[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tak
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: takbg.jpg (160 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
takbg.jpg
160 KB, 1024x576
>It’s more elegant than chess. It’s more enjoyable than Go.
>Tak is the best sort of game: simple in its rules, complex in its strategy.

What does /tg/ think of Tak? Could it possibly hold up to these claims?

>Play Tak
https://www.playtak.com/#
>Login as guest to connect to server
>Host a game and type takbot:play in chat for bot match

Tak is an abstract strategy game envisioned by Patrick Rothfuss and designed by James Ernest (of Cheapass Games). They're currently running a kickstarter for it that's well over its goal, and they're supposed to have a retail release in the fall, but you can make a set pretty easily.

It seems to have a surprising amount of depth. I made a set out of some old backgammon pieces and have had fun playing with whoever I can find. It's incredibly quick to teach for the depth it offers, like something like go, but the small amount of pieces required makes it way more portable and thus more practical than carrying around a go set so I can actually see myself playing it.
Anyway, give it a shot and let's talk about it. Is there room in the current board game market for an abstract strategy game? Will anyone care about this game when it comes out?

>Rules
http://cheapass.com/sites/default/files/TakBetaRules3-10-16.pdf

>Info
http://cheapass.com/games/tak
>>
>all this crap
>link to the rules randomly in the middle
Fucking hell. If it's so simple just type the rules.
>>
>>46861458
You posted about Tak yesterday as well.
>>
>>46861458
>>46861664
>>46861837
>accidentally posts in /tv/
>gets shit
>follow him here because interested
>gets shit from own board

you guys are brutal
>>
>>46861458
First time I've seen this, can't wait to try a game with friends.

>>46862261
Sometimes people have bad days and need to vent at strangers. I recommend they exercise instead.
>>
>>46862261
We get some pretty blatant viral marketers here from time to time, Anon, so whenever there is a post about a game being kickstarted that reads like a paid advertisement, but claims no affiliation with the company, the response is generally very negative.
>>
>>46861458
I highly doubt a game can just come out of nowhere like this and be better than chess, but what the hell. I'll give this a try later when I'm not on my phone.
>>
>>46861458
The stacking shit instantly reminded me of HxH's Gungi.
>>
Buy a 4chan add to support the site or gtfo
>>
>>46862880
Yeah, time will tell. It's definitely simpler and feels less contrived than chess though since there are less pieces that all move the same way. I think that's what Roothfus meant when he said it was "more elegant."
>>46862987
Never watched HxH but it looks like it could be similar, if not just aesthetically.

>>46862628
Yeah it sucks that that's the landscape these days. I just think the game is cool and want to share it with others, but that naturally would lend me to use the same techniques paid advertisers might use. Does that make me a shill? How else do I get a conversation for something not a lot of people know about?
>>
>>46863135
>How else do I get a conversation for something not a lot of people know about?
Cleverly hidden bait thread?
>>
>>46864411
>Wraith: the Oblivion
>What to do?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.