[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mtg/ - Standard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: fuckyes.png (143 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
fuckyes.png
143 KB, 265x370
Gameday Standard thread: Gotta Top-8 Edition

The mat is that ugly ass card art in full rendering. First place officially doesn't fucking matter, time to bring out obnoxious T2 jank.
-u/b madness
-land destruction
-werewolves
-24 counters and some boardwipe

>playin?
>buildin?
>brewin?
>most interesting card in set?

I'm packin 20 dollars in frog this weekend. Fite me.
>>
>>46900714
>playin
R/G werewolves or U/G delirium
>buildin
Broke ass version of LSV's deck, I have the core parts just no lili and one cryptolith rites
>brewin
EDH
>most interesting card in the set
Changes from person to person
>>
>>46900714
The mat looks great, I'm actually going to care about coming first for once.

Still building G/W tokens, should hopefully be finished in time for gameday
>>
I either want to play Esper Demonic Pact
Mostly the same as this
http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/wish-upon-a-starfield/

or Jund, I'm just not sure how to build it. I really want Gitrog in it though.
>>
I'm still learning some of the rules so I have a question:
If I flash a Rattlechains into play hexproofing itself, can my oponent remove the Rattlechains before the hexproofing ability resolves?
>>
Ulvenwald Mysteries
>>
>>46902309
Yes. It enters, then that ability triggers and goes on the stack.
>>
>>46901676
You put in Gitrog Monster and Drownyard temple.
>>
>>46900714
>playin?
Atarka Red aggro
>buildin?
Nothing Else
>brewin?
Nothing Else
Season's Past, for somehow becoming playable and gud.

On another note, why is green always the most competitive color? All of the best decks have green in it, and green often has the most expensive cards.
>>
>Lost some cards after a trade
>can't find them anywhere
>Friends say they don't have them either

wat do?
>>
>>46900714
>playin?
B/R Ever After
>buildin?
W/R Eldrazi
>brewin?
U/R land destruction
Triskaidekaphobia, though i have no intention of building a deck for it.
>>46902598
Playing Drownyard temple in a 3 colour deck is real cost I wonder if you can even play more than 1 or 2
>>
>>46903018
You misspelled white.
>>
I'll brew for the next PPTQ season to Eldritch moon. Any ideas to buy? what cards will be busted without company, jace, goggles and hangarback in the format?
>>
File: damnkids.jpg (110 KB, 722x960) Image search: [Google]
damnkids.jpg
110 KB, 722x960
>>46900714

>playin? BR Vamps

Creature (29)

2x Asylum Visitor
4x Drana, Liberator of Malakir
4x Falkenrath Gorger
4x Heir of Falkenrath Flip
3x Incorrigible Youths
4x Indulgent Aristocrat
4x Olivia, Mobilized for War
4x Ravenous Bloodseeker

Land (23)

2x Cinder Barrens
4x Foreboding Ruins
6x Mountain
4x Smoldering Marsh
7x Swamp

Instant (8)

4x Fiery Temper
4x Lightning Axe

Sideboard (15)

3x Avacyn's Judgment
2x Duress
3x Fiery Impulse
2x Grasp of Darkness
3x Transgress the Mind
2x Ultimate Price

>buildin?
Refining BR vamps

>brewin?
None

Anything vampire (?)
>>
>>46903146
Your friends are probably lying. Break into their houses and search and even if they are telling the truth, steal their cards.
>>
>>46904539
4x legendaries? You sure?
>>
should i get 4x always watching + 4x declaration in stone for 45 EURO?
I'm not even going to play this season but I'd want to play that kind of deck for standard when origin rotates.
>>
>>46904539
Is that art a card?
>>
>>46904930
So far, it's made for a consistent draw for them. Should I tone it down to 3x each

>>46905410
Yeah, it's the promo Incorrigible Youths art
>>
>>46905729
I would, but there's a fuckton of removal right now, so it's really up to you, try both, see what works.
>>
>>46905780
Thanx, anonbro. My list is a constant work in progress, so yeah.
>>
File: New Standard Be Like.gif (1009 KB, 500x230) Image search: [Google]
New Standard Be Like.gif
1009 KB, 500x230
>>46900714

>Playin

W/G Humans - Green for Sigarda, Tracker, Dromoka's Command

>Buildin'

Nothing really just finalizing my standard shit for Game Day

>Brewin'

Grixis in the Ice - (Might just give up on it and run something similar to the U/R list) but i think its good with Ruinous Path, Painful Truths and Kolaghan's Command

>Most interesting card in the set

Thing in the Ice - For hype reasons
Declaration in Stone - Sick removal
Arlinn Kor - Cause I think shes good enough for modern
Startled Awake - Its an interesting card
>>
>>46906351
No worries. That's actually the deck I've been meaning to build. Good luck.
>>
>gonna lose hard
>gonna play anyway
I'm so fucking ready, anons. First game day.
>>
>tfw missing game day
>>
>>46906603

Just make sure you have a solid deck. Play something top 8'ing right now. (maybe change the list a bit to suit your liking, remember this isn't a GP/Pro tour)

If you have a brew/personal deck that you wanna play, try missing with your lands/mana base. Most brews don't do well because of the lack of proper mana. Most top 8'ing decks run more than just 20 lands.
>>
>>46906693
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/humans-on-innistrad/

I've posted this deck a couple of times in the standard threads in preparation for this, and since I'm on a budget there's only so much I can do. It's a personal brew, and land isn't really the issue. This is just a stupidly aggressive format, from what I can tell, and I don't have the money to pack 4 Declarations or 4 Always Watchings.
>>
>>46906693

Messing*

Anyways you got the point, >>46906408 this is me btw so that's what i'm playing. I might post a deck list if requested but its pretty cut and dry

It's almost identical to the White Weenie decks top 8'ing right now. With a few tweaks. The Grixis deck is the one that i'm looking forward to smashing with once i get the testing out of the way
>>
>>46906753

I'd suggest Consuls lieutenant to replace some of your 3 drops with 2 drops.

I know you said you liked your mana base but i'd also suggest cutting a few forest and run a playset of the Zendikar slow lands (Canopy Vista)

Obvious non-budget cards would be:

Archangle Avacyan
Archangle of Tithe
Hero of Akros
Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
Dromoka's Command
Always Watching
Knight of the White Orchid
>>
>>46906646
There's no Sunday event in your area?
>>
>>46906939
There is, but I'm sailing until Sunday and it's a 5 hour train ride back.
>>
>>46906898
I appreciate it, and you're right, but as it stands with the limited time and funding I've got, there's really no time to pick up any of those. The stores in my city don't sell singles much, despite being a very competitive environment. Money's also tight.
>>
File: bgarist.png (2 MB, 1725x617) Image search: [Google]
bgarist.png
2 MB, 1725x617
I'm going to bring my own take on the B/G Aristocrats dropping the expensive CoCos that i dont have and adding Liliana's Indignation + Gravepurge.

Hopefully it's competitive enough to get me to a good finish.

