[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Old Bone Quest 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 1
File: skeleton.jpg (118 KB, 500x773) Image search: [Google]
skeleton.jpg
118 KB, 500x773
twitter: https://twitter.com/GrimmQM
Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Old%20Bone

Our second case is yet to be finished, Things are looking good after using my neighbor's hound to sniff out more evidence, i haven't talked to Helldew's clients just yet.
>>
Paper had done his work,I had to repay him somehow, i went to a grocery and bought some snacks for him and loads of Milk, I got about 850$ left. Not Bad. Skeletons, unlike most races, have few diseases/injuries. Soaking up in a bathtub full of milk usually does the job, it will take a few hours, yeah but our bones will feel like new.

Stay in Milk for too long...and we will have another story. It is the most preferred method for Skeletal suicides; Take a dip, chill and have every joint, hole in your body clogged up by newly formed bone, spooky, Isn't it? Though i did heard some stories about Skeletons who survived getting milked. The most Infamous of them all Ribby Al Consto, A Mobster who is big in Flesh suits, he 'owns' half of the brands in the market but that is a story for another day; you are here for the case, right?

I returned Paper back to Miss Simley and headed back to my apartment. Pesk made one of the best Milk baths i have ever gotten; the density and the temperature of the milk were just right. he owe such an experience to one of his previous masters. He didn't want to talk about it.

The next day started with an unusual visit, An Ice Eles in fine gentlemen's clothes knocked on my door, i failed to see how he was called sexy "Detective Grim? I am Sir James Frozenwright the third, can i come in?"

"Usually it is the other way around but sure, come in, you are the first to set a foot in my office." he wasn't in the mood for any sidetalks. It was understandable.

We sat down, Pesk brought some Wizened tea for our guest/suspect. The Eles took the initiative first "Ranula....she told me about-" he paused, swallowing his pain "I am here to help you in your case, detective. I will start with myself and then we will discuss Helldew's other clients. The Kulshikun who did this must suffer for it."

This guy just saved a lot of time for me. I have a lot of questions to ask, better take them one at a time,nice and slow.

>Ask him about____
>>
>>46859805
Ask him about the Helleye. Have the victim ever told him who was it from?

Also ask about what he was teaching exactly to her
>>
>>46859929
Supporting.
>>
>>46859929
>>46859982
"yes, the Reqish Malafor. It is not mine if that is your question, detective. She doesn't seem to remember the one who gave it to her; the earliest memory she could grasp was the days of confinement she had to suffer while being illegally shipped with countless Eles on a boat. the boat sank and she almost drowned in the ordeal. I should mention that the ring was getting pale, either her past 'lover' was dying or most likely her love for him was waning for obvious reasons..."

"Algebra, physics...you two were sure busy." James didn't like my remark but he replied nevertheless "Yes, I wanted to make something good out of her. i think she already knew all of these branches but, like i said, most of her memory was wiped out by the time she was washed up on the shore."

>Ask about____
>>
>>46860210
>Ask about Helldew's clients and what he thinks of them
>>
>>46860210
was she specifically interested in these subjects, and she chose them herself? If so, did she ever said why?

At any point did he recognize any change in her usual behaviour?

Melissa and Firehand have confessed about some plan to make him James dislike her. Did anything of the sort happened?

Finally, ask to check his hand. and see if his hand is big enough to leave the sort of smudge we found on the Eles's lips.
>>
>>46860305
>>46860305
>>46860333
"Round up all the clients, including yourself, James."

The Eles took a deep breath "Well, you got me, Python, Fariah, Locust and Abraham. A for myself , i was born and raised here, my family had some royal blood in them back in Yiropia hence my 'title'.Everyone loved me for my wealth but none truly loved me for what i am. I satisfied my lust for flesh in Ranula's establishment. Even that was bland, lifeless..."

James took a brief sip "that was until i met Helldew, our sex session slowly began to change to something else, something more noble. She always said that she had to repay her debt to Ranula....three years."

He continued " Fariah was a spider, just like Ranula. Only bigger, she had to use her innate and rare Arachnid spells to get in and out of rooms. Of all of Helldew's clients, she was the worst when it came to fetishes. I felt she had some bad influence on Helldew so I...deposit a large sum of cash, in return, She had to cut all contacts with Helldew."

