[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mecha Space Pirate Quest 8.5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 40
File: Captain Roarke Starwind.png (104 KB, 220x279) Image search: [Google]
Captain Roarke Starwind.png
104 KB, 220x279
Welcome back, to a slightly late Part 2 of Chapter 8 of Mecha Space Pirate Quest. As always, you are Roarke S. Starwind, recently pushed by circumstance into adopting the title of Pirate Admiral and commander of the Iron Kestrels pirate fleet.

Previous Threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Mecha+Space+Pirate+Quest%2C+Collective+Game%2C+mecha
Master Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/sSHs0QmF
Upgrade Menu: http://pastebin.com/QQQzkFZe

Last time, you bonded with your subordinate Captain Oda Yoritomo over coffee at his maid cafe and scored a critical hit on the impure heart of a pretty UJCIDF Lieutenant that narrowly averted a fistfight in the streets of Colony 2.

There's only one thing left on your agenda right now, and that's a date between a girl named Sam and a boy named Sue. You've been through multiple battles since you asked her to dinner, committed a grand heist, and went from being a Captain to an Admiral.

The restaurant you chose is a small, but pricey one. Booth-style seating around the tables at the edge of the room, real candles providing most of the light, dim light sources shaped like old-fashioned lightbulbs surrounded by wide crystalline shells on the ceiling. There's a raised dais over near the bar, where a man is playing an old-fashioned piano rather well. All in all, it's quite comfy, and much to your relief the menu contains steak. Noise dampeners discretely placed here and there keep the conversation of the other patrons to a dull murmur, almost as quiet as the clinking of their silverware as they eat what smells like an array of appetizing foodstuffs and drink good wine.

All it really needs is a cute little UJCIDF Corporal.

[Continued]
>>
File: samatha.jpg (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
samatha.jpg
8 KB, 275x183
Time to get to work.
>>
>>46845191
Let it begin! Time for best "girl" date!
>>
File: Corporal Blanchett smile.jpg (53 KB, 354x600) Image search: [Google]
Corporal Blanchett smile.jpg
53 KB, 354x600
You're not one of those people who enjoys waiting. Fortunately, you're shown right to your table, but sitting alone doesn't do much good for anyone. You'd feel like a fool playing on your PC while waiting for your date to arrive, watching other people when you have your aviators on strikes you as a little creepy, and there are only so many times you can go over their online menu when what you're really hungry for is a big, juicy steak. Even a burger would taste like heaven after all of the space-compatible food you've eaten recently.

One of the waiters, an older man with a set of grey moustaches that remind you rather of an affable lobster leans down to speak to you in that hushed tone high-class waiters always seem to use, "Sir, I believe your guest has arrived. Lucky you."

Samantha Blanchett is even more charming in person than she is over the videocomm of the Knuckle Kaiser. Short, not much above five feet, with a petite build. Her chest, though small, is exquisitely framed by the lacy cups of her midnight-blue gown, the wide skirt with its equally lacy hem failing to hide her generous hips and barely exposing the tips of shiny black shoes. She wears a bonnet that was centuries out of date even back when your favorite music was first being performed, and a small, lacy sort of collar around her neck tied with a blue ribbon. Momentarily, you worry that she won't recognize you since she hasn't seen your face, but even before the waiter guides her in your direction her large, pale eyes are locked on yours. With a dainty lift of her skirt, she slides into the booth across from you, and picks up the menu, "Roarke Starwind, I presume?" Her voice is soft, and despite her black lipstick her smile is even softer. Despite the fact that she's obviously dressed up and primped for this, she seems just a little shy, moreso than you expected from such a cute girl. Perhaps her work keeps her from going out on many dates.

[Continued]
>>
Ask her how her day's been. Then guide the conversation to what happened after our fight with the sergeant
>>
File: Corporal Blanchett 2.jpg (98 KB, 850x637) Image search: [Google]
Corporal Blanchett 2.jpg
98 KB, 850x637
You'll have to ask, at some point, how she knew it was you. With a rueful smile, you remove your aviators and tuck them into your jacket pocket, "Guilty as charged, but I hope you're not here to arrest me."

"I'm sorry I'm late, work ran a little long. Every time they roll out a new machine, the technicians get a little overexcited." She smiles softly, opening up the menu and glancing at you over the top of it. You could almost swear her cheeks are turning slightly pink as she gazes at you, "Don't worry, I'll only arrest you if you've been especially naughty."

"I make no promises." You solemnly reply, scanning the menu and trying to remember the differences between the different types of wine. Fortunately for you, she handles it before you can, ordering in what sounds to your untrained ear like French, the wine as well as what you presume is food.

The waiter looks at you expectantly. "Filet mignon, medium rare, with the mashed potatoes and...this salad, here." You point at the picture on the menu. It's not often that you feel off-balance, but even with Ozark preparing you for places like this your usual scene is a lot more lowbrow. Such are the perils of being an Admiral.

Samantha giggles softly behind her hand, and then opens her purse, "I, ah...I know it's a first date and all, but I got you something." She smiles shyly, getting out her PC and tapping the tip against yours, "Best of Queen, because I know you like it. So, do I get to know your real name now...or are you really Roarke Starwind, a man who supposedly died in battle weeks ago?"

>[Answer truthfully]
>[Lie]
>>
>>46845726
>>[Answer truthfully]
Yes I am. Why? Do I not look that good?
>>
Answer truthfully. She might lose interest in us if she think's we're just some slub using the name of a dead pirate
>>
>>46845726
>[Answer truthfully]
Play it cool, maybe with a "Tales of my death have been greatly exaggerated." sort of thing. but do not spill any details just yet. Offer the keychain we got her as a small gift, though approve of her taste of gifts as well.
>>
>>46845726
Didn't I tell you the first time we met? A man shouldn't be afraid to say his own name.
>>
>>46845726
>[Answer truthfully]
I'm Roarke Starwind, who 'almost' died in battle weeks ago.
>>
>>46845726
>[Answer truthfully]
"Reports of my demise are unfounded."

