[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Humans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 36
File: humans.jpg (143 KB, 1280x597) Image search: [Google]
humans.jpg
143 KB, 1280x597
Do you include different types of humans in your setting, /tg/? If so, do they have any specific bonuses or minuses?
>>
>>46890299
>Niggers
>>
>>46890299
Did they accidently switch the faces of the male and female garudas?
>>
>>46890371
Only the Myrmidons and Giants are black, mate.
The Nomads and Garuda are Asian.
>>
They all have that fucking rudolf tumblr nose
>>
>>46890429
Nomads looks like crackers to me senpai
>>
>>46890299
That female nomad looks fkn juicy. What's your price?
>>
>>46890599
It's a particularly nasty and prevalent example of symbol drawing, like how some girls draw everything with enormous eyelashes

And since tumblr/da are such horrendous echo chambers, it's unlikely most artists there will ever significantly improve or even recognize how bad they are due to being convinced that's just their "style"
>>
>>46890642
I think they're supposed to be Inuit or something.
>>
>>46890299
The art is pretty shit, but that female north nomad is high test.
>>
>>46890399
Would still fuck both
>>
In my setting there were two human progenitors. They were both immortal. Then one gave up his immortality when he lost a djinn's riddle. So I have a race of immortal humans and mortal humans. The immortal humans are targeted by the djinni and the mortals are more or less treated as bystanders. The mortals are also fearful and envious of the immortals and thus murder them frequently.
>>
File: 1458155102208.jpg (35 KB, 400x398) Image search: [Google]
1458155102208.jpg
35 KB, 400x398
>>46890733
>>46890774
>female Nomad
>>
>>46890299

If she's nomadic why is she so goddamned fat.
>>
>>46890806
I had the same fucking question.
>>
so in pathfinder, using the different options from the race guide, or saying that if they are from area x y or z then they get to choose their stat boasts from 3 instead of 6. might require a minimum or maximum height, hair color or god. usually put in specific missions that tied to their home land too. little things go a long way if you play them up.
>>
>>46890806
Horse does all the moving. And/or pregnant.
>>
>>46890841

Then why isn't the man fat too?
>>
>>46890299
What do nomads, the people who move around a lot, eat to get so plump?
>>
>>46890865
I think the artist tried by giving him a gut but then fucked it up with the pecs.
>>
>>46890866
I assume it's blubber. Like, most of what they eat is stored in fatty tissue for when there are long periods without food or as protection from cold. Like bears, camels, or seals.
>>
>>46890889

I think the artist was trying to score virtue points with some 'beauty at all sizes' bullshit.
>>
File: pregnant samburu.jpg (24 KB, 236x352) Image search: [Google]
pregnant samburu.jpg
24 KB, 236x352
>>46890841
Being pregnant doesn't make you develop love handles though

It makes you look fat because there's a baby growing inside you, but if you keep an active lifestyle there's no reason why it would make you actually fat
>>
>>46890866
Seals and whales?

Also, OP fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
>>
>>46890299
THICK

THIICCKK
>>
>>46890904
It's a tumblr-tier artist. The only reason they did this in the first place was virtue points.
>>
>>46890866
Why are the myrmidons, who's name translates to "ant people", the second tallest race?
>>
>>46890943

See? People can be NATURALLY fat because I drew them that way and somehow this picture that took me all of an hour and a half to draft is a valid excuse for your deplorable lifestyle choices!

OMG SO PROGRESSIVE
>>
>>46890901
The thing is bread is more likely (not guaranteed calm your tits bread lovers) to make you fat than eating fat due to its tendency to kick off a cycle of insulin resistance and it's the macro-nutrient that is least likely to get the brain to release the hormone known as leptin (with more intense sugars not even releasing the leptin at all). That's the hormone that let's you know you've had enough food for reference. Protien, fat, and fiber all release the hormone much more often by comparison. Living a nomad lifestyle is not that far off from being a classic hunter and gatherer and that is, in a way, one of the healthiest lifestyles for a human or at least the one we're most adapted to.
>>
File: 1455387393014.jpg (150 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1455387393014.jpg
150 KB, 600x900
>>46891172
Based low-carb high-fat diet.
>>
>>46890299
Humans with an elf parent tend to heal faster than average. They tend to become alcoholics easily.

Humans with a halfling parent are often short, but are strong runners and able to jump high.

Humans with an orc parent are stronger than most, but have to eat much more than normal.

Humans with a dark elf parent can change their hair color, and skin color to a limited degree. More susceptible to pain though, and tend to have red eyes which makes other people distrust them.

Humans with a kobold parent get claws and somewhat leathery skin. It doesn't help much in a serious fight with weapons or people skilled in fighting, but makes a bar brawl a good bit more painful for the other guy and less painful for the half-kobold. Short.

Humans with a goblin parent have sharp teeth and can eat food that isn't exactly appealing. They tend to be very energetic and enjoy late nights, but are short and bright light hurts their eyes.

Humans with a dwarf parent have thick and luxurious hair, age gracefully, and rarely develop heart disease. Short, but not as short and humans with a parent from one of the other short races.
>>
>>46890299
Yes, there are different "breeds" of human.
No, their stats are identical.

