[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there no setting as OP as 40k?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
BattleTech can hold its own for a short time, but is quickly overwhelmed.

Epic D&D PCs can achieve parity with space marine captains and alpha-level psykers, but can never match the scale of 41st-millenium warfare.

Star Wars has the technology, but even the Sith lack the brutality of the Imperium of Man. (Same goes for Star Trek.)

Is there not one /tg/ setting that holds a candle to the insanely high 40k power levels?

(Anime has more luck, but Naruto certainly doesn't cut it!)
>>
>>46914268
>but Naruto certainly doesn't cut it!)
Actually, uh... Naruto kind of fought on the moon and sliced it in half and stuff.

As for a /tg/ setting look at Scion or Exalted.
>>
Perhaps the covenant from halo but only against weaker 40k characters like tau and IG
>>
>>46914268
Touhou has some ridiculously fucking OP characters. Someone like Yuka or Yukari might be on par with, if not more powerful than the Emperor.
>>
>>46914268
This is a spergy thread, and you should feel spergy
>>
>>46914320
>weaker
>IG

Nice bait
>>
Star Trek has magical technology. You say the word "tachyons", you can achieve anything with anything.

40k has shitloads of bullets? "mumble mumble tachyon bullet shields" Space Marines have shitloads of power amor? "mumble mumble tachyon power dissipator" Tyranids have infinite numbers? "mumble mumble tachyon anti-biological entropy field"
>>
>>46914268
Marvel has tabletop games, and therefore has a /tg/ setting.
Marvel has characters that are canon that could wipe out multiple universes on a whim.

Then again, being able to lord the overpoweredness of a fictional character or setting over others is almost universally a sign of poor or lazy writing.
>>
>>46914296
>Actually, uh... Naruto kind of fought on the moon and sliced it in half and stuff.
And? Planet-killers are a dime a dozen in 40k. You'll need more to impress me than an unbound daemonhost.

>As for a /tg/ setting look at Scion or Exalted.
Ah, didn't think of Exalted (it isn't my forte). Never heard of Scion before, though.

>>46914320
The Covvies regularly lost land battles to a force that was inferior to the Imperial Guard in every way (save leadership), even when the Spartans weren't around. And the Tau specialize in the exact weapons technology that Covenant shields are weak against...
>>
Clearly you have never been cultured
>>
We discussed this not long ago. Basically 40k is nothing compared to things like Total Annihilation or Supreme Commander due to von Neumann warfare.
>>
>>46914540
>Ah, didn't think of Exalted (it isn't my forte). Never heard of Scion before, though.
Tl;dr, one Elder Exalt would utterly destroy the entirety of 40k. Chaos Gods included. And they're not even the strongest in Exalted.

And Scion makes Exalts look like pussies.
>>
File: 1385115393506.jpg (443 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1385115393506.jpg
443 KB, 1280x960
>>46914268
>Is there not one /tg/ setting that holds a candle to the insanely high 40k power levels?

The Culture
The Xeelee
This bastard son of a bitch, pic related
>>
The homebrew setting I made in the 90s had people moving stars around to raise the property values.
>>
Time Wizards or LOS MAGOS DEL TIEMPOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (37 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
37 KB, 500x312
>>46914564
Do not
fuck with
the commander
>>
>>46914268
Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I’m not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I’m not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I’m not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano’o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu.
>>
>>46914268
40K falls flat in every aspect of large scale space combat.
>>
I think PlanetSide can take on 40k. They are fighting wars where manpower is unlimited and a death just means respawning a bit later
>>
>>46914614
A Time Wizard on a corgi.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (115 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
115 KB, 1280x720
>>46914268
The Culture

Minds ain't nothing to mess with

Also TA and SupCom

It takes a dedicated ForgeWorld decades or centuries to build a Titan depending on the class

It takes a competent Aeon commander with a decent base 5 minutes to make a Galactic Colossus experimental

So in closing: Don't fuck with post scarcity societies
>>
>>46914466
The Federation is technologically superior to The Imperium, it is true; but they lack the guts to fight on the Imperium's terms.

Kirk and Picard would rather die than condemn a million innocents to death, whereas any Inquisitor worth his hat would kill billions without hesitation if duty demanded it.

Also...
>mumble mumble archeotech tachyon neutralizer...
>>
File: corecom.jpg (162 KB, 640x265) Image search: [Google]
corecom.jpg
162 KB, 640x265
>>46914564
>>46914609
Please proceed to internment camp B4 for immediate patterning citizen.

It's for your own good.
>>
>>46914564
I'm gonna agree with this guy on The Culture. The whole point of The Culture was basically to see how far you could stretch the idea of advanced technology and then stretch it way more.
>>
File: madara.jpg (575 KB, 1205x1032) Image search: [Google]
madara.jpg
575 KB, 1205x1032
>>46914642
>>
>>46914320
>IG
>Weak
The individual infantry units are a bit weaker than the Covie's, but they more than make up for it by being able to drown them in bodies. Also, fucking baneblades and titans.
>>
>>46914669
Plastic Man could probably fuck him up, but Plastic Man is bullshit.
>>
>>46914614
>>46914669
Is this some new meme I'm unaware of?
>>
>>46914647
>It takes a competent Aeon commander with a decent base 5 minutes to make a Galactic Colossus experimental
Give any commander, any faction, 30 minutes unmolested from any attacks and they're poised to start shitting out fatboys, monekylords, collosi, and Ytholna by the dozen every half minute. Give them an hour, and their base is the size of a forge world and can produce experimentals as fast as a single factory can produce mech marines.

God help you if they can build Paragons.

>>46914662
No fuck off; UEF has a better aesthetic.
>>
File: 1451872201830.jpg (61 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
1451872201830.jpg
61 KB, 450x338
>>
>>46914706
Cybran>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else
>>
>>46914614
>so much weaboo
>>
>>46914745
>not knowing about dank memes
>>
>>46914741
>tfw spending hours in singleplayer skirmish designing aesthetic blueprints for all the factions so that you could be somewhat fluff-friendly in MP with beautiful bases
>tfw glorious modular bases
>>
>>46914741
UEF > Seraphim > Aeon > Cybran

Deal with it you edgy triangle nerd.
>>
>>46914796
>He doesn't love FREEEDOM and sexy Russian accents
>>
>>46914706
You don't know beauty until you have seen with your own eyes the surface of Core Prime. Its surface covered in metal domes that hum away with unimaginable processing power. The giant exhaust ports glowing cherry red carrying away the heat from deep inside the planet generated from the workings of Central Consciousness. Every feature dimensionally perfect down to the micronmeter, every "hill" and "valley" shaped in such a way to serve a purpose.
>>
Dragonball Z
>>
>>46914704
>New
>>
>>46914813
>he doesn't love TRADITION and sexy Euro-Merican accents
>>
Marvel Universe
Even when not counting things like Thanos, Galactus, Phoenix, and Silver Surfer, superheros OP. Hulk, Thor, Sentry, Dr. Doom, the Vision, Dr. Strange. Each of these people would be a major threat.

