[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/exg/ - Exalted General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: 1458200450584.jpg (100 KB, 900x628) Image search: [Google]
1458200450584.jpg
100 KB, 900x628
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition

>Final 3E Core Release
https://mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
http://www.mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf

>3E Backer Core (Old)
https://mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE

>Often updated/refined Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill (autofilled with love)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: http://anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e
>>
I want to play Exalted. Is anyone starting a new group or needs more players?
>>
>>46854141
>implying people play Exalted
Please, you're on the wrong website for that.
We're here just for the arguing and made up stories.
>>
>>46854141
Sorry, seen enough horror stories about players and GMs on /tg/ to know I'm blessed with the group I have. I only play with friends.
>>
You didn't name the thread.

It's now the "Shallow Critiques of Imperialism and Slavery, a Treatise by The Exalted Writers"

Watching them defend their position without any understanding of the actual history is amusing.
>>
>>46854141
You're better off looking for a group on the OPP forums. If you're a good player and don't weird anyone else, you'll probably be invited to other games eventually. It's how most of the people playing in long-running games got started.
>>
>>46854689
It's pretty straightforward stuff, I don't know why it upsets you.
>>
>>46854799
What's pretty straightforward?
>>
>>46854869
The developers were explaining why their descriptions of the Realm in the Ex3 core aren't 'balanced' or 'morally grey'. They're going into how empires maintain their power and how that isn't nice. For some reason this argument is taking place in the thread about "Spliting the Ex3 Core into two books'.
>>
>>46854926
Right, but what's pretty straightforward about it?
>>
>>46854926
I don't understand why this is something to contest. Empires do horrible shit to people to run. That's like, Empire 101.
>>
>>46854975
So Queen Victoria was a supervillain, doing it just because she hated dirty little negroes and wanted them to suffer?
>>
>>46854957
That empires are awful? It's not a complicated issue.

The people in them might not be awful, but the Empire is.

>>46855010
Either you don't understand what you're reading or you're making a strawman argument, let us know which please.
>>
>>46855032
>That empires are awful? It's not a complicated issue.
Well, I suppose.

But you seem to like reading. Why not do a little and discover that the foundational means of our modern society is based almost solely in the works of empires.

It's pretty straightforward, after all.
>>
>>46855095
If you believe that a good end result diminishes how awful something was then it's going to be difficult to discuss this. Everything has limitless consequences, just picking a positive one is cherry picking.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw4WtmFcnyY
Which Caste of Alchemicals includes ninjas?
>>
>>46855095
Then our modern society rose from putrid foundations.

I fail to see the problem. Lots of cool shit arises from putrid origins.
>>
>>46855142
Starmetal, Moonsilver, Soulsteel or Adamant. Though each would be different in style of "Ninja"
>>
>>46855140
>If you believe that a good end result diminishes how awful something was then it's going to be difficult to discuss this.

>>46855168
>Then our modern society rose from putrid foundations.

What I've established here is that, contrary to your assertions, this is not a pretty straightforward issue. It's couched in nuance and exacerbated by a lack of understanding and perspective.

To say that I find the writers' outlook on imperialism, colonialism, and slavery puerile is a kindness. To have excellent criticism of their puerile outlook dismissed with "you don't know what you're talking about" indicates that these people should not be dealing with paying customers, let alone complex subject matter.
>>
>>46855010

Sure. I don't think she cared what the dirty little negroes thought and I don't think she would've cared whether they suffered or not as long as they produced results, and that's still pretty terrible.

Is there some kind of clever point you're trying to make with this? Like, do you actually think that you're required to have malicious intent to be bad?
>>
>>46855204
It's a perfectly straightforward issue, but you're not talking about it. You're talking about modern civilisation as though it excuses anything that has ever been done in history.
>>
>>46855224
>You're talking about modern civilisation as though it excuses anything that has ever been done in history.
Those are your words, not mine.
>>
>>46855242
>But you seem to like reading. Why not do a little and discover that the foundational means of our modern society is based almost solely in the works of empires.
>It's pretty straightforward, after all.
Your words were:
>But you seem to like reading. Why not do a little and discover that the foundational means of our modern society is based almost solely in the works of empires.

>It's pretty straightforward, after all.

Just in case you've forgotten. If you're not saying slavery and imperialism are arguably justified because their end result is civilisation as we know it then you're going to have to tell me what you meant.
>>
>>46855010

Is that really a problem in this case? I mean, the Dragonblooded are, well, kind of assholes. To be fair, you have to be an asshole if you want to keep power and the alternative is three hundred Solar God-Kings ruling over the world, like in the First Age.

It's only fair to emphasize that if you're not Exalted, your life kind of fucking sucks. Remember, all Exalted are superhumans! They're infinitely better than mortals in every conceivable sense. This isn't even hyperbole, they're just that much better.
>>
>>46855204
>>46855224
>>46855242

I really don't see how anyone can argue that slavery wasn't fucked up. It made a lot of things possible, but that's not the same thing as not being fucked up?

And acknowledging the obvious ethical issues that we as modern people may have with the practice is entirely separate from saying "I wish western civilization hadn't happened."

This discussion is just so ridiculous. There's no reason at all to contest people talking about slavery as an ethical ill, and doing so by saying it's economically sound is a different discussion entirely.
>>
>>46855294
>I really don't see how anyone can argue that slavery wasn't fucked up.
The alternative, for much of history, was being put to death. Slavery was driven primarily by conflict and conflict wouldn't end if one side was not in some way neutralized. Slavery ended up being a humane way of ending conflicts compared to the alternative of slaughtering every last one of the enemy.

But it's all pretty straightforward, isn't it?
>>
>>46855327

Isn't it? Picking between two bad options doesn't mean the one you pick isn't bad. It's just less bad.
>>
>>46855355
So I take it you don't vote in elections?
>>
>>46855204
If you're actually fearing that the writers will turn the Realm into a saturday morning cartoon empire of villainy, I think you can rest assured it won't be the case, because this is Exalted, and everybody, even Ex2's Deathlords are always given "reasonable cause" to do as they do.

What you won't have is Ex1 and 2's treatment of the Scarlet Empire as a world spanning empire that somehow doesn't commit the atrocities generally associated with this type of regime. What you won't have is books that completely gloss over that kind of thing. The Scarlet Empire's hands cannot be presented as clean, because that would make the entire thing completely incoherent.

We can all understand the comlpex underlying mechanisms of empires and what they bring to the world, and still condemn the atrocities commited.

Asking people to not judge those actions seems to me like an appeal to simplification ("The results later down the line are really impressive, so we shouldn't condemn the things done to arrive where we are") rather than actually asking people to understand and evaluate things in their complexity ("Yes, empires commit atrocities. Yes, these atrocities sometimes allow for advancement. No, these two things aren't mutually exclusive").
>>
>>46855327
>We have to brutally put down our enemies somehow! Slavery was nice really?

>Here's some smug sarcasm.

While the developer arguments might be shallow, you're not making any. It's just 'it could have been worse' and 'it turned out well, eh?' while sounding like a smug shit.
>>
>>46855294
>I really don't see how anyone can argue that slavery wasn't fucked up.
Not all Slavery is equally bad. A janissary is just as much a slave as a cotton picker in the american south, yet their lives are nothing alike.
>>
>>46855364
No. That is, in fact, what you are doing.
>>
>>46855362
Jog on Holden, you gave up your right to post here when you threw a hissy fit about the leak
>>
>>46855360
If you vote for a man you think is a monster because you think he has a better chance of winning then you're part of the problem. Picking the 'lesser of two evils' when there are non-evil choices is blindness.
>>
>>46855170
Interesting. I supposed the entirety of the Zonder could be an extrapolation of what would happen if Autocthons Fetich Soul died during the war against the Primordials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZLC2my3xjA
>>
>>46855374
>Not all Slavery
>>
>>46855380
>Somebody disagrees with me and isn't shitposting in the process
>It has to be Holden

Come back when you're interested in actually responding.
>>
>>46855327
How does this make it less bad?

If you tried the same argument to a Roman, he'd laugh in your face if you're trying to insist slavery wasn't bad for slaves. He'd probably tell you "sucks to suck" and you'd probably agree.

Why romanticize it? Slavery is what it is. An ugly institution that can be very economically beneficial.
>>
>>46855362
>If you're actually fearing that the writers will turn the Realm into a saturday morning cartoon empire of villainy, I think you can rest assured it won't be the case
I'm not convinced, to say the least, and I find the comparison to cartoon villainy reductive, to boot.

>What you won't have is Ex1 and 2's treatment of the Scarlet Empire as a world spanning empire that somehow doesn't commit the atrocities generally associated with this type of regime.
That was a similarly un-nuanced view of an empire, yes. That is not something that should be encouraged, certainly.

>We can all understand the comlpex underlying mechanisms of empires and what they bring to the world, and still condemn the atrocities commited.
I find myself unwilling to judge people without all of the facts I could avail myself of. This facile examination of part of the record to reach a conclusion that is absurdly off base is my criticism of such blanket condemnation.

