control panel when making a thread on the board perhaps?
>>
>>46946481
Honestly, man, as a QM? I'd be pretty damn upset for my players not to have images. And I know plenty of others who will be too. Players contribute to a quest with their own content, be it writing, drawing, audiobooking (no, really). That's part of the participation aspect of the whole thing, man. You might have good intentions but you're putting a knife in part of what makes the format both great and unique unto itself.
>>
>>46946591
I think it's someone used to certain off-site questing who wants to allow that to move here. Hence why complaining about the QM and non-QM images are banned.
>>
>>46946481
You do realize /qst/ traffic is going to be dead after 2 weeks right?

I'm thinking this is just a plan to kill 4chan quests; something thats been a part of /tg/ culture for a long time.
>>
>>46945911
>User IDs
Is there a way to make that optional at the discretion of the QM?
>>
>>46946194
>Quests don't take up enough board traffic
>48/150 threads on /tg/ are quest and generals
>1/3 of the board is fucking quest and generals
Yeah nah you're a faggot. /tg/ is creatively stagnant.
>>
Hm, will the board have a function that will only show posts by the quest master, or for them to tag posts as PLOT, and allow users to filter by that?
>>
The best way is to apply special CSS/JS to threads with "quest" in the title ON TG.
Also, delete anything that's reported as a quest without "quest" in the title.
No ban, just deletion. As quest authors will occasionally forget to fill the title field, it's happened enough times.
>>
>>46946612
>the OP can designate if users/which users can post images on the thread
That's going to make a terrible circlejerk shit, I can smell the stink even before it exists.
>>
>>46946481

Yeah, you really need to re-think this. Worst case your janitors have to do a bit of extra work for a while, who cares? Maybe you don't give a shit, but we kinda do, getting fanart and images is a big part of questing. Please allow images from everyone, not just OP.
>>
I just remembered one of the old arguments against this and I think it's relevant enough to bring it back up.
Quests that are relegated to their own board literally can't get new players incidentally. A lot less people are going to go to the designated quest board to look around than would happen to see a quest while on /tg/ looking for other things.
That might mean that quests get slow and circlejerky. More so than they already can get, that is.
>>
>>46946541
The bottom line is, quests will now be bannable on /tg/. That's what everyone who doesn't follow them wanted. For those people the new board will serve its purpose regardless whether it actually lives or not.
>>
>>46946481
And they'll all fuck off after a couple weeks when they get bored / realize how autistic questing is.
>>
>>46946629
Sure there is a way to make the board that way, but mods won't bother doing so.
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34 KB, 413x395
>All these questfags mad that they're finally getting exiled

Get fucked. You've been a cancer on this board for far too long. Be thankful you're getting a board at all instead of getting outright banned for your faggotry,

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
>>
>>46946639
This could be easy solution
>>
>>46946632
>and generals
At least try to have an argument that you don't shoot down yourself.
>>
>>46946632
>Quests and generals are the same thing
Yeah, nah.
>>
>>46946657
Enjoy have a dead /tg/ then.
>>
>>46946641
This.

Literally the most retarded idea in this sticky, even if the mod actually tried to go full retard.
>>
>>46946657
>He doesn't know moot already declared quests belong in /tg/
>He hasn't read anything in this thread
Sigh. The average low intelligence of an anti-quest fag.
>>
>>46945911
>>46946319
>>46946481

Replying as a regular artist for various quests, not being able to post images is the worst of the proposed rules.

I enjoy regularly making content for the qm's I'm friends with, and one of my favorite things about 4chan is that I can in fact share and give fan art back to the community.

Furthermore, it's 4chan. Sharing ideas and thoughts through images is the lifeblood of the website. It's what makes it unique, special. I can't imagine the "4chan questing experience", so to speak, without being able to post and share images as well.

A 1000 reply bump limit also seems far too much. A majority of the quests I've seen will maybe hit 100-200 replies before they fall off the board. I can only think of major and massive quests like Kant-O-Celle or Maid Quest and the such ever hitting such a large post count.