Only by the blessing of the Gods is any race as a whole stronger or weaker in some way.
And humans are infamously devoid of any Godly blessing.
>>
>>46891770
Mario has a halfling parent?
>>
>>46891890
He'd be more fitting as just being a halfling, they jump much higher than half-halflings. About twenty feet high.
>>
>>46890299
No, because if they actually ARE human beings (as in the species we belong to) then while they have vague genetic tendencies, a lot of what they end up physically looking like has to do with their environment and diet they grow up with.
Basically every "race" of humanity has approximently the exact same physical limitations and bonuses in real life, with the modifiers coming from their lifestyle and environment and diet and how their parents looked.
Example; the reason African-Americans (in any of the Americas) are stereotyped as "strong" is because most of them are descended from guys who were bought and sold at slave auctions specifically FOR physical strength since their primary job was hours of back-breaking physical labor. And even that's an outdated stereotype as you can find African-Americans in all kinds of sizes.

My neighbor is this guy barely an inch taller then me who's got this weird stocky-waisted build that makes him look fat when he's only in average physical shape at the worst.
>>
>>46891770
What system did you brew these up for? Sounds kinda fun to have more crossbreeds to choose from, though I imagine Half-Halfling would be tiring to say after a while,
>>
>>46893157
I would guess it's the setting I heard a while ago where humans were cursed by their jilted god to not be able to breed with each other so they had to screw other races for a few centuries until the curse no longer affected their descendants. Humans as a whole exist, and seem to appear human for the most part, but no current living human is pure human anymore. Kind of like the bretons in TES but on a much wider scale.

Could be a totally different anon, but that's my guess.
>>
>>46893157
I don't have the mechanics hammered out yet, just fluff. The idea I started out with for the setting was "What if there was a generic fantasy setting based on 1920-1930s America instead of medieval Europe?" and evolved from there. I'm looking for something that will allow the trappings of a D&D-esque setting with fighters, rogues, and wizards as adventurers while still allowing for relatively advanced technology and guns without having them be under or over powered. I'm still having trouble with the details of allowing a dangerous world for adventures to travel through while keeping civilization at a reasonable level.
>>46893306
Different anon. All non-monster non-animal races can interbreed, it's basically the sole reason goblins are considered people instead of monsters or vermin. But there are no half breeds, children take after one parent with some traits of the other. Those traits can't be passed on to their children, ie. two humans with red eyes from a dark elf parent will only have purely human children with no dark elf traits. I wanted to avoid doing any pseudo-science and make it clear that many aspects of the world depend on it being magic to function.
>>
>>46890299
Nordic types get -4 melanin
>>
>>46893524
Melanin is now a stat in DnD 6e

What bonuses/detriments does it offer and what skills require a melanin modifier
>>
File: 1376715641167.jpg (9 KB, 244x238) Image search: [Google]
1376715641167.jpg
9 KB, 244x238
>>46893524
>>
File: Temp.png (138 KB, 250x258) Image search: [Google]
Temp.png
138 KB, 250x258
Why is the sample 'Catarina' face black when the onion knights all have germanic names
>>
Yeah. There are a few different sorts of humans in my setting with different bonuses/penalties, mostly from culture. Overall they're not too different from each other. I also have demihumans, though, who are either people with enough hereditary weirdness to make them significantly different from the general populace, or members of one of the artificially engineered human subraces
>>
>>46890399
>accidentally
>>
>>46894089
I like to give the benefit of the doubt, undeserving it may be.
>>
>>46890399
I don't mind it. It makes the garuda girl hotter.
>>
>>46894428
which one is that
>>
I would have expected negative int and a saving throw each turn vs robbing/attacking randoms
>>
>>46894501
I'm inferring the one on the right.
>>
>>46893779
because he's the only happy one
>>
FantasyCraft does humans really well. If you choose to play a human, theres this big list of Human Talents you can choose from to make them unique.
>>
File: 1409597490773.jpg (27 KB, 599x400) Image search: [Google]
1409597490773.jpg
27 KB, 599x400
>>46893779
>mfw I look into Siegmeyer's helmet and see that he's white
>>
Any setting that differentiates between 50 different types of humans while only having an elf, a wood elf and a dark elf is garbage tier.
>>
>>46893728
fire/radiant damage resistance?
Idk how D&D works, never played it, but it should do the trick.
>>
>>46890399
Nah. This is from a snowflake on DeviantArt who basically sought out to make tumblr: the fantasy universe. Apparently, the Garuda's culture has "reversed gender roles."
>>
>>46890865
Don't you know? Only obese WOMEN can be beautiful. Men have to be fit and well built.
>>
>>46893728
Melanin privilege. Your melanin score gives you bonuses to guilt and intimidation checks.
>>
File: shitty weapon fighter.jpg (185 KB, 600x960) Image search: [Google]
shitty weapon fighter.jpg
185 KB, 600x960
I'd like to produce a setting with only different breeds of human (or maybe not 'only'), but it feels really hard to justify them nationally and populace wise.

It's like, how interesting is it to have a race of humans, descended from bloodthirsty maneads that have retractable claws and shit, but how would those people exist in nations or groups? Would each nation be primarily composed of that group? How would a nation accept people not of that specific group? What if these groups come from really strange or mythological pairing (like half demon, or half moon or something), would they just continue on genetically?

In short its really hard to justify why an average human would have strange racial traits or abilites of a strange near-human race, but with nonhuman races its much easier to justify.
>>
>>46890299
>human only setting
>no racial stat bonus
>starting gift of "training in X" or an culturally specific set of tools/weapons
>Final Destination

anything else is heresy.
>>
>>46890299
Why their heads are so tiny??
>>
>>46890299
My setting is more historical fantasy than anything else, but there's broadly speaking three races of men.

1. Noreians - They are the most common and are descended from the Roman Empire equivalent's days of power. Dark hair, white skin, pretty tall (6' avg male height) and physically imposing. Eye colors vary a lot, but green is the most common.

