[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are all barbarians automatically follower of the devourer wurm?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 18
File: warmahordes.jpg (20 KB, 477x273) Image search: [Google]
warmahordes.jpg
20 KB, 477x273
Are all barbarians automatically follower of the devourer wurm?
>>
first for hope this new edition makes it so half my gaming group doesn't play Denny /asphy every tourney
>>
The changes to minon pacts makes the mistspeaker kind of make sense tbqh.
splatter/gun boards with eyeless sight will be pretty good.
>>
>>46944010
Denny isn't going anywhere.
>>
>>46943964
Any new info today?
>>
>>46943964
No, a lot of "barbaric" races/cultures worship all kinds of dieties, Ranging from Dhunia to Barnabas.
>>
>>46943964
What do you mean be barbarian? If you mean someone living outside of civilization, then no. There are lots of Iridian desert people who follow Menoth, for example.
>>
>>46944934
No more character restriction in Steamroller, and a smaller table format called Rumble.
>>
>>46945019
THE BRAKES ARE OFF
>>
>>46944010
Hey thats my pair! Except its denny3 not 1 or 2. I find she handles the haleys and a few other problem match ups very well
>>
>can place obstacles near objectives
Oh goody. I can see it now. Clustering a bunch of walls and impassable obstacles near a flag so Warjacks and colossals can't get near it. Genius.

On the other hand, it sounds like they're going to be "patching" any models that stick out, which will be excellent.
>>
File: Mammoth[1].gif (47 KB, 330x274) Image search: [Google]
Mammoth[1].gif
47 KB, 330x274
>>46945674
>models that stick out
SWEET
>>
File: 1461767867843.jpg (77 KB, 928x960) Image search: [Google]
1461767867843.jpg
77 KB, 928x960
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFjotdhdBLM
>>
>>46945753
I hope that and the Hydra get massive patches.
>>
>>46945809
The Hydra doesn't stick out though. At least in the way that pisses me off.
>>
I hope the berserker is less than 10 points, or that it gets huge buffs.

Menoth gets a mat 6 pow 18 arm 18. Khador has a mat 5 pow 16 arm 18, with the only real advantage being it charges for free and has a chain attack that basically never happens at mat 5.
>>
>>46945848

Well the jugg is now 10 or 12 points so I'm sure the beserker is going to be lower cost
>>
File: warmachine-v3-new-decks.jpg (565 KB, 1336x831) Image search: [Google]
warmachine-v3-new-decks.jpg
565 KB, 1336x831
>>46944934

Some spoilers for Wrong Eye

>Influence - Cost 2, Rng 10, offensive

Take control of target enemy non-warcaster, non-warlock warrior model. The model immediately makes one basic attack, then Influence expires. A model can only be affected by Influence once a turn.

>Star-Crossed - Cost 3, Rng Self, AoE CTRL, Dur RND

Same as now.

Star-Crossed replaces Voodoo Doll

>Lesser Warlock now states, in addition to the previous rules, that this model MUST begin the game with a warbeast in its battlegroup.

>Amphibious is no longer present, could have become an icon or simply replaced by Pathfinder.

>>46944950

I recall reading that there is speculation that Kossk is simply the Devourer Wurm under a different name.
>>
The fuck is this thread addition.
>>
>>46945968
The jugg is 12. Berserker in Mk 2 is the same cost as the Crusader in Mk 2, so it stands to reason they might be the same cost in Mk 3 which is 10 points.
>>
>>46946022
So wait, does Wrong Eye no longer have to have Snapjaw? If so that's amazing.
>>
>>46946338

Someone noted that it may be/is usually noted on Snapjaw's card and other's like him.
>>
>>46946022
>influence nerf
ebin simply ebin
>>
Lessers requiring you to take a beast almost certainly means that the junior casters have the same requirement, so no more taking them solely to hand out buffs.
>>
>>46946778
>no more taking gastonne for 2 boostable hand cannon shots
>>
>>46946929

Oh no I have to take one of the best 4/8 point jacks in the game with the guy who supports them the best
>>
>>46946778
Im fine with this as that's the whole damn point of them. Even more so if they get there own little bonus points to a best or jack.
>>
>merc "battlebox" for Mk3 is Magnus mangler and a rover
>can currently get a new in box rover for $25
>have no idea if it's going to be good

Panic
>>
>>46943964
You mean khorne?
>>
So, I will be able to play the pigs next season then?
>>
>>46947580
You know there are other settings than WH40k, right?
>>
Are there any rules for converting the wargame Legion warbeasts for the RPG? As far as I can see the only Legion warbeasts are in a few NQs, but there are a ton missing, and they aren't easy to directly port over what with 'feeding costs' and other oddities.
>>
>>46945845
Its just so-so. Would like to see it be pushed up to "good".
>>
>>46946521
You can make ranged attacks now doofus.
>>
""Toe-ing in" is no longer a thing. Terrain features like forests and clouds only provide their benefit to models completely within that terrain feature. Similarly clouds only provide concealment to a model completely within the cloud.
Hills too.

