[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: imuge.jpg (332 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
imuge.jpg
332 KB, 1024x768
Breaking Cycles Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD'

>Bunch of Other 40k Stuff
https://mega.nz/#F!8EtgSTSD!OaWgQeKlh-4stSMqVbXwVQ!9UtFDbTb

https://mega.nz/#F!8EtgSTSD!OaWgQeKlh-4stSMqVbXwVQ!cdFiWILI
>>
Is fluffing my Space Marine's allied detachment of IG as chapter serfs fluffy?

Or is that just something that would never happen?
>>
>>46898045
There are many, many circumstances with Astra Militarum partners with Astartes. IG is just a bunch of normal guys so sometimes they need a chapters support.

Does anyone have that excerpt where (I think it was some IG general/officers) was telling the DA Chaptermaster that he knew about the fallen in a hinty kind of way.
>>
>>46898061
Yeah but I mean is it heresy for a chapter to use their serfs in battle?

It kind of bypasses the whole 1000 men in a chapter rule if they can have 10,000 chapter serfs acting as soldiers
>>
Tell me about the most recent game you played 40k general.
What were the armies? What happened over the course of the game? Who won?
Did anything spectacular, awesome, ridiculous or just plain funny occur?
>>
Nobs or meganobs?
>>
>>46898045
Chapter Serfs keep battle barges running, polish boots and grow food, and are unlikely to be used for fighting amongst most chapters. that said, its your chapter, do what you want, they're just unlikely to be using many vehicles.
>>
Abaddon puts the dread Sorting Hat of Chaos atop your head. What god's name does it cry out?
>>
>>46898096
Oh I am done and didn't read the serfs part. Still on my morning cup of coffee.

I do not believe it works, the only "serfs" that go to combat are the Techmarine servitors as far as I know.

If you were a chaos legion maybe?
>>
>>46898045
The Templar's use their chapter serfs as warriors iirc and I use my imps as a mix of guard as serfs in my head cannon.
>>
>>46898096
you could have it so the chapter takes more serfs than usual and uses them soldiers, but some serfs are needed for all the menial but necessary tasks to keep a chapter running.
>>
For a planet with extreme, but tolerable temperatures, (preferably towards cold) temperatures, would it be better:

-F - yellow-white star (slightly bigger than the sun, longer seasons, more moons).
-A planet with an unusual tilted axis or unusual elongated orbit?
-A geography that encourages more extreme climatology like larger oceans, bigger mountains etc?
>>
>>46898100
Skitarii/IG versus Necrons. The Crons player was playing a CAD, was new, lost his monolith turn 2 from meltabomb vets, and got shot to shit, but went pretty well with his deceiver, his lychguard and lord. End game Skittles had more units alive, but all his tanks and most of his IG got wiped. There was only the C'tan and three lychguard/the lord left
>>
>>46898123
Jesus H. Christ, the only true answer.
>>
>>46898100
>What were the armies?

My Ravenwing Dark Angels v. His Ultramarines at 2500pts

>What happened over the course of the game?

We had the last Maelstrom Mission (contact lost?) where you start with 6 and go down. He scored 11 points turn one.

>Who won?

Final score was 16 to 5 my loss.

>Did anything spectacular, awesome, ridiculous or just plain funny occur?

We have faced each other many times but this was the first for this point value and he did a really good job of keeping my army jinking.

This was just a good normal pickup game nothing crazy unfortunately.
>>
>>46898160

Never heard of a Chaos God by that name, guess he must be one of the Z-listers.
>>
My local gw is running a tournament in the coming weeks and the only rule is that you're only going to be using the contents of the "get started" kits. I'm trying to decide between either the tau box or the necron box and am keen to hear what people think I should use.
>>
>>46898123
Nurgle because I'm really pessimistic, miserable and I'd probably be willing to settle for a god that pretends to love me.
>>
File: 1457800155127.png (265 KB, 450x375) Image search: [Google]
1457800155127.png
265 KB, 450x375
>>46898100
HoR killteam

200 points Orks vs 250 points emperors children, My boss nob carried the game hardcore, sweeping aside cultists and surviving a hail of noise marine fire like nobodies business, chopped them to bits too.

I completely forgot about two of my storm boys for the entire game that i hid behind various bits of cover and two of his chosen beat an entire squad of boys to death in melee. The boys charged too. (1 died form overwatch, 4+ to hit and 4+ to wound, made all of them)

Mission was hold and control/king of the hill. Fairly decisive victory for the orks(50% of the orks remaining including the boss nob vs 2 chosen and his leader)
>>
>>46898155
I'm no astrophysicist, but why would a larger brighter star make colder temperatures? Wouldn't a tilt not really change anything because it's such a minute change in distance it wouldn't really matter? I'm also not sure about how geography changes climatology. I suppose it could be a planet with less volcanic activity? Look at fenris. They orbit a K-star which is orange/red so cooler in real life, though described as pale white in the lore. And has a very oval path of orbit. Valhalla got hit by a comet fucking it over. Just some ideas.
>>
>>46898282

The temperature would be the same within the habitable zone. However, seasons last longer or shorter accordingly to the distance from the star, the orbit path and tidal forces.
>>
>>46898155
>>46898282
Unrelated to that anons post but what would it take to make a planet with almost non-stop rain and thunder storms? I'm guessing lots of water and being placed a little closer to the sun than earth.
>>
>>46898100
1.5k five player game, Chaos Marines, AdMech and Daemons vs Tyrandis and Knights (me). It was meant to be a 6 player game, but one dude unexpectedly bailed, so we had to make due.
Luckily both the 'nid guy and me had brought more minis along; another two knights and a vindicare on my side, another few assloads of gaunts, a tervigon and some zoans for the 'nids.
The goal was to gather as many tokens strewn about the middle of the table as possible and carry them back into the deployment zone.
The most spectacular thing was probably when my Baron got knocked down to 1HP turn one, only to regrow all five missing HP over the course of the battle, never suffering another wound during this.
The funniest thing was probably the 'nid guy basically installing a shuttle service for tokens with two squads of raveners. Also, the vindicare missed every single shot, which takes some doing.
Good times, all in all.
>>
>>46898332
I guess I would say a combination of sun type and orbit path (like fenris) then, probably makes the biggest differences.