2. Egathans - These guys are extremely pale, gaunt, and tall, often a full foot taller than Noreians. Egathans live on a series of large islands in the far north of the globe and are theorized to be the eldest race of men. Their skin color ranges from pure white to blueish gray, and their eyes are always purple. They have white, silver, or gray hair.

3. Muezim - Muezim is the catch-all term for humans with dark skin. They are much shorter, on average, than Noreians or Egathans (5'4" average male height), and almost always have dark hair and eyes. They're not necessarily stupid but they are slow learners who have difficulty working with numbers. Muezim have much larger families than most sapient races and they generally have less regard for human life and civilization. There's a lot of variety within the Muezim but overall they are weaker and dumber than Egathans and Noreians.

As far as statistical bonuses and penalties go, I didn't apply any but PC's are not allowed to play Muezim.
>>
File: could you not girl.jpg (27 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
could you not girl.jpg
27 KB, 450x450
>>46897448

>My setting is mostly historical fantasy
>Romans being 6 ft.
>Other whites being 7 ft.
>Purple eyes
>All that /pol/ shit at the bottom
>>
>>46890299
Humans in my setting receive

+2 industry
+1 warfare
+1 culture
+1 growth
-1 ecology
-1 diplomacy

Overall they are pretty good at pumping out troops and absorbing lesser races and cultures, but kind of leave everything in a state of slow decay and infighting.
>>
>>46897650
>historical fantasy
Yeah, as in there's not really supernatural elements in the world, other than non-human sapients. There's no magic or gods, and the setting itself is based on Europe and European history.

>/pol/
These are fictional races, ace. There's no need to feel triggered by their characteristics.
>>
>>46897448
>muslims will get triggered by this
>>
>>46897650
>muh /pol/ boogeyman

Cry more.
>>
>>46890866
Well if they're based off of inuit... sometimes seals / walrus. sometimes whales if they can get them. Sometimes moose/elk.

But it's a bit retarded because inuit were village based most of the year and fishermen.

Plains indians were nomads and they followed buffalo / elk / caribou. They had some berries mixed in, but it's hard to get fat on relatively high protein diets, as opposed to the high fat diets of inuit (and relatively sedentary lifestyle).

In fact it was often better for inuit people to put on some extra fat weight, because well food reserves & insulation.
>>
>>46893157
Quarterling, obviously
>>
>>46897448
Biologically it wouldn't make sense for a northern race to be gaunt and tall. Long thin limbs is the adaptation for hot climates, they lose heat quicker.
>>
>>46896548
How does it work? Surely, the women still need to bear children, making them tremendously more important for the survival of the specie than the men? Why would they send their most important people to be slaughtered in war?

Of course, if a wizard did it (like a magical protection for every women), I don't see any particular issue. Exalted solved this problem by giving women superpowers at, at least, two separate occasion (Bride of Ahlat and terrestrial DBs). Then it's coherent.
>>
>>46898793
Maybe they have a such amazon culture, where man are far fewer than women. Thats why the man become most prized possession. And copulate with other race are considered to be impossible or taboo by their tradition.

Remember that women can't go pregnant on their own.
>>
>>46898730
It's not intended to "make sense biologically".
>>
>>46898730
> don't make sense
> don't know that most skandinavians and alps guy are atleast 1.8 m in size
>most of guy in equatorial are midget at 1.6 m

If you thought like that, the real worlds aren't make sense at all.
>>
>>46890299
>minuses
It's "maluses".
>>
>>46890299
Why is that lardass there?
>>
>Black people
>Tall black people
>Indians
>Inuit

Where are the Chinese? Japanese? What about the Mesoamericans or Aborigines?

Why is this artist such a piece of shit that they'd intentionally ignore entire continents worth of people? Is the whole world just "black people" to her?
>>
>>46890820
It's insulation.
>>
>>46893779

Because Germany is historically black? Ever since Saint Merkel brought the natives home.
>>
>>46890299
>Blacks are egyptian like, taller and stronger all at once
>tumblr art
Wew
>>
>>46898793

You're talking about people that have stunted imaginations living their entire lives in vacuum-sealed suburbs with nary an understanding of culture, independent thought or biology that wasn't part of a multiple choice question on the State Mandated Exam.

These people don't think, they don't understand context and they sure as hell don't understand history. Life to them has and always will be like an early 2000s 90% white suburb.
>>
>>46893728
Fire/radiant damage resistance
Ice /Necro damage vulnerability (melanin makes you more susceptible to frostbite)
>>
>>46899670

Isn't Hannibal popularly portrayed as black, now?
>>
File: 1425204032030.png (135 KB, 306x193) Image search: [Google]
1425204032030.png
135 KB, 306x193
>>46899703
Sadly yes.
Because AFRICA=BLACK
>>
>>46899703

Didn't Google portray all of the characters in Shakespeare's works as black in that banner they did a couple days ago?

Wasn't even Shakespeare given a heavy tan?

didnt they even go so far as to make literally everyone black or a woman in the "Veteran's Day" banner?
>>
>>46899745

Don't forget National Geographic's THE BLACK PHAROAHS front page, and how every movie set in Egypt now gets flak because the Egyptians aren't West Africans!
>>
>>46899703
No?
>>
File: 1456029351052.jpg (1 KB, 78x125) Image search: [Google]
1456029351052.jpg
1 KB, 78x125
>>46899768
Just as planned.
>>
>>46899788
Egyptians historically were the ancestors of white Brits, so I don't know why everyone's like "hurr durr historical accuracy" WHEN ITS ACTUALLY 100% ACCURATE TO CAST BRITS. Fucking tumbler.
>>
>>46899703
Yes, because Hannibal Barca was Carthaginian, and Carhage was in Morth Africa. Never mind the Carthaginians (or more accurately Punics) were descended from the Phonecians (their capital was in Lebanon) and Berbers (now determined by DnNA testing as caucasoid Arabs)
>>
File: We Wuz Bards 'n Sheeeiiit.jpg (79 KB, 800x257) Image search: [Google]
We Wuz Bards 'n Sheeeiiit.jpg
79 KB, 800x257
>>46899768
>Didn't Google portray all of the characters in Shakespeare's works as black in that banner they did a couple days ago?

