[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #801
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: jumpchain.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
jumpchain.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46823266
>>
>>46846900
>No edition name
You fucked up OP
>>
File: 1460949207871.jpg (69 KB, 600x871) Image search: [Google]
1460949207871.jpg
69 KB, 600x871
We do have a question about an upcoming plan - how likely are We to survive these, in order?

>39. Starcraft: Terran Edition

>25 years old (rolled)
>Researcher [900 left]
>Rolled Abaddon
>Medic (New Companion) [1 Free!]
>Connections [Free Researcher]
>Digital Work [800 left]
>Immunity [Discount Researcher] [650 left]
>Tech Expert [Discount Researcher] [350 left]
>Kerrigan's Interest [600 left]
>Stim Addiction [700 left]
>Psychic (+training) [0 left]
>Move On?

>40. Starcraft: Zerg Edition

>Infested [950 left]
>28 years old (rolled)
>Rolled Free Pick [We're going to Eldersthine!]
>Burrowing [Free!]
>Zerg Form [Free!]
>Willful [Free Infested]
>Evolved Carapace [Free Infested]
>Changeling [Discount Infested] [850 left]
>Infestation [Discount Infested] [650 left]
>Essence Spinner [50 left]
>Personal Zerg Strain [Free!]
>Drone (Elite) [0 left]
>Not Enough Minerals [100 left]
>The Sons of Korhal [400 left]
>Raynor and Kerrigan [500 left]
>A Deadly Dance [700 left]
>Insufficient Biomass [900 left]
>Chrysalis [500 left]
>Spawning Pool [400 left]
>Spawner [0 left]
>Move On?

We must admit, We are not entirely certain which Drawbacks We would need to drop.
>>
>>46846670
Had read it as getting exp in addition to the normal benefits. Still, the issue is more it just plain doesn't fit as a Stand ability, both due to its permanent nature and inappropriate aesthetics.
>>46846321
Yeah, even did a rough outline for her ages ago:
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/40300683/#40304143
Would probably expand on it some but serves as a decent outline.
>>46846477
I'd rather avoid it due to the issue of him being occasionally referenced as existing as YWHW in some of the books. Most importantly Moses and Jesus were both referenced as having existed. Also just don't want to get into stuff that might lead to arguments about Christianity.
>>46846529
Yeah, mostly just want to avoid him more because from what I hear he's rather inconsistent and could easily end up with all sorts of fun arguments sprouting up. Especially with people who aren't aware of the precise circumstances and flip out on hearing somebody went as YWHW's kid.
>>
>>46846462
I think that the Wanderer's Journal put it best: "Though the picture I have painted so far is of a stark and rugged land, I do not mean to say that Athas is dreary or monotonous. To the contrary, it has a majestic and stark beauty. When first light casts its emerald hues over the Sea of Silt, or when sunset spreads its bloody stain over the Ringing Mountains, there is a certain feral beauty that stirs the untamed heart in all of us. It is a call to take up spear and net, to flee the city, to go and see what lurks out in the barrenness." And that's how I feel about Athas - It's easy to think of a desert as nothing but sand all the time, but Athas ranges from sand to badlands to scrublands, and even a goddamn rainforest.

There's also the fact that its life, being adapted to such harsh conditions, is well and away the most unique in a D&D setting outside of Planescape or Spelljammer. Hell, your primary beasts of burden are giant birds and bugs, with giant lizards to handle the big stuff. And that brings up another point - everything about it feels unique. Elemental clerics, preservers and defilers, psionics as a constant instead of an afterthought, and magic fruit instead of potions. Even the races are unique - you might have elves and dwarves and halflings, but the elves are spindly nomadic runners, dwarves are bald piles of muscle who enter states of hyper-focus, and halflings are cannibalistic savages. They're the kind of little touches that really let you imagine a setting, and what you'd do in it, instead of just going "like Tolkien but." Which means that, among your Jumping, it's going to be one of the few settings which is truly unforgettable.
>>
A couple of days ago there was a conversation about the power level of the darskstalksers universe, and the relative ranking of characters within it. But does anybody know what rank you get just from in-jump purchases? Like, if I just purchase everything in the blooded tree what rank would I be? Around Demetri's level?
>>
>>46847056
I'd say that you'd probably only be B rank, where most of the characters are, and need to train yourself to reach A rank, where Demetri or Morrigan are. Not sure on whether you could train to be S class like Jedah or not.
>>
>>46846925
It's more about how well you can strategize than your power.
>>
>>46846456
Ninjas are ninjas man, and those swordsmen would have had how many years of experience over Naruto's couple of month's worth?

I thought Jiraiya undid Orochimaru's work? Didn't he only use a tiny sliver of Kyuubi's chakra to transform Gamabunta?

Hel, looking at the Naruto wiki he never used Kyuubi's chakra to summon 'Bunta at all. And in the manga, he only transformed into a fox.
>>
>>46847251
Those swordsmen are common thugs, not samurai. All of Gato's mooks save Zabuza and Haku are.

Jiraiya did. Naruto had to go into the cage and ask the Kyuubi for the chakra to summon Gamabunta, this was after Jiraiya had pushed him off a cliff and Naruto persuaded the fox by saying that they'd both die unless he helped. There was only a few days between his first summoning of Gama, where he needed the Kyuubi's help to summon, and the battle with Gaara. I highly doubt that he somehow gained enough chakra to do it on his own when he didn't actually do anymore training after the Gamabunta summoning.

As for transforming Gamabunta into the Kyuubi, that didn't require any bijuu chakra. Gamabunta just needed claws or someway to grapple onto the Shukaku and used a Henge with Naruto, who used the first thing that came to mind.
>>
>>46847251
Oh, my bad, you were talking about Jiraiya unsealing in relation to the tenketsu comment. That was when Neji sealed his tenketsu during the arena fight with his Jyuuken and Naruto only opened them with the use of the Kyuubi's chakra.
>>
>>46847361
Wait, does Henge actually work as a transformation? I thought it was an illusion.
>>
>>46847437
It's seriously inconsistent. Sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it does.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Combination_Transformation
This is what Naruto used.
>>
>>46847437
the leading theories are that henge is an illusion, however, either someone sabotaged Naruto's lesson and he managed to learn a true transformation rather than an illusion, he puts so much chakra into it it becomes a true transformation rather than an illusion, or the fox gives him the ability to perform solid transformations rather than illusion.
>>
>>46847437
>>46847466
>>46847527
What makes people think it's an illusion?
>>
I have been working on my stand lately and I am trying to come up with an Awakened and Requiem form for it. Also I read that you can use development potential to train to make it stronger? I am not sure how this works; can you raise it's stats, increase it's power or something else? Anyways here is my stand so far.

Live to Win

Strength: E - A
Speed: E
Range: E
Staying: A
Precision: E
Learning: A

This stand takes the form of a simple laurel wreath upon the user’s head. It’s power is automatic when the user is focused upon achieving a goal each time they overcome hardship in the name of that goal their willpower and overall ability is increased as long as they are working towards that goal. The amount of the increase is directly proportional to the hardship overcome.
This does not seem to work with self-induced hardships and must be actual hardships. Once the owner of the stand achieves their goal or abandons it this stand returns to dormancy, the owner’s abilities returning to normal. Using this stand for extended periods of time can be hazardous as it is possible for goals to become obsessions.
>>
>>46847140
How much will the following abilities help, then?

>Digital Work (Starcraft: Terran)
>Legendary Soldier (MGS)
>Leadership (City of Heroes)
>Monkey Wrench (MCU)
>Glue That Holds Everything Together (GL: TAS)
>Team Player (Young Justice)
>Leadership (Pokemon Conquest)
>Enlightened Self-Interest (Worm)
>Queen Administrator (Worm)
>Cult of Personality (Bioshock Infinite)
>For Queen and Colony (SimAnt)
>Right as Reign (SimAnt)
>Logistics Assistant (C&C: Red Alert)
>Supreme Commander (C&C: Red Alert)
>Power Is Sexy (C&C: Red Alert)
>Quantum Mind, Seer, Evaluator, Burke Blood (Supreme Commander)
>>
Where can I get a skeleton form other than nightmare before christmas? I really want the boogeyman from that one.
>>
>>46847570
Henge for most of it's showings in part 1 is noted to be just an illusion, not an actual transformation. The best example of this is when Sakura uses it to make it look like she's throwing a lot of punches when she's only throwing one.

