[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mecha Space Pirate Quest IX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83
File: Kaiser helmet.jpg (111 KB, 447x568) Image search: [Google]
Kaiser helmet.jpg
111 KB, 447x568
Welcome back to a slightly early edition of Mecha Space Pirate Quest, Chapter 9.

As always, you are Admiral Roarke Susan Starwind of the Iron Kestrels (although your admiralty is a matter of convenience to appease a subordinate Captain), pilot of the Knuckle Kaiser and master of the starship Rhinehawk.

Previous Threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Mecha+Space+Pirate+Quest%2C+Collective+Game%2C+mecha
Master Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/sSHs0QmF
Upgrade Menu: http://pastebin.com/QQQzkFZe

Last time, you were romantically successful and gentlemanly with your date and increased your mixtape file substantially. Now that you've had some time to relax, however, your responsibilities as a Pirate Admiral dictate you get back to work.

You take a shuttle back to Colony 3 of California Station, humming 'Killer Queen' and becoming increasingly disconcerted with how long it's taking the unsettling woman you met near the music store to reply to your message.

It isn't until you land on Colony 3, enjoying the artificial evening sunlight and finally having some proper information about the Green Skulls, that your PC beeps at you to alert you of an incoming message.

As expected, it's from Lt. Alice "Clemmy" Farragut again.

[Continued]
>>
File: 1460294462680.jpg (73 KB, 704x528) Image search: [Google]
1460294462680.jpg
73 KB, 704x528
The message is a solid wall of laughing cat smileys. It completely fills the character limit. By the time you've scrolled completely through by running your thumb along the edge of your motion-sensitive holographic screen, however, her next message arrives.

'NYAHAHAHAHA I told him and he didn't remember but then he got angry~' There's an attached picture of a kid who looks too damned young to even call himself an ace, his face purple with rage, pointing angrily at the camera. In the background is a rather young girl with several bruises and a scuffed uniform, leaning heavily on a railing with her face contorted in pain, 'He said you wouldn't be so smug if he'd been in charge and you would be in PRISON HA HA HAAAAAA~ Have you been baaaaad? :laughing sheep smiley: I bullied a technician into helping me pull a little prank on him, but I think I broke her ankle! She was waaaay too slow reprogramming his fire control systems to redirect all aimed shots at limb servos to the cockpit, and we got caught! I got yelled at because of you, but it's okay~ I forgive you~~~~~' You sometimes wish an excess of tildes was illegal.

You receive another message. Fortunately, this one is from someone whose violent nature is slightly less unpredictable. Miles Longshadow, your First Mate.

'Yo, Cap'n! Got a stroke of luck, we have a buyer for the Heart! You'll never guess what she's offering us...so I'll tell you, MECHS! I, uh, think she was feeling kind of sorry for us, I didn't mention to her that you're still alive and she was just a little broken up over you and Ozark.'

Interesting. You can only think of a handful of people with enough credits to flat-out purchase a luxury cruise liner, and of those people still fewer who would pay handsomely for a ship so lightly armed.

In fact, there's only one woman you can think of who would do something like that.

[Continued]
>>
File: viking-06[1].jpg (1 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
viking-06[1].jpg
1 MB, 1680x1050
Your musings are interrupted by a final message.

This one is from your Bosun, Richard Thorslund, Miles' boyfriend-apparent and one of your best friends aboard the Rhinehawk. Richard is a good guy, you've been friends ever since he joined the crew.

'Admiral, we released the nonessential personnel of the Heart of the Sunshine on California Station as you ordered. They'll probably talk, but there's no way of avoiding that short of shooting them all...and I wouldn't work for you if you ordered that. Captain Uzun's ransom came through from his company, along with smaller payments for the ship's other officers, so we've released them too. We're flush with cash for a while. I arranged a line with the office of Commodore Rashad, the one your feisty captive plans to marry, but I didn't want to set up a negotiation like that until you got back. Hope whatever you had to go do went well! Cheers!'

Richard doesn't message people often, and his tone is always slightly too formal, but he's a reliable man.

The Rhinehawk is as you left it, save for one thing. Perhaps Richard and Miles took that comment about not giving the Master Harpy to them seriously, because Cornelius Cohen immediately ambushes you for your signature on a work order.

He wants to turn Miles' and Richard's Harpy Customs into Master Harpies.

>[Approve/Deny]

Also

>[Is there anyone on the crew you want to see before getting back to business?]
>>
>>46887911
Approve
Call Yoritomo and ask if he knows any business we could invest in.
Also you got a twatter?
>>
By the way, your next mission will likely have a lot more Construction Points available than the Heart of the Sunshine mission. Do you want to upgrade the Knuckle Kaiser?

There's a new upgrade, Officer Armor, which has the effect of making your existing armor impossible to degrade with weak attacks. Effectively, to ablate your armor an attack needs to do 4K or more.

There has also been strong support for the Crushing Grip upgrade, which you can afford, as well as support for waiting on the Pugilist Mode and Squilla Elbow upgrades. You're in the mecha bay right now, so if you do choose to upgrade, you can simply submit a verbal work order to Cornelius. You know about all available upgrades IC thanks to Karen explaining them during your date.
>>
>>46888011
Oh yeah definitely get that Officer Armour. Then bank for Pugilist.
>>
>>46888011
Get that fucking crushing grip son.
>>
Go pull on Karen's pigtails and talk upgrades.
>>
>>46888233
We got actual work to do now anon.
>>
>>46887911
>Approve

Get the Crushing Grip.

I don't think we need to see anyone before work.
>>
>>46888259

For once, that would be actual work, since she can get started on installing your upgrades.
>>
>>46887749
YAY PIRATE IDOL!!!!
>>
>>46888400
I hope her mech has a hidden Vulcan gun/missile launcher hidden under an eye patch
>>
File: SpaceRipperStingyEyes.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
SpaceRipperStingyEyes.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>46888509
>Gatling/missiles
>Not even stronger emergency laser
>>
>>46888592
Or that. That works.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (223 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
223 KB, 1536x1152
You sign off on the order without thinking, only half paying attention. The reason why is what's happening across the bay.

Karen has rigged up what appears to be a mecha-sized light beam gun to an emplaced equipment mount, and is aiming it squarely at the damaged Tulwar of Commander Ibrahim (now deceased). Her tongue is sticking out of the corner of her mouth, her little nose wrinkled in concentration as she adjusts the gun's trajectory.

Why she would be shooting at a damaged machine, you don't know, but as master of this ship it strikes you as a remarkably bad idea. You carefully avoid the barrel of the gun...which would be a peashooter to your Knuckle Kaiser but is more than enough to fry you to ash...and make your way in a circuitous path around the bay until you're behind her.

Her backside waggles back and forth in her coveralls, her pigtails bouncing against her shoulders, and as soon as she starts to stand up and has her hands away from anything that could make the beam gun go off you tug on her pigtails. She yelps and spins around, her wrench raised for a killing blow before she realizes it's you and drops it on your foot, "Roarke! I...um...welcome back! I'm doing something really cool, wanna see?"

Without waiting for an answer, she whisks her hair out of your hand and takes a seat on the stool she's duct-taped in front of the haphazardly-rigged controls for the beam gun, "Okay, watch this." And before you can stop her, she hits a big red button.