You mean this?
>>
>>46899829
>Hannibal was an allahuackbar
>>
>>46899828
???????????
>>
>>46899828
Source?
>>
>>46899420
Scandinavians are not gaunt, they have big hevily built bodies.
>>
>>46899829
But anon, only blacks lived in Africa
It's different now because of white colonialism. You should all be ashamed.
>>
UHHHH
THIIICK
>>
>>46890299
Playing 5e with the Variant Human rule. Humans of various origins trends towards different attributes, but otherwise nah.
>>
>>46890299
>mfw there all short as fuck and I'm as tall as the female giant
>>
>>46890299
My setting's got Whites, Blacks, Arabs, and Asians.

They do not get bonuses. They're human. They do get options between certain skill bonuses or proficiencies.
>>
>>46899420
Tall =/= gaunt.
Size is a great way to keep warm. Be large. Be warm.

Then again, the climate can be even worse, and you are like a fucking inuit, where no energy can go to waste.
>>
>>46898978
>Remember that women can't go pregnant on their own.
No, but a man could impregnate hundreds of women at a time. Women start to have serious issues pushing out more than triplets and they have a long ass incubation period during which they become physically impaired.
>>
Regarding black Egyptians... Aren't historians talking about how Semites and Nubians basically traded that kingdom back and forth between each other, with the change of the dynasties?
>>
>>46901884
There was only one nubian dinasty, from the more than 30 than existed (and that without talking about the Ptolomeiac or Roman, or pre-Dinastic egyptian). You have since semitics, to indo-european speaking to afro-asian speaking groups taking power, but even then the majority of the population of Egypt remained the same, isn't like North America were the Anglos killed and displaced the natives but more like the French or the Iberians,the conquerors normally married the local noble families and became a part of the elite until another faction took over and cycle began again.
>>
>>46901548
Thats why that few men are most prized by their people. One of the men can impregnate dozens.

About the pregnant, they can leave them in the village until she has condemned worthy to take arms once more,or have some ritual to test someone of their fertility, that the ones declared worthy of child bearing will be separated from the other warriors to attend the bonding ritual,
or their race have some unique metabolism or other physical trait that mitigates the impairabilities.
>>
>>46890299
In one setting dwarves and elves are actually kinds of humans a-la shadowrun. Two dwarves could theoretically have an elven baby and lots of paternity questions.
>>
>>46890299
I have different cultures, but they just get different skill proficiencies based on background, and languages.
>>
>>46898038
>>46897783
[current year]
>>
>>46890299
Why do they all look like their feet are hooves? The first chick I can understand, she looks like a real pig, but the others?
>>
>>46904813
It's really pretty sad that this (>>46897650) sort of response is natural and common today.

Instead of becoming a more egalitarian, colorblind society we've devolved into endless identity politics and status signaling.
>>
>>46905487
Society can become more egalitarian (if for that you mean same in the eyes of the law),colourblind is another matter, and you probably would have to mess with the genes to stop it.
>>
>>46905487

Why would I want to become colorblind? I'd miss out on so many beautiful things if everything was some shade of gray.
>>
File: Bronze age fighters.jpg (378 KB, 1200x1620) Image search: [Google]
Bronze age fighters.jpg
378 KB, 1200x1620
Would it make sense if I used mostly human races as my races in a game, but had each nation of humans be a little different in terms of their biological origin?

Like the nation of Witches and Magic Users is partially that way because the majority of people there have some amount of demon in their bloodline? Or that the people in wild tribal land are good with nature and part animal in some ways?

That was it justifies both cultural as well as magical and biological human races?
>>
>>46890299
Yes, they are called elves, dwarves, half-orcs, halflings, gnomes, half-elves, tieflings and dragonborn
>>
>>46903392
They'd have to be like how some people flavor Elf pregnancies, where newborn Elves are a lot smaller than newborn Humans.
Would allow the mother to be a lot more active, even with a late-stage pregnancy.
>>
File: 1423090579724.jpg (59 KB, 544x468) Image search: [Google]
1423090579724.jpg
59 KB, 544x468
>>46899861
I'm so close to pulling a Breivik
>>
>>46899861
Who cares?
>>
>>46890299
We had a campaign with two types of humans.
One race of humans evolved naturally on their homeworld.

The other (The Orions) were created by gods on another world, in the image of the other humans. They were handed everything they needed to found a civilization and left to go from there. The problem is that they have absolutely no creative or artistic spark and can't see beyond the present. For example, they don't see wonder in the night sky, only the night sky. That doesn't mean they didn't have passion, but they just kind of never went anywhere on their own.
>>
>>46907321
This.

>>46899768
>Gosh, the shapes given to represent abstract characters that only exist because of a man's imagination being written down for later interpretation don't match my own imaginary interpretation of said imaginary characters!
>What heresy!

But on topic:
I actually run many campaigns with humans as the only race and everything stat wise is due to them being different either culturally or physically due to magic, with interbreeding being possible BECAUSE they're still technically humans, just modified.