This seems to get a bit inconsistent as there are times when it gives true physical transformations like the combination technique above. It's probably explainable as just being the result of putting assloads of chakra into it then anything else. Henge as a technique sort of stops being a thing past the Chunin Exam arc, I don't think people ever use it again in the manga, barring some minor uses (Naruto's Sexy Jutsu), but nothing as cool a Sakura's or Naruto's uses of it.
>>
>>46847570
honestly, I'm not sure. If it were an illusion naruto couldn't turn himself and his clones into shuriken and the like and be thrown like the real thing. However, I haven't seen anyone else pull off that trick so that isn't really evidence that anyone other than naruto performs physical transformations. I seem to recall Iruka or someone mentioning the henge as an illusion, but that could just be memories of fanfic and fanon.
>>
>>46847622
Warhammer fantasy dogs of war
>>
>>46847625
>>46847636
What about when what's his face combines with his dog?
>>
>>46847361
Gato was an extremely arrogant prick, but he wasn't an idiot. Those guys followed him everywhere, and seemed to be his bodyguards, so they were probably a cut above, say, those guys who showed up at the bridge.

I admittedly don't remember much from this part of the series, so I'll have to concede.
>>
>>46847655
special inuzuka techniques, not standard henge.
>>
>>46847618
Pretty well.
>>
>>46847622
Skulduggery Pleasant lets you have a skeletal version of all your forms.
>>
>>46847655
Not a henge, those are different techniques.
>>
>>46847622
Skullduggery Pleasant has a perk just for you, comes with a bitchin hat as well.
>>
>>46847625
>Sakura uses it to make it look like she's throwing a lot of punches when she's only throwing one
Wasn't that the illusory clone techniqu that caused Naruto to fail the graduation?
>>
>>46847663
>Wasn't an idiot
He repeatedly antagonises and plans to betray Zabuza, a particularly infamous missing nin. He almost gets killed by Haku early on for insulting Zabuza to his face. He's an idiot.

Both guards don't really have any sort of feat or showing that makes them especially notable, certainly nothing enough to justify defeating them being on the level of defeating Haku, Neji or Gaara.

>>46847711
Was it? My bad if so.
>>
Is any one making a danmachi jump?

Inb4 you make it im too busy with my writefaggotry and jusr curious.
>>
>>46847612
Sounds gureto desu
>>
>>46847798
I must point out that I said "extremely arrogant".

True, they definitely werent on any of those guys levels, but they were still experienced swordsmen.
>>
>>46847843
I know there was talk about it but I don't recall exactly what.
>>
>>46847843
Is that the Picking Up Chicks In a Dungeon thing? I saw the abridged series in YouTube and it was pretty funny.
>>
>>46847904
Well, we don't even know that, really. They just had swords and worked for Gato. They did cut the trees on the way to Tsuanami's place, and probably blunted their swords in the process. They also might have killed a boar?
>>
>>46847904
You also said he wasn't an idiot. The two terms aren't exclusive to one another and often are together, I was just proving why it was so.

Experienced for non ninja and non samurai, certainly nothing near the swordsmen we see elsewhere, such as Zabuza, Mifune, Kisame and so on. In any case, it's at best a minor achievement for Naruto, to beat what is at best a pair of elite mook characters without needing his Bijuu's help. It doesn't change that all his notable victories after that are either due to the Kyuubi helping or an accident like Naruto farting in Kiba's face (He was being constantly beaten until he disabled Kiba on accident and then pulled a combo while he was incapacitated).
>>
>>46847034
>Potion Fruit
I almost forgot about those. Why aren't they a thing in the jump?
>>
>>46848055
Because they're not worth paying points for.
>>
>>46847914
Someone was talking about it, and it seemed like they had some ideas. They never posted anything though, and it's been a bit since I've heard anything about it. Same with the Senran Kagura jump we were supposedly getting.
>>
>>46848093
You wouldn't buy a magic fruit basket for 50-100 CP, or a fruit tree of healing for 100-200? Because I would.
>>
>>46848165
No, I'd get gold coins and buy them during the jump.
>>
>>46848177
If buying the item with money is as good as buying it with points, it's a poorly-designed item.
>>
>>46847682
>Skulduggery Pleasant lets you have a skeletal version of all your forms.
I need to try this with a Shoggoth or ghost alt-form, just to see what happens.
>>
>>46848241
Thus why they're not offered.
>>
Touhou

>Rolled Underworld for location
>Drop-in, 14+5=19 for age
>Human

>Soar (50)
>Magician's Mind (150)
>Focus Undivided (250)
>Doll Maker of Bucuresti (450)
>Tai Chi Master (650)
>Doctor of Miracles (850)

>Miracle Mallet (1000)

>Secondary Canon: Diamond in the Rough

The main perk here is Doctor of Miracles, and it sounds like the other powers will synergize really well with it and end up making me a damn fine healer.

I chose Diamond in the Rough because I actually enjoyed that fanfic, though taking drop-in in a setting that hates self-inserts so much will probably have interesting ramifications. Not sure how much I can change things (god damn Brolli was dense), or if I even should, but the main goal for this jump is to save Catbeast. The quick background explanation for that is Catbeast was the protagonist's pet cat. He went to Gensokyo, forgot about it, and it starved to death.
>>
>>46848277
Hell, pick up that SAO Final Form Perk to merge all of those forms together until you might as well be a memetic hazard.

Personally I grabbed EVA angel form, and mixed with it with me godzilla kaiju alt form, I basically just ended up looking like a Kaliedoscopic crystal Kaiju that really fucks with peoples heads.
>>
>>46848436
>DitR

Dear gods, someone else knows about that?
>>
>>46848544
I know about that. and now I am legally required to take it in Touhou now that I remember it.
>>
>>46848436
>>46848544
>>46848712
What is Diamond in the rough and why is it interesting?
>>
>>46848436
Gonna be frank. I'm not watching this. But from what I've read of the Tv Tropes page, it seems there's two ways my stay in that particular Gensokyo goes down.

Either I appear before it all starts/while it's starting and I beat some sense into the Protag.

Or I pop up in that universe's equivalent of the Windows era's beginning. In that case, I'm putting my Assassin skills to good use.

Thanks for posting your build though. Having something concrete for Secondary Canon instead of switching memes in and out is great.
>>
>>46849146
>Having something concrete for Secondary Canon instead of switching memes in and out is great.

Not the anon you responded to but I too have a clear idea for secondary canon as well.

Its also known as: "What happens if we run almost everything relatively at once and add PC98"

The only thing I'm waiting for is THE FUCKING FOURTH GAME, YUME, HASNT COME OUT YET IN ANY FUCKING COMIKET AND OF ALL THE TIMES TO INTRODUCE AN ORIGINAL THEY DO IT ON THE LAST GAME AND ITS LIKE 90+ FUCKING MISSIONS ACCORDING TO DATAMINES
>>
Uh, excuse me, I know Muyo is gone, but does anyone know if an Unassailable Angel with an s2 engine could pull of Zeruel level feats, you know, no selling nukes, wiping out 32-36 layers of armor, stomping Rei and Asuka, that stuff. Thank you for any answers you can give me.
>>
>>46849302
Oh right I could just post video from the demo about that last part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeoRSosaP4Q

For the record it says something when Utsuho counts as an early game ally for said fourth game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T--aITp0qYA
>>
>>46849302
>>46849344
That's wack.
>>
>>46849343
>Not stomping on Rei and Asuka with your bear hands
>>
>>46849439
I do so like turning into a bear and stomping people.
>>
>>46848756
Why your stupid self-insert is stupid: The Fanfic.

