[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swg/- Catgirls in Space Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: catharshadow.jpg (306 KB, 806x1134) Image search: [Google]
catharshadow.jpg
306 KB, 806x1134
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

What's your favorite race for Jedi /swg/?
>>
File: wc3 mark hamill.jpg (19 KB, 600x293) Image search: [Google]
wc3 mark hamill.jpg
19 KB, 600x293
Remove cats. Destruction of Kilrah best day of my life.
>>
>>46888872
Humans, obviously
>>
File: Master DAS.jpg (187 KB, 1000x1435) Image search: [Google]
Master DAS.jpg
187 KB, 1000x1435
>>46888872
doid
>>
>>46889104
No, Luke! Don't give in to hate!
>>
>>46888872
Iktotch.
Gorin' scrubs
>>
File: Fallen Luke.jpg (254 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallen Luke.jpg
254 KB, 1920x1080
>>46889175
MY FATHER NEVER TOOK ME TO A GRAVBALL GAME!
>>
>>46888872
Ithorians
Force-powered Sonic Screams recanonized fucking when.
>>
>>46888872
REMOVE MEOW
REMOVE MEOW
catASTROPHY BEST DAY OF MY LIFE
>>
>>46889141
I'm currently playing a shard inhabiting a Droid body, it's always funny to make the troopers think you're a novelty protocol droid while mind-tricking them
>>
File: RAk67vn.gif (2 MB, 300x275) Image search: [Google]
RAk67vn.gif
2 MB, 300x275
Hey guys my group just got the Dangerous Covenants expac for edge of the empire.

I plan on playing a hired gun heavy support class. Anyone have any experience playing that class?

What weapon would you recommend I start with?
>>
>>46889232
The TFU DLC was too Edgy for me. Seriously, they had Starkiller kill Obi-Wan by tossing him into the Falcon's engines.
>>
>>46889553
it was dumb and edgy but that's what made it fun for me.
>>
>>46889515
depends on how much youre willing to spend, and when you are putting points into barrage and burly

assuming you want to stick with at least a long range weapon to benefit from barrage, your budget option is the sporting blaster rifle from sun of fortune. 8 damage, long range, and being able to choose between stun and lethal damage is a good deal at 600 credits.

the cheapest extreme range weapon is the weequay blaster lance from lords of nal hutta. the encumbrance and lack of stun setting hurt, but the range and accurate quality are strong positives.

the model 77 air rifle from enter the unknown has long range, and outdamages either of the other two on average with its high pierce quality, but only deals stun damage

the mon cal spear blaster is worth considering because it is both a serviceable rifle and a decent melee weapon, with a lot of hardpoints for future upgrades
>>
File: Remove Rebel Scum.jpg (75 KB, 351x416) Image search: [Google]
Remove Rebel Scum.jpg
75 KB, 351x416
>>46889104
>>
>Star Wars galaxy is mostly Humans, then Duros, and then various other races
>every RPG group is made up of a bunch of special snowflake rare exotic races

I know that its nofunallowed but I kind of want to make players roll for the opportunity to be nonhuman to try and preserve the ratio a little.
>>
>>46889997
>mostly Humans
To be fair, part of that is because costumes are expensive and uncomfortable.
>>
>>46889997
>Star Wars galaxy is mostly Humans, then Duros, and then various other races
This is just blatantly not true. Play Uprising if you want to get a feel for how diverse the galaxy actually is, or read any of the books that don't suck.
>>
>>46889868
How about the class itself? Am I mostly sitting back sniping or shooting mass shots from a heavy machine gun?
>>
>>46889997
That's only true for the core, location-wise, and is only close to true in general cause the core's population is so high.
In the mid and outer rims, it's a completely different story, and guess where most PCs are from?
>>
>>46890141
if your gun is capable of auto fire, and you have the dice to hit and activate it reliably, you'll want to go full auto. it isn't quite as brutal as it sounds because barrage only applies to one hit per attack, but with the base damage of rifles auto-fire still adds a lot

odds are you are not going to keep enemies far away from you forever, which is fine. you do plenty of damage even without the benefit of barrage, the extra encumbrance allowance from burly lets you carry a lot of gear in addition to your rifle, you have access to a number of defensive talents, and you still have melee and brawl as career skills
>>
Drunk with my fiancee again /swg/, last time she was my gf. Love you guys.
>>
>>46891061
Is your fiancee an X-Wing? Because otherwise that's pretty off topic.
>>
>>46891099
She might be his Y-fu.
>>
>>46890028
>>46890084
>>46890181
Hard to argue with these points. I guess I occasionally just yearn for a little OT simplicity. Also I'm in a shit mood so maybe I'm just being bitchy.

Consider my previous post tastefully withdrawn.
>>
>>46891099
This is /swg/ there is no off topic.
>>
>>46891061
Fuckin love you too bud
>>
>>46891061
And we love you, random citizen from the internet!
>>
>>46891198
>I guess I occasionally just yearn for a little OT simplicity

The Cantina scene says "hi"
>>
>>46891061
i remember you drunk anon. Did you ever end up playing that star wars RPG with her?
>>
>>46891422
I'd like to respectfully disagree with this comment, since the cantina scene is not the same as the racial makeup of the protagonists of the story. Yeah, they saw a bunch of aliums but the 'party' was still a bunch of humans, one alien, and some droids and not a rainbow of aliens. Anyway, I've already backed down from my previous comment so there isn't much else to say.
>>
>>46891502
Well two of the party are related for starters. Plus in Edge you aren't playing as the Chosen One, you're a bunch of nobodies trying to do the job, get paid and keep flying. Generally the PT does a better job of showing diversity in the Jedi Order/good guys, I was said that the Resistance went back to "white people plus a few token aliens" and the Empire are still too racist to have nonhuman stormies
>>
>>46891630
Admittedly, most of my star wars RPG experience predates the FFG system and featured a lot of rebel operative kinds of games, so a bunch of humans and maybe an alien or two made sense (to me). In the end though, there are a ton of aliens in Star Wars so you can't really be surprised that people want to play them. It doesn't hurt anything, I just would like to see an occasional 'three humans a wookiee' kind of set up from time to time.
>>
>>46891099
We have a topic?
>>
>>46891745
Space Conflicts, if I recall correctly.
>>
>>46891701
That's fair. I usually fall more on the special snowflake end of the spectrum so I've never really wanted to play a human character, especially in a setting with so many sentient races. If it makes you feel better it seems likely that the movies aren't going to buck that humans+1 alien formula anytime soon
>>
>>46891807
If I'm being honest with myself, I think I tend more towards humans because I want to feel unique. In a game where everyone is over the top super special and different, being a guy who digs through space trash appeals to me. I guess I'm seeking uniqueness by being mundane. Though if I ever broke the habit, I think it'd be fun to play a Gran or a Rodian.
>>
I like Kota's weaboo katana hilt lightsaber from the comic adaptation of TFU
>>
>>46891475
Yeah. I went with a successful Skywalker/Ahsoka thing. It was amazing.
>>
>>46891989
forgot pic because dumb
>>
>>46891989
Is it really weeaboo for a lightsaber to have a katana hilt?
I mean the whole reason lightsabers exist is because Lucas is a kurosawa fanboy.
The saber choreography in the OT is pretty much straight kendo.
>>
>>46888872
Sup /swg/ I recently got into x-wing, and am wondering what I should get next.