>>46898354
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskScienceDiscussion/comments/3c48o3/would_nonstop_rain_be_possible_and_if_so_what/

>inb4 reddit
>>
Here are some new rumors. A New SM Flyer

SPACE MARINE STORMHAWK INTERCEPTOR

A multi-part plastic kit that makes the brand new Stormhawk Interceptor – a deadly heavily armed and armoured Space marine fighter, designed to hunt and kill other flyers. This kit can alternatively also be assembled as a Stormtalon Gunship

This product is a must for all fans of the Space Wolves and customers will want to buy more than one box to build bigger units or several units

And a new Ork Flyer

A multi-part plastic kit that makes the brand new Wazbom Blastajet – a deadly, gun heavy, Ork flying fortress. The kit can also be assembled as either a Dakkajet, a Burna-bommer or a Blitza-bommer.

From the looks of it, I am betting the Ork flyer is what the hint in WD was referencing. Like a Mek Gun with wings. I am thinking the Space Wolves reference is a mistake and it is for C:SM.
>>
>>46898332

There's more ultraviolet light and stronger solar winds though.
>>
File: IMG_6940[1].jpg (137 KB, 1600x1215) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6940[1].jpg
137 KB, 1600x1215
>>46898403
my guess is that it'll look like this conversion.
>>
>>46898403
Bullshit.
Both the stormtalon and the ork flyer is barely five years old, no way they'll be replaced already. And the rest of the text is fucking awkwardly written *and* doesn't make much sense.
>>
>>46898447
My guess is that it is an add-on sprue for each of those kits, not an outright replacement. Hence why the original kits can still be made.
>>
>>46898447
did you happen to build a bunch of storm of talons or dakkajets recently?
>>
>>46898482
Not that anon(actually the rumor spreader) but I just finished my two Stormtalons for my Raptor Wing, so if this is a superior kit in every way, I will be pretty pissed. I might still end up getting one and run three flyers instead of the Raptor Wing. If it is something available to Blood Angels, I will be less pissed. I will probably pick one up for them if that is the case.

If the Ork jet is really good, perhaps it will help make Orks a little less awful. And bringing the guys up from the bottom is always a good thing.
>>
>>46898482
Actually yes, I did. I needed a second one for the Stormwing formation.
>>
>>46898100
Sw podspam and wolfspam with token thunderwolves vs Orkurion.

Ghazzys deathstar tore the thunderwolves to utter shreds, then spent the rest of the gane waddling about failing charges while the podmarines and wolfpacks tore every other Ork unit to shreds.

Ended 4/2 to the marine player with orks only scoring furtst blood and kingslayer, every other objective was far away or near inpossible to achieve.
>>
>>46898460
Like the Knight Warden kit is just an additional sprue? Huh, yeah, I could see that. Good point.
>>
>>46898363
>Also, the vindicare missed every single shot, which takes some doing.

you know he gets a 2+ to hit then a 4+ if we misses. Maybe he failed to wound with his Shield breaker or penetrator wounds. But Unless he dies turn 2 there is no way he is missing every shot.
>>
>>46898591
Pretty exactly like that. The issue is, if it is ultimately much cooler than the original the way Warden kit is to the Paladin kit (seriously, Fucking Gatling guns FTW!), I will be upset. There is potential for it to use the Talon as a base and add on nicely or be able to swap out parts easy enough. My guess is the nosegun, weapon pods, and wings are what is going to be replaced.

I still love my Stormtalons and getting another would be fine, especially if a formation comes out that includes two Stormtalons and a Stormhawk. Then sign me up!
>>
Who's going to be fucked over the most by the big upcoming faq drop?
>>
File: thumb_IU07s3m[1].jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
thumb_IU07s3m[1].jpg
21 KB, 400x400
>>
http://i.imgur.com/IU07s3m.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QrzKmJI.jpg
Yup, add-on kit to the Stormtalon. Triple barrel Lascannon for a nosegun and the Assault cannons are now on the wings. The missile pods were also moved further back. I can't tell if the Black Stormhawks are Death Company (it kinda looks like they have red Blood Angels logos on the wings), but if so, I want some. I don't particularly care for the cockpit, but whatever. It looks pretty awesome. It is an upgunned Stormtalon. What isn't there to like?

http://i.imgur.com/LL3pqHr.jpg

New Ork jet is new.
>>
File: QrzKmJI[1].jpg (92 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
QrzKmJI[1].jpg
92 KB, 1000x1000
>>
File: LL3pqHr[1].jpg (76 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
LL3pqHr[1].jpg
76 KB, 1000x1000
>>46898762
>>46898752
It's not a triple barreled lascanno, it's an autocannon like the ones on the anti-air rhino.
>>
>>46898650
Yes, I know that, and yes, he missed four times in a row, which had the entire table in stitches by the fourth shooting phase.
In the fifth he had been put out of his misery, so I thankfully didn't need to roll for him anymore.
>>
so the tau is what the imperium was with the emperor but not racist?
>>
>>46898750
Dayum son, now that's aerodynamic!
>>
>>46898750
Wow, that's fucking hideous. Also, ANOTHER Space Marine flier? Really shows what GW's priorities are.
>>
>>46898777
>Shellcasings electing from Mega-Blasta on the wing
DA MAD MEK DOEZ IT AGAIN!
>>
>>46898750
>>46898762
>>46898777
Well, what do you know? I stand corrected, it's not bullshit. Didn't expect that.
Can't really comment on the ork thing, but the new SM flyer looks pretty okay. TL assault cannon and stormcannon should give it some decent punch, but it'll be hard-pressed to compete with the stormtalon's Skyhammer. That's no fault of the kit, but rather the issue that gunships and air superiority fighters in 40k have roughly the same rules.
>>
>>46898855
It still has the skyhammer under the wings
>>
>>46898855
Wait, disregard that, I suck cocks. It apparently has the missile launchers next to the engines.
>>46898752
Pretty sure those are Black Templar craft, going by the iconography.
>>
File: 1288312947475.jpg (6 KB, 97x101) Image search: [Google]
1288312947475.jpg
6 KB, 97x101
>>46898762

haha that old ass warbuggy got new art for its shitty ass self before it got a new model
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 256x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 256x480
>>
>>46898752
>>46898762
damn looks good. I'll definitely be getting them on looks alone. Too bad I just bought a xiphon.
>>
>>46898777
>Zzap gun
Disgusting, but for two flying kustom kannons and a force field I'd pay 140 points for it easy.
>>
>>46898762
>Even in the artwork that buggie looks ancient and out of place