Total Annihilation and its babies.
There is no explanation for this. The standard infantry is like 20m tall, armor composed of a single molecule covering the hole thing and gives amazing protection, materialized out of thin air and can gain full army numbers in a couple hours

Dr. Who Daleks and Timelords would likely be devastating if a consistent power level could be managed. Time travel and manipulation, crazy weaponry, and tech that is pretty much straight magic. A single Tardis can be a major threat to an entire world.

Lovecraft Universe
If the Mi-Go or Eldar Things decided to go full on invasion most 40k forces are fucked. This is assuming they don't invoke Yog-Sothoth for magics.
>>
>>46914823
>domes
Fucking dropped; everyone knows that polyhedra are superior.
>>
>>46914854
>in a couple hours
30 minutes*

The PDF of whatever world a commander landed on wouldn't be able to muster its forces within 30 minutes (unless it landed in a hive), let alone the Imperium.
>>
File: deathbattle_madara_vs_steven.jpg (274 KB, 750x421) Image search: [Google]
deathbattle_madara_vs_steven.jpg
274 KB, 750x421
Don't get me wrong, I unironically enjoy Naruto. But even at the endgame level their power level still couldn't really compare to the sheer amount of shit that 40k can throw at them.

Could Jyuubi Jinchukkri Uchicha Madara take a couple hundred space marines? probably. could Uchicha Madara take the entire planet exploding? Even if he could, he can't exactly travel FTL anyway.
>>
>>46914854
>Lovecraft Universe

That's kind of cheating because literally everyone is fucked in that universe. All you have to do is wait for Azathoth to wake up from his dream and the entirety of the Imperium, Eldar, Warp, Necrons, Tau, Tyranids and Orks would just immediately cease to exist.
>>
>>46914860
It's actually both I think. Most surface features on Core Prime are polygonal except for Central Consciousness and this one other computer called I think "Strategic Cluster" which is probably responsibe for war.
>>
>>46914891
>implying

Things actually are not that hopeless in Lovecraft. Sure azathoth can wake up at any moment but he might not wake up for billions of years. And when he does then poof, nothing.

Its a similar thing with 40k. If Khorne gets off his throne EVERYONE is dead. He could do it tomorrow, he could do it long after humanity is a distant memory
>>
>>46914885
Nigger a space marine will die if stabbed with a bayonet. Yeah man real "overpowered"
>>
>>46914560
>nobilis tho
>>
File: Guts red.jpg (199 KB, 1000x815) Image search: [Google]
Guts red.jpg
199 KB, 1000x815
He can take on a Space Marine.

His sworn nemesis can take on a Primarch.
>>
>>46914885
I've always thought the whole Madara posting was just memery. I mean he was retardedly powerful but Kaguya would pretty much wreck him. And the protags managed to asspull their way past HER.

>>46914880
Also except for the commander and their ACU literally every other asset is built on site from native resources and is disposable. So even if the IoM gets an Exterminatus fleet in orbit as long as the commander gates out literally nothing of value is lost
>>
File: okay.jpg (51 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
okay.jpg
51 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>46914466
You wouldn't even need to do that. Power Armor would be worse than useless against Phasers it just makes you a bigger target.
>>
>>46914974
I wonder what kind of orbital and interstellar infrastructure a commander has access to; I mean, he could always just gate in (and leave engineers in charge on previous worlds), but that seems inefficient.
>>
File: 4843189-4246534133-Mr_mx.jpg (426 KB, 1024x1434) Image search: [Google]
4843189-4246534133-Mr_mx.jpg
426 KB, 1024x1434
The universal answer to "setting x is so OP that nothing can beat them" is Mr. mxyzptlk and/or Q.
>>
>>46915015
Well we know for certain that quantum gate is designed for large space crafts to rapidly traverse the galaxy. I've always assumed that the little quantum gates sized for ACU and those little portable teleporter things all hook up to the same system.

Logically when colonising a new system they would send a seed ship to build a big orbital quantum gate and hook it up to the existing network then the rest of the colonising stuff can come through via the new gate.
>>
>>46914618
Actually, by relying on torpedoes and large-scale kinetic weapons at high speeds and extreme distances (at least in the fluff) 40K isn't all that far off the spectrum compared to most sci-fi settings that aren't hard sci-fi. It's still ridiculous, but most of the ridiculousness has some basis in reality.
>>
>>46915054
Well, since the Commander can be casted in without a receiving gate, we can assume they have some method of remote teleportation. Assuming that they still need to be somewhat near a primary gate, however, this could also include the ability for short range jumps, allowing for limited FTL.

Basically:
>commander builds a ship loaded with massgens and a jump system
>builds a bunch of these ships
>sends them fucking everywhere
>they open up into a quantum gate at the edge of the system
>unending tides of units pour onto unsuspecting worlds below, the war machine fueled by the commander's first victim, a planet-turned stellar forge, molecular assembler, and zero-point energy generator all in one
>>
>>46914955
>Nigger a space marine will die if stabbed with a bayonet.

If you stab it in the brain multiple times, and you first have to get close enough to them to do so and THEN get through the skull, all without the Space Marine just punching you through a wall and then literally ripping your head off your shoulders because they're superhumans.

One of the most dangerous things about Space Marines in the fluff is something they call Transhuman Dread. Basically, Space Marines move and fight way, way faster and harder than their biology would suggest just by looking at them. They can charge at like 30-something mph in full power armor, and they can still duck, bob, weave, and dodge their way through cover while moving at that rate, all while basically wearing a tank. Survivors who fought Space Marines said that the sight of them was terrifying because the human mind has an extremely hard time reconciling their incredible speed and agility with their size, mass, and strength.

Picture Usain Bolt sprinting at you dead-on, except Usain Bolt is the size of Shaq, is as proportionately ripped as The Rock, and is wearing a light tank. He's also hurdling obstacles you can barely climb over like he's not even there. Good luck getting that bayonet in there.
>>
File: changes.png (345 KB, 500x547) Image search: [Google]
changes.png
345 KB, 500x547
>>46915039
>Just as planned.
>>
>>46915139
I kind of doubt a commander can be sent to a destination without an orbiting receiving gate. It's more likely the receiving gate cannot refuse incoming traffic.

As for orbit to ground, presumably ACUs have a special device (probably part of their recall mechanism) that allows them to teleport directy to the surfac without emerging in orbit. I would think the region around the quantum gate will be extremely heavily defended by space asset to prevent hostile warships from jumping in.
>>
>>46914981

His battle fury taking him, the Khornate berserker cleaves through the pathetic servants of the Corpse Emperor. This hive world belongs to the Dark Gods now. The only thing that remains is to slaughter the last of the mewling peasants. This is the moment he relishes most, watching them as they despair before the blade of his axe tears them apart. The cultists are already preparing the rituals to bring this world into the warp, ensuring that a Daemon planet shall form.

"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!" He screams at the top of his lungs.

