[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tundra civ thread on /tg/ ep. 45
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
Heya let's continue with our nice threads - everyone's welcome to join at any time!
Last thread(Wednesday):
>>46793386

Check out the pastebin for story, technologies, stats etc.
http://pastebin.com/t7gWa2pa
And an archive of ALL previous threads if you want to skim through some of them - we've come a long way since living in caves in the tundra!

http://archive.4plebs.org/_/search/boards/pol.tg/subject/Civ/username/Civ%20bulgar/page/1/

After achieving victory in the War of Krushid Liberation, the Pajit Empire - our biggest rival - was dismantled and split into several vassal states of ours. With peace restored we now continue to improve our nation and are ready to face tomorrow as we enter a new, Industrial era.

>Population:25 000 000 (61% white, 4 % chink,3% kafi, 5% hibibi, 9 % pajit, 4% darkskin,13% ramki)
>Colonials: 2 000 000 West 520 000 South
>Economy:7/10
>Food stockpiles:7/10
>Food production: 7/10
>Political Stability: 8/10

>A.Exploration
>B.Food production & Population growth
>C.Improve religion/culture
>D.Settle new lands
>E.Construction
>F.Improve Military
>G.Research science
>H.Improve Navy
>I.Improve economy
>J.Regional development
>K.Diplomacy and war
>L.Government and laws
>>
File: world map.png (3 MB, 9336x6752) Image search: [Google]
world map.png
3 MB, 9336x6752
The world map - wee've discovered all major continents on our planet, though the interiors of the two southern ones are mostly unknown to us.
>>
Out west the former pajit colonies are now an independent union - many pajit fled there during the war and many continue to migrate as the new pajit union promises freedom and prosperity for all its countrymen.
With the destruction of the empire it is unknown what will happen in relations to the pacharnati, who had grown close to the pajit.
>>
>>46856759
Where do our borders rest now?
>>
>>46856759
>D.Settle new lands
settle the south continent
>>
>>46857327
also proposing a few action that we should take later on:
>destroy any kind of administration corruption by making a ton of laws
>researching rifling and railroads and maybe petrol engine afterwards
>remove pacharnati and pajeets
>investigate the eye of sand because we might find the nose of gold there
>ensure stability by keeping a modernized military
>improve colonies
that's all my ideas for project we might want to follow at some points in time.
>>
>>46857318
All names in black belong to us, gray names are vassals. Aside from our allies(pink and red) the entire continent is either directly ours or is a vassal state to us. We do not control the Spice Islands to the east though.
>>
>>46857482
I would suggest we also attempt to streamline our government / beuracracy, to allow for quicker emplacement of new laws and to cut costs.

Another project would be to, secretly, develop some metal-hulled ships, powered by steam, and equipped with highly advanced weapons. To only be shown in war.

One thing we must deal with is the spread of our technology; no one else may have it (for free) as they might use it against us, ignoring allies.

We should also attempt to absorb some of our older vassals into our government, to gain more direct control and efficiently manage more of our lands.

Maybe we should first claim that south-eastern continent. As owning more land outright makes us stronger; it allows for bigger armies, bigger projects, more taxes with no real down sides!

Lastly we need to bring our entire nation up to speed, so to speak; Mass industrialisation, removal of outdated infrastructure, manufacturing and housing to be replaced with newer designs.
>>
>>46856759
First get mass industrialism underway and make sure it stays in our core white territories make sure its efficient and cost effective.
then use mass industrialism to equip a bigger army to maintain control of our distant lands
after that's done we need adapt our administration so we handle the new territories we want to annex.
then we go about the actual annexation
this could be our version of a 5 or 10 year plan
>>
>>46857666
I agree with the integration of vassals into our government, but we should wait on the navy, the only use we'd have for them is either battle or transport, our navy is the best in the world right now, researching better ship is useless and will only let other nation steal our designs, we have a better research capacity so why research more when we have the technological advantage when we now we're going to get spied on either way?
As for transport i advise we wait a bit, railroad are more important, to get our production up and really industrialize, afterward our population will rise sharply and we'll be able to colonize efficientl other lands, our present colonies are more land grabs that actual colonies.
I'd rather suggest we remove imminent threats then start taking political action to assimilate our vassals then bring up railroad and industrialization then launch a massive wave of colon to the south, west and south west continent to claim our land and built fully industrialized colonies from the start..
>>
As new agricultural inovations and land reforms are introduced widly we are seeing a population boom among whites. We have ample living space in the colonies and we have begun settling the southeastern continent (there's now four continents so that's how they're named). This is the smallest of the continents and is completely uninhabited, so settling will naturaly continue at a normal pace. Situated in the southern hemisphere, the climate is temperate in its northern coasts and well suited to agriculture.

>Population:26 000 000 (62% white, 4 % chink,3% kafi, 5% hibibi, 8 % pajit, 4% darkskin,13% ramki)
>Colonials: 2 200 000 West 600 000 Southwest 70 000 Southeast
>Economy:7/10
>Food production: 8/10
>Political Stability: 7/10

>A.Exploration
>D.Settle new lands
>E.Construction
>F.Improve Military
>G.Research science
>H.Improve Navy
>I.Improve economy
>J.Regional development
>K.Diplomacy and war
>L.Government and laws
>>
>>46857829
continue to industrialize our core lands.
>>
>>46857829
>I.Improve economy
>>
File: ship15.jpg (1 MB, 2124x1262) Image search: [Google]
ship15.jpg
1 MB, 2124x1262
A note on our navy - we've restored the number of ships we had before the war

>Navy:15 ships of the line,20 frigates,10 galleas;merchantmen and flyuts,18 galleons ,good sailors, Stormborn, the Admiralty

While our ships are better than any other nation's, we haven't invested that much in them in the past decades and during the war we lost about half our fleet to the pajit.
>>
>>46857829
>G.Research science
medicine or engineering would be good for colonization/industrialization
>>
File: production6.jpg (329 KB, 2048x1309) Image search: [Google]
production6.jpg
329 KB, 2048x1309
Our economy must be further improved.
Currently agriculture is a booming sector as we have access to massive amounts of land and have instituted land reforms. Large, private landowners continue to increase harvest yields every year.
The northlands and corelands have been linked by railroads, built by the National Railway Company, but its development is still fairly slow, as it is limited by the government's budget, the technology is fairly new - the government holds a monopoly on railroads at the moment.
Steamboats are still in an early stage, used in river transport and mostly owned by the government as well.
The state was heavily involved in the development of the first factories - currently Lakeside, Centerhold, Riverhold, Smallpond, Millport and Victory have some factories, mostly government owned.
The National Bank exists as the sole financial institution in our nation, providing its minting and overseeing finances as associates of the National Treasury.
Mining is well developed in the North and the steppelands have several coal and iron mines that fuel our westerlands.
Overall we are currently a system of state capitalism - private ownership exists, but is held back by heavy government involvement in the manufacturing sector.
What shall we do:
A.Lower taxes, begin privatizing manufacturing and increasing the private sector's role
B.Privatization across all sectors - including infrastructure and finances
C.Invest in more factories
D.Invest in better infrastructure
E.Invest in resources(mostly mining)
D.Improve national finances
>>
>>46858188
>D.Invest in better infrastructure
muh roads
>>
>>46858188
>D.Invest in better infrastructure
being able to respond to threats, communicate further and acquire resources faster should be our primary concern for now
>>
I have to get up for maybe 20 minutes - there's still few players around so please discuss plans for economic development - whether you'd like to see a more capitalistic or state-owned system.
>>46858277
Our roads are great, we have concrete highways and we've expanded them through the vassal states - infrastructure development would be more and better railways and steambaots right now
>>
>>46858188
D.Invest in better infrastructure

