[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw after reading the last church
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16
File: 1433357270958.jpg (58 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1433357270958.jpg
58 KB, 640x960
>mfw after reading the last church
>>
>>46889954
>my face when after reading
UMM ACTUALLY
>>
>>46889954

That priest was retarded as fuck. Like yeah, he was right that he still ended up living a life of good but that was DESPITE being religious, not BECAUSE OF IT.

When your literal god unveils himself and tells you "yo, you're wrong about religion" you don't go "BUT BUT MUH GOOD DEEDS". He could STILL DO GOOD DEEDS WITHOUT THE RELIGION OF THE LIGHTNING STONE.
>>
>>46890341
I mean, being retarded is a requirement for humans in 40k.
>>
>>46890341

As opposed to the Emperor? "Lel, if people didn't have religion they wouldn't kill each other all the time over stupid shit!"

See how well the fuck that one turned out. And I mean, it's not like you're supposed to be an immortal superbeing who has presided over something like 40 millenia of human history at that point.

Honestly, the damn shame of The Last Church is that an interesting premise got such a shitty handling.
>>
>>46890341
>When your literal god unveils himself
When your literal god tells you he is retarded you can do nothing about it.
>>
>>46893730
Eh-hem.

Being retarded is a perquisite for fanatics in 40k.

Whether that be ministorum, cogboys, inquisition, xenos or chaos.
>>
>>46893822
thank you for properly broadening the scope of that assessment, it was rather too narrow to be accurate
>>
>>46893796
>the damn shame of [everything by black library] is that an interesting premise got such a shitty handling
>>
>>46893822
As he said, humans.
>>
>>46893809

That just makes the priest a double retard for sticking his fingers in his ears and going NOOOO NOOO MY GOD CAN'T BE RETARDED

He's worse than Luke Skywalker.
>>
>>46893846
>>46893863

Not all humans are fanatics.

'You two knife-ears or something?
>>
>>46893796
>implying he was wrong

If you are going to eliminate all violence, eliminating religion has to be a part of that.

Full stop.

Period.

End of discussion.

Maybe it was stupid to eliminate religion first and not other, more immediate and more often violent things, but you're still going to have to get rid of opposing religions.
>>
>>46893937
Wars for religion are only a premise for economic conflicts. Religious people are tools to be used, not the active power initiating the whole process and applying force to said tool. Maybe, you are too young to understand that.
>>
>>46893937

You are never going to eliminate all intrahuman violence short of some kind of lobotomy or mind control to get everyone thinking alike. Religious values are no different from any sort of other ideology in that regard, and you don't see Emps campaigning against economic systems or aesthetics or anything else.

He acts with all the reflection of a le tiptip Reddit atheist parody.
>>
>>46893937
In a way you're right, but that's because to eliminate all conflict means you have to remove anything that anyone could disagree on. Everything from national loyalty to racial pride to fucking sports teams can cause violence.
>>
>>46893914
You can't be more retarded than retarded god.
>>
>>46894010

Then maybe you should stop harping on "the Emperor is retarded for trying to remove religion" and start saying "the Emperor is retarded for trying to remove all violence"

>you don't see Emps campaigning against economic systems or aesthetics or anything else

Yeah, you kind of do, actually. Were you not aware 40k ended up with a completely different set of economy and aesthetic? Everything has skulls and the Mechanicus supplies the Imperium with everything and the marines and regiments pay tithes, etc.
>>
File: 1457322374521.gif (407 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1457322374521.gif
407 KB, 250x250
>>46893937
>>
>>46894059

People who whine about the Emperor being retarded or making bad choices tend to be far stupider as evidenced by the fact that they can't see the logic behind the Emperor's actions. I bet you complained about the "Martha" thing in Batman vs. Superman.
>>
>>46894074
>Were you not aware 40k ended up with a completely different set of economy and aesthetic?
Prove it. Imperium has feudal worlds, capitalist worlds, planned economy worlds, etc.
>>
>>46890341
>DESPITE being religious, not BECAUSE OF IT.

This is a pretty retarded way of seeing it. Religion isn't some magic toggle that turns most people violent.
>>
>>46894092
Stop posting any time
>>
>>46893937
Not eliminating all religion, but eliminating all religion except for one religion, sans spirituality.

Religion is just really deep-rooted culture, and can be used for benefit.
>>
>Dresses like a god
>Talks like a god
>Behaves like a god
>Sends a bunch of religi- !!SCIENTIFIC!! fanatics across the galaxy to subjugate unbeli- other civilizations
>Is generally every criticism levied against the old testament god with a fresh coat of anti-theistic paint and fueled by 40k's penchant for cranking everything up to eleven

Stop worshiping meeeeeeeee!

Also, I read that whole story and when a mother fucker actually tells someone that religion has killed more people than politics (while actively,at that moment, killing people in the name of politics), there is no fedora gif on the internet that can describe the stupidity.

>>46894092

God works in mysterious ways. Especially when Games Workshop makes up the biggest ass pull in writing history by saying that chaos is made stronger merely by being aware of it.

Seriously, not even the primarchs? The entire backstory would have gone a hell of a lot better if 20 people could have been informed of their actual enemy by a father that supposedly loves reason and the pursuit of knowledge.
>>
>>46894074

>Then maybe you should stop harping on "the Emperor is retarded for trying to remove religion" and start saying "the Emperor is retarded for trying to remove all violence"

Did you read the story? Emps is trying to remove all religion precisely because in his views, it's responsible for nothing but people killing each other, which is a retarded as fuck argument.

>Yeah, you kind of do, actually. Were you not aware 40k ended up with a completely different set of economy and aesthetic?

The IoM decentralizes almost all of that stuff to individual worlds to do with as they please, as long as the tithes to the Imperium itself keep flowing. You don't have an Emperor handed down YOU MUST LIKE THIS KIND OF ART, YOU WILL STRUCTURE YOUR ECONOMY WITH THIS MUCH IN THE SERVICE SECTOR AND THIS MUCH IN MANUFACTURING.
>>
>>46894191
Something I like is that despite being one of the most alien beings in the setting the Emperor still gets to call himself human

This is all a result of GW ripping off Muad'Dib's jihad with none of the context and not retconning it somehow once the setting became "serious"
>>
>>46894092
He tried getting rid of all religion because one of the writers was an atheist and thought it would be cool. Not really much more to it. You have to be purposely dense not to understand the human need for religion, or it's ability for control when used as a tool of control. You would also have to be dense to think you could get rid of it. The Emperor is retarded because the setting sometimes demands it, but also because the authors are retarded.

Also the Last Church is hot garbage. The priest dedicating his life to God because he misinterpreted the Emperor to be Christ was fine, but after that it gets bad. The arguments the Emperor uses are something a teenager who reads Dawkins would use, and the priest has to be the literal stupidest catholic priest in the world not to be able to argue it (that's because of the writer really), there are honestly better arguments both sides could have been using and if he wasn't going to put effort into it why include that part at all. Also literally who was clock?