Sideboard is:
2 Duress
2 Transgress the Mind
3 Fleshbag Marauder
2 Languish
2 Virulent Plague
2 Ruinous Path
2 Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
>>
>>46900714
>playing
Janky and fun esper planeswalker control deck.
>building
Legacy Storm so when people tell me to put miracles away I can kill them fast instead of 40 minutes
>brewing
R/B suicide eldrazi in standard. So far so good and very fun
That spoopy skeleton man. Shits busted yo mang. It's like he never leaves the battlefield!
>>
>>46907068

Mainboard looks pretty soild expect what you already pointed out - The lack of CoCos

I catch myself looking at the sideboard and wondering why you wouldn't add Infinite Obliteration.
>>
>>46907200
Oh yeah i forgot about it. I could drop a Fleshbag for 1 Infinite Oblitteration. Maybe go down on 1 Virulent Plague and 1 Languish to add some more Instant Speed removal like Grasp or Ultimate price.

I still need to work on the sideboard, the main problem i saw on this deck is that if someone drops a kalitas, theres very little chance of winning due to the lack of removal.
>>
File: callthebloodline[1].jpg (30 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
callthebloodline[1].jpg
30 KB, 300x300
Guys

BG Aristocrats + Call the Bloodline

Yes? No?
>>
>>46907298
Unless you run the Madness Zombie spawners, discarding a card is painful on BG Aristocrats. And on aristocrats you want to run as many creatures as possible.
>>
>>46907298

The question you have to ask yourself is one card in your hand worth a 1/1 with lifelink. Answer is probably no cause it doesn't count as dying to trigger all the aristocrats shit.

Now if you had Madness with people like Falkenrath Gorger, Asylum Visitor, ect. Then yes it would most likely be worth it but then you're running B/R Madness/Vampires
>>
>>46907298
Call the Bloodline works better with BR just because red has a lot of madness cards that'll mesh well with that card, but if you go heavy on Madness in BG or BW you can maybe work with it.
>>
>>46907388
I understand the running creature part, but there are times on which I find myself not finding use to land cards once Rite is up. I've thought it could help a ton to just discar and set tokens to sac.
>>
>>46907584
you just really need there to be a way to get more worth out of that discard, since it's against card advantage. If you want to run Groundskeepers and/or Drownyards you can get a bit of an engine going that makes discards really cheap for you, but I don't know how reliable it is.
>>
>>46900714

So if last standard was 4-5c good stuff and this standard is 2c aggro (mainly white) does somebody wanna proficiency what the next standard meta is going to be like.
>>
>>46900714
I have a couple of pic related lying around and I was wondering why it has jumped in price so suddenly. Maybe I'll sell them or maybe I'll use them to make whatever deck they are used in.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 312x445
>>46907792
Fuck, forgot pic.
>>
>>46907068
mainboard Kalitas if you're already not going Company imo. I like Diregraf Colossus in this type of deck but I play more zombies (Relentless Dead / Sanitarium Skeleton / Diregraf Colossus / Kalitas)
>>
>>46907792
Good in midrange, very good in ramp. It's wimpy if your opponent can go under you successfully with an aggro deck but it can be a game-turning card advantage swing if you can proc it for more than 3 good cards plus a land. Just a lot of mana.
>>
>>46907835
I wish there were some more zombies to play with and be able to include Diregraff, right now its really lackluster.

I will definitely make some room for kalitas now that i think about it. Dropping maybe 1 Loam Dryad and 1 Liliana.
>>
>>46908018
In general you can get away with less 1 and 2 drops if you're not playing Collected Company for obvious reasons. Zombies are a really good tribal since they had good cards in Zendikar and they have more now, they just really lean towards UB rather than BG in general
>>
>>46907439
Tokens do count as dieing, and will trigger cutthroats just fine. Unless you mean discard doesn't count as dieing, but I would think that would be self evident.

That said, I don't think the BG aristocrats deck really wants call the bloodline, they already have a good suite going.
>>
>>46900714
I want the werewolf planeswalker hoe and I have an Avacyn I don't want, can I trade with someone or sell/buy at my local store? How are the prices looking these days.
>>
>>46900714
>playin?
no games lined up or anything, just chilling and deckbuilding
>buildin?
my current standard memes are
BRG midrange with a ton of landfall
WB aggro
mono-black sacrifice
>brewin?
thinkin bout a different sort of BRG deck but not certain where to go with it
Groundskeeper. Not because of the card itself (I mean it's a reprint anyway), but because it slots into a ton of different decks and can create a lot of engines in Shadows over Innistrad that weren't really good before, just due to the amount of synergy you can make with land sacrifice and discards and land bounces.
>>
So I'm trying out a B/R midrange deck. I'm going to get the cards some time this week by trading in some old stuff, and I plan on taking this deck to a GP. The idea of it is to set them on the back foot with removal and 2-for-1s, and then win with one of the expensive cards, like Chandra or Kalitas. I'm not sure about Mindwrack Demon in the deck though, seems like a non-bo with Dark Dwellers.
Thoughts? Suggestions?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/24-04-16-XLR-br-midrange/
>>
File: 1377202760778.png (452 KB, 637x633) Image search: [Google]
1377202760778.png
452 KB, 637x633
>you spent all your money on a deck and then the protour happened and basically invalidated it and you don't have money for more cards
>>
>>46908651
>Being so out of touch with standard that you can't pinpoint the safest deck to get into before you spend your money.

Your own fault dude.
>>
File: 1-snTXFElFuQLSFDnvZKJ6IA.png (212 KB, 455x290) Image search: [Google]
1-snTXFElFuQLSFDnvZKJ6IA.png
212 KB, 455x290
I'm gonna take my already rouge as fuck R/B Eldrazi and add green for sideboard enchantment hate and CoCo, of which I already own a playset. A solid 80 percent of my meta is white and I refuse to join them. My entire 15 card sideboard is gonna be devoted solely for white hate. You have no idea how much a Natural State will help me with all the stasis snares, always watching, and silkwraps I put up with.
The fun part is trying to figure out the manabase.
>>
>>46908729
>safest decks
You mean the 600 dollar bant and human decks right after week 1?
>>
>>46907567
I tried in in my previous build of >>46904539 and I found it to be slow. Like, ai want to go wide with thr tokens + Indulgent Aristocrat but that 1 colorless clause CtB has just ate up my mana
>>
>>46900714
Who else is

#quittingmagic

because the pros aren't getting free money just for existing anymore?
>>
>>46908909
In an aggressive-leaning deck like vampires I like being able to have a sure-thing chump blocker or sac target or whatever because it makes for consistent options. IMO instant-speed mana abilities like that tend to be underrated because they're useful in so many different situations.
>>
>tfw i dont know how to make my deck good

i know i should probably just sit down and try to brainstorm a deck idea and get to that point.

ughhh
>>
>>46908972
Lemme see your list, anon. Your strategy intrigues me (mostly since UB zombies, pf all decks, shut me down twice yesterday for Sunday standard).
>>
>>46909000
You gotta either identify an engine or a combination of good colors that seems playable, then you need to assemble a shell and test the hell out of it.
>>
>>46909049
yeah. i really like tracker and would like to build around it. I'm just returning to magic, so I'm not sure what the previous sets have for offerings
>>
>>46909000
Well, post it then. Coming in to complain your deck is shit is pointless if we can't give you any feedback.
>>
>>46909097
Because the answer I'm going to get is "get 4x CoCos"
>>
>>46908729
The sad part is I was actually pretty close, but what I don't have is too money to buy now. I have 90% of the rest of the deck
>>
looking to get into standard, which deck should I get? WB control, RG goggles ramp or GB control?
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-25+at+05.04.47).png (19 KB, 529x264) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-25+at+05.04.47).png
19 KB, 529x264
>>46909025
My current deck is... weird. I want to make an UB zombies deck but I haven't yet.