It's a matter of taste, I guess.
>>
File: 1394328404192.jpg (112 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1394328404192.jpg
112 KB, 720x540
>>46906996
That is more or less what I do.
>>46907206
DEUS VULT!
>>46907379
{ancient aliens intensifies}
>>
>>46890738
I'm not a girl and I draw everything with enormous eyelashes, is there something wrong with that?
>>
>>46899861
Nigga, those people are mediterainian in his greek plays. They dark as hell
>>
I have the short, broad, bearded miner humans, the slender magical fey-connected humans, the mini-humans, the ugly stupid and strong humans, the bird-like humans, the lizard humans, and the robot humans.
>>
I let my players who play any humanoid(except underdark hominids) be whatever color pigment they want.

As for other humans, theres fletchlings which are just drow version of humans when it comes down to it

Then theres the Neanders. Neanderthas....thats all there is to it. Plus 2 con and a -2 to cha or just the general+2 anything
>>
File: That Can....jpg (43 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
That Can....jpg
43 KB, 640x480
>>46901171

I came here for the THICK.

I left because of the /pol/.
>>
>>46912126
So you have Welsh people, West European people, English people, African people, Native Americans, Asian people and Nu people?
Pshh, how original.
>>
File: halflings.jpg (139 KB, 1280x597) Image search: [Google]
halflings.jpg
139 KB, 1280x597
>>46899485
Other races are reserved for other races.
>>
File: thick Thick THICK.jpg (25 KB, 244x294) Image search: [Google]
thick Thick THICK.jpg
25 KB, 244x294
>>46890299
>that female nomad
Would smash, god damn
>>
File: SweatingMan.jpg (18 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
SweatingMan.jpg
18 KB, 250x250
>>46914846
>that female dwarf
>that female gnome
THICC
>>
>>46899869
>>46899829
Hannibal was a Mediterranean mutt, he wasn't black neither was he fully Semitic
>>
>>46905995
No anon lets all mix into one race and erase our respective cultures so we can end racism and buy iphones

On topic, I avoid differentiating humans too much when I dm because it generates ashurt with my players.
I just use fantasy races to explore racial tensions and stereotypes, which somehow works way easier.

That said, with an friend we've been working on a setting were it's essentially earth with the current landmasses modified and made into a fantasy world, with gods, magic and such, but all the races/cultures are based on ours.

So white people, black people, ect.
Not sure if I'd actually get to use it desu
>>
>>46891928
Is there such a thing as a double-Halfling?
>>
They've only been around for 4000 years and change and did not evolve naturally, so it's basically just cultural groups. There are black people though. They were created early on by a blacksmith who hit a sword so hard with his hammer that it exploded and showered his city in soot, turning everyone black. Dark skin is called The Smith's Testament.

There are also 10 foot tall people sometimes, but that's just random, sort of.
>>
>>46893728

> high melanin [background]
> SLA: 1/week *collect welfare*
>>
>>46897448
You've almost described the three races of jews.
>>
>>46899861
>people see this art and think it's a depiction of the individuals as literally black-skinned and not just color choices
Yes, Google is trying to shill for the blond-haired negroes of aryan facial structure and the purple witches and the black kings with red noses that reach their foreheads.
>>
>>46914846
As always, dwarves are the best race.
>>
>>46914846
>female gnome
Fuck humans, if this is furry then I'll be a fucking furry because goddamn.
>>
>>46890299
African Wizards made a wall of impenetrable cliffs, stonework, and a little spit around their whole continent. It's smaller than real africa, though.

Also, there's Arabian Nights arabs and a super generic "mysterious east" who had a great wall, but rumor says that it rotted decades ago.
>>
>everyone wanting fatties
Oy vey, you don't want something like that, here just wait for an anorexic super model to come along. When one does I've got a great deal on weddings, fertility treatments, black male sperm banks, plastic surgery, cosmetics, and divorce lawyers. Doesn't that sound better than wasting your time on one of these fatties?
>>
>>46899861
nigga that's just artstyle
>>
>>46916015
Sounds like the Tattered Realms.
>>
>>46916029
>fatties
Senpai, we're talking about UHH THICC, not fat-ass whores.
>>
>>46890299
>different types of humans
>not just making tribes with different magics and having no distinction between human and not
Where my gauls at? Any celts in the house? How about jutes, trolls, geats, nemedians, vanir, or fir bolg?
>>
>>46915237
Yes, it's Ling.
>>
>>46914846
>dwarves with cow tails
okay what
>>
>>46914938
When will this meme finally die? We've trolled ourselves into liking fatties better than any tumblr raid could ever do. It's disgusting and degenerate.
Especially the fatties in the two pictures, fuck. It's trying to sell the idea that people can be naturally obese, while they can't. Inuits weren't obese before white men came, gave them booze and food stamps. No known nomadic cultures were obese. Not even the fattest of seals have so much blubber, as the ones in picture have way over 40% bf.
Yes, I mad. We did it to ourselves and yet we prize ourselves better than tumblr.
>>
>>46916180
Huldra
not cows
>>
>>46916180
Looks like "dwarf" is the common term in-setting for a particular race of this short, hairy, tail-having species.
>>
>>46898038
>I have 3 races in my setting; tall and civilized white people, taller and ancient-blooded white people, and dirty short stupid niggers who have too many kids and are naturally antagonistic to civilization

>i-it's totally not /pol/ y-you guise
>>
File: hands.png (46 KB, 350x445) Image search: [Google]
hands.png
46 KB, 350x445
>>46916290
Let this image represent our solidarity on this subject. I'm all for letting others have their fun, but not this time. Not this fun, which is at the expense of the health of all humanity.