"Oi, can you keep it down please?" The chaos marine stands still for a moment, unable to comprehend the completely disinterested tone of whoever was speaking.

"COME OUT, RAT! I WILL CLEAVE YOU IN TWO AND-"

"I said keep it down." The owner of the voice steps out from an adjacent building. Once again, the chaos space marine is at a loss for himself. An ordinary looking, bald man looks at him with complete apathy. Even more bizarre is his attire, styled in a manner that the chaos space marine has never seen on a hive world before.

"YOUR COURAGE AMUSES ME! BUT I AM A CHAMPION OF KHORNE HIMSELF!"

"Don't you ever get tired of shouting? You're going to hurt your throat if you keep doing that."

This strange hive worlder's complete lack of fear begins to make the marine irritated.

"ENOUGH!" He swings his axe, eager to be rid of this annoyance. His axe connects, and...

There was a sound at first. A sonic boom as something displaces the air so quickly that it caused a roar to echo through the whole area. Bits of scrap metal and gore rain down from the sky. The hive worlder stands there, one arm extended, completely unharmed. Only a couple of red stains on the ground indicate that the marine ever existed at all.

"Hopefully the weather gets better soon..." The hive worlder mumbles as he looks at the crackling, warp-infused skies above him.
>>
>>46914955
Bruh, do you even service studs?
>>
>>46915327
some days we just get lucky on here.
>>
>>46914466

>"mumble mumble the warp"
>>
>>46914614

Stale pasta
>>
File: 1454284062606.png (53 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1454284062606.png
53 KB, 500x501
>>46914268
>BattleTech can hold its own for a short time, but is quickly overwhelmed
>>
>>46914268
Touhou and the Nasuverse come to mind, especially at the high levels of their power curve.
>>
>>46916616
Battletech warships are pretty damn decent.
But they don't have a lot of them, and their ground troops tend to be relatively small in number and only deployed around key points on a planet.
>>
Give the Hiigarans 10 minutes and an unattended warp-barge (With a functional gellar field to reverse engineer) and they'll crush 40k into paste.
>>
>>46917259
Hell, give them 10 minutes and a fully decked out warp-ship that is firing on them and they'll still reverse engineer their own version of everything they need to survive in 40k. And then crush the entire setting into paste, one fleet at a time.
>>
>>46915039
>implying mxyzptlk wouldn't get his ass handed to him by Mad Jim Jaspers
>>
File: Dems.jpg (44 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Dems.jpg
44 KB, 250x250
>>46914642

Seconding this.
>>
>>46914268
This is why no one likes 40Kids.
>>
>>46914268
That image, no, that whole post is pure distilled cancer.
>>
>>46915187
are those some birb tiddies?
>>
This thread reminds me of that giant fucking Exalted vs 40k shitstorm thread on the Giant in the Playground forums. I wonder if that's still up.
>>
>>46917804 here
Looks like it got archived. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-67751.html
>>
We've been through this topic before. The answer is always Scrooge McDuck.
>>
>>46914268
Warning: OT as fuck

Even if it's not a /tg/ setting, I always thought that the Borderlands setting is OP as W40k

Moonbeams, Digicostruct weapons, turrets, robots and vehicles in a few seconds, guns that shoot acid and swords who become smaller swords, sirens powers, vaults and vaults monster.
>>
File: doom_guy_.jpg (386 KB, 802x1400) Image search: [Google]
doom_guy_.jpg
386 KB, 802x1400
Is there a bad enough dude to take on the berserker packin man-and-a-half that defeated the forces of hell? Twice?
>>
>>46917867
If we consider that most badass feat of Doomguy was to die (see: end of episode 1), go to hell, kill everyone there and come back. Then there are several others who have done basically same thing. Hero of Painkiller (don't remember his name) being one example.
>>
>>46917927
A fair point. Should probably put Kratos on there too, but he's kind of a huge asshole who for everyone else's sake should've just stayed dead. Actually, that makes him fit into 40k quite well.
>>
>>46914268
The Culture, Xeelee Sequence, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Supreme Commander, Eve Online, Ringworld.
>>
>>46915327
Not enough character background exposition by the khornite.
8/10
>>
>>46914564
>>46914609
Came here to post a ACU. But I see you were already doing that. Well done /tg/

>>46914741
My fellow Cybro
>>
>>46914629
On a single planet... without any form of deep space vessels.
>>
>>46917867
The Last of the Metabarons would travel to Mars, bully doom marine, take his shotgun, travel to Terra and shove said shotgun up the Emperor's ass after killing every custodes.
>>
>>46914796
>not accepting Cybran supremacy
>playing the tutorial race because they look vaguely american in their aesthetic
>having the worst super units

Stay weak, you unaltered scum.
>>
>>46917259
>Not playing Vagyr
>not enjoying the best battle theme in all of the homeworld franchise
>>
>>46914966
Griffith is probably primarch level, considering he can bend space and time
>>
File: Bugs.jpg (218 KB, 1482x1000) Image search: [Google]
Bugs.jpg
218 KB, 1482x1000
*AHEM*
>>
File: karna.png (679 KB, 1204x1060) Image search: [Google]
karna.png
679 KB, 1204x1060
>>46914669
>>
File: 1266588612814.png (385 KB, 596x712) Image search: [Google]
1266588612814.png
385 KB, 596x712
What about seacats, especially Featherine? On a side note, Anshinin-san seems pretty OP too.
>>
>>46918303
>>having the worst super units
Don't you dare say shut about my land-battleshipfu and giant fuck-off arty.
>>
>>46914268

Strike Legion could chew up and spit out 40k.

It takes everything in it (and a few dozen other settings), and dials it up far beyond the valvrave threshold.

The Imperium's basic mook-tier unit are all space marine equivalent (stats all 1-ish) and their actual space marines are all Primarchs (stats all 4-ish).

The player characters have stats of 6-12. Underbarrel grenade launchers that can blow up planets. Infinite range energy weapons and infinite range aimhax. Battleship-killing relic laserblades.

The Empress is both awake and very active, and once retroactively erased a solar system. When her Horus Heresy happened, she crushed it.

Probably not too incorrect to consider it as being a "Golden Age of Humanity" version of 40k, in terms of bullshit.
>>
>>46914959
Nobilis is kinda cheating. It's like going who wins in an arm wrestling contest, the physical manifestation of arm wrestling who has complete control over his domain or a toddler?
>>
>>46914929
Also all hope is not lost in Lovecraft. Nobody knows what Yog-Sothoth is up to, and he is far more powerful than Azathoth.

>>46914966
>Guts can kill a space marine

Don't make me laugh.
>>
>star wars has the tech but lacks brutality
>entire world bombarded from orbit and reduced to slag, dooming an entire species, because its inhabitants said they didn't support the Empire

u wot m8
>>
>>46918303
I'm sorry, I can't hear you from the sound of my experimental artillery blowing your cyber ass to the stone age.
>>
File: latest[1].png (130 KB, 581x410) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
130 KB, 581x410
>>46918672
Medaka Box is cheating. It's higher levels literally run on bullshit, like the Contradictory Conjunction style.
>>
File: eyeinsane.jpg (94 KB, 434x461) Image search: [Google]
eyeinsane.jpg
94 KB, 434x461
E.Y.E is 40k but more confusing.

