[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
game system based on lego? i had a dream where i was the dm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 6
File: 2256x984_s15_mainstage_linup[1].png (510 KB, 2256x984) Image search: [Google]
2256x984_s15_mainstage_linup[1].png
510 KB, 2256x984
game system based on lego?

i had a dream where i was the dm of a lego based campaign, when i needed a dungeon i just build one, players could get some basic form of build skills but not a whole lot, unless they completely specialized in it.

the only things you have with you is what fits on your lego guy, so mainly a backpack and 2 things, one for each hand.

combat was easy made grid based.

could this work? if you made a system around it ?
>>
File: Brikwars.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Brikwars.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46850626
You are not fooling anyone, ND.
>>
File: metalbeard.jpg (143 KB, 1000x1085) Image search: [Google]
metalbeard.jpg
143 KB, 1000x1085
>>46850626
That looks like a fun challenge.

There are no character creation points, no classes, you just get X number of pieces to build you character. Give him a pirate body = he has pirate grog-drinking skills, samurai arms = samurai sword skills, knight's pants = armored legs etc. All abilities are inherent in the pieces used to build your character. Which again depends on what bricks you can find in whatever lego collection tour group uses.

Lets say you get Y minutes to find the parts you want and combine them in a meaningful way, with certain limitations. There's a max to how many pieces you can have, and you need some basics as laid out by the situation.

Dungeons and adventures are constructed on the spot. You have a pirate ship and some spacemen lying around? Cool, now the group are either pirates encountering spacemen or spacemen fighting off pirates. Or they could be spacemen on a pirate ship fighting off pirates in spaceships. Whatever players and GM can come up with.
>>
File: Epic_1280.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1551) Image search: [Google]
Epic_1280.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1551
Brikwars is the name, the attached image is the game.
A super fun minature wargame based arround custom minifigures,and it can be modified for roleplay.
>>
File: Sword and Burner.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Sword and Burner.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46850626
>i had a dream where i was the dm of a lego based campaign, when i needed a dungeon i just build one, players could get some basic form of build skills but not a whole lot, unless they completely specialized in it.
>the only things you have with you is what fits on your lego guy, so mainly a backpack and 2 things, one for each hand.

Check this out.
>>
>>46850738
>>46852969
Brikwars is a great game, but it's not very good for roleplaying unless you are roleplaying armies or squads over the course of campains
>>
File: splash.jpg (76 KB, 600x409) Image search: [Google]
splash.jpg
76 KB, 600x409
There's also BrickQuest

http://gunth.com/brickquest/
>>
>>46850626
You could always use Lego guys as minis in any other system
>>
There's also Mobile Frame Zero, where you build mechs with Lego. It has a modular system for creating mech profiles, where you get about 5 points and have to distribute them among 6 attributes with values 0-3. Maybe you could adapt that element to a character build system.
>>
>>46855786
These modular dungeons are insane
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.