Being fat is an illness with a cure. It should not be treated as attractive and people should not resign themselves to it or be encouraged to do so.
>>
>>46916375
>What are humans, elves, and orcs?
>>
>>46914846
>every race is "human with accessories"
jesus fuck how uninspired. this is why star trek fans shouldnt design characters
>>
>>46916290
>>46916385
How about you stop being so low test
>>
>>46918928
How about you stop being a lardbucket.
>>
>>46916385
>Not this fun, which is at the expense of the health of all humanity.
No, only half of it; fat dudes are gross and degenerate.
>>
>>46916385
My girlfriend has PCOS so...is that an excuse as to why she find it hard to lose weight despite hitting the Gym 6 days a week?
>>
>>46915237
They're called Kenyans
>>
>>46918945
>implying
No, but seriously; get some taste you faggot. Those females aren't even close to being Tumblr hambeast tier.
>>
>>46916686

Elves are shorter than humans and orcs are just pig-faced. You'll have to try again, senpai.
>>
>>46918981
>Those females aren't even close to being Tumblr hambeast tier.
they are literally more fat than person, and likely subsist on a diet of corn starch and butter
>>
File: 1448432559987.jpg (17 KB, 316x239) Image search: [Google]
1448432559987.jpg
17 KB, 316x239
>>46918962
How about she stop consuming sugar and grains?
>>
File: neverchange.jpg (187 KB, 1280x1067) Image search: [Google]
neverchange.jpg
187 KB, 1280x1067
>>46916290
>When will this meme finally die?
Long after all men do, and no sooner.
>>
>>46919005
Lel no, get your eyes checked senpai. The fattest is the north nomad chick, and she's probably somewhere around 37% or 40%.

That being said, I literally do not give a fuck. Those hips and thighs do not lie.
>>
>>46919019
I mean, she could stop completely but desu its probably my fault.

She's not even that big, only a size 14 UK sizes but she's trying and I'm happy.

Have a good day Anon xd
>>
>>46919181
You too, mate.
>>
>>46919042
Left is a god's idol to hope for healthy pregnancies and genetic fitness
Right is a tribute to the lack of genetic fitness and actually prevents pregnancies
>>
>>46919289
Right actually looks more healthy than the left.
>>
>>46919302
>>
>>46919311
Note that "more healthy" does not mean, in fact, "healthy".

That being said, would smash right
>>
>>46919352
>Falling for the fatty jew
Shiggy
>>
>>46919399
>fatty
Chubby*, plump*, thiicc*, dear-god-those-thighs*

:^)
>>
>>46897448
Why don't you let your players play subhuman not-muslim darkies, anon?
>>
>>46890299
Yes and, while I like to have some non-human intelligent/sentient species, the events are mostly protagonized by different kinds of humans who fill most of the world. They have specific bonuses (but not minuses) to several habilities depending on origin because we use a system where this is kind of normal.
>>
>>46895841
Nah because the prupose of elves and stuff like that is to be myth creatures, not actual persons.
>>
Garuda look like fuccbois. Both of them.

The male looks like he probably sucks more dicks than the female.
>>
>>46918994
>Elves are shorter than humans
>orcs are just pig-faced
Nice opinions, friend.
>>
File: 1422662689942.jpg (379 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1422662689942.jpg
379 KB, 1440x900
>>46890299
My setting only has Norians, which are basically humans. There's at least three cultures of Norians with small biological differences.
The first ones are the horse nomands that still live in the steppes of Noria. Think Mongols or Turks. They're generally the most muscular and hardy, and excel at riding horses and a variety of other animals. Their magic is mostly wild and spiritual in nature.
The Norians of Fourthland have settled down centuries ago and mixed with other species, especially "high elves". They're the tallest and most inventive. They have a caste of knights which ride giant rams or horses into battle, and also great magicians.
The Norians of Kota have intermingled with even more different species, especially Riagets and the Goblin/Halfling race. They're shorter and much more peaceful than their northern neighbors. You won't find better traders, politicians or craftsmen of everyday items anywhere in Levia.
>>
There are no "humans" left in my setting, they were wiped out.

Some of them put their souls inside suits of armor, embedded with crystals that contain their souls.

One of the main villains is a secret society that put all of their souls into one huge, gem.
>>
>>46921115
Pics of them?
>>
>>46890299
Why would I want niggers in my game?
>>
>>46920033
The game I was running took place in a time period where contact between the primary setting and the place where Muezim live had been cut off for an extended period.
>>
File: 1459170790136.png (321 KB, 331x495) Image search: [Google]
1459170790136.png
321 KB, 331x495
>>46921227
IT'S 2016! HELLO??!!
>>
>>46921220
I'm sorry, I'm even less artistically gifted than the monk who drew your picture. I don't have any pics.
>>
>>46921256
>current year
Up yours nigger.
>>
File: 1433248794483.gif (979 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
1433248794483.gif
979 KB, 450x253
>>46921313
It was a joke, mate.
>>
>>46921313
IT'S [THE CURRENT YEAR], I MEAN COME ON! I CANNOT EVEN!
>>
>>46890299
Yes. But they're all still called humans. In a fantasy world where there are elves, goblins, orcs, dwarves, etc., humanity has a fuck ton more to worry about than something as petty as skin coloration or what continent they came from.
>>
>>46921591
>implying filthy niggers aren't more closely related to orcs or trolls than humans.
>>
>>46916311

Huldra tend to be taller and more attractive.
>>
>>46890299
>Do you include different types of humans in your setting, /tg/?
Since my settings is almost entirely humans only, different types of humans (that is, different ethnicities) are pretty key to introducing variety, and the differences between them are intentionally somewhat exaggerated.
There is only one other sentient race that isn't strictly speaking human (though they are very close to them), but I hadn't quite yet figured whenever I'm ever going to make them playable. For now, they are not.