I'm afraid that with a 1000 bump limit would just lead to the same quests clogging up the board for days on end. One of the appeals of questing is that everyday, *something* new is running, rather than the big names constantly up. Nor do I think enough quests are running at any one time that the old threads would be bumped off the board before they hit the bump limit.

Quests have been a constant source of OC and content for me on /tg/. It's going to be a shame to see them go.

I hope the mod team is willing to reconsider "only OP may post images rules".
>>
>>46946647
No, that's what a certain vocal group wanted. A vocal group that consistently claims to represent literally everyone who doesn't directly oppose them.
>>
>>46946632
>all these false numbers

Christ Alive

>>46946657
This is who you're pandering to OP....

For fuck's sake
>>
>>46946645
That argument has always been pretty stupid to me, in the age of catalogs and filters no one runs across quests unless they care to read them. Having a separate quest board will actually get more people to play quests.
>>
>>46946632
Thanks nazimod, even years after your rule, your influence on the board is still present. And perhaps it will forever.
>>
>>46946632
>quests and generals
Most of those generals are unrelated to quests and would therefor not migrate to /qst/.
There are 8 quest threads up right now if I'm being general and include this sticky and a cyao
>>
>>46946678
don't flatter yourself
>>
>>46946657
Enjoy your ten extra "Elf Slut wat do" threads
>>
>>46946699
Most people don't bother using filters against them because most people aren't raging against them. Most people are neutral and apathetic on the subject, as with most subjects.
>>
>>46946691
500 bump limit would be more than enough
>>
File: faggot.jpg (38 KB, 619x296) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
38 KB, 619x296
>>46946698
>false numbers
>>
>>46946556
Can you include a rule prohibiting paid content/donation links from QMs?

Not naming names, but there have been patreon/paypal links in the past put up by QMs which lead to lower quality material being posted in the actual threads on /tg/.
>>
>>46946528
>>46946587

That makes sense but I have seen people link to /5eg/ or whatever when someone asks how to get started with D&D 5E or for some 5E advice.

Of course lurking more is something you should do on any message board, but there's nothing wrong with threads dedicated to specific questions (especially when you have 150+ "slots" for threads) rather than cramming seven discussions into one thread.

There was a point where if someone made some significant OC, they'd make a thread about it. And we should encourage that, now we literally have "homebrew generals".

And there are basically "Warhammer Wednesday" threads (they call them Generals now) on a board that was created BECAUSE OF Warhammer Wednesdays.

Point is, while we're having a good ol' meta thread, I don't understand why /tg/ is. Why is /tg/?
>>
>>46946708
Anti-Quests are the worst. They said Quests are cancer but yet do nothing against. "Post lolis!! XD", "Elf slut! Wat do?", and "This is a grrl"
>>
>>46946632
Why is creating new content considered to be creatively stagnation? Quest are objectively more creative than 40k threads or elf slav what do threads.
>>
This is really, really stupid. There is absolutely no reason to make a quest board.

8 years OP, 8 fucking years.
>>
>>46946720
There is downvote guy who downvotes the hell out of old quests on suptg. Some salty person downvoted SWQ89 to 0
>>
>>46946731
>Only Five Quests
>>
File: 1406650312979.jpg (19 KB, 274x183) Image search: [Google]
1406650312979.jpg
19 KB, 274x183
>>46946731
I didn't know anybody this dumb could exist.
>>
>>46946731
There are 5 quest threads. At least 35 of the generals are about tabletop IPs.
>>
>>46946732
That would get banned for advertising anyway, right? It's just that usually no one reports that.
>>
>>46946731
So five. There is no quest general up right now, and those CYOA threads seem to all be image CYOAs, not player-interactive ones. They wouldn't move either.
>>
>>46946731
>the vast majority is generals completely unrelated to quests
Well, I guess we should ban wh40k, DnD, Pathfinder, and everything else that has a general even if it's /tg/ related, right?
>>
File: 094702374.jpg (7 KB, 299x169) Image search: [Google]
094702374.jpg
7 KB, 299x169
>>46946731
Oh my god man
>>
>>46946731
>5 = 48