[Continued]
>>
Just wondering is being mentioned in the weekend quest thread a bad thing?
>>
>>46888763
Hoooo boy!
>>
File: Karen happy.jpg (103 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Karen happy.jpg
103 KB, 768x1024
A slender lance of plasma flashes across the cordoned-off section of bay she's using, and strikes the Tulwar broadside. You notice, belatedly, that it isn't painted like the others. What you assumed was just a hexagonal pattern etched onto the platework lights up as light spreads away from the point where the beam hit and out into the surrounding hexagons before it vanishes, "Bichir armor! At least that's what Bahamutcorp calls it. It's kind of an experimental system that spreads out and negates the force of minor impacts. I can cannibalize this and adapt it to your mech with some reverse engineering."

She grins toothily at you, "And I've also found something neat." She pulls out her PC before you can scold her for anything she might have done, and spins the holoscreen around to show you a cross-sectioned image of the Knuckle Kaiser's arm, "See this? This system was originally built to be able to exert much more force, although it had a limiter on it that I've modified. Additionally, I've drawn up plans to install small drills in place of the first set of knuckles and adamant-nanotube ridging on the back of the fingers to concentrate the force of your blows into a smaller area for greater penetration! I can get started working on either one immediately." She sighs happily, "This has been a lot of fun to work on. Normally, the most exciting thing I do is fix faulty missile pods, but suddenly I get to do all kinds of experimental work."

>[Are you satisfied with getting the Crushing Grip upgrade now, since it seems to have a majority? This is just to confirm, there's more to my next post and I'm already working on it]
>>
>>46888894
Crushing Grip is a go
>>
>>46888894
Yes this is amazing. She deserves at least 3 head pats for this.
>>
>>46888894
Do it nerd.
>>
>>46888011
As is, the officer armor will be handy if we go against green skulls. It'd negate the annoying lesser harpies and allows to bum rush them. Due to their size, we could easily rip them apart, even with less power.

Hopefully we get enough CP to afford the puglist mode after the enxt mission.
>>
>>46888894
>Crushing Grip + Officer Armour
Should make us immune to mass produced assholes while going in close to an enemy will dissuade larger weapons due to friendly fire. This means second thoughts on enemies firing slower ballistic weapons like missiles.

Crushing grip is pretty cheap without the advanced fingering mod. Are you sure we can't afford it with the armour?
>>
>>46888894
annnd reading the upgrade list, if we had 1 more cp, we could get both the grip AND the armor. Time for me to pull out the song I've been messing with!
>>
>>46889102
We'd have to pick a spot to not upgrade for the armor to get both. Our shield arm would likely be the best bet since it's already a heavy thing.
>>
>>46889167
I'm fine with not having the shield arm armoured. Honestly the shield is 12 SP and the arm itself is 6 SP.

I'm not worried about having only 2 CP left. It's better to be alive. We can't easily pull back from battle as well since we are in melee. Fools could probably pot shot us as we run back to the Rhinehawk.
>>
We still need the last track for our 70s/80s mixtape first song with 3 people backing gets it

Side A
1. Roundabout - Yes
2. Starman - David Bowie
3. Dude (Looks Like a Lady) - Aerosmith
4. Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
5. I need a Hero - Bonnie Tyler
6. Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
7. Carry on My Wayward Sun -Kansas
8. Daddy Cool - Boney M
9. Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran

Side B

1. Stargazer - DIO
2. Photograph - Def Leopard
3. Life on Mars - David Bowie
4. Spin Me Round - Dead or Alive
5. House of Fun - Madness
6. Kung Fu Fighting - Carl Douglas
7. Tom Sawyer - Rush
8. I Can Feel It - Genesis
>>
File: Karen 2.jpg (411 KB, 700x1000) Image search: [Google]
Karen 2.jpg
411 KB, 700x1000
"Karen..." You start off, your voice a little stern.

She starts to droop, "Y-yeah? Is this about setting up a mech-sized weapon in the mecha bay without authorization."

"No. I mean, yes, don't do dangerous things like that, but this time it's a good thing. This is fantastic!" You pat her head three times, and she looks remarkably self-satisfied. "Do you think you could do me a favor?"

"Yes!"

"Start work on these plans here, fighting Captain Oda made me realize that I'm at a disadvantage against units with heavy armor like his."

"Yes~!" She has an expression that most girls only get when you notice their new haircut, but then a shadow passes over her face, "Hey, um, Roarke...I know I kind of got too excited and maybe had a little too much to drink last time and sort of fell asleep on you...but do you want to...you know...have dinner again with me sometime maybe if you're not too busy a-and it's convenient for you?" She looks away, adjusting her large, round glasses, "I know you're busy a lot, but..."

"Not too busy for you. We'll make it soon." You promise her with a cavalier smile, "Hold on, what's that on the inside of the fingers and the palms, there? Those kind of..."

"The chainsaw is an ancient and noble weapon, and with this the insides of your palms and fingers will be able to rip things up more easily. Don't worry, it can't turn on when your fists are closed, I just thought having the spinning crushers there would give you more options in battle." Apparently her upgrades come with a sort of blunt chainsaw-like system of short nubby spikes on the gripping parts of your hands, that spin rapidly to tear things up. Good lord.

"You give wonderful presents." You tell her, and she glows, "I've got to work, but I'll be back to check on you, alright? Remember to work safely, the Knuckle Kaiser and I both need you." You smile, and depart the bay for the bridge.

[Continued, upgrade achieved]
>>
>>46889322
How about The Trooper?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G5rfPISIwo
>>
>>46889322
Actually rereading past threads Photgraph is on the first mix tape so that can go which frees up a second spot
>>
>>46889322
I thought we agreed on land of confusion by Genesis last thread?
>>
>>46889370
We didn't get three people backing it

>>46889364
It was taken off the first one since it wasn't 80s and added to this one
>>
>>46888792
Yes it's a bad thing. Attracts a permanent presence of shitposters.
>>
>>46889123

This sounds promising. If we hadn't had our drawfags ragequit over the possibility of harems, cleaning up the sketch of the Knuckle Kaiser would've been worth +5 CP too.

>>46889123
>>46889167
>>46889312

It's really only off by 1 CP? Well then, since it's one point, I'm okay with letting you go into debt by 1 point.
>>
>>46889364

Sympathy for the Devil is very classy.
>>
>>46889427
how many CP is a 3D model worth op?
>>
>>46889380
Yeah you're right it got two.
Well I was this guy 46851763 who voted for More than a feeling. But I liked Land of confusion to.....
>>46889351
But this is good to. GOD DAMN IT EIGHTY'S/SEVENTY'S WHY DIDN'T YOU HAVE IPODS!!!
>>
>>46889380
Throwing in my support for Land of Confusion
>>
>>46889427
Eh I'm one of the drawfags but not the one who did the grey sketch. I'm the wolverine claw one that has yet to turn it into the gauntlet you want. I'm just too lazy to work on it lately. I'll work on it as soon as I figure out how to add a Red Siren Poster on it.
>>
>>46889643
A Red Siren poster on the outside? I thought the poster was a memento Roarke kept in the cockpit.
>>
"Um, Roarke...I'll have to borrow some parts to get it ready in time, but let me do both, okay? There's been rumors about what our next mission is." Rumors your Cool 10 ass, Miles probably told her, "I just want you to come back safe. That's all I ever need." With a bright smile, she begins penning a work order, and presents it for your signature before you can go.

You sign it, "Thanks Karen."

She blushes, "Don't thank me, I'm being selfish in my own way. Just don't let me lose you again, alright?"

You wrap her pigtail around her hand, give it the softest little tug, and say truthfully, "I promise."

Then, before her grandfather can show up and do his best to annoy you into leaving, you depart on your own with a casual wave.

