[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #802: WAAAGH! Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61
File: JC OP.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
JC OP.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46846900
>>
>>46859775
WAAAGH! CRUSH'EM UNDER DA DEFFROLLA!
>>
>>46859775
Da Ork Jump wehn?
>>
File: closet ghost.gif (873 KB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
closet ghost.gif
873 KB, 400x226
Have you ever been haunted, /jc/?
>>
>>46859432
it clearly says so, so yes you do need Sting, unlike how it was in the Japanese comic where he could manifest them inside of damn near anything
>>
>>46859775
Which Krew did you choose to race with for Da Kannonball Run? How did you get along with them? Do you still employ them as companions in later Jumps?
>>
>>46859925
No, because I AM the ghost, anon! Who you going to call? SOMEBODY ELSE, BECAUSE THE BUSTERS WENT AND GOT BUSTED! BWAHAHAHA!
>>
File: crispy.jpg (35 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
crispy.jpg
35 KB, 720x480
>>46859925
You clearly don't know who you are talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not haunted, anon. I am the ghost. A guy opens his closet and gets spooped and you think that of me? No. I am the one who spooks!
>>
File: bigfuckingarmmanwip2.png (1003 KB, 1200x1601) Image search: [Google]
bigfuckingarmmanwip2.png
1003 KB, 1200x1601
>>46859925
yes, it was horrible the thing is in my original life I grew up with ghosts since haunted apartments are what my family can afford, so I'm not afraid of them inherently but this one kept punching me in the balls! Random cock punching for 10 years what the hell happened to this poor soul!
>>
File: Nope, no one here.jpg (13 KB, 236x298) Image search: [Google]
Nope, no one here.jpg
13 KB, 236x298
>>46860066
Get out of here Voldemort, you can't even figure out Harry Potter's disguises, much less spook.
>>
>>46859987
I ran with the Dust Rats, but only because they fit the Imperial Guard theme I had been sticking with through the Jump. I bought a bunch of extra Orks and vehicles to make myself a whole Mad Max style caravan and spent more of the race assaulting other drivers than actually racing. Went the whole nine-yards with Dozer Blades and Big Metal Spikes Everywhere and myself launching "Witness Me!" style leaps onto enemy vehicles to slash away with Black Death.

... I was also mildly delusional and insane from a cocktail of combat stims during most of Da Kannonball Run, so it's possible I imagined most of that and spent most of the race zonked out in the back of the SSV. Unlikely, but possible.

>>46859925
Nah. Ghost are easy to deal with. A few Dark attacks and they're toast.
>>
>>46859432
As far as I know the Bookmaker screw is a physical object that actually pierces the opponent, it simply doesn't deal physical damage. Guess that makes it conceptual the moment it has hit?
Anyway. Yes, Bookmaker can be blocked, be it by physical objects, magical/psychic powers or the like, so combining it with Sting would be a huge advantage.
>>
>>46860345
Ah, okay. Thanks.
>>
File: Leg_Eating_Forest.png (186 KB, 854x591) Image search: [Google]
Leg_Eating_Forest.png
186 KB, 854x591
>>46860389
well yeah but it also says it's pretty much a hunk of iron which can't pierce through highend super materials and such without sting or some serious speed and torque. I think in the source material he also does some stuff like trapping a floor in a technique called leg eating forest. Pic related
>>
>>46860483
Point of order, it doesn't actually say anything about what the screw is made of. Screws can be made of just about anything, thus the previous confusion.
I looked at the wiki (I know, I know) and saw the original user pretty much ran on conceptual fiction-based screwery, and once the shounen flashbacks subsided I was back here, asking for clarification.
>>
Are there any rituals other than the Darkhallow that allow you to absorb aton of some type of energy to permanently increase your own power?
>>
>>46860846
if you're an angel from supernatural you can do what Cas did and eat purgatory. Although you're going to want some kind of reinforcement to your soul to keep you safe from all those nasties you just consumed.
>>
Speaking of the Darkhallow, is Hueco Mundo in Bleach a good place to use it?
>>
>>46860910
Actually, come to think of it, ASA said he used the Darkhallow to eat the monster souls and Leviathans, but in Supernatural, neither souls nor Leviathans can actually be destroyed...so does that mean he grafted millions of other minds into his own soul? Because that actually explains a lot, come to think of it.
>>
>>46860922
I'd say yeah, the stronger the souls the better.
>>
>>46860922
Considering the whole One Hollow > Shitton of Hollows > One Hollow Controlling a Shitton of Hollows > Effectively One Hollow progression... fuck if I know.

You might get some insane gains. You might get fuckall since you need more and more hollow juice to evolve.

Hollows are soul eating monstrosities, but starting at Adjuchas you need to check if they're still bad guys or you're evil and will kick the ass of everyone until you explain your powers for some reason then some guy will beat you and explain his powers but then you'll beat him and then Ichigo uses Getsuga Tenshou and now you're dead.
>>
>>46860976
Souls being indestructible in Supernatural brings up an interesting question.
Demons are human souls that have been jailbroken through pain.
So what happens when Sam and Dean stabbed all those demons with that demon killing blade.
Did they truly get destroyed, or just teleported back to Hell?
The way demons in the know reacted to Sam and Dean when they had it suggests that it might be former.
>>
>>46860922
No, because the Darkhallow is dependent on a particular quirk of metaphysics of the Dresden Files universe. And it's not the sort of metaphysics-dependency that Jumpchain fiat can deal with. It can only be cast on the day when the boundaries between the concepts of "mortal" and "immortal" blur, that's a more specific condition than just having access to a particular form of magical energy. It would be something more like trying to cast a spell that can only be cast at night during the day. If you wanted to cast it in Bleach, you'd need the presence of a similar boundary-blurrer. The Hougyoku would work, or possibly Yhwach.
>>
>>46861094
No, they're explicitly destroyed. Always annoyed me, too, since Death made a big deal about how even he can't truly destroy a soul

Just bad writing.
>>
>>46861096
I mean, it's used on Halloween because the boundary between different levels of mortality and between mantels in blurred. So you couldn't use it to become a literal god, but there's nothing saying you couldn't just eat a ton of souls to become god-like but still technically mortal super-wizard.
>>
>>46861096
I've been lead to believe you can still use the base thing to just sort of stick souls and spirit juice onto yourself, even if the potential increase in power is nowhere near as high as if you did it in Dresden at the appropriate time.

If that's wrong, then goddammit.
>>
>>46861125
...Not that anon, but isn't there that one perk from the Total Drama Island that averts the whole character flanderization/derailment or something like that? You think that would work in Supernatural to avert a lot of bullshit?
>>
>>46861199
Sadly I think that just maintains personalities, not vast retcons to reality.
>>
>>46861199
I don't even know, man. Supernatural, after the Apocalypse, is just just pure tumblr fanservice and more ridiculous villain scaling than Naruto. You may could fix some of it, but I doubt you'll fix it all.
>>
>>46861125
What about angels?
They can be killed by an angel blade, but what happens when you remove their Grace?
The Grace-less ones talk like they've been turned -into- humans, rather than just being crippled.
Could you turn an angel into a demon by tearing out their Grace and torturing them for long enough?
And what happens if you try to restore their Grace after that?