NEW BUGGY WHEN?
>>
If the Tau can see infrared and ultraviolet part of the spectrum with their naked eyes, shouldn't they have night-fighting vision by default without fancy equipment?
>>
>>46898750
Will it get a pass if I play it as a proxy for that FW SM flyer that came out not so long ago ? I like the model more for my DG army.

>>46898777
The rules will probably suck for this one as the orks are not allowed to have good stuff since 6th ed
>>
>>46899034
If the Dark Mechanicum and Traitor Astartes don't give a shit about tech-heresy, shouldn't they have more options and new vehicles than loyalists? Where are my Rhino's with Leman Russ turrets welded on top with a Daemon Engine powering the whole thing? Where are by Defilers with more than one main gun?
>>
>>46899033
>Not making your buggies with pieces of trukks

Ya git need to hire a propa mekk
>>
>>46899127
NPC factions don't innovate, silly.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 262x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 262x480
Alright, quick question, I've been looking at pics of Space Marine colors, and noticing that company colors, markings, and squad markings were different in a bunch of cases.

With pic related, he's a Devastator of the 9th company because of the blue stripe on his right knee, and the inverted v on his shoulder, correct?
>>
>>46899034
If the Space Marines can produce deadly spit, shouldn't they have the Poison(4+) special rule in melee?
If psykers can sunder a planet with their mind, shouldn't they have a strength D Apocalyptic Megablast power?
If Orks are made for fighting and winning, shouldn't they have a non-shit codex?
>>
>>46899127

Yes, but much more likely to explode in pieces.
>>
File: Knights Virid.jpg (21 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
Knights Virid.jpg
21 KB, 400x500
Hey /tg/, what special snowflake chapters do you have?

I want to buy a ton of the laurel reefs from the command squad kit and other greenery to put on their armour and make an ultramarine successor themed around nature, basically druid marines.
>>
>>46899162

I never understood the point of poisonous saliva. It's not like a Space Marine is going to be without a helmet for a long period of time. I say it's the most worthless of all the new extra organs.
>>
>>46899127
>>46899034
>If Chaos are supposed to be the main antagonists why do they fail in everything and suck shit on the tabletop?
>>
>>46899162
>If the Space Marines can produce deadly spit, shouldn't they have the Poison(4+) special rule in melee?
It's not poison, it's acid, and they wouldn't bother to use it in combat when they have knives and swords. Guardsmen, as human, have the ability to urinate but that doesn't mean they have the ability to widdle all over orks in combat other than beating them senseless because >I2
>>
>>46899195
The whole point is that it's acid so if the marine gets captured and stripped he can spit on his cuffs and melt them and escape.
>>
>>46899195
It was probably one of those things where Emps went: "Well, I still got some room in the throat, might as well toss something in there."
>>
>>46899256
Should have put a sonic attack organ like the one Eidolon got. Much more usefull imo
>>
>>46898750
Holy shit that's ugly.

and I'm one of the few guys that love the Stormtalon. But this... good grief.
>>
>>46899286
Are you kidding ? That's the best looking SM flyer with the Xiphon
>>
>>46899286
Eh, it's okay, I think. The cute stormpotato looks better, true, but it reminds me a little of the Tempest Landspeeder, so it gets a pass.
>>
>>46899309
Xiphon is cool, how can you put them on the same level?
>>
>>46899328
Because both look like actual aircrafts ? Every other SM flyer looks like a brick with wings.
>>
>>46898727

The biggest popular list that relies on deliberately misreading ambiguous rules at the moment is the orks with the scouting transports, so probably them.

GW could let it slide for the sake of fun, since it is fun and not really all that powerful, but I can't imagine them doing that for orks. Tau maybe. or marines.
>>
>>46898750
Not a big fan of the armored cockpit, but with the regular stromtalon canopy this might look pretty decent.
>>
>>46899339
I must also say that this is nowhere near as nice as the Xiphon.
>>
>>46898777
The price point will make or break this.
Expect it be it way overpriced though 200pts
>>
>>46899389
Imagine if GW came out and said scouting transports is a legit thing that armies can use to get an advantage.

I suppose the eldar would still outdo orks though, right?
>>
File: 1412172882409.jpg (20 KB, 481x358) Image search: [Google]
1412172882409.jpg
20 KB, 481x358
>>46899286
>and I'm one of the few guys that love the Stormtalon
>>
>>46899164

>Chaos can add any arbitrary gun to any vehicle but anything beyond what's detailed in that specific vehicles option list gains the gets hot special rule. Weapons that already have the gets hot special rule which are added this way get hot on a 1 or 2 instead of only on a 1.
>>
File: Banshee_SC2_Cncpt2.jpg (20 KB, 345x310) Image search: [Google]
Banshee_SC2_Cncpt2.jpg
20 KB, 345x310
>>46899412
What can I say, I have a soft spot for the "futuristic helicopters with no single main rotor" thingy
>>
>>46899410
You can scout transports already ya dingus.
>>
>>46899456
>Cram as many Reaper autocannons on each Rhino as possible
>Chaos Technical spam
I'd play it.
>>
>>46899410
You could chop of three quarters of the eldar 'dex and eldar would still outdo orks. So, yeah.
>>46899392
>mek gun
>two mega-blastaz
>kustom force field
>tl big shoota
I'd be surprised if it doesn't cost around 280, to be frank.
>>
>>46898777
Welp. there goes my tax returns.