You still stuffer the movement penalty for rough terrain as soon as you hit it, you just no longer get the benefits unless you are completely within the feature.

You can still toe into a scenario zone for Steamroller. The sizes of those zones hasn't changed from 2015 to 2016 either (12" diameter circles and 6" x 12" rectangular zones)"
>>
>>46948451
Terrain size isn't changing, intention is to make the bonuses harder to gain
>>
File: 1459475913099.gif (117 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
1459475913099.gif
117 KB, 500x482
>>46948451
Im not super excited about this
>>
>>46948451
Toe'ing on to elevation always annoyed me.
>>
>>46949543
Sure, but I always thought toeing into clouds and forests was fine
>>
>>46949586
I agree, I wish it was like other games where it mattered if your LoS passed through the cloud/forest more then where the base was.
>>
>>46943964
Here's the links for a proppa thread

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader <dot> com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
https://www.forwardkommander.com
http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Jan%202016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
hordes abridged:http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
Exigence abridged: http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>
>>46944934
Models have to be completely within a terrain feature or cloud to gain benefits from it.
>>
>>46948887
Doesn't this just make Pathfinder vastly more powerful?
>>
>>46949941
Even if they are nerfing shepards, PP's lust for dragon cock would never allow them to not give Everblight a pseudobuff to compensate
>>
>>46950170
Jason Soles has an awe-inspiring Bad Dragon collection.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d6)

>>46949839
ty, have a bakery roll:
1: croissant
2: spinach and ricotta
3: meat pie
4: sausage roll
5: danish
6: fancy as fuck almond florentine

>>46947606
of course he doesn't.
Inb4 heresy.
>>
>>46949606
meh, I always thought toe`ing should only work with range attacks if the LOS has to go 'through' the cloud to reach the unit, if the unit is half in half out and the range attack is coming from the direction where it's sticking out, then it should't count. Not really that complicated.

>>46949543
same.

>>46949430
I am.

>>46949941
kind of?
>>
>>46949941
If Pathfinder and penalties for movement inside terrain don't change, yes.

Which is something I doubt.

This has a lot of effect on defensive bonuses though. Like, before you could have an entire unit with concealment off a mid sized forest, now you'll be lucky to get even half of them to benefit from it.

So stuff like the Choir nerf makes more sense. Sure, no more +2 to hit, but enemy models aren't going to be having elevation/concealment nearly as often either.

Also is a big stealth nerf to fog of war casters.
>>
>>46949839
anyone have the forces of distinction book
>>
>>46950491
It's not a nerf to fog of war. Fog of war is a spell effect, not terrain. So unless the wording changes to say "completely within" then the spell is unaffected.
>>
>>46950491
>Also is a big stealth nerf to fog of war casters.

Even if FoW is changed to "completely within", I'd argue this is a *buff* to it, as Concealment is more difficult to get without it.
>>
>>46950573
>>46950689
Shit, I meant to say buff.

It's a big stealth buff to FoW because with concealment that much harder to gain on the table, casters being able to provide it becomes that much better.
>>
So quick question about medium based casters like butcher and thyron. Are they regular sized dudes or are they larger, because I always envisioned Thyron standing a foot and a half over the other casters.
>>
>>46951424
they are big guys
>>
>>46951476
fuck u
>>
>>46951424
They're big dudes. The Butcher is canon seven and a half feet tall.
>>
>>46951424
A lot of them are physically taller than other characters, but that's compounded by their armour, which makes them even more huge.
>>
>>46951509
>>46951519
Thanks for the answer, that's what my local press ganger said but I wanted to make sure because the lore fag at my store said otherwise.
>>
File: resculpt size.jpg (375 KB, 1500x800) Image search: [Google]
resculpt size.jpg
375 KB, 1500x800
I just realized how huge the new Behemoth is.

Holy fuck.
>>
Will collosalless mercs be worth playing in mk3?
>>
>>46951806
Who knows at this point. We know next to nothing about the game.
>>
>>46951654
I guess, it's important to remember that at it's core, Warmahordes is a D&D fantasy setting that has moved to steampunk. So a lot of those D&D/Fantasy style things, like giant men in huge armor, are still totally a thing.
>>
>>46951806

We'll see. Dorf hammerers will be able to be taken out of highborne but so far we have few concrete merc spoilers
>>
>>46951654
>I wanted to make sure because the lore fag at my store said otherwise.
That's a shitty lorefag if he doesn't even understand that people come in different shapes and sizes. I made it so that most Species in IKRPG can be made to be larger based so long as they have a Higher PHY stat. Thus properly allowing players to represent Cataphracts, Bastions, etc.
>>
>>46951654

Butcher is medium base because he is legit like 7' tall and 300 pounds without his armor
>>
>>46951509
>>46951987

I suddenly find it humorous that one of the candidates that ran for US senator in my state is close to the Butcher in size.