Pistols that take down aircraft, hackers that can control your brain, and men that can teleport inside you.

E.Y.E wins.
>>
>>46919219
>you gain brouzouf
>>
File: KzSt0k4Scms.jpg (132 KB, 610x943) Image search: [Google]
KzSt0k4Scms.jpg
132 KB, 610x943
>>46919091
What is Exterminatus extremis?
What is Great Scouring?
>>
>>46914966
As much as I love berserk. I dont know if Guts could take on a space marine, even in his berserk armor. A space marine would already be on or past his berserk level while having better arms, armor, and a clear head.
>>
File: Super_Tengen_Toppa_Size.jpg (189 KB, 960x701) Image search: [Google]
Super_Tengen_Toppa_Size.jpg
189 KB, 960x701
>>
>>46914648
I this something that is often forgotten about WH40K is the sheer scale of it all.

From a technology standpoint, yes, the federation would win.

But, that is based on the assumption that they wont be drowned in numbers. Enterprise can take on multiple imperial ships, but how many at once? What about necron? What about an Eldar ship with psykers? Would they continue fighting when the Imperium starts holding their own worlds hostage? "Power down invading heretical force or we will destroy these two agri worlds"
>>
>>46918437

This, This just needs to be expanded!

Summon the drawfags!
>>
>>46914268
>BattleTech can hold its own for a short time, but is quickly overwhelmed.
>>46916616

Funnily enough, imperial infantry will flashlight everything to death. Their guns are a notch better than Mauser IICs and they deploy them in larger units. I think they'd also hit a lot more often that BT infantry.

BT MEQs and fighters will walk all over their WH counterparts though.

>>46918282
Pretty much every Metabaron blew up at least one universe. The Eye of the Terror'd be a warmup run to them.
>>
File: 2016-04-26-08-20-29.png (232 KB, 525x398) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-26-08-20-29.png
232 KB, 525x398
>>46914268
I'd wager one or two characters could destroy the Imperium single handedly
>>
>>46914320
Forerunners laugh at 40K.
Hell, they laughed at 40K before they were really fleshed out.
>>
>>46919501
What came before the forerunners? The Progenitors, right?
>>
>>46919518
Yes, but the Forerunners killed almost all of the Progenitors.
Then the Progenitors became the Flood as a final "Fuck you".
>>
>>46919091
Bombarding worlds is fine. Using blood as paint, creating servitors and cherubims from people, deployment of Penitent engines, beauty of Chaos cultists are not.
WH40k fractions can provide a high level of psychological warfare compared to SW by not even trying.
>>
>>46914268
your tanks are shit
your setting has fucked up consistency
>>
File: 1331613747194.jpg (156 KB, 600x502) Image search: [Google]
1331613747194.jpg
156 KB, 600x502
>>46917259
>attempting to reverse engineer a gellar field
Well, I guess we don't even have to fight the Hiigarans; they'll just drive themselves insane trying to understand things which are by definition not understandable.
>This is the reason Enginseers need their religion to survive.

But let's assume that they can avoid the warp entirely with hyperdrive... They still lose by scale. The biggest ships in Homeworld are still only the size of the smallest ships in 40k.

>>46919501
>Forerunners laugh at 40K.
If Halo gets the Forerunners at the height of their power, then 40k gets War in Heaven-era Necrontyr.
>>
File: How to Lore.png (220 KB, 512x663) Image search: [Google]
How to Lore.png
220 KB, 512x663
>>46919518
>>46919562
Actually they were called Precursors not Progenitors
>>
>>46917259
>>46917314

I came to this thread to praise Sajuk

carry on
>>
File: X_Parasites.jpg (90 KB, 303x300) Image search: [Google]
X_Parasites.jpg
90 KB, 303x300
>>46914268
>tfw you will never ever see an X-Parasite singlehandedly infect the entire galaxy because of Chozo
>>
>>46914268
Strike Legion.
>>
>>46919501
I preferred them under Bungie's original vision, where they were just humans from Before
>>
File: 79a.png (23 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
79a.png
23 KB, 640x480
>>46914268
>Is there not one /tg/ setting that holds a candle to the insanely high 40k power levels?

Slavs
>>
>>46920655
I thought the precursors were the humans from before?
>>
>>46915327
> I love my job, the bloodletter thinks to himself, as he drags the Berserker's still screaming soul into the warp.
>>
File: aFv1D3UKtaY.jpg (44 KB, 600x629) Image search: [Google]
aFv1D3UKtaY.jpg
44 KB, 600x629
>>46920705
With your powers combined!
>>
>>46920998
>Nightlords
That's just insulting to the Slavs.
>>
>>46920655
In the Halo 3 terminals, it was heavily implied that they're a separate race.
>>
>>46914328
Underrated post
>>
>>46914614
I think I understood half of those words....maybe.
>>
>>46919735
>what is the blackwing virus
>what is Sith alchemy
>what is the Dark Trooper project
That last one would fuck up 40k troops something fierce: abominable intelligences and all.

>>46919262
The fact is, a Star Destroyer doesn't need special ordinance to kill a world, it just needs a few hours and a full complement of gunners.
>>
>>46921436
The reason why Star Destroyers don't Extermonatus so often is because the worlds on Star Wars are often shielded by energy shields. Even the second-hand crap shield the Rebels in EP V had can withstand bombardment from multiple Star Destroyers. The Death Star was deadly not because it fucks over planets but because if fucks over any planet, even if as heavily shielded as Alderan.
>>
I'm hopping in this thinly veiled vs thread to say that no matter how powerful another setting is, 40k wins by sheer undiluted edginess. That's kind of the point of the setting, the writers have dedicated so much time into making the setting so incredibly awful you simply cannot win because there's always one more ass-pull to do.

Pro-tip: Logically, if the 40k universe is so horrible that people from other settings immediately go crazy, ALL OF THE HUMANS IN THE IMPERIUM WOULD GO CRAZY AS WELL. We have no reason to believe people from the Imperium acquire super-mental fortitude at birth. The reason they don't is either: a) You're wrong in that assumption or b) Plot armor.

It's a terribly written setting and everything that makes it unique comes from it being a bunch of 80s pop culture put in a blender, which is the important part.
>>
>>46921897
Lol faggot.
>>
>>46921924
Ah, faggot, the magic word that instantaneously makes you right

Second only to the smug anime face
>>
>>46914268
Just about every other sci-fi setting ever made. The Imperium would never stand a chance against the mobility and production capabilities in Star Wars, for example.
>>
>>46921948
I see you've had arguments on here before.
>>
>>46921948
>smuganimeface.jpg
>>
>>46914648
The Federation has shit medical technology compared to the Imperium (fucking wheelchairs still, when the Imperium can all but resurrect you from the dead with enough cybernetics), but yeah, a handheld phaser can easily blow up a bunker with one shot.