>Asking people to not judge those actions seems to me like an appeal to simplification
But it is the opposite, rather; an appeal to examination. Please try not to be so disingenuous.
>>
>>46855010
>So Queen Victoria was a supervillain, doing it just because she hated dirty little negroes and wanted them to suffer?
No, anon, nobody in this thread has said anything that could reasonably be interpreted as implying that. It's entirely reasonable to see Queen Victoria as a villain, though. Her not being motivated by some kind of perverse desire to be evil doesn't really change that.

>>46855095>>46855095
>Why not do a little and discover that the foundational means of our modern society is based almost solely in the works of empires.
How on Earth is that relevant? Good things can follow from fucked up shit, directly or indirectly, but that doesn't make the fucked up shit any less fucked up.

>What I've established here is that, contrary to your assertions, this is not a pretty straightforward issue. It's couched in nuance and exacerbated by a lack of understanding and perspective.
The horribleness of empires is not coached in nuance. The moral status of the people, especially the ruling class, of any given empire is coached in nuance. Something like the question of whether it would've been better if there hadn't been empires in the history of the world is coached in nuance. None of this is relevant to how an empire as an entity should be portrayed in fiction.
>>
>>46855465
>How on Earth is that relevant? Good things can follow from fucked up shit, directly or indirectly, but that doesn't make the fucked up shit any less fucked up.
So you condemn the American terrorists for their actions against King George and the Crown?

>The horribleness of empires is not coached in nuance.
I imagine it's not coached in nuance is a true statement, but I cannot fathom what that means.

However, the horrors of empire are indeed something that can be couched in nuance. To imply that all actions of an empire are unjustifiable is ridiculous.
>>
>>46855419
>If you tried the same argument to a Roman, he'd laugh in your face if you're trying to insist slavery wasn't bad for slaves.

If slavery was always, totally bad for slaves, then why did people sell themselves into slavery? Voluntary slavery was a thing, historically.
>>
So the Realm now has no redeeming features, it is uniformly evil and will be portrayed as such from hereon in.

Boy I sure do look forward to being able to play a DB. I'm glad that "the lowest slave on the Blessed Isle has a life comparable to the average free man in the Threshold" thing is gone, I'd hate to think my Dynast gave a shit about his subjects.
>>
>>46855419
>Why romanticize it? Slavery is what it is. An ugly institution that can be very economically beneficial.
More importantly - more importantly in my opinion, in the context of Exalted - slavery is an ugly institution, but the people maintaining and benefiting from that institution have largely been regular people, not soulless, black-hearted villains. That is where the nuance should be when writing about slavery, empires and such in fiction. Not in trying to find good sides or justifications for these things, but in trying to give perspective on the way a slave owner or a high-ranking official in an empire might think and feel.
>>
Can an Abyssal attune a Creation manse?
>>
>>46855620

Yes. There isn't any restriction as to what type of Exalt can attune to what type of Manse.
>>
>>46855360
Not that Anon but as it happens, I live in France, and I don't.

I don't actually believe voting for the less evil candidate is the best course of action. I believe letting the rest of the population do so until their elected "representatives" all demonstrate their incompetence or corruption is. Then we'll be numerous enough to cause actual change, and create a new form of direct democracy that fits modern technology and does away with the need for intermediaries and "representatives". Is that course of action beyond reproach? I don't think it is. I think if things go according to this plan, there'll probably be a lot of violence, and a lot of atrocities, commited until we arrive to another equilibrium.

Even if that equilibrium is "good" from the viewpoint of those who'll live under it, I don't think they'd be justified not to consider the atrocities commited to arrive where they are as anything but that.
>>
>>46855509
>To imply that all actions of an empire are unjustifiable is ridiculous.
Nobody in this thread has implied that, though. Empires being horrible does not in any way imply that literally every action they take automatically becomes evil. It's, like, a callous criminal probably isn't motivated by evil for evil's sake, and he might do nice things occasionally, or even regularly, but none of this has any relevance for his crimes or his guilt.

>>46855533
>So the Realm now has no redeeming features, it is uniformly evil and will be portrayed as such from hereon in.
Nobody has said that, and that certainly isn't stated in the 3e core.
>>
>>46855525
I really want you to think about this for five seconds.

Or better yet, go read about why people sell themselves into slavery. I promise you it's never because the perks are so good.

If they're doing it out of choice, it's for reasons of avoiding starvation or death or worse fates, and "they'll give you food while they work you to the bone" is not actually a good thing, it's a bare minimum of living.

Seriously think about this statement, dude. It's really dumb, and ignores the context you're asking people to examine.
>>
>>46855720
>"they'll give you food while they work you to the bone"
if you believe that is what happens to people selling themselves into slavery, then I really can't help you.
>>
>>46855509
>However, the horrors of empire are indeed something that can be couched in nuance. To imply that all actions of an empire are unjustifiable is ridiculous.

This is what you fail to understand. It doesn't matter how justified a horrible act is, it is a horrible act. Owning a person as a slave is a horrible act, no matter what you're doing to the slave, no matter how nice you are to the slave, no matter how comfy their bedroom or nice their life under your velvet fist.

That you chose to enslave them because otherwise you woulda needed to kill them doesn't make it less of an atrocity in general. It makes it relatively less horrible than murdering them on the spot, but it's still fucking horrible.

That's fucking nuance. Going "Oh well you coulda done something even worse if you chose to so I guess we can't really call your action an atrocity" isn't. It's false dichotomy bullshit.
>>
>>46855620
In 2e at least, drawing power from non-abyssal de/manses gave you a long-term internal penalty, which stacks with the one for going out in the day without wearing skulls all over you. But attuning is fine.
>>
>>46855794
>Owning a person as a slave is a horrible act, no matter what you're doing to the slave, no matter how nice you are to the slave, no matter how comfy their bedroom or nice their life under your velvet fist.
An interesting view. Do you apply the same to serf and similar? After all, they were owned by their lords, too.
>>
>>46855833
Yes.
>>
>>46855794
>Owning a person as a slave is a horrible act, no matter what you're doing to the slave, no matter how nice you are to the slave, no matter how comfy their bedroom or nice their life under your velvet fist.

Surely if the alternative is death it would be horrible not to enslave them
>>
>>46855794
What's real nuance is having an empire be horrible without literally every person in it being horrible. Honorable Dynasts and morally upstanding Immaculate monks being a part of the horrible empire of the Realm is what I want to see.
>>
>>46855374
>Ignoring the death marches to weed out the week ones
Yeah being a janissary is just easy living.
>>
>>46855853
Yeah, I'm sure all those medieval serfs would have preffered being homeless and without the protection of the local knight because it meant they were 'free'
>>
File: Solar.jpg (116 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Solar.jpg
116 KB, 1024x768
Repurchases of Immaculate Golden Bow, Glorious Solar Saber, and Glorious Solar Plate allow me to take Evocations. Can you do this with Solar XP? I don't think you can RAW.

While we're on the subject, if you were to reduce Hearthflame to 4 or 5 Evocations, which ones would be the best in order to capture it's themes?
>>
>>46855940
Consider the fact that the onus of being a shit is not upon the serf but upon the lord.

Of course, if serfdom didn't make sense as a system, it wouldn't have happened. It's not exactly fair, or nice, but it worked, and it especially worked well for those who were on the top.

There's your nuance, anon. A lord is not cruel for the sake of it, but because the benefits of doing so are obvious. They may even show compassion or respect for those at the bottom of their system. The fact is that the reason systems like slavery existed is because it made economic sense for a nation-state to engage in the practice regardless of its cruelty.

The reason such systems are completely unjustifiable now is because they are cruel AND there is no longer any benefit in engaging in such practices.
>>
>>46855833
>An interesting view.
Calm it down, I can *hear* your smug smile from over here. (This is intended in jest! Don't take this seriously!)

>Do you apply the same to serf and similar? After all, they were owned by their lords, too.
Fuck yes I do.

Do you want the short of it? I don't believe we've ever come up with a good way of governing people *ever*. We've only gone from a terrible way to a less terrible way, with the occasional regression of course.
>>
>>46855854
Surely. That doesn't make enslaving them any less horrible than it is.

The whole point has always been that not picking a horrible option doesn't make the option you pick any less horrible.
>>
>>46855720

> If they're doing it out of choice, it's for reasons of avoiding starvation or death or worse fates,

So? It's the same reason I go to work every day. If you do something to avoid a "worse fate", doesn't that therefore mean that the thing you are undertaking is "better" than the alternatives?

If you're starving to death, then the "perk" of actually being fed starts to look pretty good.

> "they'll give you food while they work you to the bone" is not actually a good thing, it's a bare minimum of living.

Ahh, poor Tiro, worked to the bone until he died at the age of 99, master of his own estate ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Tullius_Tiro )

As a whole, slavery is not a good institution. But to sweep the whole institution under the same narrow umbrella is just pig ignorant. Slavery to a slave working as a Roman bureaucrat was an entirely different thing than slavery to an African slave on an American plantation.