Nigga you high?
>>
>>46946738
I'm not anti-quests, but /tg/ survived fine before quests and will be fine after. Saying it's going to die because quests are leaving is nonsense.
>>
>>46946731
>/tg/ content is cluttering up /tg/
THE HORROR
>>
>>46946632
Ok, and how many of those are quests, again?

Not generals. Quests.
>>
>>46946731
>5 quest
Top fucking kek, what a fucking autist.
>>
Does that mean /mlp/ still keeps its own quests? I'm pretty sure the writefags would go fucking crazy with dice and basic formatting.
>>
One thing to consider would be to give some of those suggested things in OP to /tg/ and roll with it
>>
>>46946731
Retard, really. Holy shit, are you that dumb?
>>
>>46945911
>Only OP can post images

Into the trash it goes
>>
>>46946726
>his quest doesn't regularly hit 800+ posts before falling of the board
>laughing anime girls.jpg

But really, the bump limit might be kind of arbitrary, you need to fill 10 pages before something actually falls off the board. And while I don't have exact statistics, I don't think we have that many quests going
>>
>>46946775
If it were codified in the board rules, to include the prohibition of donations (not just advertising) it would make it more clear cut for enforcement.
>>
This is a slippery slope, the people who asked for quest removal will never be satisfied.

Their next crusade will be generals or something similar.

You're pandering OP, plain and simple
>>
File: Kyon has a strange face.png (146 KB, 257x292) Image search: [Google]
Kyon has a strange face.png
146 KB, 257x292
Everyone knows how this goes.

Mod goes and does stupid thing, community says "That's stupid" and then the community isn't listened to.

It's going to happen here, just as it has before. Just stop trying to reason with it. The OP isn't even responding to people's actual concerns and probably won't do so until the topics are locked and we have no way to respond to them to tell them how fucking stupid their reasoning is.

These are the people you're dealing with here. These will always be the people you're dealing with and this is literally how it's going to be until the end of 4chan.
>>
>>46946755
All that takes is one guy with one computer and a dynamic IP. Or a botnet, which is also very likely (I've seen votes go up and down like a see-saw for days because two competing votebots were at war)
>>
File: 1437369975545.jpg (9 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1437369975545.jpg
9 KB, 251x251
>>46946731
>5 quest threads
Boy, we better make a containment board for this menace.
>>
Well it's a pretty clear consensus that you guys want everyone to be able to post images. So we'll do that.

In the long run I think that'll be fine; in a month or so /qst/ will settle down and it should be pretty comfy and well-behaved just like /tg/.

In the short-term the place is going to be pretty chaotic as curious newbies from all over spam garbage everywhere. In the interim we'll just have to try to do our best to clean up the mess.

We'll also add the painter app because it should make it easier to post maps, diagrams, etc.
>>
>>46946808
I think its more of the fact that generals turn into hugboxes. Have you seen /ksg/ on /vg/?
>>
>>46946556
Pretty sure it had some effect back then on areas like /lit/ and it's better than nothing IMO.
Plus, you can't really avoid those kind of people in this site, that's like stopping the setting sun.
If you do plan to push through this, it's probably going to be a busy week for you, considering new boards get raided all the time.
>>
>>46946821
FUCKING THIS!
>>
>>46946319
Do you guys even understand quests?
>>
>>46946841
Yeah, but he did it for every thread of like 100+ threads.
>>
Aren't 1000 post bump limits good? The QM can run a single thread for a whole week and come back in and out and take breaks.

Oh wait.