Only question is whether to buy just 1 to have a 3 wing or take 3 so i can field an air armada...

Speaking of, will that mek flier get faq'd into the formation I wonder.
>>
When does the faq get released?
>>
>>46898096
Well, the 1000 only applies to the amount of marines you have. The Imperium wouldn't have a problem crushing a regiment of humans, but 10000 space marines would be something of an issue if they turned to Chaos.
>>
>>46899482
good spot didn´t realize thos were 2 megablastaz was also pretty sure that would be a small zzzapweapon. Don´t get me wrong I would be overjoyed to get a good or even "strong" flyer im just cautious.
>>
>>46899390
The entirw cockpit piece is completely different. I bet you could swap it out for the original cockpit without issue. The nosegun might create an issue if it has a different mount. I am in the same boat, I like the original cockpit better.
>>
>>46899232
I think there should be an upgrade for Guardsmen where you can have your regiment use lots of beans in meals so your guys get wicked farts and a 6+ cover save in the open
>>
>>46899531
Are you the guy who was refused games because your Nurglites shat themselves?
>>
So, does the Omophagea actually gives you knowledge stored from the brains you eat, or does it work like the Kroot's reading DNA?
>>
>>46898750
>rotary autocannon
>missiles
>assault cannons
>maybe some heavy bolters there
oh lawdy
>>
>>46899587
Those are just some sensors, not heavy bolters.
Thank god.

But. Its very likely that this book will add some extra rules for flyers. Which is nice, they were a bit neclected in this edition of FMCs and deathstars.
>>
>>46898096
Don't forget the Astral Claws' embedded auxilia... They only got called out because he shirked his gene-seed tithe.
>>
>>46899160
Another question, would all companies use the stripe on the knee in their respective company colors, or are there different markings per company as well?
>>
>>46899587
I doubt it has HBs as well. The Stormtalon gunpods will probably be able to use all the options the Stormtalon can. So HBs, LCs, SML, and TML. Fucker is loaded to the teeth though. I can't wait to get one to go with my two Stormtalons.
>>
>>46898777
So how is the zzap kannon gonna work if there's no crew to zap? Pretty sure it's going to die from Gets Hot before anyone actually shoots it down.
And with how the picture looks, it's probably a flier hunter, so no strafing run and no access to flyboss like the dakkajets.
>>
>>46898752
Pretty sure the nosegun is the stalker's icarus autocannon.
>>
>>46899640
Despite homebrew chapter being all based around air-power I still don't have any SM flyers painted.
I kinda like this one but the wing guns bother me and the cockpit bothers me.
>>
>>46899476
I'm talking about the loophole in the scout rules.
Units in transports that scout, but do not have scout themselves, can disembark and charge on the first turn. People see this as an oversight in the rules and have submitted it for FAQ.
>>
>>46899160
>>46899639

Every chapter has its own marking policies so you can do pretty much everything you want as long as it is consistent through the entire army.
If you want something that fits the most the codex astartes markings I would suggest that you take the Ultramarines marking and do the same with colors fitting your color scheme.
>>
How is Angels of Death not up yet?
>>
>>46899664
Not to mention how jinked transports can have their occupants fire at full BS. Scout and junk them ravagers for days.
>>
>>46899664
*units in assault transports that scout
>>
>>46899476
Wait, how so ? If the transport itself doesn't have scout I mean.
>>
>>46899651
Anyone got the stats for the icarus at hand? I'm at uni, so I can't look them up.
S6 Ap4 Heavy4, I think?
>>
>>46899710
dedicated transports for units with scouts gain the scout special rule.
>>
>>46899651
Someone pointed that out to me as well. I would love Interceptor on a flyer, but no idea how that would play out.
>>46899653
My Crimson Fists are the 3rd Company, which is nicknamed The Red Lightning, so I figured flyers got well enough.
>>
>>46899710
From the 'Scout' rules:

>If a unit with this special rule is deployed inside a Dedicated Transport, it confers the Scout special rules to the Transport.
>>
>>46899714
Str7 AP4, Heavy 3 with Interceptor and Skyfire.
>>
>>46899723
How does this benefits Orks ? The only unit with Scout that can take transports are Kommandos and they aren't worth the points.
>>
File: blastajet.jpg (986 KB, 2192x1000) Image search: [Google]
blastajet.jpg
986 KB, 2192x1000
>>46899560
>>46899644
>>46898991
Here's the loadout:
2x KMK OR Tellyport Mega blastas (souped up version of the MAN meks gun)

Underslung is a Smasha gun.

TWL Supa shoota

Optional KFF or Stikkbom flinga (some sort of orky chaff launcer)
>>
>>46899760
Orks can take a Battlewaggon formation that gets Scout.
>>
>>46899751
Thanks.
Coupled with the S7 Heavy3 Skyhammer that's a lot of shots with good range. And once in assault cannon range this thing should be able to chew apart most flyers and put a considerable dent into medium vehicles.
>>
>>46899810
Yup. It could be a nice MC killer too.
>>
>>46899771
>chucking stikkbombs in the path of the oncoming fire
>not chucking stikkbombs in the path of oncoming flyers
disappointing.
>>
>>46898777
>Kustom mega-kannons
>Kustom forcefield generator
It's a flying morkanaut!
>>
>>46899771
Nice that it is a smasha so no gets hot...
>>
>>46899760
Orks have a formation that allows them to take 5 battle wagons with scout meaning they can fill them up with 100 boys (20 each for a battle wagon I think?), move 24" game turn 1 and possibly charge.
>>
>>46899789
Oh I understand now.