Like, a broken clock prophesied to signal the end of the world when it chimes suddenly chiming when your Militant Atheist Superhuman burns down the last church in the world in a setting where God doesn't exist only creates questions. Was it fucking Cheogorath? Or am I, the reader, supposed to assume that burning down the last Catholic church marked the actual biblical apocalypse? Because that just makes me question your settings whole metaphysics and not in a good way. Getting the story signed by Dawkins was another thing, I honestly have no idea what he was trying to convey when he wrote that story.
>>
>>46894292
>Getting the story signed by Dawkins was another thing
What
>>
>>46894292
The Emperor isn't an atheist, he knows there are Gods and is lying about them.

This whole religion vs atheism shit is moot because gods exist in the 40k universe and the Emperor was just lying about it. Why he was lying is the debate.
>>
>>46894336
Imagine how cool things would be if he just got everyone to worship the laughing god.

>>46894323
He tweeted a picture of him with Dawkins and said he got The Last Church signed. Which was funny because it threw what little regard the story had under the bus because now it doesn't make any sense.
>>
Point of order the Emperor isn't removing religion to prevent violence and division, that's a lie and an excuse. He tries to remove religion to weaken Chaos, because the four powers feed off of faith and belief.

He's still retarded, but not for the reasons you think he is. He lies to the priest because remember the Emperor doesn't tell anyone about CHAOS, not even his own sons and we know how that turns out.
>>
>>46894400
>suppressing knowledge of Chaos is retarded

It's kind of been proven to be smarter than the alternative.
>>
>>46894400

Which begs the question as to why he'd even bother. Just send the Thunder warriors to burn the place down and be done with it.
>>
>>46894400
>they feed off faith in belief

You know even atheists have faith and belief. They're just in other things besides gods. You literally cannot get rid of faith or belief. It's like trying to get rid of hope.

And why even argue about it with the guy then. Why not just burn the church down? The whole thing wasn't just an exercise in futility , it made no fucking sense.
>>
>>46894336
Seems pretty obvious to me. After watching humans fuck up constantly for literally tens of thousands of years, he doesn't believe they can know about the presence of the Chaos Gods and not worship them, so he tells them there's no Gods and nothing out there to worship.
>>
>>46894400
>He tries to remove religion to weaken Chaos, because the four powers feed off of faith and belief.
They feed on emotions and passions, not faith, and promote cultists for their deeds, not faith and devotion. I'm fairly certain that the most powerful daemon prince of Khorne was Genghis Khan and he massacred thousands without any concern for his or their religious beliefs. And we know that this "suppress faith and knowledge to weaken Chaos" never works in 40k and always does the opposite.
>>
So, is 15 hours a better story than the last church?

It has
>stalingrad
>orks
>grots
>melee
>comfy planet
>>
>>46894468

Faith leads to deeds. A wishy washy cultist who's on the fence ain't gonna do shit.

It's probably why we have the Be'lakor/Undivided fiasco these days.
>>
>>46894468
>And we know that this "suppress faith and knowledge to weaken Chaos" never works in 40k and always does the opposite.

Chaos cults spring up even with the repression. Imagine how common they'd be if they were common knowledge. Just look at how many worlds rebel against the Imperium for non-Chaos reasons.
>>
>>46894463
>>46894468
>>46894430
>>46894426

We know in hindsight it doesn't work. Remeber the Emperors biggest flaw is he believes he is absolutely right, can see no one else's view, and if people would just do what he said things would be fine. He's a narcissist who has the godlike powers to back it up, he's Gilgamesh or Ozymandias or Light.

To his autistic mind, he's being NICE and HELPFUL by explaining to this stubborn, stupid man that religion is faffle and only logic and serene emotionlessness will save humanity. The Emperor expects humanity to all be autistic ubermenches like him, he wants to fundamentally change and evolve the species.
>>
>>46894464
Someone who had lived that long should have had acquired a sense for long-term planning, besides having seen governments in the past try to do pretty much the same things and failing miserably, and realized that his plan was dumb and would fall apart. Thinking he could succeed because of having supersoldiers and bigger guns would be even dumber. The only thing WORSE for this "no religion, ever" plan would be to choose the form of a shiny invincible giant clad in golden armor
>>
>>46894566

Except he's right. The narrator already says humanity is involving into a psychic race. You can't just do what you've already been doing. Humanity left to its own devices had already destroyed itself not once, not twice, but more than THREE separate instances.

Call the Emperor flawed all you want, but humanity is even worse off without him.
>>
>>46893937
>Full stop.
>Period.
>End of discussion.

Well, I for one am convinced by the overwhelming weight of evidence displayed here.
>>
>>46894605

Does religion cause violence? Yes. We have millions of historical data to prove it.

Therefore, to remove violence, one most remove the causes of violence, of which religion is one of many.

It's simple facts and logic.
>>
>>46894593
I concern that point. After all, the central point of 40k is that for how fucked up it is, the IoM is still THE ACTUAL BEST THAT CAN BE DONE

That's how fucked up the universe is supposed to be
>>
>>46894657
*concede
>>
>>46894520
A lot of things lead to deeds. Love, hate, fear, greed, lust, pride, hope, jealousy. All common reasons to do things. Faith is just another one. It's a flimsy argument.

>>46894593
You know what's funny about that, humanity was never greater than when it wasn't under the Emperor. Sure we Men of Iron'd our self, but we had done something like that before and rebounded just fucking fine. The Emperor set everything on course for destruction and technological stagnation that could do nothing to stop the former. He ended up creating the very vast hosts of chaos himself, as well as giving them their most powerful converts.
>>
>>46894634
>Therefore, to remove violence, one most remove the causes of violence, of which religion is one of many.

*tips fedora*

So how do you do that without causing even more violence? Do you have compelling evidence than some sort of religion or belief system is not a intrinsic part of human civilization, and that it is a problem that can be solved by getting your zealots to kill everyone who disagrees with you and all but declaring yourself a god?
>>
>>46894593
I'm genuinely curious to know which instances? I can only think of Men of Iron/Stone and having to go Butlerian Jihad on their shiny, metal asses.

I agree that without the Emperor's (mostly failed) attempt humanity would have probably fucked themselves up with a Fall of the Eldar style doomsday as they evolve fully into a psychic race.
>>
>>46894634
you know what else causes death and suffering? Lots of people. Maybe the emperor should have gone on a genocide spree.
>>
File: 1185052-emperor.jpg (23 KB, 386x279) Image search: [Google]
1185052-emperor.jpg
23 KB, 386x279
>implying I'm a god just because I have a glowing halo
Man people sure are stupid amirite?
>>
>>46894707
>So how do you do that without causing even more violence?

I think the Emperor is utilitarian enough to believe killing X people to save X+1 people is morally upright.
>>
>>46894739
And how is killing a lot of people in any way a long term solution to religion?
>>
>>46894634
>Does religion cause violence? Yes.

No. Humans being stupid, greedy, selfish, power-hungry, irrational creatures causes violence. If you remove religion, we'll just find other reasons to kill each other.
>>
>>46894771
>we'll just find other reasons to kill each other

You basically just admitted religion was a reason people caused violence.
>>
>>46894711
He did that two two recovering Terran societies because they where too religious for him after they surrendered.

Hey, The Emperor is Hitler. I get it now.