This is 4chan, not ANONKUN.
>>
>>46946839
Shame /tg/ doesn't have the unity and vitriol that /a/ has when mods commit a slight over there.
>>
>>46946853
I don't go to /vg/. Why the fuck should I care what kind of threads /vg/ has?
>>
>>46946839
I hate that you're right.
I really fucking do.
>>
Only allowing the OP to post images is a non-starter.

What the fuck.

This is an image board.

>>46946194
Agreed
>>
I don't think splitting the board is a good idea. If you're that scared about quests and generals drowning out "regular" threads, why not just increase the pages? And implement formatting in /tg/
>>
>>46946852
Well I'm sure glad you listened to literally one suggestion, the one that was the easiest for you to backpeddle on
>>
>>46946852
Still fucking stupid idea. Just kill yourself
>>
>>46945911
the only issue with only OP postign images is that some quests recieve fan-art. It's a lot easier to upload it here thna it is elsewhere sometimes.

Othewrwise, okay.

And the user ID's is GREAT.
>>
>>46946852
Thanks man, I would like it if you had a bit more leeway with the lewd stuff, but the main problem was the image posting, now that that has been solved I'm way calmer.

Maybe 1000 posts is a bit too high though.
>>
>>46946852
>Well it's a pretty clear consensus that you guys want everyone to be able to post images. So we'll do that.
The fact that you didn't see this from the very start still shows how fucking retarded you are. Good job figuring it out eventually though. Good boy.
>>
>>46945911
>Only OP can post images
Literally what? Why?
>The point of limiting images to the OP is to make sure that people don't get distracted by reaction images, and to allow the OP more control over the setting and tone in the thread

No one asked for that, no QM would want to gimp his players from posting reaction images, fan art, and the like. Have you ever partcipated on a quest on /tg/? Legitimate question
>>
>>46946852
>In the long run I think that'll be fine; in a month or so /qst/ will settle down and it should be pretty comfy and well-behaved just like /tg/.
>In the short-term the place is going to be pretty chaotic as curious newbies from all over spam garbage everywhere. In the interim we'll just have to try to do our best to clean up the mess.
>We'll also add the painter app because it should make it easier to post maps, diagrams, etc.

No the consensus is that this is retarded.

It'll be dead in a week, there are exactly 5 quests running right now for fuck's sake.
>>
>>46946852
THANK YOU!
>>
>>46946839
>>46946852
You were saying?
>>
>>46946853
So ban generals then?
How is that even relevant to this conversation?
Don't even try to imply that quests forced other topics to make their own generals, because they didn't.
>>
>>46946871
So yeah, probably a botnet. Even a dedicated person with their router right next to them would get bored after waiting for it to boot back up for the xth time that hour.
>>
>>46946852
Awesome.

No will quests still get banned if they pastebin their lewd scenes?
>>
File: New Canvas2.png (489 KB, 1500x1200) Image search: [Google]
New Canvas2.png
489 KB, 1500x1200
>>46946481
Hello! I am LimeBreaker!

I am too much of a lazy shit to run my own quests (outside of dumb april fools jokes), but I like to draw quest fanart, and I like being able to share it with my fellow quest readers.

It'd suck to not be able to do that anymore.

>>46946852
>Well it's a pretty clear consensus that you guys want everyone to be able to post images. So we'll do that.

HUZZAH!
>>
>>46946839
I'm not really worried. I'm beyond that point now. I believe in my QM to take his wild ride to its bitter end. Here, on /qst/ or anywhere else. I'm going to follow wherever that is.
>>
>>46946889
>And implement formatting in /tg/
You know, I honestly wouldn't be against that. It could be handy as fuck for a variety of reasons.
>>
>>46946863
Time for headpats
>>
>>46946852
Ok boss
Thanks for that
>>
>>46946852
More than 2k characters for the thread starters plox.

plox
>>
>>46946839
>>46946852
There are exceptions I guess.
>>
>>46946852
>Well it's a pretty clear consensus that you guys want everyone to be able to post images
>people want to post images on an imageboard
GEEZ I WONDER WHY THAT'S SURPRISING
Now address the rest of the criticisms and try to contain your newfaggotry
>>
File: basket-full-of-puppies.jpg (574 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
basket-full-of-puppies.jpg
574 KB, 1920x1080
Uh, sup, /tg/. I figure I may as well pop in and say hello, see how everyone's doing.

