[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /tg/. I need help from creative thinkers to help me with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Alright /tg/. I need help from creative thinkers to help me with my hobby/project. Basically, I make small clay (plastiline) miniatures, in a small world, spanning about 1m x 40 cm. You see, for every colour I have a race/army/faction, and I seem to have more colours than ideas. So, here's where you guys come in. I'll list off the colours I need help with, aswell as the colours I have sorted out already.

• Pink - Neutral Civilians
• Green - Orcs/Greenskins
• White - Robots/Necrons
• Black - Necromancers
• Yellow - Paladins/Holy Army
• Light Blue - Lawful Good Alien Race

The colours I need help with are orange, dark red, purple, dark green, grey and blue.
As you can see, they can be from all kinds of fiction (WH40k, Star Wars, WoW, LoTR, etc.)
>>
Tell us more about the setting, please.
>Dark green
Animated trees/dryads?
>>
There was a thread a while back about warforges that later on became feral and barbaric after the collapse of their original human civilization. That could be grey.

That, or woolly mammoth loxo.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>46854909
The setting is quite random, y'see--.

Basically every once in a while the era changes, and so does the weaponry.

Ofcourse there are multiple apocalypses and scourges and even extinction to some races, but in the end, things tend to work out, only to be messed up again.

Overall the landscape is irradiated desert, hills and ruins, with some structures remaining. No water whatsoever.

Current weaponry is swords and shields, yet somehow airships and cruisers and starships excist-.

Magic does aswell. For example, portals used by demons and necromancers.
>>
File: image.jpg (215 KB, 640x853) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
215 KB, 640x853
>>46854968
Good suggestion, they fit with the timeline. (Un)fortunately grey is a quite rare colour.
>>
>>46855017

OP, if you have the time, can you make a quest about this world of yours? I'm interested.

Maybe not necessarily a civ, but a "lone adventurer" one.
>>
>>46855072
Ofcourse! There are many adventures in this world, which I'm yet to name.

Also, lemme explain relics.
Some times, when there is a member of a tribe or race or army who shows extreme prowess in battle or tactics, they get a hand-crafted custom armor on them, which is symbolic to them. For example, there have been these legends who have been damaged badly in combat, so they get a combination of a medical harness and armor.

Relics are very rare pieces infused with powerful magical properties, that formerly belonged to legends. They even may be pieces of those same legends.
>>
>>46854848
If you have neutral civilians (who are presumably humans), perhaps you should include human soldiers, maybe with the colour blue, which looks sort of militaristic but good.
>>
>>46855474
I've already thought that lighter tones and colours would be the forces of good (with the exception of white.)

Blue is already assigned as City Guard, sorta. A very small army with little to no resources, they work as a police force.

Fun Fact : Blue used to be known as The 88 Gang, a groul that terrorized the wasteland and sieged safehouses with their large numbers. Their ultimate demise came when they decided to invade a fort which was being controlled by a technologically superior group. Due to poor planning and low resources, the losses were devastating on the 88's side, and they ultimately conceded.
>>
Spirits from the past.

Perhaps literally ghosts and spirits that inhabit ruins destroyed long ago. Perhaps some surviving members of the proper civilizations hidden in some unaccessible parts of the world (think Fallout's vaults, or for the other direction a valley with surviving primitive men and dinosaurs).
>>
>>46856101
Now that's a good idea. What colour should they be?

I've already had dozens of vaults here.
>>
>>46856101
Also, there are gods who inhabit the lands. They only haunt the leaders, who may be at the verge of changing the world.
>>
>>46856178
Grey?
>>
I still need suggestions for orange and dark red, the most numerous armies I have-.
>>
>>46854848
>Alright /tg/. I need help from creative thinkers to help me with my hobby/project.
Add niggers, they can steal things, and get forgiven for breaking the rules, but to compensate they can't use any complicated tactics.
Also faggots can infect the things they touch, turning it into more faggots, but they suffer far more attrition ('cause of the diseases they carry).
>>
>>46856411
Tentative suggestions:

Orange might be some sort of tiger / lion-based catpeople?

Dark red might be vampires? Though that might be cliche...
>>
>>46857617

Dark red can be Not!Mongol harpies. Let's get this quest started!
>>
>>46858042
>>46857617
Good idea. A while ago, the red were Blood Angels (WH40k). They're a separate faction.

Orange can be catpeople, I approve of that. I just need to know what their alignment is, y'know? Lawful? Neutral? Evil?

I have decided that purple will be demons and warpspawn, who will be chaotic evil.

The quest would span from one edge of the map to the other. On one edge is the light-blue city.

What race will the light blue be? Asari? Protoss?
>>
>>46857170
Good idea, though this is an alternative universe which lacks subhumans :^)

That's why civilians are pink, all the nignogs died off in the first wave, since instead of hiding in bomb shelters they went looting
>>
UPDATE : Warforged have been added as a race, they inhabit the mountains now. Although small in numbers, they can still sustain life and survive there, though a large-scale invasion will end them for sure.
>>
>>46858281

Light Blue gives me an aquatic vibe.

Chaotic Good penguin kenkus?

Make the lion-folk an evil alignment also, as the whole lions being noble cliche is overused. After all, they should just be killing machines, and nothing more.

(Make a new thread if you plan on questing this OP)
>>
>>46858614
Since Light Blue came with a very advanced starship I always assumed they were aliens, or like that race in World Of Warcraft.

How would it work? Wouldn't a kik group be easier, where I DM?
>>
>>46858934

You see how other quests on here work? Just set one up where it's either a civ game where we play as one of the colors, or a personal one where we control an adventurer.

The best part is that you can update the map with manipulation of the clay.

Whichever way the quest works, just make it a thread. Kik wouldn't work for everyone.
>>
>>46859513
True. I'll give it a shot, then. I'll upload a full pic of the map aswell.
>>
>>46859536

You're MVP man. This has the chance to be something really cool.
>>
>>46859761
Done and done!
>>
>>46855017
You get grey (or brown) by mixing other colors.
Use your brain m8
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.