If Victoria 2 has taught me anything, it is that state capitalism is the best thing ever
>>
File: 790.jpg (108 KB, 600x429) Image search: [Google]
790.jpg
108 KB, 600x429
>>46858301
i'm pretty sure we can get telegraphs right now since in reality the first telegraph networks started around 1800
>>46858325
i didn't really want to upgrade roads but i guess that was more of a comment about how we're an heavily economically interventionist government and that it's bringing us lots of benefits.
but yeah telegraph sounds like a good idea.
>>
>>46858374
Same we need to make sure industry stays within our core lands.
>>46858385
we should still make sure our armies and resources can move efficiently
>>
>>46858188
E.
>>
>>46858188
C
>>
>>46858418
railroads will solve that problem forever, it's one of the best logistic tool ever until car and bikes are around. help a whole army get from point A to point B with supplies in a few days, but we need telegraphs hard, it will greatly help us improve economy and generally everything, organization is key and getting infos faster than letters carried by horsemen is certainly helpful, means our territory's border will get to issue a draft before a war is over.
think of it like stating a 100m run 1 second earlier when racing against somebody else, sure speed is more important but that 1 second can definitely make the difference.
>>
>>46858418
That isn't the reason it is good in Victoria, or in real life, in my opinion.

What it allows for is for the rich/inventive and such to create for-profit businesses or new ventures, unlike communism which is part of the reason that communism fails, and for the government to invest in them heavily if they want, while also giving us (the government) direct control over the companies to stop them doing asshole-ish shit.

People can become rich like in capitalism, industry can be reassigned easily like in communism but admittedly at the cost of things generally progressing slower.

Mind you, like communism, this is one of the best forms of government for industrialising a nation as we can focus our efforts well thanks to our control over industry and shit!

>>46858527
Different anon here, this is very true but i would suggest we should focus more so on direct applications of our technology; more efficient steam engines, maybe light bulbs and such things.
>>
>>46858596
we are indeed late in regard to electric technology but I'd advise we wait for things suck as lights, it is purely comfort and it's useless to give people more comfort when we're already the most comfortable nation in the world, also more efficient steam engine are most likely being researched on their own without us launching an expensive project on it to make the research go faster, and anyway that'd be useless without more railroads, and useless with shipyards connected to railroads to supply iron to every coastal city. so I'd advise we focus on infrastructure like we're currently doing right now.
And afterward when we settle all urgent issues we can enter such age of prosperity.
>>
File: 1460948669411.jpg (45 KB, 309x335) Image search: [Google]
1460948669411.jpg
45 KB, 309x335
>>46858374
If victoria 2 has taught me anything, its that capitalists would rather bankrupt themselves trying to raise enough money for a luxury furniture factory in the pursuit of "muh profits" rather than build some shit like a steel manufactury that would give them a more reliable return as well as a lower start up cost.
>>
File: infrastructure5.jpg (185 KB, 1000x651) Image search: [Google]
infrastructure5.jpg
185 KB, 1000x651
The National Railroad Company is recieving large investments from the government. New, better locomotive designs have become available and our railways are expanding - from the capital's Central Station a passenger can buy a ticket to travel in all directions, from Lakeside in the north to Bridgemark in the south, from Victory in the West to Smallpond in the east. The first tracks have been laid in the steppelands as well, promising to link the vast coal reserves of the western steppes to our factories. People have gained more confidence in this method of travel and we are at last beginning to make some profit from pasengers. The world is becoming smaller in a way. Steamboats have also progressed, now becoming the prefered method of transportation along the Grand River, while the first steam ship has managed to sail from Coasttown to Volcania, proving that these heavier vessels can traverse the seas as well as rivers.
The white population continues to grow at a fast pace and is seeing its standart of living increase as well as years pass and indsutrialization continues.
>Population:27 000 000 (63% white, 4 % chink,3% kafi, 5% hibibi, 8 % pajit, 4% darkskin,12% ramki)
>Colonials: 2 400 000 West 700 000 Southwest 120 000 Southeast
>Economy:8/10

>A.Exploration
>D.Settle new lands
>E.Construction
>F.Improve Military
>G.Research science
>H.Improve Navy
>I.Improve economy
>J.Regional development
>K.Diplomacy and war
>L.Government and laws
>>
>>46858725
I must disagree with you sir, on the point of electric lighting. You unwisely state that "...it is purely comfort and it's useless..." ignoring that electric lights will lower crime by allowing us to efficiently light our streets, will lower fire risk by making oil lamps and candles outdated methods of lighting.

On to your next point that "...more efficient steam engine......being researched on their own..." this is to some degree inaccurate. I would point out that although guns should naturally advance (considering we have a somewhat free market), unless we put a turn in they seemingly receive no progress!

Lastly you say "...that'd be useless without more rail-roads..." ignoring the fact that making steam engines more efficient would make rail-roads more profitable, making them quicker to expand.

Now as to your last sentence, you say "...when we settle all urgent issues..." i would like to point out that will logically never happen as our GM/CM will constantly create new obstacles to make the game fun. As of this moment in time, we have no threats, no impeding disasters and no reason not to advance like this.

I would hope that i have made good arguments and convinced you of the in-correctness of your statements.
>>
>>46858947
>E.Construction
national telegraph network,NTN for short
>>
>>46858947
>I.Improve economy
>>
>>46858987
+1
>>
>>46858987
We don't know of the communicative applications of electricity or really have any research in that area. To even consider the creation of such a thing we would need to research it.
>>
>>46858947
Did we ever make laws that limit the number of children people such as the Kafi can have? If not then I choose that.
>>
>>46859131
We have laws in place to limit the growth of non-white populations and to help whites out. I.e whites are given preferential selection for higher education and other shit.
>>
>>46858947
Developing a system of keeping time by dividing the known world into time zones would be a great way to ensure that our mass transit can be put to a regular schedule as well as make a way for workers to be worked in regular shifts so that we can create jobs and increase productivity due to more workers being in the factory throughout the day.

All we need to do is make sure what we have explored so far IS all there is to the world.

Lets get to circumnavigating the globe so we can make our trains run on time as well as make jobs shall we?

>A.
>>
>>46858947
N
>>
>>46859193
We circumnavigated the world quite awhile back, like 3-4 threads.
>>
>>46858985
>ignoring that electric lights will lower crime
railroad and telegraph will surely impact our economy to such a degree that crime would reduce by the same extent as it would with lights.
Also you forget that we need telegraph to have people with such ideas.
>Edison became a telegraph operator after he saved three-year-old Jimmie MacKenzie from being struck by a runaway train. Jimmie's father, station agent J.U. MacKenzie of Mount Clemens, Michigan, was so grateful that he trained Edison as a telegraph operator.
>In 1881, Tesla moved to Budapest to work under Ferenc Puskás at a telegraph company, the Budapest Telephone Exchange. Upon arrival, Tesla realized that the company, then under construction, was not functional, so he worked as a draftsman in the Central Telegraph Office instead. Within a few months, the Budapest Telephone Exchange became functional and Tesla was allocated the chief electrician position
literally every genius who worked for electric invention worked as telegrapher before, we need the simpler version of invention first to allow people to study these field by giving them a job after they studied,if doctor wasn't a job that paid enough to live then no one would study medicine.
>ignoring the fact that making steam engines more efficient would make rail-roads more profitable, making them quicker to expand.
since railroads are mostly nationalized we don't need it to be profitable to actually invest in it since our investment will return in other forms (eg:taxes)
>I would point out that although guns should naturally advance (considering we have a somewhat free market), unless we put a turn in they seemingly receive no progress!
to allow the gun industry to develop new guns we must create a need for them, the only need for guns now are war and occasional hunting (which doesn't require better guns) so it's logical that only us would invest in firearms.Trains aren't the same and even the QM stated it after we research it two times in a row.
>>
>>46858947
H
>>
>>46859161
In that case I choose F. The last war with Pajit proved that we should improve our military.
>>
>>46859243
well shit man, wasn't there for that.