>>46894739
>Utilitarian enough
>Utilitarianism is a civilization of production and of use, a civilization of things and not of persons, a civilization in which persons are used in the same way as things are used.

I think I'm starting to get the setting now.
>>
>>46894785
He also said that destroying religion was pointless and ultimately a useless outburst of violence, what you're supposedly trying to avoid
>>
>>46894785
The root cause of violence is human nature. We will always be violent. We'll just find different ways to excuse and justify it. If we can't kill people because God says so, we'll just find another reason.
>>
>>46894336
The Ruinous Powers aren't gods.
They have godlike power. They demand worship.
That doesn't make them gods. They are incredibly powerful extradimensional parasites.
>>
>>46893937
>If you are going to eliminate all violence

The only way to do that would be do amputate the limbs of all humanity and stick them in matrix pods, and even then they would still engage in matrix-violence.
>>
>>46894807
>He did that two two recovering Terran societies because they where too religious for him after they surrendered.
>Hey, The Emperor is Hitler. I get it now.
no he is an autist who wants people to get on his functionally immortal, virtually omnipotent level.
He plans around the strongest, not around the weakest.
>>
>>46894270

Muad'Dib, of course, did not attempt to eliminate religion because he was smarter than an edgy 13-year-old
>>
>>46894881
>He plans around the strongest, not around the weakest.

So you're telling me he is killing people who are in his mind weaker than him in order to further humanity into one of a perfect race? People he blames for humanity not being perfect already?

So literally Hitler?
>>
>>46894785
>You basically just admitted religion was a reason people caused violence.
Most of us call it Islam.
>>
>>46894915
only unlike hitler who was a bitter half jew, big E was around for all of humanity's development, and the best idea he had was to use violence randomly. Why not kill most of the species, letting the most psychically advanced subspecies stay alive and lead them into a glorious victory?

>>46894920
>christianity dindu nuffin.
>jesus was a man of peace.
>>
>>46894881
The Emperor made exactly 2 mistakes.
1. He loved Horus as a son and could not see past this love.
2. He expected the people around him to trust in the grand design that only he could see, and be halfway competent about it.
>>
>>46894964
As I recall, I said nothing about Christianity. That's a mighty fine straw man, though.
What I did say is that no one can keep a straight face while denying that Islam causes violence.
>>
>>46894964
Only he didn't do that. He just killed people who thought differently. Ironically, it was space magic that made people more like him. Who he then had killed.

Also. Jesus literally was a man of peace. Even his one act of violence didn't result in anyone getting hurt.
>>
>>46895048
>Also. Jesus literally was a man of peace. Even his one act of violence didn't result in anyone getting hurt.
And he was part of a society that was a roman client state that didn't have utter violence as the norm as late antiquity arabia.
>>46895027
No argument from me there.
>>
>>46895080
Are you stupid? There where multiple violent revolutions during his life in the area he lived in. The Zealots where quite literally terrorists advocating violence, and the governor of the Provence was told by the Emperor he would be killed if he incited the Jews to violent riot again, because he did it twice for fun. And all that's historical bub.

Even in the bible the disciples carried swords.
>>
>>46895142
yes, and it wasn't close enough to post roman arabia which was mad max tier with the beduin auxiliaries being chimps with less hair.
>>
>>46895165
It we are talking degrees here ya, but it was pretty violent.

Fun Fact: Nazareth was like the Mos Eisley of that region. It was the kind of place they would kill you to steal your Air Romans.
>>
>>46890341
>mfw he misses the point of the story this much

The moral of the story of the Last Church is irony anon. The Emperor claims that he is above all men, that he is flawless and not like all previous dictators, that he and he alone will succeed where all others have failed.

Guess what? He failed. Because the God-Emperor of Mankind has a bigger problem with hubris than fucking Achilles. The Priest was right all along, and his words probably haunt the Emperor on the Throne.
>>
>>46895254
But what was with the fucking clock.
>>
File: 1453043787300.png (580 KB, 1024x652) Image search: [Google]
1453043787300.png
580 KB, 1024x652
>>46893937
I'm an atheist/agnostic and you're fucking retarded. Religious wars for the most part have fuck-all to do about religion in truth. They're simply Casus Belli for gaining more land or resources.
>>
>>46895288
>I'm an atheist/agnostic
>and you're fucking retarded

it's one or the other you fucking retard, they're mutually exclusive
>>
>>46893937
No, religion has no part in it. You might as well eliminate everything, since humanity is stubborn enough to war over anything.
>>
File: icon_neckbeard-1.gif (24 KB, 101x40) Image search: [Google]
icon_neckbeard-1.gif
24 KB, 101x40
>my face after reading the last church
>>
>>46895358
>le smart men believe in my personal interpretation of an omnipotent deity meme
>>
>>46895267
McNeil being McNeil.

Black Library authors who need to be sacked

>McNeil
>Thorpe
>Kyme
>Swallow

Authors who need to have some sense slapped into them/given a vacation
>Dan the Man
>Counter

Authors who need to be given the most important Horus Heresy novels to save the series
>ADB
>Sanders
>King

Authors who GW needs to beg desperately to get back
>Chambers
>>
>>46895422
He is right. You can't be an atheist and agnostic. They're sort of mutually exclusive.
>>
>>46895358
>what is uncertainty
>>
>>46895444
king is writing warcraft novels now
Also, scanlon wrote 15 hours right?
>>
>>46893937
I love how open to discussion and to the possibility of being FUCKING WRONG you are.
>>
>>46895444
>Authors who GW needs to beg desperately to get back
>>Chambers

He started everything we hate about modern GW. I'm not saying it's all his fault because someone else would eventually have done the same bullshit if he didn't; but seeing him go made me happy as fuck at the time.
>>
>>46895503
Shit. Listen, I don't know how bad the books are. But trust me, things are not dire enough that you need one of the Warcraft authors to come write.
>>
>>46894981
He didn't 'love' Horus persay, he thought Horus was on his level, that he was above emotion and temptation. Because the Emperor thinks that HE is infallible, he thought Horus was too
>>
>>46895142
Jesus was just a figure head, the Zealotes co-opted him without his say so. In the Bible he tells Simon Zealotes his shit is going to get Israel destroyed. Jesus didn't want a part of the nationalist movement.
>>
>>46894209
>Did you read the story? Emps is trying to remove all religion precisely because in his views, it's responsible for nothing but people killing each other, which is a retarded as fuck argument.

Copy pasta. I don't believe you.
>>
>>46895565
>Creed gets corrupted and leads 14th Black Crusade
>Marneus Calgar gets corrupted and plunges Segmentum Ultima into chaos, noble ork warboss sides with Imperium and Tau to stop him
>the Emperor gets corrupted
You know you want to see this
>>
>>46894292
>The arguments the Emperor uses are something a teenager who reads Dawkins would use, and the priest has to be the literal stupidest catholic priest in the world not to be able to argue it

COPYPASTA.
>>
>>46895637
Literally read the story.
>>
>>46894005
>Religious people are tools to be used
this makes me feel so human
>>
>>46895552
Chambers has penned the best fucking books of the Black Library and was behind some of the best Codices ever written.
>>
>>46895565
>>46895646
William king wrote the latest warcraft book, about Illidan 'dindu nuffin' stormrage.
He turned him into a mega ultra dindu.
>>
>>46894851
By the dictionary definition, they are pretty much gods.