On the other hand, warp travel is far faster than Federation tech, and in terms of numbers and cruelty, the Imperium has the advantage by an incomprehensible factor.
>>
>>46914268
>CTRL+F
>Dune
>0
Dune?
>>
>>46919336
>the entire IoM fleet gets to play
>but Trek only has the Enterprise

Star Fleet has respectable numbers, the Klingons and the Romulans have more. They all have a tech edge to everything in 40K except maybe the Necrons and the Eldar at their hight/Golden Age humies.

They may still be outnumbered but its not like the Enterprise is fighting alone. and in "thousands vrs. hundreds" I'd give Trekverse the odds
>>
>>46921948
:^)
>>
>>46914268
Here me out, but...

Metroid.
>>
>>46922019
Dune's advantages are the infinitely better FTL travel and that individually people in Dune are hilariously OP compared to mostly-normal humans like those in 40k.

If anything they'd just pack up and go away to avoid war rather than try to defeat 40k. That's if you're talking about the original books though, if it's by the time of Chapterhouse Dune is one of the few settings I can think about that could genuinely overwhelm 40k with sheer numbers.
>>
>>46921436
What about the Nids then?
>>
>>46922086
>original book*
There's also that it can take literal centuries due to warp shit for 40k FTL to go through even a small part of the Imperium's portion of the galaxy, while Dune's can reliably go through entire galaxies almost instantaneously, so a 40k invasion of the Dune universe would be extremely slow
>>
>>46922007
>and in terms of numbers and cruelty, the Imperium has the advantage by an incomprehensible factor.
Sisko virus bombed a planet just to piss some Maquis.
Janeway exterminated or helped to exterminate several species.

And they will smile and ask for a cup of early grey, hot in the next chapter.

Also, Federation can resurrect you with Khan's blood.
>>
>>46922180
>Khan

I can see First Contact now:

"These?! These "Space Marines" are your civilization's Genetically Augmented Ubermench? I bet these low test roided up faggots don't even quote Milton"
>>
File: Consecutive Normal Punches.jpg (242 KB, 960x689) Image search: [Google]
Consecutive Normal Punches.jpg
242 KB, 960x689
>>46915327
Throughout the Warp a mighty roar was heard, Psykers of all races screamed in horror and pain. Reality itself crumbled and the sea of blood spilled over into the realverse. The universe was drowning in red. The Bloodgod decided to end all life.
But before the first drop of blood was spilled, the Bloodgods very existence has ended. A paradox resulting from the mix of warp and reality? Did the resulting death end up in calming the Warp forever? Were it the other Chaosgods, who united against the mighty Khorne? Even today, nobody knows the true answer. One can only hear a faint whisper in the Warp: "Just as planned"
>>
File: download (2).jpg (8 KB, 220x229) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
8 KB, 220x229
>>46922126
>>
File: IMG_20151026_235222.jpg (10 KB, 182x182) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151026_235222.jpg
10 KB, 182x182
>>46921948
>implying Western cartoons can't out-smug those Chinese scribbles.
>>
>>46914268
>Star Wars has the technology, but even the Sith lack the brutality of the Imperium of Man.

So what? They fully understand all of their technology and can produce quintillions of battle droids per year. Not to mention advantage of faster, more reliable FTL that would allow SW galaxy to easily mass forces in critical locations overwhelming even IoM. Think about it, they can make Death Stars in 3-4 years tops, tens of thousands of Star Destroyers in two decades, that's literally the time it would take Imperium to wake up and start organizing minor crusade. It's like claiming USA is losing to ISIS because drones raining bombs on brutal fanatics are just robots.
>>
>>46922502
The smugness of it is rather offset by that thing clearly having Down's Syndrome, and so not having a fucking clue what its face is doing.
>>
File: Cf4P5j2WsAAVg4-.jpg (60 KB, 476x604) Image search: [Google]
Cf4P5j2WsAAVg4-.jpg
60 KB, 476x604
>>46922126
>>46922380
Theoretically speaking, how would a Force-sensitive person react to a hive fleet presence?
>>
>>46922502
that's a pretty smug looking dude
>>
>>46923023
CISSIES LEAVE REEEEEEEEE
>>
I think almost all of the people that say that x empire/setting/army can beat IoM are forgetting necrons, nids and orks. Sure, x empire can crush the IoM in space but what would they think and even DO when an ork fleet comes up?
>>
>>46919320
At last. I'm surprised it took so long.
>>
File: xeelee-vs-the-culture (1).jpg (130 KB, 600x200) Image search: [Google]
xeelee-vs-the-culture (1).jpg
130 KB, 600x200
>>46914268

Oh yes.

Celestial bodies up to and including entire galaxies used as projectiles? Megastructures millions of light years across? Handguns that can destroy stars? Aliens altering the value of Planck's constant simply in order to build a faster computer? Pocket Universes to avoid time-machine espionage? Temporal loop that resets at the end of time?
>>
>>46921436
>>what is the blackwing virus
>>what is Sith alchemy
>>what is the Dark Trooper project
>what are Plaguebearers
>what is the Dark Mechanicum
>what are Skitarii

>>46922180
>Sisko virus bombed a planet just to piss some Maquis.
>Janeway exterminated or helped to exterminate several species.
So you've got two exceptions to the general rule; I've got thousands of Inquisitors with "Genocide" in their job description (not to mention those who do it for fun).

>>46921862
>The reason why Star Destroyers don't Extermonatus so often is because the worlds on Star Wars are often shielded by energy shields.
>>
>>46914268
Xeelee and Culture
>>
>>46914268

Dr. Who?
>>
>>46923486
(oops, forgot one line...)

>>46921862
>The reason why Star Destroyers don't Extermonatus so often is because the worlds on Star Wars are often shielded by energy shields.
Those don't seem very effective at stopping low-speed projectiles (aka fighters and people walking), what's to stop an inquisitor from smuggling a virus bomb or cyclonic torpedo down to the surface? Or Chaos summoning Daemons down there, for that matter?
>>
Dota 2
>>
>>46914268
Warhammer is usually the 'I win' button in debates which is why I don't bring them up as they are too overpowered. Don't even get into Dark Age of Technology.

Only Supreme Commander and The Culture have a chance. Everyone else gets pwned.

It's a great setting so it deserves to be powerful.
>>
>>46923552
1)if chaos was as powerful as tgese threads act like it was, it would have already taken over all of 40k.
2) the point is that every single ship in SW that's the size of a 40k escort is able to destroy a world WITHOUT expansive and rare (yes, rare. Pay attention to the fluff) specialist weapons. Plus they have "cross the galaxy in a few weeks" FTL that's reliable and cheap. By the time 40k realizes there's a war, half the milky way has been turned to slag.
>>
File: wizard2.png (72 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
wizard2.png
72 KB, 200x200
>>46914268
a powerful enough wizard from any high-fantasy setting would break 40k easily.
>>
>>46923552
The average X-Wing doesn't stand a chance against a Star Destroyer but a suicidal pilot coupled with luck might just divebomb into a weak point. It's like how a Lasgun could take down plenty of threats if truly lucky enough.
>>
>>46923600
>too overpowered
>constantly in a bureaucratic mess
>shit-tier FTL travel
>>
>>46923600
>Only Supreme Commander and The Culture have a chance. Everyone else gets pwned.