I'm honestly not expecting answers to these questions, I'm just thinking out loud.
>>
>>46861255
Repeat after me: Bad writing is bad.

The writers never stopped to think how any of it works, and often contradict the few actual given explanations.
>>
>>46861230
Yeah, I just checked it out. The retcons stay, unfortunately.
>>46861237
This is sadly true, though I think we all agreed that the Darkness is a post-Spark jumper with Cosmic Fact allowing her to retcon herself into existence.
>>
Still looking at Generic Dungeon Crawl, does the MacGuffin replenish ever or is it a one time deal?
>>
>>46861300
...Oh god. Jumpers are literally the worst thing to ever happen to the omniverse.
>>
File: Voldewho.jpg (85 KB, 1024x703) Image search: [Google]
Voldewho.jpg
85 KB, 1024x703
>>46860136
Voldemort? I don't see any Voldemort around here. Does anyone see a Voldemort around here?
>>
>>46861294
I'm still gonna try this shit, just for the SCIENCE!
Except for the 'torturing angels' thing.
I'll just tear out an asshole angel's Grace and try to bond it to a legit human or demon. Or maybe a monster. I haven't decided yet.
>>
>>46861326
Drive is being fiddly so I can't check the jump to make sure, but since it's pretty much designed to solve literally any situation, I don't think so. Plus, I'm pretty sure it points out that it permanently becomes the thing, so even if it replenished you wouldn't be able to meaningfully use it again.
>>
>>46860976
Well, Cas is an angel- they essentially can gain souls to gain power, like dark binding. Leviathans are about the only thing that don't explicitly have souls- they're something else entirely, and powerful enough to resist being absorbed by an archangel, and (possibly) too powerful to be wiped out by God.

Souls bounce back from near nothing after a few days, unless something really /really/ bad happens (something plot related)

Demons and angels can be killed, humans just go up (to heaven for a perpetual 'meh, this is ok') or down (and are tortured into being a demon) That said, Angels just juiced up souls created by God, and demons are just human souls tortured into demons.

>>46861255
Graceless angels turn into humans.
Yes, angels could be turned into demons in this way. Probably.
It would not work- the grace would have nowhere to go, because a human soul is structured and orderly while a demon's soul is painfully twisted and into an almost unrecognizable mess.

Demons can be cured as well- whether that would allow for the replacement of grace, i have no idea.
>>
>>46861365
I mean, it's edgy as shit, but plenty of Supernatural angels actually deserve torture.
>>
>>46861389
Actually, I wonder, can an angel steal a higher-tier angel's grace? Could a jumper go angel and steal an archangel's power?
>>
>>46861389
Do Pagan Gods have souls?
>>
>>46861343
Oh, well then you won't be insulted by this, then.
>>
>>46861187
You're not wrong, that anon is just being anal about his assumptions vs other people's.
>>
>>46861480
To be fair, doesn't Voldemort hate his parents anyway?
>>
File: mfw.png (652 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
652 KB, 1440x900
>>46861480
MY PARENTS ARE DEEEEEEAD

GO BACK TO SMOOCHING HITLER'S CHIEF WIZARD, DUMBLEDORE
>>
>>46861484
Only if you mean that I assumed he was going for the godhood ascension and not just eating souls to boost power. I jumped to conclusions, I admit that, but it's not my intent to force my interpretation onto other people.
>>
>>46861169
>>46861096

Based on this Dragon Age was actually a really good pick to pull a Darkhallow in. Not only is the Fade, a combo of an afterlife and collective unconsciousness zone without the Warp's degree of danger, around to provide lots of souls as fuel, but there are two very potent sources of dormant divinity around: The Old Gods, which look like dragons, can be overcome by the Darkspawn/Grey Wardens and are implied to be powerful Fade spirits that somehow gained physical form, and the Titans, huge underground beings which secrete lyrium as blood.
>>
>>46861503
Probably, but I think he hates everyone.
>>46861514
AHA! I KNEW IT WAS YOU, I COULD SMELL IT! But you wouldn't nose anything about smelling anyway, would you?
>>
File: 1.jpg (258 KB, 500x537) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
258 KB, 500x537
>>46861546
Who wouldn't know what now?
>>
>>46861543
Actually, since souls are constantly connected to the Fade, doesn't that mean he killed a ton of people?

>and the Titans
...Huh? Never heard anything about them.
>>
>>46861574
You've got unlimited dark power and could look like literally anything you want, and yet you chose "pedophile with leukemia". I don't get you, Tom.
>>
>>46861597
They showed up in Inquisition DLC.
>>
File: Because he's worth it.jpg (21 KB, 460x306) Image search: [Google]
Because he's worth it.jpg
21 KB, 460x306
>>46861574
You know what's funny? You either get fabulous hair, or a nose. You can never have both.
>>
So with the current conversation going on, am I to assume /jc/ in general just doesn't adhere to Rule 1: Don't Be A Dick?

Because Darkhallow sounds very much like a violation of Not Being A Dick.
>>
>>46861600
Cracked has gone to shit, but that was actually pretty funny.
>>
>>46861663
Hey, it's not being a dick if you're eating evil demon monsters anon.
>>
>>46861663
Eh, it depends. Some places are improved by omnicide.
>>
>>46861698
Just because you're targeting dicks doesn't mean you're not being a dick.
>>
>>46861724
They were going to eat me anyway. It's pre-emptive retaliation.
>>
>>46861597
Most likely not; it's more that the Fade ARISES from souls' power, the demons and spirits alike are kinda like Warp entities but less actively malevolent. In DF terms they would be more analoguous to the spirits of the Nevernever, or even ghosts. It's not clear what happens to souls on death but it's implied they pass throuh the Fade rather than stay there.

And the Titans are gigantic, biomechanical...things apparently born from the earth itself. Only the dorfs seem to know anything about them, but the fact that small extracts of their blood make up the ENTIRE magic system of the setting and drive folks to insanity and addiction says a lot about how powerful these things are.
>>
File: 1276366455783.gif (771 KB, 318x238) Image search: [Google]
1276366455783.gif
771 KB, 318x238
>>46861663
>everyone's talking about Darkhallows
>just sucking up souls like a slurpee
>mfw I'm sitting here with Cheat Mode: Fire Ant (Water)
>it literally turns your body into an alchemy machine but you can also do shit like fuse it to your own blood
>mfw I'm just grabbing various different potions and magical waters to mix and augment inside myself
>mfw the more this happens the more things escalate
>mfw I don't have to slaughter a single soul to keep climbing in ability
Feels good, man.
>>
>>46861741
Yeah, but all souls are actually I'm the Fade, right? That's why mages get possessed and why people go their when they sleep.