>If so, do they have any specific bonuses or minuses?
Strictly speaking no, but practically yes. The logic is that your stat distribution is derived from your history, rather than your ethnicity. Any race or ethnicity can have any history in theory, but in practice, each ethnicity has a greater propensity towards specific types of history. The River tribes, for an example, have in vast majority history associated with fishing, reed working etc... Nomadic ethnical groups are going to very likely have riding and herding and war-related histories.

So practically, if you come across someone from a specific ethical group, you can very easily assume what they are like and through that, what kind of stats will the have. "Stereotypes" exist, they are just not iron rules.
>>
>>46921752
>ethnical
>ethical
It's just ethnic.
>>
>>46921766
OK, thanks for pointing that out, I'll watch out for that next time.
>>
>>46890299

those proportions gave me aids
>>
>>46921766
>>46921818
Ethnic and ethical mean two different things. Ethnic and ethnical are the same thing, but ethnic is shorter and more elegant.
>>
>>46890299
>Humans with dark skin look like olympian athletes with impressive physiques.
>Humans with pale skin look like either lanky social outcasts or like they never leave the couch to hunt seals in the north.

>deviantart tag
Shoulda guessed...
>>
>>46922061
>implying that nomad male isn't bearmode as fuck
>implying that nomad female isn't thiic as fuck
>>
File: 1461685834680.jpg (327 KB, 1055x808) Image search: [Google]
1461685834680.jpg
327 KB, 1055x808
>>46922061
>>
>>46890299
My WIP D&D5E setting has a few. Essentially there are four related races (goliaths, humans, dwarves and halflings) native to the world and while all four have managed to somehow coexist, humans are like RL modern humans and have a little bit of their cousins mixed into their genetics, which combined with a few of their own quirks and a few millenia of localized breeding back in their stone age has left humans with a few quirky subraces.

I've left the mechanics out of it because it's pretty easy to use variant human mechanics to build your character to represent their ethnicity anyway, and this way if someone wants to snowflake a little and play an Alcanese who totally defies ethnic norms, I don't have to hear them bitch about the stats don't let them play one well. I just added "suggested" options of what a typical member of each major ethnic group would have.
>>
>>46922008

>Implying having AIDS is a bad thing

Check your health privilege.
>>
>>46922343
I want the bugchasers to leave.
>>
>>46922391
Oh don't worry, they'll being leaving soon enough. Leaving this mortal coil, that is.
>>
>scifi setting revolving around setting up colonies on new worlds
>lore explicitly states niggers refuse to leave Earth
>You'll never see a nigger in space unless it's some touring movie or music star
>It's a new age of cooperation, peace and prosperity, except Earth which is a polluted, war torn hellhole.
>Implications
>>
File: 1447164070158.jpg (42 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1447164070158.jpg
42 KB, 500x375
>>46922887
/pol/ pls
>>
blacks: -10 intelligence +5 strength +10 cock size

is that what you wanted to see, op?
>>
>>46890299
There's a few different kinds of humans in my former incomplete setting, and they have some stat differences tied to culture.
Basically you chose a place of origin (not-Iran, not-Venice and so on), and a place in that society (caste or group you grew up in), and that resulted in a stat bonus.
So instead of just being "I'm from not-Venice so I'm a natural sailor" it was more like "I'm from not-Venice and I'm a common labourer, so I'm bilingual and I know some carpentry". It was just to get players to put a bit more thought into their backstory.
>>
>>46922887
>we leave earth to them and guard it in the hope that one day they'll kill each other off and revert to a tribal state, allowing the recolonization of earth.
>>
>>46921591
sorry man but that is still bullshit
>>
>>46922025
"Ethnical" is not a word.
>>
>>46890299
in my setting:
> Women get
... +1 Intuition
... -1 Strength

the Races are represented accordingly:
> Whites
... +1 Courage

> Blacks
... +1 Constitution
... +1 Strength
... -1 Intelligence

> Asians
... +2 on many skills of their choosing
... +1 Intelligence
... -1 Strength

> Arabs
... +1 Charisma

There, /pol/ has been served
>>
>>46923186
Not really. People would worry more about their own country, and surviving against several radically different species than themselves. Plus you wouldn't have the development of racism within humanity, but rather (fundamentally more accurate) species-hate. When there are warmongering barbarian hordes, xenophobic forest-dwellers, and gold-hoarding assholes, and all of them look drastically different than all variants of humanity, racism becomes truly a matter of actual different species.
>>
>>46923494
I hate spics ad much as I hate abbos, and the latter aren't even human.
Get rekt.
>>
>>46923491
That's fucking retarded

Women:
+2 charisma
-2 strength

Whites:
+1 strength
+1 intelligence

Blacks:
+2 constitution
-1 intelligence

Asians:
+2 intelligence
>>
>>46923494
thats not how inter-group hatred works, the fact that sunnis and shiites continued to kill each even though they both hated the american occupation should be enough to tell you that
>>
>>46923494
Not true, especially since certain outsider species may have traits that most humans find appealing, such as all being white, all being physically attractive, all being intelligent, all being excellent workers, etc. whereas the darkies will still want to steal your bike and consume welfare, Haji still shits in your streets, and Taco Sanchez still refuses to learn fucking Common or pay taxes.
>>
>>46924654

This.