>>46951805

At first I wasn't sure about the Avatar's look, until it clicked that it's basically supposed to be a walking cathedral.
>>
Okay so the aftermath of reckoning. Has that appeared in any e-novels or any other books?
>>
>>46952403
That big meaty fuck in PA?
>>
>>46953637

Yeah
>>
>Arkadius' needle got some nifty upgrades, and he doesn't just stick enemy models with them anymore. I mean, one of his options is to fill one of his own warbeasts with Raw Adrenaline, which reads: If a living warbeast is damaged by an attack with this weapon, all attack and damage rolls resulting from its next basic attack this turn are boosted.
>>
>>46957612
>tuning up gunboars
they might see some play
>>
>>46957612
>Gets Tune Up
>Can take the Gorax

Arkadius gets all the good shit in pigs, I swear.
>>
>>46957726
Tier lists are changing, Nature of the Beast might not exist anymore.
>>
>>46957793
He has an ability on his card to take goraxes now.
>>
>>46957916
Source?
>>
>>46958387
http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-04-21-2016
>>
>>46958387
http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-04-21-2016

He specifically uses Arkadius and Gorax as an example.
>>
Fucking hell griffon models are half-naked men with wings, bird heads and claws attached, ugly as fuck. Can anybody suggest where i can get a cool proxxy for them? Because literally i cant stand the looks, while i like the idea of Una with 2-3 of them.
>>
>>46958458
>>46958465
Totally missed that when I read it, neat.
>>
Tell me about Electromancers.
Are they possible to run effectively without a unit of Houseguard Halberdiers standing in front of them?
>>
>>46958946
idk, how about you wait like a month and find out
>>
>>46944980
Idrians follow Menoth since Sul-menites kicked their asses.
I wonder who/what Idrians followed before they followed Menoth?
>>
>>46945674
What do you imply by patching?

The latest insider from Will was a bit of a let down for some, because almost all the info has been known for a while to those doing the SR2016 beta testing.

Don't worry your little heads about stuff in zones or near flags, there is a failsafe rule which states something along the lines of "yes you can put things there, but don't be a dick on purpose and make it impossible to reach"
That isn't the exact wording ofc.
>>
>>46945802
Dat avatar is gon be so expensive !!
But by Menoth I'll still buy it !!
PP you terrible terrible entity you !!
>>
>>46959997

checked the rpg book for ya, found

"While settlers erected temples amid brambles and worked to carve homes from the red sandstone from which the Marches take their name, the howling Idrian tribes descended upon them time and again. The Menites had traded the oppression of the Cygnarans for the savagery of tribes in thrall to the Devourer Wurm. "
>>
>>46960057
I'm surprised the menites tried to redeem devourer followers instead of burning them all.
Maybe they did it because they were human and not tharn
>>
>>46960075

bit more for ya

The Missionaries
While they comprise less of a political faction than a theological movement, some in powerful positions within the Protectorate have dissenting opinions concerning the priorities of the Great Crusade. They believe the Protectorate has spent too much time putting enemies to the sword and not enough time encouraging conversion. Further, they are more accepting of variations in doctrinal purity, so long as the worship of Menoth comes first.
The most vocal and ardent advocates of this approach are the members of the Order of the Wall, although they are not alone—many other ordinary priests share this opinion. Some have
risked life and limb to travel abroad and spread the Sul-Menite faith, a dangerous activity when missionaries are invariably suspected of being foreign spies for a hostile government due to the warlike stance of the Protectorate of Menoth. These missionaries’ courage is undisputed, even if detractors consider them too soft on unbelievers. An unpredictable factor in the politics of the Protectorate, the Harbinger of Menoth lends strength and conviction to this movement even if she is not a member. She is emblematic of its central purpose, having made it a priority to seek conversion, although she focuses more on uniting the Menite faithful than persuading those of other faiths.

Hierarch Severius himself is sometimes presented as an Exemplar of this cause. Missionaries draw inspiration from tales of his past, when his travels into Khador resulted in thousands of northerners converting to the orthodoxy of the Sul-Menite Temple. Similarly, Severius willingly endures the proximity of Morrowans in Llael so long as they heed ancient Temple doctrine and attend obligatory Menite services.
>>
>>46946521
why do you say "nerf"?
because it costs 2? because it has to be a "basic" attack? the range? something else?
>>
>>46947285
Yeah if Gastonne keeps his bonus for taking a Vanguard then it isn't much of a downside.

If anything ALL juniors should get a discount on a WJ.
>>
>>46960143
It's actually kind of a buff, thus the increased cost.

The basic attack aspect lets you make ranged attacks with it now.
>>
>>46947580
derpderpderpderp
>>
>>46951805
Yerp behemoth is xboxhueg now.
Which is why he is gon cost upwards of 80dorrar, and all things being great when he gets shipped to yuropoor he'll cost 80yurodrorrars which is actually more than 80 yankee dorrar.