What I own so far is a Decimator, a Phantom, and 2 TIE/FO's. But I can't seem to deal with my friend's jousting lists, usually with Ten Numb. It might just be that I'm deploying poorly, but the Phantom (Whisper, Vet instincts, FCS, ACD) has never lived past turn 3. it just keeps taking mangler cannon shots to the face from Ten Numb (B wing guy who says you can't dodge his crits)

How the fuck do I deal with that? every game he just flies straight at the phantom until it dies.
>>
File: darkgreetings.jpg (244 KB, 700x1147) Image search: [Google]
darkgreetings.jpg
244 KB, 700x1147
>>46891795
I'm pretty sure it was the Glove of Darth Vader
>>
>>46891999
>I went with a successful Skywalker/Ahsoka thing
Huh?
Storytime?
>>
>>46892072
Start slow and when he closes shoot past him, when he needs to turn or engage at range 3+ he can't push through 5+ evade dice.

Remember that K turns are a thing but his action economy gets fucked if you keep turn fighting in large arcs.

You are more maneuverable than him and when you can get the right flanking (and understand his movement dial) you can play with him ad nauseam.
Just got to blast behind him in the first few turns, even if you can't engage right away you fuck with is plan and he isn't nearly as flexible.
>>
>>46891999
That doesn't sound like an RPG. It does however sound made of win
>>
Is the plural for "Jedi" still "Jedi," or is it "Jedis"?
>>
>>46892415
I think its just Jedi
>>
>>46892415
It's Jedi. Like they've said Multiple times in the movies.
>>
>>46892415
It's like sheep; it's the same singular and plural
>>
>>46891061
Love you too, anon! May you live forever
>>
>>46892277
Ten Numb is PS8, and therefore 10 with VI, 9 with Adaptability. He gets to shoot before me. I get 2 evade dice since it is a cannon, and then every time that he shoots at me, 1 of his crits is unblockable (and he has a mangler cannon for an assured crit)

Basically, he has Horton Slam follow Ten Numb around, and they absolutely fuck over my Phantom turn 2.
>>
File: star-wars-rebellion[1].png (656 KB, 765x435) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-rebellion[1].png
656 KB, 765x435
How is Rebellion?
>>
>>46892472
Or samurai, which its meant to invoke.
>>
File: Q8hik6h.jpg (55 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
Q8hik6h.jpg
55 KB, 500x750
>>
>>46892511
>Hamster eating banana.png
>>
>>46892511
Those tiny little arms on the wookie
>>
>>46892415
Some aliens use Jedis, but that's dialect.
>>
>>46892484
Don't end in his arc, it's really that simple.

You should not try to joust at all, go slow and when he's close enough just fly past him. You are playing into his game.

Once you get past him he will be trying really hard to keep you in arc the rest of the match. Even if he moves after you, you should be able to predict his movements the bwing dial isn't very complicated.
>>
>>46892769
That still doesn't fix the issue of Horton, but i don't think that there is any way to deal with a PS 10 TLT that has rerolls.
>>
>>46892484
>I get 2 evade dice since it is a cannon,

who told you this?
If you are cloaked you get 4, just because he's using a secondary doesn't mean he ignores the extra evade dice.
>>
>>46892858
> i don't think that there is any way to deal with a PS 10 TLT that has rerolls.

Look up Baron Soontir Fel and laugh at the rebel tears.
>>
>>46892858
If he took the title he can't fire outside of ark anymore, you still only have to fly past him.
>>
I'm gonna run a HARDCORE Gungan bounty hunter. He gonna be tall, he gonna be black, he gonna be BOMBAD BEAUTIFUL!

>meesa only have four words for yousa
>big booma goes wheresa?
>>
File: garbages.jpg (111 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
garbages.jpg
111 KB, 1920x1080
>>46892743
>some
>>
>>46892963
he does not take the title.

>>46892916
I get 2 because I am not cloaked. I uncloak, and he shoots me in the face before I can recloak, as his PS is 10.

>>46892937
I'll look into soontir fel. What's a good loadout for him? Getting a focus when you stress seems interesting, but I don't see exactly how it would play out. Just K-turn through people?
>>
File: Fel-disabled.jpg (99 KB, 821x416) Image search: [Google]
Fel-disabled.jpg
99 KB, 821x416
>>46893076
>Fel
Autothrusters + Push the Limit + Royal Guard TIE + Stealth Device.

Funnily enough, Horton Salm was the man who landed the disabling shot during the capture of Baron Fel.
>>
>>46893054
Sounds good.
>>
>>46893076
Soontir Fel

-Royal gaurd TIE (he can take 2 mods)
-PTL (takes 2 actions per turn and recieves stress for an extra focus)
-Stealth device (4 evade dice until he gets hit, any only if that hit was caused by failing a evade roll- ignoring instant dmg shit)
-Auto thrusters (automatically turns a blank roll into a evade when outside of attackers arc or range 3)

Because an interceptor has a crazy movement dial he can clear a green maneuver every turn and boost/barrel roll out of arc every turn (getting up to 3 actions a turn because of PTL and the synergy with his pilot ability.
>>
>>46893076
>I uncloak, and he shoots me in the face before I can recloak, as his PS is 10.

So don't uncloak?
You know you don't have to uncloak at the start of every turn right, you can elect to stay cloaked.
>>
File: Palpatine-Force-Lightning.jpg (43 KB, 545x281) Image search: [Google]
Palpatine-Force-Lightning.jpg
43 KB, 545x281
Is Force lightning a power any dark sider can do or is it secret Sith Lord stuff only?
>>
>>46894268
Canon, I don't think anyone has done it besides Palpatine and Dooku, both elderly men with a lifetime of experience with the Force.

But it doesn't seem like a secret to me. I'd say it's more like...lifting a massive weight with telekinesis. It's obvious how to do it, but you still have to possess a certain level of power. For Lightning, that level is quite high.
>>
>>46894268

EU wise, no.