>>46909155
I mean likely that's the easy way, Company is basically the best card in Standard.
>>
is dragons of tarkir the next set out of standard?
>>
>>46909155
Except you aren't likely to hear that from me. I'm into all sorts of weird, janky homebrews.

>>46909088
So you want to build around the investigate mechanic?, Then you might be interested in the following cards:

>Whirler Rogue (Origins)
Puts two thopters in play and allows you to tap clues to make your creatures unblockable.

>Ghirapur Aether Grid (Origins)
Allows you to tap your clues to burn the opponent and his creatures.

>Second Harvest (SoI)
Duplicates your clue tokens for 2GG, great with Aether Grid.

>Confront the Unknown
In dedicated clue decks this card can easily push +10 damage just for G. With Second Harvest any attack your opponent doesn't block becomes lethal.

That's as mich as I can recommend without seeing the deck. Show me and I'll be glad to give you a more insightful opinion.
>>
>>46909303
Both Dragons and Magic Origins are rotating out together when Eldritch Moon releases.
>>
>>46909386
No that's really helpful actually!

Yeah, the idea is to investigate a shitload. Thanks! W/G is what I'm leaning towards.
>>
>>46909455
No it's the set after Moon.
>>
>>46909455
PRAISE THE FUCKING LORD
>>
>>46909303
DTK & ORG are the next to go once the fall set hits
>>
>>46909531
yeah, im not spending money on Cocos then
>>
>>46909455
Which is when?
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 312x445
>>46909474
I've been trying to build clues for a while now, they are a lot of fun, definitely more so than Eldrazi tokens. I don't know what I really want though, a creature-heavy deck or an aggro-control styled one.

Still, I can say with absolute certainty that every Clue deck must include at least some blue to include key cards like pic related.

Let me show you what I've put together, if I can find it that is.
>>
>>46908404
2 arlinn kords is worth a little a less than the standard price of avacyn according to tcg. Just find a non shitty gs
>>
>>46909648
Q4 = 2016 so October - December
>>
>>46909474
>>46909771
I threw this together rather fast, but I think it works(?), its an aggro-control variant based on basically squeezing all the damage you can with Prowess and Confront the Unknown, very simple to play and with a lot of room for
Improvement.

Creatures:
>Thraben Inspector x4
>Erdwal Illuminator x4
>Daring Sleuth x4
>Tireless Tracker x3

Other Spells:
>Confront the Unknown x4
>Expose Evil x4
>Declaration in Stone x3
>Negate x4
>Trail of Evidence x3
>Second Harvest x3
>>
Yo, if Titi has 1 counter left, and you cast a card like From under the floorboards or rise from the shores - how does this interact with the stack? Will titi flip and /then/ zombies come out, or will the spell resolve then flip titi?
>>
>tfw no stores have any cards and ordering internationally won't get them here in time for gameday -.-

Card availability in the UK is shite
>>
Are 4 Siege Rhinos still required for every deck if you want to win?
>>
>>46910550
Siege rhinos aren't in the format anymore.
>>
>>46910550
Siege Rhino rotated out. Now it's Collected Company and Declaration in Stone.
>>
>>46910755
Don't forget reflector mage
>>
>>46910755
>tfw can't afford 4x Coco

What's the best way to unload all my cards quickly without taking a huge hit moneywise? I'd like to get atleast 65-75% worth
>>
>>46910861
Depends on what you mean by quickly, ebay has a pretty high RoI while buylists are much faster.
>>
>>46910900
If I have to exert the energy I'd spend at a job just to get rid of my cards I'll just take the loss and stay out of magic permanently.
>>
>playin?
Currently only my 4 color reanimator EDH deck (Havn't played standard since old innistrad/Ravnica block
>buildin?
That sweet sweet b/g sac deck LSV played in the pt
>brewin?
nothing except some canadian highlander stuff which noone plays
Duskwatch Recruiter
>>
>>46911040
How is duskwatch the most interesting card in the set? It is a good card but it is nowhere near as interesting as a lot of other cards like triskaidekaphobia.
>>
>>46900714
>Playin
Nothin. I invested in a deck and the protour showed up with a deck that was effectively what I have but with 6 money cards added I can't possibly afford as they cost almost half as the rest of the deck

>Building
I kind of want to build that crushing tentacles demonic pact deck but I'm not sure it's worth building desu.

>brewing
I don't brew much
13phobia
>>
>because of the battlelands evolving wilds is seeing high level play
This intrigues me.
>>
>>46909184
Aw, anon, I thought youbhad a vamp deck too
>>
File: BRdek.png (46 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
BRdek.png
46 KB, 1152x648
Trying out this deck, used to have 2 kalitas but I replaced it with a pet card (Erebos's Titan) because its way cheap and i think its breddy gud.

Thoughts/Suggestions?
>>
itt: people talking about "quitting magic" and "selling their collection" of 100 cards

you people are making me feel more and more confident about bringing trash this weekend. How many Cancels are in the format?
4 grasp, 4 languish, 20 cancels and a decent wincon sounds great now
>>
>>46912301
Hye anon, I'm only talking about quitting because I legit don't know what to do now post pro tour. I didn't think it'd fuck me over that bad
>>
i'm playing Grixis Goggles/madness.

4x Lightning Axe
4x Fiery Temper
4x Just the Wind
4x Alm of the veins
2x Call of the bloodline
3x Fevered Visions
2x Pyromancer's Goggles
4x Tormenting Voice
1x Magmatic Insight
2x Avacyn's Judgement
2x Ultimate Price
2x Chandra Flamecaller

24 lands

no, there are no creatures in the main.

sideboard is.

4x Radiant Flames
4x Thing in the Ice
2x fiery impulse
3x Engulf the shore
2x Rise from the Tide
>>
>>46912331
what does that even mean. how much money are you willing to spend on a deck, or what kind of trade environment do you have? What kind of magic do you like playing? either pick some colors and a deck you wanna beat or an archetype and I'll spit out something viable.
>>
>>46912371
you want that flying blue skab with recursion for discard
>>
>>46911988
>Erebos's Titan
You need better ways to trigger delirium or you will just die whenever you get a mindwrack demon out, sin prodder is not really that great in constructed, you really should be running languishes, you don't seem to have any way to activate Erebos's Titan's second ability which makes it not really worth playing.
>>
>>46912441
>How much money are you willing to spend
0$.

>What kind of trade enviroment do you have?
I'm not sure what that means

>What kind of magic do you like playing
We're in standard general.

>pick some colors
I think I picked them when I spent money on a deck
>>
>>46912478
Geralf's masterpiece?
>>
>>46912484
I was thinking about better ways to trigger Delirium, but I thought between casting spells and Mindwrack's Mill it would be enough. I can't really think of any other cards to help enable delirium besides cards that discard, and with no madness it doesn't work very well with the deck. I planned on using the Titan as a replacement for Kalitas, but do you think I should just shell out the 50$ for it, or add some stuff to make Titan relevant?
>>
>>46912371
Why are you running just the wind, this seems like a burn deck you would be much better served running fall of the titans in its place.
>>
>>46912494
congratulations on not understanding how this game works in any way

it costs money to play and buying a precon deck is a terrible investment that wasn't going to do anything other than give you a couple cards to call a collection

standard is a format. I didn't ask what format you wanted to play. I asked what kind of magic. Burn isn't a deck. It's an archetype. You could play Counterspells or Mill or Midrange or Aggro or land destruction.