And yeah, in a society that didn't have the extensive safety nets that modern societies have, slavery was sometimes of net benefit to the slave. It was the exception more than the rule, but it wasn't unknown.
>>
>>46856075
Ah, so the realm valuing it's own existence makes them irredeemably horrid?

Of course my mistake, nobody should ever have anything because it means someone else won't.
>>
>>46855940
How about the local knight doesn't accaparate the entire fucking forest, plains, hills and shit for leagues on end, and doesn't break in the door of anybody who tried to cultivate/hunt/have a wank without asking for permission and "paying dues" first?
>>
>>46856134
Well, if you're fine with being murdered by brigands or a roving army, sure.
>>
>>46856079
Sure, but the fact remains that slavery exists mainly to benefit the slave-owner. There are degrees in treatment, and some can even be treated well, but Rome existed mainly to benefit those at the top first, those at the bottom little, and to ream the places outside of it as hard as they could manage.
>>
>>46856115
>Ah, so the realm valuing it's own existence makes them irredeemably horrid?

Aaaaaand this is where this conversation ends.

It's clear you're only in this for the trolls.

I'll be in my bunk if anybody needs me. Wanking looks more productive than this.
>>
>>46856115
>Ah, so the realm valuing it's own existence makes them irredeemably horrid?

No no, the Realm is quite good to its own citizens, especially if you're a Dragonblood, but even peasants benefit from stability and things like better health-care.

This is because the Threshold are the ones footing the bill, and for them the Realm existing causes far more damage than benefit!

It's not a hard concept.
>>
File: 1424472133184.gif (3 MB, 740x416) Image search: [Google]
1424472133184.gif
3 MB, 740x416
I want to play Exalted!
>>
>>46856221
So anyone playing a DB must be an irredeemable cunt purely by the nature of what they are or a black sheep martyr fighting against the Realm's tyranny?

>>46856237
Tough
>>
>>46856115
Ensuring the Realm's continued existence requires horrible acts to be undertaken, yes. That's also something we've been talking about for a while now.

Are you going to contribute, or just ask questions that are all already answered?
>>
>>46856237

You've come to the wrong place anon. No one here actually plays it or even wants to. It's all just theorycrafting and shitposting.
>>
>>46856255
>So anyone playing a DB must be an irredeemable cunt purely by the nature of what they are or a black sheep martyr fighting against the Realm's tyranny?
Nobody's fucking claimed that, you unsufferable cunt.
>>
>>46856282
If the Realm is awful simply for existing, then by extension all Dynasts raised within that realm must also be awful
>>
>>46856269
Someone posts this in every thread. Nobody posts here looking for people to join their group because the people that post here are shits. We play with our friends.
>>
>>46856175

Yeah, but that's not the position I was arguing against. Of course, slavery sucked. That's why, as societies have developed we've moved away from it.

But that's different from casting all societies that engaged in slavery as irredeemably evil, and asserting that all slaves lived lives that were brutal, hard, and short. That's just modern egotism projecting your ethical norms back into a society that was far less developed.

Rome/Greece/Egypt/pretty-much-every-ancient-civilization-ever weren't evil - they were primitive. More primitive than modern societies, anyway.
>>
>>46856326
This absence of logic is why only one person is bothering to talk to you.
>>
>>46856221
>the Realm existing causes far more damage than benefit!
Sorry, but this is wrong. "Still existing because the Balorian Crusade didn't destroy Creation" outweighs whatever damage the realm does
>>
>>46856337

Yeah, I just post here instead of prepping for the all day game I said I'd run in 24 hours time.
>>
>>46856237
>I want to play Exalted!
Nobody wants to play with the shitlords in this thread, anon. Try somewhere else.
>>
>>46856237
I only run ERP Exalted games for cute people.
>>
File: 4Evr.png (9 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
4Evr.png
9 KB, 226x223
>>46856337

>We play with our friends.

The ones that are lucky enough to have any.
>>
>>46856425
Who's your OTP?
>>
Yesterday, we had one of my favourite sessions of e3 so far, and it didn't even feature any dice rolls. It was great.
>>
>>46856174
"It's totally not horrible guys! It's just extortion with threats of violence!"

Also obviously you're right, and Servitude was so efficient serfs never saw they fields and houses burned down by brigands or armies.

Oh wait!
>>
>>46856459
Tell us more of that miracle, Wise Anon of the Diceless Game!
>>
>>46856491
>It's just extortion with threats of violence!"
>demanding payment for your protection is extorting people with threats of violence.
>>
File: Han Solo Crab-Man.jpg (481 KB, 1225x1225) Image search: [Google]
Han Solo Crab-Man.jpg
481 KB, 1225x1225
>...."fuckin' Raksha"
>>
>All of these solaroid scum slandring the true masters of the universe
>>
>>46856445
The Abyssal x The Solar
>>
>>46856506
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but I'll just assume you're not:
It was a party after a couple of very hard days. It cheered up the group of refugees we've been protecting, helped prevent a shadowland from forming and was payment for a group of ghost soldiers we're allied with.
Most of the people we befriended over the campaign showed up, lots of character interaction both PC to PC and PC to NPC, several PCs got laid, one more could have but was too shy. The ST was basically running like 3 scenes at the same time as we split up to talk to people.
>>
>>46856326
No, anon, that does not follow at all. European colonial empires were pretty horrible, but it does not follow that every citizen of those nations was horrible. Romans did some fucked up shit, but it doesn't follow that every individual Roman, or even every powerful, influential Roman, was fucked up. The things nations do aren't solely due to desires and qualities of individuals.

>>46856522
Demanding payment for protection that nobody's asked for from nations that could protect themselves from mos threats aside from the Realm is exhorting people with threats of violence, yes.
>>
>>46856666
>Demanding payment for protection that nobody's asked for from nations that could protect themselves from mos threats aside from the Realm is exhorting people with threats of violence, yes.
What? We were talking about knights protecting their serfs
>>
>>46854701
Ugh, I'd rather play with people from Roll20 or even Game Finder threads than that incessant hugg-box. People on OPP forums are insufferable.
>>
>>46856527
Best part is, you know what most Solars do after they send off a wyld hunt that went after them?

They go on to conquer.
>>
>>46856711
Ah, I got kind of confused by the also ongoing discussion about the Realm. Still, demanding payment for protection is reasonable as long as the payment is reasonable, and as long as people can actually decline both payment and service. Responding to refusal to pay with violence instead of withdrawal of protection is pretty damn evil, from a modern perspective.
>>
>>46856525
What on earth...
>>
ITT: "Wah, my DB won't be able to be a smug, self-righteous cunt to the Celestials about my super-awesome, always nice, never evil empire! There's no way I can play a politician who wants to bring about change from the inside!"

All this talk of nuance and lesser evils is nice and all for a game that doesn't feature the Exalted, who are able to take two bad choices, reject them both, and create a good one. They just have to try. Every single "benefit" that one gets from being enslaved could be attained if the Exalt actually gave a shit and did the right thing, regardless of their safety. The entire game line sells itself on high-fantasy heroism along the lines of traditional anime storylines. If you're trying to morally justify slavery in Creation while the Exalted still exist, you're playing the game wrong.

inb4 "My character doesn't want to be a black sheep or die." Aww, well that's too bad. I guess you're just going to have to be complacent and directly implicit in the continuation of the evil institution of slavery, seeing as you have the means to bring change but you don't. "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing," after all.
>>
>>46856722
Which is fine. Just setting aside modern perspectives and a player's broad outsider's view on the setting and playing a character who considers Dragon-Blooded loathsome tyrants because they oppress him and people he cares about while not thinking anything about oppressing people he hates or doesn't give a shit about is fine. Playing a Dynast who enjoys the Dynastic lifestyle and does what's asked of him to support the Realm and his own House with no moral qualms, and who's also kind of an okay guy when it comes to personal interactions and who considers himself a good person, is fine. Embracing the way people in the setting think, even if it's kind of loathsome or irrational or hypocritical in some ways, is not only fine, it is good roleplaying.
>>
>>46855794

That would be a great philosophy for Exalted characters who are, by rules, kind of crackpots. I can totally see a mad heroic Solar saying 'Slavery is Evil because it was said so by the Illuminating truth of the Unconquered Sun, or because I decided it so in my soul'. Really fun. Really old-school heroic psychopathy.

Of course, in real life, things are really, really more complicated, and slavery is not inherently bad or evil, depending on the circumstances. But a Solar deciding to kill all slavers because they are evil by nature whatever they do? That would make a good and fun character.
>>
>>46856873
If a bit simplistic one. But hey, at least they're being straight-forward!
>>
File: 104100.jpg (51 KB, 350x411) Image search: [Google]
104100.jpg
51 KB, 350x411
>ducky learned a valuable lesson that day - never trust the Fae
>>
>>46856873
Exalted. Real life.