>>46899771
Are the rules in the same WD ?
>>
>>46899844
>Are the rules in the same WD ?
Dunno, I just read the text describing it.
>>
>>46899771
Teleport blasters are small blasts. Are the bigger ones gonna be large blast with instant kill 6s?
>>
>>46899771
>2x kustom mega-*kannon*
>5++
>smasha
>tl supa shoota
Are you prepared to pay over 300 pts for this thing?
>>
>>46898786
Sounds like the last day before his retirement.
>>
>>46899214
That one can be explained. You've got some of the greatest warriors in the universe backed up by monsterous demons and crazed zealots. But your also fractured to shit, constantly backstabbing each other, and living in a realm where consistency is a rarity. Furthermore, you have a limited manufacturing base, which is itself fractured and often extorting you for favors. Your men are practically irreplaceable with a few gruesome exceptions, and your greatest champion keeps sending you on crusades only to fuck off at the last minute with some holy artifact while you get to deal with the retaliation force.

Against you is the largest empire in the galaxy, with troops who are more or less conditioned to follow the chain of command on pain of death, with a nearly infinite manufacturing base, a greater number of mighty warriors who are your equals in battle but far less likely to betray each other mid-crusade, and high command that is in total agreement regarding the support and replenishment of ground forces.

It's like barbarians against the roman army. Your men -may- be better individually, but the discipline, numbers, unity, manufacturing, and command ability of you enemies makes victory impossible. Unless, of course, your willing to constantly campaign to whittle down the enemy's strength over a long, long period of time while the empire slowly rots away from within.

Also GW don't give to shits about balance.
>>
>>46899874
Maybe?

They just call it a tellyport Mega-blasta, though it's supposed to be very short ranged.
>>
>>46899874
Either that or more range. My money's on Large Blast, though.
>>46899834
>six orks in the bomb bay
Be still, my heart.
>>
>>46899887
Chaos is true end anyway, their treatment as saturday morning cartoon villains is probably the most egregious power-fantasy-fluctuation in the fluff
>>
>>46899877
Supa shoota is default on all Jets which start at 110 for the dakka.

Supa shootas themselves cost 20 on the dakka, so mathin backwards, the Jet chassis should be ~70 points

Smasha gun is 35 WITH crew and platform, as is both KMK's, so it should be <200 points vanilla, tellyport guns and KFF optional.
>>
>>46899925
Don't forget the ork modifier on cool new stuff. +50% cost because fuck orks.
>>
FAQ
WHEN
>>
>>46900004
This week. Probably Friday.
>>
>>46900004
You got your Ork stuff, stop spamming X WHEN you faggot
>>
>>46899918

Honestly I prefer the accidental sweet spot they've hit where Chaos is little threat to the Galaxy but a huge threat to the Imperium.

"If Chaos wins, everything dies!" wankery is less fun.

Preemptive "Hi Carnac" in case he's on and feels like shitposting at absurd length in reply.
>>
File: bonafidecunt.png (104 KB, 170x320) Image search: [Google]
bonafidecunt.png
104 KB, 170x320
>>46899994
And the flier must have an increase in points compared to equivalent weapons on a mek gun to take account of the fact orks have a different BS to grots. My subjective maths says that's absolutely correct.
>>
>>46900030
>FAQ comes out
>CHAOS UPDATE WHEN???
>Chaos update comes out
>SISTERS UPDATE WHEN???
>Sisters update comes out
>BUSTY CENTAUR ROUGH RIDER UPDATE WHEN???

etc
>>
>>46898750
because marines needed another fucking flier?
Orks got some love so good on them, but chaos sit with 1 fucking flier (ignoring forgeworld cos they fucking mess with everything)
>>
>>46899994
>WTF why do we (SM) get new shit?
>Eh it's ugly but w/e
>Oh hey Orks get new stuff too! Good for them.
>Ork posters still whining about it

Coming to the conclusion that playing such a weak army is damaging y'all mentally.

Nothing is ever good.
GW is always out to get you.
>>
>>46900030
Fuck you I play CSM, any form of change to our condition is good.
>>
>>46899771
I don't see why they keep calling it a Flying Fortress. A storm talon or a thunder hawk I can see a fortress, but a plane with no transport capacity?
>>
>>46899286
Its just to short. Its like someone made a chibi version of a gunship like all SM flyers. It would be so much better if they made it longer. Pic related its what would happen if a techmarine got their hands a a Type-4 STC
>>
>>46898061
>a pleb telling Azrael about the Fallen

That better have ended with him personally eviscerating everything in a mile radius.
>>
File: overninemilleniainpaint.png (214 KB, 576x424) Image search: [Google]
overninemilleniainpaint.png
214 KB, 576x424
>>46900084
And of course I forgot my pic
Wings are a bit to wide for my taste as well
>>
>>46900074
How would you feel if all Iron Halos are now feel no pains and terminators get a 6 feel no pain?
>>
>>46900069
>sisters update

lol, a squatting is more realistic at this point.

>>46900074
>here, take it. It's a piece of shit
>What's that ? You are not happy with it ? Well fuck you then

That's how you sound.
>>
Watch, the SM Flyer won't have Hover but will have Vector Dancer. And will cost nearly the same as a Stormtalon.
>>
File: wips.png (599 KB, 800x549) Image search: [Google]
wips.png
599 KB, 800x549
What do you guys think looks better on that particular base?
>>
>>46900075
No it's not

don't you dare jinx it for us
>>
>>46900171
Using sprue as sandbags / bricks makes it look like they're hiding behind blocks of shit bullion.