I don't understand what you expected to happen when you spent money on a deck, either a pre-con or a top8. They get dated really fast, especially in a new powerful untested meta.
>>
>>46912508
naw it's like a two drop or something. blue flying skab, bounces back to the field from the graveyard on a phone otherwise i'd look it up myself
>>
>>46912619
Stitchwing Skaab I knew what you were talking about I was just busting your balls.
>>
>>46912600
Anon I am sorry to inform you you have no clue what you are talking about
>>
>>46912478
no I don't.

>>46912589
of course it is, and you have to survive till you get your Judgement/Fall of the Titan's blowout turn.

just the wind is just another card to discard for value.
>>
>>46912586
You are running more than enough self-mill that you should be able to get delirium if your deck is built for it however you really should be running some sort of artifact or enchantment or both to get a few more types so that you have more ways to get to delirium from any given graveyard, maybe also cut a few of your sorceries for languishes which will increasse sorcery number or cut the sin prodders for the same.
>>
File: 1459646206263.jpg (30 KB, 307x386) Image search: [Google]
1459646206263.jpg
30 KB, 307x386
>tfw can't find my Duresses to deal with Rites and CoCo
>tfw I still curve out tighter than anyone else in my meta

Rakdos Eldrazi dreams
>>
>>46912740
I think as far as goggle burn goes you off just focusing on damage http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/405327#online
This is a deck from the pro tour that has a lot of similar ideas, though most of the goggle decks seem to be running Chandras.
>>
>>46912600
Anon I am not new. Nor did I buy a precon. I spent money on singles, built a deck that was known before the pt. Unfortunately the GB aristocrats evolution if the deck invalidates the old version. Unless there's a way to make that deck work without loli and coco, I am fucked until rotation again
>>
>>46912883
whats your decklist, i want to play red black but vamps aren't cutting it in my stores meta
>>
>>46913261
Currently it's

>3 Transgress the Mind (should be Duress if I can find them)
>2 Spatial Contortion
>2 Roast
>4 Visions of Brutality

>4 Eldrazi Mimic
>4 Forerunner of Slaughter
>4 Matter Reshaper
>3 Vile Aggregate
>2 Eldrazi Obligator
>4 Thought-Nazi
>3 Dust Stalker
>4 Reality Smasher
>Lands

Board:
2 Languish
2 Kalitas
4 Wasteland Strangler
2 Flaying Tendrils
2 Roast
3 Skin Infection
>>
File: 1457063614623.png (1 MB, 959x866) Image search: [Google]
1457063614623.png
1 MB, 959x866
>>46913314
thank you so much!
>>
>>46913431
Visions of Brutality is the best removal in standard for an aggro deck
>>
>>46913314
Forgot that I switch to 2 Strangler, 2 Bearer of Silence, 0 Roast, 2 Chandra (6 drop) in the board
>>
>>46908404
Trade avacyn on pucatrade, then trade for arlinn
>>
>>46913461
Do you just run wastes and the r/b hand lands?
>>
>>46914182
4 Corrupted Crossroads, 2 Sea Gate Wreckages, 4 tangolands, 2 hand lands, swamps and mountains (would run more hand lands if I had them)

Land list is usually in flux since I'm basically a three color aggro deck without fetches

Never run wastes, why would you ever run wastes
>>
>>46914240
>Tangolands
>>
>>46914300
Yep, they're pretty shit. I know.

Or are you being autistic about the name?
>>
>>46913461
Holy shit, that didn't occur to me how fucking useful VoB was. What do I take out in >>46904539 though?
>>
>>46914391
Well, I haven't played the deck, But Ravenous Bloodseeker seems like ass, as does Incorrigible Youths
>>
>>46914240
>why would you ever run wastes
because they look pretty.
>>
>>46914475
>>>/fowg/
>>
>>46914492
Jokes on you I'm already there.
>>
>>46914492
What is this meme?!
>>
>Playin?
Jund Company and RUG Assault Formation. Thinking of switching the AF deck to just RG

>Buildin?
Nothing at the moment, but I've been thinking about Jund or Abzan midrange

>Brewin?
Mono-G something

>Most interesting card in the set?
Goldnight Castigator just off the top of my head
>>
>>46912600
New standard is always a gamble. You either buy early and hope the meta doesn't shape up to kill your deck or you buy post pt and pay the 500-1000% mark up. Or you quit for 3 months every rotation and buy when the meta is set and prices have somewhat normalized.
>>
File: Aiki-235107.jpg (52 KB, 409x535) Image search: [Google]
Aiki-235107.jpg
52 KB, 409x535
>>46914923
>tfw picked up Eldrazi for pennies right before the spike
>tfw still turning 5/5 Eldrazi Mimics sideways which each cost me ~50 cents in trade
>>
While Bant company has been dispelled at the pro level, is there a reason in my Mardi control not to sideboard hallowed moonlight for Coco? Or is that meh card and I should just run more languish and radiant flames anyway
>>
File: 184[1].jpg (68 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
184[1].jpg
68 KB, 312x445
>>46900714
>buildin?
This pile of crap, mostly because I think Stensia Masquerade is a hilarious card to spring on someone. I haven't played Standard in a long time so I just want to test out cards and see the new meta in action.

22 creatures
>4 insolent neonate
>4 falkenrath gorger
>4 ravenous bloodseeker
>4 bloodmad vampire
>4 incorrigible youths
>2 voldaren duelist
16 noncreatures
>4 stensia masquerade
>4 fiery impulse
>4 fiery temper
>4 exquisite firecraft
22 mountains

sideboard:
>3 act of treason
>4 sparkmage's gambit
>4 lightning axe
>4 village messenger

>brewin?
I only do budget decks for Standard, sadly.

I'm liking Insolent Neonate.
>>
>>46915336
I wanted to try Masquerade out in my build too, but I ran out of room
>>
File: brainjar.png (387 KB, 1038x647) Image search: [Google]
brainjar.png
387 KB, 1038x647
>Not playing the latest meme deck

4 Anticipate
4 Brain in a Jar
1 Disperse 1u
4 Nagging Thoughts
4 Grip of the Roil
4 Pieces of the Puzzle
4 Engulf the Shore
4 Pore Over the Pages
4 Part the Waterveil
4 Rise from the Tides

4 Blighted Cataract
15 Island
4 Mage-Ring Network

Sideboard

2 Dispel u 0.30
2 Disperse 1u 0.28
4 Negate 1u 0.56
4 Send to Sleep 1u 0.48
3 Void Shatter 1uu 0.84

$20 and you can win games easy out of nowhere. No one expects a horde of 20 zombies one shotting you after 3 extra turns.
>>
How does x cost and discard as part of cost spells work with Goblin Dark-Dwellers? I'm assuming discards are just counted as paid for, but not sure how x costs are handled. Are they just treated as x=0? And with pyro goggles, x costs are applies to both copies correct? And are discard costs not applicable?
>>
>>46915441
I am trying to figure out a UB version of this that will have better removal(languish, grasp of darkness, etc.) suggestions?