Also would developing timezones be an I.(Improve economy) thing or a G.(Research science) thing?
>>
>>46859297
research
>>
>>46858947
>H
>>
Rolled 2, 91 = 93 (2d100)

Scientific advancement can be encouraged by the government, but it is the great thinkers and creators who produce results.
two rolls shall determine what discoveries will be made
0-20 Chemistry
21-40 Military
41-60 Mechanisation
61-80 Power
81-100 Metallurgy
>>
>>46859246
I can't argue that the telegraph will effect our economy but I feel that you overstate it's effect somewhat in this area.

Then there is your statement that "literally every genius who worked for electric invention worked as telegrapher".

I would point out that one of the only jobs involving electricity for some time would have been telegraph since that was one of the first applications. Meaning that since most potential discoveries really only required some skill with electrical equipment and that telegraphers were quite numerous, as they were one of the only methods for fast communication across long distances, would logically create most inventions.

On your second point that "since railroads are mostly nationalized we don't need it to be profitable" we may not need them to be profitable but we want them to be, seeing as it makes them less of a hole in our budget or even a boon on our government.

As to your last point that "...to develop new guns we must create a need for them..." our armed forces are constantly attempting to remain ahead of other nations, so there is always a push for a more accurate gun or a faster loading gun.

Not to mention that hunters will buy the best gun at the best price, maybe market forces won't make guns advance fast but they should still create a, as you put it, "want".

Also what are you referring to with this bit here "Trains aren't the same and even the QM stated ...". I remember him making no such statement and I have yet to miss a thread since we were fighting against the feens so i must ask for directions to this statement, please.
>>
>>46859503
Light weight bullet proof armor here we come.
>>
>>46859529
Shit messed up, first bit is meant to say "that the telegraph will not effect our economy".

Also "Then there is your statement that" should not have that "then" at the front
>>
>>46859529
>post of thread 38 number 46527221
>We've improved the steam engine design even further through new innovations. All-round our scientists are working in all fields to give us a decisive edge over any potential enemies to our nation - however, this is a process which takes time. The government has dedicated more funds and resources towards R&D, but inventions take time.
>>
>>46859598
Translation:Nigga you can dump money on him all you want but NotEnstien ain't gonna have his brainchild any faster!
>>
>>46859598
That in no way reinforces the claims he has made, CM/QM would you weigh in on this please?

He is arguing that steam engines will be made more efficient, in a reasonable time scale, without us dedicating a turn to it. While i am arguing that such a thing does not occur, ignoring time skips, international development and you choosing to give us a free improvement.
>>
File: science2.png (128 KB, 491x640) Image search: [Google]
science2.png
128 KB, 491x640
>>46859503
Cleaner coal and cheaper iron are available as newer technologies greatly increase the yields of our mines - this has spurred rich capitalists and landowners to invest in the discovery of new mines, particulary for coal and iron - the demands for raw resources are increasing as our factories hunger for more and more of Terra's dark riches.
Advancements in chemistry have led to the development of artificial fertilizers, which in some experiments have also been used to create powerful explosives! The field of electrochemistry has recieved increased interest as scientists search for ways to harvest the power of lightning to man's use - the laws of physics are being redefined, but it will take time for more practical uses of this great elemental force.
An interesting combination of the two areas that have seen development is the firedamp - a lamp made for the coal mines, safer than the old ones.
Tensions have arisen in the Northwestern continent(we should think of new names for them) as the Pacharnati Empire seems to have set its sights on the New Pajit Union - without the backing of their homelands' military, these colonials would have a hard time resisting the power of the native empire.
>Population:28 000 000 (63% white, 4 % chink,3% kafi, 5% hibibi, 8 % pajit, 4% darkskin,12% ramki)
>Colonials: 2 600 000 West 800 000 Southwest 150 000 Southeast

>A.Exploration
>D.Settle new lands
>E.Construction
>F.Improve Military
>G.Research science
>H.Improve Navy
>I.Improve economy
>J.Regional development
>K.Diplomacy and war
>L.Government and laws
>>
>>46859785
>G.Research science - telegraph

I am this anon>>46859529 but i am willing to admit that the telegraph is useful enough to warrant research.
>>
>>46859785
>K.Diplomacy and war
go to war with pacharnati, they had it coming anyway, we can't let tribal people get the pajeets technology, and if we can get support from the pajeets's vassal and pacify the pajeet colonies then it's even better for us.
>>
>>46859785
H
>>
>>46859785
G
>>
>>46859785
>H
>>
>>46859785
F. We need a strong military since there's always another war on the horizon and our republic is full of subjects who would probably rebel and side with the enemy.
>>
>>46859785

F
>>
changing >>46859837
to >>46859834
since nobody seem to want to take the opportunity to gain complete supremacy over the western continent.
>>
>>46859785
F
>>
>>46859935
once we get our industry to high enough levels maybe we should move more troops and weapons onto the western continient
>>
>>46859834
>>46859840
>>46859844
>>46859857
>>46859864
>>46859899
>>46859935
>>46859946
1 QM 8 votes 9 IPs
seems like a tie in between F and G
>>
>>46859970
>>46859978
so did you drop your trip centurion did somebody samefag?
something is fishy here...
>>
>>46859978
I'm going with F
>>
>>46859935
Takes longer to reverse engineer things than you think. And that's assuming the unga bunga's don't just worship the things they take or use them for ornamental pomp. Plus nobody's really wanting to give a damn since it's
1)Pajit and fuck them douches
2)Continent away and we got plenty of other issues to deal with.
>>
File: 1457240204832.jpg (69 KB, 558x424) Image search: [Google]
1457240204832.jpg
69 KB, 558x424
>>46859785
K.

Supply the New Pajit Union with arms and minor training so that they have a better chance of taking down a large portion of the pacharnati before they are inevitably crushed.

After they are both exhaused and weak from their war, we invade the pajit colonies and push north in pacharnati lands,taking everything that isn't nailed down and cripple if not destroy 2 of our greatest potential threats in a swift coup-de-grace.
>>
>>46859999
I'm in a another thread so I might forget to put it back in from time to time
>>
>>46860008
well if you didn't vote already it means samefaggotry is at work here.
9 votes 9 Ips and 1 GM doesn't add up centurion.
>>
>>46859785
F
We may need to do some upgrades while we can.
>>
>>46860051
well if F wins i hope we research rifling so that finally can use bullets instead of musket balls and get those colt SAA and other cool guns.
>>
As our economic situation has improved we are able to fund an increase in our stranding army's size. Certain improvements in military design have been made naturally over time - better cannons, flintlocks, pistols - there have even been new experimental designs for a firearm called "rifle" which have proven it to have better accuracy than our old muskets, making it suitable to skirmishers. what TWO things should we focus on in particular though?
A.The militia(phase out pikemen completely and improve training and equipment)
B.Our infantry(expand its numbers, equipment and regimentation)
C.Our officers, strategy and tactics
D.Our cavalry - numbers, equipment, regiments
E.Artillery and heavy armament
F.Modernise our elite corps(rangers, elemental orders)
>>
We could offer the pacharnati assistance in the war for land and shit

OR

We could vassalise/pre-emptively invade the pajit colonial union.