And no, they are not parasites. They are the reflections of the human soul. His sins made manifest
>>
>>46895612
And he succeeded perfectly in not having any, alienating the moderates and extremists at the same time, wich was large part of the reason He was crucified.
All according to plan, and to show truth doesn't care about political convenience.
>>
>>46895687
Your glasses are so rose tinted everything must look like the gay parade to you.
He's basically the Ur-Ward: He started to power creep his favourite factions and twisting the fluff to convenience. Ward did the same but worse and while being unable to write shit.
>>
>>46895688
Kael'thas did nothing wrong
>>
>>46895756
>sit and camp the island.
>wait for garithos to arrive
>but muh snektits
>>
>>46895661
What?

It's not. He accuses religion of things that don't make any sense, and the priest says 'Well, ya, but they did good things too."

The emperor, under the guise of 'Revelation', which is the edgiest fucking Alias in the world given the context, literally says

>Politics has slain its thousands, yes, but religion has slain its millions.
> Without belief in gods, divisions blur with passing ages; new generations adapt to new times, mingle, intermarry and forget ancient wounds. It is only belief in gods and divine entities that keep them alien to one another, and anything that divides people breeds inhumanity.

Along with a few actual pages of him just shitting on Christianity while the priest just sort of stands there not really arguing with him.

Those two statements are stupid as shit and where spoken by The Emperor.
>>
>>46895771
Also the authors statement on it

>Uriah might have been wrong, he was the one you liked better and who came out with the apparent moral high ground. The Emperor was right, yet he came across as the arrogant, short-sighted tyrant – the very kind he rails against in the story.

No Graham. He wasn't right. He was an idiot spouting your own opinions and you passed it off as a Warhammer story.
>>
In a world where ISIS exist and other Islamist terrorists
>people disagree about a simple fact that religion cause violence

I have no face for this
>>
>>46895854
USA and Israel created ISIS as they did with Al-Quaeda, Taliban and numerous nonreligious militant groups to overthrow local powers, welcome to real world
>>
>>46895854
You seem to be confusing actual religion and fukken demon obsessed cultists.
I'm sorry it has come to this.
>>
>>46895854
That's not what's being disagreed on.

What we're disagreeing on is that religion is somehow exceptionally worse than any other set of beliefs that can cause violence, like sports, economics, skin color, gender, political views, and so on. Removing religion would do jack shit in curbing that violence. Humans will never run out of hairs to split.

Get this through your thick skull.
>>
>>46895854
Nobody said it doesn't. They're saying the emperor's reasoning is stupid and that people will fight for anything. His crackdown on religion was pointless and caused, canonically btw, more violence than all other conflict in human history combined. It's like trying to prevent water from draining out of a hole by shooting the hole with a rocket, clapping your hands together and saying you fixed it. Then blaming that previous hole for the 57 unfixed other holes.

Literally anything too. You name it, man has killed man for it.
>>
>>46895832
Graham is so lacking in self consciousness that he honestly believes there's nothing ironic in The Emperor saying that he's different from the other tyrants, that he won't fail etc and then basically founding the most oppressively theocratic police state in the universe and ending up interred like a living stone idol for the plebes to worship.
>>
>>46896020
Hey, it would be rather funny.

Also, was the emperor a big endian or a little endian?
>>
>>46896086
Little endian all the way: history to him is progressive and ends with Him, so YOU shall read strings from the lesser to the gratest, as is the Proper Order.
Also forget about opening eggs from the big end: you'll cut yourself and that'll result in an unacceptable loss of productivity. Progress marches on and won't tollerate the smallest loss of time and workforce.
>>
>>46894634
[RUSSIAN EVIDENCE CHICKEN HERE]

WHERE ARE

THE PROOFS
>>
>>46895854
>implying ISIS wasn't formed due to geopolitical shenanigans, economic instability, and general opportunism slathered in a thick coating of Islamic paint
>>
>>46894010
>you don't see Emps campaigning against economic systems or aesthetics or anything

Oddly enough, Sebastian Thor DID have outcries against that.

He wished to take from the decadent and give to the hungry.

But then, Sebastian Thor makes a better god than the Emperor did and he was just a man (Up until the next stupid DW retcon and he becomes a perpetual or something)
>>
>>46896387
ISIS is an offshoot of AL Quaeda formed by some guy saying no, I am the Caliphate. AL Quaeda is of course, Americas monster. We're INDIRECTLY responsible by way of creating AL quaeda and the environment that ISIS needed to be born
>>
>>46896324
>emperor
>not big endian
>>
>>46894851

Then what else would they need to BE gods?
>>
>>46890121
*akshually
>>
>>46896413
>We're INDIRECTLY responsible
Nope
>>
>>46895771
>Along with a few actual pages of him just shitting on Christianity while the priest just sort of stands there not really arguing with him.

I imagine the priests general expression to be 'What the fuck is this asshole ranting about?'
>>
>Great Crusade
>only a fistful of imperial fists wear crosses as their banner.
Why not the Great Eaglerade or the Great Thunderade?
>>
>>46896446
We funded and trained the group that funded and trained ISIS. There's a degree of separation there. Thus indirect.
>>
>>46896474
Thing is, the cross or rood works for Fists due to their martyr complex, since it was a symbol of suffering and endurance BEFORE christ, the context of it just expanded post Christianity.
>>
>>46894133
>eliminating all religion except for one religion
You say that, but Catholics still violently disagree with each other about Catholic ethics, Catholic dogma, etc., and any brand of protestant is worse even on their best days due to not having a single head honcho to look to.
>>
>>46895754
That's a small price to pay for shit like the Dark Eldar books.
>>
>>46893937
honestly people will get pissed at anything if they think their dick is small enough
>>
>>46894292
>I honestly have no idea what he was trying to convey when he wrote that story.
As much as i hate using tvtropes to convey a point:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AuthorTract
McNeill is a bona fide fedora, and he crammed this into his works("A thousand Sons" has parts of this as well).
Which is atrociously ham-fisted and makes the immortal shamanic/religious/cultural leader a moron that sucks at foresight and understanding human nature, instead of letting the whole thing vague, nice and consistent.
>>46893937
[you]
>>
>>46894191
Chaos will always win by writer fiat, End Times showed they are GWs pet faction in terms of lore
>>
>>46895358
On a scale of 1-10 from knowing there is a God to knowing there is not a God, I'm a 9. It's impossible to prove that something doesn't exist, so you can't be a perfect 10. I live my life as though there is not a God, but I will never be able to say for sure that there isn't one. Agnostic atheist.
>>
File: Jack-Chick-anti-masonic-cartoon.jpg (120 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
Jack-Chick-anti-masonic-cartoon.jpg
120 KB, 468x240
>>46896525

I wonder who is behind this post...
>>
>>46895699
you imply humanity as a whole deserves being fucked by chaos even though only a fraction of it acts in such a corrupt manner
>>
>>46896446
why do people go on acting like America is this plague on the earth?

and why are most of those people themselves american?
>>
>>46894685
he seemed convinced that this time there would be no bouncing back, or maybe he was just tired of watching and working behind the scenes maybe he got a god complex that pretended not to be one

I can appreciate a greek irony in that a man mad to be humanities savior, while doing his exact job ends up being thew worst thing to happen to it
>>
>>46896776
You give yourselves too much credit.