Anyone who can access the Force can do it. It's also been shown as a lightside thing if you can do it with no anger or hatred. I mean that's Luke getting his Mary Sue on a bit, but also Plo Koon did like an orange laser version.

The idea behind it is you are letting out all of your negative emotions in a massive burst of power. Sure, Palpatine looks like he's having the best time ever, but that's because he enjoys the torture.

If you do it in the FFG system, you gain a starship-load of conflict, so use it sparingly if you want to get your UNLIMMMMMIIIIIIIITED POWEEEEERRRRR on.
>>
>>46894511
>It's also been shown as a lightside thing if you can do it with no anger or hatred
eh, not quite. lightsiders can use a similar-looking ability that's more like ''force taser'' than the SITH HATE RADIATION that is traditional forcelightning
>>
>>46894268
I'm far more interested in that Spear of Midnight technique that Palpatine did in the EU. That shit's like an ultimate move in a video game or something. Why can't the Light Side have cool stuff like that?
>>
>>46894667
Well, Light Siders can become effectively immortal, so that's pretty cool.
>>
>>46894705
Darth Big Guy can do that shit easy in the cartoon.
>>
>>46894667

Pretty sure when Anakin Solo was going full Jedi Jesus he was like, shooting light out of his hands or something.
>>
>>46894511
>>46894268
Isn't it supposed to be a case of literally hating your opponent do death? Doesn't surprise me that Palps looks like he has fun. Imagine everyone time someone on here has said "I wish I could hate you to death" and then actually let them do just that. That is the smile of immense satisfaction.
>>
>>46894667
Light side has one ultimate technique, and that's the ability to put the right man in the right place to stop any and every sort of dark side scheme, no matter what improbabilities it takes. Next to that, how does blowing tons of shit up compare? It don't even come close
>>
>>46895003
Light Side Ultimate Ability
>Plot Armor
How the fuck do you top that?
>>
>>46894635

The Wook says otherwise, but all that shit ain't canon no more, so what do we care.

Make it whatever you want, Force Lightning Anon!
>>
>>46895063
"Gee master Luke, what are you fueling that lightning with?"

"Um... righteous indignation?" *cute bishi smile*
>>
>>46894719
That was a vision by the priestesses. Sith can't ghost, straight from George. I know what they can do in Legends, but George had his own universe.
>>
>>46895118

Lol it's likely the case tho.

But it comes back to that whole argument over the Force just IS. It's how people draw on it that makes it influence things.

Like I can heal angrily. FUCKING LIVE YOU FAGGOT TAKE MY MAGIC! and no issues.

So naturally I should be able to fire bolts of condensed FUCK YOU at people who deserve it. I.e. people who muderdeathkill.
>>
>>46895546
The Force is a narrative tool first. Having good guys shooting out lightning defeats the purpose no matter how you justify it.
>>
>>46892499

From one game so far...

Empire has quality and numbers, rebels have versatility and better leaders to perform missions.

As the Empire player, I generally had no clue if I was doing anything right.
>>
>>46895578

wut
>>
>>46895711
The Force serves the story. Good guys using evil looking techniques messes with the story.
>>
What rank do think Inquisitors have?
>>
>>46896185
The nucanon has an entire non-military religious cadre as part of the empire's upper echelons. They have no formal rank, but they can requisition materiel from any sector fleet in the Imperial military. Vader is at the top of this hierarchy.
>>
>>46892072
Get the tfo expansion and lambda. Lambda is good against b wings and rebel captive is good for the phantom
>>
>>46892484
Swarm numb with your tfos he cant kill them all
>>
>>46892858
Tie advanced with title and adv targeting computer ripes through y wings
>>
>>46893076
When you get good with interceptors you can take targeting computer instead of stealth device that way you can snipe ships
>>
>>46895848

No it doesn't. Not if there's justification and they are faced with moral issues/conflict. It aids the story if anything. Don't let your view of Star Wars be locked into the films only bro.
>>
>>46896185

Special Asset level. I.e.they get whatever they want when they want because they report directly to Vader who reports only to Palps.

And they scare the fuck out of any Imperial Navy or Army personnel they command.
>>
>>46895623

If you're playing the Empire you have one job - crush the rebels anywhere they appear while hunting down their base.

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT let them have any uncontested planets. Many of their objectives come from having units on planets or winning battles against you. If you subjugate every planet they have they can do neither.

At the same time you want to expand you own production as much as possible - go after valuable heavy industry worlds and make good use of the project deck to that effect.

Finally, disrupt rebel plans whenever possible - Vader and Fett are great for capturing rebel leaders - even better, turn someone to the darkside and then freeze someone else in carbonite to get the activation edge over the rebellion.
>>
>>46894511
>It's also been shown as a lightside thing if you can do it with no anger or hatred. I mean that's Luke getting his Mary Sue on a bit, but also Plo Koon did like an orange laser version.

It's a very muddy issue, even in Legends. True Force Lightning is meant to be treated with extreme caution and as an "oh shit" button. Just as with Vaapad, its Dark Side nature means that only Jedi with ridiculous self control can use it without falling.

Plo Koon's version is poorly understood in-universe but appears to function more as a Force taser rather than murderous hate lightning.
>>
File: swx52-countess-ryad.png (256 KB, 300x418) Image search: [Google]
swx52-countess-ryad.png
256 KB, 300x418
>green k-turns
yikes

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/4/25/defend-the-empire/
>>
File: araararen.png (243 KB, 457x285) Image search: [Google]
araararen.png
243 KB, 457x285
>>46900515
BASED FFG CONTINUES TO BUFF BEST SHIP
>>
>>46900515

>Glaive Squadrons are 34pts each
>Countess
>Marek Steele is the same cost as Vessery

And with that, everything from Imperial Veterans is spoiled.

...I'll take two.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>46900515
Oh my...

She looks like she'll be tons of fun.
>>
>>46900743
Steele, Vessery, and Countess are all so well priced between each other, that we're now seriously spoiled for mid-level Defenders. AND we can always just go with a PS 6 Glaive if we just want an EPT...

Guys, I need new pants. Now.
>>
File: Orbalisk_Armor.jpg (294 KB, 583x808) Image search: [Google]
Orbalisk_Armor.jpg
294 KB, 583x808
am i the only one that hates banes orbalisk armor design but likes this one?
>>
File: Clone Wars Bane.png (431 KB, 500x640) Image search: [Google]
Clone Wars Bane.png
431 KB, 500x640
>>46900798
At least his NuCanon armour is pretty cool.
>>
>>46900777

What IS the best way to outfit Marek in the Defender anyway? My first instinct says Mangler, and the articles suggestion of Calculation and X-7 isn't bad either.