Not too upset though, the aussies get it worse. They might have to sell their car to get the new bahamoth.
>>
>>46958497
some people have fetishes?
>>
>>46960139
I would like to thank you for your wisdom, great scholar.
>>
>>46960214

looks like it's back to riding roos to work aussiebros
>>
>>46960234

there's more in there about how idrians fit into the society and stuff too, here's a link to the book

vk com/doc127837161_268819806?hash=1104e7b3b4a44b4136&dl=2ebd56fc13bbe12c60
>>
>>46960290
>vk com/doc127837161_268819806?hash=1104e7b3b4a44b4136&dl=2ebd56fc13bbe12c60
thx bruh
>>
Gotta admit them are some chunky looking card decks.
I bet they are going to cost a bomb too.
Like the new design, could have been even more ergonomic and used more space for useful stuff, but still it's better than mk2 cards.

Hungerford mentioned it somewhere, that is character restrictions leads to OP characters in every list, the PP has a plan...
In your honest and free speaking opinion what does this imply?
>>
>>46960558
They cost 20 bucks apiece
>>
>>46960558
>I bet they are going to cost a bomb too.

$17 I think?

>In your honest and free speaking opinion what does this imply?

I think update packs every 6 months or something
>>
>>46960558
PPs plan for OP characters? notice the 2016v1 on all the new cards?
If something is OP; BAM card errata straight up in the face.
I would recommend NOT spamming your favourite OP character if you don't want him to get his legs broken by an untimely errata.
>>
>>46960558
>In your honest and free speaking opinion what does this imply?

First of all, just look at Eiryss2's new card. She used to be auto-include in any army that could take her, now she isn't auto-include but is still super fighty for her points and fills an interesting niche. There is no reason to forbid someone from taking her in both their lists, especially when for all of Mk2 you saw the Squire taken in 101% of Cygnar lists, just as one example.

The fact that cards also now include a year and version number implies they have plans to actively release new versions of cards to correct balance issues, probably as errata. They certainly showed an increasing willingness to do this as Mk2 neared it's end.
>>
Just checking the preorders stuff on discount games:
Looks like it's time to purchase dem Mk2 token sets now, because the Mk3 token sets are the same thing, but with less markers.
souls and corpses are separate.
fire + corrosion + disruption again separate.
knockdown + blind + shadow bind + stationary, yet another purchase.

you gonna be down about 50 bucks worth of tokens.
>>
>>46960779
she might still be auto-include, we don't know how her cost compares to everyone else
>>
>>46960818
There's no possible way she is, combat solos as a rule don't see ubiquitous play because not every list demands them. The reason she was auto-include previously was because she did something nobody else could do and your opponent could do fuck all about it if they weren't packing very specific tools to kill her early.
>>
>>46960893
if for 6 points she's undercosted and that badass she'll be included because she's better than 6 points in your army, unless she's balanced which we don't know yet.
>>
>>46960899
Look at the costing of the other stuff that's been spoiled. Unless all of that stuff is also undercosted then she isn't.
>>
>>46960957
It actually is possible they're only showing undercosted things.

You wouldn't advertise your new version with the shitty models that are going to piss people off.
>>
>>46960893
yes. She had that mekanical intolerance thing, where her mere presence would prevent focus allocation.

She has disruption though, for some factions that effect is rare, although as noted above disruption tokens are in a generic effects pack, so maybe disruption will become much more widespread and not just a cygnar tool ?
>>
>>46961060
She also used to have no-questions-asked upkeep+animi removal, which on it's own would be crazy good (esp for Cygnar, who didn't have upkeep removal as a faction before Haley3), but she ALSO stripped all the focus off warcasters which would outright win you some games if you could pass the arduous test of hitting their caster with your Spd7, Rat9, 12" range, Pathfinder solo.
>>
>That feel when you lose a piece so you tell PP that it wasn't in the pack
;^)
>>
>>46961489
I'm sure we've all done that
>>
File: Optifex.jpg (852 KB, 850x2268) Image search: [Google]
Optifex.jpg
852 KB, 850x2268
>>46960992

As I have understood it, you take the old points, double it and go from there.
The Slayer is a good example, it used to cost 6p a piece , and would therefore cost 12p now. As it turns out its price is now 10p, which would be 5p in the old points.
Eiryss was about 3p in mrk2 right? And now should cost 6p, and she does, smack on the money. She is therefore priced as a more valuable asset than he slayer, staying on 100% of her original cost.
I have yet to see anyone go above their original cost, so this is pure speculations, but it might even be so that nothing is valued over double its mrk2 cost. After this we will see rules change and straight out nerfs to get things in line. We also see this in Eiryss, as people has stated, she used to be an auto include because of here use, and now is more specific (still good though, Ill give you that) and tied to a combat role.
So, while the Slayer was lowered in cost, he also gained the "hard head" ability, respectively buffing his combat ability. Eiryss was nerfed and still kept her full points cost.
I have high hopes on Privateer Press to make a real good job balancing this game, so that every unit is viable now, and that certain synergies can still be a thing.
>>
>>46963316
Colossals approximately tippled
>>
>>46963572
You might want to learn how to numbers.