Pick one.
>>
>>46856607
I don't ever give a Title to someone in jest. I really like to hear about other players who run entire sessions without rolling dice in a crunch-heavy system, because it's something we find ourselves doing a lot too, and it's good to see we're not just weird.
>>
>>46856794
No, this thread is about fighting strawmen. >>46856255 This guy's been busily misrepresenting the arguments of one side of this discussion, it's good of you to step up to do the same for the other side.
>>
>>46856873
>Of course, in real life
I'll stop you right here. Secular morals are a thing, and under those, owning another human being is bad, period. Sure there are varying degrees of bad, but bad is bad, and attempting to tapdance around the fact that it's bad by arguing it's less bad than another atrocity makes no sense. I invite you to read up on those.
>>
File: 1452437977353.jpg (26 KB, 654x560) Image search: [Google]
1452437977353.jpg
26 KB, 654x560
Enough of this shit.

Give me stories about great Familiars
>>
>>46856794
Good (as in, good people) Realm DBs are a dime a dozen. Some are corrupt, sure. Some are decadent, some are rapists (like Mexicans), but there is a good number of them who sincerely believe they are doing good, and most of the time, are actually doing good.

Remember. The Realm is not only here to take all your money and to kill solars and lunars. The Realm protects Creation against the Fair Folk, mad gods, things from the Underworld, and all kind of evil and nasty creature. Creation survived because of the Realm.

When you are assailed by a mad ghost that wants to drink your soul by all the pores of your skin, who you gonna call? Most of the time, the only real authorities who can, actually, do something are the Realm or affiliated to the Realm. Of course, a DB can swoop around and decide to take you, your house and your family, but it's life.

> If you're trying to morally justify slavery in Creation while the Exalted still exist, you're playing the game wrong.

What? What if the Exalted wants slavery? I'm sure my Presence 5 Zenith can find moral justification for slavery if he wants to. After all, it's not like slavery is capital e Evil, and in fact, it's a pretty minor issue in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>46857169
One of my players has a bear familiar. The bear saved her skin a couple times, had a bunch of cool moments, and in time has become one of the mascots.

Then the giant whale under the city was necro'd back to unlife, and now the bear's reported missing, last seen falling with the rubble until the dust was too thick to locate it.

My players are worried sick.

The bear is fine though.
>>
File: Robin.jpg (28 KB, 500x746) Image search: [Google]
Robin.jpg
28 KB, 500x746
>Lunar with Perception Excellency
>>
>>46857290
That sounds fun. Only memorable familiar I had was a crow in D&D and the Rogue ended up caring more about it than I did.

How did bear survive?
>>
>>46857146
>Secular morals are a thing, and under those, owning another human being is bad, period.

Some secular morals are agnostic when it comes to owning other human beings, and some other are actually pretty okay with slavery and advise for it in some situations (Confucianism).

You seem ignorant and unable to think out of your own moral and value. You seem even more unable to think the moral and values of Creation, a fictional world with magic and divinely empowered humans.
>>
>>46857311
>That one Solar Awareness charm that lets you hear your name from anywhere
>>
>>46857479
Is that why people in the First Age said M_R_L_?
>>
Guys, throw some ideas my way. I decided to go full retard with Brawl and take the entirety of the ORA ORA ORA combo at chargen, but I'm planning on branching out from there.

But I thought "hey, since I'm going full retard anyway, I might as well double down on the crazy and combine it with Shining Point". So I'm gonna be getting Shining Point Charms with my Solar XP.

The issue is, I need a Mentor to teach me Shining Point. What can I do to not dragg the game down with this shit? How do I mentor while staying mobile?
>>
>>46857524
>How do I mentor while staying mobile?

There's a Demon for that.
>>
>>46857523
Yup
>>
>>46857479
You have to have a Major of Defining Intimacy towards the person saying it. Specifically a positive one.

So, no, probably not. Unless you can game the Intimacies by putting

>All of Creation's Denizens (Protectiveness)

as an Intimacy and have it ping off the group one.
>>
>>46857524

You ought to be able to learn MA styles from things such as books and scrolls. Just say that you found a tome of fighting styles and that you study it in your down time.
>>
>>46857449
The bear survived because I want it to come back at the best possible time for a dynamic entry, obviously.

I don't see much of a point in killing it, and I'm sure it would sadden my player greatly, so it's not dead.
>>
File: 1445684922242.png (234 KB, 476x493) Image search: [Google]
1445684922242.png
234 KB, 476x493
>>46857593
>>
>>46857557
>All of Creation's Denizens (Protectiveness)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrCPEqDiXik
>>
>>46857279
Another and related thing to remember is that the Dragon-Blooded don't 'see' the whole setting like players reading the books do. They see bits and pieces of it, and those they see through the lenses of their upbringing. When the Realm fights to protect a satrapy from the Fair Folk, it might *really* be defending its own income and strategic interests, and that income and those strategic advantages might support and contribute to the Realm's oppressive rule in general A Dragon-Blooded officer putting his life on the line to defend that satrapy doesn't necessarily think about these broader ramifications, he might just be doing his duty, not just his duty to the Realm, but his duty as a protector of the Creation and guardian of his lessers. He might be doing a noble thing, and nothing in his experience would necessarily indicate that his *actually* helping a cruel empire keep the world under its rule.
>>
File: Solar 3e.jpg (327 KB, 700x1812) Image search: [Google]
Solar 3e.jpg
327 KB, 700x1812
How did they make this WORSE in the final release
>>
>>46857479
BeetlejuiceBeetlejuice Beetlejuice...

It's showtime...
>>
>>46857524
Talk to your ST about it. Introducing a mentor character who could travel with the party would be cool. Like, maybe an aged mortal master of the style, too old to really fight anymore, one who might consider training an Exalt a worthy legacy to leave behind, or something like that.
>>
>>46856002
Not RAW, since they degree that Solar XP isn't for Charms.
>>
>>46856237
Source?
>>46856445
Sunset x Anja
I'm probably misremembering the fuck out of those names
>>
>>46857709
what?
>>
>>46858441
The stickmen at the bottom, I'm guessing.
>>
File: Untitled.png (442 KB, 318x624) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
442 KB, 318x624
>>46858441
>pic was supposed to be all the Exalted attacking a great enemy of the Gods
>explicitly told not to make it jut a Solar winning by being a Solar

So what they came up with was a single Solar defeating the enemy with Lunars just chilling in the panel below.

And then when they redo the art, what do they do to correct this? Why make the solar even more prominent and remove the Lunars entirely, of course.
>>
>>46856002
>Hearthflame
If you were limiting it to four evocations, then you could make a chain out of
Burning Sky Corona
Blood of Mountains Mantle
Spirit Totem Defense/Ferocious Guardian Icon
Twofold Victory Mantle/Fivefold Victory Mantle

But I'm not sure what the theme of Heartflame is supposed to be other than "the orichalcum sword" or "a sword that a Dawn Melee guy would probably be good with". Beloved Adorei, Spring Razor and Volcano Cutter have good themes, Heartflame does not. As much as I want an Orichalcum Daiklave for my Solar, I can understand why it didn't make it into the final book.
>>
>>46856537
>>46858394
Is it weird that the moment I felt most appreciated and vindicated as a writer was when people started shipping the characters I was writing?
>>
>>46858835

>As much as I want an Orichalcum Daiklave for my Solar, I can understand why it didn't make it into the final book.

Yeah, it kind of felt powerful but bland, but the three swords you listed don't really seem like good candidates for being a basis for GSS, they're all distinctly their own things.
>>
>>46854689

Hi Valles, over here to do your complaining under the cover on anonymity where you don't have to be a non-troglodyte? Good shit bruh, Preach.
>>
So I'm going to start an Exalted game on the internet and I have a couple questions.

1) How on earth do I handle rolling the dice online? I know servers like sup/tg/ have dicebots, but they are more geared for totals instead of counting successes.

2) Is there any value in using Roll20 for sharing content (pictures of landscapes, towns, rough maps)? I've only used purely IRC in the past.

3) What are some good 'interview' questions to ask players. My experience with recruiting for online games is that I'll get a dozen or two people looking for a game and have to choose the best, somehow.
>>
>>46859146

I am using Rolz for dicebot purposes. There is an option to give the individual dice roll for the room or you could just scroll over the !.
>>
>>46859146
Roll20 has a dicebot that adds up the number of rolls above/below a certain number. For double 10s or whatever, you'll have to count them up by hand, but that's really a very minor problem. It lets you add pictures for maps and stuff, and lets all the players draw lines and shapes on it like you're actually sitting at a table or something.

Ask players about their characters, grill them on subjects and areas that they've skipped over.
>>
>>46859146
>3) What are some good 'interview' questions to ask players. My experience with recruiting for online games is that I'll get a dozen or two people looking for a game and have to choose the best, somehow.
Ask them if they're cute. Cute people never go wrong.
>>
>>46859107
Bitch comes to 4chan thinking we regularly shitting on the devs for free means he'll get some easy support, and /exg/ turns on him. Tough. I think he left though.

