[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Useless items d&d/pathfinder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: Dude armor.jpg (152 KB, 1280x1600) Image search: [Google]
Dude armor.jpg
152 KB, 1280x1600
ITT: useless items for dnd or pathfinder

ill go first : leather armor of poison - gives the exact same AC as normal leather armor but you take 1d4 every second action turn
>>
>>46851255
That sounds more like a cursed item than a useless one.
>>
>>46851281
Nah, it's actually incredibly useful. Just drop it on the ground next to an NPC and wait until they pick it up and put it on. Then just wait for them to die and you can loot all their stuff.

I mean, it worked for me in Arcanum, why not use the same strategy in other games?
>>
>>46851255
The MTG player in me wants to find a way to magically shove an enemy into it during combat.
>>
Arcanum was such a shit game though
>>
Wand of Create Wand is one of my favorites, you use the wand and it creates a new Wand of Create Wand, the previous wand immediately evaporates though.

There's also the helmet of precognition.
It allows you to see into the future, but it only extends to 10 minutes into the future, and it shows each and every possibility of the future at once. Can easily fry someone's brain if they're not careful
>>
Mirror of Invisibility. Your reflection in it is invisible.
>>
Ring of detect antimagic field

Vibrates when within an antimagic field. Except it doesn't. Because it's in an antimagic field.
>>
Ring of Regraft Hand

Put on the ring, say the trigger phrase, and then cut off your hand. Your hand will absorb the ring. Then, stick the hand onto the stump of your wrist and it will reattach.

One use only. You have to use the phrase less than six seconds before the hand is removed.
>>
>>46851451
I would put this in some paranoid fuck's house and convince them that they're a vampire.
>>
Pendant of Detect Magic Item

Any time a magic item is within 60 feet of the wearer, the pendant makes a humming noise. This is any magic item including those being worn or used.
>>
>>46851656
Then shouldn't it just glow with a puny amount of magical power and just fade in the presence of antimagic?

Still an easily missed signal, though.
>>
>>46851737
Yeah but any item with a Light spell would do the same thing and iirc it's a cantrip for some classes?

Helm of Amnesia

Anyone who sees it forgets what its magical properties are, temporarily.
>>
>>46851730
Then it's gotta be that whoever's looking at it doesn't see them self, but sees everyone else just fine. That'd work on a paranoid fuck.
>>
Greatsword of Sacrifice

Any time you impale yourself (through the torso) with this greatsword, the wound is replicated on someone else. You don't pick who it is. There is no max range.
>>
>>46851796
Eh, most his friends are imaginary anyway. His mind will project them into the mirror... or something.
>>
>>46851799
>Any time you impale yourself (through the torso) with this greatsword,
I remember reading on /jp/ once the posts of someone who said they had sexual fantasies about being impaled by a sword...
>>
>>46851856
The sword doesn't negate the injury, you just share it with someone. Kinda romantic if you're into blind dates involving impalement fetishes where you never meet face-to-face.

Charm of Skull Magnetism

Hold the charm in your mouth and speak the activation phrase before swallowing.

From nkw, if your skull is ever shattered into more than six (6) pieces, the fragments will pull together and reform. They move at a speed of about 1 inch every day. If a fragment is separated from the whole and cannot join, it will grind itself to dust attempting to move towards the largest piece.
>>
The Real Womb Dagger

It's just a dildo on a hilt
>>
>>46851736
... including the pendant of detect magic item

They already make those. They are called earbuds.
>>
>>46851799
>be in pocket dimension of the bbeg, no one else left
>use on self
HEROIC
>>
>>46851312
That's literally the best strategy for most cursed items.

Something that is useless has no uses, but is also implied to merely have no uses as it's main downside. Actively trying to kill you is a pretty significant downside, so most people would refer to it as something other than merely "useless."
>>
>>46852355

Anon thank you. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to find a way to use it.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.