...the card art is implying Cluster Missiles. What about them with Guidance Chips, that's got good chances of working.
>>
File: 128203-156114-shredder.jpg (21 KB, 258x498) Image search: [Google]
128203-156114-shredder.jpg
21 KB, 258x498
>>46900861
looks like shredder
>>
>>46900880
The thing with Defenders after this pack, is that I really doubt we're going to see any "best" way to outfit any of them. Merek needs crits, so you either bank on that without any title and go for the Mangler, or you grab Calculation, or Guidance Chimps and a missile of your choice (Concussion, Advanced Homing...?), or get the D and give hime Marksmanship and a Tractor Kannon... The shit that excites me the most about this expansion, is that Defenders are going to be a wild-card of options. We're not going to see a "Soontir Fel setup" that is clearly the best way to go with them.
>>
File: guidancechimp.jpg (74 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
guidancechimp.jpg
74 KB, 873x627
>>46901177
>Guidance Chimps
>>
>>46900798
>It's Sith sorcery, I ain't gotta explain shit.
>>46900861
I didn't mind the look, but the fact that his spirit hung around Korriban didn't make much sense to me, considering he hated the Sith Academy and everything it stood for. I get that the books now fall under Legends but the cartoon gives zero explanation as to why he's on Not-Korriban. He just kinda shows up and then fucks right off, considering he's the founder of the Rule of Two line of Sith I would have preferred if he just hadn't shown up at all and had some other more complete explanation given in some other material.
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 194x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 194x300
>>46901215
Don't bring that grim darkness crap around here! This is Star Wars! A happy universe!
>>
>>46901268
>This is Star Wars! A happy universe!
I know you're being facetious, but I always really disliked this sentiment. This is a universe full of slavery, oppression, and war. There's also a lot of happy, pleasant, comfy stuff, but people who object to any darkness in their Star Wars always seemed to me to be a little too stuck in the Star Wars nostalgia without actually paying attention to the fact that the films can get pretty dark.
>>
>>46901268
>Jokaero
>Grimdark
They're one of the few parts of 40k that is still legitimately goofy and fun.
>>
>>46901240
Sith ghosts aren't an actual thing in nu-canon, the Big Guy spirit was conjured up to fuck with Yoda by either Sheev or the Priestesses, I forget which.
>>
>>46901336
>That's the joke...

Yeah, Star Wars is not happy-land. The happiest sci-fi tends to be utopian stuff like Star Trek. Which IMO is one thing they got right in TFA... It's not a happy movie.
>>
>>46901348
Which is why they don't belong in Star Wars. We had Jar Jar. We don't need super-space-orangoutangs.
>>
File: yub yub commander.jpg (163 KB, 720x640) Image search: [Google]
yub yub commander.jpg
163 KB, 720x640
>>46901574
>Jokaero are goofy
>Which is why they don't belong in Star Wars
Are you the same guy who bitches about 40k grimdark every time the guidance chimp joke is posted? If you are, you're kind of contradicting yourself.

Also
>Not wanting goofy Star Wars
>Not loving Tag & Bink, Kettch, Trioculus, Skippy, or Jaxxon

Plus, Star Wars is goofy at its core. It's a setting where samurai space knights battle with laser swords and mind bullets. Space battles involve knife-fight ranges, lots of noise, and World War II dogfighting tactics. Villains named "Snoke," "Hux," and "Sheev" are somehow still taken seriously by the heroes. The biggest villain in the franchise is cartoonishly evil and enjoys every second of it while spewing hate-lightning from his fingertips. We have Ugnaughts, Sullustans, Selonians, and fish people called the Mon Calamari. This shit isn't serious in the least.
>>
>>46895063
Quit bringing up the Canon/Legends divide. This is one of the places where that doesn't matter.
>>
>>46901336
Inserting a little darkness at appropriate moments is good. Hell, it's excellent because you have literal Dark Siders. The Grimdarkness of 40K is inappropriate in every setting outside of 40K itself.
>>
>>46901336
Star wars has grim moments and bits of darkness, but at it's core, it's still a heroic setting, not a grimdark one
>>
>>46901779
So much this. It's most apparent I think in that spaceship comparison chart. You have star wars, star trek, battlestar, babylon-5, eve online, and even doctor whatsit. And then there's this section of derpy "grim-dark" ships that look like half-church, half upside-down WW 2 battleship. And you think, what the flying fuck is THIS nonsense?
>>
>>46901862
At it's core, it's a spaghettie western. With magic samurai, and spaceships.
>>
>>46901890
Hey man, I like the over-the top flying church or ships made haphazardly out of garbage.

That's why my Decimator build based on ramming is an Ork Looted Decimator
>>
>>46901909
At its core, it's the Hero's Journey.
>>
>>46901918
At it's core, it's celluloid.
>>
>>46901909
Star Wars to me is Kurosawa meets Spaghetti western meets WWII dogfighting movie IN SPAAAAACE
>>
>>46901918
Every story not made by a middle-schooler should have the heroe's journey(s).
>>
>>46901975
But they don't. and that's a good thing.
>>
>>46889141
>not sure if hokey ancient religion or just embedded anti-grav repulsors, magnets, and arc projectors
>>
>>46901917
>>46901890
Spaceships designed with fluid dynamics in mind make me angry. If you're not worried about generating lift or friction there's only one reason to not be using shapes with better volume to surface area ratios, and aesthetics are a stupid thing to prioritize over that. Just put a big ol' shark mouth on your flying space cone.
>>
>>46901917
As far as science fiction goes, it's an eyesore. You have dirty and used rule-of-cool. You have utopian Asimov-esque high-tech. You have gritty spice-fueled "computer-is-bad". Twelve colony robot-war (a.k.a. Alligator on skis). British shark jumping where what something can do is determined purely by what the plot needs it to do. The online-job huge. And then there's... Those things... That look like some kid MS-painted an eagle on a naval boat and increased scale until the jpg was 500 gb in size.
>>
File: jedi pillar of light.jpg (581 KB, 975x1500) Image search: [Google]
jedi pillar of light.jpg
581 KB, 975x1500
>>46894667
>>
>>46901997
Except for when they don't...
>>
>>46901918
At its core, it's space KINO.
>>
>>46902086
That is one thing I love about the description of the spaceships in the Expanse series. Aesthetics serve no point, and the main character actually mourns the fact that ships look like flying black skyscrapers because of that.
>>
File: kino stretch.jpg (306 KB, 820x1615) Image search: [Google]
kino stretch.jpg
306 KB, 820x1615
>>46902125
KINO?!
>>
>>46902109
>Jedi orbital defense lasers
Man, Legacy had some silly moments.
>>
File: based ania1.jpg (700 KB, 975x1500) Image search: [Google]
based ania1.jpg
700 KB, 975x1500
>>46902240
I miss it

not great or mindblowing, but it was funasfuq
>>
>>46902295
>Trigger discipline on a gun with no visible trigger
On the one hand, props to her for that. On the other hand, goddammit, artist.
>>
>>46902319
It's behind her finger. Her finger is exceptionally long.
>>
>>46902319
I think it's just hidden by her hand.
>>
>>46902109
UNLEASH THE POWER OF THE SUN
>>
>>46902295
It did a good job of mixing old republic and OT setting stuff so you can have your stormtroopers and legions of Sith assholes. I ran a pretty fun campaign in Legacy it's a fun setting.
>>
Do you guys have your players pay for shit like fuel/food on their ships in the FFG rpgs? And if so, what sort of rates/expenses do you charge?