IIRC it got some legit good moments but a lot of it's appeal is lost if you do not know Touhou and wasn't forced to suffer the terrible deluge of horribly written SIs all of which once inserted into the setting become the coolest and edgiest ever and fuck all the waifus and collect all the swords and gives themself the coolest name ever and... and...
>>
>>46849420
Its heavily modeled after super robot wars so its obviously got a lot of references in animation and music to the OG series and the other shows that have appeared in it. Bonus points if you can actually name the series the backing track/musical references the OST does. I'll be honest im picking out some of the more blatant examples to make it a touch easier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Heo7q0aklF4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmegDsLbBYE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db8mxFOLaDI

https://youtu.be/yxct-9kUKAg
>>
File: Sunrider JumpchainV.4.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Sunrider JumpchainV.4.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Specified what mitigates what, added some notes about the Vanguard Cannon's power level as well as the reason why Claude's yandere love is worth 300cp
>>
If I buy the Book of Darkness in Nanoha, do I get the other things that comes with it, like the massively boosted magic reserves?
>>
Anyone familiar with E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy?
>>
>>46850061
Yeah. Neat Cyberpunk game about breaking legs and Brouzof.You interested in making a jump for it?
>>
>>46850061
No, what's it about?
>>
>>46850061
I played it a bit. It was on an old computer, so the terrible performance made me give up. Never took the time to download it again so I don't know much about the plot.

Instead of a real acknowledgement, allow me to meme: My legs are OK. If you make the jump, I hope you gain brouzouf.
>>
>>46850095
Potentially. Working on another jump right now.

>>46850100
Uhh...
>>
File: The EYE is watching.jpg (411 KB, 1920x948) Image search: [Google]
The EYE is watching.jpg
411 KB, 1920x948
>>46850100
The "Uhhh" anon here. It's a shooter-RPG-cyberpunk... Thing.

What it is about... It's kind of complicated but bare bones go like this; you are a member of a secret order who fight psychic manifestations of a planets destroyed by humanity, humanity's tyrannical ruling regime and each other since the order is split in two major factions.

Very bare bones. Plot of the game is kind of crazy, vague and complicated.

It borrows heavily in design from W40K. It also has very satisfying to shoot guns. One of the best miniguns out of all shooters I ever played.
>>
File: 1364317752046.jpg (37 KB, 267x299) Image search: [Google]
1364317752046.jpg
37 KB, 267x299
>>46850234
>those aesthetics
>>
>>46850234
Sounds and looks cool. That's some pretty sweet armor they got there-Okay, seriously, why is the spell check saying armor is spelled wrong? This is just making me paranoid.
>>
>>46850288
Did you somehow set it to European spelling standards? It's "armour", there.
>>
>>46850288
probably cause it can get spelled as armour, like colour.
>>
>>46850302
>>46850314
>Armour
By god, you're right. How did that happen?!
>>46850285
Hey Red, Macross question, is it possible for Protodeviln to eventually reach "taking on entire space fleets by yourself", especially with the capstone booster? Speaking of which, how do the other space vampires react to that whole thing?
>>
>>46850288
Ёб твoю мaть
That is correct of spelling you burger
>>
>>46850383
Very cheeki, breeki.
>>
Could you replicate the effects of the Hell's Bells perk from Dresden Files with X-Men telepathy?
>>
test
>>
>>46850633
『TEST FAILED』
>>
>>46850711
Well shit, who is posting then?
>>
File: E.Y.E_Divine_Cybermancy_(PC)_33.jpg (270 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
E.Y.E_Divine_Cybermancy_(PC)_33.jpg
270 KB, 1280x720
>>46850285
It's get better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbhM-PhVz7A

There is a very strong theme of transcendance and perfection through divine technology and psychic powers laced through this game. Hints of Eclipse Phase-esque "Mind is a software and body needs to be upgraded yesterday" not so much as scattered here and there as much punch you in the face everytime you are forced to perform emergency maintence/repairs on your poor protagonist's melted cyber-brain because he went mad from seeing too many eldritch abominations; all while same eldritch abomination still tries to claw his cybernetic brain out of his eyesockets and is really asking to get hit by your nuclear-powered Warhammer-esque Thunder Hammer - yesterday. Seriously, get on with it. Melted brain is not an excuse to not hammer some random monster into giblets. You do not need your brain for that.

...Also, while you are at that, do not forget to do something about those broken legs. Brains are important but legs need some love too.

Also, reincarnation. Devs really loved the concept of samsara. The "Ascend and abandon this base false reality" thing is the central overarching plot of the game.[spoiler/]
>>
>>46849910
Just the collection ability and the knight system.

Jesus fucking Christ I need to get on that goddamn update.
>>
>>46847034
I never said I didn't like the setting. Why else would I've made the jump if it wasn't for the setting? Just it's not something one likes to go through, seeing how it's a Deathworld. It's like saying "Oh I'll have vacation in Catachan or Fernis."
>>
In marvel what happens if I take Adamantium x + Vibranium x + my bones?
>>
>>46850614
No, for the same reason you can't turn lions into Cthulhu no matter how many lions you own.
>>
>>46851159
IIRC, Adamantium and Vibranium don't mix well.
So you probably explode!
>>
So what kind of tail(s) did you guys get in Spice and Wolf?
>>
>>46851191
well that's unfortunate.
>>
>>46851215
If you have to choose between Adamantium and Vibranium, go Adamantium.

If you have a perk that makes you capable of regenerating your brain, you'll be set.
The Adamantium will protect the marrow within your bones from virtually any mundane attack, making you very nearly undeadable.
>>
>>46851181
I'm not sure I understand, Omega level telepathy gives you empathy as well, right?
>>
>>46850614
Unless you're already eldritch as fuck, no. But you probably can do the whole psionic backlash thing if you try hard enough.
>>
>>46851159
>>46851191
>>46851215
The combination of the two in the jump grants protoadamantium, which is what Captain America's shield is made of. It's straight up superior to adamantium, having the additional properties of vibranium, the formula is just lost. So it would give you protoadamantium bones.
>>
>>46851370
I couldn't find that in the supplement anywhere, but I believe you.
>>
File: 1984.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1984.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Someone was looking for this. I'm kind of surprised no one had any complaints about anything but a single item in it.
>>
>>46851649
Well I have a complaint, there's no reason at all that Drop-in should cost anything at all, let alone 200.
You do realize that you're making it more expensive to be a homeless, friendless outsider plopped in the middle of a xenophobic setting than to be the freaking king of the world?
>>
>>46851530
I just searched the archive, technically marvel anon never mentions protoadamantium in relation to bones, just.
>Yay, you're wolverine, but even more invulnerable to your bones breaking! You may well still need some form of healing factor to not die to toxicity and some form of strength to be able to move your thousand-pound skeleton!
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/37738917/#37749166
>>
>>46851649
There are complaints, but most people are aware that you'll just do whatever at this point and ignore them, so they aren't voiced.

Congratulations I suppose.
>>
>>46851695
I absolutely do. If you want to be off Big Brother's radar, having no past at all and nothing on file, and getting the complimentary ability to not be compelled to love Big Brother in addition to any other single 100 point perk, then be a prole.

>>46851722
Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine. This is exactly the sort of shit that makes people not want to make jumps, thanks for the reminder.
>>
>>46847622
One piece but idk if it will end your chain
>>
134. A Song of Ice and Fire
Origin: Drop-In
Skills: Too Lowborn (-400), Mystery Knight (-600)
Gear: Pouch of Gold (-50), Dragonglass Cache
Scenario: Think of the Children
Drawbacks: Stalwart Shield [Leaves?] (+100)

I have no idea what's going on, or why I decided to jump here in the first place.

Anyway, I have to increase the amount of adorable short people in this world, and I have all the time in the world to do it. The dice say I succeed after 284 years, which is a long ass time to stay in a jump. That's 28 entire other worlds I could have seen. I went a bit stir crazy. At least I'm not going to die of old age.