Deck
4x Anticipate
4x Brain in a Jar
4x Choked Estuary
2x Duress
4x Grasp of Darkness
8x Island
4x Languish
4x Mage-Ring Network
4x Nagging Thoughts
3x Part the Waterveil
4x Pieces of the Puzzle
4x Pore Over the Pages
3x Rise from the Tides
4x Sunken Hollow
4x Swamp

Sideboard
2x Dispel
2x Infinite Obliteration
3x Negate
4x Send to Sleep
2x Ultimate Price
2x Virulent Plague

Considering trying to get dark petition in there since if I can set that off with the brain I can net gain mana as well as get the tides to my hand for the next turn.
>>
>>46915647
Goblin Dark-Dwellers lets you play an instant or sorcery without paying its manacosts from your graveyard.

If theres an X in the cost. Because you arent paying anything for it then the cost is 0. X = 0

If the card says.
As an additional cost to cast (for example Tormenting Voice) Discard a card. Then you have to discard a card, Dark-Dwellers lets you skip paying the mana, but additional costs still apply.

When copying spells. You copy the spell exactly as it was cast.

If you casted a spell with X = 5, the copy will be X = 5 too. If the spell has several modes, then the copy will have the same modes as the original spell. You can only choose new targets for the copy, everything stays the same.
>>
>>46915647
Things like Fireball are cast with X = 0.

Things that have discard a card as an additional cost, you still discard a card.

If the value for X is determined in the rules text of the card, generally that still determines X.
>>
>>46915777
That's what I figured. Just needed some reassurance so I can tell the kids I get paired up with that yes that is how it works
>>
Is this Chandra playable in any deck, or should I just get rid of her?
>>
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-20-9-tix-standard-mono-blue-brains

For $20 bucks it looks pretty interesting. Doesn't need Jaces either.
>>
>>46915977
Chandra is good in pretty much every red deck.
>>
>>46901676

I play Esper Pact myself but i'm also running a Sigil of the Empty Throne package in it as well. Things you need to look out for with the deck is:

a) Lumbering Falls. You have absolutely no way to remove this at any speed. If they've dropped an Always Vigilant then remove it asap or counter it.

b) Ramp is a frustrating matchup game 1. World Breakers will just remove your Pacts/Nyx and beat you down. Save your Angelic Purge for World Breakers if you can but even with this you have to worry about Sylvan Advocate beatdown. Game 2 your Infinite Obliteration naming World Breaker/Ulamog can give you breathing space.

Other than that your control matchup and aggro/midrange matchups are pretty solid.
>>
This is what Im taking to game day against what I can only assume is going to be Bant Co and GW tokens. How fucked am i?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/12-04-16-cYA-rw-humans/
>>
File: mEnnZZp[1].jpg (81 KB, 720x474) Image search: [Google]
mEnnZZp[1].jpg
81 KB, 720x474
>>46916024
>>46915977
Forgot image

I meant this chandra.
>>
>>46905250

Always Watching is pretty cheap at the moment and safe to invest in. Declaration in Stone is a rare and unless you must have them to play now then I would wait on them.
>>
>>46915647

X is 0 in any zone other than the stack where X is the value determined on cast and payed for.
>>
>>46916116

If you are looking to play her you should look into playing Zada Prowess type decks.
>>
>>46916116

She's okay, the main problem is she'll never get her ult off, mathematically by the time you flip her and plus her up to ult range you will have won the game.

I love her as an EDH commander though.
>>
>>46900714
>Playing
Monowhite humans. I love tribal decks, so this deck being both good and tribal makes me happy.
>Building
Finishing up B/G elves. It'll only be relevant for about 6 more months, but it's an explosive, fun deck to bust out at a standard event
>most interesting card in the set
None of the cards are very "interesting" to me, but I'd have to say Westvale Abbey. A land that transforms into a huge creature is pretty unique. Even if it's overhyped, I still run two in my humans deck since it's not a bad way to end the game.
>>
>>46904930

Honestly 4x Legendaries is fine for that given list in this case(Olivia, Drana) just because in that list he will always want to either see it in opening hand to cast asap or wants a good chance of drawing into it and curving well.
>>
>playin?
GW Humans like the rest of the winners. I pulled a Sigarda at the pre-release and ended out rolling with it into a green and white human deck, so just got lucky that white ended out being fairly strong for the moment. Still trying to come up with good ways to deal with board wipes though.
>buildin?
Nothing yet.
>brewin?
As below, I am trying to piece together a blue/red/black TITI deck for my friend but I don't really play such colours or control decks like this, so I am needing help to pick out the best options.
Probably some of the more unusual ones are those that need you to sacrifice lands to attack - gitgud frogger and so on. A mechanic i'd probably never play but I see others enjoying it.

Anyway, below is a copy past of the cards i'm considering for above mentioned deck - but I need to remove about 20 to bring it down to 60 cards, and I don't really know where to begin. Probably Diregraf Colossus right off the bat, it offers nothing in the deck.
2x Avacyn's Judgment (SOI)
2x Biting Rain (SOI)
4x Burn from Within (SOI)
1x Chandra, Flamecaller (OGW)
4x Diregraf Colossus (SOI)
4x Dual Shot (SOI)
2x Evolving Wilds (BFZ)
4x Fiery Temper (SOI)
4x Foreboding Ruins (SOI)
2x From Under the Floorboards (SOI)
2x Geistblast (SOI)
2x Geralf's Masterpiece (SOI)
4x Grasp of Darkness (OGW)
4x Island (SOI)
4x Lightning Axe (SOI)
4x Mountain (SOI)
4x Murderous Compulsion (SOI)
4x Negate (OGW)
4x Pore Over the Pages (SOI)
2x Rise from the Tides (SOI)
4x Shamble Back
7x Swamp (SOI)
3x Thing in the Ice (SOI)
2x Tormenting Voice (SOI)
2x Wandering Fumarole (OGW)
1x Westvale Abbey (SOI)
>>
File: first deck i guess.png (2 MB, 1853x805) Image search: [Google]
first deck i guess.png
2 MB, 1853x805
So I just got into MTG a couple months ago, I've been going to drafts at my game store, and I had already picked up a SOI deck builders kit around launch.
I drew a couple defiant bloodlords, once in the SOI pack, and once in a draft, so I traded for another couple, and using the other cards I have so far, I put this together.
I know it's a mess and shit, but I was just after some advice, I dont know what this kind of archetype would be called, so I'm having some problems finding similar decks.
everything online that uses defiant broodlord is a black/white deck that I have seen.
I've had some joy with this deck as it is now, but if I cant draw that defiant bloodlord, or any kind of hard heal or lifelink it just falls apart quickly.
so this is literally the first deck I have been able to put together and say with some confidence it's slightly better than a 100% randomised deck.

I still plan on going to drafts, but in terms of buying singles... I have no idea which cards I should be cutting and which I should be searching for a full set of.
pls help standard wizards.
>>
>>46911988
You need languish, minimum at least two. If you're running full copies of Erebos and Mindwrack I'd run 3 Languish as they're both 4/5s and sideboard To the Slaughter unless you know you're playing against a lot of Indestructible/Oujtai.

I'd have some number of ruinous paths too, probably replace 2 Transgress. I don't think too highly of Sin Prodder and would probably replace them for 2x Kalitas and 1 more Mindwrack and 1 Titan.