I like the idea of my players having to constantly feel the fear of not having enough cash to keep their ship flying, but I think they might chafe at having to spend credits from missions on things that don't help their DPS. Also I'm unsure what the economies of scale are credits-wise for things like fuel.
>>
>>46902833

I mean, it has a consumables stat for a reason, right? I have players track how much they burn from that and then replenish whenever they feel like they need to. Usually a percentage cost based on the ship and how much they've used, but if varies from place to place. In the Core it's easy to find cheap ship rations and fuel up, but in the middle of nowhere Outer Rim buying up foodstuffs and fuel could be much more expensive.
>>
>>46902833
To cut down on calculation time, my party and I just assume that any cash rewards for jobs are actually net income rather than revenue unless specified otherwise.
>>
>>46901701
>Have a bad guy named Savage Oppress
>Even remotely pretend it's 100% serious ever again
>>
>>46902833
If you're running a grittier game, that focuses more on real life day-to-day shit, then totally do that. These kind of games cane be immense fun with the right kind of players, because it helps to breathe life into their characters and the universe. They have to worry about eating, refueling, repairs, clean water... Whole nine yards. When traveling, you (as GM) tell them how much they subtract from these supplies, and they (as players) decide how much they ration the shit. Hitting port and resupplying, or going to a fancy restaurant, becomes a bigger deal.

On the flip side, if your players are much more casual and more interested in instant-gratification, then this kind of game will seem like too much "book-keeping". Many players would be put off by a game that requires you to manage food, fuel, water, repairs, etc, because it means spending more income on real world shit and less on things like new blaster with +5 damage.

Best thing to do, is talk to the players and ask them how gritty of a game, or how casual of a game, they'd like. If they want a gritty game where they're living paycheck to supply run, then make them pay for everything and deal with hard finances. It leads to a very Firefly, or Cowboy Bebop style game. But if they want to actually be able to afford constant upgrading and new ship purchases, then they'll want a more casual game that doesn't require book keeping. Interestingly enough, there is also the third option of appeasing both sides by having a character be the financial "book keeper" for the group. Droid characters work well... A player who wants to do this, would be the one in charge of keeping track of supplies, while the rest can concentrate more on big damn hero adventures.
>>
>>46903160
This anon is right; talk to your players and see what interests them. Some people really like the extra immersion/simulation, some people care more about the big picture and might find all the extra bookkeeping tedious
>>
File: high g sith eyes.jpg (499 KB, 1710x1720) Image search: [Google]
high g sith eyes.jpg
499 KB, 1710x1720
>>46900515
HNNNNNNNNG
>>
File: droids.jpg (1 MB, 816x1280) Image search: [Google]
droids.jpg
1 MB, 816x1280
>>46903008
>Savage Oppress
The retarded bits of TCW pale in comparison to the glorious old-timey comics.
>>
>>46904254
... That's awesome.
>>
>>46901574
Oh really? Cause there was one in the movie.
>>
>>46904370
Dugs aren't really orangutans.
>>
File: dark lords gambit.jpg (502 KB, 1069x1600) Image search: [Google]
dark lords gambit.jpg
502 KB, 1069x1600
>>46904334
The old comics fucking rocked.
>>
>>46904409
Bud dugs certainly are ________________cute.
>>
File: Raider.png (1 MB, 1280x530) Image search: [Google]
Raider.png
1 MB, 1280x530
Thoughts on this encounter /swg/ ? What could I do to spice it up?

My jedi PCs are flying to Alaris Prime in their YT-2400 to seek out the lost jedi ruins there. This is set around 8 BBY and they find the forest moon and its wookie colony besieged by a small-ish Imperial force. They come out of hyperspace to a Raider-Class and a Gozanti-class loaded with 4 TIE/LNs in orbit. They're challenged to identify themselves or leave the system. I'm assuming they're going to try to make a run for the surface but other options I can think of them doing are trying to fight the blockade, trying to bluff their way past or leaving to figure something else out. What distance they come out from the Imp ships will be determined by how well they succeed on the astronavigation roll.
If they make a run the gozanti will launch its four ties to give chase. Two directly engage while two stay back in reserve, engaging if the first pair is destroyed. When/if they break atmo the planet-side garrison sends out three more ties to intercept and join the fight, two more LNs and one bomber, which will try to stay at range and pepper them with conc missiles.
If they manage to defeat or some how evade the fighters they'll have escaped and will be able to fly wherever they want on the planet or land for a while.
Ideas?
>>
>>46904454
>Greatest Space-Fantasy Film of All

That's probably one of the best descriptions of Star Wars I've ever heard.
>>
File: Wookiees_getting_food.jpg (172 KB, 806x501) Image search: [Google]
Wookiees_getting_food.jpg
172 KB, 806x501
>>46904460
>Alaris Prime
My brother of Gungan descent.
>>
>>46904460
>Alaris Prime

... I think I'm going to have my players track the remnants of the Dark Reaper.
>>
>>46904254

Remember how the Droids comic led to Transformers being the reason that the Vong left their old galaxy?
>>
File: filone yuzhan vong scout ship.jpg (33 KB, 310x405) Image search: [Google]
filone yuzhan vong scout ship.jpg
33 KB, 310x405
>>46904782
one day
>>
>>46904848
If the Vong are recanonized, I hope Filoni at least has the good sense to also recanonize Scut. Best Mercy Kill Wraith, hands down.
>>
>>46904878
any Wraith squadron recanonization would be a godsend
>>
>>46904848
First heliquisitors, now potential Vong... Filoni better have enough sense to leave out the Vong, it has no place in the nuCanon, and really was the biggest "shit the bed" moment of the old EU. Maybe that and hidden sith empires.
>>
>>46905081

The Lost Tribe of the Sith was...I dunno, I liked it. But I have zero taste.
>>
>>46905029
I'm holding out for republic commandos beyond a possible cameo.