Is any of that even primed?
>>
>>46900171
B
>>
>>46900171
B
>>
>>46898777
Well, that's lame. I was hoping for something cooler than yet another flier.
>>
>>46900125
>literally don't know the cost and just speculating that it will be overcosted because victim complex
>It's a piece of shit!
>>
>>46900171
B

A would look best if he could be crouching behind something taller than him
>>
>>46900196
I don't see how they can do us more harm, they allready killed the helldrake in a previous FAQ.
>>
>>46900119
>Run Librarian HQs and no terminators

...Meh?
>>
>>46900244
The Helldrake is still pretty brutal if it's used correctly, though. It's just not an insta-take choice anymore.
>>
>>46900082
>The original Flying Fortress has no transport capacity
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_B-17_Flying_Fortress
>>
>>46900220
Even priced as they are orks flyers are mediocre as best, now if this is even consistantly priced with the previous flyers, it will be at least 50pts more expensive. So even without speculating on them overpricing it (which I still suspect them to do because why not ?) it would still be a piece of junk.
>>
>>46900199
I agree with sprue being not the best choice, but i personally like the irregular look they get

and yeah, spray primed
>>
>>46898117
Digganobz as they got a new kit and power rules recentlyish
>>
>>46900293
That had like five guys running the entire plane.
This has one power mad mek boy at the size of every other plane.
>>
https://1d4chan.org/images/d/dd/Codex_Thousand_Sons_v_1.74.pdf

When?
>>
>>46898750
I'm so glad I hold up from buying a Xiphon. This looks much better and will do a great proxy.
>>
>>46900402
>literally considering buying Xiphons to proxy as these

Hello, bizzarro-me.
>>
>>46900421
Well, you certainly have more money than I do !
>>
>>46898750
>>46898762
That looks like someone's home conversion. I don't mind the armoured cockpit (hardly a new thing in 40k flyers), but 3 barreled cannon where a single could have worked just as fine? Assault cannons fixed to the wings in an angle? Missile pods just stuffed under there because fuck it?

GW isn't even trying anymore.
>>
>>46900050
>Chaos isn't actually a galactic threat
>Eldar have just been playing a massive prank on the Imperium for the last 10k years
You're retarded.
>>
>>46900391
Kudos for the massive work done.
>>
>>46900451
It's an air-superiority fighter, and it has weapons (the Assault Cannon and Icarus Autocannon) that are good at fighting aircraft (Assault cannons incidentally, Icarus intentionally). It makes pretty solid sense to have those weapons.

Also, missiles close to the fuselage is a pretty common location for them to be, especially in modern aircraft.
>>
>>46900511
You see many modern fighters mounting guns on their wings, especially at the tips, and going dog fighting? Hell, the nose gun is on a little turret, why not give the wing guns some way of correcting their aim? How do they even feed ammo to them? IS there an ammo chute going under the wings? And what does the icarus cannon bring that, say, a single exterminator autocannon wouldn't?
>>
>>46899186
>Hey /tg/, what special snowflake chapters do you have?
The Noble Host, an Iron hands successor chapter. It's basically made out of the castoffs from other chapters - not the ones that can't fight, but the ones that can't hold their emotions in check. If you're good enough to still be a useful Space Marine, but tend towards the excesses of emotion that ruined the Legion and Primarch, you get thrown intot he Noble Host.

Their official recruiting world is the fifth planet of a four-planet system, and they generally don't get asked too many questions, being loyal enough to do their job and fighting with the zeal and fury most people expect from Space Marines. While to most Iron Hands, being thrown into the Host would be considered punishment, for many members of it the Host is home, freedom, and the chance to act as they feel a space marine ought to.
>>
>>46898750
Looks decent, for another flying rock.
>>
>>46900679
Come on, it's much more aerodynamic that most of the SM flyers we got so far. (granted that's not saying much, but still)
>>
How exactly are orks birthed? They just crawl out of the ground when theyre mature right?
>>
File: Emperor_Great_Crusade.jpg (376 KB, 1090x717) Image search: [Google]
Emperor_Great_Crusade.jpg
376 KB, 1090x717
Do you think the emperor would be taken seriously in real life?

I don't just mean a guy in shitty cosplay either, I mean if the actual emperor, golden armor, glowing halo and all revealed himself to mankind, would people think he was being serious or just a schizo?
>>
>>46900874
If he turned up in a period of global warfare with an army of Thunder Warriors you can bet we'd take him seriously.
>>
>>46900838
They're basically mushrooms.
>>
>>46900838
When orks die, they relese spores.
These spores grow into fungi
These fungi grow arms, legs, and a face, and become grots
These grots grow a proppa brain and muscles and become orks.
These orks die to guardsmen in CC, and become spores.
>>
>>46900874
Could he move shit with his mind. Is he unkillable with mortal weapons? If so then yes
>>
>>46900874
Actually scratch that, I take it back.

No armor, no ultrasmurfs, nothing.

Just his psychic powers and a strong desire to help mankind.
>>
>>46900874
Considering he took the reigns as mankind was on the verge of extinction and was both a perfect leader and warrior it hardly matters if he wore a dress
>>
What's the best way to build a Sisters of Battle killteam? More troops or fewer troops with better upgrades?
>>
>>46900874
> A guy appears with the ability to throw Magic and kill titans with his fucking mind.
> 10 feet tall
> Solid fucking golden power armour
> 15 foot power sword that's permanently wreathed in Fire
> Looks like CONAN THE BARBARIAN
> Gigantic fucking glowing halo.
> People dismiss him as some pschizophrenic wierdo

OP is a fucking faggot.

>>46900937
> Just the psychic powers
He's a goddamn wizard that can kill titans with his mind.
>>
>>46900953
Rule of thumb is always boys before toys, as a minor thing you always want an odd number of men so you have the same chance of routing as a larger army but you get to spend that units points in gubbins for your guys

>>46900926
>>46900924
I ask because ive got two nobs in my killteam that i want to be "twins" of a sort, of gork and mork respectively that constantly squabble over some extremely petty dispute but cant manage to krump one another despite their, relatively, long lives
>>
>>46901007
>twins
>crawled out of same hole as grots
>constantly fighting one another
>grow into orks at a rapid rate because constant competition
>I2
>>
>>46901079
>crawled out of same hole as grots
>grots
I feel obliged to inform you that Orks pop out of the ground as Orks, but otherwise it sounds pretty cool.
>>
>>46901091
>>46901079
Actually im curious, is it ever said where orks get their names from? They obviously get denominatiosn like face-rippa but who decides when the ork is named grukk? Does the ork pick it himself?
>>
>>46901079

Nobz are
>I3
Surprisingly enough.
>>
File: 1460403965773.jpg (165 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1460403965773.jpg
165 KB, 500x500
>>46901273
Holy shit! They get to trade blows with fucking guardsman!