As for R/B(/x) I've always found that a Dragonmaster Outcast is good in the sideboard for the longer games too, especially as it can be bought back with K-Command too.
3 Infinite Obliteration is too many in the sideboard, especially as you already have GDD main to reoccur them.

Overall though the list is reasonably solid and you have most of the core bits. The Languish is the only thing I'd strongly recommend, it's amazingly good right now especially with the two 5 toughness creatures.
>>
Man that Seasons Past.dec that LSV was playing is the real deal. It's like playing against the old Junk Rites deck in INN/RTR Standard. Nothing but recurring value over and over and over again.
>>
>>46915047

Tokens also sees fringe play so I would keep some copies. Unless there's some other card that is absolutely more vital to put in for another particular bad matchup.
>>
>>46917177
LSV was playing the sac deck, not the seasons past deck
>>
>>46917240

Really? I thought it was LSV or some other member of CFB that was playing it? My mistake. Either way I digress that deck is disgustingly good. It matters not what you answer they will get their shit back.
>>
>>46917263
Wish I had a spare hundo to buy the cards for it.
>>
>>46917312

It's actually one of the cheaper decks in Standard at the moment. It's breaking just about $250
>>
>>46917338
Too rich for my blood
>>
>>46917263
Exile counters eg. Void Shatter/Spell Shrivel and Hand disruption seem to be the main ways of countering it. Or just ending the game before they can start the loop.
>>
>>46917365

That's true but there's only so much of my sideboard I could really devote against such a deck. There's very little way to hate on the GY in this STD right now(Cranial Archive rotated out booooo). Doesn't help that they're also playing massive amounts of hand disruption either.
>>
>>46917380
Depends what you're playing really to how you'd counter it. I imagine the eldrazi package is pretty good against it, smasher survives languish, reshaper gives value when it gets killed and ThoughtKnot lets you take renewal/petition/seasons.
>>
>>46913461
It's good, but I sideboard it because it's really iffy in the matchup against Bant Company or Avacyn who cause most of their problems with text effects.
>>
are you actually entitled to know how many cards are in either library?
can you count a library? or do you just have either write the draws down or remember them?
>>
>>46917704
Derived information is information to which all players are entitled access, but opponents are not obliged to assist
in determining and may require some skill or calculation to determine. Derived information consists of:
• The number of any type of objects present in any game zone.

Chances are they will count, if they prefer you to not handle their deck.
>>
>>46917704

>are you actually entitled to know how many cards are in either library?
Yes
>can you count a library?
Yes. However most don't unless their library has been milled a crapload to the point where you think the library contains less cards than in the graveyard.
>or do you just have either write the draws down or remember them?
You can also count the number of cards in hand, graveyard and in play to get a 99% accurate assessment of the cards remaining in a library.
>>
>>46917746
>You can also count the number of cards in hand, graveyard and in play to get a 99% accurate assessment of the cards remaining in a library.
you can't leave me hanging like that
where's the 1%?
>>
>>46917816
The 1% chance the dude has a deck with more than 60 cards in it.
>>
>>46917816

1% chance that they're not playing a 60 card deck(not likely) and the other chance is in Limited where there's a fairly good on average chance that they're not playing a 40 card deck. Usually in limited if someone is playing more than 40 there's a good reason for it and can sometimes be beneficial to play between 40-45 cards due to weird things like mill being a strategy for that format(Return to Ravnica block draft)
>>
>>46908651
>tfw you spent ages brewing your deck, then it comes first in protour so every one thinks you're net decking.
>>
File: 2134235.png (159 KB, 245x350) Image search: [Google]
2134235.png
159 KB, 245x350
Is this a good and fun deck to play?

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/405248#paper
>>
>>46917591
VoB is any damage, not just combat damage. If you enchant Avacyn before she flips, you win
>>
4x Tireless Tracker
4x Thraben Inspector
4x Elvish Visionary
4x Duskwatch Recruiter
4x Reflector Mage
4x Erdwal Illuminator
3x Thalia's Lieutenant
3x Cryptolith Rites
2x Traverse the Ulvenwald
1x Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
2x Port Town
1x Fortified Village
2x Westvale Abbey
1x U
6x G
5x W

I know this isn't 60, but I feel like its a good engine. I'm just not sure how to get it working. I want to avoid cards like collected company, unless I buy a few dragons packs and luck onto one.

I have

1x Dec in Stone
1x Always Watching
1x Hanweir Militia Captain
1x Bygone Bishop
1x Descend Upon the Sinful
2x Silverfur Partisan

I don't have any big swingy creatures or cool planeswalkers (sans Nissa), so I'm not really sure how I can make this work. However, I really think with Cryptolith Rites+all the investigating, I can find something and have the means to play it.

Any thoughts?
>>
>>46920025
of course, I do have 2x Westvale Abbey so that can be a big swingy creature. I also have a bunch of Confront the Unknown for more investigating. I just feel like investigating+duskwatch recruiter should lead into something.
>>
File: Bane of Bala Ged.jpg (1 MB, 1160x1600) Image search: [Google]
Bane of Bala Ged.jpg
1 MB, 1160x1600
Is Processing viable?
>>
>>46920146
BW, 4 Transgress the Mind, 4 Declaration in Stone, 4 Anguished Unmaking, 4 Silkwrap, 4 Flaying Tendrils, 4 Wasteland Strangler

Seems fine
>>
Is buying coco right now going to be a trap?

I understand it sees play in modern elves and abzan.
>>
>>46920749
ofc its a trap u knucklehead
>>
>>46912371
why not sinister concoction, it seems perfect as a discard outlet for your deck
>>
It's agreed that going second against white humans is a good call right?
>>
>>46920901
Why would you do that
>>
>>46920901
If you want to get your face smashed in, yes
>>
>>46918709
>mfw was on the"feature table" at last fnm with my gw tokens list and some trytoohards called it a completely unviable deck
>>
>>46916991
I'm new but I can say for your colors Bounding Krasis is basically better than Stitched Mangler in every way that counts.

My quesiton is though why all the self mill? Forgotten Creation, Behold the Beyond, Pieces seem to be setting up Graveyard shenanigans but nothing I see helps that out.