FF Captcha I can't tell the difference between cabage and salad in your tiny fucking pictures for ants, fuck off!
>>
>>46859146
>3) What are some good 'interview' questions to ask players.

Scenario: I have consensual sex with a woman and the next day she tells me she intends to report me to the police for rape.

Given the lifelong implications of even being accused of a sex crime, am I justified in killing her and claiming self defense?
>>
>>46859393
Is this something you often talk about?
>>
>>46859146
>What are some good 'interview' questions to ask players.

About the players themselves, or about their characters?

About players: Ask questions that check whether they're on the same page (both each other and you) about drama-inducing things such as degree of PvP allowed, rape and slavery on screen, passing secret notes, flagrant rule zero, partial participation in extended scenes.

About characters: When something unusual comes up, such as "need nonstandard plate armor" or "need help rooting out a spy", ask where the characters would go or who they turn to. Are they the sort of person who visits a large trading post, or orders from a blacksmith, or hires an agent to get the plate armor for them?
>>
>>46859519
No, but I ask this every time I go to the local schools to cause arguments. Kids can never give a straight answer.
>>
>>46859595
'No, you're not justified' seems simple enough. The law doesn't really cover vigilante preemptive strikes, nor should it.

In Exalted it's not really going to come up.
>>
>>46859656
>'No, you're not justified' seems simple enough.

So you'd think, but kids have a weird opinion of how the law works. Which is the entire point of the question.
>>
>>46859656
>In Exalted it's not really going to come up.

If you only ask people shit that they already know the right answer to, you're never going to get a useful response.
>>
>>46859146
>1) How on earth do I handle rolling the dice online? I know servers like sup/tg/ have dicebots, but they are more geared for totals instead of counting successes.

Roll20 has a solid tool for that.

>2) Is there any value in using Roll20 for sharing content (pictures of landscapes, towns, rough maps)? I've only used purely IRC in the past.

To make it short: yes. It works.

>3) What are some good 'interview' questions to ask players. My experience with recruiting for online games is that I'll get a dozen or two people looking for a game and have to choose the best, somehow.

Except the basics? I usually ask what themes they'd like to introduce to the story and if they have a solid idea to move the plot forward. Sometimes I also ask, in what way would they want their characters to fail during the game. That in my experience weeds out the people I personally don't really wanna play with, but I don't really know what kind of players you're looking for anon.
>>
Is Red Moon a thing on Creation?
Was wondering as saw one rising just now while out on a smoke
>>
File: 1382826916579.png (53 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1382826916579.png
53 KB, 700x500
>>46858846
Good group
Best characters
>>
>>46859393

You should make it known that your policy to being falsely accused of rape is to reify that accusation.
>>
>>46860290

In general, all celestial phenomena that happen on earth also happen on Creation, the reasoning/timing is just different.

e.g. auroras happen, but they're the Moon's doing, rather than the Sun's
>>
>>46858846
Meh. I'm still waiting for fanart plus that smut you promised.
>>
>>46860596
Did I promise smut? I mean, I can't help you with fanart, the best I can do is Storytime and describe and hope someone gets inspired.
>>
>>46859393
>Given the lifelong implications of even being accused of a sex crime, am I justified in killing her and claiming self defense?

What, it being swept under the rug and you getting away scott free even if you actually did rape her?
>>
>>46860668
How will you deal with Resonance?
>>
>>46860693
of course not; rape is rape

But if you are innocent, should you have to live with the guilt?
>>
>>46860668
You did. By all means, I want to hear more storytiem.
>>
>>46854007
>http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/
This thing went down.
>>
>>46861166
> http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/
What was it?
>>
>>46860290
Malfeas has a red moon. Kimbery's third soul, I think.
>>
>>46861254

>http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/

The one player Exalted tutorial.
>>
>>46860732
We're using 2e's Shards of the Exalted Dream alternative resonance rules. On a more personal note, Truth spends a lot of time in the underworld, and has far less ethical or moral problems with murdering people that she doesn't have any particular attachment towards than she used to, so I imagine if she hears about injustice in her kingdom, or nearby, she has no problem flying a ghostly tornado out there, landing it, finding a corrupt warlord or mayor of a small town, and taking everything he holds dear from him, removing his power base violently, unleashing a small cataclysm on his supporters, and then telling the town they're free to do whatever now.

>>46860789
Was it specifically AnjuxTruth? Fuck man, I don't know. Anju is -not- my character and it feels kind of weird to write smut including her.
>>
File: 1436372265397.png (146 KB, 350x256) Image search: [Google]
1436372265397.png
146 KB, 350x256
What are hekatonkaries supposed to be? 2e seemed to want to talk about them, but never did. They included ghosts of demons and random Labyrinth behemoths and almost normal people with abyssal powers.
>>
>>46861971

>What are hekatonkaries supposed to be?

Hekatonkaries are to Neverborn as what Behemoths are to Primordials.
>>
>>46861950
>Was it specifically AnjuxTruth? Fuck man, I don't know. Anju is -not- my character and it feels kind of weird to write smut including her.

Man, I will not push you, I just think the ship is hawt and what more of it.
>>
>>46861971
Hekatonkhires are the kaiju of the underworld. Ghosts of behemoths, massive necrotech constructs gone rogue, side effects of Deathlord experiments, and anything else in the Underworld that's big and scary and not a Deathlord. It's a bit of a loose catchall category, as demonstrated by this example in Compass:Underworld of the hekatonkhire called the Infinite Prison.

> The entire amphiskopolis is actually a hekatonkhire that takes the form of a giant cube of pure basalt, over half a mile on each side. The Infinite Prison seems incapable of movement, but that doesn’t stop it—the creature can teleport itself anywhere in the Labyrinth that its Neverborn masters desire.

> Although its walls seem featureless, the prison can open an entry point for those who want inside. Presumably, it could do the same if it wanted to release one of its prisoners. It has never done so.
>>
>>46862180
If one was to write smut, where would one even accomplish that? Where would one post it?
>>
>>46862430

There are regular smut threads on /d/. They started on /tg/ before they had to migrate.

>>>/d/6785286
>>
>>46862430
You can write smut in 3e AND not get impreg!
See! White Wolf is improving!
>>
>>46861166
Huh.
Shit.
>>
File: karjack art''upgrade''.jpg (1 MB, 1632x1056) Image search: [Google]
karjack art''upgrade''.jpg
1 MB, 1632x1056
Okay, why the fuck did art edits THIN YOUR PAINTS the Mask of Winter?
>>
>>46856237
>>46858394
>Source?
IQDB, for all anime pictures
http://iqdb.org/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.4cdn.org%2Ftg%2F1461427771030.gif
>>
>>46863426
Fat shaming?
>>
>>46863426
What I want to know is why artists never put fucking caste marks on exalts.

Art is the only time where you can show them off. Stop fucking ignoring them!
>>
>>46857524
>But I thought "hey, since I'm going full retard anyway, I might as well double down on the crazy and combine it with Shining Point". So I'm gonna be getting Shining Point Charms with my Solar XP.

Single Point is pretty great, but I hesitate on the term 'combine with' just clarifying that you realize Martial Arts charms can't be combined with Melee, Brawl, Thrown or Archery charms.
>>
>>46863910
Rampage Berserker Onslaught enhanced by Supremacy of War meditation into Heaven Thunder Hammer into Lightning Strikes Twice into Blinding Nova Flare. You can't combine Brawl with MA, but you CAN follow-up Brawl with MA.

Like I've said- full retard.
>>
>>46860789

>The sun shown down on the Tearstained Singer who Drowns in Truth, and she felt, despite her mortal servant holding a black parasol over her, and the veil of mourning, and the general pall of gloom near her and the palanquin she'd just disembarked from, that the sun had centered its oppressive light on her. It wasn't as bad as it had been when she had returned to creation. Adjustments had needed to be made to her dress, the material changed from fur and hide to a strange underworld cloth that flowed over her like a clinging sheen of dark and forbidding water, occasionally catching light and reflecting it softly, in strange and twisting ways, like the moon on a still sea. But even the dress, and the shroud, and the bangles carved from chalcedony, and the singing chimes of bone that keened like mourners when she spun in her dances only barely made the sun and the breeze and the life here feel any less oppressive.

>It was only when Truth summoned up her essence, boiling out of her and into creation that the hectic, pumping, maddened beauty of life came into focus. Virile and red. Pumping away while the rest of creation became muted and soft, while the object of her focus shone with more vibrancy and energy than she could comprehend, till she felt satisfaction of making it dim and return to quiet. For now though, there was the sun.

>Anju, as usual, was whistling, devoid of any seriousness or gravity a few feet away. She'd arrived hours ago and had set the outer layer of her robe aside, along with her massive necklace of amulet beads, and was sunning herself on a large flat rock, almost entirely exposed to the light of day.