The rest of the world is sick of America sticking it's dick in every pie and then wondering why things taste of smegma.
>>
I'm enjoying the delicious irony that organised religion hurts chaos.
>>
>>46896858
then what do we do? just let the world fucking eat itself alive?
>>
>>46896858
Then maybe the rest of the world should spend more on their military.
>>
>>46896867
so long as you keep censoring games from other nations pointlessly, you will be a bane on this planet
>>
>>46896776
>why do people go on acting like America is this plague on the earth?
America does what it needs to stay rich and powerful and a lot of people suffer in the process. You seem to be under impression that big empire can stay white and fluffy. America isn't the first at that. Roman Empire, Byzantium, Habsburgs, China. They all did a lot of shady things and atrocities.
>>
>>46896868
Are you weapon manufacturer?
>>
>>46896888
>America
>Empire
learn politics
>>
>>46896898
Back at you, anon
>>
If you want to whine about America, do it on a non-American site, you worthless mud-dwellers.
>>
>>46896896
What does that mean? Are there individuals in our nation that manufacture weapons? Yes. Most nations have those particular individuals.
>>
>>46896915
It means you sound like a guy who wants to sell his guns and actively promotes violence and bloated military budget to make profits.
>>
>>46896910
It's Japanese site about Japanese moving pictures
>>
>>46896832
What you also have to understand is that the Emperor was not as clever as he believed that he was.

For one thing he believed that Chaos was om nom noming off of religion. It was not. The gods liked religion so long as they were it's centre because they are ego monsters on par with the Emperor. Chaos feeds on emotion and the Emperor's Crusade was stirring up all sorts of things for them to eat. The thing about fanatical atheism is that it is still fanatical.

Also why even call it a crusade and employ religious looking iconography? What the fuck was all that about?

Also his handling of the Thunder Warriors retirement and not suspecting that it might be upsetting to their replacements.

Also his handling of Perty, Magnus, Russ, Logar, Angron, Curze and Mortarion. Like holy shit it almost looks like he was deliberately trying to make them rebel. There is making mistakes and there is deliberately and actively going out of your way to be a turd.

Also making deals with Chaos Gods and then intentionally antagonizing them.

The only explanation that makes sense and ties most of his actions together is that he was removing all religion, setting up the groundwork for a new religion with himself deified, turning brother against brother to eliminate the barest thread of competition and then designing a big golden psychic amplifier that devours psychics to give himself buffs. He was playing the long game all along but it was a game the other 4 big players were just better at.

And his failure took the rest of humanity with him.
>>
File: Even Jesus is done with this.jpg (60 KB, 606x602) Image search: [Google]
Even Jesus is done with this.jpg
60 KB, 606x602
whelp, have fun with Big E
>>
>>46896705
>Satan needs legal ground to enter your home

Roflmao chick is so great

NIGGA THATS VAMPIRES

Mental note, Masonic lodges are a vampire plot to gain entry into people's homes, great idea
>>
>>46896867
If you would stop stirring shit up, funding Islamic extremists, destabilizing developing nations, promoting Chinese domination, supporting Israel and such other fun activities the would wouldn't be trying to eat itself.
>>
>>46896936
so the dots as they stand say he had no interest in saving humanity its just what he claimed {and possibly told himself} to justify his attempt ad godhood?
>>
I like the interpretation that the Emperor was an idiot who cruised through thousands of years of human history without learning anything, because his superpowers meant he was living life on easy mode. He thought he was some hot shit psychologist just because he could telepathically manipulate everyone to do what he told them.

Then he tried to apply his ideas about human nature to a galactic empire and everything went to hell.
>>
>>46896924
>Bloated
A military is necessary for a state to survive, otherwise it stands at the mercy of a more powerful nation. And as far as I'm concerned if a nation willingly withholds military expenses they don't have the right to complain.
>>
>>46896961
>promoting Chinese domination
but we fucking hate China
>>
>>46896964
Yes.
>>
>>46896961
Why? It's our power, we can use it as we see fit. If you don't like it start conscripting.
>>
>>46896976
>Bloated
It means spending more than you need, spending excessive money to fill pockets of businessmen. No shit you need adequate military. The question is how much you need to pay for that and who wins if you spend a lot.
>>
>>46896961
>he doesn't know the world is actually statistically the most peaceful it has ever been
Smh desu senpai

We measure deaths in dozens or hundreds now instead of thousands or tens of thousands

Wars are smaller, more localized conflicts
>>
>>46896933

RACE-TRAITOR MOOT
>>
>>46896988
if you act like a chimp don't be surprised the world hates you.
>>
>>46896985
US is the biggest trade partner of China
>>
>>46896988
>It's our power, we can use it as we see fit.
If you act like an asshole, don't wonder why people treat you like an asshole.
>>
>>46894851
How about those Eldar gods, then?
>>
>>46897000
Who wins? You do because you have the might to make right.
>>46897010
Why should I care what the world thinks?
>>
>>46896976
There is literally no one on earth we need to be building the army were building to fight with. We're building and maintaining an army for massed field formations instead of policing, counter insurgency and urban operations. We don't need new tanks. We don't need new air superiority fighters, especially when the new air superiority fighters have huge design flaws that make them slower and less safe than existing models. Much of our mil development is pure pork barrel, it exists to fund MID businesses that employ thousands in a senators state. The US military budget should not be under senatorial purview, it should be APPROVED by the Senate but not drawn and designated.
>>
>>46897026
I wonder why they don't treat their largest defense asset with respect.
>>
>>46896961

This is how stupid you look when you incessantly whine about America, to all you other idiots.
>>
>>46897046
Because big bully that threatened them is dead. Now big guy actively raises new bullies so little kids will flee under his protection again and never leave him.
>>
>>46897040
I agree, it has become inefficient, but I ask you this, if we stop our developments and formation building, who will start?
Also policing and counter insurgency don't need much thought, while it has purpose to an extent you need to know when to target without discretion.
>>
>>46897038
But you americans moralize like the faggots you are
>oh, you are oppressing those poor mooselimbs in your country.
>neighboring country commits genocide.
>they good bois, they dindu nuffin.
>>
>>46897076
It's not moralizing, it's outright hypocrisy which is much worse
>>
>>46897057
>>46897046
To be fair, America gets its bad rap because of our international policies in the 60s-80s. Now, most of those conflicts we got dragged into by European allies (Korea, Vietnam) but other shit like Al Quaeda you can draw back to America (and the west, let's bit pretend NATO wasn't complicit) trying to be slick dicks against Russia.
>>
>>46897073
While the one big bully died, that just leaves several moderate bullies, and while we did create several smaller bullies I attribute that to incompetence in certain areas.
And of note no one has taken decisive action against the small bullies.
>>
>>46897076
And? We pick and choose our friends like any other. And moral superiority is an old tactic of ours, to this day people think we fought a war for slaves.
>>
>>46897074
>who will start?