So, to increase the survivability of the race, I performed genetic magic to strengthen their tiny bodies, increased the survival rate of their young, and basically did all the stuff I should have had to do to increase their numbers. There's just so few of them to start, and the world is a dangerous place. There are cruel men here, and monsters, and giants. So, I did my thing and made monsters of my own, allied with the children of the forest. They very much enjoyed their bond with them.

So, other than that, I guess I had to find them allies among the human population. 5000 is far too many people to hide all the time, so we'll be friendly to the humans whenever we do have to interact with them. I guess I can also hide them on my spaceship while they're population is growing, but only temporarily. Separation from their world can't be good for them.
>>
>>46847622
>>46847682
>>46847708

Oh my! This is fascinating. I don't know how I missed this Jump. This is one of those perks I think I can base an entire chain around.

I know we already have a resident Skeleton Jumper but I think I'm going to take a shot at being a skeleton too now! Thanks for sharing this little tid bit!
>>
>>46851277
Yes. Don't get me wrong, you could definitely replicate some nasty DF mind magic. But the thing about the Outsider version is that it's making contact with something utterly alien to the natural order as well as a slew of psychic impressions geared to your worst nightmares, whereas you're "merely" doing high level mind stuff.

I know, it's a subtle difference-the key being Hell's Bells always feels...wrong, whereas it's technically possible to do mind magic without ruining someone's psyche just by making contact, just highly inadvisable.

Or to use another analogy, in terms of psychic abilities it's like the difference between Hellfire and Soulfire.
>>
>>46851695
Note that going Drop-In means you get optional immunity to the local memetic conditioning, propaganda and subliminals if you don't already have it, which costs all other backgrounds 200 points, plus you can take one of the other 100pt perks from the other backgrounds.

>>46851733
As an eternal Drop-In, I'm happy with it. I'm not going to 1984 to enjoy the place, after all. Enjoy the satisfaction of (hopefully) FIXING ITS EVERYTHING, perhaps.
>>
>>46851649
>>46851896
What does the Minority Of One perk actually do post-jump?
>>
>>46851912
It ends up serving as a buff in social interactions, primarily. For example, if you've got an opponent using social-fu to try to convince you of something you might not believe, or someone who is trying to get you to go along with the popular opinion. If it is something that you know not to be factual or just people talking rubbish, you will be immune from any attempt to sway you from that position.

For example, if you go to Harry Potter, you're not just going to blindly agree that Harry Potter is the heir of Slytherin, because HE FUCKING KILLED VOLDEMORT. You're not going to believe he put his name in the Goblet of Fiyah because he keeps killing defense professors and he just freaking told Dumbledore that he didn't do it. Even if you're a Hufflepuff and everyone is whinging because Cedric the Sparklepire isn't Hogwarts' one true hope anymore.
>>
>>46849631
Is Claude's Q level power cannon or is it just part of the jump?
I assume that either way she won't be willing to use such BS powers to your direct advantage post jump,
after all what good yandere doesn't like to watch her crush struggle?
>>
>>46851986
There's apparently some yet to be released content for the game that says she's Q-tier
>>
>>46851955
... If that's all it does, isn't that just the completely ordinary and natural ability known as "Critical Thinking"?
>>
>>46851986
>Is Claude's Q level power cannon or is it just part of the jump?

The prototype that's known as Alice I think says it during a monologue. It's canon, and no, she won't use it unless you know about it, she's only really in it for keks. Though I guess if you DO manage to convince her that you'll love her and take her with you I can see her using it to both torment you AND help you out when the going gets rough.
>>
>>46852030
Yes. You have absolutely no idea how rare common sense is, do you?
>>
>>46852030
That's actually somewhat rare to find in people in real life.
>>
>>46849631
She is described by the jump as only being interested in molesting captains (you) so that is probably all she'll be willing to use it for

On a side note it seems like it would be a pretty bad/bloody idea to take her drawback without the harem perk

I shudder at the thought of a jealous Q
>>
Oops meant to reply to>>46851986

Stupid phone.
>>
>>46852119
>>46852087
But...it's not? Everyone uses it everyday. It's just some dumb meme that it's some super rare special quality. People might not use common sense all the time but they do use it very often.
>>
>>46852119
>Common sense is a basic ability to perceive, understand, and judge things, which is shared by ("common to") nearly all people and can reasonably be expected of nearly all people without any need for debate.

Yeah no, it's really not.
>>
If you import and upgrade a ships size what happens to the weapons? Do they just get more spread out or do they multiply by however large the size upgrade is? This is more of a general question as there are a few jumps that gain ship/vehicle imports to increase size.
>>
>>46852147
Reality TV, politics, the economy, and quite honestly the vast majority of recorded history would beg to differ.
>>
>>46852163
Seems weird to assume the weapons wouldn't just scale up in size to match. It'd be like getting ten times as big but not having your generator or thrusters get bigger, just makes no sense if you're applying an overall size upgrade.
>>
>>46852169
See >>46852161 because you really don't even understand what common sense is.

Try to learn to separate reality form fiction, it'll help you realise reality TV is fake. The economy is a vastly more complicated subject then just blaming it on people not following common sense. Can you give any actual examples or are you just going to cite 'history as a whole'?
>>
File: 1445085921417.png (2 KB, 142x138) Image search: [Google]
1445085921417.png
2 KB, 142x138
>>46852147
>>46852161

I'm sure you can make some argument about sapience and the human mind or whatever, but all I'm saying is this:
I have met some dumb fucking people. In real life. Who refuse to think or consider their views about anything.

If there's a perk that acts as a buffer against that, so I have a little voice in my head that says, "Hey, maybe you're being a dumbass", I'm grabbing it.
>>
>>46852169
An elephant is bigger then a mouse. That's common sense.

I want more money/power/certain thing/whatever so I'm going to do stupid shit on tv or screw people over financially or other nasty things or stupid things isn't related to common sense, it's related to being greedy or easily angered or jealous or whatever else.
>>
>>46852170
I always made the assumption it was just the hull and necessities that got enlarged, but that does make more sense.
>>
>>46852188
Just being a few people being stupid doesn't mean common sense is some ultra rare quality dude. It just means you've met a few really stupid or stubborn or narrowminded people.
>>
>>46852204
Okay. That's your opinion.

My opinion is, "I want that buffer."

If you want to say the perk is overpriced, or you think it should add more on top of that, or whatever, I don't really care. But your initial argument was, 'I think that's a useless perk because everyone has that', and I respectfully disagree.
>>
>>46852226
Different anon from the one that made the original comment and some of the other comments (unless that's someone else too).
>>
Okay. Fine. Here's two shining examples of what I run into on a daily basis in terms of the lack of common sense in people who are otherwise assumed to be educated.

I speak to a nurse that wants to have a patient do a particular thing. I tell her that the insurance will not cover it. She insists that because a doctor will be signing off on it, it's okay, despite that it flies in the fact of the facts. I inform her that if she has the doctor sign off on what she says, he will be committing fraud and they will both be legally liable. She insists that I can, in fact, OVERRIDE the insurance and force them to pay for whatever she wants because she can have the doctor sign off on it and it's completely legal despite acknowledging that it is fraud.

I speak with another nurse who wants their father (who is at the nursing home where she works) to be taken to the emergency room by wheelchair. I inform her that we cannot safely do that because going to the ER requires a stretcher both by our policies and the law. She called one company a total of four times in trying to get this done, the last time wanting to rent one of the company's vans in order to do something that they told her was explicitly illegal.

People choose to ignore their ability to think through a situation in favor of what they feel SHOULD be right, rather than what IS the case.