It's also why tranquils are like they are; they're cut off from the warp and therefore their soul and magic.
>>
File: 250px-697Tyrantrum.png (54 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-697Tyrantrum.png
54 KB, 250x250
>>46861786
I picked up Earth via Fire Ant, but I'm not even sure what's happened since then.
>>
>>46861802
Well that progression system goes soil -> stone -> metal -> supernatural stone -> supernatural metals, etc. ad nauseum, so you've got a buffet line in WoW alone.
>>
>>46861786
>Cheat Mode: Fire Ant (Water)
What's that from?
>>
>>46861786
>going for Fire Ant at all
>not going Ant Man, using technopathy to fuse with megastructures, then shrink them down to human scale while retaining their power
Get on my level, Red!
>>
File: happy snek.gif (309 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
happy snek.gif
309 KB, 500x281
>>46861821
>mfw spent enough time gathering plants there for alchemy/herbalism that I probably ran across that stuff too

welp
>>
>>46861663
Most jumpers are edgier than bismuth and proud.
>>
>>46861786
What? No, it only lets you control water/boost water abilities, where are you getting the stuff about having an alchemy factory body from?
>>
>>46861854
It lets you absorb and assimilate the properties of fluids you consume.
>>
>>46861828
Sim-Ants.

Has three other options to choose from, can only buy once. Earth lets you incorporate soils, stones, and metals into your biology, Wood lets you incorporate plantlife into your biology, and I forget what Fire does.

>>46861854
Water – You gain aquatic attributes. You can freely breath under water,
shoot jets and bullets of water as long as you have some stored up, and swim
through water at your normal pace. With enough practice you can even extend this
property to Ice and skate along it, burrow through it and coat yourself in it.

In time, you can learn to store other liquids in your body to use, mix,
separate or secrete as needed. You are not inherently immune to what you
consume. Over time you gain a fluid like flexibility letting you contort, twist and
enlarge or shrink your body like a balloon based on stored fluids.

Read the text, esé.

>use, mix, separate, or secrete as needed
>>
>>46861854
>In time you can learn to store other liquids in your body to use, mix, separate or secrete as needed.
>>
You all have some serious eating disorders.
>>
>>46859987
I brought about eight Orks home from that, not including the Slagshifta's. They make for really loud, fun muscle. Or drinking buddies.
>>
>>46861912
Technically in some of their cases it would be a drinking problem.
>>
File: 1416811737865.png (51 KB, 159x200) Image search: [Google]
1416811737865.png
51 KB, 159x200
>>46861828
SimAnts.

>Water – You gain aquatic attributes. You can freely breath under water, shoot jets and bullets of water as long as you have some stored up, and swim through water at your normal pace. With enough practice you can even extend this property to Ice and skate along it, burrow through it and coat yourself in it. In time, you can learn to store other liquids in your body to use, mix, separate or secrete as needed. You are not inherently immune to what you consume. Over time you gain a fluid like flexibility letting you contort, twist and enlarge or shrink your body like a balloon based on stored fluids.

Couple this with shit like Adaptive Body from God of War or Magical Body from Elona? Yeah.

>>46861839
Um, hello? Well water?

>>46861854
Look at the text description.

>>46861912
>You all have some serious eating disorders.
>mfw
>>
>>46861912
The souls won't make my spirit fat if I vomit them back up.
>>
>>46861454
What defines an angel vs an archangel is very shaky. More than anything it's a title for a very powerful angel. So probably? roll a d6. 1-5 means yes, 6 means no.
>>46861473
Not really- They're in the 'something else entirely'. They're actual gods, just really shitty ones cucked by monotheism. Does Zeus have a soul? There's your answer. (probably not)
>>
>>46861979
Weren't they actually hanging around earth before God and the angels came and kicked them out? Somehow.
>>
>>46861955
>Um, hello? Well water?
You mean that gross pond sludge you've got out by your vegetable patch? I hardly see how that compares.
>>
youngjusticeanon can i apply amazo to sting? I kinda want to give my super weapon perfect aim and unblockable rounds.
>>
>>46861839
Yes, someone else who does that! Through I'm more a souped-up kaiju/megastructure hybrid... Cyborg kaiju best kaiju.
>>
Any perks to wipe bits of memory? not suppress i want them gone and i cannot do it naturally anymore.
>>
File: 1263250337734.jpg (9 KB, 206x251) Image search: [Google]
1263250337734.jpg
9 KB, 206x251
>>46862032
>You mean that gross pond sludge you've got out by your vegetable patch? I hardly see how that compares.
Well fuck you too m8
>>
>>46862152
Great Detective has Got it Memorized, which grants both perfect memory and the option to delete 'data'.
>>
>>46862154
I didn't know that other anon was Dante. After all, he made the devil cry.
>>
>>46862152
Go to Harry Potter and get the memory spell expert. Just be very careful when you're obliviating yourself, or alternately, have a companion do it that you can trust. Then you can obliviate them of the memory of obliviating you, and... yeah.
>>
>>46862152
If you've got some time, you can always use Modify Memory, a Bard spell from Forgotten Realms. You can permanently wipe out 5 minutes of memories at a time and it's gone forever.
>>
>>46862152
Just go to Harry Potter, besides the memory removal spell they showed Snape using a Pensieve to store memories that he didn't want Harry to see during the Occlumency lessons.
>>
>>46862014
Yeah. IIRC pegan gods require followers to be powerful at all. That's how the Winchesters took down the scarecrow/harvest god. Then again it kinda depends on the god- a pissant harvest god is nothing compared to Zeus or Odin, but even they were underpowered because of a lack of believers.
>>
File: antispiralhuman3.jpg (24 KB, 459x279) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman3.jpg
24 KB, 459x279
Aw geeze, I'm kinda embarrassed the Darkhallow's still being brought up after all this time. It was a minor thing from early on that probably didn't work as well as advertised what with the quantity over quality thing

>>46860846
Age of Ice has one, actually-although only one guy knows it. It seems to be basically another Darkhallow actually, and seems to require similar conditions i.e. for a god which in Erebus is actually basically an archangel, except God thinks they're all fuckups and has basically abandoned them so they declared themselves gods to be dead, so you can "inherit" its' mantle through the sacrifice of your civilisation's lifeforce.

But yeah, really inefficient and resource intensive, probably not worth it.

>>46859925
Loads of times. The first was technically Ravenloft, and the most recent Devil Survivors 2. And it was less "haunted" and more "attended their tea parties" because both times it was little girl ghosts.

>>46859987
The Slagshiftas. They were the least insufferable for our withdraw-ravaged existence during that awful period in our life. As a psychic vampire fire elemental robot, we were about as un-orky as it's possible to be without actually being a grot so we just focused on the race while the orks focused on the dakka. After the race we kinda got super drunk (kept just enough of our liver for this express purpose) and kinda lost contact after the bar burned down.
>>
>>46862352
Does that mean if you're a Pagan God, and you get a bunch of people to worship you, you can get to mythological levels?
>>
>>46862374
Sorry, that's my fault. I just find the idea of the Darkhallow as an ascension ritual intriguing. Not enough to give up my free will, but if I could just use it to cannibalize some evil spirits for power without the actual godhood, that'd work for me.
>>
>>46862352
Even with 0 worshippers, they still always retain immortality, superhuman physical abilities, and a little bit of power over whatever they're god of, right?
>>
>>46859925
umm.... very much yes... It was Ravenloft. I had the spirit in the stone, I got knocked unconscious in a place where it was real bad to be unconscious.
The spirit not wanting me to die tried to possess me. Normally that would be impossible for her but it's Ravenloft so it worked...(She failed a power check) only she couldn't get back out afterwords. In fact her stone crumbled to dust. So we shared a body for a bit.
Though she felt very bad about it she was kind of happy to have a body again. I let her stay for a few jumps after that until I got to a jump where I could import her in her getting her a body of her own.
So yeah for a while my body was haunted.
>>
After jumping Libriomancer and picking up a Fire Spider, I'm realizing i've collected too many familiars.