No one. Russia and China have enormous militaries but their navies, even if combined, are a joke. Any conflict with them involves them getting styled on hardcore by naval power, which is exactly what we did in Vietnam and Korea BTW except we couldn't win the land war because 1. IT WAS SHIT WE GOT DRAGGED INTO BY EUROPE and 2. WE WERE FIELDING THE WRONG KIND OF ARMY, THE SAME WRONG KIND WE FIELD NOW

It's like, we need a sword, but we're using a giant fucking hammer instead.
>>
>>46897086
>that just leaves several moderate bullies
Like who? US is buddy buddy with the next biggest bully and high standards of life in America are directly attributed to him and cheap goods he produces.
>>
>>46897092
>and
>we moralize and try taking the moral high ground while acting like a colonial nation
>people don't like us
>"Wooow ingrates."
>>
File: 1457404134680.gif (2 MB, 425x256) Image search: [Google]
1457404134680.gif
2 MB, 425x256
>>46893937
Damn right.

Religion is the cancerous cyst that is killing humanity, and needs to be exercised with great prejudice.

It promotes belief without evidence, and impedes the development of knowledge and truth.

It promotes archaic morality, out of fear of hell or greed for heaven, and even outright states to kill in the name of your god and in protection of His principles.

It promotes archaic social values, creating room for racism, sexism, oppression, and the resulting misguided hatred.

It absolutely fails to explain anything about the universe that science cannot, and is therefore a completely unneccessary.

It serves no purpose which cannot be fulfilled better by any other organization or infrastructure, and is utterly economically and socially ineffecient in providing any service to the people, if any.

Fucking burn down all religion already.
>>
>>46897107
England?

I kid, but while China may oppress the fuck out of its own people it's bringing much needed money and development to to the third world. They're hardly evil. Just corrupt and incompetent like any commie regime
>>
>>46897003
That's because weapons of M.A.D. exist now, but that's just led to people resorting to terrorism and espionage instead of wars to get their way.
>>
>>46897092
>And?
Why do even ask questions at this point? You keep switching between complaints and hubris.
>>
>>46897114
>America does something
>WOW FUCK OFF AMERICA WHO FUCKING ASKED YOU
>Something happens and America does nothing
>WOW WHERE THE FUCK IS AMERICA WITH ALL ITS WEALTH AND POWER AND TECHNOLOGY WHY ARE THESE ISOLATIONIST UNCARING FAGGOTS NOT HELPING THEIR FELLOW MAN

This is what you sound like to us

Everyone in the world wants America to leave, until we actually leave.
>>
>>46897139
Exactly, MAD means there will never be another war like WW2. like the old Einstein saying goes, "I don't know what weapons will be used in world war 3, but world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones"
>>
>>46897127
>commie regime
Anon, they are not commies. It's propaganda they feed to their citizens which Americans are so happy to eat. Bad commie regime oppressing its people sounds better than Chinese capitalist regime oppressing its people and US, moral beacon of the modern world, profiting from it. You are lying to yourself.
>>
>>46897145
>Something happens and America does nothing
>WOW WHERE THE FUCK IS AMERICA WITH ALL ITS WEALTH AND POWER AND TECHNOLOGY WHY ARE THESE ISOLATIONIST UNCARING FAGGOTS NOT HELPING THEIR FELLOW MAN

That doesn't happen though.
>>
>>46897103
While Russia and China are not projected to threaten us in the long term they aren't interested in our land now are they? And of course increase of territory would increase the threat they pose. Also we fielded the right army in Vietnam, but congress wasn't letting us use it properly (among a myriad of other issues).
>>46897107
Theoretically. I see several threats to power, even if they're playing nice.
>>46897114
Elaborate.
>>46897140
Perhaps, but not undeserved.
>>
>>46897145
>>Something happens and America does nothing
>>WOW WHERE THE FUCK IS AMERICA WITH ALL ITS WEALTH AND POWER AND TECHNOLOGY WHY ARE THESE ISOLATIONIST UNCARING FAGGOTS NOT HELPING THEIR FELLOW MAN
>said no one ever except burgerland media
>>
>>46897145
>WOW WHERE THE FUCK IS AMERICA WITH ALL ITS WEALTH AND POWER AND TECHNOLOGY WHY ARE THESE ISOLATIONIST UNCARING FAGGOTS
Only happens if said faggots have oil
>>
>>46897171
>Elaborate.

Greentext story because its a meme thread
>india becomes independent, and so does pakistan
>pakistan becomes america's nice cumslut courtesy of uncle UK being the pimp
>India gets rapped countless times for religious strife, to the extent that the dumb nigger of a president makes a speech about intolerance in India's parliament

>pakistan carries out a state sponsored genocide in east pakistan
>india invades because the refugees were too much.
>america goes to the extent of prepping a naval invasion of india
>>
>>46897123
you're talking to a wall because now the debate is now about if America is worth two shits or not
>>
>>46897165
>>46897174
What is the Darfur genocide, faggot. What is Rwanda. We want the UN to intercede and stop playing games! By which we mean America, France, England, and Germany.
>>
>>46897225
I will at least give america 1.5 shits, just for trying.
>>
>>46897236
Yes, and the entire thing in Afghanistan which turned a prosperous state that was socially modernizing into the boy raping paradise that it is today.

The soviets should have won afghanistan.
>>
>>46897236
Do they? I thought they wanted Rwanda to remain permanently destabilised and fighting against itself so the West can continuously drain oil from them, you know, like all of america's modern conflicts.
>>
>>46895646
You know the 13 Black Crusades are specifically Abaddons right?
Other champions rise and have thier own big incursions. Creed falling and leading a Black Crusade would just be Creeds specific Black Crusade, not the 14th, even numerically.
>>
>>46896748
Chaos is the product of thought processes of every human that ever lived and will ever live (plus other sentient life). There is no innocence here. All humanity is to blame.
>>
>>46897410
Even brain-dead folks?
>>
>>46897410
That's fucking retarded
>>
>>46897374
I don't care really. Black Crusade of traitors, mutants and madmen sounds awesome and details of Chaos fluff attached to it doesn't bother me at all.
>>
>>46897410
Oh look, it's avatar of Carnac.
>>
>>46897464
Did you feel anger? Did you feel lust? Did you feel despair and hope? Did you not commit sin within your heart and without?

Yes, you did. You and every sentient creature in the galaxy (especially humans). You created Chaos over the ages. It stewed and boiled within the Warp, grew strong from your sinful desires and unrestrained emotions. Now Chaos has come to punish you, and you have yourself and your entire species to blame.

Chaos is just the reflection of the corruption of mankind. The true corruption, the rot, is within humanity itself. Chaos is simply the symptom of the cancer known as the human condition.

There is one solution for all of this. Humanity must die

>>46897442
Nah, they are alright.