Maybe just give either of them some guns and "retired" generals/troops
>>
>>46860178
F and D
>>
>>46860178
F.Modernise our elite corps(rangers, elemental orders)
A.The militia(phase out pikemen completely and improve training and equipment)

Make the bread and butter along with the elites better
>>
>>46860178
A and f
>>
>>46860178
A and F
>>
>>46860178
>B.Our infantry(expand its numbers, equipment and regimentation)
We have a lot of ground to cover with our vassals and colonial possession we need more troops to cover all this ground and maintain order
>>
>>46860178
>A.The militia(phase out pikemen completely and improve training and equipment)
>B.Our infantry(expand its numbers, equipment and regimentation)
better get on researching better guns with bayonet,it will surely prove useful.
F seems tempting but without good steamboats, planes, tanks or heavy firearms, our corps lack their main element-like weapons.
>>
File: 1460752405946.jpg (90 KB, 528x640) Image search: [Google]
1460752405946.jpg
90 KB, 528x640
>>46860178
>A.
We still have pikemen? shamefurr dispray.

>B. My land invasion could use troops to occupy our conquered lands.
>>
>>46860178
E and F, we should have tanks prototyped by now.
>>
>>46860178
A and E.

From current events we might eventually have to deal with actual naval combat since we seem to ignoring the colony issue. Probably better to develop a good basis for cannonry.
>>
>>46860178
A and F
>>
>>46860178
A.
B.
>>
>>46860280
>we should have tanks prototyped by now.
>only steam engine
>doesn't even have prototyped modern artillery yet
>not even fully industrialized
Yeah nah tanks prototype status are wooden bawkses with wheels and holes for your feets to push it.
>>
>>46860353
come on man, live a little.
>>
>>46860427
I'd like to see you say that to the brave pilot's wife who died in a fire due to a steam engine malfunction during battle.
Steam tanks may seem awesome in theory but messy in practice.
>>
>>46860353
To be fair to him, we could create some concepts of such a thing, problem is that we would need some one to have knowledge of the following; Mechanical engineering, steam engines (preferably having worked on them as a engineer), artillery and cavalry experience. Maybe even some maarguard experience.

Potentially if we had science fiction writers/futurist, then they would create the concept.
>>
>>46860427
LOL, we are far from it. I wouldnt mind throwing in another upgrade into military soon though. E. Should be developed as it will be a main supporter in any modern battle. Creating mass loses.
>>
>>46860275

To be fair, every other super-nation around us still has pikemen and swords as a thing in their proper armies.
>>
>>46860489
E will be worth it once we get rifling since we'll be able to make projectiles spin, thus making them increase greatly their range and accuracy, meaning artillery will become very deadly stuff, then we'll develop it.
>>
>>46860533
Not to mention that since we are, somewhat, industrialised we can create shells and artillery pieces fairly cheaply.

One thing we will want to invent will be chlorine gas shells and such.
>>
File: Stormborn4.jpg (363 KB, 1326x900) Image search: [Google]
Stormborn4.jpg
363 KB, 1326x900
As new times demand new weapons, our elemental orders have been improved. Maargard still wear their traditional sets of plate armor for ceremonies, but in combat they now act as a new heavy infantry - strong, imposing men with powerful guns and the best close combat skills, they still fulfil their roles as elite guards to our commanders, leaders and strategic locations.
The Stormborn continue to work with the navy and fullfil the role of elite Marines - capable of fighting in ship-to-ship and land combat, they are the troops that are first to be deployed in distant battlefields.
Blitzkriegers continue to keep up with our most cutting-edge military technology and have adopted our first standart issue muzzle-loading rifles. They are our best shots and act as elite sharpshooters in battle.
Rangers have largely adopted carbines as lighter firearms - they continue to fullfil an important role as scouts and patrolmen, without whom our armies would be both blind and deaf.
The militia has abandoned its pikemen completely as all men now train with our best muskets and are capable of fighting with bayonets.
The latest word is that the pacharnati demanded tribute and submition from the pajit colonials, who refused, hell-bent on preserving their freedom. Things are most likely bound to get rougher in the Northwestern continent.
>Population:28 500 000 (63% white, 4 % chink,3% kafi, 5% hibibi, 8 % pajit, 4% darkskin,12% ramki)
>Colonials: 2 700 000 West 850 000 Southwest 200 000 Southeast

>A.Exploration
>D.Settle new lands
>E.Construction
>F.Improve Military
>G.Research science
>H.Improve Navy
>I.Improve economy
>J.Regional development
>K.Diplomacy and war
>L.Government and laws
>>
>>46860489
At this stage in time you'd just have to setup the creation of a gatling cannon or repeater rifle. Anything to improve rate of fire would be good. It's not about the size of the bullet it's about volume of fire.

Not that a good artillery piece is bad to have or anything but the first one to the semi automatic rifle with an actual magazine is gonna be brutal in warfare. Even more so the first heavy machinegun. Those things changed the face of war itself.
>>
>>46860593
K
help the pacharati
>>
>>46860593
>F.Improve Military

We must be ready to completely destroy the pacharnati when they attack the pajit union
>>
>>46860593
>K.Diplomacy and war
Alright we just packed our military's stuff now time to test out our new rifles.
time to assert world dominance, and it's also a good excuse to investigate the eye of sand
>>
>>46860593
>>46860626
you wot m8y?

we leave them alone, they can fight their own battle, just give them a some old weapons and a little training, then sweep in and destroy the pachanarti when they destroy the pajit colonists.
>>
>>46860533
>there have even been new experimental designs for a firearm called "rifle" which have proven
funny you brought that up. since we just finished "developing" it if only at the experimental stage.
>>46860615
I get it. SO I am all for getting to that now, and increasing our standing army and artillery.
>>46860593
>F.Improve Military
Leaving us ahead of other nations and settling any fires that may arise.
>>
>>46860593
H
>>
>>46860593
>H
>>
>>46860593
F.
Gotta equip those rifles and training to our mass of infantry men.
>>
>>46860615
To be honest, I dread encountering trench warfare. As our people have never experienced any form of large scale defeat; we have always came out of war fairly well off and I worry trench war will kill our martial spirit entirely.
>>
welp changing >>46860647
to >>46860674
so we can research artillery and get rifles for everyone.
meanwhile have some artillery jams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U67MRAPKXzU
>>
>>46860593
Start moving some of our newer troops into the colonies so we can be ready for pacharnati
>>
>>46860665
I wouldn't want to arm a bunch of tribals with our handmedowns. Let them waste blood and time on the colonials. If the pijat want help I'd settle for annexation of them and THEN give a shit about them since we own them.

>>46860593
With the namefags. F and getting down along those lines. Maybe start looking at the navy after that since it seems like the next major clusterfuck is coming from oversea.

>>46860781
Oh that's actually prudent and gives a good excuse to fieldtest weaponry if the natives are dumb enough to start a fight with us. side option?
>>
File: New special forces.jpg (16 KB, 300x244) Image search: [Google]
New special forces.jpg
16 KB, 300x244
>>46860593
>F.
Start taking volunteers from new millport and all southwest colonies and train them in guerrilla tactics and jungle warfare in secret in side the jungles by mainport.

I have changed my mind concerning this war, seeing as to how much of it will mostly be fought in jungles.

I also propose this special jungle fighting force be used in espionage and minor, anonymous raiding against the darkskins for practice and profit.
>>
I get the gist of the map. But I am still loss with what we alright own. our vassels and I think I know our allies on the map. Anyone mind scribbling in whats what, on that map?
>>
>>46860818
>Hyper-Militant Asshole
Now that is a guy I can get behind.
>>
>>46860593
h
>>
>>46860818
We already have colonial militias and our rangers and njordgales are trained to fight in any environment, though we could further invest in that. Keep in mind where the jungles are on the map.
We shall continue preparing for the eventual outbreak of war - now with more options, choose TWO
A.Improve our infantry
B.Improve our cavalry
C.Improve our artillery
D.Improve our officers, strategy and tactics
E.Send old military supplies and experts to the pajit colonials to observe and advise
F.Something else(give some creative ideas, which also make sence if possible)
>>
>>46860956
C and D. always good to have bigger booms and know how to better utilize them.
>>
>>46860880
Like looking at the map we own the north except the few around Jamatun? And do we own the pink ones like Pashawan?
We own the south of our continent. How about the barniju spice islands and the islands to our south?
>>
>>46860956
C and E
>>
>>46860956
E.Send old military supplies and experts to the pajit colonials to observe and advise
>>
>>46860956
A.Improve our infantry
C.Improve our artillery
>>
>>46860956
A and C
>>
>>46860956
>C.Improve our artillery
>A.Improve our infantry
rifles and artillery will win this war.
>>
>>46860818
I'm getting the impression most of us are waiting to see how it plays out. One side or another is bound to appeal for support. Why bother doing it ourselves when they'll happily kill each other for us?