"And Abraham?"

"A human with no manners, He had some sort of a deal with Ranula. The most arrogant of the bunch, he had no need for money even when he was poorer than dirt, he kept refusing my generous offers. I think he was doing it out of spite."

"And the last two?"

"Locust was an orc whose wife died recently, I am not inclined to make deals with former mobsters. Despite his menacing look, Helldew always spoke nice of him. As for python, he was Skeleton obsessed with Helldew, he used to live in his car after squandering all of his money on Helldew. I pity him, really."

Cont.
>>
"Ranula and her boys usually choose the clients for the girls. Any girl can refuse any client given the reason for it. Helldew took them all, she felt like she was obliged to do so to show her gratitude to Ranula."

"Any recent change in her behavior?"

"No, no, not in a bad way...thing were getting better between the two of us." his answer was honest and true.

"Did you know that Melissa and Firehand were trying to sabotage the relation between the two of you?"

James was surprised "No, why would they?" he paused for a second, realizing the answer to his question "They would have fail either ways."

"May i see your hands?" as expected, The Eles was confused "Why?"

"Checking on something." He did extend his hand, it was cold as a corpse. Soft, Slim, hasn't seen a hard day. No, it can't be him. It would have made my life easier.

"Are we done here detective?"

>Ask him about____
>End the visit
>Other
>>
>>46860333
>>46860305
>>46860676
>>
>>46860676
>she had to use her innate and rare Arachnid spells to get in and out of rooms
ask for specifics. It's either in connection with the blue teleportation powder we found, and we got a lead, or it isn't and we can cross Fariah off the list.
>>
>>46860751
+1
>>
>>46860751
>>46860786
"As you know, magic is heavily regulated here in Old paradise, I have no doubt that her parents went through a lot of trouble to give her a license for it. This spell naturally comes with large spider in most cases. Very,very short distance, we are talking about 2-6 feet maximum. it isn't impressive as other means of teleportations."

>Ask him about____
>End the visit
>Other
>>
>>46860921
I dunnow, should we mention him the power and ask if he knows where one could get it?
I am sorta out of ideas
>>
>>46861015
I told James about the powder, He was taken back a little "Raskov powder? who would-"

He fell silent for a moment before continuing "Wartime docks, it is our only hope. I know someone who might help us. Or.... Raktar undergutter but we are talking about heading to a place where thugs and gangs roam. I can see no other way for the powder to come here but those two outlets."

>Pay a visit to your brother to enter the undergutter
>Go with James to the docks
>Other
>>
>>46861243
>Go with James to the docks
>Other
Call that Ork bouncer Uargag, and ask if his offer to help out in the case still stands.
I don't want to involve family in the business. Especially not because we haven't visited them yet, and we don't want to be the family member who only appears when he needs something
>>
>>46861337
I wanted to bring the bouncer with us but James said there was no need; his chauffeur was also his bodyguard. A human he was, ugh.

As expected the car was luxurious, I sat next to the driver while James sat by himself in his own privacy.

Wartime docks has a lot of history in it. It has seen so much battles that it was renamed Wartime instead of its previous name which few recall.

It was a busy day; shipments, workers, noises all tangled up in one steamy mess. James and his bodyguard headed for the customs office.

"Wait here." I sensed an order in his words. I couldn't expect less for someone who bossed a lot of people around.

>Wait
>Go with him
>Other
>>
>>46861337
looks like the other anon has left. Shame
>>
>>46861662
Should we keep going or wait a bit?
>>
>>46861662
I'm still here. I went to get pizza.
>Go with him
>>
>>46861703
let's continue, if you are to leave as well -which is fine- please do say so
>>
>>46861636
>Go with him
Sorry pal, nosing around is my job as a detective.

Even tough I have no nose to speak of.
>>
>>46861764
welcome back.
>>46861820
>>46861820
"The woman i know is very picky on this matter, detective. We are on the same boat here, please wait here."

>Wait
>Go with him
>Other
>>
>>46861898
>Wait
Very well, I'll wait.
>>
>>46861898
>Wait
Fine, but if I don't hear about you in 10 minutes, I am assuming the worst, will act accordingly
>>
>>46862019
>>46862077
I waited for a long time, if my memory serves me right, i almost clocked an hour.