If only we can reduce all of humanity to that state.
>>
>>46896525
The thing you just won't understand is that when There's conflict amongst catholics it's a conflict between good and bad catholics because everything you're asked to believe and why is all formalized in the Cathechism of the Catholic Church, so if you believe you can use contraception and it's not a big deal, you're flatly wrong and you should go confess.
This applies even if you're the Pope, since the Cathechism is based on the Tradition is based on the Depositum Petrii that is the Church's Constitution; and the Pope can't just up and change it like Obama can't just up and change the US consitution.
What the Pope CAN do with his "infallibility" is that if there's a conflict in interpretation of Scripture or in it's application and a Synod can't reach a solution on it, the Pope's position in the debate is automatically the correct one.
This papal power was used about twice in 2000 years.
>>
>>46897821
>>Depositum Fideii
>>
>>46895254
this.
>>
>>46895358

Not at all. Virtually all atheists are agnostic-atheists, like Richard Dawkins.
>>
>>46895454
Not at all. An atheist is someone without belief in God or someone who believes in no God, an agnostic is someone who isn't sure about God.

The vast majority of atheists don't even know they're atheists, their attitude is strictly LOL IDK.

It may shock you but there are even shit tons of agnostic theists, ie "I think God might be real, not sure, doubt there's a Heaven tho, btw I'm a Catholic," etc.
>>
>>46897942
>>46897981
It's fairly common to believe that there might exist some sort of force of nature, power of creation, but this has nothing to do with any religion, and is never discussed seriously as having any evidence anyway.
>>
>>46897566
Spoken like a dirty conehead who is projecting his anger at his own species for accidentally an entire chaos god when humanity is far less to blame than they.

Hell, without mankind, the galaxy would be just as Khorney, since Khorne is ork powered.
>>
>>46897566
That edge got me bleeding. Emotions and agression aren't sins. Wtf are you doing talking about sins in warhammer anyways?
>>
>>46898053
Although I think he's trollplaying as a member of the pig disgusting alium fuckers who killedMLK, he is absolutely correct that the Kayoss Gods really are an amalgam of the vast majority of humans and a shit ton of xenos too (Khorne for orks, Slaanesh for eldar, others to varying and limited degrees) who have ever died.
>>
>>46898077
The thing is xenos always outnumbered humanity and shaped the Warp before first human civilization were born.
>>
>>46898124
Yeah, I don't really get it. I think the Cabal was trying to trick Alpha Legion into killing mankind to benefit aliumz, not because the Cabal seriously thinks it will be the deathblow to Chaos.
>>
>>46898186
Hasn't it been implied that humanity was/became the top species in galaxy after eldar went boom?
>>
>>46897998
It's fairly common, but it's still not atheism.
>>
>>46899776
There are and always will be more orks.
>>
>>46889954
Yeah, GW shitting on Fantasy using an expy was lame.
>>
>>46897103
>IT WAS SHIT WE GOT DRAGGED INTO BY EUROPE

Genuine question, how did Europe draw the US into Korea and Vietnam? From what I've read Korea was the whole UN rolling out once they were sure it wouldn't start shit with the USSR, and Vietnam appeared to be Kennedy trying to make the US appear more legitimate as an anti-communist power in the face of communist gains in east Asia.
>>
>>46900482
I'm not him and I'm really not interested in arguing on /tg/ about this.

We got involved as advisers during the French-Indochina war and it spiraled out of control.
>>
>>46900482
I think it went like this: France pulls the fuck out and US of A* is conerned that communist powers would fill the vacuum and infect other countries in the region.
Fear of communusm was appropriate. It was a seductive and seditious ideology that appealed to malcontents with powerty being caused by oppression and all would be made right through revolution.

It's basically IRL chaos.

*Everyone other than americans find it ridiculous when americans says this
>>
File: 658143.jpg (112 KB, 450x442) Image search: [Google]
658143.jpg
112 KB, 450x442
>this thread
>>
>>46896418
Swooosh
>>
File: largely.jpg (82 KB, 510x304) Image search: [Google]
largely.jpg
82 KB, 510x304
>>46898124
>>46898186
To be fair, the idea of humans having a super speshul relationship with the warp and Chaos isn't a new one.

>>46899776
During the Great Crusade, certainly.

>‘Alpharius should have listened to me,’ Grammaticus said. ‘He should have come down here with me, instead of landing a full military expedition. I’m the passport, you see, Peto, the matchmaker. I make contact, bring them together, and make sure both parties are comfortable. Then they talk. That’s how it was supposed to go.’

>‘But Alpharius is far too wary?’ mused Soneka.

>‘Exactly. He doesn’t like unknowns. If he doesn’t know something, it means he can’t trust it. He likes to be in control all the time.’

>They ascended a slope through scrolls of drifting vapour.

>‘On the other hand, the Cabal is very circumspect when it comes to humans,’ added Grammaticus. ‘I’m afraid to say they have a fairly poor opinion of mankind.’

>‘Why?’

>‘Humanity is a young race, a barbaric upstart child in the eyes of the Old Kinds, but, by the stars, it’s vigorous and massively successful. It is spreading out and annexing the galaxy faster than any race has ever done before. It thrives like weeds, and finds purchase in even the harshest climes. The Cabal has been forced to recognise that mankind is a serious player on the galactic stage, and can no longer be ignored or sidelined, and, of course, they’ve seen what’s coming.’

>‘This war you talked about?’

>Grammaticus nodded. ‘A civil war. It will tear the Imperium apart. The Cabal doesn’t especially care about that. What matters is that a civil war in the Imperium will unleash Chaos. The Primordial Annihilator, the power they have fought to deny since the start of all ages, will use humanity’s terrible conflict to gain final ascendancy.’

>‘They want the war prevented, then?’ said Soneka.

>‘It’s too late for that. They want the war won the right way.’
>>
File: anton.jpg (5 KB, 262x192) Image search: [Google]
anton.jpg
5 KB, 262x192
>The Emperor is objectively right
>The writer still makes him come off like a petulant freshman who just discovered Nietzsche
>>
File: 83e.jpg (168 KB, 523x720) Image search: [Google]
83e.jpg
168 KB, 523x720
>>46893937
>Full stop
>Period
>End of rine

Also, not only will violence ever be removed, christianity actually made Europe a much less violent place.

>B-buh muh crusades

A call for help from Alexios Komnenos because muslims were besieging Constantinople for the 12th time.
>>
>>46898124
The fluff outright states that humanity is the main food source of Chaos. Humanity has fed Chaos so much that daemons speak Low Gothic even when they aren't fighting humans.
>>
>>46904112
>Also, not only will violence ever be removed, christianity actually made Europe a much less violent place.

I'm not even going to argue that point, because it was incredibly unifying and it probably actually DID help.

However, we can move past it now, as many modern countries have, because we have other larger groups to identify with. e.g. humanity. We no longer need the unifier of religion and it's likely a more divisive effect at this point. See: Conflicts between "the West" and Islamic extremism.
>>
>>46904182
For one, many modern countries haven't. We're not pretty secular, but the religious voting bloc is still strong in all but the most secular and atheistic of countries. Trying to get people to move past something they fundamentally believe in will only result in violence. It's not like Catholics living in America or Europe are going out and killing a bunch of people because of it, but they would if you tried to get rid of their religion.