[Continued]
>>
File: what.png (142 KB, 201x461) Image search: [Google]
what.png
142 KB, 201x461
>>46889735
>Rumors your Cool 10 ass
Roarke knows he's the MC of a quest?
>>
>>46889783

No, just a little joke.
>>
>>46889427
as thanks for that, have a song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKQbqyMDOLQ
Smash smash SMASH!
Over in the dephs of space, a hunter finds his prey..
There he goes, rushing in, fighting with no delay.
A pirate down to his very core(Hey!)
Now ignite the burning soul within!

(COME AT ME!)

TAKEDOWN! Dismantle all those in our way!
Left arm, right arm, doesn't matter! A punch will send em fleeing!
Brawling Warrior! Knuckle Kaiser goooo!
SMASH SMASH SMASH!
>>
>>46889457

A 3D model of what?
>>
>>46889811

You get 1 CP and avoid going into debt, I laughed heartily.
>>
>>46889859
of the kuckle kaiser
>>
The bridge is as it always is. Dark ceiling, lots of circular ceiling lots, none of the fancy white and chrome everywhere that UJCIDF ships seem to have from the simflicks you've seen (Band of Bluegills and Saving Private Jerid were two of your favorites). Monitor screens gleam on every wall, tended to by the hardworking bridge bunnies and Avi Silversmith, your helmsman. Miles and Richard still aren't back yet, and when you ask Avi where they are he coughs and mumbles, "...Dunno, something about free catering at this hotel and, uh, Miles was wearing some of your captive's spare clothes, um..." He shrugs his chubby shoulders, "We've got a line to the Commodore, though, if you're ready sir?"

>[Are you ready?]
>>
>>46890113
Is that the laughing version of the knuckle kaiser?
>>
>>46890163
We were born ready, for ransoming at least.
>>
>>46890163
We are always ready. Let it begin!
>>
>>46890163
pfft. We still haven't found out what that is all about right?
>>
>>46890166
...maybe...
>>
>>46890163
Sure.
>>
>>46890205
Also Yes lets talk to the princess's fiance. We should record it. Just in case he pays us more to keep her.
>>
>>46890205

If you mean what Miles and Richard are up to, 99% odds are that Miles is pretending to be Fatima so she can get expensive free food and lots of wine and do things to ruin Fatima's reputation in a top-class hotel room with Richard. The fact that it has a hot tub alone would be pretty tempting, it's hard to take a normal bath in space.
>>
>>46890163
>Miles was wearing some of your captive's spare clothes

Well I guess Richard got a real treat.
>>
>>46890283
No I meant how they got together and why they got together and teasing them about it.
>>
File: ready.gif (34 KB, 220x165) Image search: [Google]
ready.gif
34 KB, 220x165
>>46890163
>>
>>46890163
Miles, tone down on your cosplaying "fun". You and Richard can do that in private later.

Connect me to the Commodore.
>>
File: blueburkhaofhappenings.png (163 KB, 283x262) Image search: [Google]
blueburkhaofhappenings.png
163 KB, 283x262
You have to wait a few minutes while the Station's powerful transmitters put you through. The ansible setup here is convenient, it can reach Mars or Jupiter equally conveniently, but the machinery (which Karen once explained to you at lengths you didn't understand because your technical knowledge is centered around repairing your own mech) has to get working first. You accept payment for the call, since really it's Fatima still funding all of your activities. Thank goodness for her trying to give you that paltry ten credits and giving you the opportunity to pillage her bank account.

Static washes across the screen, then coalesces to reveal an older, leathery woman with a blue headscarf sitting at a desk, "This is the office of His Most Excellent and Fearsome Splendor Commodore Rashad Abujamal, may his enemies never find succor. Who is this and why are you calling?" She sounds profoundly bored.
>>
>>46890518
This is his enemy hoping to find succor, or at least ransom his promised bride back to him. By the way that shade of blue looks wonderful on you. Now no gawking, go relay the infidels demands to the good commodore.
>>
>>46890567
this
>>
>>46890567
bumping
>>
>>46890567
Supporting
>>
"An enemy hoping to find succor. Or at least, cold, hard credits by ransoming his betrothed back to him." You adjust your aviators, and grin like a shark.

She stares, and drops the PC she was holding onto the desk, some simple word game she was playing on it automatically pausing, "You...you what?"

"This is a ransom. I have Lady Fatima..." You transfer the image of her in the schoolgirl outfit, scowling as though she wants to murder every sapient being in the galaxy, to the secretary, "By the way, that shade of blue? Breathtaking on you. Now stop gawking and don't dawdle, go rely the infidel's demands to the good Commodore."

She hesitates.

"I said 'go'. Otherwise I might steal Fatima for myself." You salaciously waggle your eyebrows and she scurries out of view. Several minutes pass before you hear a babble of frantic Arabic from the hallway out of view. The old woman is hurrying along behind a man who looks to be in his thirties, with a huge, thick beard, dark skin, and eyes like an angry hawk. He's wearing a black-and-red uniform more ornate than the UJCIDF's attire, with a curved sword at his side and an expression of murderous rage on his face.

"You have interrupted talks more important than the lives of you, your parents, and every miserable rat you know. You will speak quickly, for my wrath is already roused and my desire to kill you is growing more intense by the second. How much do you desire?"

You name an exorbitant sum as an opening bid, but the usual haggling doesn't take place.

His eyes narrow, then he nods, "Very well, scummy dog of the rock fields of space, for once your palpable iniquity shall find reward...Lady Fatima's father's goodwill is very important to me. Return her safe, with her virtue intact, at these coordinates three weeks from now. I would go at once, but these talks cannot be concluded quickly. May Allah forgive you, for I shall never stop hunting you." He terminates the call with a snarl.

[Continued]
>>
>>46890963
lets kill him.
>>
>>46890963
Ugh, we got have this bitch around for three more weeks?
>>
File: 292890[1].jpg (26 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
292890[1].jpg
26 KB, 225x350
"That was easy." Avi remarks, as the coordinates pop up on your screen. It's an area of empty space, no Colonies or trade lanes nearby, outside the usual turf of any of the pirate gangs.

"So far." You remark, imagining three whole weeks of Fatima in your life.

"So...what's next, Cap-er, Admiral?" Avi smiles nervously, folding his pudgy hands together.

>[Good question, what's next on your agenda?]
>>
>>46891087
Trade the ship for the mechs
>>
>>46890963
probably going to be a trap.
>>
>>46891087
Guess it's time to get those heavier mechs
>>
>>46891124
Backing

Finished list of our mixtape

Side A
1. Roundabout - Yes
2. Starman - David Bowie
3. Dude (Looks Like a Lady) - Aerosmith
4. Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
5. I need a Hero - Bonnie Tyler
6. Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
7. Carry on My Wayward Sun -Kansas
8. Daddy Cool - Boney M
9. Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran

Side B

1. Stargazer - DIO
2. Photograph - Def Leopard
3. Life on Mars - David Bowie
4. Spin Me Round - Dead or Alive
5. House of Fun - Madness
6. Kung Fu Fighting - Carl Douglas
7. Tom Sawyer - Rush
8. I Can Feel It - Genesis
9. Land of Confusion - Genesis

To save time with the Queen Mixtape I wrote up one tell me if you think any should be changed

Side A

1. Killer Queen
2. Bohemian Raphsody
3. Don't Stop Me Now
4. Princes of the Universe
5. Made in Heaven
6. Fat Bottum Girls
7. We Will Rock You / We Are the Champions
8. Another One Bites the Dust
9. Under Pressure

Side B

1. Somebody to Love
2. Flash
3. Good Old Fashion Lover Boy
4. Who Wants to Live Forever
5. The Show Must Go On
6. Bicycle Race
7. It's A Hard Life
8. The Miracle
9. I Want It All
>>
>>46891087
Annoy Miles and Richard, plan for handing of Fatima because that's not going to be a trap. Show Fatima a recording of the 'negotiations' so she knows how long she'll be with us.
But this>>46891124 should probably come first
>>
>>46891087
Yes call Yoritomo and let him know what's going on.
>>
>>46891165
Looks good to me.
>>
>>46891087
Get our heavier mechs and then go for that colony thing for more loot and a chance to try out our new gear and crew against that base. Who knows, we might find something nice and maybe a puru.
>>
>>46891254
Considering newtypes don't exist, wouldn't that essentially make a puru useless?
>>
>>46891124
backing, followed by telling Fatima the good(?) news.
>>
Twenty minute dinner break, but don't worry, I've got you covered.