He eventually came out with a glimmer of hope. he gave me an address in Idol square. An abandoned building. I can see it in his eyes, he wants to get to the bottom of this. I think he wants to kill the guy. His bodyguard looks tough...hmmm.

>Take it from here, Ask James and his bodyguard to leave
>Have him on your side in this ordeal
>Other
>>
>>46862237
>Take it from here, Ask James and his bodyguard to leave
His anger will be hinder him.
>>
>>46862328
You sure?
Our client asked the guy to either be killed, or brought to her so she can rip it to pieces.

All I know I want to keep our hands clean and stick to the detective job instead of the hitmen one. That of course is still possible with both options, so I am fine with it if you are
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>46862328
>>46862372
>>
"You..." he tried to contain his anger "you can't do this."

"Yes i can, Just trust me, Ranula has some plans for him. You don't want to bear the guilt if this guy wasn't the one who killed her."

He heeded my words "I expect good news by tomorrow, don't disappointment me. Detective."

This is it, it was time to comfort the killer. I took a cab to Idol's square. The driver was getting married in a week, he was overly excited for it. Good for him, I wished him the best of luck in his next stage of life.

I reached my destination, I drew out my .38 and took very cautions steps onwards. The powder was sent on the seventh floor, i admire the courier's dedication to climb to these empty and lifeless stairs and hallways.

I see some limped footprints in the dust riddled floor, I hear some old music, something from Yiropia for sure resonating from this apartment.

>Knock on the door
>Barge into the apartment
>Call whoever is inside
>Other
>>
How do you want this to go down, other Anon? I'm stumped here.
>>
>>46862746
I think we should barge in, and take him by suprise.

If this guy has some teleport powder left, and can snort some before he answers our call or knock, we'll never catch him.
>>
>>46862658
>>46862800
Then we barge in!
>>
>>46862658
>>
>>46862746
>>46862800
>>46862835
>>46862837
With all my strength, i barged into the apartment only to see a huge fire Eles in the kitchen cooking some fresh meat.

He looked calm, his left leg didn't look normal as were his left hand, In fact half of his body was a bit bigger than the other half, his veins were apparent and glowing. On his right cheek, he got the same tattoo of Helldew. a single horn sprouted out of his forehead. Hmmm, he does like a bastard to me. he wore an bright red amulet, it was flickering relentlessly.

I couldn't spot the Helleye but i can see a magnum jotting out of his pants.

"You could have knocked." his voice was distorted. yeah, he is a bastard alright. A Fire Eles and a demon, pretty interesting. He wasn't threatened by my .38 at all, he didn't reach for his gun as well.

>Shoot him
>Say something to him
>Other
>>
>>46863053
>Say something to him
I could have done many things, but it doesn't matter. What matters is what I will do from now on. And that depends on what you will do now. I ask you to slide that metal baby over here by the barrel.

Don't worry, this isn't a robbery, I'm just inspecting
>>
>>46863193
This sounds good.
>>
>>46863193
>>46863204
The bastard had a heartily laugh, i could see embers flickers away from his gaping maw. "You think if i wanted you dead, i would use this little gun? Nah, nah. It is all in the hands, Mr. Skeleton, they can gouge, rip and tear!"

He inspected me for a second "you are no moon, let's hear your side of the story first; i would love to hear some fine detective work."

>Explain very finding that ties him to the case
>Say something to him
>Shoot him
>Other
>>
>>46863313
>Explain very finding that ties him to the case
But be a bit vague about it.
>>
>>46863359
got no better idea myself
>>
>>46863359
>>46863377
"Someone teleported himself to some whore and a degenerate, put a bullet in the whor-"

"Enough!" his veins started to seep some fire "Do not call my sister a whore. Yes, i did kill her. I was her brother, the love of her life! we made bonds together when we were young, bonds of flesh, bonds of souls. i spent everything i own to get out of Yiropia; there was nothing good for her there. When I made enough money to arrive here, i couldn't find her....for months i was searching for her until i could feel my helleye fading. She...stopped loving me!"

The bastard shed some tear whilst talking "when i found her, i couldn't believe my eyes, my Helldew...in a whorehouse. But...but it is alright now...she will always by my side." he touched the amulet.

He looked at me "Detective, I have no quarrel with you but i won't hesitate to protect myself. Make your choice and make it now."