>I just want sev back god dammit.
>>
>>46905158
>republic commandos
Isn't one of Rex's team a former commando?
>>
>>46905148
I mean more along the lines of TOR mmo
>>
>>46900515
FUCK YES I AM SO ERRECT
>>
>>46905148
Lost Tribe of the Sith was awesome imo, but they way they were handled by that fucking hack Denning in the Fate of the Jedi series ruined the whole thing. They went from being total bad asses depicted on being on par with the average Jedi Knight and the leaders (Lords and Ladys) being more akin to a Jedi Master.

Every time Aaron Aliston wrote them they were competent fighters, but for some reason Denning was chosen to do the finale - where they were repeatedly killed by an 8 year-old girl with a blaster pistol, and absolutely shredded by even mediocre Jedi Knights. What a disappointment.
>>
>>46905158
Delta Squad appeared in TCW, anon. Not for much screentime, but they ARE part of nucanon.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Delta_Squad
>>
>>46905262
And since the Kashyyyk missions technically haven't been recanonized yet, Sev is still technically alive until specified otherwise.
>>
>>46900515

OH SHIIIIIT JUST SAW THIS

>Countess Von Fingerbang my new favorite pilot
>>
How did yall feel about twilight company? I just finished reading about the assault on hoth. It's been enjoyable enough so far imo
>>
>>46905465
I find it bitterly ironic that battlefront has a tie-in novel but no single player campaign. Not sure if EA didn't learn from Titanfall or they just don't give a shit
>>
>>46905183
Hidden Sith Empire was actually a cool idea. Having it be run by ultra-palpatine who actually was behind everything that happened in KOTOR and is more powerful than any other character was retarded
>>
>>46905158
His tale is still not finished yet right? Right?!
>>
>>46905556
If Disney, EA, and/or the Lucasfilm Story Group think it's profitable enough, then the answer is no.
>>
>>46905512
Who needs plot when you have BUBBLE SHIELDS AND COOP!?!?- said the EA exec.

>>46905549
And that's where they shit the bed. The president of LUCASARTS really needed to swing the veto hammer more often. No sith or force user should be more powerful than Palpatine, because that cheapens him despite him being the most successful villain in the series' history.
>>
>>46905822
What they actually needed to do is not make a single player games to an MMO but luck getting an exec to look up from his cocaine long enough to learn that
>>
File: Battle_of_Pinnacle_Base.jpg (1 MB, 772x1275) Image search: [Google]
Battle_of_Pinnacle_Base.jpg
1 MB, 772x1275
>>46905822
Dude Palpatine was op in the eu. master of all lightsaber forms.know all sides of the dark side. is proficient in sith alchemy, ow and force storms
>>
>>46906059
Force Storms and Mastery of every saber form are also pretty fuckin' retarded. As is coming back to life.
>>
>>46905399
Yeah.... Ryad spins you right round, baby!

Probably one of the most awesome pilots in the game now, and sitting at PS 5. It's pilots like her, Guri, and Nera Dantels, that keep the PS 4 to 6 range alive.
>>
>>46895118
>cute bishi smile
"Okay! Master Luke, whatever you say!"
>>
>>46905942
The problem is that single player is allegedly no longer as profitable as multiplayer. For most gamers, the majority of time spent on a video game is the multiplayer, as is the majority of discussion with other players. It's simply better business to cater to the multiplayer crowd, barring the few truly exceptional single-player experiences. IIRC, multiplayer is also a lot easier to work with than a good campaign because scripting competently takes time and effort.

TL;DR, if you want plot, go play a tabletop or get into the vidya industry, make your own stellar project, and convince AAA studios that single-player still has a place in the mass market.
>>
>>46906203
It is fuckin' retarded but its still op
>>
>>46905822
Sheev is pretty much the bottom of the barrel as far as force power. Excellent planner, piss poor force user. Even his master could manipulate the force enough to cause immaculate births, and Plagueis was not of the power of the sith of old. Naga Sadow pulled a star and all of it's planets and smashed them into another system that someone that had piss him off lived in. Marka Ragnos took on entire armies of force users in hand to hand an kicked their ass. Sidious should be held in high regard for his ability to turn a situation to his advantage, but as far as "Most powerful sith" he is hardly a footnote.
>>
>>46906531
Most Indie games and games from smaller devs have a tendency to be single player. It's profitable, so long as your product ends up popular. Look at Undertale.
>>
>>46906607
He's still considered extremely powerful. He was stronger in the Force than Anakin at his height and remained stronger than Vader throughout.
>>
>>46906607
Naga was powered by his meditation sphere and can't do it out of the bloom. if any thing that sphere was the most op shit ever
>>
File: freeza's training regimen.png (190 KB, 732x799) Image search: [Google]
freeza's training regimen.png
190 KB, 732x799
>>46906607
>Sheev is pretty much the bottom of the barrel as far as force power. Excellent planner, piss poor force user.
EU Sith Lord power levels are about on par with post-Namek DBZ in terms of bullshit and consistency.
>>
>>46906607
>Hardly a footnote
>Actually pulled off taking over the Galaxy
>Actually has a movie instead of just an obscure 90's comic book
>came back from the dead and could destroy entire fleets from star systems away (though admittedly in an obscure 90's comic book)
>>
>>46906607
>Hardly a footnote
>Actually pulled off taking over the Galaxy
>Actually has a movie instead of just an obscure 90's comic book
>came back from the dead and could destroy entire fleets from star systems away (though admittedly in an obscure 90's comic book)
>>
>>46906719
I would ask for a citation as to him being a better force user than Anakin. Being overly powerful was kind of Anakin's shtick, it's the only reason hie stayed as powerful as he was after they reduced his force powers by cyborging him up.
>>
>>46906755
That's the point. Starwars is about the ancient traditions of the past. Need a powerful teacher, find an old jedi. Neeed a better teacher, find a 900 year old jedi. The point is Old Stuff>New Stuff. It's just the setting.
>>
>>46906755
and I hate it
>>
>>46906755
Fucking this sooooo much.

"Oh look, we need the villain to be powerful, and be a threat never before seen in Star Wars".
"Should we blow up a planet?"
"No Jenkins, we did that in IV... "
>sun shines through blinds
"Jenkins, I got it. We blow up... A STAR!"

When everyone gets buffed up to frieza, frieza loses meaning and things get retarded.
>>
>>46906607
Way to prove his point there about how stupid EU sith power levels were...
>>
>>46906739
The sphere was massively OP, but it does lend some clout to Yoda saying that the only limitations to the size of objects you can move is the limitations you set yourself. I figure a megalomaniac has a pretty high concept of what they can and can't do.
>>
>>46906739
in a old campain the gm let us drive one of the spheres and then the campaign got so power creepd that nobody of us played star wars for 3 years
>>
>>46907076
Wouldn't be worth going into deathtrap tombs full of evil possessing sith ghosts if they weren't. If you want super-powerful plot devices you have to play up the people that originally made the things. It's always going to be retardedly powerful Sith, or retardedly powerful Infinite Empire.
>>
>>46907158
That Sphere once destroyed a campain i played back in 2005
>>
>>46907239
Or make your own, like two Death Stars, a galaxy gun, the world devastators, and starkiller base.