Now if the fuckwits want to attack OUR colonies they're gonna burn but let'em have the first shot. It's easier to justify overwhelming force that way.

>>46860956
C and A.
>>
>>46861005
>C

>E
>>
>>46860956
>D.Improve our officers, strategy and tactics
Were going to need good organization to fight in these lands.
>E.Send old military supplies and experts to the pajit colonials to observe and advise
lets see if we can curry some favor with the union
>>
File: 1460921960253.jpg (72 KB, 564x848) Image search: [Google]
1460921960253.jpg
72 KB, 564x848
>>46860956
>E
I proposed it earlier before I donned this tripcode.

>A. If we already have special forces trained to fight in any environment, then we should further improve our infantry to be able to fight in less than optimal conditions, seeing as how they make up the bulk of our military.
>>
>>46860956
A.
D.
Cavalry and artillery aren't going to be much use in the jungle. It would be better to have men trained to fight in the jungle and a special breed of man to lead them.
>>
>>46861005
changed to d and E
>>
>>46860956
>E.Send old military supplies and experts to the pajit colonials to observe and advise
>>
I feel like E is a big trap because they might ask us for some of the land of the pacharnati and it might goes into the hand of whoever is in the eye of sand.
>>
>>46861063
CHANGED TO D AND E
>>
File: 1461114726146.png (2 MB, 1318x2048) Image search: [Google]
1461114726146.png
2 MB, 1318x2048
>>46861062
I am also waiting to see how it plays out, i was one of the first to propose we aid the NPU and wait for them to exhaust each other before we sweep in. (this post was before I tripfagged>>46860023)

I also asked we train a new special forces as a way to gain intelligence and undermine the darkskins while making sure they were ready to handle true jungle warfare, i never said anything about using them as an invading force, if anything, they are more of a defensive force, giving us intelligence and attacking the enemy supply lines, slowing down theyre possible assault.
>>
Here's an explanatory map. We rule over almost all of the home continent
>>
>>46861356
appreciate it. Well we should see about keeping our political stability over 8 after the next war or take over.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>46861077
>curry some favor
kek
We've sent military advisors along with some old muskets to the NPU.The union boasts a population of around one million. Aside from old imperial soldiers they have begun training their own colonial militias and welcome any material and expert help we are offering them.
We've trained more officers and have continued to develop our tactics through war games, now adapted to large lines of fire, supported by cavalry and artillery. Our top generals have developed the Strategic Mobility doctrine, which utilizes superior logistics to transfer troops to whichever point is necessary, setting positions as a goal rather than straight-forward engagements with the enemy, which gives us a bigger defensive edge in war.
rolling for international development
>>
File: How quickly.gif (257 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
How quickly.gif
257 KB, 500x500
>>46861595
the nose knows!
>>
>>46861595
Welp world war one begins?
>>
>>46861668
we dont even know where the hell these guys are yet, i hope its not world war.
>>
>>46861668
we probably got fucked, the pajeet colonies likely took our supplies and declared war on us while the pacharnati suddenly joined their side and our allies are likely bailing out on us and the nose is likely behind all of this.
oh dice gods why have thou forsaken us?
>>
>>46861737

No, more than likely we simply lost the supplies at sea due to an unexpected storm.

Bulgar isn't so retarded that he is going to do shit like that, it's suicidal.
>>
File: 14569155545.jpg (7 KB, 229x300) Image search: [Google]
14569155545.jpg
7 KB, 229x300
>>46861668
Its more of a conflict being policed by a larger nation to ensure that even things that have nothing to do with him go his way.

This is like pretty much every military conflict since world war 2 and we are the Jews.
>>
>>46861789
it sounds more like Britain trying to stop the US war of independence
>>
>>46861789
Quite true, we are manipulating the world to remain stable while also keeping them from being a threat.
>>
Very, very bad and also unexpected news! Chink and kaichou colonists have clashed over settling rights in the great plains! Neither government seems willing to back down as they believe the other party settling these grounds would cut them off from inland colonisation(the same way the Sunset Alliance has cut us off from further routes inland in the north, so we started colonising the south).
Both sides have deployed their colonial forces and have declared a mobilisation of their reserves as travel between their two nations is suspended.
No new word has been recieved on the pacharnati front, but this makes everything more complex - a war between our allies would wage on both continents if it comes to pass!
>Population:29 000 000 (64% white, 3 % chink,3% kafi, 5% hibibi, 8 % pajit, 4% darkskin,12% ramki)
>Colonials: 3 000 000 West 900 000 Southwest 220 000 Southeast
>Food stockpiles:8/10
>Political Stability: 6/10

>A.Exploration
>D.Settle new lands
>E.Construction
>F.Improve Military
>G.Research science
>H.Improve Navy
>I.Improve economy
>J.Regional development
>K.Diplomacy and war
>L.Government and laws
>>
>>46861905
>K.Diplomacy and war
DIPLOMATIC DAMAGE CONTROL
>>
>>46861905

>D.Settle new lands

Let's take advantage over their distraction and further strengthen our holds on the other two continents.
>>
>>46861935
This and if it goes to shit we do this>>46861946
>>
>>46861905
K. maximum damage control, give sunset alliance access the one of the other continents? or kaichou?
>>
>>46861905
>K.Diplomacy and war
Suggest they share ownership, like we do with center-koi
>>
>>46861905
>>D.Settle new lands
Southern darkskins. We could take that shit other fast since there isn't any competition.
>>
File: One of my retainers.jpg (16 KB, 300x189) Image search: [Google]
One of my retainers.jpg
16 KB, 300x189
>>46861905
>K.
Send in insurgents and anonymous raiding groups to outlying villages and burn them to the ground, creating ever increasing hostilities between these foreigners, sell them our hand-me-downs on the sly and make sure they are SHODDY to make future possible conflicts against us are sorely underwhelming.

Whoever wins will believe us a staunch ally and trust us even more even though they are weakened beyond recovery, and the other...
>>
>>46861905
K.
>>
>>46862068
>literally want to betray your allies
you're not only saying we're acting like Jew, you're also actually fucking promoting this kind of behavior.
>>
>>46862109
Well he IS an asshole...

>>46861905
>K. Calm your bitch tits down guys jesus christ. (But all politically worded you get the idea)
>>
>>46862068
I wouldn't do this. Sunset alliance are our faithful allies and have been since the beginning. The Kaichou on the other handy have done some really sketchy stuff to us and SSA in the past.
>>
>>46862109
"Our Nation is strong inside, for our people are strong! We have grown, fought, learned and prospered, but that prosperity is under a great threat, brethren! We are beset on all sides by threats - the hibibi, who would happily enslave us all if our walls do not stand strong; the pajit, who would ravage our lands and come down like a flood of filth; the Kaichou rise in the southwest, they conquer more and more and they will not stand by to contend with us! We've grown complacent in these lands - have you forgotten Oofnarr's Prophecy? You trust these foreigners so easily - have you forgotten that the same thing led to our ancestor's near-destruction and the Exile? While we enjoy our comforts, darkness gathers over all horizons, like a predator waiting to strike! We need to be stronger, we need to remember what our ancestors stood and died for! We must fulfill the prophecy of Oofnarr, our people, our race must reclaim what was lost centuries ago!Let the Elemental Orders rise, let us find and conquer the places where the Grand Temples must be built - complacency is doom, apathy is death!"