So, anything I can do, or specifically NOT do/stop doing? I'm an open book, if anyone has questions about shit I can pull from the database, I'm open to suggestions. I guess the question is whether people would want a separate archive for /qst/ or if someone else wants to rise to that particular challenge.

I know there are full-board archives out there that cache EVERY thread. I could create a mirror database for /qst/ that just links over to those sites instead of storing locally. I'm running out of room, and archiving two boards' worth of material would be a bit of a stretch, but the database alone would be easy to create and maintain for everyone.

On a related note, I think /mlp/ is overrun with quests as well (or Choose Your Own Adventures as they call them). I don't know if /qst/ will lift Global Rule 15, or if /mlp/ is actually happy with the situation, but I figured it'd be worth mentioning.
>>
>>46946852
Alright, that's a good start. Everything else I can live with, even ID shit. Thank you for listening.
>>
I don't really care for the only the op can post images rule or the User IDs one, everything else is fine, I suppose. Getting threads archived is the problem for me, someone would have to step up to do a suptg equivalent if LL doesn't want to host it.
>>
>>46946918
Yes, because the problem with ERP is that it's trash for retards and breeds more retarded trash, not that it's NWS so you can't post it on a blue board.
>>
>>46945911
>Only OP can post images
What about fanart?
>>
>>46946557
If anything, it would be MORE of a problem. People won't read every quest. Now, people will be competing at even higher rates.
>>
>>46946731
>Entire new board for 5 threads
>>
File: cvc.jpg (21 KB, 460x370) Image search: [Google]
cvc.jpg
21 KB, 460x370
>>46946319
Hey
Hey faggot
This is an IMAGEboard
>muh distracting reaction images
Fuck right off
>>
>>46946852
Still wondering whether or not there will be a quest general thread.
>>
>>46946901
>there are exactly 5 quests running right now for fuck's sake.
And of those 5, 2 are already over, 1 is paused and 1 is nearly dead.
>>
Any chance of OP being able to ban shitposters in their own thread only?

Or is that too difficult to implement/open to abuse?
>>
>>46946906
That he's ignoring that there's no reason to make a new board at all?

Yeah I got that
>>
>>46946852
1000 bump limit should go back to 200.

The only threads on 4chan that I've seen hit 1000+ posts on a regular basis are on /v/ and the Kancolle threads on /jp/ during Event season.
>>
>>46946944
>On a related note, I think /mlp/ is overrun with quests as well

oh god
>>
>>46946918
>>46946852
THIS

Many quests have smut as a side aspect of their quest and already pastebin it. Banning them for that would completely displace them.
>>
File: 1448926062761.jpg (84 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1448926062761.jpg
84 KB, 640x640
>>46945911
>Safe for work
>Erotic roleplay is not permitted.
>Mfw Orc Warlord will be banned to Akun
Finally.
>>
>>46946944
Please let us keep archiving quests there, pretty fucking please man.
>>
>>46946953
Clearly /tg/ needs a general board instead of a quest board spin-off.
>>
>>46946976
I see no problem with this.
>>
>>46946852
Just make thread creation a little different than other boards, and allow the OP some options to choose from when creating a thread.
It's as easy as adding some boxes to tick, like
>User IDs - Y/N
>Image posing - Y/N/cooldown
>Painter app - Y/N
Maybe add some sort of tool for final destination votes as well.
>>
>>46946319
>ruin any kind of atmosphere that the quest author is trying to cultivate.