Eh, pretty much any scifi culture with working time-travel can fuck shit over good.
>>
File: 40k.jpg (39 KB, 781x260) Image search: [Google]
40k.jpg
39 KB, 781x260
>>46923600
>Warhammer
>It's a great setting
Excuse me, but what the fuck are you smoking and where can I get some?
>>
>>46914268
Sins of a Solar empire factions?

I don't recall seeing any details on how long in real time it takes them to build a ship or move between planets, but they have reliable FTL travel, doomsday weapons, and their ships seem to pack a lot of dakka.

The TEC is an economic powerhouse, the Advent's propaganda will play hell with disgruntled backwater worlds, and the Vasari can use stabilized phase space for some impressive mobility.
>>
File: gunbuster4.png (902 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
gunbuster4.png
902 KB, 800x600
One robot is all that's needed.
>>
>>46914268

All of them can. But the shouting matches get tiresome, and only 40kids bother to keep playing calvin-ball forever.
>>
Maybe the aliums from Roadside Picnic. Since their technology is so advanced Mankind can't even begin to fathom what the different things are used for. And even in the Zones where they resided for a short time, Physics have gone cray cray.

But since we don't know anything besides that, that is highly speculative
>>
>>46914320
>ig
>the largest military force equipped with the currently pinnacle of tech (by no means golden age but whatever) and number in the 100's of billions
>weak
>>
>>46914466
The federation are like the Tau in that respect. Technologically advanced and with a very high standard of living, but absolutely tiny. The Imperium of Man is 10000x the size of the federation and much more brutal in their methods. What they lack in technology they make up for in mass and disregard for human life.
>>
>>46924767
>2016
>not playing Calvinball all day, every day
This had better be bait
>>
>>46924811
>equipped with the currently pinnacle of tech
Space Marines and the Admech don't exist? Or the Eldar/dark Eldar? Or the Tau?

> The Imperium of Man is 10000x the size of the federation and much more brutal in their methods.
Good thing this is entire setting vs entire setting then. Or do we get to ignore "muh chaos", "muh necrons" and "muh nids"?
>>
File: sandman.jpg (85 KB, 1200x695) Image search: [Google]
sandman.jpg
85 KB, 1200x695
>>46914268
Easy
>>
>>46914466

its not a question of technology, its a question of mentality, of the sheere logic of the 40k werse, star trek would get rekt, even the borg would just get locked in some neverending war of attrition, its all neverending war, its grimdark, star trek dont have shit on grimdark
>>
File: Paperposter001b.png (110 KB, 256x512) Image search: [Google]
Paperposter001b.png
110 KB, 256x512
How powerful is the Combine? In the game, you fight against an skeleton crew of forces and they consider Earth a backwater planet. However, it said that has conquered not just a planet, but multiples universes.
>>
>>46925120
We'll find out in episode 3.
>>
>>46914268
Stargate's Replicators would devastate 40K.
>>
>>46925156
So a bit after GW advances the plot into late 41k. Got it.
>>
File: crying idranel.png (35 KB, 180x177) Image search: [Google]
crying idranel.png
35 KB, 180x177
>>46925156
>>
>>46924990
Because Star Trek is noble bright, and solve the problem some other way. They don't do "meatgrinders". It's a setting that's above it. Even the whole redshirt meme wasn't ever a mass eradication of seemingly endless tides of recruits, but rather plot-points of "we need to show something being dangerous, but can't kill off a named actor". It just became a perpetual plot-point, and fans noticed it.

40k is a setting of nothing but redshirts, wher every epsiode shows several trillions dying. It gets old after awhile.
>>
>>46914268
>It's a "40k circlejerk/jack off" episode
>>
>>46925156
Any word on this? Cause the end of episode 2 still makes me feel bad. I'd be happier if that weren't the end of the story
>>
>>46925300
>Any word on this?
It's been 9 years since Episode 2, anon. What do you think?
>>
>>46924875
>2016
What are you, new here? 40kids have been screaming their shitty "muh universe is better" bullshit for most of 8 years! Hell, before that even... Goal posts get moved constantly, arguments about whose universe rules override come down to screaming matches with no rules, and none of it fucking matters. It is all nothing more than a glorified version of a screaming child yelling "stop not liking what I like!"
>>
>>46925325
I think you're going to send me into a downward spiral of depression saying shit like that
>>
>>46925300
>Any word on this?
The day GabeN ascends to immortal apotheosis, powered by the despair and frustration of everyone who waited for HL3, is the day that steam will confirm that HL3 will never be made
>>
>>46925405
>steam
Valve*
>>
>>46918543
You know, if these settings meet there will suddenly be a heroic spirit that surpasses all of them, you know, with him being worshipped literally EVERYWHERE. I wonder how his stats would compare to... well anything.
>>
>>46924196
Or Dune. Instananeous travel and planet-destroying weaponry means wiping out a planet/fleet and being gone within a few minutes. Hell, the 40k universe is mostly a shittier parallel universe to Dune. It was mostly based off it, anyways.
>>
>>46925370
And yet, for all that, it still manages to be entertaining. Try to get over it, you're not going to change anything
>>
>>46919501
>Forerunners laugh at 40K.
Chaos says hai.

And bai.
>>
Where does that Delta Base Zero thing comes from anyway? It feels like this was the product of some arm's race during the Star Wars vs Star Trek feuds over who had the bigger dick.
>>
>>46924191
They get corrupted and consumed by Chaos.
>>
>>46918303
We'll talk again once you have ten satellites on your ass.
>>
>>46925488
That's fantasical paralel here. Forerunners where pretty much in crontrol of the whole freakin Galaxy and pretty chill about it, even when ancient humans tried to dethrone them. Then came the flood and there where like, 'one second, we'll get to tha-¨ and suddenly there is a sentient tumor virus that swallows everything that lives and grew a brain huge enough to distort reality.
Seriously, the flood are way more efficient then the tyranids.
>>
>>46922180

>Janeway committed genocide multiple times.

I'm sorry, but sauce? Thats bull shit m8. Season and species please.
>>
>>46914268
It is canon that some very, very advanced human and xenos subfactions get their empires labeled as no-go zones for their maps.

So yes, some lucky/advanced xeno fucks get to frolick around in their own tiny empires as they please, and some old DAoT human factions get to have their own dozen planets or so, so long as they don't actively try to attack the imperium. So yes, there's lots of settings that can hold out against lots of the shit the imperium has to offer.