But that's my two cents.
>>
>tfw a chef
>tfw you're getting back into standard
>you will never get to play fnm/weekend tournies

fuck. i need a different line of work. also for family reasons (wife has weekends off)
>>
File: 1366823447983.jpg (4 KB, 114x114) Image search: [Google]
1366823447983.jpg
4 KB, 114x114
>>46921988
>chef
if you're the chef you could reasonably pawn off friday night to the sous chef. that's what my chef does.
>>
>>46922132

Yeah, that's not how I run my kitchen. I might take 1 or 2 fridays off in a year.
>>
>>46922259
why do you staff people you don't trust? if it isn't an issue of trust then how is that sous going to advance their career if you're not allowing them to get that kind of experience?
>>
>>46922445

Protestant work ethic.
>>
> Building Izzet Mill
> Mana Source releases video for same deck
> Except for the Jaces it's nearly card for card

I don't want to be accused of netdecking.
>>
>>46923621
>built tutelage
>surprised when it was an already deck.
>>
Working on this for game day.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-03-16-ally-aristocrats/
Any suggestions?
>>
File: JesusChrist.jpg (56 KB, 225x220) Image search: [Google]
JesusChrist.jpg
56 KB, 225x220
>>46923621
>Strangers might think I'm not a precious unique deck artist
>>
So BR vamps superior 1 drop: Pic related or Insolent Neonate?
>>
File: indulgentaristocrat.jpg (42 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
indulgentaristocrat.jpg
42 KB, 265x370
Shit, forgot pic
>>
>>46900820

>Broke ass version of LSV's deck, I have the core parts just no lili and one Cryptolith Rites

Are you me?
>>
File: Masterpiece Jank.png (41 KB, 566x552) Image search: [Google]
Masterpiece Jank.png
41 KB, 566x552
SHOW ME YOUR JANK
>>
File: screenshot.png (25 KB, 953x229) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
25 KB, 953x229
I have no idea what to do with this deck anymore.
>>
>>46925019
cut sidisi for bearer of sacrifice and add coco?
>>
>>46924343
why not both
>>
>>46926424
It's not a coco deck
>>
File: 1458190678167.jpg (256 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
1458190678167.jpg
256 KB, 768x432
>>46926447
No room on this list

Creature (29)

2x Asylum Visitor
4x Drana, Liberator of Malakir
4x Falkenrath Gorger
4x Heir of Falkenrath Flip
3x Incorrigible Youths
4x Indulgent Aristocrat
4x Olivia, Mobilized for War
4x Ravenous Bloodseeker

Land (23)

2x Cinder Barrens
4x Foreboding Ruins
6x Mountain
4x Smoldering Marsh
7x Swamp

Instant (8)

4x Fiery Temper
4x Lightning Axe

Sideboard (15)

3x Avacyn's Judgment
2x Duress
3x Fiery Impulse
2x Grasp of Darkness
3x Transgress the Mind
2x Ultimate Price
>>
>>46920749
Yes, why waste nearly $100 on a playset that rotates in about 5 months. Find something newer with similar utility to replace it if you haven't already got them, unless you have that kind of cash to burn.
>>
File: Image (3).png (142 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).png
142 KB, 223x311
>>46926847
neonante is better for if you are going for a madness deck which yours seems to be, you also really should find some way to put in pic related
>>
>>46927015
I want to soooo bad, but dat tight list tho
>>
>>46927082
cut one each drana and olivia since you can't have 2 at once out, cut the asylum visitors and put in 4 masquerades?
>>
>>46927116
Imma try it
>>
>>46921955
fucken ae man, 2 cents, that's what I was after
>My quesiton is though why all the self mill
basically to find a lifegain combo and a defiant bloodlord before I lose, i dunno, that's the strongest win condition I think I have.

>Pieces seem to be setting up Graveyard shenanigans but nothing I see helps that out.
yeah, these cards are the best I can make with what I have, There's even a prized amalgam I want to put in, but have no reason to because I'm not casting dick from my graveyard.

this is babbies first deck I know it's a mess and ting, but I think it's the strongest combo I can field at the moment. is the self mill to find cards i need a dumb idea? I haven't seen a serious mill deck at my local meta, so i'm not entirely worried.
>>
>>46924597
It has changed slightly since that post. I ended up getting some packs after work and pulled 1 cryptolith but I put it in U/G eldrazi because its desperately needed it
>>
>>46928949
>people keep cards exclusively for one deck
awww yuup for those times you're playing two games with separate decks simultaneously.
>>
>>46926424
So what are the required staples per color right now?

>Green must use coco
>blue must use Jace
>white must use Avacyn
Black and red have any must use chase rare/mythics yet this standard?
>>
>>46929133
I have multiple standard decks(3). The shitty LSV I am making budget edits although I doubt hangarback walker is considered budget to some, I pulled a playset of them back during the original release. I'll probably bring my R/G werewolf tribal because its the only deck that is set in stone atm.
>>
>>46929206
>Red
Radiant Flames
>Black
Ruinous Path?
>>
What is the story points for Shadows?
>>
>>46929400
you mean the lore?
gimmie a sec I'll condense it.
>>
>>46929496
>46929496
Yeah Lore, thanks. I dont play Magic anymore, but I try to keep up with the lore. Mainly for Bolas and Phyrexia.
>>
Best way to sell all your shit? Do I just trade it all to scg and take a massive hit or waste a week of work time selling individual cards on ebay?
>>
>>46929643
Don't use scg. Use ebay if you need cash. If you are using said cash to buy more cards just trade in to your LGS
>>
>>46929679
>Trade it into your local game show
Makes no sense, they'd give even less than SCG. And I am not one of those "muh poor LGS" types. Most LGS' (especially magic focused ones) are run by subhuman scumbags.

Guess I'm screwed then. Won't fool me again,
>>
>>46929699
Then trade in to scg. Then come back and bitch about how they ripped you off, idiot.
>>
>>46929776
That makes no sense, anon. Try to be coherent next time. Why would SCG rip me off when they pay more but then you suggest I get even less from my LGS?

If I had followed your advice I'd come back complaining about getting ripped off since SCG actually pays the most out of any site. Your LGS will always pay the least
>>
>>46929400
>>46929496
>jace looks for sorin
>jace can't find sorin
>goes and sees lilliana, who tells him to go to sorins old house, and also that sorin will murder his ass
>sorins old house is all fucked up and floaty and shit like on zendikar
>jace watches some weird memories he finds in markov manor
>something about cryptoliths (in memory)
>jace finds out sorin made avacyn to protect innistrad (in memory)
>avacyn goes postal (in memory)
[insert convoluted memories and tamyo's journal here]
>jace starts headed to drownyard temple
>reading journal entries about astrology shit, tamyo -the author- was interested in innistrads moon
>the entries go on to say there is an invisible astral body fucking with the moon, and in turn, the tides, and various werecritters around
>keywords eldrich moon, jace is all confused and shit.
>figures out some kind of clue in the journal about laylines and he heads off to Nephalia which is a coastal town.
>tries talking to the locals, and finds some weird culty shit going on.
>brain hacks some poor chump with magic and gets pwned by anti-virus software magic
>jace trips the fuck out, whatever, he keeps going
>heads round the corner to drownyard temple, which has fuckloads of smashed up ships around it
>he sees massive cryptoliths in a circle, pointing towards one point.
>there's a zombie work force working on the structure and jace is like 'what the fuck lilliana'
>jace trips the fuck out again [insert poor internal character conflicts here]
cont.
>>
>>46929844
Tell me what is considered less than what scg would pay. Also I didn't state your LGS would pay less, you did.
>>
>>46929912
Then why are you saying I'm going to complain about getting ripped off for getting less ripped off?
>>
>>46929973
>>
>>46928437
>I haven't seen a serious mill deck at my local meta, so i'm not entirely worried.

This is exactly what I'm playing at my Game Day on Saturday, UG Clue Mill hence the Bounding Kraysis suggestion.

How do people feel about this? Should I post a decklist of what I plan to have by then?
>>
Would you say yes if Jace asked you out on a date?
>>
>>46930154
Absolutely not
>>
>>46916991
Okay, you are right to assume your deck is a mess, I don't think you will ever be able to win against a deck that actually has structure.

The biggest 2 flaws, are that your deck has a really bad curve (You have so few good cards early game, and too many super expensive cards) and your deck has no focus or strategy.