Incidentally, the mechs you're getting are still reasonably light, Bluegill-class, but definitely heavier than the Harpies. The Knuckle Kaiser could still wade through them like a man wades through a wheatfield.
>>
>>46891409
well, there were the green men and their clones and I wouldn't be surprised if the goverment were trying to make controllable green men.
>>
>>46891491
So a green puru super solider monster girl wifu thing? I can dig it.
>>
>>46891491
You know the leader of the green skulls, and how pretty much all that known about him is that he fought in the war. My question is which side?
>>
>>46891409
Eh, even if Newtypes don't exist, there's still the potential for psychic bullshit.
Also, Purus are never useless, they provide needed morale and bathtimes.
>>
>>46891535
Probably the losing side, considering he's on the opposite side of the law. I wouldn't be surprised if a significant part of the crew are composed of veterans who followed him into piracy.
>>
>>46891472
But when someone walks through a field of wheat the only thing that hurts the wheat is his steps, and even then it's usually not a problem for the wheat.

Are you saying we are totally useless?

I'm going to cry.

And hey, some people have allergies, that field could fuck with them!
>>
>>46891577
Exactly and who was the losing side? (rhetorical question I know, but do you?) Hint it rhymes with muper sutant.
>>
>>46891640
Trooper ant?
>>
File: wtf.png (44 KB, 456x423) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
44 KB, 456x423
>>46891640
So your saying the Green Skulls are Green Men in hiding?
>>
>>46891640
The Greenskull Captain is The Master
>>
>>46891640
No wonder he never leaves the ship.

Nigga growing a tree from his dome.

Son of a bitch.
>>
>>46891755
>>46891713
>>46891640

Cut to Wong furiously pacing his living room trying to figure out how we guessed it
>>
>>46891713
Some of them at least. I also think that the green ogre is piloted by a cute girl of course this is pure conjecture and only came about due to the similarity with the names and shadiness of the organization. But it could be completely false and Mr. Wong is laughing his sides off at me.
>>
>>46891783
>>46891755
>>46891784
And they're interested in a UJCIDF research facility because of something they want to steal, something that can further their plans
>>
>>46891824
Space FEV being made by the Space Enclave!!
or the Space Enclave is on Earth waiting
>>
File: big green haired alien mom.jpg (119 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
big green haired alien mom.jpg
119 KB, 1440x1080
>>46891791
So if there was a Milia Jenius, who's our Max Jenius?

Nobody answer Roarke, because other people have to get love too
>>
>>46891824
I think the best course of action is to strap a reactor to a stick and hurl that shit on overload towards that rock they're in.
>>
>>46891971
This is from Macross right? I haven't really watched the series.
>>
>>46891971
Sam
>>
>>46891971
>Big Green Haired Alien Mom
Pretty sure that's Emilia, though.
>>
>>46892027
Macross 7.
That's Emilia Jenius and Basara Nekki
>>
File: not so big alien mom.jpg (46 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
not so big alien mom.jpg
46 KB, 500x375
>>46892053
>>46892035
Fuck, here's the correct one
>>
>>46891535

I'll say this now. If he's a veteran of the War, and people know about him, there's only one side he could have fought on. A Green Man would be such a high-priority target that you'd have multiple battleships on his trail nonstop for fear he'd start cloning himself.
>>
>>46892027
I watched about half the original series and it comes up a lot on /m/ naturally. The universe is just weird in general. The original reason humanity built mecha was to combat alien giants in power armor and rock/J-pop stars tend to be major plot elements.
>>
File: giphy.gif (979 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
979 KB, 500x375
>>46892132
Hey, Wong. Can we get an AI-Fu?
>>
>>46892132

To add to this, the same goes for the followers of the Green Men. Hakim the Kinless and his followers butchered more or less anyone who wasn't actively fighting the Green Men or showed signs of being affected by their spores while the UJCIDF lined battleships up to burn entire cities with their cannon batteries. The Purging of Mars was the bloodiest, most hard-fought part of the war, with massive casualties on both sides.
>>
File: Walkure.jpg (199 KB, 590x821) Image search: [Google]
Walkure.jpg
199 KB, 590x821
>>46892140
>rock/J-pop stars
More downright science-magic aidorus now really
>>
>>46892266
Isn't one of those a Jenius? Max and Miria's granddaughter or some shit.
>>
>>46892024
i love this idea. this should be our answer to anything that is way more powerful than us.
>>
>>46892266
Yeah, I haven't seen it, but a lot of folks over on /m/ don't like the latest series. Also, Jesus, the boob bounce on the pink haired one.
>>
File: 1460100422505.jpg (462 KB, 3037x2143) Image search: [Google]
1460100422505.jpg
462 KB, 3037x2143
"Avi, tell Miles and Richard to get finished up and get their asses back here. We've got a schedule to keep. Oh, and let Captain Oda know we're departing soon, Auditorium isn't far and I don't like putting things off." You flip control over to your helmsman adroitly, and leave the bridge. After all, you feel obligated to tell Fatima the circumstances in person.

The results...aren't pretty.

"THREE WEEKS!?" She howls like one of those giant Martian opossums, and pummels the plasteel cell door with her fists, "MY SPECIAL DAY IS BEING DELAYED BY THREE WEEKS!? HOW DARE YOU! SCUM! BRIGAND! ARE YOU HOPING TO SOMEHOW MAKE ME FOND OF YOU AND BETRAY MY HUSBAND-TO-BE!? FAUGH!"

"I don't think even I have enough spare lifetimes for that." You comment drily, polishing your aviators on your jacket sleeve, "I'm just letting you know how long you'll be staying with us as a courtesy. You're welcome, by the way. Besides, your bearded beau was the one who set the date, I'm just your humble escort subject to the whims of those who pay me." You bow floridly, and she throws her empty meal tray at you like a chakram, bouncing it off the door. If the door hadn't been there, it would likely have lodged itself in your skull.

"I don't believe you, my Commodore should already be on his way! There is some trick in this, and I won't fall for it! I'll see you buried in pigskin, you great orange ape!" She growls, before turning away and sulking. "Also, the unattractively short-haired one has stolen a set of my clothes. Your servants are awful and you are almost as bad."

"Only almost?"

"GO TO HELL INFIDEL!" She throws one of her slippers this time, and you depart, whistling.