How would you buff orks, /tg/
>>
File: Where do you think we are.png (223 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Where do you think we are.png
223 KB, 500x375
>>46900074
>Nothing is ever good.
>GW is always out to get you.
>>
If I'm allying in inquisition with my spess mehreens, is it worth paying the extra 20 points for Chimeras generally speaking? Vs rhinos
>>
>>46898750
I actually like it. All the SM flyers were already bricks so that's nothing new, but I like the layout of guns much more.

The cockpit looks oddly like a Dreadnought. can Dreads be pilots?
>>
>>46901312
Remove furious charge, replace with a 6+ FNP
All Orks just get 1+ strength.
Scrap Mob rule, bring back old fearless rule.

That is all i would do, I've played houseruled games with these and it made a big difference, mainly psychological benefits in that playing Orks is actually very mentally draining and i normally don't ever want to touch them again after a game because playing fluffy orks is so depressingly shit

Not being weak as shit feels great.
Getting a lucky 6+ save versus the occasional thing is funny and makes bother players smile
and classic mob rule was simply the best
>>
>>46901312
+1 initive on the charge, boost boys to I3, nobs to I4 and warboss to I5. Then they only need some decent melee weapons other than klaws and they're solid.
>>
>>46901388
Dont chimeras have more firing points and a better armour save?
>>
>>46901424
>can Dreads be pilots?

Short answer no

Long answer- yes, but the vehicle needs to accept an MIU like a titan does, and it just isn't done. Dreads go in their crazy metal boxes.
>>
>>46901436
>>46901388
Armour 12, 4 Fire Ports, and 6 Lasguns(That the guys inside can use), with a better mounted gun.

I've actually once seen a Grey Knight Player have 6 ten-man squads in allied Chimeras. Each squad had 4 Psycannons, and basically used the Chimeras as a ridiculous mobile firing platform.
>>
I've been outta the loop since Curse of the Wulfen, what did I miss?
>>
>>46901312
- Orkanauts are Superheavies
- Flashgits are APd3+1 Salvo2/4
- old-school Furious Charge
- Cybork grants +1FnP
- 'uge Choppas are Relic Blades
- discounts for various units
-
>>
>>46901312
+1 initiative on the charge
+1 initiative during WAAGH
Mob Rule instead makes their leadership equal 1/2 the number of models in the squad, with Nobs counting for 4 and bosspoles adding 3. If it's 11 or higher, they're Fearless.
'Nauts are Superheavy Assault vechiles

That's the sweeping changes. The rest of it is lowering point costs for certain overpriced units.
>>
>>46901312
-Make nob equipment separate to the squad so I can give a nob in a squad of unarmored shootas 'eavy armour.
All nobs can take:
Big choppa for 5 points
Burna, which can be used as a two-handed power sword the turn you shoot it, for 10
and power klaws for 15.
>>
>>46901483
>age of sigmar releases
>updated supplements for chaos marines, quick and hack jobs
>amazing update for vanilla. collects their supplements, new decurions, new wargear, new formations, 4 new psychic power tables for all marines.
>new boardgame. knight on knight combat. 2 in 1 box which will lead to a surge of more people buying cheap knights
>faq still isn't out
>>
>>46901667
So it's GW business as usual?
>>
>>46901312
Mob rule: if the unit has a character or 10+ WOUNDS lets Orks to deal a single S4 hit per Ld fail.
-Boss poles let you reroll all Ld tests.
-If caught in a Sweeping Advance, for the difference between the two values 1 wound of Orks (rounding up) breaks away and is stuck in combat. (3 meganobs fighting, lose combat, get swept by a difference of 1, one meganob stays behind locked in CC while the rest flee.
-Fleeing Ork units run towards the nearest non Gretchen, unit of the same unit type. Once in coherency they become one unit.
>>
>>46901709
>Wulfen still exist. As in they were not a fever dream, GW actually put them in.
>AoS still pretending it's a real game
>Marines still That guy tier and on top of the pecking order
>Chaos still dogshit
>Knights more cancerous than ever
>And two new fliers that literally look like bad conversions from Dakkadakka

Same old same old I'm afraid.
>>
>>46901784
>Wulfen still exist. As in they were not a fever dream, GW actually put them in.

>basically loyalist possessed
>better than real possessed in every way

sigh
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 300x400
I'm bored.

Post interesting color schemes.
>>
>>46901861
They're not thaaaat much better. 4+ no base invuln and paying for AP are always drawbacks even if they are likely still the best "assault marine" variant in any codex
>>
>>46901929
They are still best "assault marine" variant of any marines. And damn that they hit hard, especially if you're playing the formation. They can basically mow down anything this game offers in their path.
>>
>>46901929
>even if they are likely still the best "assault marine" variant in any codex
>best assault unit in any Marine codex
>they aren't Blood Angels
I'm still fucking pissed.
>>
File: 2016-04-19 18.44.45.jpg (1 MB, 1412x1055) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-19 18.44.45.jpg
1 MB, 1412x1055
>>46898777
well fuck me i guess
>>
>>46901739

I havn't played in a while, how does Furious Charge work these days? Is it still (x * 2)+1 for fists and klaws or does it add to the str before the multiplier now?
>>
>>46901956
Atleast death company held that title for quite the while. They just got left behind.
>>
File: Changeling_5th_ed.jpg (88 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
Changeling_5th_ed.jpg
88 KB, 873x627
>>46901709
pretty much

my prediction for the year is we'll see 8th edition or at least get hints for it next year, update to a few ally books, no plastic sisters, another board game and a surprise release.