This perk is an explicitly always-active "common sense" that is active in social scenarios where you will think through what is said to the best of your ability rather than simply going with the flow without conscious thought. If you don't think that's worth it, then don't get it. If you think that's worth it, get it.
>>
>>46852245
Ah. My mistake.
>>
>>46852250
So two examples mean all 7-8 billion people lack common sense? Seems like you're just making your own experiences out to be the norm.
>>
>>46852250
To be fair, if you're working in a hospital then you're going to encounter emotionally driven thinking way, way more often then someone working in a cubicle office for some company.
>>
>>46852276
Stop moving the goalposts. You asked for examples, I gave you two examples from people with (an assumed) decent education. That I dealt with. TODAY. This is an every day thing that I deal with from a large number of doctors, nurses, paramedics and EMT basics in addition to lay staff. I have no intention of typing up any more examples, but I would love to know if I should be assuming whether my field of practice is tainted with stupid people or whether it's the geographical location that I reside in.
>>
>>46852287
Maybe the perk can specifically help guard you from emotional thinking?
Because everyone's gonna do that from time to time.
>>
>>46852250
>This perk is an explicitly always-active "common sense" that is active in social scenarios where you will think through what is said to the best of your ability rather than simply going with the flow without conscious thought.

This is useful. I'm not a _complete_ tosser at critical thinking _when_ I put my mind to it, but I'm absent-minded as fuck. This? Solves that problem.

Perhaps you should stick this tidbit in the Jump Notes or something.
>>
>>46852296
I shall do that.

Is there anything else that clarification would be useful on?
>>
>>46852291
Not moving the goalposts at all. You said the vast majority of history proved your point and then gave two examples where it's easily explainable as being the result of a stressful, emotional working environment.

See >>46852287
Yes, your field of practise is indeed one that will result in people making dumb decisions because it's a field of practise dealing with a lot of stressful, emotional, often injured people and situations.
>>
>>46852323
two examples from a single profession*
>>
>>46852308
An anon the other day got clarification on the Two Plus Two perk, how it's basically that mental trauma heals as quickly as physical trauma, and you heal correctly rather than ending up maimed?

Which is really useful for avoiding "yes, my nose is permanently bent from healing wrong when it got broke as a kid" problems, let alone getting maimed by a torturer.
>>
>>46852323
Please, do tell, what would be an example that could be summed up on an imageboard without the need for remedial history lessons? Wars over abundant resources, who believes in what, the color of one's skin, or seemingly nothing at all? Battles fought when it is known that the war ended? Civilian massacres for no purpose but to inflict pain? People lining their own pockets regardless of the fact that when things collapsed, they were just as badly off as everyone else? Should I be saying something about the oft-cited Nero playing his lyre as Rome burns, to boot? Or perhaps you'd prefer something along the lines of wars about who believes in what, and whether people who don't believe in Zeus or Zoroastrianism should be permitted to live at all? Perhaps you'd care to hear how much George Washington suffered in the weeks leading to his death, all thanks to his doctors?

This is best left as an exercise to the reader, but if you start looking, such things are very much not hard to find. Some of them are a product of their time, but many have absolutely no business having happened, save due to people either not thinking or clinging to biases without any cause at all.
>>
>>46852373
That is absolutely correct. For the most extreme examples this could apply to, we'll revisit Harry Potter; the Imperius will have no effect on you at all (it is designed to explicitly make you follow the directions of the person casting it on you, and therefore you will not act against your will), and once the Cruciatus is lifted and the initial symptoms pass, you'll be fine. No ending up like Neville's parents.
>>
>>46852390
Addendum: it will not stop someone from having direct control of your body, but anything that has to go through the mind for that purpose won't have an effect. No brainwashing, but Regent is still going to go "stop hitting yourself! stop hitting yourself!" at you.

Hey, at least your nose will heal straight. (Note that this doesn't INCREASE the speed of healing things like that.)
>>
>>46852376
I'd like to introduce you to an idea. Common Sense is not a single universal concept. What is common sense for one culture or religion or other group of humanity may not be for another.

It explains a lot of the problems you raise about belief or racial differences and things like wars. Many of the others can be explained by saying that they are not done by the majority but by singular madmen such as Nero, or smaller groups that go against the norm such as the Nazis and their slaughter of jews or individual people stealing from others for their own benefit.

In any case, I've been advised to stop arguing with you as apparently you have a history of stubborness. Besides, I too think that if we still disagree past this point then we'd never agree anyway.
>>
>>46852402
I figured. Cool. Please add this to the jump's notes.
>>
>>46852423
Common sense is the sort of thing that can be applied when someone goes "oh, elves aren't PEOPLE" or "muggles don't have souls".

This is the perk that prevents you from thinking like a Nazi just because some charismatic asshat in charge is trying to make his case that it's someone else's fault that you're not rich yet. This is the rubberized grip on the boots you wear to keep from sliding down that slippery slope. Does that help clarify things a little?
>>
>>46852472
Anyone going to point out this is coming from Voldemort?
>>
>>46852534
You mean the dumb persona he puts on that doesn't really fit the character at all? No, not really.
>>
File: really.jpg (30 KB, 250x210) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
30 KB, 250x210
>>46852534
>>
File: Beast Shrug.gif (404 KB, 500x274) Image search: [Google]
Beast Shrug.gif
404 KB, 500x274
>>46852556
>>
File: Legally Voldemort.jpg (41 KB, 379x500) Image search: [Google]
Legally Voldemort.jpg
41 KB, 379x500
>>46852597
I don't like your haircut. You need less hairspray.
>>
File: imnotevensorry.gif (499 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
imnotevensorry.gif
499 KB, 500x250
>>46852623
Eh, that's what the shapeshifting perks are for.
>>
>>46852534
Okay, I laughed a lot.
>>
>>46851211
Fluffy.
>>
What other jumps can allow you to increase the size of a vehicle apart from Supreme commander, Final Fantasy XIV and Five Star Stories?
>>
Hey did anyone else notice how well Contingency Greater Teleport from Forgotten Realms synergizes with Respawning from Killing Floor? You just set it up to go off and take you someplace safe in the event you get knocked unconscious and it's like you have an extra life, also since it is a spell you can put it in a magic item such as a ring and anyone who has it will be able to cast it whenever they need it, which means it's not unlike unlimited extra lives.
>>
>>46852276
Can you shut the hell up? All I see is you getting butthurt that someone thinks people (and thus you) are stupid. It's pathetic. You're so fucking whiny.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmYLrxR0Y8
>>
>>46852913
I'm amazed at how much hypocrisy is in your post. Not to mention crying about something over an hour and a half later.
>>
>>46852929
One post about your behavior is hardly comparable to your entire argument defending your species, in either investment or subject.
>>
>>46852855
Why do you want a huge vehicle anyway? Unless you jump specifically to get access to perpetual energy you're going to run out of fuel very, very quickly and all the perpetual energy out there has limited output.
>>
>>46852472
But elves aren't people.
>>
File: 1984.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1984.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46851649
>>
File: four_drakengard_6077.png (121 KB, 250x300) Image search: [Google]
four_drakengard_6077.png
121 KB, 250x300
>>46852959
>>
>>46852866
No. For one thing, Greater Teleport is a 7th level spell, Contingency only works up to 6th level.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (41 KB, 359x300) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
41 KB, 359x300
>>46852953
There are no reason to want it I just do. And for fuel multiple pic related.
>>
File: hostile chirping.png (425 KB, 405x600) Image search: [Google]
hostile chirping.png
425 KB, 405x600
>>46853006
>singularity
>bubble dimension
>pull in resources

What?

No.

No, that's not how any of that works. Fucking bullshit. Even the Gravity Furnace makes more sense.

And even if it did it would mean the UEF would basically be bargain bin Timelords. Which makes no sense because otherwise they'd have killed off the other two factions long ago.
>>
>>46852991
forgot that part, thanks for reminding me!
>>
No seriously what the fuck could the Seraphim possibly have that rivals this bullshit?
>>
>>46853080
What are you on about?
>>
>>46853044
It's a side technology that was developed from their superweapon, which can blow up planets at will among other things. Both are new tech, and the superweapon is what ends the infinity war, so yes having that level of technology does allow you to kill off the other factions with ease.
>>
>>46852121
I should probably say "Incompatable with the Harem perk" or something to that effect
>>
>>46853114
The super-advanced xenophobic race from Supreme Commander. I was asking how the hell they're a threat when the UEF has apparently miniaturised universes for energy production.