- the new prophet, Ayms

How soon some of us have forgotten that the White people once ruled the world, but were betrayed and laid by the foreigners and forced to take refuge in the cold North.
>>
what do we do about the chinks
>>
>>46862206
Okay mate, very good roleplaying of a racist, word-breaking ass but we all have beliefs; one of mine being that if i agree to something i won't cheat you or stab you in the back.

What you implying we should do goes against everything i believe in and not only that is a really shitty idea in general.
>>
>>46862258
newfags need to read the history of this thread, also a little rp never hurts, makes it more enjoyable. either way, just fuck off.
>>
>>46862206
okaaaaaay....can I just use my votes to veto his from now on? He's legit freaking me the fuck out as he's either dead fucking serious about this or getting his jollies trying to hijack a civ thread by getting the players to attack everyone in a suicide move and pretend to be nazi germany.

Seriously what the fuck? Its like reading the rantings of a /pol/ack.
>>
>>46862258

>Civ started on /pol/
>Civ is literally about White people taking their rightful place in the world, at the top.
>Civ has a background that literally is "White People betrayed by other races, we gun' git' our shit back."
>Our policy bans inter-racial marriage and minorities are not allowed into the government on any level besides maybe a clerk for small townships.
>We have policies in place that actively lower the birth-rate of Non-whites so we can maintain White population majority by a significant threshold.

Go find a gun, swallow it.
>>
>>46862258
1)Tripfag up if your going to RP.

2)I guess we can leave anonymous supply crates to draw out the war a bit, or maybe even use this war as an excuse to draft a charter making all waters at a certain point off coast international so that shit like this doesnt happen again while also opening up alleys for colonialism.
>>
>>46862294
Mate, i have been here since before the second war with the feens. Trust me when i say that you are the odd one out here and that i represent the god damned majority of players in this thread.
>>
>>46862324
also, this.
>>
>>46862310
>okaaaaaay....can I just use my votes to veto his from now on?

Get out.
>>
>>46862310
He isn't hijacking shit you fag.
>>
>>46861935
THIS
>>
We've called representatives of the Sunset Alliance and the Kaichou Empire to a diplomatic summit in Victory.Together, our three nations have made up the Occidental Alliance, the dominant world power for over three centuries now.
When we first encountered the kaichou they were suspicious of our people being under the influence of the spires. Kaichou agents had infiltrated the SA and were trying to subvert it and for a while we waged a shadow war until eventually discovering that we are both opposed to the Organisation. Our three nations allied and have been on good relations since, but colonial competition hasn't exactly helped. On the homecontinent both the chinks and the kaichou lands are densely populated, which led to them joining the colonisation of the west.
In secret we are contacted by both parties.
"Haven't you noticed how tardy the kaichou were in the last few wars with providing reinforcements? How they are always busy with their own work? They would gladly betray you now that the Organisation is out of the way - any friendship you have is being used by them to further technological developments. Think about who's been with you the longest." said the chink ambassador in private
His kaichou colleague also came in secret "Such actions and reactions from the SA are illogical - they know they can not defeat us in a fair fight - this debacle would either destroy our coalition diplomatically or lead to much bloodshed and I can think of only one group that benefits from that - the Organisation! They must be manipulating the chinks. Think about it and who's been fighting the spire-masters longest - us!"
Some statistics:within our republic live around one million chinks and at least as many are denizens of our vassals. The SA's population is about 7 million, the KE - 15.

The Ayms quote is from about 400 years ago btw, before the coalition.it WAS controversial back then too. I like to represemt a variety of themes and views within the world.
>>
>>46862344
niggwat?
you are literally going against every policy and action we have ever done in these threads, how the fuck do you think this way?
>>
>>46862294
Fuck off. Everyone has an opinion. IF someone wants to vote a certain way let them.
>>
File: 1460702534684.jpg (107 KB, 540x286) Image search: [Google]
1460702534684.jpg
107 KB, 540x286
>>46862369
>suggest we intervene on the sly in a foreign war between our 2 biggest threats.

Gets heralded by peers.

>suggest we interveen on the sly in a foreign war between 2 allies.

Gets yelled at for being a jew.

>both the chinks and the kaichou are trying to jew us into getting in on the war on they're side.

I want to see how this turns out.
>>
>>46862344
Then you were there when our council was bombed and killed by Pajit and Hibibi. Were you there when the Kafi rebelled and sacked entire villages even when others wanted to dispose of them. What about that when we liberated the Pajit by placing a good King on the throne only for his grandchildren and kingdom to come into conflict with us.
>>
>>46862324
The civ may have started on /pol/ but it is now on /tg/, where most aren't quite as racist and also I am the person that suggested the one child policy for the pajit. Point being that i am, somewhat, responsible for, some, of those laws.

>>46862388
Do you even hear yourself? We allied them, they are our comrades! You are suggesting we stab them in the back for no reason except that you we might then conquer them before they regain their strength, hell it could even backfire and result in them united against us.

>>46862446
I don't disagree but they seem far quicker to go for insults of character.
>>
seriously what are we going to do about these two people who are at each others throats
they both have densely populated home lands close to our core territories if they go to war they might flood into them
>>
>>46862494

If they spill over into our lands we side with the Sunset Alliance.
>>
>>46862489
when did i say we should stab them in the back? i called for damage control and giving land on other continents.
>>
>>46862511
They both could spill over. Can we handle the refugees fi the do and what if any other vassals start getting uppity?
>>
>>46862494
I would be in favor of the sunset alliance and get rid of the Kaichou. The Kaichou however have been great allies, ecspecially when it came with the Spires and corruption.
>>
>>46862536

We've been needing to better integrate our vassals anyway.

Although that's unlikely, considering that vassalage to us has almost zero downsides and only positives, and they know it.
>>
>>46862465
I think the best course of action is to let them colonize some land or to get them to fight a war for us and promise both of them a share of the land.
I doesn't matter if we don't get all the land because we already have a whole continent, and taking a side is dooming the other and we can really handle two fights at once, I'd rather have them fight with us the pacharnati and split the land in two, or settle this in our Grand tournament.
The kaichou are a real threat and so are the sunset alliance, they're right next to our mainland and even if we won our "ally" could back-stab us and they'd be right to do so, because we betrayed once which mean we could betray them as well.
>>
File: kaichou1.jpg (71 KB, 736x525) Image search: [Google]
kaichou1.jpg
71 KB, 736x525
It's good to see disagreement and discussion, it would be boring if players always agreed with the course of our nation, our place in the world etc. Keep discussing, but keep it classy folks.

Now, to resolve this conflict we've devised several options.
A.Side with the kaichou, the chinks should limit their settlements' reach
B.Side with the Sunset Alliance, the chinks deserve more access to the plains - first one to settle keeps the land
C.Offer the chinks access to colonising the southwestern continent if they concede to the kaichou
D.Offer the kaichou access to colonising the southwestern continent if they concede to the chinks
E.Try to push through plans for joint colonisation
F.Another idea(SUGGEST)
>>
File: chinks11.jpg (59 KB, 543x900) Image search: [Google]
chinks11.jpg
59 KB, 543x900
Also, I summon upon the spirit of Trusted Councilor to provide us with a wealth of Three Kingdoms-era characters
>>
>>46862584
>F.Try to push through plans for joint colonization ,offer both the south western continent but only if they sign peace treaties and trades agreements that are at least valid for 50 years.
>>
>>46862584
D. its first come first serve in land grabs, if the chinks were there first, they keep it. placate the kaichou with other continental land grabs.
>>
>>46862584
>F.
This is merely a suggestion because I think siding with either dooms us
We get them to fight each other.
>>
>>46862583
The sunset alliance wouldn't back stab us. We've been allies since the beginning and the only time where they weren't was when the Kaichou began infiltrating them and supplying crime and corrupt officials.