>There was a miserable, toxic combination of emotions that poured through Truth, momentarily suffocating her. Part of her was filled with grief and shame. That was stronger. The other part wanted nothing more than to bury her face in Anju's shoulder.

>She didn't know which part she hated more.
>>
>>46864374
IT BEGINS!
>>
>>46864374
>The beastgirl curled back, and supported herself on two arms while her feet went into the air, her tail snaked its way around the amulet bead necklace, each bead the size of a large apple, carved with strange blocky designs of dragons and looping symmetrical knots. When she kicked herself up, she swung her jacket over her shoulders without bothering with the sleeves, leaving her midriff and the parts of her chest that weren't wrapped with strips of cloth bare. Four arms performed four different stretches to work out four different developments of stiff musculature.
>"I've been here for hours. Couldn't you have just taken that wind spirit?" Anju yawned, her pointed fangs gleaming in the sun.

>Truth's gaze lingered for a moment before she adjusted it off of Anju's sun-struck body before she answered. "A palanquin invites assumptions of prestige. A sorcerous wind spirit that makes leagues no less trifling than a stroll to your neighbor invites fear and suspicion."

>Anju raised an eyebrow. "Oh yeah, the spooky funeral palanquin and the creepy skeleton bangles and the dress decorated with bones, that won't be suspicious at all. Also the beastwoman."

>"The point--" Truth said with a note of irritation in her voice. "-- is that our arrival and our appearance do not need a show of occult might to accompany them." Sunset adjusted her hair. She'd worn it long before, now it felt better to cut it short and wavy... It satisfied her need to have a consistent fashionable theme.

>"Well, I'm pretty sure they already saw me arrive at full speed on foot. I stopped over there." Anju pointed to two ruts in the road, a common sight around Highstorm when she was about. At the speeds she moved it was no wonder she left gouges in the earth when she stopped. Truth just frowned.

>"I did ask you to ride on the palanquin."

>"In that freaky thing? No thanks, I'm not dead yet."

>Truth cringed inwardly and put her mirror before walking towards the walls of the nearby city.
>>
Oh boy, I bet this is going to be a typical, relaxing Exalted session where my characters gets into kooky hijinks and-
>YOUR DAUGHTER IS NOW AN ABYSSAL.

AH SHIT
>>
>>46864995
>"What is this place again?" Anju was following along, and by now had fixed her robe back into place, adjusting it so that her less human features were hidden.

>A pointless gesture now, thought Truth, you've already shown everything off.
>"Tolvrik, the only thing that can be called a city for miles near Highstorm." The palanquin followed her, held by six strong men of the North, dressed in black wolf's fur. Despite the sun the air was chill, they were well outside the green paradise they had created in the North, but Truth was no longer bothered by the cold. It wasn't that she looked particularly sturdy like the northerners, it had simply stopped bothering her at some point. Anju was much the same. The mortals quivered their furs while the Exalts stood in the breeze.

>The gates of the city were inviting. Trade bustled, but hushed as the Abyssal and Dawn Caste bodyguard approached. People drew back from her in fear. Even here, people knew what a representative from the Underworld looked like...

>Anju seemed uncomfortable, moreso than usual. "Oh, yeah, real great impression. I can feel the trust."

>"Halt. What business have you in Tolvrik?" The man at the gate had not been stopping others. Grumbles and words of fear were rising up from the crowd.

>Anju, for her part, seemed as though she wasn't sure were to stand. She stayed at Truth's side... but there was something that made her feel as though she was being associated with something wrong.

>"I am the Tearstained Singer Who Drowns in Truth." She stated in a confident voice. "I am here for trade."

>"We've no interest in the wares of the Underworld here, witch. Go back to where you came from." The guard sounded confident... but when sunset used a small bit of essence she could see his life pounding, pounding. Just beneath his skin.

>"The area surrounding your lands," she spoke, focusing her words on the fear in the man's heart, "has become quite unsafe as of late, or so we have heard."
>>
>>46865379
>Truth paused and looked at Anju... the beastwoman's nose twitched, no doubt she could sense something new about Truth she didn't care for. Had she scented her inner satisfaction at the guard's fear? Or perhaps her nose had caught the constant undercurrent that flavored all of Truth's interactions with mortals now.
>Your life is fragile, delicate, and easily snuffed out if I am displeased.

>The guard frowned, unconvinced. "Yes, but our border issues are hardly your concern."

>"But they are my concern. They inhibit Highstorm's trade. Trade that I assure you need not contain any trace of the Underworld in it. Behold, the most ghastly of currencies." She swept a hand out and a chest was pulled from the palanquin and placed on the ground next to her and opened. Silver bars filled the chest to its brim. She waved again and it was returned to the palanquin. The guard faltered.

>"I am here to negotiate an agreement with your leader who I understand is an honorable man who treats his subjects with care. An agreement that will bring mutual wealth and stability. Or. You can continue to fear the dregs that pour from the wounded cities around you."

>There was a grumble from the guard. "I don't see how silver can do anything about that."

>Truth smiled. "That," she said dryly, "is why you are not the ruler of this town."
>>
>>46863976
Ah, lightning strikes twice does explicitly allow it. This sounds so terror. Good on you.
>>
>>46865582
>The deal was, for the most part, quickly and easily satisfied. The town's ruler met them almost immediately. He was easy to convince to enter the small mercantile pact the cities near Highstorm were slowly becoming a part of. Once the oath was sealed by her anima, Truth returned to the rooms they had been given and stared at the dull browns and grays of the furs. Night did not glow here, not like the Underworld did. The stars here didn't dance in slow, comforting spirals like they did in the Underworld.

>"What are you thinking about?" Anju had walked in... almost silent, and there was a questioning look in her eye.

>"Why?" Truth looked over, her expression flat.

>"You smelled... relaxed, comfortable."

>"I was thinking of home."

>"Highstorm? Or something else?"

>"Highstorm." Truth lied.

>"You didn't used to lie so much." Anju said. "You didn't used to like it."

>"I don't like it." Truth said, and she drew away from the window.

>"Then why do you lie? Especially to me?"

>"Because you don't want to hear the truth, which you already know, so I--"

>"What, thought you could make me feel better? I can tell when people lie, I can smell it on them."

>Truth paused. "I was thinking of the underworld."

>"Of course you were." Anju turned to leave. "Do you even care about Highstorm anymore? About the people? About us?" She was talking about the circle of Exalts, but something about her wording caught Truth's heart for a moment. Her eyes flicked to the cask of mead on Anju's hip. Then--
>You're the one that's too bright...
>I'm sorry... I'm so sorry.
>A light at the edge of oblivion.
>Gleaming like the sun.
>Cry, cry into nothing, cry into nothing.

>Truth gasped, and turned away, gripping a bedpost to stabilize herself.

>"Sunset--"

>"That -isn't- my name Anju!"

>Anju flinched, bit her lip. "Truth then. Every time you see me you smell like you've seen a ghost, like you hate yourself."

>"Maybe it's best if you left well enough alone."
>>
>>46865936
>Anju paused, as though she was weighing things in her head. "You don't have to be afraid of me..." She walked over to Truth and tried to use one of her arms to help the woman stabilizer herself, placing a rough hand gently on Truth's shoulder, and a second one on her hip.

>Truth shrunk a bit, her body tensing and on the verge of relaxation. She could smell Anju's sun-perfumed fur, the light musk that clung to her no matter how much powder she used or baths she took, a warm and comfortable smell. She so very much wanted to embrace her. To hold her--
>You murdered her.
>She shrugged Anju off. Anger blooming in her heart. Why couldn't she just leave her be? Why couldn't she just try to -forget- like Truth had?

>Anju lingered, her hands still in the air where Truth had been moments before. Then she sighed, shrugged, and turned around. "I just don't understand, I've met a lot of people that hated me... but I never thought I could make somebody afraid of themselves."

>She left, and Truth had bite a finger to keep herself from crying. She flinched as something sharp pierced her skin and probed her teeth with her tongue for the needle-like tooth that was already retracting. She felt like hiding, she felt like crawling under something close to the ground... Instead, she forced herself back to the balcony, to look at a sky who's stars never danced.

Fin.
>>
>>46855794
>This is what you fail to understand. It doesn't matter how justified a horrible act is, it is a horrible act.
I understand quite well that a horrible act is a horrible act. My point was that the assertion that all actions of an empire are unjustifiable is ridiculousness. Perhaps reading would help.

>That you chose to enslave them because otherwise you woulda needed to kill them doesn't make it less of an atrocity in general.
So you're in favor of the death penalty for violent felons?

>It makes it relatively less horrible than murdering them on the spot, but it's still fucking horrible.
Do you have a point or are you just pontificating?

>That's fucking nuance
No it's not. It's a false dichotomy. Consider this question: "If the hair I split is no longer a hair, and I split it again, is it a hair again?"