Conquest went from 19 to 37. Mountain king went from 20 to 36. Does that look like they "tippled" to you?
>>
>>46963572
only when they have a couple of drinks too many.
>>
>>46963628
Last I heard from a PP primecast was something to the effective of "Colossals haven't quadrupled in PC, more like 3.083333"
>>
>>46963879
>>46963628
Nvm

"I've done a bit of fact checking in the last couple days and I want to correct a couple things we have said recently. We are all very excited here and sometimes things get said that are not quite gospel. Such as in the midst of a podcast. It comes from an honest place, sharing our excitement for this new game with you.

That said, the cost of the Conquest is not four times the cost of a Juggernaut. It is more like three times... Well, actually it is more like 3.083333333333333 times."
>>
>>46963879
except he was comparing it the the Khador Jugg and not itself.
>>
>>46960223
Fetishes? No idea whatcha talkin bout, yet i double my question: anybody knows where can i find a decent proxy for Griffons?
>>
>>46964129
No proxies allowed, go buy the actual model and convert if you can't handle the grifons manly pecks
>>
File: topbanana.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
topbanana.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>46964206
see, I told ya; fetishes. Fetishes everywhere.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1450223919791.jpg (16 KB, 369x383) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1450223919791.jpg
16 KB, 369x383
>>46964612
Welcome to The Internet?
>>
>>46951805
>behemoth
>surprised when its fuckhuge
>>
>>46964107 see
>>46963901
>>
>>46964206
Screw you, Leather Man.
And your goddamned workout griffon bodies.
I will find it on my own then, you goddamned gay-birdman thing.
>>
File: niggercrows.jpg (177 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
niggercrows.jpg
177 KB, 500x357
>>46965511
pic related

Nah but srsly, I'm sure you'll find something if gay buffed bird men aren't your thing.
Una seems to like it though.
>>
>>46965511

Do you not like warp wolves or satyrs either? They're well sculpted animal men with different feet and heads.
>>
>>46965677
Look, personally i wouldnt mind using the birds on pic releated. They are totally badass.
Una likes GRIFFONS, not half-naked men wearing bird masks with fake wings.
>>
>>46965846
They seem to be somewhat okay. Griffins however are fucking terrific.
>>
CRYX PLAYERS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>KNIGHTS NERF
>DENEGHRA NERF
>>
>>46966630
Not nerfs. Balancing.
>>
>>46966630
Also McThrall nerf, although barely, and a wraith engine buff.
>>
>>46966670
>>46966630
Source? How badly are they all getting hit?
>>
>>46966630
source?
>>
File: jfMhVdQqERHIp.jpg (37 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
jfMhVdQqERHIp.jpg
37 KB, 400x300
>>46966645
>This much denial
>>
>>46966687
>>46966685
http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-04-28-2016
>>
>>46966688
I don't play cryx.
All of the changes seem reasonable to me. Banes are still going to be good, just not SPAM MORE BANES like they used to be.
McThralls were also way too good for point cost. The -2 pow on combo strike means they have a much harder time threaten jacks.
>>
>>46966630
Eh, we're getting new waifu instead and if Thralls stay good, Knights are acceptable casualty.
>>
>>46966685
>>46966687
Probably common sense.
>>
>>46966698
All reasonable changes and shifts. Cryx should be fun to play against, not the undeniable top dog of all factions forever
>>
>>46966685
New insider. Mcthralls lost a point of pow off their fists, though they still have combo strike. The Wraith Engine is now just straight up incorporeal and once per turn when it kills a living warrior model you get a free machine wraith.

Bane thralls are now bane warriors and no longer have stealth, but gained ghostly, bane knights lost weapon master and gained brutal charge. Curse also no longer gives threat range.
>>
>>46966733
>undeniable top dog of all factions forever
but that's legion
>>
>>46966741
>>46966698
The only things about this that bother me are the Bonejacks getting their DEF nerfed and the Skarlock changes. Bonejacks already go down to a couple of boosted shots from guns with a reasonable POW, and with Power Up those boosts are easier to afford. Skarlocks definitely needed reigning in a bit, but given how easy they are to kill, I don't see much point in bringing them now - they'll get off one offensive spell and then die. But to be honest, I hate the model anyway, so won't be too upset about ditching it for something else.