As for 40k at it's most cheesy, autistic, old-as-shit wankery?
No. Nobody beats the necrons when they were in their glory days.
>>
>>46923819
>1)if chaos was as powerful as tgese threads act like it was, it would have already taken over all of 40k.
Look at the state of the Imperium. War is everywhere, society is in a state of constant decay, and corruption abounds... Just As Planned.

Chaos has *already* won.

>2) the point is that every single ship in SW that's the size of a 40k escort is able to destroy a world WITHOUT expansive and rare (yes, rare. Pay attention to the fluff) specialist weapons.
40k ships are perfectly capable of obliterating a planet's crust with their basic macrocannons and lances, it just takes more than a couple escorts to do it effectively.

>Plus they have "cross the galaxy in a few weeks" FTL that's reliable and cheap. By the time 40k realizes there's a war, half the milky way has been turned to slag.
The 40k universe is always at war, so they don't need any time to mobilize a resistance (their forces are constantly mobilizing).

>>46924059
>a powerful enough wizard from any high-fantasy setting would break 40k easily.
Define "enough". Magnus the Red can teleport armies and destroy continents with a thought, and yet the Imperium was able to defeat him.

>>46925185
Even human-form Replicators have nothing on Necrons.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfSvBGtYYI
>>
>>46925300
For ten thousand threads the lord Gaben has sat immobile upon his Steam Throne, for which a thousand hats are sacrificed each day to keep the light of HL3 shining as a beacon in interwebs.

Some believe that upon the final death of Valve, the license will be freed and reborn as the kickstart child. Others mantain that the franchise lives on separate from the Gaben, deep within the company, and only awaits the "next big thing" to incarnate itself with.
>>
>>46925927
tl;dr: HL3 Believers = Thorians
>>
>>46915327
dear emperor, give me more!
>>
>>46925525
>muh Chaos
Not everywhere is set inside the Eye of Terror anon. The amount Chaos can manifest is much smaller.
>>
>>46924723
[muffled March of Exelion plays in the distance]
>>
>>46926062
That's only because of the Emperor. If you piss off the Chaos Gods and lack a figure like the Emperor, a god incarnate to hold back the the tide of the warp, you fucking lose. Forerunners have zero defense against Chaos corrupting them and even consuming the whole universe.

They also don't need to be in the Eye of Terror.
>>
>>46924723
>>46926248
Good taste, anons. Good taste
>>
>>46926321
>zero defense
They have some rather heavily shielded worlds, technology on par with, if not superior to, the War in the Heavens Necrons & industry that can practically shit Death Stars for fun.
>>
>>46926321
>If you piss off the Chaos Gods and lack a figure like the Emperor, a god incarnate to hold back the the tide of the warp, you fucking lose.
So how are they going to piss them off? And how were the eldar, necrons, and so forth able to build to the level where they have technological defenses? Or where the Tau just have a naturally low warp presence that protects them?

Oh, wait, chaosfags just have no fucking clue what they're talking about.
>>
File: freezer1.jpg (18 KB, 400x392) Image search: [Google]
freezer1.jpg
18 KB, 400x392
>>46925790
>destroy continents with thoughts
Cute. Hopefully he has a power that can raise the property value of planets.
>>
>>46925437
except deities can't be heroic spirits
>>
>>46925790
>don't need any time to mobilize
I think plenty of worlds have been lost due to Administratorium filling errors.
>>
Sailor Moon universe wins easy.
>>
>>46926321
I'd imagine that they don't have a footprint in the warp, because they come from a reality where no fucking warp exists. So I'd treat them like the tau in that regard.
>>
>>46914268
Any setting that has active construction or use of Dyson spheres.
Precursors from Halo.
Doctor Who.
Exalted.
>>
>>46926679
If you're trying to pit two universes against each other, you need to have some cross-pollination of ideas for the two to mesh together properly (especially when it comes to the technology/magic of one setting working in the other).

One of these things is the concept that any living being with a soul has a presence in the warp. (Even the Tau do, albeit small ones.)
>>
>>46926890
What about blanks?
>>
File: 8QVooRZ.gif (1 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
8QVooRZ.gif
1 MB, 290x189
>>46926391
>They have some rather heavily shielded worlds, technology on par with, if not superior to, the War in the Heavens Necrons & industry that can practically shit Death Stars for fun.
>>46926400
>So how are they going to piss them off? And how were the eldar, necrons, and so forth able to build to the level where they have technological defenses? Or where the Tau just have a naturally low warp presence that protects them?
>Oh, wait, chaosfags just have no fucking clue what they're talking about.
>mfw people don't read any 40k fluff at all

1) Industry means fuck-all against Chaos unless you actually can create magical wards to ensure your industry doesn't start churning out omnicidal AI possessed by daemons hellbent on your destruction. This isn't something good for the Forerunenrs as this already happened with the Flood subverting their AI's against them.

2) The fuck are shields supposed to do against reality being consumed by unreality and daemons pouring out?

3) Pissing off the Chaos Gods and getting their attention is done by being big, noticeable, and amusing. The only way to truly protect yourself from Chaos is to remain a tiny, irrelevant minor empire that doesn't distract them from the Great Game.

4) Eldar were the most powerful psykers in the universe prior to the birth of the Emperor and had an affinity for the warp and protecting themselves from it from their creation to fight the Necrontyr. They also used to have their own Warp Gods protecting them along with being the most powerful psychic entities until the God Emperor of Mankind was born.

5) Necrons use pylons to protect themselves from the warp and also used their blatantly magic "science" to create Pariahs. Even then though they don't do so well against daemons, and dimensions they used to use for FTL such as Hyperspace have been corrupted and devoured.

5) Tau's low warp presence doesn't actually protect them, it means chaos doesn't notice them. Tau are literally a dot on a map.
>>
>>46926890
>If you're trying to pit two universes against each other, you need to have some cross-pollination of ideas for the two to mesh together properly
That entirely depends on which universe the fight happens in, and details on the scenario. None of which are given here, which is why this thread is going fucking nowhere. And it's not really fair to suddenly make it so the other side has a (apparently) 99% chance of instantly going insane because lolchaos when they obviously DON'T go insane automatically anyway. You might as well apply the other universe's laws of physics to 40k and oops, everything fell apart because 40k doesn't follow the other universe's laws of physics, what a shame.
>>
this is a troll thread, op is the master troll.
>>
>>46926679
Tau have a footprint in the warp you mong, their souls however are small flickers compared to the campfires of man and the raging infernos of Eldar souls. Tau can still be corrupted, but Chaos doesn't give a shit about them.

>>46926924
Blanks are unnatural abominations that only exist per artificial tampering with life. Blanks are literally anti-warp and generate anti-warp fields. Although they still can be overpowered by Daemons and possessed. Like psykers, blanks come in degrees of power, the most powerful psyker or daemon can override a weaker blank and kill them.