>>46853130
So in short-it's a magnitude of order more powerful than every other ACU upgrade?
>>
>>46853131
But doesn't she basically push you and Chigara or whatever the spelling together?
>>
>>46853142
>Anon mentions it's a side technology to a technology that does x.
>Anon gets upset about what x does, even if it's not what the side technology does.
Read a little.
>>
>>46853153
To be honest I'm not even upset, I'm just completely baffled at how great the disparity in firepower in the infinity war can be. And I want to know what the alien precursors can possibly have that tops this.
>>
>>46853172
>And I want to know what the alien precursors can possibly have that tops this.
Waifus and shitposting.
>>
>>46853142
Let's see...

1. This thing was developed to defeat Seraphim, so at the moment of invention and for 25 years to follow the three factions were allies. By then, the progress level evened out.
2. Aeon DOES have a similar device. Read the schematics.
>>
>>46851122
I dunno, maybe I'm just weird. I think it'd be a fantastic place for a vacation after I've got enough Jumps under my belt to not die horribly.
>>
>>46853142
It in itself doesn't give as much matter and energy as you want at any given time, it gives you mater and energy ex nihilo, though at an incredible rate. As for the Seraphim, I know basically nothing about Supreme Commander 2.
>>
>>46853179
I'm not sure you know what you're responding to.
>>
>>46853181
1. I see. You know what, that's more than fair enough. I watched Independence Day, I know how that song and dance goes.

2. I don't understand how the Paragon works either but I know what it is, even so doesn't it technically have a smaller output since the dark star surpasses all the other mass/energy generators?

How does the Paragon work anyway? This space magic is confusing me.
>>
>>46853208
>even so doesn't it technically have a smaller output since the dark star surpasses all the other mass/energy generators?
Paragon is not a "mass extractor", so the dark star may well be under it's output. However what the Paragon does is double your mass production. So technically if you have a dark star and a paragon, and nothing else the paragon will be producing as much mass as the dark star. If you have the paragon, a dark star and a single mass extractor the paragon will be producing more than the dark star.

Also it, like many things in science fiction works on technobabble, you might recognize that the dark star uses the same thing.
>>
What kind of limits have been place on the TMI cheat mode? Like could I replicate a mountain range as the planetary consciousness or is it just smaller items?
>>
>>46853259
1 cubic meter/something you can hold in your hand.
>>
>>46853277
Thank you.
>>
>>46853204
Are you implying that waifus and shitposting are not enough to destroy humanity?
>>
>>46853258
I don't want to sound like Madokacide anon, but I prefer understanding how stuff works. The rest of the supcom tech makes sense to me-the cybrans' supercomputers, even the aeons' psychic quantum communication at least has established limits and mechanics. These two just kind of stand out from the rest.

Because it's the kind of thing that makes me ask questions like would the Aeon Paragon work on increasing the yields of things like mako reactors and orgels too.
>>
>>46853348
All I can say then is hope RoboAnon shows up to clarify, because it is very much a gameplay mechanic thing, so you would have to ask the jumpmaker.
>>
>>46853143
Not exactly
She just does a virginity check on Chigara because she's a perv, also you're not jumping in as Shields. Nothing is stopping you from collecting his waifus, but you're you.

Drawbacks fuck with the lore anyway.
>>
>>46853131
Why?

Full yandere Claude would completely shatter the setting if she weren't fine with other girls to begin with. The harem perk
wouldn't stop her from being crazy or trying to keep you in that world. The actual character is a pervert and also pushes the
captain towards at least one other character.
>>
>>46853589
>The actual character is a pervert and also pushes the captain towards at least one other character.

I'd argue the writers pushed the MC on a character because a) less routes means less art and b)Muh Shocking Twist!

Drawbacks are supposed to suck, and I've always been pretty relaxed about how difficult the ones for my jump are. At the very least there shouldn't be a counter in the jump itself.
>>
>>46853538
Actually, something I've been wondering about.

Can there be a +0 drawback or similar that DOES make us jump in as Kayto?
>>
>>46853654
If you roll as Cera and go ship captain you basically are Kayto, but with your own background.

That drawback would in fact be getting 200cp of options for free, so no
>>
>>46853677
...Make it only available for ship captains, then?
>>
>>46853731
Why don't you just fanwank that you got selected for the Sunrider project instead of him?
>>
>>46853731
To be fair I don't see how "200 CP of options for free" constitutes even the most tenuous definition of drawbacks +0CPs abide by.
>>
>>46853759
The odds art desperate, for the team of Sunrider.
>>
>>46853538
Yeah, she checks (probably use a gynecological exam as an excuse) and then pervs up to you asking if you're going to take it from her.
>>
>>46853774
>The odds are desperate

Care to elaborate? Some of us have never played the game.
>>
File: 2-The-Dark-Knight-Rises-quotes.jpg (30 KB, 540x446) Image search: [Google]
2-The-Dark-Knight-Rises-quotes.jpg
30 KB, 540x446
>>46853397
>All I can say then is hope RoboAnon shows

>>46853348
>would the Aeon Paragon work on increasing the yields of things like mako reactors and orgels too.

I'm going to say yes.
Especially if you link them up through the ACU, SCU, or something of similar computing power with Quantum Connections AND it understands the technology of the Makos and the Orgels. If it doesn't understand the tech, it would most likely still work, but at a smaller rate.
Just so you know, the Paragon's own production rate does have an upper limit. However, that limit is incredibly high and is often more than enough to fuel the average SupCom army.
>>
>>46853790
Well, your planet's capital just got literally nuked from the orbit. The planet is taken over. You are the only ship left, and almost nobody cares for the situation, and especially not for you.

>>46853819
Hm, how large are Paragons?

And to get ACU to understand something, you can just upload the relevant info, correct?
>>
>>46853819
So if one wants to send a psychic signal across the world, is it feasible to use a bunch of psionic amplifiers while inside the Seer Pool?
>>
>>46853790
Cera (your home world) gets occupied
The Sunrider is the last ships of the Ceran Navy and she was on shakedown when the invasion happened with no Ryder complement.

And the occupying force is massive. In game you need to build alliances with other factions, like the Alliance, and even they are out numbered by the PACT 3 to 1.

It's desperate, sure, but the majority of jumps have that. Seriously, I don't see why I need to add the drawback. Roll Cera, take Ship captain, fan wank that you got the ticket for command of the Sunrider. The only thing you loose out on with fan wanking is a dead Imouto, and who wants a dead Imouto? Not me! I love my Imouto even if she is a total bitch some times.

>>46853777
I can't remember the exact words, but I'm sure if there were actual multiple routes she'd be as matter of fact about everyone, a bit like Mordin in ME2. Drawbacks fuck with canon characters a little, this isn't new, and the whole romantic railroading was shitty writing anyway, hence why it's a drawback.
>>
>>46853888
...Not that anon, but how do you think this PACT would react to the shenanigans of Supreme Commander tech, and the whole "mass producing fleets within minutes" thing
>>
>>46853888
Whoa hey, don't get me wrong-I was never arguing for it to be added and I'm quite indiferent either way.

I too like my imoutos the way I like my favorite chinese cartoons: Not dead forever

>>46853819
Also, thanks for clearing that up. I don't suppose there's ever been any kind of detailed explanation for how the dark star and paragon beyond plot blackbox?
>>
File: B8ZqCC1IIAAwMPP.jpg (47 KB, 600x582) Image search: [Google]
B8ZqCC1IIAAwMPP.jpg
47 KB, 600x582
>>46853909
They'd probably shit their pants for a few months, but there is time travel tech and star system destroying experimental weapons.

Sunrider as a series suffers a bit from "Trumpcarditis", and for the most part it works to build drama, at least it did in Mask of Arcadis. But yeah, its a universe where being the underdog is a superpower.

>>46853918
I knew that, I was taking the opportunity to reiterate my point, it wasn't directed at you.