Banes definitely needed slapping around with the nerfbat though, so that at least is good to see.
>>
Don't forget guys that the Deneghra nerf means that they changed how SPD affects you.
>>
> Bane Warriors (previously known as Bane Thralls but changed after we realized “Thrall” was one theme and “Bane” was another),the Bane Warriors traded Stealth for Ghostly and recosted accordingly. At the same time, we identified Bane Warriors as the heavy damage dealers of the Bane army. By trading Weapon Master for Brutal Charge, we reduced the damage output of Bane Knights so they would now only gain +2 damage on the charge. This kept them potent on a RNG 2, P + S 12 attack without overshadowing the Banes.Another piece in the puzzle was removing the movement benefit of Curse.
>Mechanithralls We reduced their DEF to 11 We also reduced the POW of their Steamfists by 1, slightly reducing their damage output even as they retained their two attacks and potent Combo Strike
>Bile Thralls were also substantially changed in the new editions. We eventually settled on limiting the purge to an SP 8 template that would automatically hit every model touched by the template
>Crippling Grasp no longer stops models from running, charging, or performing power attacks (although her feat still maintains these prohibitions). Her feat itself no longer affects the FOCUS or FURY stats
>Crippling grasp can only be cast once per activation
>Lord Exhumator Scaverous received Knowledge of the Damned, which states, “When a model in its control range makes an attack or damage roll, this model can spend a soul token to cause that model to reroll that roll. Each roll can be rerolled only once due to Knowledge of the Damned.”
>The Skarlock Thrall,underwent some significant changes. The Spellslave special rule has lost the ability to cast Upkeep spells
> the Wraith Engine now produces Machine Wraiths. Soul Bondage states, “Once per round when a living enemy warrior model is boxed while within 2˝ of this model, you can remove the boxed model from play and replace it with a Machine Wraith solo.” Furthermore, it has flat-out gained Incorporeal and been bumped up to SPD 7
>>
>>46966805
Yeah but that bonejack is 6 points.
>>
>>46966805
Yeah, but bonejacks are cheap as chips now, deathripperf cost as much as a good solo now.
>>
>>46966741
>Bane Warriors traded Stealth for Ghostly
this doesn't worry me
>and recosted accordingly.
>"accordingly"
this does
>>
>>46966840
The points reduction isn't enough to afford a third Bonejack though. I know Cryx needed nerfs, but it's just a bit disappointing for our first real load of spoilers to be a list saying "This got worse, this got worse, this got worse but it's a little cheaper now, but hey, we buffed the giant expensive Battle Engine that no-one bought".

It's for the good of the game in the long run, but it does put a dampener on my spirits a bit.
>>
>>46966904
I expect all the big expensive models that didn't sell well to get power bumps.
>>
>>46966904
>The points reduction isn't enough to afford a third Bonejack though.
Denny has +28, you can afford four and still have spare.
>>
>>46966933
You can actually take most of her old battle box for free now
>>
>>46966630

Last I heard, playing Cryx in the mrk3 age of forcing players to bring a quarter of your list as Jacks, is a nerf in its own right.
Free focus and all, but they are still Cryx Jacks and they will take away from points spent elsewhere.
Other than this, Privateer Press is balancing the shit out of this game, so imagine a Cryx book where no single unit is vastly superior to the rest. Its that simple, they have scaled down some, and buffed some, to get a more even spread. Same goes with the casters, now in mrk3 you will be able to pick and play which ever Caster you personally like without the knowledge that 1-3 are super great and the rest is utter shit.
They will all have their own thing going, and some casters will be better at some jobs than others (smaller and larger games for instance).

So, get your "oh noes, I must change the way I play, and can no longer abuse the rules" mindset, and get used to play what ever the fuck you find cool!
>>
>>46967047
If the cost of the other bonejack stayed the same, her group would cost 1 point. That's pretty damn sweet. I'm curious to see what Nightmare does in mk3, or what they did with Gaspy2
>>
I wonder if the bile thrall purge will still be at pow 12?
>>
Fucking finally they did something right.
>>
>>46967081
>Last I heard, playing Cryx in the mrk3 age of forcing players to bring a quarter of your list as Jacks, is a nerf in its own right.
Joke is on them, Mortenebra mai waifu.
DJ & 12+ Deathrippers under Terminal Velocity is gonna be fun.
>>
>>46967136

Ah fuck... My mates Troll list will ravage my army once again. Fucking hate the "duh.. only have like 5-6 speed on the card, but all our buffs, melee range and pure bullshit puts us on a effective threat range of 17+ Inches!" Troll-thing.
Before I could just get a arc node in there, toss a de-buff and it was me, actually having a chance of getting the Alpha. Alas, no more it seems.
>>
>>46967184

>12 death rippers
>12 free focus

I legit hope Nemo can still pull focus from his jacks during his activation. Will be so hilarious
>>
>>46967192
You're assuming trolls won't get the same treatment at Cryx. You're mistaken
>>
>>46967184

If she still has that spell, and if that spell still does what it did.

You know, people on these forums take to much for granted. You get a fraction of a sentence and you have already decided things will go apeshit, because you already spelled out the words.
Personally, I think most things in this game will have a much more specific combat roles and be much more viable as an option to almost any list. I think more though has been put in to on how to outsmart your opponent in terms of "Rock, Paper, Scissor" gameplay. Some lists will dominate others, and vise versa, because they where designed to take care of just that, but over all we will have greater success with varied lists (no "same infantry" spam).
>>
So are they gonna nerf the Erthubreakah or make all the Rhulic heavies better? Personally, I hope for the latter.
>>
>>46967335
hopefully both desu
>>
>>46967335

Probably the latter desu, earthbreaker was them testing the waters on how a colossal COULD be and its fun as fuck, it's just bad because it's the only such option in its faction. If you make the other jacks better, earthbreaker isn't necessarily bad design
>>
>>46967192
Really it's mostly Doomy2-thing than troll-thing.
>>
>>46967274
Even if it doesn't, Light Jacks at 6pts a pop with one free Focus means I can run into any kind of zone contest on Slams alone.
As for the overall picture, sure it might not turn into one unit spam, more likely to become two or three unit spams.