>[Continued, at Auditorium!]
>>
File: Claw Arm.png (104 KB, 296x802) Image search: [Google]
Claw Arm.png
104 KB, 296x802
>>46892228
Check it. I think I like this claw style more.
>>
File: 1460254613186.jpg (280 KB, 1790x2704) Image search: [Google]
1460254613186.jpg
280 KB, 1790x2704
>>46892319
Only one of the pilots, and possibly one of the members of the obligatory love triangle
>>
>>46892024

I'll keep this in mind. There are stats for a self-destructing reactor explosion, after all.
>>
>>46892446
Why does she have fucking elf ears?
>>
>>46892466
She's half-Meltrandi
>>
File: Amuroapproves.gif (658 KB, 280x212) Image search: [Google]
Amuroapproves.gif
658 KB, 280x212
>>46892434

Definite improvement.
>>
>>46892477
She's half space giant.
>>
File: M7_ex3-a045.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
M7_ex3-a045.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
>>46892477
Miria is full Meltrandi and doesn't have bloody elf ears. Neither do any of her other kids, so why would her Granddaughter?
The only person in Macross I remember having ears like that is Sivil and she's a bloody Protodeviln.
>>
>>46892416
alright boys, how long will it take for Fatima's rage to melt through the walls of her cell? place your bets!
>>
>>46892571
Never, because rage can't melt steel walls
>>
>>46892571
3 minutes. 50 zeni
>>
>>46892446

What can men do against such nibbleable ears?

...She didn't win, did she? Japan would never let such a qt get with a protagonist when they have useless idorus in the picture, would they?
>>
>>46892571
No bet. Chances are her husband to be acted mad to keep up the facade while forcing us to wait 3 weeks with her. Buys him time and by the end of it, we will be begging him to take her away from us.
>>
>>46892591
It's only been four episodes so far man, chill, she's got a chance

She doesn't does she
>>
File: Klan Klang.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Klan Klang.jpg
131 KB, 1280x720
>>46892534
It's because they make her look cute.

And apparently they're sorta making female Zentradi have elf ears, at least from Frontier onwards
>>
>>46892636
I'm going to put 50 space dubloons on "The negotiations are to get what was agreed on without him actually marrying her, and he so quickly agreed and told us to wait 3 weeks so we wouldn't spoil it by showing up with her and after it's over he'll be like "On second though, I don't want her. Keep her, make her never show up again."
50/50 split on him trying to kill us and her, or giving us money to keep her vanished.
>>
>>46892447
Neat
>>
The stars glitter like jewels outside the bridge's window, and this time you have a space-compatible pouch of coffee near at hand to sip from. It's nowhere as good as the coffee at the maid cafe, but it helps with that post-jump feeling. Idly, you browse through a short list of properties Yoritomo sent over to you on your PC, since you took the time to ask him about the best location to open up a place of your own. A gym seems like a good idea, and you're already crafting plans for an underground arena.

Auditorium glows the brightest of all, the outside of the colony lit with fantastic designs in scarlet, pink, and gold, the shapes of birds and dragons and stylized mecha cavorting across its surface. Red Siren's face is everywhere, too, with her heart-shaped eyepatch and her hair drawn back into a pair of twintails.

You're not sure she still has that hairstyle, she didn't when you saw her last, but it must be expensive to change all that.

A pair of small ships (Lightweight raiders, much smaller than the Rhinehawk or Yamato) coast towards you...and stop. Their mecha bays open, and a dozen bright red Harpies jet out. In their mechafighter forms, they twirl through the sky like birds in flight, effortlessly interweaving as they disperse glittering scarlet chaff in their wake. The crimson wake forms the shape of a heart, and quietly at first, growing gradually louder, you hear the sound of singing over the comms. You know the song. It's called, 'My Boyfriend is a Pirate'.

As the last notes of the song fade away, you hear a clear, rich voice that isn't as high-pitched as it was when she was a teenage idol, but still is as rich and sweet as the finest honey, "Ladies and gentlemen, THE HEROINE HAS ARRIVED!"

[Continued]
>>
>>46892775
>So, uh, yeah I won't be able to make it at the appointed time, I'll give you 10% more than the agreed upon deal if you can give me another three weeks to settle transactions...

>three weeks later

>Yeah here's the money, you can keep her, thanks for holding onto her for that long, managed to get married to someone else instead. Thank Allah for that.

Ouch.
>>
>>46892809
AAAAAWWWWWW YYYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!
>>
>>46892775
nah, he wants her to keep her father happy and bankrolling him. though he will still try to kill us for embarrassment we have caused him
>>
Guys I don't know if we talked about it before but why does Roarke fight? What are his goals?

I think one of his goals is to find someone who can truly give him a challenge in a fight considering how quick all of our brawls have been so far
>>
>>46892809
Okay, Ozark was a perv, Roarke's a connoisseur of 70's/80's style and music, Oda's a weeb and Siren's an Idol. Are all space pirate captains like this?
>>46892876
This is why we record our negotiations. So people can't say we're lying.
>>
>>46892939
It's like One Piece in Space.
>>
>>46892929
dude we're a pirate, all about the drinking and plundering and sweet music.
>>
>>46892929
>why does Roarke fight

Because it's in his boiling blood.

Better question, why does his machine wear the mask?
>>
>>46892956
I dig it.
>>
>>46892929
Wasn't it because his folks died in an industrial accident his brother was crippled in the same one (and lied about it to cover the companies tracks and keep his job) and Roarke just wants to fuck over that company (Belepharon I think
HOLY FUCK I GOT A TEXT CAPTCHA!!!
Stuart SW McEwen RD what does it mean?
>>
This might take a minute, I want to get my description of her mech absolutely right.
>>
>>46892939
Well, people tend to go crazy in tight areas, even if it's just a little and I am sure there are like 100 different space pirate ships based on classic pirates with all their ships named 'the revenge'.
>>
>>46893003
>Stuart SW McEwen RD

Nigga

SSWMERD

You just got swam upon.
>>
>>46892956
When do we run into Space Luffy?
>>
>>46892929
Roarke, with his passion for flight and mecha, as well as his wanderlust, was always gonna do something like this. I'd imagine his circumstances led to piracy being his only legitimate option for such. Also maybe his only chance to rise above poverty. What he probably didn't expect to find was a family or a job he loved doing so much. Now I'd imagine he has an attitude best summarized by Malcolm Reynolds in firefly. The whole keep flying, keep free thing.
>>
>>46893067
*another family
>>
File: Admirals.jpg (188 KB, 1279x720) Image search: [Google]
Admirals.jpg
188 KB, 1279x720
>>46892956
>Space Admirals with actual super robot mecha
>>
>>46893046
Once we get prosthetic extendo arms we will BE Luffy.

But with more sex.
>>
File: I feel the rock!.gif (2 MB, 281x192) Image search: [Google]
I feel the rock!.gif
2 MB, 281x192
>>46893046
When we rob his shit. To a symphony of 80's awesomeness.
>>
>>46893080
Uh, did they break their fucking ankles?