Here's my question as I try to trim down the list - what familiars do you have, Jumpers and Jumpettes, and how do you manage them?
>>
>>46862210
I totally forgot the delete bit i've had it way too long
>>
>>46862742
Not exactly what you're looking for, but my jumper has been using wind manipulation to pretend that he has a ghost dog for the last few jumps.
>>
File: antispiralhuman1.png (60 KB, 704x478) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman1.png
60 KB, 704x478
>>46862558
Actually if all you wanna do is eat evil spirits you don't even need to go as far as the Darkhallow; that runs the risk of it blowing up iny our face if you make a mistake.

The Corpsetaker('s ghost) ate loads of psychotic poltergeists in order to recover her physical body and some of her magical powers, so if you don't need the ginormous population-devouring tornado you just gotta get Blood, Bone and Heart and study Kemmler's brand of necromancy. Then set up a less wide-ranging and efficient ritual more suited to disassembling spirits more powerful than you individually than exploiting a metaphysical condition. Harry bound the Erlking to a circle, and he basically has both of the 300 CP practitioner perks as well as the Wizard background.

>>46862742
We...don't have that many, we mainly make all kinds of on-the-fly magical AIs that blur the line between living spells and quantum holograms.

As for the psychic spiders, those just kind of show up whenever we're in a certain mood.
>>
>>46862824
>whenever we're in a certain mood.

Given your choices in Skullduggery, I can take one guess and likely be right on the money.
>>
>>46862824
Could I find those books in-setting if I don't have the CP to spend on it? And isn't Necromancy corruptive?
>>
>>46862742
I don't really do familiars.
The only one I kept around was my owl from Harry Potter, Sir Remington Von Hoffnung.
>>
>>46862742
I have exactly 1 familiar and they have full companion status my grey wolf borrs. He flies, controls the wind and gravity, and thinks in a distinctly inhuman manner.
>>
>>46862513
Ask the jump maker, That's their ruling. I'd say probably not.
>>46862600
Yeah. Jumpers going Pagan god leaves a lot to fanwank- There's no real standard as to what exactly you can do, do i'd assume you'd be limited to what you can actually buy, rather than being an angel but crippled if you don't buy all the perks.(smite and soul channeling)

That's probably why Pagan Gods have more capstones/ high cp perks than Angels.
>>
>>46862742
As far as actual familiars go, I've got a stereotypical witch's black cat, a phoenix, and a pseudodragon. Mostly I just let them roam around my places, excluding the dangerous bits of course. I treat them more like normal pets than special magic familiars.

My darkings may count too, depending on definition. Those mostly bob around and watch stuff going on. And there's my tiny angel, who sings my praises from her gilded cage. She's nice.
>>
>>46863016
Is the Jumpmaker still around. The Supernatural jump is really unclear on a lot of things.
>>
Do you think it would be better to keep the Animorph's ability or just finally set my base form to a buffed comic!Superman. Having the latter as a morph form saved me in Young Justice, but, eh.
>>
File: Antispirallook.png (373 KB, 764x684) Image search: [Google]
Antispirallook.png
373 KB, 764x684
>>46862902
Not sure. They seem to have had a very limited printing considering Kemmler only has 2 confirmed apprentices (the jury's out on exact what Cowl and Kumori are, but as of White Night they seem to have contacts among the Outsiders) and they all act like they're big deals. The White Council went through a lot of effort to make sure Kemmler and his legacy stayed dead, permanently, because he was dangerous enough to threaten them by himself.

And oh yes, if you inflict it on mortals. Well. There's...Kumori who heals a dude with it. That seems to be a grey area. Harry revives a dinosaur as a zombie with no trouble, though.

>>46862887
Anon even if you were right in implying what you're implying why on earth would summoning psychic spiders out of thin air correspond to THAT?
>>
>>46862152
Gravity Rush has a nondiscounted perk for this that lets you purge them forever in exchange for power.

>>46862154
It's okay, Red. Even if they don't appreciate it, the baby primordial you've been using the blood of appreciates you. Probably. Nana Red.

>>46862742
I use Mushoku Tensei's summoning arrays to create temporary familiars at varying levels of power that exist for up to a day or when their life force/magic runs out. Could create permanent ones just under my own level of power and use Perugius' trick to keep them/resummon them with memories but I haven't had time to sit down and write them out/think them up so I haven't yet.
>>
>>46863111
Actually, doulnt Capiocorpus' ghost only eat the other ghosts because she was a ghost herself? And I thought her plan was to possess Mort instead of making a physical body for herself.
>>
>>46863111
>Child of the Spider
>400 CP
>...Why would you want this? Seriously, this is just eugh. Whatever. Your spider fetish has granted you two abilities. You can now summon and control huge hordes of spiders, and transform into a giant, truck-sized spider yourself. Have fun, you weirdo.

>your fetish

Your grave. You dug it this time.
>>
>>46863094
Depends on how you do things. You could just as easily sacrifice an altform for it and just stay in it. But that only works for me because of how I wank forms to work. That is, my base form is base in name only, as it is treated as a human altform once I get anything else.

I think E.V.O. has a thing to do with forms, probably for Drop-In, so you could look into that.
>>
>>46863111
So using Necromancy to eat Bleach Hollows or some random demons from another setting wouldn't have the corruptive efect of raising an army of zombies?
>>
>>46863190
To be fair, that was mostly a joke.

The Children of the Spider are all seriously weird and creepy, though. So I wouldn't be surprised if they did have a spider fetish.
>>
>>46862742
I just have one - a pet dog who I import whenever there's an animal companion import option and don't if there isn't.
>>
Before I do the Monster Hunter Jump, I'd really like to play one of the games to get a feel for the world. Which one would you all recommend?
>>
File: lain1.jpg (406 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
lain1.jpg
406 KB, 1600x1200
Help me, /jc/. I want to be omniscient: feel everything, process everything, know everything. How do I achieve this?
>>
File: Antispiralindisguise.jpg (93 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Antispiralindisguise.jpg
93 KB, 640x360
>>46863190
Woot woot, >>46863239 to the rescue

>>46863199
Yep. DF is big on the impact of mortal free will, whereas supernaturals are basically acceptable targets.