But hey, I'm not buying anything until we have the whole picture, so leave me to my baseless speculations.
>>
>>46967357
Are they going to make Searforge [spoler]great again?
>>
What's the crossed swords icon on Denny?
>>
>>46967516
Nerf'd
>>
>>46967516
I assume Parry.
>>
>>46967516
Parry.
>>
>>46967516
combined melee
>>
>>46966698
>The removal of wreck markers

Fuck. I play Morty so I've got about six of them.
>>
>>46961210
Such a hard arduous test....

I'm winder if Eiryss1 will have disruptor bolt in its current incarnation?

Also loving these Cryx nerfs. I might even play them again.
>>
>>46966838
>The Skarlock Thrall,underwent some significant changes. The Spellslave special rule has lost the ability to cast Upkeep spells

It's the Cyclops Shaman/Legion situation all over again. Stupid OP dragon factions get the nerf hammer swung at them to keep them from compounding their OP dragon faction tools and it hits Skorne right in the on-table resource budget.
>>
Soles also confirmed that thralls have a melee range of 1''. Like we didn't know it already.
>>
>revenant crew now return d3 grunts every turn during the maintenance if they have fewer models in play then they started the game with
seems like a decent buff.
Maybe cryx will play like the old fluff and be a bunch of pirates with zombie support instead of the other way around (although I suppose revenant crew are also zombies)
>>
>>46968092
Mechanithralls are a book older than Revenants though.
>>
>>46967250
Troll +
>Krielstone unchanged
>Warders getting shield guard
>Champs getting steady when in B2B
>Snacking no longer requires the snacker to be injured

Troll -
>can only tough when not knocked down.

Seems alright so far. Good luck finding a new crutch, cryx-baby
>>
>>46968092
Sauce?
>>
>>46966776
it is now. Until the Legion nerf train pulls up in the station.
>>
File: 20160122_224559.jpg (5 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160122_224559.jpg
5 MB, 5312x2988
>>46968189
I'm actually a huge Troll player. I even share my paint jobs occasionally.

Anyone who thinks their faction isn't going to get the nerf bat is foolish. I expect trolls will get a lot of changes and shifts sideways just like Cryx has.

If we don't I'll be genuinely surprised and a little shocked. There isn't a ton of broken shit in Trolls but I expect things like Mulg to get a stern looking at.
>>
File: 1461634184703.jpg (171 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1461634184703.jpg
171 KB, 640x640
>bane knights unchanged (statisticslly speaking, they loose huge dice spikes tho)
>bane thralls recieve side grade and 1" reach

Okay, fine.
>>
>>46968310

>bane Knights get +2 damage on charge only instead of +D6 at all times

>bane thralls can be shot easily and don't get a speed boost from curse now
>side grade

Get outta here Mike
>>
>>46968310
Banes are
>recosted accordingly
I'm pretty sure they will end up unplayable.
>>
>>46968351
An extra D6 is a +3 on average, now that they are based 12 instead of 11 it is evened out when they charge. After that? Yes, a deserved nerf.
>>
>>46968351
With all of the terrain changes coming down the pipe Ghostly is stupid good. Way better than stealth now
>>
>>46968108
satyxis are in prime.
And I'm referencing d20 fluff
>>46968220
the insider discussion thread ~ page 4
>>
Leviathans are apparently becoming ROF: D3. Which is...awkward. How do you know how much focus to allocate to them? I really don't like how many D3's they're putting into MK3, it's going to make planning your turn out an absolute nightmare.
>>
>>46968733
In MK4 we will be rolling what Feat and Spells each Warcaster has.
>>
>>46968411

...are you really expecting banes to be hiding out in forests now because you can't toe in?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1461877085740.jpg (24 KB, 1081x240) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1461877085740.jpg
24 KB, 1081x240
Get wrecked even harder Cryx fags
>>
>>46968733

Welcome to die. Also just aim I guess.
>>
>>46968783
No, but they now ignore the forests because they have ghostly. There's going to be a lot more terrain on the table in Mk3 and any amount of terrain mitigation is huge. Bane Warriors now do that without any help from outside sources.

Any defense buffs you get are just gravy
>>
>>46968386

Average of D6 is 3.5
>>
>>46968840
And due to the way damage is calculated it is a very good approximation to just count extra damage dice as "+4" for quick calculations.
>>
>>46968833

>way more terrain

That doesn't mean rough terrain, they just don't want two forests, two walls and a hill being a set piece battle for every match.

Banes are now stormguard tier easy to kill which is great
>>
>>46968858

+3.5 isn't all that difficult.