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>46893113
implying we won't make him join our fleet by bribing him with food.
>>
File: kek.jpg (66 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
66 KB, 720x480
>>46893005
Just remembered Red Siren thinks Roarke is dead.
>>46893124
They are literally made out of Light,Magma and Ice I don't think they care that much.
>>
>>46893124
just noticed that myself.
>>
File: Silvers.Rayleigh.full.699346.jpg (79 KB, 800x550) Image search: [Google]
Silvers.Rayleigh.full.699346.jpg
79 KB, 800x550
>>46893113
>>46893103
What if we wind up become the mentor of young Mecha D. Luffy?
>>
>>46893131
>implying that would work

His dedication to being Emperor of the Space Pirates too stronk

Gotta settle it with fists.
>>
>>46893145
Time to seduce and getting another chick going after us
>>
>>46893196
We should play this when she contacts us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlBIa8z_Mts
>>
File: Red Siren kissmark.png (772 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Red Siren kissmark.png
772 KB, 960x720
A protruding pod on the Colony hull opens up, and a brilliantly scarlet and pink mech steps out onto a flattened strip of the Hull that you realize belatedly is an external catapult. Jets of plasma flare up, two by two, on either side of it as it struts forward with a distinctively feminine saunter that must have taken a talented engineer and a substantial investment from Bahamutcorp to create, back when it was merely intended for performances. Its legs are long and slender, with feet that resemble a woman's high-heeled boots. A long, articulated skirt with a powerful thruster assembly beneath sways flexibly around its waist. A pair of short, cylindrical rods are attached to its relatively wide hip assembly, likely a weapon system, while four large thrusters are arranged like a bow at the small of its back. Its chest armor is overly heavy and slightly blocky and extruding in the bosom area.

[Continued]
>>
>>46893258
Even our Mech gets to have a waifu
>>
So once we get our crew to wring that pity deal she's willing to throw them, are we pulling our apparently patented harmonica calling card?

Or are we not going to be a dick and do it before trying to milk her with guilt fees?
>>
>>46893295
Hey now, no cheating on wire-chan. They've been together forever.
>>
>>46893314
Lets do it before, worst comes to worse we offer her some money and a date to make up the difference
>>
>>46893314
As soon as she contacts she'll talk for a bit, either a) a gentle harmoicaning while she's talking or b) once she's waiting for a reply we start up. Either of these.
>>
>>46893354
>harmoicaning
Should be harmonicaning
>>
File: 1460766474289.jpg (174 KB, 786x1048) Image search: [Google]
1460766474289.jpg
174 KB, 786x1048
Triumphant music plays over your comms as it spreads its arms wide. Funny, you always thought of Red Siren's Archen as a large mech, but it's really only in the same size category as Yoritomo's, or perhaps a bit smaller. It's hard to tell with all the armor he's bolted to his. A mane of brilliantly pink 'hair' that you suspect is actually nanofiber like your grappling harpoon's cable floats from behind the elegantly smooth-curved head of the Archen. As for its face, it has a vividly pink sensor mask shaped like a heart, and as it approaches static washes over the faceplate to display Red Siren's langorously smiling face across the mask's surface, heart-shaped eyepatch and all. It lifts off with a graceful kick of its heels and a spark from the catapult and soars through the chaff heart, laughter echoing across the comms. It twirls into a graceful pirouette, skirt flaring high to expose that its legs are only scarlet to mid-thigh, and peach above until it reaches the hip servos, giving the impression of smooth thighs in high red boots, and as it spins it splits into two, then three separate Archens that all grasp hands and bow simultaneously while the bow-shaped thruster assemblies behind them flare with jets of purple light that make it look as though they've sprouted angelic wings.

"Iron Kestrels...in your time of greatest sorrow, I have come to-"

Suddenly, her voice changes, "Miles Longshadow. Open your comms. Now." All three Archens point imperiously at the Yamato, "What. Is. That?"

Miles innocently hits the comm button, "What do you mean 'what is that'? That's Captain Oda Yoritomo."

"I know that. Why is he near this Colony?" All three Archens cross their arms, the projected images of Red Siren's face turning downward into a scowl.

[Continued]
>>
>>46893388
NOW play the harmonica in the background!!! QUICKLY!!!
>>
>>46893388
>A mane of brilliantly pink 'hair' that you suspect is actually nanofiber like your grappling harpoon's cable floats from behind the elegantly smooth-curved head of the Archen

Man, she's just begging to get her bot's head torn off.
>>
>>46893388
>Three Archens
So holographic projections or remote controlled drones?
>>
>>46893388
godammit what did the space weeb do?
>>
File: gorgon lady.gif (748 KB, 500x206) Image search: [Google]
gorgon lady.gif
748 KB, 500x206
>>46893428
Maybe she can actually control it like gorgon hair.
>>
File: oh no.jpg (28 KB, 286x321) Image search: [Google]
oh no.jpg
28 KB, 286x321
>>46893462
>Oda's a weeb
>Idols are liked by weebs
>Red Siren's a former idol
>>
>>46893481
If he get's her as a wifu then does his mech get the special upgrade?
>>
>>46893388
we need to reply with a witty oneliner like "your biggest fan wouldn't die so easly" o something like that.
>>
>>46889322
What goes into a mixtape? Like for a quest is it an IC or an OC thing?
>>
>>46893529
>mahou shogun robo
>>
"Yoritomoooo~" Her singsong voice is a lot scarier than her stern one, "Did you, by any chance, decide to take over the Iron Kestrels while they were weakened? Because you know I don't like that. I don't like that at all."

She wags the Archens' index finger in triplicate at the Yamato, floating innocently next to the Rhinehawk and the Heart of the Sunshine, "I'm going to punish you...and NOT in the good way! Get your stupid Osano-Wo out here so I can beat it up."

She dramatically clenches the outthrust fist of whichever one is the real Archen, and the two holographic shadows flawlessly follow suit, "You took advantage of them, Yoritomo. When they were longing for the gentle, intimate embrace of a motherly yet-still-eighteen-at-heart figure to soothe their souls and comfort them after their losses, you came like a thief in the night and conquered them for your own reasons. It should have been ME adding them to my forces, not you!"

"I've tolerated your irritating ways for years, even signed an autograph for you, and this is how you repay me!?" She presses the back of the Archen's forearm to the Archen's brow, the very picture of maidenly distress, "How can such treachery be borne!? You know Captain Ozark liked me better than you and First Mate Roarke...First Mate Roarke was special to me. I bet his dying words were 'I want my beloved Siren to lead the Kestrels, if only I could see her one last time and tell her how I truly felt!'"

Whatever she's implying isn't true, but she might have just made it up for dramatic effect. This doesn't stop your entire bridge crew from looking at you curiously as you frantically shake your head and start digging around for your harmonica.

"It doesn't matter! I'll cast my heart onto the battlefield for my fallen friends! The Iron Kestrels are MINE, so hurry up and come fight me!" The flaming purple jets rise higher, and the Archen's projected Siren-face flickers off to once more be a smooth, pink sensor mask.

[Continued]
>>
File: laughing char.gif (317 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
laughing char.gif
317 KB, 500x375
>>46893584
>motherly yet-still-eighteen-at-heart
>>
>>46893584
>a motherly yet-still-eighteen-at-heart figure

What the fuck is wrong with everyone who isn't an original member of the Kestrels and that one Colonel?
>>
>>46893615
space madness is a hell of a disease.
>>
>>46893584
I am now picturing this setting as One Piece in space with Mechs instead of superpowers.
>>
>>46893584

>Well looks like i'll get that chance after all Siren
>>
>>46893615
Space madness anon. Gets them every time.
>>
>>46893615
You say that like Roarke doesn't have his own problems.
>>46893624
Agreed.
>>
>>46893627
Or have miles tell her were sending out a new ace who beat Yamato and is a much better pilot then Roarke every was
>>
>>46893631
in my mind the fact that we love the 80's makes us (and by proxy the iron krestels) inmune to the space madness.
>>
>>46893637
Roarke don't got no problems. Just has women throw themselves at him.
>>
>>46893637
>You say that like Roarke doesn't have his own problems.