So you don't have to worry about your own magic poisoning your very being, just the issue of breaking down and integrating some sort of creepy undead thing into yourself, assuming you can figure out the ritual

>>46863168
True on both counts now that I think of it, but it did still let her reclaim her powers somewhat. Given Mort himself can allow ghosts to take him over and the Corpsetaker's primary magical whammy is described as a void effect it seems likely she could have done it even as a practitioner, with a more extensive magical powerset.
>>
>>46863323
Git gud.
If rather, git guddest
>>
>>46863323
Xhaolin showdown for the first part worm for the second. http://xiaolinpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Fountain_of_Hui

Choose compound computation in worm.
>>
>>46863358
Eh. I've stacked a bunch of anti-corruption perks. I'm sure it'll be fine. Probably.
>>
Speaking of the Dresden Files, how can I go about recreating the Archive?

Would Enhanced Mastery and a few decades of study be enough to create my own version?

If I give it to myself or a companion, would it carry over between jumps, or would I have to modify it to pick up knowledge in different worlds?
>>
>>46863323
fall in to the core in undertale
>>
How difficult would it be to uninstall the main power batter from the shard and put it on something else? Or even just install a duplicate of it and not the main battery.
>>
>>46863547
Anon if Gaster was omniscient he'd know how to get himself fixed. He doesn't.

Unless you were telling anon to kill himself in a creative way, which is understandable.
>>
>>46863567
I have no idea, but I know how to know. Import the shard as a ACU and it will give you enough information to bootstrap up to it, which should tell you how to make their own power batteries.
>>
>>46863641
...Speaking of Gaster, how in the hell are we supposed to beat the drawback involving him? Dude's not only spread across time and space, but he's also an even buffer Sans, if the theories and data mining is correct.
>>
>>46863679
I'm pretty sure that's why it's 600 points.
>>
>>46863447
The Archive is at least as old as Greek Mythology, and relies on a level of understanding of magic which hasn't existed since Merlin's day because it isn't had to exist since Merlin's day. So... I think you need more than a few decades.
>>
>>46863323
You're not getting there pre-Spark, probably.

Get Index from Index and the Boosted version of the... Drop-In? Captone from Gunwhatever Court. It's the one that pretty much throws forbidden knowledge at you. Index is so you don't go mad. Become an Angel in NGE, Ineffable type and spec into telepathy any time it comes up. Get the thing that lets you make imaginary machinery, NGE again, and figure out how Cerebro in X-Men works. Put the two on blast and scan the brains of everyone you can for info.

It's not the real deal, but it's a start.
>>
>>46863679
See if you can help Sans get his machine to work, or have other ways to communicate with things who don't exist. Then pray you have enough friendship perks.
>>
>>46863653
Already did the LoT as my ACU. Would just rather use that than the shard, more defense and space in the LoT
>>
>>46863679
You have to stack up on charisma and communication skills.

Personally I have Parasite Seeing from medaka box, which is singlehabdedly the BEST way to understand people and things, because you see how they see the world and their goals via eye contact.
I also have "You can be more" and "perfect communication skills" from Worm to further bolster my charisma. Also perks from the undertale jump under "Fallen Human" origin help you out.
>>
>>46863702
Well, with Enhanced Mastery, 30 years would be equivalent to 21,600 years.

But okay, how about using Reverse Engineering instead and convince Ivy to let you study the spells on her?
>>
>>46863641
knowledge does not necessarily include ability. He may very well know the process to put himself back together but require tools that are unavailable due to is inability to interact with the physical world.
However if you were able to combine knowledge of how the core worked and it's accident with the knowledge of how Doctor Manhattan came about (you would have to take your DC jump in the Watchmen movie universe.... which I don't think is allowed) you may be able to create some perfected process.... but more likely would end up very dead or wishing you were.
>>
>>46863789
Single-handedly*
>>
>>46863323
To know all that will, is and never will be would make existance meaningless. Why build wonders when you cannot be awe struck. Why innovate when you already know the furthest limit. Why exist when you realise that there is not purpose to existence.
>>
>>46861912
But I eat like a normal human being, most of the time.

I don't eat souls, or dirt, or anything like that.

>>46862152
Your Memories make you who you are, even the worst ones. Accept them.
>>
>>46863760
did you get the conversion ray? Spending a long jump scanning it might help as well. And if you imported any companions they can import it as their SACU
>>
File: AScontemplative.png (254 KB, 610x520) Image search: [Google]
AScontemplative.png
254 KB, 610x520
>>46863447
Um, at this point there honestly isn't enuogh information to answer that really. All that's known is the system involves a collectie memory passed down through several generations of women dating back to at least the ancient Greeks' Cassandra.

>>46863679
Lots of reality-enforcing abilities, lots of things that protect the concept of your existence, abilities/powers that can affect things that don't exist, abilities/powers that can affect things that are spread out across the space-time continuum and the DETERMINATION to see this nightmare through.

>theories and data mining

Eh, where? I thought all that yielded was some creepy glitch things you can talk to in the game.

>>46863810
Why do people think Gaster is omniscient anyway?
>>
>>46863842
Suppose but trying to make a computer understand the source would be rather difficult. At least I think that's where all the emotional powers are drawn from.
>>
>>46863866
>Suppose but trying to make a computer understand the source would be rather difficult. At least I think that's where all the emotional powers are drawn from.

Did you get mother box in DC? Or steal one in young justice? Those computers are powered by the source so if you hook them up to the part of the ACU that's doing the processing for the conversion ray it could have a decent chance
>>
>>46863866
It's ACU. According to all the wank it can replicate anything and everything, so just roll with it before they start beating you over the head with more posts.
>>
>>46863760
Nt the anon, but I'm sad no ones GAR enough to throw their Gurren Lagann mecha as an ACU, especially if you can import the Lagann as your LoT (but I dont know about the LoT jump, or if its even possible to import other vehicles as your ship)
>>
>>46863901
It can replicate anything it understands. Alien metaphysics aren't exactly understandable. Even the new gods couldn't do what the guardians did. Before you ask I do not remember the comic that's showed in. It does involve them stealing one of each ring in an attempt to take harness the life equation.
>>
>>46863679
actually speaking of undertale drawbacks how do you survive I'm not ready to let go? I had the idea of freeing the monsters before Frisk ever gets involved but I kind of would like to free Asriel too. He deserves another chance.
I just don't know how you change something when your stuck in a loop with all your memories being erased.
I am thinking maybe use Sans as a repository for information through the loops and then finally breaking the 4th wall just before you succeed and speaking to the "Player" themselves through Frisk and explaining it's time to let go.
>>
>>46863447

It's not quite the same, but I thought of something that seems like it would be similar.

First get Basic Cyberization from Ghost in the Shell. This gives you a computer connected to your brain. If you want make it a biological part of you using that option at the end of the jump.

Then go to Kim Possible and get Unknown Resources. This let's you almost effortlessly obtain information recorded anywhere electronic or otherwise as long as you have a computer.

Then add in some multitasking and maybe some perks that let you make extra personalities to do mental tasks. Possibly a few more built in computers just incase.