>I too like my imoutos the way I like my favorite chinese cartoons: Not dead forever

My favorite Taiwanese Woodcarvings are Madoka, Ghost in the Shell and Evangelion. My thinking is I get my share of suffering from those.That and waiting for Deculture to continue MGNQ.

Actually I take it back, my sister thinks Homura is evil. Into the trash she goes.
>>
How do you guys fanwank origins?

How do you appear in the world? How much do they affect you? How different are they from you?

I always played entry into the world as just waking up one day and remembering everything, sort of like just going along in a dream when you suddenly have an "oh, I'm dreaming" realization.
They effect me kind of like being in character, it's easy to get caught up in who your character is and just go with the flow the way they would without thinking about it, but you never stop being you.
The origins are me if I'd been born and raised in different circumstances. Over time, taking a lot of origins starts to give you insight into what really makes you YOU at the deepest level, and what facets are just cultural byproducts.

Also, I don't want this to devolve into arguing. Pretty much everything I've seen says this part is up to personal interpretation, so don't say "that's garbage and wrong" unless you have a quote or something to that effect backing up your claim.
>>
>>46854001
>Into the trash she goes.
Homura, or your sister?
>>
Are you able to survive mushoku tensei with all Drawbacks except for infant? IF so , which Skills make it possible? I don't really know about the setting
>>
>>46853833
>Hm, how large are Paragons?

Funny thing, I had to hunt down and find its dimensions for myself about a month ago. With that said, none of the numbers should be taken as exact. Just rough estimates.
It has a height of 144 meters and a width of 21 meters. While the Orb part has a diamaeter of 26 meters.

>And to get ACU to understand something, you can just upload the relevant info, correct?

Affirmative.

>>46853872
>So if one wants to send a psychic signal across the world, is it feasible to use a bunch of psionic amplifiers while inside the Seer Pool?

If you're using the amplifiers on yourself, definitely.

>>46853918
>I don't suppose there's ever been any kind of detailed explanation for how the dark star and paragon beyond plot blackbox?

For the Paragon, no. Supreme Commander just uses "Quantum technology" for anything super tech related. Similar to Mass Effect Element Zero or Star Trek science.

For the Dark Star... well... I made it up.
I needed a UEF experimental upgrade for the ACU, but the UEF didn't have any exotic technology that would match up to the others. Except for the Black Sun. I felt that giving a Black Sun weapon, even a small one, would greatly overshadow the other options. So I instead made up the Dark Star as a form of a Super Generator like the Paragon.

I'm really sorry for any trouble it's given you, and understand if you don't like it.
It's not my proudest moment.
Though making up the technobabble was fun.
>>
File: Did nothing wrong.png (150 KB, 388x280) Image search: [Google]
Did nothing wrong.png
150 KB, 388x280
>>46854043
My sister
>>
>>46854001
Homura did literally everything wrong.
>>
>>46854026
Reincarnated, recover memories at start of jump period.

>>46854050
They can be survived, but if you take power sealing you're basically fucked.
>>
>>46854061
Like what?
>>
>>46854080
>Literally everything
>Like what
Literally everything?
>>
>>46854080
Lorbidden fove
>>
>>46854050
>Are you able to survive mushoku tensei with all Drawbacks except for infant?
Probably not, actually. You might be able to win against all the crazy stuff you'll be fighting if you're powerful coming in to the jump, but Bound is going to screw you over.
>>
>>46854058
To e honest, the whole Homucifer plan isn't even evil, it's just stupid. Homura is trying to save Madoka...by pulling her away from the Law of Cycles. Which has to be immensely traumatizing. Plus, this is the exact same shit that nearly broke her before, the exact same reason Madokami exists. She also forgets about the wraiths, which she said were born from negative emotions and curses, and how much negative energy is she pumping out now? Not only that, but it's clear Madoka will regain her powers and memories one day anyway, and yet no one will be able to save Homura, because this is the future she choose.
>>
>>46854001
How hard would handling Yandere Claude be for a super social jumper?
>>
>>46854026
>How much does an origin affect you?

I want to imagine it kind of being like this:

>Jumper: I don't really like rock and roll
>Jumper ends up taking an origin where their parents listened to rock and roll all the time when they were younger
>Jumper in jump: You know, this isn't so bad
>>
File: A10561457-0.jpg (26 KB, 335x409) Image search: [Google]
A10561457-0.jpg
26 KB, 335x409
>>46854061
>Literally did everything wrong
>Preserves the law of cycles
>Creates a universe in which Madoka can be happy
>Creates a universe in which Sayaka is alive and happy more or less
>Creates a universe in which Charlotte is alive and happy
>Creates a universe in which everyone can be happy, no one needs to become a witch, and there is a method of preventing entropy

You got distracted by the tone of the ending and Homura's rhetoric. I've had this conversation before and there is no objective theory of morality in which Homura did anything wrong with the information she had at the time of each decision. If you feel differently, then that's fine, that's your opinion, I just hope you can find your own way to the trash.

>>46854120
>Homura is trying to save Madoka...by pulling her away from the Law of Cycles. Which has to be immensely traumatizing.

Supposition. Meduka seems fine at the end of rebellion to me, aside from the whole "I used to be a part of something bigger." Well great love, and you still are, but people get to remember and love you while you do it.

>Plus, this is the exact same shit that nearly broke her before, the exact same reason Madokami exists.

What?

>She also forgets about the wraiths, which she said were born from negative emotions and curses, and how much negative energy is she pumping out now?

I think the wraiths still exist at the end of rebellion. Homura says she'll be the bad guy when the "Darkness has gone" and I think that's because she recognises Entropy is still an issue. Supposition, I know, but it fits. Homura wouldn't want a world where Madoka can be loved to end.

>Not only that, but it's clear Madoka will regain her powers and memories one day anyway, and yet no one will be able to save Homura, because this is the future she choose.

Save Homura from what? She's the god of love.

You know where the trash is buddy.

>>46854160
Probably the same difficulty as handling Yuno Gasai love at the end of Mari Nikki.
>>
>>46854120
The end of Madoka just proves that lesbians ruin everything.
>>
>>46854208
>implying Houmra isn't the Urobucher's Self Insert
>implying everything is ruined
>>
>>46854184
>there is no objective theory of morality in which Homura did anything wrong with the information she had at the time of each decision
I think "Risk everything for the sake of eating Madoka's fish taco" can be considered objectively short sighted, selfish, and foolish.
>>
>>46854184
>Yuno Gasai
Oi. Yuno did nothing wrong. In the original timeline the two were a perfect match.
>>
Does anyone remember what Marvel anon said the exact multiplier of the Thousand Master perk was for your magic? It came up a few weeks ago but I don't know how to use the archives.
>>
>>46854237
There isn't one.
>>
>>46854184
>Meduka seems fine
That brief shot of her trying to rejoin the Law of Cycles and the look in her eyes says otherwise
>What?
The whole "I can do everything, and by myself! I can save Madoka through self sacrifice even though Madoka doesn't want that, and it would be better to just talk it out but NOPE."
>I think the wraiths still exist...
And that's my point. Because now? Those wraiths will be far more numerous and powerful, and considering the fact that the man series seems to end with them destroying the world anyway...
>Save Homura from what?
...Really? Oh, I don't know, the despair, the self-loathing, the whole WITCH THING?! Or maybe the agony and pain she goes through, or her own familiars bullying her?
>You know where the trash is buddy
YOU THINK YOUR PITIFUL TRASH CAN CAN CONTAIN ME?!
>>
>>46854184
So claude will kill all memebers of the opposite sex who even glance your way thats seems a bit unhealthy. Oh on that topic is the yandere simulator thing being worked on right now?
>>
File: NeA5yDk.gif (1019 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
NeA5yDk.gif
1019 KB, 500x400
>>46854220
You think this is the face of someone who didn't know exactly how things were going to go down?

>>46854230
Never said she did, but at the end of Mari Nikki she does try and kill Yukketeru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI_fgwbmJg0

>>46854255
> Those wraiths will be far more numerous and powerful
More energy to stoke the fires of the universe, how is that a problem?