>>46968833
>Cryx
>defense buffs
>>
>>46968865

I see "Loose screen of reach infantry won't keep them off your 'heavies anymore", anon.
>>
>>46968865
Having been running the play test for a while now I can tell you that 8 pieces of rough terrain is coming your way. Expect lots more on the table

>>46968887
>Cryx
>defense buffs
Yeah, you know, from the terrain you'll be standing in since you have ghostly and don't care if forests slow you down?
>>
>>46968887
>+3.5 isn't all that difficult.
But incorrect.
>>
>>46968894

Yeah they will, you need to be able to place them within 1" of the heavy at spd 5.
>>
>>46968909

4 isn't the average or even the median result of D6.

>>46968908

Here's your (You)
>>
>>46968934
>Here's your (You)
Thanks? I guess? Is this supposed to mean something?
>>
>>46968934
>4 isn't the average or even the median result of D6.
Every kid knows that. It is however a good approximation for the worth of an additional D6 on a damage roll with a negative modifier (which armor cracking infantry will have most of the time).
>>
>>46968960
He's implying you're a troll fishing for lots of angry replies. I don't know why.
>>
>>46968985

Having a negative modifier doesn't make you more likely to roll a 4 than a 3. Don't round it.
>>
>>46968792
I mean, whatever. I havent casted excarnate in months thanks to my meta. Im more interested in what this means for Gaspy2's feat. Im also a lot mad that i cant charge my own models anymore, but can still slam them?? Por que?
>>
>>46969040
Do the math. Stochastics is not always obvious.
>>
>>46969097

>13 - 6 = 7
>13.5 - 6 = 7.5
>14 - 6 = 8

?
>>
>>46969097

Either you know something interesting or you're confusing the average roll of 7 on 2d6 for a 4 for some reason
>>
>>46969042
Butcher 3, tk casters
>>
>>46969182
>>46969310
Well fuck my excel is acting up, so I don't have the numbers to back it up. So here is the problem with calculating the average of 4D6-10 as 4*3.5-10=4. The game doesn't work that way, because you cannot deal negative damage. Your damage in this case is really 4D6-10[min=0].

So calculating it that way is not going to work at all. It's really easy to illustrate with the following case: How much damage does a POW10+4D6 attack deal against ARM 24 on average? Calculating 4*3.5-14=0 does not lead to the correct answer.

Instead you have to multiply the damage assigned to each possible result (so for example 1 for a rolled 15) with the likelyness of that number (140/1296 for 15). Then add all of those results up and you get the actual result.
>>
>>46969445

Okay so you're thinking more about the actual sum damage in the result rather than the literal die roll.

It's the same principle as why the average damage of 2d6-7 is 1. It doesn't necessarily mean the average of 2d6 is 8, which was my point.

We might have been talking about a bit different things but you raise a valid point.
>>
WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME DENNY'S FEAT WORKED ON FOCUS?!
>>
>>46969567
Yeah, that seems right. Though I think my actual numbers are off. Now if only my software would allow me to correct it.
>>
File: 1434574306554.png (348 KB, 586x586) Image search: [Google]
1434574306554.png
348 KB, 586x586
>>46969618
Because you never played against her?
>>
>>46969618
Don't get used to it.
>>
>>46969632
>>46969718
I've been playing cryx since Mk1...
>>
>>46969618
Are you incapable of reading it yourself?
>>
>>46969618
Don't worry anon, maybe they'll change it back in MkIV
>>
>>46969982
It depends if she doesn't sell enough.
>>
>>46966825
New bread

>>46966825
>>46966825
>>46966825
>>46966825
>>
>>46970011
We're not even close to bump limit.
>>
>>46969982
Mk IV Denny Feat will read something along the lines of:

For each enemy model in control roll three dice and apply the following effects:
1: - 2 SPD
2: - 2 RAT / -2 MAT
3: -2 STR
4: - 2 ARM
5: -2 Focus (if applicable) / - 2 CMD
6: can't charge and must only move backwards
>>
>>46970066

You also can't find this thread in the catalogue by searching for Warmahordes so fuck it
>>
>>46968279
Nah,the main problem with Mulg is that other troll heavies are kinda meh. 1" melee range by default already makes other heavies look better in comparison.
>>
>>46967335
Probably both, Erfbeakuh would require sweeping changes to be brought in line with as-is Rhulic heavies, and they haven't been doing sweeping changes, they've been tweaking two to three rules/stats and adjusting point costs.
>>
Skarlock is pretty much worthless now. Doesn't have the caster's good ability score, doesn't have the spells you want it to, I don't care the cost, the point was an arc node that didn't use your focus
>>
I thought they were trying to make similar units MORE different from each other

Why do we have two ghostly banes now instead of one with stealth and one without?
>>
>>46972882
Because Stealth on Banes was evidently judged to be way too fucking good.
>>
>>46972575
>Waah, I can no longer cast my incredible spells, for free, with no downside!
>Waah, I can only now put up 4 cost upkeeps for free without activating my caster! This is bullshit!
>>
>>46973563
>non-upkeeps
Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.