>>46862584
B.
>>
>>46862474
Yes, i was present for all of those events, i was present for the death of almost all feens and the destruction of the darkskin kangs. Along with all the shit you just mentioned.

Okay, i am now going to argue against your points.

Firstly, with the hibibi/pajit, they were under the control of the spires and i never argued against war with them, hell i pushed for war with the spires.

Second, in the case of the kafi, that was always going to happen and I feel we had no way to avoid conflict with them. Had we not attacked them they would have joined because of their spire, had we attacked (which we did) they join out of hate for us. War was inevitable but we should have been more prepared, i agree.

In the case of the Pajit, they were never directly in conflict with us until we attacked them, they conquered small kingdoms around them but since they were of near equal size and advancing to be equal to us rapidly we all worried about them becoming a threat again. For all we know they would never have fought us again. We started that war, never forget that.

>>46862514
Because following the post chain back, I was talking to the person whom was talking about making our town allies fight, which i class as back-stabbing.

Now, anything else?

>>46862584
E.Try to push through plans for joint colonisation
>>
>>46862657
if they fall to greed and resort to violence against the kaichou it's only logical that they'd do the same to us.
>>
>>46862584
>F
Im going to put my vote in with Centurions >>46862656 suggestion.
>>
>>46862584
>B.Side with the Sunset Alliance, the chinks deserve more access to the plains - first one to settle keeps the land

>>46862694
Yes but better we know know now rather than in the middle of a war. Where their back stab will cost us a lot more.
>>
>>46862584
D
>>
>>46862656
>>46862732
if we don't stop this war we won't be able to stop the next one and if we side with one of them we would literally endorse our allies greed.
We can either UN this conflict or try to play it diplomatically if we want to keep both.
this is like choosing which arm you want to lose the obvious answer is none.
>>
>>46862803
I just don't see how we can stop this without destroying relations with both
>>
>>46862584
>D
>>
>>46862803
We control the majority of the continent of Ayms and we are the most advanced country with by far the largest populace, im not going to throwaway all we worked for just so you feel good that some chinks and slant-eyed creeps can got to live a while longer.

(Im calling the North Eastern continent this because its easier than typing out NorthEast, plus Ayms is a huge figure in our history.)
>>
>>46862851
i agree. i think we should stick with the chinks as they have been good allies for centuries longer than the kaichou, despite the kaichou being on the same page as us when it comes to the spires (which, btw, we havent found the final spire).
>>
>>46862851
give them a whole continent and tell them to be at peace, propaganda like a motherfucker, this is DAMAGE CONTROL not fucking "let's go easy and let this happen".
We have to treat them equally obviously tho.
>>46862883
We're likely authorized to travel to our allies's land
>>
How soon before they start a war with each other if we don't intervene?
>>
>>46862945
i'd say they've most likely already started, the logistics are likely already working hard.
>>
>>46862989
So in other words local forces fight skirmishes until both their governments get the idea were not going to do anything.
>>
Geographically and diplomatically the most sensible course for kaichou colonisation would be to move on to the southwestern continent - this is a proposal that we have presented to the kaichou and after long deliberations it has been accepted. The kaichou will likely target the aboriginals of the southwestern continent, as we have chosen to not attack their settlements, which are located on strategic locations.
We really should pick names for the four continents so let's do it now.
Northeast is the home continent - I'd associate it either with something derived from "home" or with one of our prophets - Oofnarr the Mystic or Ayms the Leader.
The Northwestern Continent I'd either associate with Eyerd, our greatest explorer and First Admiral, or something about colonialism.
Not really sure about the Southwestern and Southeastern(smallest one), so far we're the only colonists there(other than a few aboriginals in the southwest).
So,
1.Northeastern Continent
A.Something-something home
B.Oofnaras
C.Aymsland
D.Something else
2.Northwestern
A.Eyerdar
B.Something else
3.Southwestern ???
4.Southeastern ????
Let's get this decided now since I'm tired of not having names for them
>>
>>46863037
A

A
>>
>>46863037
>>46863090
A and A, i dont have any idea what to call the other 2 though, maybe oofnaras and something else with the elements?
>>
>>46863037
NE:Ayms
NW:Eyerd
SW:Veita (Gift in old Norse)
SE::Ocras (Hunger in gaelic)
>>
>>46863181
This
>>
File: art5.jpg (24 KB, 640x410) Image search: [Google]
art5.jpg
24 KB, 640x410
Other heroes from our history are
St.Roise the healer
St.Payer the smith
St.Kiara the maiden
St.Axar the guardian
St.Lurdel the ranger
and some accomplished generals - Taras,Miks, Yolen, Luffer
>>
>>46863037
A

A

TARAIN

lurdeling
>>
File: architecture4.jpg (157 KB, 975x1300) Image search: [Google]
architecture4.jpg
157 KB, 975x1300
>>46863181
The council has announced the official naming of the four continents as Aymsland, Eyerdar, Veita and Ocras. With our best cartographers and scientists we've established the world's timezones, Volcania as the central meridian.
It seems news of the resolved conflict has cooled pacharnati heads as raids on outlying pajit colonies have ceased in the past month.
>Population:29 500 000 (64% white, 3 % chink,3% kafi, 5% hibibi, 8 % pajit, 4% darkskin,12% ramki)

>A.Exploration
>D.Settle new lands
>E.Construction
>F.Improve Military
>G.Research science
>H.Improve Navy
>I.Improve economy
>J.Regional development
>K.Diplomacy and war
>L.Government and laws
>>
>>46863037
>A

>A
>>
>>46863425
H
>>
>>46863425
>G.Research science

We need those fucking telegraphs.
>>
>>46863425
>F.Improve Military
or
>I.Improve economy
>>
>>46863425
A. we need to know where the las spire is, i think its on a yet undiscovered island the size of kaichou homeland somewhere, maybe between the 2 southern continents?
>>
>>46863425
D. Colonize Veita.
>>
>>46863462

Wouldn't telegraphs also improve Political stability?

Guys, our political stability is SIX out of TEN.

6/10.

This is not good.
>>
>>46863468
We've scoured the oceans and have found no other major landmasses(there's the north and south pole of coruse). Some uninhabited ocean islands here and there, uncharted
>>
>>46863425
>H
>>
>>46863425

>L.Government and laws

We need STABILITY before corruption and incompetence seeps into our entire society you morons.
>>
>>46863489
so its in a yet unexplored area of a continent, or one of the poles. this is awesome.
>>
>>46863468
>>46863489
>>46863553
>A
we continue to search
>>
>>46863559
>>46863468
>>46863430

Finding the Spire isn't going to do us any good when our government is unstable and bloated.
>>
>>46863582
I though our administration was doing ok
>>
>>46863610

It's at 6/10

This is the level in which problems start cropping up.
>>
>>46863521
changed to L
>>
File: Inquisitor knight.jpg (11 KB, 221x300) Image search: [Google]
Inquisitor knight.jpg
11 KB, 221x300
>>46863425

>L

Find out what is causing that low PS score.

I bet its all these goddamn minorities rabble-rousing as usual.