Let me know when you figure it out.
>>
>>46866171
Hopefully that satisfies people for a while. Even this fake relationship needs work, I'd feel weird just going straight to romance without the filler.
>>
>>46866171
Exquisite, my man.
>>
>>46866641
Danke
>>
>>46866575

Always great to see Exalts just being people. Remind me again what caste they were though. What about the rest of the circle?
>>
>>46867068
IIRC anju is dawn and Truth is a moonshadow, formerly eclipse.
>>
>>46867169
Truth is Twilight.
>>
>>46867206
oh i thought truth was part of her abyssal name
>>
>>46867169
Correct.
>>46867206
Incorrect.
>>46867256
Correct.
>>
>>46867068

Anju, the Six Fists Sanguine: Dawn.
Pebble, the Boulder: Zenith
Genjo, Even Scaled Surgeon: Twilight
Hussar: Night Dawn, he's obviously a Dawn, why would you think he wasn't?
The Tearstained Singer Who Drowns in Truth: Moonshadow.
>>
Does somebody have any examples on how would a battlegroup stunt?
>>
>>46868574
Go to the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit movies and use the war scenes like the Battle of Helm's Deep as references.
>>
>>46868574

Well, being honest, a lot of stunts work just as well if you describe the battle group as though it's a single huge, semi-mythical creature.

"The Hundred Wolves moved with impossible speed, encircling their victim and baring steely dagger-fangs by the dozen. No matter which way the unfortunate soul turned, they felt the Wolves' bite in their back, opening up cut after cut."
>>
>>46868574
>Dozens of spears fall upon you, followed by dozens more. Mortals are like ants to you, indeed, and these spears are their stings.
>The thugs cut off your avenues of escape in a circle of drawn blades, then close in, grinning as they bring their swords down at you.
>The horde of ravaging madmen howl as they crest the hill and crash into you in a living wave, bringing down clubs and axes and heavy rocks in a lethal rain.
>>
Is there a decent abridged version of Journey to the West? A game I'm planning to run soon apparently has some thematic similarities to it, but 1400 pages is getting to the point where I'd spend more time reading the story than actually running the game.
>>
>>46862430
A lot are archive here: https://1d4chan.org/wiki//tg/%27s_Smut_Index

And yeah, the thread from >>46862492 used to be a regular here on /tg/ until it got banned.
>>
So now that the book is officially out, are there any MUSHs or anything like that active?
>>
>>46868777

there's movie adaptations. didn't one 3d movie come out last year in china?
>>
File: Laughing Cossaks.jpg (1 MB, 2202x1300) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Cossaks.jpg
1 MB, 2202x1300
>>46870153
>expecting someone to code in the entire book only after a couple of days
>expecting someone to expend that much effort for free
>playing 3e at all
>>
>>46870758
Wow, you sure got me man. You shattered my shitter so hard. You win. You can go home now.
>>
>>46870153
There was that one guy who wanted to run a game in Lathe?
>>
>>46868777
Look up Secret Journey. They made an anime out of it recently.
>>
The three men stood with their backs against each other, weapons held in white-knuckled grasps as fanged horrors bore down upon them. Each of them knew that this day would come, from the very first day they had discovered what had actually killed their exsanguinated colleague and decided to take up fire axes and service pistols against them.

You would think they were just crazed, drugged-out punks if not for the over-sized canines, the dead, predatorial eyes, and the way they circled the three men like sharks who had smelled blood. From their high ground atop the shipping containers, bathed in the light of a single bulb, the three men could see each of the bloodsuckers scrambling up the sheet metal sides. One of these men, a firefighter named Vernon Kilgore, felt no fear as the vampires surged toward him. He had walked through fire, again and again, in the line of duty and it had burned away his fear piece by piece, call by call. Vernon had no fear left for tonight.

His axe struck the first lunging monster in the neck and in that moment Vernon’s forehead glowed in a shining, golden radiance that hadn’t been seen on this wretched world for ten thousand years. His mind was filled with the vision of another time and another place, where he stood atop a blood-stained ziggurat bathed in the glow of a rebellious and Unconquered Sun. In his hands he held not a modest, red fire axe but a massive battle axe, wrought from blessed Orichalcum, and he was beset on all sides by demons, the least spawn of the Gods’ foes. They were all unmade by his wrath.

The head of Vernon’s gore-covered axe rested against the concrete floor of the warehouse, the smouldering corpses of the undead described his path down the shipping containers. Each burned where they had been felled by his axe. Vernon panted from the exertion, but no fatigue slowed his hands and no shock numbed his mind. The warehouse was bright, bright as noon in the country.
>>
>>46857041
Misrepresenting which arguments? The ones where the most vocal pro-slavery poster in the thread continually said that the enslavement of sentient life in Creation isn't so bad compared to having your soul eaten, etc.? No shit, Sherlock. Obviously most people would rather be slaves than dead. It's simply flat-out wrong to say that slavery is necessary in Exalted, or necessary for the Scarlet Empire. It's not a requirement for its continued existence, it's just the easy solution for the crooked people who aren't unfortunate enough to have to make that choice. When the game literally has characters that can wave their hands and create life from the Wyld, then slavery ceases to be a necessary evil, and merely the most convenient option.

Or were you referring to the argument that refusing to defy an evil is equivalent to acceptance of it? I certainly hope not, because then that implies that your sense of morality is all kinds of screwy. If a man knows his empire enslaves people, and not only refuses to defy this, but participates in the institution, then he is, by extension, accountable, regardless if defying his superiors results in personal harm or danger.
>>
So all this talk got me thinking and apperently i just dont know how the realm works. I always thought it went sorta like this

Life in the threshold sorta sucks. If you arent part of one of the giant kingdoms that have special resources available, like paragon or whitewall, which is about 90% of the population, then life is a gamble. You just have to cross your fingers that a barbarian tribe or enemy kingdom doesnt come by and kill you and take all your stuff, since most cities wont have their own army. Whats more you have to worry about supernatural stuff, like a fae army deciding your souls look delicious or a yozi cult deciding you would make an awesome sacrifice. Theres really nothing anyone can do about these things, aside from those rare kingdoms that have supernatural stuff of their own

Then along comes the realm who says 'hey if you give us most of your stuff and do whatever we say then we'll use our huge elite army to keep other people from taling your stuff, abd we'll also use our badass demigods to protect you from supernatural things'

Basically i always viewed it kinda lile fedualism, give up basically everything you own in exchange for guranteed safty from random gankers across the world.
>>
>>46865357
>>YOUR DAUGHTER IS NOW AN ABYSSAL.

>AH SHIT
When did that happen?
>>
in 2.5 is the conviction martial art worth taking?
>>
>>46874720
Valor is better, but sure.
>>
>>46874750
cant do valor, wearing heavy armor.
>>
>>46866402
Maybe you're the one who should read the post they're responding to, m8.
>>
>>46873650
That's pretty much how it goes, except the Scarlet Empire doesn't *ask*. One day it just shows up, takes control, kills anybody who opposes it, deposes the current ruler if necessary, and when it asks the question as to wether you want its protection or not, it does not accept "no" as an answer.
>>
>>46873650
>Basically i always viewed it kinda lile fedualism, give up basically everything you own in exchange for guranteed safty from random gankers across the world.
Kind of, but those 'random gankers' include the Realm, which will just take your stuff if you refuse to exchange it for safety.
>>
Debates about the morality of the Realm always come down to Safety vs. Freedom style debates that make discussion of the Perfect of Paragon's morality a shit-show too.
>>
What would Yozi Autocthon be like?
>>
>>46877246
Whatever seems best to whoever includes a Yozi Autochthon in his gamem Maybe like the Primordial Autochthon without his robo-cancer but also without whatever vague sympathy for humans he has.
>>
>>46854007
>cute sphinx girl playing with yarn
Hmm. Stats for Sphinxes:
Merits: Claws (4), Tail (1), Fur (2), Wings (5)
Flaws: Amputee (No Hands, Just Paws: -3 to rolls to use paws as hands)

Doable for a starting PC, though they'll have to spend a couple bonus points on Merits.
>>
File: 1426663220468.jpg (265 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1426663220468.jpg
265 KB, 1440x1080
>>46877306
>also without whatever vague sympathy for humans he has
why not turned to 11 for maximum HALPING!11!1 ?
>>
>>46852092
>So how many attacks could you conceivably get in one turn of combat?
>Looking at melee and assuming all the dice fall the right way for you, it seems like you could launch an attack, then use Agile Dragonfly Blade, then One Weapon Two Blows for three attacks. Spend enough peripheral essence and go straight into Peony Blossom Technique, then Iron Whirlwind Attack with Invincible Fury of the Dawn immediately after that for six more attacks. And then possibly do that last step again if you brought your banner up to iconic again for another six attacks. Fifteen total, and unlike other multi-attack charms you have to roll each one individually.
>Seems appalling to make everyone else at a table sit through you doing that, but surely it'd basically wreck anything if the initial three withering attacks crash your opponent and take away its hardness.

Reposting this from last thread for analysis. Let's try to break it down.