>>46901929
put 5 possessed against 5 wulfen then tell me they're not flat out better
>>
>>46901956
They always had to compete for the title of Assault Marines with Space Wolves and Black Templars.
It's simply that back in 5th edition there wasn't really a match with how overpowered they were, while now they are the weakest one
>>
File: happy ork.jpg (227 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
happy ork.jpg
227 KB, 700x700
>>46898777
I-is that an actual kit that GW is going to sell?
>>
>>46901784
>Marines still That guy tier and on top of the pecking order
U fucking wot m8?

Eldar and Tau are That Guy tier and on top of pecking order.
Marines are high tier, but not top cheese tier.
>>
>>46902014
But Blood Angels are the prettiest, so they get the title of "Assault Marines".
>>
>>46901784
>>46902019
Do we REALLY need to shit up another thread this way?
>>
>>46902015
No it's just a joke, just like the three fiece fold in >>46899771 and the battlereport.
>>
>>46902051
Shouldn't they be the Get Assaulted Marines, then?
>>
>>46902006
>another board game

Basically confirmed with the next Heresy board game coming out later in the year.
>>
File: Oatfeels.jpg (140 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
Oatfeels.jpg
140 KB, 500x379
>>46902006
>we'll see 8th edition
What's the point? We know it's not gonna be fixed or offer innovative design choices. It's just not even worth the change.
>>
>>46902006
At base point value the possessed likely are. That's the point I'm trying to make. However, for nigh cheap-as-chips upgrade the wulfen are infinitely superior to any other assault marine.

Two 3++ thunder hammers and 3 frost axes is probably enough to assault anything and kill it.
>>
>>46900970

He was almost killed an an ork warlord, stop exaggerating
>>
File: 1460324824058.gif (422 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1460324824058.gif
422 KB, 512x512
>>46902095
>inb4 it completely shakes up the game
>to the point where its assault oriented
>>
>>46902117
And insult to injury, all their weapons are ap2 for some reason.
>>
>>46902124

I would play Assaulthammer.

Though hopefully the Tau'd be able to keep up somehow. Mid tier or so.
>>
>>46899771
looks like theyre using this new kit to replace the old bommer kit, probably as a not so subtle way to raise the price
>>
>>46902095
cqc edition

>old whfb modifiers to range. over 24" -2 to bs, at 12" -1 to bs
>can assault from deep strike/outflank at a dangerous
>instant death becomes 1+d3 wounds
>destroyer deathblow becomes 3+d3 with saves

>>46902183
tau gain counterattack and maybe some power swords
>>
>>46902095
>>46902124
There are just rumor of them re-releasing the rulebook with all the FAQ added, but obviously sites like BolS needed to hype it up with "New Edition!!!!!11!"
>>
File: [Inaudiable Screaming].jpg (38 KB, 600x662) Image search: [Google]
[Inaudiable Screaming].jpg
38 KB, 600x662
>>46902124
>Tau players faces when
>>
How are dark eldar atm? Are they ork tier or can they work? Ideal strats?
>>
>>46902183
I'm already playing Assaulthammer 40k.

Just this weekend I'm going to play a 6000 point game against Tau, where the asshole in question is bringing 4 Stormsurges and 9 Riptides. I'm bringing a Gladius featuring 2 Skyhammer Annihilation Forces, and a Librarius Conclave honour Guard, giving them Veil of Time, Invisibility, and Endurance.

My goal is to melee the tau to death. It will be cheese against cheese, a fight for the ages!
>>
Is the black library mega gone? I want to get a copy of 15 hours.
>>
File: 1456717221198.png (2 MB, 1253x674) Image search: [Google]
1456717221198.png
2 MB, 1253x674
My store's considering using ITC rules in future tournaments, the only things I'm personally worried about is how they'll observe WYSIWYG.

Though is there anything I should learn about to contribute to the consideration?
>>
>>46902270
You already lost to interceptor
Sorry friend
>>
>>46902346
a lot of people don't like black library so they never post the link

https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
>>46902355
Yes, you should look over the packet of house rules and make notes of all the changes, because in a game you can lose for not knowing X changed to Y.

Enjoy learning another ruleset.
>>
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 600x620
Does the Start Collecting kit come with extra helmets, as well as a helmet for the Terminator captain?
>>
>>46898750
That thing:
>BS4
>3 48" S7 AP4 Interceptor shots
>3 60" S7 AP4 shots
>4 24" S6 AP4 Rending shots

Dakkajet:
>BS2
>9 36" TL S6 AP4 shots

We dakka now.
>>
>>46902209
Yeah, looks like... ~35% increase
>>
>>46902355

I love this guy's art.
>>
>>46902355
Personally I don't play using ITC rules, buy you should consider that soon new FAQs should arrive, and a ton of person asked them to see the ITC rules, so the problem could really be moot
>>
>>46902424
The start collecting kit comes with about 15 helmets, all of them slightly different with about 4 of them being helmetless.

The captain is complete monopose with no options however.
>>
>>46902397
Thank you friend. They can be meh overall but there are a couple I've really liked.
>>
>>46902424
It's just the regular sprues of the different things featured in the box so yes you'll have extra heads but no you won't have one for the captain unless you convert it cause it's one of these shitty new character sprues with no option they have been doing lately.
>>
>>46902397
Can't seem to find what folder 15 Hours would be in but I got some other stuff anyway.
>>
Rhinos with assault ramps when?
>>
>>46902397
I really like most of the HH stuff. It's not particulary well written but I love the general atmosphere and tension in most of them
>>
So, when tactical marines get into melee combat, they get 1 attack per guy, right?

Don't they have pistols? Can't they all get two attack each because knife+pistol?
>>
Newbie here, i have a question do the new models mean new codices? Or are they releasing suplements? Where would i draw the rules from is what im asking.

Sorry if this is a stupid question
>>
>>46899771
Oh shit I was about to sell my dread mob to get GK but this may change everything depending on point cost and whether they put out a new formation to try and sell the things.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.