Not sure about having it get inherited, but it seem at least similar to the Archive.
>>
>>46862352
Wait, if it's due to lack of worshipers, then why was Kali piss-weak? Hindu deities still have plenty of worshippers.
>>
>>46863855
Creepy glitch things that tell you his story.
>>
>>46863908
LoT is just a jump to get the ship. I don't believe you can import a ship/vehicle to become the LoT.
>>
>>46863908
>but I dont know about the LoT jump, or if its even possible to import other vehicles as your ship
It isn't. But you could import the LoT as a Lagann mech after you give it a mech form.
>>
>>46863908
You can't import Lagann as the Light of Terra, but you can import the Light of Terra as a Lagann-class Ganmen. It won't have the drill generation, but it will be Spiral Power...powered, and be able to assimilate technology.
>>
>>46863892
I did but I didn't want an AI connected to me LoT, that would be heresy.
>>
How many jumps let you bro it up with the Norse gods? How many let you be a Norse God?
>>
>>46863800
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I mean there's some things you'll never be able to do even with enhanced mastery, because you need to make leaps rather than slow but steady progress. You'd need something like Doscovery of a Lifetime from Chrono Trigger to help with that. But studying Ivy could probably help you make those leaps - if she goes along with it.
>>
>>46863931
if memory serves Robo anon did say that it understands anything you import to the degree it understands stuff in the universe as well.
>>46863963
actually there's a lot of sweet stuff and that jump it's just a really high risk compared to the reward
>>46863984
yeah but it's not a chaos heresy it's just against the mandates of Mars so it's cool
>>
>>46863963
>>46863966

Damn, already did the Lagann jump, and I hate messing with the timestreams.

But Im pretty sure my mech should be able to integrate with it anyway, like they did with the ship in canon to cross the seas.
>>
>>46864003
Marvel cinematic lets you be an asgardian. Smite lets you become on I think. Percy Jackson makes you the son of one, there are others but I forget.
>>
>>46863931
>According to all the wank

You make a point with the first two statements, but come on. You've been in these threads. Would anyone seriously take that into consideration?

I mean look at your first responder, does he seem like the kind of person to take that detail into account given his track record? He's the average poster.
>>
>>46863818

Well technically if you were omniscient you would have a reason to do stuff.

That reason being that you know why your going to do it, and why you didn't and won't do something else.
>>
>>46864013
Probably not. You're limited to pre-timeskip levels of Spiral Power, and the Light of Terra is a minimum of twenty kilometers long. You might be able to plug the Lagann in as a cockpit to control the Light of Terra from, but assimilating it? I doubt it.
>>
>>46864003
>>46864036

don't forget Viking Saga, supernatural and fate
>>
>>46864012
That was all me btw. For point 1 I was unaware of that. I always thought it needed to have the understanding added to it by the jumper.
2. That was just a summery, it's late here and going into all the alpha class psker and warp fire body stuff would take a while.
And heresy is heresy. But honestly I dislike AI being in control of any of my things, unless it's a copy of my own mind. I don't think I'd try to kill/ steal from myself.
>>
>>46864072
Oh right, I meant plugging it on the cockpit, definitely not assimilating it, poor choice of words on my part.
>>
>>46863939
A fallow up question here. Are there any perks that would protect you from the memory wiping from the drawbacks.
I know drawbacks over rule perks but I figure that if you had something that specifically protected you from it, that might blunt the drawback enough so you had some feeling like you were caught in a time loop.
>>
>>46864072
I dunno mang, wasn't the moon mecha pre-timeskip?
>>
>>46864094
Also what jump would give a LoT a mech form? It's currently like 243 km long which might rule somethings out (I took base length as 36km or something)
>>
>>46864084
>>46864036
Thanks.
>>
>>46864129
>I dunno mang, wasn't the moon mecha pre-timeskip?
Nope. Post-Timeskip.
>>
>>46864129
No, that was post time-skip.

Everything with the moon pretty much happened post time-skip due to the Anti-Spiral's population-eradication code downloaded to it.
>>
>>46864157
Ah. My bad.
>>
>>46864129
It was a mecha, yes. It wasn't a mecha that Simon could take over with Lagann.
>>
>>46864094
>And heresy is heresy. But honestly I dislike AI being in control of any of my things, unless it's a copy of my own mind. I don't think I'd try to kill/ steal from myself.
Personally, the only reason I trust my own mind-copies is because they know they're not going to be assimilated back into myself if they screw me over.

A standard AI created by me is a lot more trustworthy in my opinion, but often less useful than something that's /me/.
>>
So, uh, about the Madoka jump. How do we survive reality getting reset twice?
>>
>>46863939
>>46864102

It's not a perk, but I can think of something that might work for other memory erasing stuff.

Keep the warehouse key and have information stored in an easy to find place in the warehouse. Your likely to eventually try using the key even if its amnesia drawback levels of forgetting, and would then find the stuff in the warehouse.

If it's worse than that your screwed anyway.

If the warehouse is unaffected you might also be able to use it to guess how much time passed using whats stored, and what you remember having in there..
>>
>>46864274
The jump takes place before the plot occurs.
>>
>>46864274
By the jump being before the events of the series.
>>
>>46864274
By going in before those events happen.
>>
>>46864274
Relax, it's set before Madoka and friends' magical adventures. You won't deal with it unless you use the Return, or if you're suicidal and tell Kyuubey he can fill his quota by talking to Madoka
>>
>>46864274

The jump occurs before that if I remember correctly.
>>
>>46864240
I just do it because I never take companions unless there free, then it's only for that jump, so I'm always relying on myself. As such to the mental clones would always have some weird loyalty/ hive mind type thing towards me and each other.
>>
>>46864298
speaking of that jump why is it a bad idea to give the bunny fox axolotl thing with the rings perpetual energy generators again?
>>
>>46863834
I accidentally browsed the entire internet i am not remembering that clearly.
>>
>>46864356
It's not. Madokacide anon is just trying to ape all your worst ideas and strike has a weird emprah complex that makes her want to commit genocide in a world where ASA didn't.
>>
>>46864385
it would just fuck off and wouldn't destroy the world now that it doesn't need incubators right?
>>
>>46864356
>>46864385

Well technically it might potentially be a bad idea.

Not because their malevolent, but because the incubators seem to be idiot savants mad scientists with no common sense.

Or in other words they might do something stupid with it.
>>
File: 789722-1411362091518.jpg (201 KB, 1076x1080) Image search: [Google]
789722-1411362091518.jpg
201 KB, 1076x1080
Speaking of Madoka, all the 'magic' the girls do is actually just sufficiently advanced tech, right?

How hard would it be to get my hands on some of that?
>>
>>46864447
No. The magic is actually magic. It's just that aliens with sufficiently advanced technology are trying to take advantage of it.
>>
>>46864447
Well apparently everybody's favored eldritch being traded perpetual energy generators with the Incubators for their tech.

Even though beyond the magical girls we have literally no fucking idea what the tech's capable of.
>>
>>46864447
Nah, they explicitly do magic. "Magic" is defined as phenomena that arises which breaks the laws of thermodynamics, which Incubators are incapable of because they don't do emotions to the point they perceive emotions to be mental illness.