I'm not following. Are you implying Roarke is literally anything other than a best and perfect?
>>
>>46893651
I don't know what I want more.
>>
>>46893651
this, but make the fight like a playful dance so we're singing a duet together by the end.
>>
>>46893562
We get the mixtapes ic and oc we decide on the tracks on the mixtapes
>>
>>46893662
No where did you get that idea from? You say that like a little bit of crazy is a bad thing.
(seriously) Roarke is someone who dresses up, listens to and acts like from the 1100's if he were in real life.
>>
>>46893653
Women, men, and men that dress like women.

>>46893652
Nah, we had it, but like many illnesses, we treated the symptoms early by focusing it on our mixtapes and a rigorous exercise of punching things.
>>
>>46893699
So making a quest soundtrack just trimmed down enough to be listened while reading is a totally different matter?
>>
>>46893749
The mixtapes are just what Roarke can use for the quest so a soundtrack should be fine
>>
>>46893708
Less 1100s, and more Shakespearean 1500s. Roarke's still understandable and actually seems to usually be on top of things
>>
>>46893653

I distinctly remember a Seduction roll on a woman who exuded ultraviolence.
>>
>>46893708
>Roarke is someone who dresses up, listens to and acts like from the 1100's if he were in real life.

Not really, every one of the Kestrels wears pretty much a biker jacket and aviators, Roarke just really likes the tunes from the really fucking old days.

A dress code that becomes a natural way of dressing shouldn't be faulted, moreover it's a theme. Like how bloods or crips wear red or blue. Because we are essentially just a gang.

The only real quirk Roarke has other than he likes to beat shit up with his bare hands is his music, and saying a man can't like old music is preposterous, who doesn't like good classical?

Also, Roarke is surprisingly normal in every other regard, and isn't a fucking freak like weeb-sama or a psycho like drama-girl.
>>
>>46893795
Nope wasn't me so it doesn't count! Hahahahaha! Confounded in one because we are all just voices in Roarke's head!
>>
>>46893816
Are we going to start talking to ourselves? Or does Roarke just ignore us while we argue?
>>
File: worried elf.png (73 KB, 204x401) Image search: [Google]
worried elf.png
73 KB, 204x401
You know, considering how damn weird all the pirate leaders are, I'm wondering if all the military leaders are just as weird, but are forced to repress it in the name of discipline and all that.
>>
>>46893848
I hope he ignores us! I mean fuck I'd go crazy if I heard my self!
>>
File: CaptainAshta.png (170 KB, 500x352) Image search: [Google]
CaptainAshta.png
170 KB, 500x352
>>46893795
Clemmy is best girl. Or are you suggesting otherwise?

Also, Wong. Do we still have Captain Ashta's contact info? A junk guild would be an awesome place to find parts and he seemed like a swell guy. I bet his sister is awesome too.
>>
>>46893799
I think Roarke's only normal because he was the First Mate. Now that he's the Admiral, the space madness will overtake him like everybody else
>>
>>46893871
Are we going to kidnap her like the show?
>>
>>46893848
you know, he already has the space madness. we are his space madness.
>>
>>46893890
What kind of man would we be if we kidnapped a man's little sister.
There are lines you just don't cross, man.
>>
File: 20090805192621[1].jpg (117 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
20090805192621[1].jpg
117 KB, 900x900
"NOOOOOO, SIREN-CHAN, IT ISN'T LIKE THAT, IT ISN'T LIKE THAT AT ALL!" Wails Yoritomo over the comms.

Funny, because if you hadn't been there it would have been EXACTLY like that.

"You liar! I'm going to rip off your stupid forehead protector and shove it so far up your rear entry point that starlight glitters off it whenever you open your mouth!"

"Siren-chan it wasn't me! I swear! I'm not the Taishou-sama!"

Richard actually saves the day, for once, grabbing the comms from his girlfriend and yelling into the mic, "It's true, it's the other way around, they joined us!"

Red Siren puts her hand on her hip...or at least, the triplicate Archens do, "Bullshit. Everything Yoritomo customizes may be stupid-looking, but I'm not dumb enough to forget that you and Miles both ride Harpy Customs. No way either of you beat the Osano-Wo. No. Way. At. All."

You clear your throat, and transfer comm control to your chair. It's time for an entrance.

>[What do?]
>>
>>46893918
>>46893651

This
>>
File: judau.jpg (28 KB, 349x400) Image search: [Google]
judau.jpg
28 KB, 349x400
>>46893871

I'm going to say yes.
>>
>>46893918
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_8IXx4tsus
I could escape this feeling
with my China girl
I feel a wreck
without my little China girl
I hear her heart beating
loud as thunder
Saw they stars crashing
>>
>>46893918
Play the harmonica. A tune she knows only Roarke can play. Then say but the Knuckle Kaiser can and did beat his Osan-wo to get him to swear fealty to me as Admiral.
>>
>>46893859
Keep in mind a mid-ranking officer was carrying a goddamn cane-sword and a briefcase with good beer an a fucking checkers board.
>>
>>46893918
Harmonica or
>>46893938
This.
And why do people think Roarke being space mad is a bad thing?
>>
>>46893955
We can do this when we decide to drop the act and let her know its us
>>
>>46893918
Play our harmonica just the way we did to Yoritomo after >>46893938
>>
>>46893967
And Sam her/his brother Zangief and Clemmy.
Oh and to a lesser extant "if we didn't fight we'd be alright" Jesus.
>>
File: PuruLick.png (509 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
PuruLick.png
509 KB, 960x720
>>46893954
Awesome. Judau is one of my favorite Gundam Protags too.
Him and Garrod. Scavenger Dream Team.
>>
>>46893955
Isn't that Karens song because she wears that dress. I say this should be Siren's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBwS66EBUcY
>>
>>46893977
If only we had a mech sized harmonica we could do both!
>>
I really ought to warn anyone wanting to send out the Knuckle Kaiser and engage the Archen that Red Siren doesn't play by Yoritomo's "TEST YOUR WARRIOR SPIRIT WITH SINGLE COMBAT YAMATO DAMASHI I STILL HAVE HYDRAULIC FLUID IN MY SERVOS" rules.

And that she still has a bunch of Harpies and a pair of small raiding ships floating nearby.
>>
>>46894001
>"if we didn't fight we'd be alright" Jesus.

I can't wait to meet him again.

>Never had to use hand to hand in the sims

>"Stop, accept your arrest and - OH GOD WHERE DID MY ARMS GO!?"

Or even better

>"Oh hey justicebro"

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>46894036
Well in that case, supporting the ye olde harmonica entrance
>>
>>46893918
Harmonica ho
>>
>>46894036
Harmonica it is. or maybe we play the harmonica over the coms while we launch the KK.
>>
>>46894036
Then lets sweeten it up with a challenge if she can beat our new ace one on one the iron kestrels will join her
>>
>>46894029
I agree, it's appropriately up beat. Plus I can see us serenading her with it later.
>>
>>46893918
Time for a sick harmonica solo, just like pops taught us.

captcha, for the last fucking time, I have solved like fifty of these fucking things
>>
>>46894029
We sang Little China Girl with Red Siren during drunk Karaoke. Just need to add like "I don't sound too bad sober huh? Want to give it another go on the mic with me?"
>>
Guys she doesn't play fair no launching th KK.
>>
>>46894029
Red Siren is actually Asian and what >>46894086
said
>>
>>46894036
Harmonica. Got to keep it classy. ProtoMan style.
>>
>>46894062
We could blast the harmonica as we go out to greet her in the KK, but I don't really she her take us on in a most honabrull duel.
>>
Some day in the far future we're going to be waging a legit war with the military and there will be strict orders not to engage a fleet when you hear a harmonica playing before the battle begins unless there is an actual general in command of the military fleet.