In re-reading, it sounds like you're intending quests, and this intended board to be a rather serious storytelling affair and artistic endeavor similar to the other art-based boards but about writing. There's nothing wrong with this, and there certainly are quests that fall under this distinction and would benefit from a board of this nature. There's definitely a large number of quests though, that are simply not in this style. Maybe they're just not that serious, or a large part of them is player input, even if it's just memes and reaction pics.

If you're trying to create a new board that cultivates that kind of serious storytelling and encourages creative play like that, I would definitely agree and be for it. I still feel though that in contrast to that, shorter and more lighthearted quests perhaps still be allowed on /tg/? Creating a new board for the more serious and longterm sort of quest would definitely cut down on the number of them on /tg/, and also not force those sorts of quests to share a board with the quicker and non-serious quests, of which there aren't that many such that /tg/ is or would be cluttered with them.

Overall I can understand the push for a new board to service the large number of serious, very long (multi thread), and most often written quests which to be fair do clutter /tg/ at times. That said, from what I've seen, quests are vastly different and varied such that it feels it would be a disservice to simply shove ALL of them to their own insular board. A serious quest board with few images, user IDs and 1000 post bump limit, would be great for the long written quests. It would be a disservice for short, simple, lighthearted or "one-off" quests however, and by including all of them under one board would worsen the board itself and the idea/goal it's trying to serve.

>tl;dr good for say, the long write quests, bad for a lot of other quests
>>
>>46946852
Can we have a discussion about lewd content yet?

There's several ways to deal with this if you don't want it to completely dominate the board.
>>
>>46946972
Not to 200, that's retarded.
500 like on /a/ is a reasonable compromise, especially if the OP could put his own thread into autosage
>>
>>46946944
If you're willing to do it, then I would appreciate it if you did. I like the way sup/tg/ is formatted. It might be better to make it a "separate" archive though. At least on a different page, since we're pandering to the vocal anti crowd.
>>
File: 3rd and 5th wing - Reynard.gif (63 KB, 1762x1542) Image search: [Google]
3rd and 5th wing - Reynard.gif
63 KB, 1762x1542
>>46946852
It's gonna be a graveyard of half-assed shit threads that will get 10/20 posts.
>>
File: rat in a blanket.jpg (51 KB, 450x304) Image search: [Google]
rat in a blanket.jpg
51 KB, 450x304
Oh, and regarding the suggested rules (not that my opinion holds any particular weight):

* Everyone should be allowed to post images. It's an imageboard, and fan art can elevate a regular thread to legendary status, not just quests.
* Offering more formatting for the OP is an excellent idea. Giving QMs even basic HTML tagging would be pretty cool.
* For out-of-the-blue suggestions, I was thinking a strawpoll-esque plugin for actual 'Choose Your Own Adventure' requests from participants could be handy, but that style really varies from QM to QM.
>>
>>46946852
I don't think that the board will have enough traffic to sustain 10 pages of threads with a 1000 post bump limit.

That's 100 threads at any time that need a 1000 posts just to fall off. I can't think of any quests that would need that.

There's other forums that have quests, right?
touhou-project.com is one of them.
The population is small, but there's threads that are YEARS old still up on page ten, because even at a bump limit of 250, the site's slow pace means the threads don't hit bump limit and stay forever.

It means the same few big names stay up eternally, or in the occasional instance, one quest stays up on the board for weeks and clogs the place up, because not enough quests are running at any time for it to be bumped off.

From my experience, in the evenings (EST), there's 10-12 quest threads running at any time, which isn't fast enough to bump off all the old threads. Running once a week, QMs would be returning to their thread and keeping it on the board, week after week, until it falls off.
>>
>>46946852
1000 bump limit is highly against the session-based running schedules of QMs. It encourages the noncommittal format of freeform RPing or fanfics.

Coming back into the thread to post one or two things a week? That's bad for quest, or even story pacing.
>>
>>46946944
I prefer reading archived quests on sup/tg/ because it doesn't rape my eyes with varying text sizes like 4plebs and whatnot. But do what you will, it's your money. Anyways, thanks for all the good work all those years.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 171

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.