The empire did just fine making techno mcguffins
>>
>>46907253
Storytime, Anon?
>>
SO VETS HUH

I want my bombers and defenders please.
>>
File: OfficersGroup.jpg (87 KB, 1000x250) Image search: [Google]
OfficersGroup.jpg
87 KB, 1000x250
I ignored /swg/'s advice to play my all-painted mercenaries list at Saturday's Imperial Assault tournament and paid the price. Instead I took a list that I thought would counter the common Bantha Rider list (AT-ST, elite Stormtroopers, 2 regular Stormtroopers, and an elite Imperial Officer).

It ended up being a very small tournament - six people. There were two Bantha Rider lists, so I was happy with how well I called the meta. But I didn't end up playing either person who brought that list. Three matches, I played everyone except the two people who brought that list.

I went 1-2. I beat a pretty generic Snow/Stormtrooper list in the first round, then lost to a Kayn Somos Stormtrooper swarm in the second round (I knew that was a terrible matchup, but I made it closer than I expected), and lost on a tiebreaker to a Luke/Leia/trooper Rebel list in the last round.

On the bright side, now I'm finished with my Imperial Officers, pic related, and ready to move on to my Royal Guard. Once I get them painted, I can run the 4x4 list that won last year's world championship (before all of the figures it used got nerfed).
>>
>>46907365
We all do. Especially Ryad. I'm looking forward to flying her in an X-7.
>>
>>46907411
I wanna give her Lightning Reflexes and just terrify people. Even I won't know where she'll end up
>>
>>46906794
>>46906607
There's about half a dozen different sources from Legends stating that Palpatine is THE strongest Sith Lord in all of history. Granted, even the latest of them is from before TOR was released, but they're there.

The New Essential Chronology says "Yoda... couldn't defeat the strongest Sith Lord in all of history."

The novel Death Star says "The Emperor was completely in concert with the dark side of the Force. He was the most powerful Sith who had ever existed."

Vader: The Ultimate Guide claims Palpatine as "the most powerful Sith Lord the galaxy had ever known."

"Palpatine has spent decades studying the most arcane and esoteric Jedi disciplines. It is believed that he has mastered nearly all the known powers, previously unknown powers, and devises new ones at his pleasure"-- The Dark Empire Sourcebook.
“[The Galactic Emperor] had succeeded where all others failed in taming the Dark Side. He would journey across the universe, spreading the shadow of his rule, blotting out the stars themselves, and taking his Dark Rule to other helpless galaxies.”-- The Dark Side Sourcebook.

The Complete Visual Dictionary says he's the greatest master of evil to use Sith power.

The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia says he's the only one who was powerful enough to perform vengeance on the Jedi and return the Sith to their former prominence.

TL;DR - claiming Palpatine is weaksauce is straight-up wrong.
>>
>>46888872

The session today may result in my character (and most of the party) dying.

Prepare for sad-anon, /swg/.

He should die heroically though. Saving kids and whatnot.
>>
File: Sith_Meditation_Sphere.png (410 KB, 443x570) Image search: [Google]
Sith_Meditation_Sphere.png
410 KB, 443x570
>46907333 ok
>be me
>be 18
>playing the d20 edition
>set during the old republic times
>we went all sith
>raiding ancient tombs of yavin
4 for sith artifacts
>as we leave the gm says
>”as you exit the tomb you see a glowing dot between jungle”
>we ran straight to it and there it was the sith meditation sphere
>one of us asked one of our holocron
about it
>the dude in the holocron
didn't know shit
>so one of us tried to drive it and that didn't work
>so we went searching for the plans for such ship
>six adventures later we finally found the holocron of naga sadow
that explained how it worked
>we get in
>the gm said that it multiplied all force powers by fifty
>one of us tried to use telekinesis
>rolled a 15
>he lifted an entire forest from the ground >one of us tried to use lighting
>rolled a 1
>the entire moon was consumed by a force storm
the gm written him self into a corner with this ship that he used the first opportunity to tpk. nobody in the group played with him anymore
>>
>>46908034
Ride forever shiny and beskar anon. What's your character?
>>
>>46907717
The darkside sourcebook written four years prior states that palps is shit. The problem with EU is lack of internal consistency.
>>
Have the pre-gen character sheets from the beginner's game for Force and Destiny been added to the Mediafire yet? Last I checked they were missing. I can't be assed to look for myself just yet.

One way or another, thanks to everyone for contributing to that with all of the PDFs and shit. Y'all are the real MVPs
>>
>>46907450
The only problem with Lightning Reflexes, is that it would only make a bank or hard turn into a K-turn, once. She gets green K-turns on her straight-aways... Give her a Tie mkII upgrade, and she has a whopping 14 green maneuvers, 3 white (one of which is the original K-turn), and 4 red hard-turn maneuvers... With that kind of a dial, you could go X-7 and Juke, PtL, Outmaneuver, Crackshot, Lone Wolf, Veteran Instincts (if you want an edge against PS 5, 6 and maybe 7), Opportunist, or even Ruthlesness just to keep in character...

Lightning Reflexes, and Adrenaline Rush just don't fit well with what she can do.
>>
>>46908318
Anon, I QUOTED the Dark Side Sourcebook. Look again.
>>
>>46908034
Make your next pc one of thosr younglings
>>
Does anyone have a link to old EU/legends novels and the like? Looking for a copy of the Medstar Duology, in particular.
>>
>>46910497
/co/ has a big collection of legends books and comics. Not sure if it's still in their generals copy pasta if it's not just ask in their /swg/
>>
>>46889997
humans aren't more numerous, just more diffused,
also are more numerous in inner galaxy.

Out on the rim, non-empire humans gets way more rare.
>>
>>46906531
>the majority of time spent on a video game is the multiplayer
>not posted by Bethsoft
>>
>>46894268
technically, even jedi have a very similar technique.

so I'd say any dark side, but it requires a necessary threshold of competency that only masters of the Force can utilize, with most non-sith darkside users not being that proficient.
>>
>maarek stele 35 points

Long Live the Empire.
>>
>>46910976
This is EA we're talking about. It certainly holds true for most of their titles, especially since all the sports games combined fuck up the statistics.
>>
>>46902833
depends on the type of game you're trying to run.

if you're in StarWars Rebels style territory, say, playing low level smugglers in the empire era, then yes absolutely. heck that's like half the episodes' plothooks, needing supplies of one kind or another, and coming up with some convoluted plan to either steal them or pay for them.