It's a glorious dream.
>>
>>46894099
>>46894086
Which thread was this mentioned?
>>
>>46894125
Thread two or three I think. Offhand mention when Roarke reminisces of how he got the Red Siren poster
>>
File: launch!.jpg (29 KB, 400x278) Image search: [Google]
launch!.jpg
29 KB, 400x278
...And you hand the comms back. "Miles, Richard, stall her."

You're blessedly free from having to hear Red Siren call poor Yoritomo awful things for doing what she planned to do first (and failing at it). You swing by the bay, where Karen is (thankfully) engaged in programming nanotubes (for a fun and informative link http://news.rice.edu/2016/04/14/nanotubes-assemble-rice-introduces-teslaphoresis ). Her head jerks up as you open the cockpit and activate the liftwire of the Knuckle Kaiser remotely via your PC, "Roarke, wait! I haven't upgraded it yet!"

"I'm not going to fight anyone, Karen. Just saying hi to a fellow Captain." You give her your most reassuring smile before you put your helmet on, "Clear me for launch, would you?"

"I-if you're sure, lemme just get my spacesuit!" She scampers off.

A few minutes later, the airlock opens and the Knuckle Kaiser steps out onto the catapult. An electric current crackles, the door slams shut behind you, and the other one opens ahead as you're magnetically hurled out into space. Correcting yourself with your heeljets, you float majestically up to stand atop the point of the Rhinehawk's bow.

"...And another thing, I don't care how much contact he had with the West, I don't believe a Sengoku warlord would be doing it with a Portugese-owned slavegirl!" The Archen is still shaking its fist at the Yamato, then breaks off as it detects you. Her attendant Harpies focus on you too, you can practically feel their cannons locking on as you spread your arms wide towards the pirate woman.

You hit the mic, "This one's for you, Red."

"Who? What is that? I've never seen that model before..." She sounds puzzled.

[Continued]
>>
File: 1460484860907.png (93 KB, 297x400) Image search: [Google]
1460484860907.png
93 KB, 297x400
Oi, no consensus on the song? Good thing I hadn't fired it up yet.

China Girl, or Holding Out for a Hero. You guys decide!

Fairlion unrelated but oddly cute.
>>
China Girl no doubt
>>
>>46894235
>China Girl
It does seem to fit better, and hero fits more of a rescue thing.
>>
>>46894235
Holding out for a hero.

Well here's our reason to be a pirate from thread 2.
>"You see a child picking an adult's pocket and smile nostalgically. When you turned fifteen, the usual age to get a job, you decided that fuck working for Bucephalus or the UJCIDF and came out here to the asteroid belt in search of money and adventure. Naturally, you fell into a criminal gang. You were a shitty thief whose only real talent was beating people up, but by your eighteenth birthday you'd been recruited by the Iron Kestrels and were a pirate in earnest."
>>
>>46894235
China Girl
>>
>>46894235
China Girl. Let's call those hazy alcohol-ridden memories
>>
>>46894235
>China Girl
>>
>>46894235
China Girl because that's a memory for Roarke and Red Siren.
>>
File: height of lost technology.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
height of lost technology.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>46894235
china girl sounds good
>>
>>46894307
Is it though? Currently looking through the archives to see if its something I missed. Her real name is Rosita Kim apparently.
>>
>>46894335
Thread 2:
> signed poster of Red Siren with a kissmark that's still as crimson as the day she gave it to you. She's a former S-Pop Idol who turned space pirate Captain, and although that's not really your style of music you met in a bar one night and drunkenly karaoked 'China Girl' together.
>>
>>46894235
Hey, Wong! how happy was Samantha after our date? I just want to know for a friend of mine
>>
>>46894407
Probably happy as fuck. A bit sad she didn't get any though.
>>
>>46894407
Heh, yeah "friend"
>>
File: Red Siren.jpg (209 KB, 560x743) Image search: [Google]
Red Siren.jpg
209 KB, 560x743
>>46894350
Yep found it, I skipped that wall of text when I first read the thread.
>>
>>46894407
She wanted to work the shaft and swallow the gravy.
>>
File: Roarkepoint.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Roarkepoint.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
The music kicks up, the chopsticky rhythm of one of David Bowie's many musical masterpieces. Truly, he was a man who had one foot on Mt. Olympus.

'Oh oh oh oh~'

'Little China girl~'

There's not a peep from the Archen. Its pink heart-shaped face stares at the blank, chunky bone-white Y of the Knuckle Kaiser's visor.

'Oh oh oh oh~' Bowie croons.

'Little China girl~'

It's not enough, so you chime in. You're nowhere as good as Bowie, obviously, but you hear a gasp over the comms anyway.

"'I could escape this feeling
with my China girl
I feel a wreck
I hear her heart beating
loud as thunder!
Saw the stars crashing"'

The Archen puts its slender, delicately articulated hands to its cheeks, but doesn't interrupt.

"'I'm a mess
Wake up mornings where's my little China girl
I hear her heart's beating
loud as thunder
Saw they stars crashing down
I feel a-tragic
like I'm Marlon Brando
When I look at my china girl
I could pretend that nothing really meant too much
When I look at my China girl"'

Her voice joins in, smooth and rich and full of nostalgia.

"'I stumble into town just like a sacred cow
Visions of swasticas in my head
Plans for everyone
It's in the white of my eyes"' Your voices harmonize, hers and Bowie's are much better than yours, but it doesn't matter. Not to you, not to her, not to Bowie who now dwells forever with the Gods on Olympus.

"'My little China girl
You shouldn't mess with me
I'll ruin everything you are
I'll give you television
I'll give you eyes of blue
I'll give you man who wants to rule the world"' Your voice swells louder, the Knuckle Kaiser throwing its arms wide as it walks along the top of the Rhinehawk towards her. Two of the Archens fade away, and the third waves the Harpies back distractedly before its purple thrusters ignite and it soars towards you.

[Continued]
>>
File: 1419798056222[1].jpg (96 KB, 952x1024) Image search: [Google]
1419798056222[1].jpg
96 KB, 952x1024
"'And when I get excited
My little China girl says
Oh baby just you shut your mouth
She says : sh-sh-shhh"' The Knuckle Kaiser catches the Archen by the hands, fingers interlocking as you spin her around. In the void of space, its pink hair drifts as though it's underwater, and as natural as the way her skirt lifting as you spin her looks you know how many weeks of programming must have gone into it.

But there's nothing artificial about the way her mech slides its arms around the Kaiser's neck or falls right into its arms, or the way her sensor mask bumps against yours. No, that's all Siren, just as you remembered.

You've often wondered if you could have gotten with her back then, in that bar, but there wasn't a chance you would have tried. She was crying her eyes out over her ex-boyfriend's suicide and the end of her career as a legitimate idol, and you were still pretty fresh to the Kestrels. Not only did you want to look cool in front of your crew, but you didn't want to be that kind of guy. At the same time, looking back, it was pretty unusual that she chose you out of everyone at that long-gone bar on Colony 1 to confide in.

She had a different style back then (pic related).

"I sound better sober, don't I? Let's sing that one again sometime." You tell her, grinning as you open video comms.

>[Be smooth]
>>
>>46894697
And you were right about one thing, I was thinking about you

or

Looks like I'll get my chance to confess after all
>>
>>46894697
Now it isn't Yoritomo that is in charge love it's me. Now I heard the deal was one ship for a couple mechs. That's still going to happen right? Oh and it's not First Mate or Captain I'm an Admiral now.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.