Incubators are capable of making technology that controls magic and unlocks the potential to use it, but it's the girls themselves that provide the actual energy
>>
>>46864366
Stare back at the abyss as it stares at you anon, either make it flinch or make the situation uncomfortable for it. Then you make your move with some fine wine and some smooth music.
>>
>>46864414
Yeah, they don't actually care about Earth. They would leave all the witches running around, though, because they don't care about humanity aside from want they can get from us.
>>
>>46864488
>Even though beyond the magical girls we have literally no fucking idea what the tech's capable of.

So it's free range to assume we know what it does and use it accordingly assuming we get our hands on it.
>>
>>46864447
Seryu please go.
>>
>>46864524
Seryu is a good girl, she just needed better role models, and a mentor with an appropriate sense of justice.
>>
>>46864522
Tell me what the almighty fuck you "got your hands on" in order to "know what it does" in the first place and back it up with Urobutcher-related sources, and I'll believe you.

Until then, you may want to check on all the blood. You've wanked so hard you ripped it off and it's stuck in the ceiling fan.
>>
>>46864440
>idiot savants mad scientists with no common sense
Are you describing the Incubators, or Jumpers?
>>
>>46864576

Yes.
>>
File: 869042-14902419155.jpg (26 KB, 283x283) Image search: [Google]
869042-14902419155.jpg
26 KB, 283x283
>>46864480
>>46864500
>they explicitly do magic
>The magic is actually magic
Oof. Well, that's still good to know. Now I just need to figure out how to put that knowledge to work.

>>46864524
We'll be stuck here forever, anon.
>>
So, Jumpers, what's your gimmick?
>>
>>46864862
Heroism, I guess. I like becoming a symbol for all that is good in a jump, even if objectively I wouldn't qualify. It just makes me happy to see people be happy, so I never kill, always try for diplomacy, and do my best to give everyone a happy ending. 'Course, that doesn't mean I can't kick someone in the dick for being one, but it's all about trying your hardest, and most of the people I get physical with deserve far worse.

The result of this is a more peaceful world, a happier populace, a healthier world, and overall a nicer life for everyone involved.
>>
>>46864862
Making things.
Swords, armor, computers, energy constructs, organic machines.
I'm a Craftsman.
>>
>>46862374
>fire elemental
Some of them would see that as a plus
>>
>>46864862
Magic.

I'm not even good at it, I just have so much raw power that every spell is hilariously powerful regardless of my intentions.

Healing spell? Suddenly everyone within half a mile is in perfect health? Small fireball? A city block is gone. Growth spell? Well now that kitten is the size of a small skyscraper.
>>
>>46861096
Actually, I just remembered-what Corypheus tried to do in Dragon Age Inquisition was basically the same plan as Orikan's in Light of Terra: Merge the Fade with the mortal world and use an artifact that manipulates how they merge to become a god of both.

To use ASA as an analogy again, since instead of merging the realms he combined the Darkhallow with a Wakfu portal to siphon the Fade-with the Titans' life force and a nearby slumbering Old God as additional things to consume-he probably would have become immensely powerful enough to surpass the likes of Mab and even reshaped with divine powers befitting his nature given what the Fade is, he just wouldn't have the perfect stasis of immortality DF gods have since even the Old Gods can be killed without the concept of immortality being rendered mutable.
>>
Does Dark Binding work on things that don't really have human souls? Say, Fae, Vampires, or Angels? What about things that don't have souls, but are spirits themselves?
>>
>>46864862
Through my companions skills and mine combined, create some truly deadly combos while trying to at least remain moraly good (aint in to soul binding)

Includes turning Gaia from Evo into a peak kryptonian with sundancers ability from worm. Or Gaz membrane becomes the best item maker and reverse engineering genius. All of this with a Stand arrow and more.
>>
In Hellsing, is the muteness of werewolves a fiat-enforced drawback, or could you fix it if you have some method of doing so?
>>
>>46864862
A person who sells and trades things that shouldn't be possible to sell like a 'full nights rest' or a 'The shadow of a shadow'.

Just a strict refusal to deal in souls because their value tends to vary.
>>
>>46864516
how many witches are we talking here? And assuming a squad of eight upper midrange jumpers how long will take to clear them out.
>>46864862
bike gang leader/revolutionary/output of context problem/dualistic God of light and darkness
>>
>>46864862
Numbers. There are a lot of me.
>>
>>46864862
Improvement.

This isn't just a matter of taking physical that already exists and making it better. Making raw materials into a tool is an improvement. Refining spellcraft to make better spells is an improvement. Teaching people and helping them learn... making sure that diseases are wiped out... smacking villains and getting them to not use some hare-brained scheme to take over the world... all of these things are improvements.

Also my final form is made of magitech femtoites at this point.
>>
File: dinobike.gif (634 KB, 426x320) Image search: [Google]
dinobike.gif
634 KB, 426x320
>>46864862
OPEN THE DOOR

GET ON THE FLOOR
>>
This is the first draft of my Les Misrables Jump
http://pastebin.com/grSKFjN8
Any help with pricing, grammar, and feedback welcome. Almost nothing is priced and I'm sure a lot of things will need tweeking. Warning, it's a lot of text.
>>
File: 1423992564735.jpg (150 KB, 628x887) Image search: [Google]
1423992564735.jpg
150 KB, 628x887
>>46864862
It can be summed up to five things:

-Magic
-Demons
-HUGE
-Absurd crafting
-Body engineering

Why? Because I want to see how far I can morally go. I also want to explore what I can do for others as well, to let them touch the stars and sing into the everlasting fabric of creation. After all, why just sit at the top and brag about how you're alone, when you can bring friends into the mix?

Admittedly a recent turn of events for me is trying to explore what it means to be a god. The differences in other worlds, how gods are expressed from setting to setting... what happens when you mix them all. Studying them, coding them in, cataloguing them, replicating them. It fascinates me. I want to see where it goes.
>>
>>46865445
>http://pastebin.com/grSKFjN8

So already have a fine baritone singing voice, if I choose something other than servant of the state does it get overwritten by my choice and if so does that mean I lose access to the perk that gave me that voice or does it expand my vocal range? Or do I gain an alternate voice after the jump? video related, it's my voice claim https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKEpgR57cZs
>>
>>46852961
Does the Big Brother background come with an in-jump history and memories, or does the reference to "possibly imaginary shoes" mean that Jump-chan's expecting you to entertain it by trying to bullshit your way through the next ten years, or a combination of both (as in there was a Big Brother, suddenly you're in his shoes, but without his memories)?

Whichever way is cool.
>>
>>46865613
...why'd you post an angel, then? I thought that was more the tentacle spider god of necromancy's thing
>>
>>46865671
Because I didn't feel like posting some random wallpaper and that was the first 'bling' picture that showed up in my folder.