The belief that finding extraterrestrials will somehow unite Humanity is nothing but a load of wishful thinking, if anything the discovery will only divide humanity further as we now can argue the Jew *really is* working with the aliens, or the darkies are apparently perfect slaves to their will.
>>
>>46923494

This is like saying I can't hate humans because I hate cats.
>>
>>46923491
Women:
-8 strength
-2 intelligence

Whites:
+1 strength
+1 intelligence

Blacks:
+1 constitution
-6 intelligence

Asians:
+1 intelligence
>>
>>46923485
dict.cc has it listed
>>
>>46924946
Uh, some German-English dictionary? Well I'm a native speaker with high proficiency and I can guaran-fucking-tee you that "ethnical" is not a real word.
>>
>>46924971
It seems to be a very common misspelling then. Google gives me about 550 000 results for it.
>>
>>46925016
>common misspelling
Well, yeah, people are fucking dumb. Most native English speakers don't know that "should of" is not actually the proper way to contract "should have", and routinely fuck up simple shit like "they're" "their" and "there".
>>
>>46890299
> bonuses or minuses
> or minuses
You mean penalties?
>>
>>46925106
Here's two cool new words you can use:
>malus
>weakness
>>46925077
Yeah, I stumble upon that sort of retardation all the time. But I think it's common in all languages. You just have the unique situation that your orthography is fucked beyond recovery.
>>
>>46918962
Ditch her. Every girl Ive ever met with PCOS was a contstantly-PMSing horrible human being with a toxic personality disorder.

One was literally the nerd-girl demon that men get called misogynist for complaining about; a manipulative, lying attention whore that consciously friendzones dudes to create a harem that will provide her with a steady supply of delicious nourishing attention and validation. Who never, ever breaks up with someone unless she's got another dude lined up, and who "trades up" whenever the opportunity presents itself. Histrionic Personality Disorder to a T.
>>
>>46923485
No, but it is a pun.
>>
>>46918994

>Elves are shorter than humans
mongoloids

>orcs are just pig-faced
congoids
>>
File: 1451552280907.gif (730 KB, 218x149) Image search: [Google]
1451552280907.gif
730 KB, 218x149
>>46890299
>kangs
>Fat elves
>Elves
>Niggers are named after sea creatures
>3 inch heads
>Anime jaws
>"Humans"
I don't know whether to laugh or lecture on the art style. I'm almost sure it was intentional.
>>
File: poof.png (30 KB, 202x189) Image search: [Google]
poof.png
30 KB, 202x189
>>46890299
>>46926867
And also as to your question, no, I don't.
>>
>>46926867
of course it was intentional, the "white" girl looks more manly than the "white" guy, they're the weakest looking people there as well

this is some tumblr tier drawing
>>
>>46890299
My campaign is in a world were all races hold a common human ancestor. (No trope races allowed)

Main races can be summed up as having similar features to:
Nordics
General North-West Medieval Europeans
Early Germanic Tribesmen
Romans
Egyptians
Venetians
Mongolians
Eastern Asians
Scotsmen

Each is their own race with their own names and history, they're mostly similar in appearance and garb.
>>
>>46921591
That makes no sense, in the past people believed in all kinds of supernatural forces and yet prejudice and bias against oher humans was rampant.

If you want an excuse for your non interhuman racism, just use the classic "it's fantasy" or no excuse at all (who is gonna seriously ask for one?).
>>
>>46923057
>not-iran
>not-venice

Finish the fucking setting my friend.
>>
>>46927193
>white
I thought they were supposed to be Southeast Asian ladyboys.
>>
>>46924758
To be completely honest,

Women:
-2 strength
-2 constitution
-1 wisdom
+3 charisma

Whites:
+1 strength
+1 intelligence
+1 constitution

Blacks:
+2 constitution
+1 strength
-2 intelligence
-2 wisdom
-2 cha

Asians:
+1 intelligence
+1 wisdom
+1 dexterity

In my opinion using any sort of different race of humans, especially real world races, is a shit idea to begin with.
>>
File: kek.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>46924758
>>46929060
>he thinks whites are as smart as asians
It's like none of you cuckasoids have read the Bell Curve.
>>
>>46898038
It wouldn't be a boogeyman if they weren't actually trying to subsume 4chan
>>
>>46929720
All the Asians in western countries are smarter than whites.

All the dumb plebes are still in Asia.
>>
File: kobold_by_ablaine-d5hmmwb.png (300 KB, 900x598) Image search: [Google]
kobold_by_ablaine-d5hmmwb.png
300 KB, 900x598
>>46914846
>Those kobolds....
-3/10
>>
Gwenaƫl, hardy, tall, fair skinned people of the north.
Clelian, artisan, romantic, lithe people of the upper highlands.
Heidian, crazy eugenics race created by a long gone magoracy. Very strong sexual dimorphism
Hildran, the nomadic peoples with fair skin and black hair.
Jovan, a swarthy people, crafty politicans, shrewd commanders. Laid the foundation for many modern kingdoms
>>
>>46934617
Yeah, let's unironically bump this garbage thread
>>
>unironically
>implying

Thanks for letting me bump it again.
>>
>>46891770
>>46893469
As long as the thread's still here I might as well ask what people think of how I've treated half races in my setting. Is it as idiotic as I've feared or as not entirely shit as I've hoped?
>>
>>46897448
...y'know bro, I know you don't see anything wrong with your "historical fantasy", but you really need to re-read entry 3 much more slowly and reconsider your approach here.
>>
>>46890806
>deviantart

Why do you think?
>>
Nope, everyone is the same white race so no one gets offended.
Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.