>and considering the fact that the man series seems to end with them destroying the world anyway
What? the canon that you're quoting, did that come from the Urobutcher? Because if it didn't then into the trash.

>WITCH THING
But... she's a god now

BACK IN THE TRASH!
>>
>>46854299
Her face isn't the point. The point is that there are many objectively wrong things she did because of her motivations.
>>
>>46854299
Check out the ending. When Homura confronts the Wraiths, the landscape is desert like, the sky is all screwed up, Homura herself seems exhausted, and there's no one around. No Mami, no Kyokou, not even Kyubey, just her. And-
>god
Wha-STRIKE-CHAN, FOR THE CRIME OF NOT KNOWING YOUR OWN WAIFU IS A DEMON AND NOT A GOD(ignoring the fact that the Law of Cycles is still running independently of Homura), INTO THE TRASH YOU GO!
>>
File: It begins.jpg (82 KB, 596x470) Image search: [Google]
It begins.jpg
82 KB, 596x470
>>46854304
That's an argument of emotion anon.

The fact is the universe is genuinely better after everything Homura has done. Besides, if you've ever had a plan come together like that, that's the face you make.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPQlXNH36mI

>>46854337
That's the end of the series, there's a whole fucking movie after that m8, where she fixes everything.
>>
>>46854353
It's an argument of logic. We consider selfishness, short-sightedness and foolishness to be bad things. Homura made her choices only because she desires Madoka. She doesn't know for sure if she can succeed, or if things can necessarily be better, but she doesn't care, she only cares about her crush. That is considered objectively a bad thing by the criteria lain out above. We're not talking about the supposed results, but the motivations that lead to her actions. And her motivations were the trifecta of foolish, selfish, and short-sighted.
>>
>>46854337
Oh, I forgot to mention, it seems they're not limited to certain areas like Witches.
>>46854353
Not necessarily: Remember Homura has her time loop ability, and that the city is intact in the brief shots Kyubey shows Homura and us when he is explaining the Isolation Field, which contrasts with the ruined world we say. Don't forget also that she displayed Witch wings, meaning it's possible the Wraiths are indirectly the reason Rebellion happened, or at least part of it.
>>
>>46854299
>she does try and kill Yukketeru
To be fair, she got VERY traumitized by that point.
>>
File: Hey kid wanna puge.jpg (128 KB, 1024x724) Image search: [Google]
Hey kid wanna puge.jpg
128 KB, 1024x724
>>46854388
>That is considered objectively a bad thing by the criteria lain out above.
What theory of morality are you quoting here? A lot of damage has been done to the world in the name of Altruism. Marxism is an altruistic doctrine but it lead to some of the worst crimes against humanity in history.

>>46854337
>YOUR OWN WAIFU

Also for the record, Madoka is a Purge Universe. They sold their souls to xeno trash, and there is only one answer to such heresy. I respect the Homu, but she is, at the end of it all, my enemy for accepting the devils contract.

>>46854417
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXzQbnRfMBM

>Time index 1:00

That is not the face of an incubator in control of the situation
>>
>>46854457
>Purge Universe
>Purge
>Universe

Hi there ASA
>>
>>46854421
By her own murdering?
>>
File: a friend of justice.png (31 KB, 524x771) Image search: [Google]
a friend of justice.png
31 KB, 524x771
>>46854483
Please, the entity has no respect for justice
>>
>>46854457
>What theory of morality are you quoting here?
Christianity can work, almost any do. Selfishness, foolishness, short-sightedness, pretty much every major religion considered them negatives.
>>
>>46854457
Well, we've already discussed why genociding the Madokaverse is a bad idea, so I went go into that.
>That is not the face of an incubator-
That's at the end, post-Homucifer. I said the Isolation Field, where he WAS calling the shots, or at least it seemed like he was.
>>
>>46854546
Won't* Damn auto-correct...
>>
>>46854237
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/45737384/#45744928

Here, apparently it's roughly a x50 boost.

>>46854248
Liar.
>>
>>46854491
By another world getting rekt, by there being a third Yukiteru, by Murmur fucking with her...

The plot got complex to the end, alright?
>>
>>46854053
I'm a bit unclear on this, but the Cybrans in 2 can make Cybersaurus Rex, and maybe some giant brain thing; do they do that with the normal building tech or do they use something else to make organics? I didn't play much of two but I think they had experimental factories so you don't see the Rex being made, it just comes out of the lift afterwards.

Basically can it work on organic tech once you've scanned that tech in and made the same sort of adjustments you need to make for normal tech scans?
>>
So any others for >>46852855 or is that all the size boots?
>>
Your waifus are shit.

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.
>>
File: SHIT!.jpg (39 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
SHIT!.jpg
39 KB, 500x363
>>46854584
Forgot your image, anon?
>>
>>46854609
I did actually.

4chan ate that part of my post, thank you.
>>
>>46854495
And he didn't purge the universe, either. In fact as I recall he just used the the return to give the Incubators better perpetual energy tech, set up a support group for the magical girls to open up to each other and helped Madoka ascend early before acting as her angel alongside Homura.

Okay to be fair when I typed that all out this clearly must have been way before his current gimmick. The point is, I'm just saying-he objectively has a way lower body count there than you do. Which doesn't seem right, somehow. I mean would the Emperor really be more proud of killing off all humanity or trying to change the world to give it a better chance?
>>
>>46854622
You're arguing with somebody who's just going to stonewall you on this topic. Doesn't matter how much more logical your position is, they're basically a murderhobo that doesn't want to admit it.
>>
File: image.jpg (394 KB, 887x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
394 KB, 887x1200
>>46854584
Maybe. But she's a cute shit.
>>
File: Sister.jpg (95 KB, 501x442) Image search: [Google]
Sister.jpg
95 KB, 501x442
>>46854499
Again, the amount of suffering that every religion has caused is astonishing.

I'm a positively geared Utilitarian first anon. Intent doesn't mean anything, and you're still making the assumption that Homoura had no idea how here power grab would end.

>>46854546
We're talking about the end.
We're talking about how it all ended up.

Before Madokakami Homura ended up as a witch
After Madokakami Homura lived in a world where Madoka didn't exist
After Homucifier everything is fine.

I don't care what happened to the lead up to that. I mean the ends don't always justify the means, but the ends left the means irreverent anyway. I don't care that she was a witch for a bit, all that matters is that now everything is fine. It all went according to keikakagu.

And I wasn't sold on your reasoning. A sister has to do what a sister has to do, and a sister has to purge those that sacrifice their souls for power.

>>46854622
Humanity isn't dead, only those who would sell their souls for power. Heat Death will occur in about 100 trillion years anon, by then we would have found another way. That is my faith in humanity.

>>46854653
Give me evidence based opinions and I'll revise mine, but all I'm getting is emotional ones and supposition.

They belong in the trash.
>>
>>46854566
>I'd call it closer
>But I can't speak for balance
How non-committal. Which is a good thing, but doesn't mean it's the 'rule'.
>>
>>46854687
>there is no theory of morality in which homura did anything wrong
>Anons post theories where she did wrong
>Well religions are all bad anyway
Look at them goalposts mooooove~
>>
>>46854687
>They belong in the trash.

Quite frankly your lack of honesty also belongs in the trash.
>>
>>46854696
Well, it's the only ruling I've been given and you're a lot less helpful then the other guy, so I'll take it unless you or Marvel himself can speak up and offer something more concreate.
>>
>>46854730
If you need someone to tell you how to use it, then by all means, go with that.
>>
>>46854687
>Utilitarian
>Wants to murder the universe because MUH EMPRAH, MUH HERSHEY

I dunno, seems suspiciously Kantian to me sister

>evidence

There is tech from other worlds that breaks the laws of thermodynamics, potentially giving the Incubators a better power source than little girls to stave off heat death.

Genocide comes with a lot of collateral damage and diminishes the available resources for rigging up a solution.

"Faith" is not recognised as a factual statement.

What more evidence do you need?
>>
>>46854734
I will, thank you.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.