I would recommend looking at any of the top decks at mtg goldfish, and then either playing with them, or modifying one to fit your style or price range.

You have to be pretty experienced at the game to be able to just make a deck up from scratch and have it work.
>>
>>46929866
So Jace is pretty much always the POV character isnt he?
>>
>>46929866
>so jace is still tripping out sitting on a hill near the drownyard temple
>one of his hallucinations is a moonfolk from kamigawa, and he's like 'oh snap is that tamyo?'
>tamyo heads to the middle of the cryptoliths and starts making a racket, doing calculations and such
>zombie workforce gets all riled up
>trippy hallucinated tamyo looks up and says "they're here"
>fuckloads of angels rock up
>trippy tamyo turns into trippy lilliana
>trippy lilliana is like "yo i fucking hate angels"
>jace realizes lilliana is behind this whole hootenanny
>he goes to see her and is like 'what the fuck man i thought we were mates'
>she shoots him in the face with purple lightning, and also she has a weird headache
>lilliana starts arcing jace up with necromatic engery, and jace just takes it and tries mind hacking her
>lilliana is like 'fuck man i dont wanna kill you'
>jace is like woah hold up check out this crazy journal I found at sorins old house
>jace tells her about how the drownyard temple is getting jacked up with laylines and shit, and about the zombie workforce and angel moshpit
>lilliana is like 'so? i told you angels were crazy man, it's not me'
>jace says 'fuck what a relief, i thought you were doing crazy experiments to fuck with the chain veil
>they come to the conclusion it's probably avacyn doing all this shit
>jace says "oh by the way dont fucking read this journal bitch' for some reason
>also dont fuck with the chain veil
>jace heads off to hit up avacyn and ask 'what the fuck man?'
>lilliana heads off to fuck with the chain veil some more
that's what we're up to
I just realized I started halfway through.
want the beginning or just stop?
>>
>>46929206
>>46929389

red is absolutely fall of the titans

black is absolutely languish
>>
>>46924365
I guess you can use that to respond to removal but still. Use Village Messenger or Zurgo instead if you really need 8 one drops.
>>
>>46927116
You can discard the extras, and chances are they're going to get removed anyway. Both of them are too powerful to not run 4 of.

I'm running 4 asylum visitor and 3 avaricious dragon. Drawing three cards per turn is great lategame power.
>>
>>46929206

>White must use Avacyn

More like White must use Declaration in Stone.
>>
>>46930395
Im down for more. I thought Sorin killed Avacyn?
>>
>>46930646
this, white has to use a fucking 20 dollar removal spell in 4 of in the 75 or its wasting its time.

hilarious wizards.
>>
>>46930646
More like every deck must use white.

>>46930765
Not yet. It'll probably be the last scene before Eldritch Moon
>>
>>46930395
you left out the biggest fucking part.

Jace is utterly mindfucked after making contact with the "Nothingness" that was connected to the head of some random crazy lady.

like, even more mindfucked than when Bolas did it to him, the Nothingness is heavily hinted as being Emrakul-in-transit and its partially here and partially 'there'.

when he confronted LIliana he was completely out of his fucking gourd and even somehow saw the Raven Man (who is heavily hinted at being a figment of Liliana's conscience)
>>
>>46916001
Looks interesting. What possibilities do I have to get into the top8 with this meme deck in a aggro metagame including GW tokens and Bant Humans?
>>
>>46931071
Absolutely zero chances. Get a real deck you poorfag
>>
>>46929988
I am sorry anon, I just wanted to make some of my money back instead of just eating 300$ loss. I'll just try to get into Yugioh or FoW, probably someone who will trade their shit for magic shit.
>>
>>46931087
really? no hope?
>>
>>46930388
those ones I did were, the beginning not so much
I'll start from the beginning article, it's not jace to start.

>once upon a time in gastaf, near ulthenwald in innistrad
>all the townspeople are itchy and feel weird
>some fella calls a town meeting, and says "yo my cow got possessed or sumshit and killed my other cows"
>everyone is like "yep that sounds like a demon to me"
>two chicks say "nah man that's a werecritter", and something else about avacyns white magic which usually stops this kind of carry on
>fella bursts in and says someone at the inn was murdered in a gruesome fashon
>the hunter chicks are like 'yep werewolf for sure'
>they go investigate the inn, and find out it's a husband/wife that were staying there, and the husband accidentally killed her and ran off when transformed.
>they set out tracking it with various silver weapons, and soon find the tracks are weird as fuck, and the werecritter is a bit unsure
>someone finds them and tells them there was another gruesome murder back in town
>they head back, sure enough, poor fella is all torn apart, and they hear a howl from the distance
>they chase after it to Avabruck in Kessig which is a well known werewolf and ghosty hangout.
>on the trail they find body after body, but not torn up in gruesome fashion, but just pale and drained of blood and other various mysteries
>they work out "oh shit the husband isn't a werewolf, the wife is! and she fucked him up probably"
>they keep going, and find the trail ends at a weird makeshift altar
>they see a woman with a weird occulty vibe about her standing in front of it, saying some cult words, including "Ormendahl"
>on the altar is the husband, bound up and shit begging with his wife not to shank him up with the dagger she's holding
>the two chicks sneak up and speartackle cultwoman to the ground, about to kill her, before oldmate husbando asks them not to
cont
>>
>>46904539
>refining
>4 of both of the most obvious scrub traps for the deck

Drana and Olivia are terrible in this deck why does everyone keep trying to force them?
>>
>>46931391
What are the alternatives?
>>
>>46930845
yes all of those things, mind hacks fucked him up, the works.

>>46931143
cont

>husbando goes on to explain he was a guard at a crypt, and accidentally let a demon spirit out, which fucked up his wife
>he goes to try and stop them killing her, there's a bit of a tussle, and demonwife stabs husbando in the chest with the knife
>suddenly demonwife powers up and hulks out, fucking up the two chicks
>the chicks are fucked, suddenly a wolfpack rocks up and distracts demonwife
>they jump on her at this chance and stab her up
>they stand up and are like "oh fuck we're suddenly surrounded by hundreds of werewolves"
>one of the werewolves turns into a naked woman and the two chicks are like "what the fuck werewolves can't just change like that"
>the werewoman tells them that she basically runs a badass vigilante wolfpack who was tracking the woman too, various mysteries get solved
>the two chicks are like "hey thanks and all, but no werewolves allowed in our hood, this is our turf fuck off"
>the werewoman says some big shit is going to go down and you little girls should fuck off and leave it to her and her badass wolfpack.
>the chicks ask what big shit she's talking about
>werewoman says she doesn't really know, but bad vibes you know? and mentions to the demonwifes corpse
>then she transforms back into a wolf on the spot and books it back into the woods, leaving the hunter chicks there thinking "fuck I did NOT know werewolves could do that"
and that was the end of the first story
cont
>>
File: ace attorney.jpg (30 KB, 243x269) Image search: [Google]
ace attorney.jpg
30 KB, 243x269
>>46931107
You still don't get it you thick skulled jackass. I asked for what you consider a less pay and what your LGS would pay and you kept making a roundabout of it. My LGS pays 80% of the card's value(reduced if the card is damaged) or the owner pays the full price if they are looking for the card themself.
>>
>>46931130
Literally zero unless you are a god at this game. There's a reason expensive decks are expensive.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.