If your playing something a bit more larger scale, and well-supplied, say prequel Jedis pre-fall going on diplomatic and escort missions that somehow always go wrong, with a lot of political intrigue and plotting going on in the background, then no.rations aren't typically a thing you need to worry about.

There are exceptions of course. For instance, if you're ship broke down in the outer rim, and they won't take your republic credits, and you need to bet the rest of your ship on an anything goes backwater nascar race for the parts to repair it and also some weird slave boy you think is incredibly force sensitive and need to get him in a less dark-side inducing environment, then yeah, you might shift back down to that gritter smallchange matters style. Especially if one of your entourage does something stupid like eat directly off of a food cart while the owner watched and you don't have enough useful money to pay for the roasted frog he ate.
>>
>>46911078

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!193:27,144,14:34:25:;71:170,144,-1:34:17:;49:-1,-1,-1,-1,-1:35:-1:u.95,u.-1&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

>Q:What do you call a pair of PS9 TIE-Defenders with action economy?
>A: I don't know but I'm getting the fuck out of here
>>
>>46904458
their leaders were called
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Doge
>>
>>46910497
Here you go: http://www.hungry-ewok.ru/sw/all_books.htm
>>
>>46906531
See, the problem with this statement is that it doesn't recognize genre differences.
An rpg is a completely different beast from the massive glut of shooters out there, and an MMO is a completely different beast from either.
Wonderful case of how statistics can say whatever you want to spin them to say.
>>
>>46911710
No to mention a lot of the people who sign off on this stuff don't actually play games.

>I hear a lot of people play X. Can we make our series Y be like X? That's where the money is.
>Well X is totally different from Y, and Y has been consistently successful for yea-"
>That settles it! Let's make a new studio devoted to make a spinoff for Y that's like X! We'll invest all our money in it!

5 years later

>Ugh this new game was a complete disaster! I guess people didn't really like Y after all

>But surely we can try again with Z
>>
>>46911710
>doesn't recognize genre differences
Neither do shareholders. They only see whether a video game is making a positive contribution to the bottom line. AAA shooters usually do make positive contributions, and the nature of shooters these days pretty much requires multiplayer focus to really capture any significant portion of the mass market.
>>
>>46912056
And that's why indie devs end up making the most creative games.
>>
>>46912080
>most creative
Eh, it's a mixed bag. In terms of raw numbers, sure, I guess the indie scene makes the highest quantity of creative games in a year. Proportionately, though, I'd say it's still roughly similar to the AAA crowd in terms of innovative gameplay. The indie market is still oversaturated with pretentious walking sims, simplistic RPGs, generic survival games, or copies of popular titles with "twists."
>>
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!52:27,126,136,14,-1,-1:-1:25:;190:140,126,1,13,-1,-1:-1:25:;51:170,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1:35:17:u.95,u.183&sn=Bomber%20Aces

Here's a Bomber Aces list.
>>
So I made a list of the minimum exp cost each specialty in the FFG games pays to get the Dedicated talent.

Uploaded https://www.dropbox.com/s/4i5h22ascycdy4y/FFG%20Star%20Wars%20Dedicated%20Cost.ods?dl=0 if anyone cares.

A few interesting things I noticed:
>Infiltrators pay the most of any career, by a siginificant margin, to get Dedicated, and it is actually cheaper for infiltrators to plow through their capstones than to dig through their melee talents
>Marauders are probably the strongest specialty that has to pay so much for Dedicated
>The AoR commander specs have the lowest average cost of picking up Dedicated
>Ace is the only career at the moment with 3 specs that have the minimum cost to reach Dedicated
>Marshal is almost as good as Gadgeteer
>>
Could one become so powerful with the dark side that they become one with it in the sand way obi wan did the light? An angry sith ghost if you will?
>>
>>46913608
Sith Ghosts are a thing, but they were more like echoes trapped in perpetual torment. The only exception is Exar Kun, who ended up trapped as a spirit after a botched Sith Alchemy ritual.
>>
>>46913663
So no evil ghosts traveling the galaxy convincing Jedi to take candy from babies? Bummer.
>>
>>46913608
An element of the Dark Side is trying to force your own will on the universe, so there are evil force ghosts but they are kind of the complete opposite of obi-wan's go with the flow ghost
>>
File: Sand, it gets EVERYWHERE.jpg (112 KB, 401x600) Image search: [Google]
Sand, it gets EVERYWHERE.jpg
112 KB, 401x600
>>46913608
>Could one become so powerful with the dark side that they become one with it in the sand way
>sand way
>sand
>>
>>46913686
>traveling the galaxy
A bit of a stretch. Most Sith ghosts seen in Legends were tied to a specific location such as their tomb or a Dark Side temple.
>>
>>46913686
Nope. Turning to the Dark Side kinda precludes that.
>>
>>46913608
Barring what are basically just evil echos, no. That's the Jedi's special move.
For the wages of sin is death, and all that
>>
>>46913707
The only one so far is Darth Mar, and he is in Knights of the Fallen Empire, which I really hope isn't canon due to the Valkorion bullshit levels.
>>
>>46914311
TOR isn't canon.
>>
>>46914311
The only good things to come out of TOR were some designs.
>>
>>46914311
I'm both horrified and curious to see how much farther TOR will go since it's legends. Fallen Empire was already pretty ridiculous
>>
Guys, I've never played the FFG rpgs and I've only taken glances at the guide but those skill trees, those are for a particular specialization in one class yeah? You can't take points from other specializations right?
>>
>>46914679
There's nothing stopping you from multi-speccing classes. I just go the idea that it costs more.

I mean, how else do you becomes a Force Sensitive Exile? You have to spec out of your current class into another to do that.
>>
>>46914679
>>46914702

You start with one specialization from one career which you can buy talents from.

you can buy more specializations which gives you access to its talents and skills
>>
>>46914679
To get a new specialization you just spend (Y*10) experience points, where Y is the number of specializations you'd have total once you add the new specialization. And then an extra 10 xp if it's an out-of-career/non-universal specialization.
>>
>>46914403
Darth Mar was fantastic.
>>
File: Imperial_Customs_officer.jpg (104 KB, 613x1268) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_Customs_officer.jpg
104 KB, 613x1268
>>46904460
Bumping for this post
>>
>>46905549
I wouldn't have minded it being run by Ultra-Palpatine. These are the old days of power and myth.

The problem was that Vitiate was a total loser. Palpatine is fun to watch. Palpatine is clever. Palpatine had character. Vitiate was a generic demon lord.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.