>>46927003
Adding to this, people, fuck even GW, completely forget the scale of Chaos at times due to not reading their own fluff. The Chaos Gods are involved in the Great Game, the eternal war between the Chaos Gods as they struggle for power over each other. The Great Game is the only thing they truly care about, and the war with mankind and the general beings of the materium is actually a side-show. The only reason why Chaos has it out for humanity so badly in the first place is thanks to the God-Emperor snubbing them back in the Unification Wars when he stole knowledge from the Gods to make the Primarchs. Were it not for his idiot attempt at mugging them, it's unlikely Chaos would be so interested in seeing mankind be enslaved as they are now. Unity with Chaos is also possible. We know Xenos like the Laer achieved perfect union with Slaanesh, sticking to their own single Sector and living out peaceful lives until Space Marines slaughtered them all. Same with those Xenos that show up in the first Eisenhorn novel. The best defense against Chaos is to tread lightly, be small, and do not disturb the wasp's nest unless you have a death-wish.
>>
>>46914296
>Exterminatus
Done.
>>
>>46927270
>Can't even kill all the nids on a planet
Try again friendo ;)
>>
>>46927295
Nids maybe not, but ninjas sure
>>
>>46927003
>industry means fuck all
>Necrons apparently don't exist

>what do shields do
>what do Dyson spheres do

>Chaosfags actually believe this

>or simply Slaanesh hadn't been born so Khorne, Nurgle & Tzneech didn't give a fuck about Eldar

>Necrons
>don't do so well
>>
>>46927003
>Chaos just possesses any A.I. it can & wants to
The Flood done their shit because the Floodcursors were more or less the Precursors. They had knowledge backing them up & this counts shit on the Forerunners.
>>
File: hurrrrr.jpg (40 KB, 332x350) Image search: [Google]
hurrrrr.jpg
40 KB, 332x350
>>46926321
>That's only because of the Emperor. If you piss off the Chaos Gods and lack a figure like the Emperor, a god incarnate to hold back the the tide of the warp, you fucking lose.

The Instrumentality of Mankind figured out how to temporarily turn people into warp gods when one of their lords tried to see how fast he could make Rambo go. They also got time-travel and zero fucks.
>>
>>46926646
They lost so hard that humanity was reduced to inhabiting a single planet for the longest time though.
>>
>>46927132
I usually like to put it in a new universe where everything that is not directly contradictory from the settings wroks like it was in its own universe.
But 40k people usually want to put chaos all over the place, which kinda annoys me. Even though I really love the setting.
>>
>>46925770
Source for this? I'd be interested in reading it
>>
>>46927588
>But 40k people usually want to put chaos all over the place
Well if you're going setting vs setting, you have to include the antagonists as well. Supernatural elements too.

Would you bring in the Halo universe without the Flood, or the Star Wars universe without the Force?
>>
Touhou
>Main character can float above reality
>Her boss can make you cross the border between existing and not existing with a thought
>>
>>46914268
Well, let's me think about that.

Wh40K is mostly limited to warfare within one galaxy, right? I am not an expert on this game or anything, but I do believe the tyranids are the only confirmed faction that hails from beyond the galaxy?

In that case, you actually have the really old book by Carl Sagan, "Contact", in where there is a race of super-advanced beings which are actually busy reversing the death by expansion of the universe by accumulating mass inside the center of Cygnus A, which is a pretty insane scale of technology.

In terms of pure warfare, I think I will have to say the Marvel setting. There's this guy Thanos who actually killed all living beings in half the universe, without even lifting a finger.
>>
>>46928622
No but I wouldn't say, "they are alive, so they have warp sig, and since they don't have any experience with it are all corropt near immediately"
Since they come from a Universe where warp is not a thing, I'd just give them no connection with the warp. Chaos Marines, or demons could still physically fuck them up, or psychic techniques that don't rely on them having a signature in the warp.
It's the "all over the place" that I don't like.
>>
File: Planet_Killer_firing.jpg (44 KB, 546x299) Image search: [Google]
Planet_Killer_firing.jpg
44 KB, 546x299
>>46927295
>Beam goes all the way through the planet
>Crust and Mantle break up
>All that's left is an asteroid field
And this isn't even the most powerful single gun in 40k.
>>
File: aniki woke up.jpg (38 KB, 473x357) Image search: [Google]
aniki woke up.jpg
38 KB, 473x357
>mfw 40kiddies think that anything in their shitty universe can stand up to an ACU in planetary warfare
>>
>>46928732
What I mean is that: >>46925525
People are not saying the Chaos is something to be considered, but that it "corrupts and consumes [living entity from other setting]". Just like that. Everything that lives and is not from the setting just get's nommed by the chaos.

>>46928830
I think nobody actually said 40k can stand against supcom until now.
>>
>>46928884
I don't really think you can argue that chaos can corrupt marvel levels of overpoweredness. Especially Thanos, this guy is chaotic evil already, there is nothing left to corrupt, and in terms of the powers he have he looks to be quite a bit more powerful than all the chaos gods combined.
>>
File: BusterMachine3.jpg (80 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
BusterMachine3.jpg
80 KB, 640x480
>>46924723
Let's drop Jupiter-2-in-a-can in the Eye of Terror and see what happens.
>>
>>46928782
>since they don't have any experience with it are all corropt near immediately
I wouldn't say that either, but saying "no warp connection at all" is going too far in the other direction.

Going back to the Force example, what if a Jedi couldn't read or use mind tricks on a guardsman? Or use their improved reflexes against their actions? What about Force Push or Lightning? (There is some precedence for this, see Yuuzhan Vong.) That kinda nullifies what makes Jedi badass in the first place.
>>
>>46928909
If the Chaos Gods imbue their power into Thanos a la Horus, which setting wins?
>>
>>46914268
Is this another 40k circlejerk episode?
>>
>>46928981
Depends. Which force powers do require the opponent to have midichlorians in his blood? The guards man has noc midichlorians in his blood, all that does not requires him to, works.

>I wouldn't say that either, but saying "no warp connection at all" is going too far in the other direction.
Ah, yeah. probably too far, you are right. But like I showed 2 posts about yours, people do say that, and that greatly annoys me, since it's a boring and lazy cop-out.
>>
>>46929028
What do you mean?
Any side that has Thanos fighting for them in wh40k would win, and then lose when Thanos backstabs them.
>>
>>46929055
but desu I absolutely hate the marvel universe because of the retard levels of superpower. It actually demands the bad guys to sit on their ass and do nothing for 99.99% of the time to make any sense.
>>
>>46914548
Best answer. /thread
>>
>>46921897
all humans in 40k have warp manipulation (psyker) potential that they have literally evolved within the past 40k years

Other humans would not have this
>>
>>46929329
Humas are a race of potential psykers. That doesn't mean everyone has psyker potential, it just means that individuals of the race may be born as psykers. Either you are a psyker or you aren't. There are humans that can not and will never be able to use warp manipulation.
At least as far as I know.
>>
>>46929434
ok faggot your right but you dont understand the point im making:

Humans from the 40k galaxy have a warp signature, a natural (soul)

humans that arent from the 40k galaxy do not.
>>
>>46929512
"your right"
>>
>>46929512
kek, famalam. Thats what I was saying too, earlier in the thread. See >>46926679 that's me.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.