Start: 1 attack.
1W2B triggers on a withering attack lowering target's Initiative from >yours to <yours, you get a 2nd attack.
ADB modifies your Initiative for the calculation of 1W2B, not seeing how this gives an attack.
PBT triggers when your anima hits bonfire: make a 3rd attack, anima drops to dim.
IWA has special activation rules: it can be used reflexively after PBT. IWA creates a flurry with special dicepool rules.
IFotD upgrades IWA's flurry to have (highest of Str,Dex,Sta) attacks and adds some more dice to its pool. So now we're making five more attacks; #4-8. More if you buffed with Increasing Strength Exercise.

Then PBT can trigger again if you spent 15 motes to get back to bonfire anima since it last triggered, repeat from there.

Conditions apply along the way about withering/decisive attacks and other misc shit, but on the whole, I think it's pretty much a fuckup. Not only can you make the huge flurries the devs promised to remove, but you can make them recursively as long as you have motes. Nova c-c-c-combokill!
>>
>>46877306
For some reason I'm thinking of Phyrexia, maybe it's the vivisection. maybe the parts of his Charm tree would be unlocked by dissecting parts of your own body into the structures needed to utilize the charm. It's painful and horrible to watch, but then again we're talking about Yozicthon here, Sympathy has never really been his MO.

>>46877545
Maybe we should mash these two against each other, while he cares about humans, his idea of "helping" is generally seen by outsiders as horrible torture and body horror, mostly because that's what it is.
>>
>>46877648
Maximum Transhumanity, eh?
>>
>>46877667
Indeed, He also doesn't really 'get' why everyone keeps breaking into his World Jouten to 'save' the people he's helping.
>>
>>46877648
Autochton is also the Primordial of improvement. Every time he didn't know how to do something, he improved himself, became better, adapted through his own technology even if it meant sacrificing everything that made him, him.

Yozi Autochton would be arguably the most dangerous of all the Yozi. Think of a super intelligence, patient and cancerous, hell bent at creating and improving himself until he can be freed, and thoroughly, absolutely insane. Phyrexia is a very good comparison.

(Also I really like the end of the 1e campaign about awaking Autochton and freeing him from his disease.
'Yeah, he wakes up, and then kind of fix everything.'
'What everything?'
'Well... Everything.'
Good ol'tochton.)
>>
>>46877897
>Primordial of improvement

Now there's an idea. Forced evolution? "Evolve Or Die" is a bit of a worn trope by now, though.

That said, one of the themes of Exalted is that the Grand Tragedy Cycles keep recurring. The Gods betrayed the creators of the world, and so betrayal is now at the world's heart - so the Solars inevitably betrayed the Sun, and the Sidereals and DBs betrayed the Solars.

So Yozicthon might represent being forced to expand beyond the cycles of existence, to adapt past the need for endless tragedy.
>>
>>46877897
Hell he probably broke his new Fetich Soul into five pieces to make himself more efficient.

This would probably make EVERY part of TED do a spit take.
>>
>>46878326
... and now I think of it, that's actually part of the idea behind what Theion To was for, wasn't it?

So Yozicthon could be the Yozified version of a biomechanical Autocthon that was purged of his robocancer via gift of the Empyreal Chaos.
>>
>>46878343
I am scared of this and I don't know why.
>>
>>46878337
In 2e canon he reforged his Fetich soul into a cybernetic brain implant for himself, to help him understand things outside his direct purview (mostly, to understand the desires of the "little people" like humans and Jadeborn). That's what the Core in the Pole of Crystal is (or, at least, what it was, in 2e; no word on the matter for 3e yet).
>>
>>46879158
One wonders what he's done with it and his 3CD's I'm hypothesizing that it's something similar to Grim Tuesday from the Keys to the Kingdom and his Grotesques (Each of the Trustees had three lieutenants referred to as their Dawn, Noon and Dusk. However, Grim Tuesday fused his trustees into a singular mass and then broke it into seven pieces called Yan, Tan, Tethera, Methera, Pits, Azer, and Sethera respectively. The only reason he did this was because his realm was becoming too large for the original three to police.)
>>
>>46875646
But...why? The protection the realm offers and the dangers every day life in creation offer are both great enough that plenty of people would step in and ask for it on their own. Just letting that happen would be way better for the realms image and the scarlet empress seems canny enough to try that. Besides any nation that could indeed protect itself could also probably put up not insignificant resistance to the realm and so are probably better left alone.
>>
>>46879467
>Just letting that happen would be way better for the realms image and the scarlet empress seems canny enough to try that.
It does happen, sometimes. The realm does not approach every situation exactly the same. Some Satrapies maybe even make a deal with a House for protection, others accept an offer the Realm makes, other's "accept" an "offer" they can't refuse, others get conquered or have a coup engineered after which they promptly ask the Realm for help etc.
>>
>>46879467
>But...why? The protection the realm offers and the dangers every day life in creation offer are both great enough that plenty of people would step in and ask for it on their own.
No, there probably are plenty of nations that could defend themselves against most threats, either on their own or allied with other nations of similar power.
>Just letting that happen would be way better for the realms image and the scarlet empress seems canny enough to try that.
The image the Empress was going for wasn't really of a friend to the downtrodden of the world, but of someone who shouldn't be fucked with. She and the Realm were also sufficiently more powerful than the other nations of the world to not have to play nice.

> Besides any nation that could indeed protect itself could also probably put up not insignificant resistance to the realm and so are probably better left alone.
Nations capable of fending for themselves also frequently have resources or strategic advantages the Realm would really want, even if getting to those resources isn't effortless.

I mean, sure there probably are tribes and city-states and such that have voluntarily accepted the Realm's rule, and that genuinely need the Realm's protection, and maybe even flourish under the Realm in a way they wouldn't on their own. There are *also* plenty of nations that don't necessarily need or want the Realm's 'protection' but aren't given a choice on the matter.
>>
>>46879333
The Divine Ministers are his 3CD. He gave them a bunch of orders before he went to sleep. They weren't very good orders.
>>
>>46879467
Thorns actually did accept the Realms rule. Worked out great for them, the Realm destroyed Thorns' armies in a doomed attack on Lookshy and left them defenceless.
>>
>>46879660
Okay, How many of them currently have robocancer?
>>
So, RichT, the fucker, is ignoring my repeated requests for a refund. I've tried KS messaging, asking KS to intercede for me (they politely told me to fuck off) and messaging his OP mail. What could I try next?
To anyone of Rich's catamites reading this, or maybe to the man himself: ignoring a disgruntled customer for a one-off gain is the worst business decision you could ever make
>>
>>46879948
OK Holden.
>>
>>46877631
>ADB modifies your Initiative for the calculation of 1W2B, not seeing how this gives an attack.

So, ADB says 'once per scene you may use this to enhance the prerequisite', so if you make an attack that drops someone to two initiative higher than you, you pop OWTB with the ADB enhancement to get the extra attack. If that extra attack is another withering attack, and you drop him below your real initiative, you can activate OWTB again with no enhancement for another attack.
>>
>>46879948
I'm glad he's ignoring you just because you're being a whining faggot on 4chan

go get yourself banned from the OPP forums or something, bitch baby
>>
>>46879948
You sure seem like a rational individual whose opinion should be valued.
>>
>>46880165
>I have no right to a refund for a dissatisfying product based on how I choose to express my frustration on an anonymous image board
OK Holden.
>>
Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style isn't present in the bookmarks of the core, does anyone have a version that does? I'd do it myself, but Adobe won't let me do it without a subscription.
>>
So, I'm building a night caste assassin right now and I'm not sure whether I want to go Ebon Shadow Style or Tiger Style. I don't have enough dots to do both, so what do you guys think? Stealth is my supernal, so should I even bother with Ebon Shadow?
>>
>>46880259
>Calling people catamites.
>Ignoring me is the worst business decision you could ever make!

Yes, this is certainly the way to make your case. This was the best decision.
>>
>>46880259
What were you expecting? Sympathy for being stupid enough to pay for a product three years in advance?
>>
>>46880260
Get Foxit reader.
>>
>>46879948
Thanks for helping to fund the game, anon.
>>
>>46880326
>Ignoring me

I'm not the only one who asked for a refund anon.

And it kinda is. Let's say I want my refund for the $180 I dropped on Exalted, but I still am backing W20 projects for something like $200 per year (probably less, I'm only backing W20 projects as fast as they come out, but I still am backing the occasional Vampire or Mage project too)
Ignoring me: you get to keep the $180, I never back anything from you ever out of frustration.
Humoring me and giving me the refund: we leave this ugliness behind us, then it's business as usual
Choosing the first scenario for everyone to which it could apply: sensible loss of income for a company ran out of a living room that depends on a few thousands diehard to sustain itself

And I repeat, I'm not answering for my choice of language on 4chan of all the fucking places, nor I am expecting anyone with half a brain to infer anything from it other than "this guy needed to vent to some faceless people"
>>
>>46880396
faggot ass bitch wasting all that money on shitty owod books

let em fail, run away and cry
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.