And the root of those wars isn't religion. It's the runoff of what happens when, for the sake of opposing ideological standpoints, countries stoke the fires of hate for their own gain. The conflict between The West and Islam is what happens when my country made a bed without thinking they had to sleep in it. This is almost entirely our fault.
>>
>>46904309
>We're not

Meant to be, 'we are'.
>>
>>46904112
...up until the Reformation, at which time most of central Europe started butchering each other and didn't stop for more than twenty years at a time until 1945.

but hey. details
>>
>>46904182
having a single religious authority both sides are obligated to play nice with because he can push the 'you get a peasant revolt now' button did great things for peace. Much as it did in the Muslim world, interestingly enough; the Caliphs ruled much as the Popes did, more through 'you play nice and i don't have to find a replacement for you' than anything else.

Works pretty great, right up until any competition for the role of Ostensibly Dispassionate Arbiter shows up.
>>
>>46904112
>A call for help from Alexios Komnenos because muslims were besieging Constantinople for the 12th time.
He asked for trained soldiers to take back asia minor from the turks. Not an army of murderhobos to crash their alliance with the levant muslim states.
>>
Anyone else really tired of how GW seems to be on a mission to make the Emperor appear totally wrong and retarded on all things?
>>
>>46906242
Yes I am, the problem is that a character can only be as smart as the people writing them, and chaos is GWs pet faction
>>
>>46906391
No idea why, Chaos is boring precisely because everyone knows GW loves them.

Perhaps I'm a tiny minority on this but I'd prefer 40k much more if it was more Imperium vs Xenos and less Order vs Chaos.
>>
>>46905713
Heretics gotta heretic. Is your point really that the Church wasn't efficient enought in smashing violent rebellion against it's authority?
Because i agree.
>>
>>46904112
There were multiple Crusades, and only some of them are justifiable.
>>
>>46906533
Well without chaos the imperium and by extension all humanity become the primary villain of the setting, can't have that
>>
>>46890121
Thankyou!
>>
>>46906533
My biggest problem with Chaos is that it's only Space Marines and daemons. There's no xeno races that serve Chaos, even the human rabble that make up the vast majority of Chaos Cults get little to no presence in the tabletop. It's just Space Marines and daemons.

GW should make up another xenos race to keep the setting interesting.
>>
>>46907941
>There's no xeno races that serve Chaos

The Orks do, more or less
>>
>>46907941

There are actually *loads* of Xenos races who worship Chaos in the fluff, they just never show up on tabletop.
>>
>>46907995
Orks serve Gork and Mork, and they crump any Orks that serve Chaos because they're not Orky enough.

>>46908059
Yeah, that's my point. GW ignores them past a token mention in the fluff, just like the human Lost and Damned. You'll never see any Chaos-worshipping xenos in the codexes.
>>
>>46893937
careful with all that euphoria
>>
>>46906870
the church violently smashing anyone who disagreed with it was the reason it all went to shit so hard so fast, anon
Turns out when you make everyone with less power than you hate you you're left in the position where Pope Francis is legit the best shot the church has to hanging onto any power in the modern era

When monopolar power collapses, it collapses hard and bloody.
>>
File: 061.jpg (682 KB, 1181x1653) Image search: [Google]
061.jpg
682 KB, 1181x1653
>>46908199
I think he meant Orks are a race that feeds Chaos, Khorne in particular, even if they don't deliberately serve it. Although obviously that's not what you wanted, since even Imperial humans and people who have never heard of Chaos still feed it with their emotions - which is, after all, how Chaos came to be in the first place.

BL has given slightly more attention to the concept of Chaos aliens, e.g. the Saruthi or the Laer (who weren't actually Slaaneshi in their Index Astartes fluff, but McNeill evidently decided to make Laeran the starting point of Fulgrim's corruption rather than just another xenos world the Emperor's Children stomped before Grimmy's loyalty was later completely flipped around by a single conversation with Horus). Though yeah, they only show up as one-time curiosities, then get killed off or just disappear.

I remember when the Sslyth were first revealed, some people remarked on their similarity to the Laer (plus snake-bodies in general being an occasional Slaaneshi thing), but given their widespread acceptance in Commorragh it seems unlikely that they're actually Chaos.
>>
The person who wrote that story probably wanted to try his hand at creating an insightful and revealing story about how the Emperor dealt with the task of cleansing his empire of religion and addressing some of the moral implications he and religious people had to deal with.

But the story could have been made a lot more sensible and a lot less entertaining if he just went up to the priest and went "I honestly don't care about religion but I figured if I eliminated it now then I wouldn't have to put up with people sperging out about the religon vs atheism debate while I reconquer the galaxy"
>>
>>46911515
Huh, just checked the latest Dark Eldar codex, turns out I missed the bit that expanded on the Sslyth:
>Of all the species to haunt Commorragh’s satellite realms, most Archons have found the Sslyth to be the most reliable – and survivable – bodyguard species available for hire. These four-armed, serpentine monstrosities hail from a world long lost to the caress of She Who Thirsts, yet their short-sighted and self-indulgent nature makes them safe enough for the Dark Eldar to exploit. All but inured to physical pain, and happy to be paid in slaves and sensory gratification, these warriors make excellent, if dull-witted bodyguards.
Welp.
>>
>>46893937
>implying he was wrong

If you are going to eliminate all violence, eliminating ethnicity has to be a part of that.

Full stop.

Period.

End of discussion.

Maybe it was stupid to eliminate ethnicity first and not other, more immediate and more often violent things, but you're still going to have to get rid of different ethnicities.
>>
>>46913297

What's your point? Because that's entirely correct, making your sarcasm look retarded. The Emperor has even gone on complete genocides before, and was probably Hitler during M3.
>>
>>46913328

M2.
>>
File: IMG_0730.jpg (170 KB, 1016x970) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0730.jpg
170 KB, 1016x970
>>46893937
>>
File: m3350255a_ApocSceneryBanner_ENG.jpg (248 KB, 1050x675) Image search: [Google]
m3350255a_ApocSceneryBanner_ENG.jpg
248 KB, 1050x675
>>46913349
Not that Hitler.
>>
>>46913328
>that's entirely correct

Hahahaha, funny bloke.

brb, have to shoot a Welshman with a longbow.
>>
>>46913553

Are you implying racially-oriented violence doesn't exist?

And how does "removing ethnicity in order to remove a source of potential violence" translate to "lol let me conduct an ethnically-motivated hate crime" to you? Is it because you're just a fucking retarded foreigner?

Daily reminder that moot was right about EU and AU posters.
>>
>>46895444

You forgot Wraight.
>>
>>46913622

It's hilarious how you're too thick to realize just how hard I skewered you, yet are desperately trying to come across as being the inteligent one.

Your shitty argument is "ethnic violence sometimes happens, therefore ethnic groups can never live together peacefully and ethnic distinction must be removed". That's like saying that wearing glasses must be banned because there will always be kids who pick on the four-eyed squares. VIOLENCE! MUST END IT! REMOVE GLASSES!

I'd slur you over being a Yank, but some Yanks are actually smart and decent people.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.