[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gitrog Monster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: tmp_797-images1396384558.jpg (11 KB, 190x265) Image search: [Google]
tmp_797-images1396384558.jpg
11 KB, 190x265
I am building a commander deck with Nath of the Gilt-leaf, and I have seen some online builds use this thing with that commander. Why, and how do they make it do good things for them??
>>
>>46850827
Here is Nath so nobody needs to go digging. I am making an elf token spam deck with discard and sacrifice to help it make sure my opponent cant summon things that make him happy dince I can just kill a token for that.
>>
why would you make a thread for this instead of posting to the /edh/ general? you killed another thread for this
>>
>>46850905
Or just using google.
OP, fetchlands are a thing, as are Life from the Loam and Crucible of Worlds.
>>
>>46850905
And generals kill boards.

>you killed another thread for this
So fucking what? Welcome to 4chan, newfag, and learn to use the archive to find again your oh so important thread about fucking elves or whatever.

>>46850827
Strip Mine, fetches, Dakmor Salvage, good dredge in general, cool lands.
>>
>>46851033
>Generals kill boards

>"Who cares if I killed another thread!? Fuck you!"

So, do you give +2 on Craft checks for being such a tool?
>>
>>46851072
Threads aren't important, discussion is. Generals stifle it (mainly by being roving cesspools of cancer). See, can't even talk about one thing without some idiot coming in and whining about meta.
>>
Well sorry or whatever but when I have asked in generals before, I get ignored. Here is my question in its own box. And thanks for the answers folks. I still don't quite get exactly why you would ever want to feed lands even if you could.
>>
>>46851421
because in an average deck, drawing two cards means that each card has roughly a 1/3 chance of being a land, plus if you have some form of recursion for your discarded lands, you are digging through more of your deck while not losing a large amount of mana
>>
>>46850869
dumb question: how does the random discard work in practice?
>>
>>46851808
I figure that is something to work out with your opponent. Functionally I suppose they could just let you pick one randomly.
>>
>>46850827
>>46850869

Reposting endgame stax list so you know where this dark path leads.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/my-deckbox-smells-of-rich-mahogany/
>>
>>46851963
I understand the darkness. Someday I may embrace it fully and destroy the souls of my foes.
>>
>>46851808
Normal practice is for the opponent to shuffle his or her hand and lais it down face down the table, and then you roll a dice after agreeing on which number means which card.
>>
>>46853599
In tournaments maybe, but in casual you can just shuffle the hand and present it face down. The player who controls the discard effect picks one of those cards to discard.

Much faster execution overall.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.