Besides, some people like angels, apparently.
>>
>>46865622
Good question. Alternate Voice after the jump seems like a cool reward. Nice voice in the vid.
>>
>>46865864
so for the duration I'm stuck with my background's voice? That's going to be weird. Now if I went to the servant of the state does that mean that would stack with my voice perk?
>>
>>46865949
I think that's pretty much up to you.
>>
>>46864862
If I had to sum it up in one word, its to study, thats all, nothing more, nothing less. All types of things, magic, technology, biology, metaphysics, even concepts are all within my purview. Though I always know to keep true to myself so that I can actually hold a conversation with people. Though I must admit throughout my journies many people would ask me why I study and what I plan to do to it, like Tattletale did.I dont study the world to imitate what it does or make, I study the world to imitate what it is.
>>
>>46854053
>paragon 144m high, 21m wide
Er, that doesn't sound right. Quick, Robin, to the search engine!
It's a curved vaguely triangular-shaped structure occupying (according to the db) a square 78.1m on a side, and about as high. Here's the full statblock from the SupComDB (via the Wayback Machine, as the DB is now defunct and hijacked by adware):

Description: Generates nearly limitless Energy and Mass. Toggles output to match production demands. If destroyed, resulting explosion is equivalent to the detonation of a strategic weapon.
Health: 5000 / 5000hp (regen rate: 0hp/s, armor type: Structure)
Abilities: Volatile
Economy: mass: 250200 (+10000), energy: 7506000 (+1000000), build time: 125100
Intel: vision radius: 15 (293m)
Physics: size: 4 (78.1m) x 4 (78.1m) x 4 (78.1m), size for adjacency: 12
Wreckage: health: 4500hp, mass: 225180, energy: 0
Weapons:
Death Weapon (Death, Normal):
nuke: inner ring damage: 35000, inner ring radius: 25 (488m), outer ring damage: 35000, outer ring radius: 25 (488m)
Built by:
Aeon Armored Command Unit (mass: -20, energy: -600, time: 208:30)
Aeon T3 Engineer (mass: -30, energy: -900, time: 139:00)
Aeon T3 Support Armored Command Unit (mass: -120, energy: -3600, time: 34:45)

Note: the time to build a Paragon only seems short when you're not in the kind of battles that can be measured in the equivalent of multiple tactical nukes per second.
>>
>>46866304
Wow, I didn't realise how much better at building the support commanders were.

The commander build speed is probably unupgreaded though, right?
>>
>>46866471
That's the time to build one of those units, I think, not the time it takes for one of them to build one.
>>
>>46866471
That's correct. Of course, SACUs can also be upgraded...
>>46866519
That's the time for that unit to build a Paragon.

Note the above times assume you have a big enough economy feeding the unit (see the mass and energy numbers - even a fully upgraded SACU doesn't make that much on its own).
>>
Where's the jump with the Demon Specialist background? I can't find it on the drive.
>>
>>46864862
JUSTICE
Punching things
Regeneration
Being the best Swordsman
Making things, magically and technologically
Being good at diplomacy
My Harem
>>
>>46866607
Don't suppose the stats for the fully upgraded buid times are there too?
>>
File: Tales of Demons and Gods.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Tales of Demons and Gods.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46866823
>>
>>46867155
An Aeon SACU's build rate is 60. The LCH Rapid Fabricator upgrade for the Aeon SACU jumps that to 90, a 50% increase. So - assuming your economy can cope with 50% more energy and mass drain - if it used to take 30 minutes for the SACU to build something, it now takes 20 minutes (not a typo, remember you have to use inverse law).
>>
>>46867339
Thanks Red. Now since it's apparently finished, who uploads it? Brutus, or just anyone? If the latter, how? I double checked, and it's not on the drive. Wouldn't want it to get lost now.
>>
>>46867401
Thanks. That is very impressive.
>>
>>46867466
It actually was uploaded already, but something with the file formatting screwed up. I don't think anyone would mind if you uploaded it again so long as it goes through properly this time.
>>
>>46867602
All right, I'll try to figure out how to do that, then. I think I'm supposed to upload it to the "Upload New Jumps" section, right?
>>
I haven't watched Stargate so forgive my ignorance: can you send signals through open Stargates and can Stargates be moved around on ships? All I know is that they have an address and don't know if it is a physical address or more like a phone number.
>>
>>46867684
Yes. You should be able to move it from your drive to the uploads folder after linking the two together (don't worry it's one way).
>>
>>46867840
Yes and yes. However, jumping to FTL while carrying an open Stargate may or may not be crossing-the-streams bad, and you can't open a Stargate while in FTL.
>>
>>46867902
Okay, I think I did it. Hopefully I did it right.
>>
>>46862039
Yes.
>>
>>46868036
Thanks, and double thanks for the FTL warning.
>>
>>46862742
Hear me out:

Giant luna moths.

Imagine.
>>
>>46868036
Thats because the 7th Chevron is the point of origin to connect to the network if you're moving @C or greater the signal drops so to speak
>>
>>46868611
I like the way you think.
>>
>>46865255
Anyone know?
>>
>>46868727
Fiat enforced is implied. Post-Jump, this is gone. Telepathic perks still work though, I think.
>>
>>46863292
Pick the latest.
>>
Okay, so I wanted to build an awesome biological army, and as such, require big cool kaiju-like beings alongside my Terra ForMars warriors of war. I alreadly plan to do the Forged Alliance scenario in SupCom to get awesome tech.

But I was wondering if building evangelions is possible with the orange tang post-jump, or if the strange notes in Pacific Rim would enable me to create psuedo evangelions using my amalgum of Bio and Magic perks and combining them with the powers via starro tech notes.
>>
>>46868816
Would a piece of magictech installed in my throat that's telepathically connected to me and mimics speech work?

On a related note, does anyone have a list of jumps that let you be a werewolf?
>>
>>46869123
There's a perk for making your own Kaiju, and even mechas and cyborg kaiju in Godzilla.
>>
>>46864102
Code Lyoko has something EXACTLY like that, if I recall correctly.
>>
File: LES MISERABLES v01.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
LES MISERABLES v01.pdf
1 B, 486x500
PDF form of the preliminary Les Mis Jump. I could use help with pricing.
>>
>>46869231
>Realizes that I could potentially use the angels in evangelion to create fucking EVA's so long as I'm careful and do it post jump.

This was most helpful, I actually had that perk too, and didnt even think of trying it out.
>>
>>46864862
The idea of an absolute power.
I try to shoot for conceptual or guaranteed affects, like an absolute attack and defense, perk gestalts to conjure up what is technically infinite power. Also cults, can't go jumping without starting religious institutions in your name and gifting devoted followers (and random civilians) with a taste of POWER just to see how it will fuck up (or vastly improve) their lives. .
>>
>>46869136
Sure, it just says YOU can't speak, not that a machine couldn't speak for you. The jumpmaker probably specified it like that so you could do that. As for other jumps, off the top of my head Soul Eater grants a pretty powerful one, enough that apparently you could jump off their moon(which, while not in orbit, is still pretty high in the atmosphere), and land back on the earth with broken legs, taking mere minutes to heal and then walk away. Combine that with Black Blood, and you may not even break your legs.
>>46869123
There's a reward for completing the powerless drawback in Lost Valley that grants you kaiju making alien tech. And yes, if you have the scientist background tree, you can make Evangelions.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.