>Leave
>Shoot him
>say something to him
>other
>>
What to do? Can we take him on? I would like to trick him into going to the whorehouse.
>>
>>46863718
I dunnow, but I strictly maintain the standing that we are a detective, and not a manhunter.

How about we call James and Ranula, and only act if he tries to escape? Finding and identifying was the job, not bringing in.
We'll shoot legs at worst.
>>
>>46863612
Can we convince him to come to the whorehouse with us tell him he owes the owner money for damages and that why we are here?
>>
>>46863612
>>46863791
This is good call them and keep him here.
>>
>>46863791
Then I vote for this.
>>
>>46863791
>>46863795
>>46863817
>>46863836
"Well, just a heads up. Bluemoon isn't your primary concern." I lowered my .38 and turned my back.

"Yeah, I know..." there was nothing more to be said. As i took my first step downwards, i felt a tremble inside my pocket.

"Free soul....we need her soul."

My hands were acting on there own trying to grab my .38. I had no control, the world was sinking all around me.

>Surrender your will to the watchdog
>Resist ( d6 only a 6 will do)
>>
Rolled 2 (1d6)

>>46863973
>Resist
Oh fug.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d6)

>>46863973
>Resist
No bad, bad watchdog! We already got payed for this!
>>
>>46864071
So close. ;_;
>>
>>46864046
>>46864071
I tried to resist but it was overwhelming, i came shot him twice in the back, He took cover from the remaining three, good thing my aim was terrible.

"It wasn't me!" i screamed but it was too late, I have enraged the bastard, he spat a ball of liquid fire which i dodged. I was slowly regaining control on my body.

"The watchdog did this!" Again, i tried to reason with him but instead, he stood up and charged towards me.

I am to be the next Python in a matter of seconds.

>Say something to him
>Run
>Shoot him
>Other
>>
>>46864225
>Other
Grab the frying pan and throw at him then kick him in the hip bone from below
>>
>>46864342
I'm at a blank here so I go with your idea.
>>
>>46864408
so am I so I went with desperation
>>
>>46864342
>>46864408
>>46864468
I grabbed the first thing next to me and hit him with it.

I didn't notice the boiling oil in it as the splash burnt his right leg, he withered in pain, his distorted shriek (and the gun shot) has already alerted the residences in the area, like i said before , few moons patrol here so i won't be expecting any help from them.

In the struggle, the amulet was shattered , screams of agony and pain were sapped to my pocket mirror.

"HELLDEW NOOOOOOO! I will tear you apart!" He grabbed my by my skull, I could feel the immense pressure from his brute hands. With the last bullet in my .38 i had to shoot him in the chest, he had to let me go to clutch his bleeding chest.

i loaded my .38 with two bullet, my hands were shaking and trembling as i primed the gun on the bastard. I punctured his lungs, he was struggling to maintain his breath.

"Do it." he didn't look at me in the eye "you have taken everything from me...."

>Pull the trigger
>Walk away.
>>
>>46864726
>Walk away.
>>
>>46864726
>Walk away
this didn't go how it should have
>>
>>46864748
>>46864824
I couldn't do it.

My brother would have, he was a hitman for hire but not me. I walked away. My mind was racing for a decision; should i call an ambulance for him? James? Ranula? Bluemoon? do nothing?

Everything went downhill thanks to my Mirror.

>Call Ranula
>Call Ambulance
>Call James
>Call Bluemoons
>Call none
>>
>>46864906
>Call Ambulance
Detective! not bounty hunter!
>>
>>46864906
>Call Ambulance
>>
>>46864906
>Call Ranula
>>
>>46864954
>>46864983
I went to the nearest booth and called the ambulance, i gave them the address and then i bolted out of there,

I went back to Ranula. She wasn't pleased with my act of cowardice, killing him will require more resources now that he will be in a hospital. she handled me 2 stacks and kicked me out of the place. It was understandable.

I sat by myself on the pavement, I could hear Helldew...screaming in pain and dismay until She fades into nothingness.

Case is closed.

And that's it. Make sure to follow my twitter to keep yourself updated.
>>
>>46865203
Thank you for running. It was intense.
>>
>>46865203
Thanks for running.
I am not sure how to value this whole case.
>>
>>46865271
I think I'll go with 4/10 on the " we fucked up" side
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.