Is it possible to roll a 'check loyalty' score on some of our vassals, after all these conflicts we are getting so little actual information on, i suspect our non-white subordinates are sabotaging our sources and trying to blind us of their insurrections.
>>
>>46863622
shit really switching my vote from >>46863559
to
>L.Government and laws.
>>
File: chinks12.jpg (148 KB, 964x701) Image search: [Google]
chinks12.jpg
148 KB, 964x701
Government spending has been increasing as bureaucracy has been buckling under its own weight, growing more inneficient in managing the largest nation in the world. Public distress was caused by what nearly escalated into a war recently.
Today's agenda in the Council looks at two matters.
Government and bureaucratic ineficiency and corruption.
A.Cut spending and taxes, reduce the size of the government and delegate more legislative power to the regions
B.Reshuffle cabinet, make public efforts to fight crime and corruption
C.Another idea
2.The chinks have begun demanding political representation, having become more assimilated to our culture and a contributing, yet fairly small(between 3 and 4 % live under our direct rule) demographic.
A.No changes will be made, placate them with some regional investments, ceremonies and such, they can always move to Waru Poto, Bei Poto or the SA
B.Give them the right to vote for representatives in the lower house only
C.Give them full citizenship and equal rights, including the right to marry with whites(mongrels do exist, but are not so many and are all bastards)
D.Another idea
>>
>>46863869
B.
A.
>>
>>46863869
>>46863916
A and A, make colonial representation.
>>
>>46863869
B

B
>>
>>46863932
colonials are another matter, they don't pay taxes so they don't get representation at the national level
>>
>>46863869
>B

>B
>>
>>46863869
>B.Reshuffle cabinet, make public efforts to fight crime and corruption
>>
>>46863869
B.Reshuffle cabinet, make public efforts to fight crime and corruption
D.Another idea - All chinks living outside of our vassals can vote for what shall be known as the "chink speaker". Who job is to bring the concerns and problems facing the chinks to the governments attention.

As to the whole marrying whites thing, I want to say it goes against our history but I personally see few problems with; they are as a people basically us when it comes to culture and seem to be as capable in every way. Seeing as such I won't explicitly push for it but if there is a tie then I am all for it.
>>
>>46864027
this
>>
File: 1459748643930.jpg (94 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1459748643930.jpg
94 KB, 960x720
>>46863869
>C

We make efforts to increase public belief that the government will protect them and reinforce this by fighting crime and corruption. Break the nation into "Districts" based on what region their core demographic is and establish more legislative and executive power to these regions, breaking down the way we create and handle laws to better fit the people those laws will affect.

>D

Send ethnic dissidents (mostly the chinks) to orcas to start colonizing that continent. fuck if im going to let one of those yellow slant-eyed gooks tell me they want representation, they can represent themselves OVER THERE.
>>
>>46863869
b

b
>>
The new cabinet has been making efforts to improve bureaucracy and combat corruption. Chinks in our direct lands(not vassals) have been given the right to vote for representatives in the lower house - a decent compromise by all accounts.
With this ends today's thread, I'm still around for a bit if you want to discuss anything or whatever. Will make another thread tomorrow.
>Population:30 000 000 (64% white, 3 % chink,3% kafi, 5% hibibi, 8 % pajit, 4% darkskin,12% ramki)
>>
What year is it in game?
>>
File: Map of the North.png (1 MB, 3592x1682) Image search: [Google]
Map of the North.png
1 MB, 3592x1682
>>46864190
About 1100 years since we fled to the tundra I'd say.
Here's a map from around the second feen war, I'd say 650 years ago
Maybe I should have started keeping track from the beginning, but I have some rough idea I suppose
>>
Hep Bulgar, gotta ask.

How are you going to handle our quasi-singularity? I mean, now that we have reached at least the early era of the industrial revolution, our tech growth is going to skyrocket even higher than it did before.

So is it going to translate as like, a third roll or something?
>>
>>46864351
I'm considering something like having every regular post with the stat updates and options to act as a roll by its last two digits, which would point to how much progress has been made by the private sector in this period of time that has passed and if it's a good amount I will report it on the next turn for instance.
>>
>>46864407

Neat, I mean, our own IR was 300 years ago, and we've come frankly ludicrously far in the time between.
>>
>>46864407

So how are the Kaichou and Sunset Alliance compared to us, tech and street-wise?
>>
>>46864430
yeah, I keep presenting options to shift more power to the private sector and be more capitalistic and I suppose doing that would lower the DC requirement of my last digits and we'd focus more on military and foreign policy - but it's up to the players to choose how to develop the nation, there's no right way
>>
>>46864456
If we're around 1836 right now I'd say the Kaichou are 1790 and the SA are 1770 (off the top of my head)
In comparison, the Pajit were around 1700 during the war, the Pacharnati are maybe 1620
>>
>>46864464

I thought e had a good handle on the private sector?

Like, the Government has a firm hold on the actual production of goods, but the Private sector was actually fairly well developed in the actual research and advertisement of the goods that are produced.

This was done to counter the eventual development of monopolies.
>>
>>46864515

Something about those doesn't feel right.

I mean, from everything we've seen and what the maps lead me to believe is that neither the Kaichou or the Sunset Alliance have the economic infrastructure to be that level throughout their civilization.

Is it like a China thing? Decently developed in a few areas, mainly their cities but everywhere outside and in between those cities is vestigial in comparison?
>>
>>46864519
Right now the government IS the monopoly
The private sector exists, but it is subservient to the government's projects and directives at the moment.
>>46864552
I haven't drawn the roads because I've stacked too many houses together, I WAS thinking about it today while updating the big map but left it for later. The chinks and kaichou have main roads that are comparable to our own, the kaichou are currently beginning their own railway projects. If we develop nukes and drop a pair on them it will increase their research speed by 200% and they will eventually surpass us, I'm sure.
>>
>>46864519
Basically, we have a very direct link between the goverment and the private sector, to the point that we are kind of like communists except unlike them we don't believe in redistributing wealth; you come up with a way to make steel 20% faster, you deserve what ever rewards (or hardships) you get. People can get very rich and all that shit but the government has it's hand in every pot so to speak; we partially own or control most industries and entirely control others.
>>
>>46864599
What if we were to drop more then 2 nukes on the Kaichou? Also would it effect they're society and people in anyway?
>>
>>46864650
>a very direct link between the goverment and the private sector, to the point that we are kind of like communists except unlike them we don't believe in redistributing wealth

Sounds like Fascism.
>>
>>46864660
They would develop a radioactive form of Stockholm Syndrome in which they would try to imitate their invader's culture, but end up twisting it into something else, eventually resulting in the development of imageboards with civ threads about a planet with a population that's a lot more than 120 million by the time it begins industrialization.
>>
>>46864722
Pretty much, we are somewhat united on a racial line so that is accurate but considering the chinks are getting some representation that could soon change.

>>46864804
We are kinda ridiculous when it comes to population to advancement. Hell if aliens encountered us now and read our history, they would be worried as by all logic we will surpass them in a short time.
>>
>>46864804
japan was weird before the bombs dropped.
>>
File: hqdefault2.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault2.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>46862619
Shit sorry was at a party
>>
File: 1409196311941.jpg (65 KB, 706x401) Image search: [Google]
1409196311941.jpg
65 KB, 706x401
>>46864336
Ahh memories. May those feens burn forever beneath our earth temple.
>>
>>46865548
I remember that fight, sending our troops into that pitched battle near that river, we did good didn't we?

Also what do you think of our actions in this thread?
>>
File: Low budget suspence.gif (2 MB, 350x242) Image search: [Google]
Low budget suspence.gif
2 MB, 350x242
>>46864804
How would you feel if i ripped some the regions of the campaign and did a little Civ style game where rather than the players acting as a distant council debating the matters of the state from a very vague perspective, i made one about local nobles vying for power and prestige within their state? I mean, it would be a great way to flesh out your world and give your players something to do while you are gone.

Ever since i started to participate more in these games, i felt that local attempts to vie for power would make a decent spin-off series without messing up the game as it is, kind of like a story within a story.

Tell me what you think, and i would really appreciate it if you could help me out by giving me tips as to how to start these types of games, seeing as how you have a good amount of experience yourself.

Pic unrelated
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.