>Best of Queen album
BEST GIRL RIGHT HERE
>>
"I'm a hard man to kill, and I'm not afraid to say my own name when introducing myself to a lady. Boy Wonder was right, that was my Harpy amateurishly welded on top of my new ride. Besides, who else would look so good after being shot up and having to hitch a ride with scavvies back to California Station?" You wink at her, and she laughs again, her eyes sparkling triumphantly.

"I knew it! Well...I mean, I literally knew it. That's sort of part of my job, um." She drops her face into her hands, "Juno help me, I sound like a stalker. I didn't mean it like that. I was curious, so I asked the Colonel if he'd played checkers with anyone that day and he mentioned a rather heroic man with long orange hair. I looked up your name in the Bounty Computer, and sure enough, the brawler of the Iron Kestrels is a tall, handsome man with long, orange hair and astoundingly pretty eyes he hides far, far too often behind his sunglasses." She bites her lower lip, looking back up at you.

The wine arrives, and is served, a rich dark red whose vintage she definitely knows better than you do. She savors the bouqet and takes a sip.

You take a sip too, "Not nearly as pretty as yours, it takes a special sort of UJCIDF girl to make me take a risk like this." You smile at her, and she smiles back, her nerve restored, "So, how was your day? I hope you didn't get in trouble because of me."

"Not yet." She answers enigmatically, "I only wish you'd broken the newbie's precious rifle over his head instead of beating up my little brother."

"Your what?"

"Pierre. Er, Sergeant Blanchett. He's my little brother by...oh, I don't know...somewhere between fifteen minutes and half an hour? He was very angry at first, but not so much at you. He outranks me for a reason, he keeps a cool head when he has to. I wanted to punch that little...that little...well, as you said, I'm a lady, I shouldn't call that obnoxious boy what he is and dirty my tongue when you're being this nice."

[Continued]
>>
>>46846115
Inb4 Red Siren makes us a mixtape because actual best girl.
>>
>>46846115
BEST GIRL RIGHT HERE
While I don't care for best girl shenanigans in general I do feel compelled to comment due to her gift:

She keeps Moët et Chandon
In her pretty cabinet
'Let them eat cake,' she says
Just like Marie Antoinette
A built-in remedy
For Kruschev and Kennedy
At anytime an invitation
You can't decline

Caviar and cigarettes
Well versed in etiquette
Extraordinarily nice

She's a Killer Queen
Gunpowder, gelatine
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytime

Recommended at the price
Insatiable an appetite
Wanna try?
>>
>>46846117
Ask how the little shit's holding up.
>>
>>46846117
So wait, if we get her we get her twin brother too? Yay denying the whiny kira-wannabe of comrads!
>>
>>46846393
OOPS didn't green the
>BEST GIRL RIGHT HERE
She's interesting but as with all things characterization is needed and this quest is just getting started.
>>
File: Corporal Blanchett fingerbite.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Corporal Blanchett fingerbite.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
"As for today? I got to test-drive something a little more special than my Test Pumpkinseed, and much cuter. That was fun. Listening to newbie complaining about his wasn't. He's out of my hair for good, in a different unit, but I saw the specs on his machine and he has no right to complain just because it has a face and he's picky about the head design of his mech." She makes a face of her own, "I hope you fixed yours, and didn't just trade it for another Harpy model. I really would think slightly less of you if you had a neat frame like that and just threw it away."

Remembering the satisfying crunch of Tulwar cockpit and Yoritomo's helmet between the fingers of the Knuckle Kaiser, you grin like a wolf, "The only reason I don't want you to see what it looks like now is because it would mean we're meeting on the battlefield. Oh, speaking of new toys...I got you something too." You reach into your jacket pocket, and take out the little scottie dog figurine and the box of pocky, "I won the dog for you, and the box is some sort of chocolate-dipped wafer snack a friend of mine recommended."

She stares at the dog, then looks back up at you. You've never seen a girl so blatantly, obviously overjoyed, trying so hard to hide it, and failing so miserably, "Roarke...I...I love it, thank you." She cradles the tiny dog in her small hands, hugging it to her bosom. "I'm going to get a chain for this and attach it to the pommel of my sword if...if that's alright." Your smile tells her that it is, and she looks somehow both relieved and extremely guilty. Suddenly she finds her resolve, reaching across the table and grabbing your hand. Her fingers are sheathed in long, black evening gloves, "Roarke, I've been a bad girl, I've done an awful thing and haven't been completely honest with you. You see, I..."

She's interrupted by the food arriving.

[Continued in ten minutes]
>>
Yep she definitely called backup in to arrest us. Or she going to confess she is a he. Either kidnap go!
>>
>>46846502
Yup, she defiantly has a dick.
>>
File: 1329462744033.jpg (43 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1329462744033.jpg
43 KB, 350x350
>>46846502
>>
File: Corporal Blanchett 3.png (93 KB, 283x271) Image search: [Google]
Corporal Blanchett 3.png
93 KB, 283x271
It looks, smells, and tastes delicious. God damn, this steak is the kind of thing you used to dream of back when you were a kid and reliant on Cassius' cooking to survive. Back when mom and dad were alive, you still couldn't afford steak, but your mother made some damn good potatoes. Just potatoes, though. She was a veteran of the War and leafy vegetables gave her the shudders, yours was one of the few houses on your street that wasn't swathed in greenery and weeds. Samantha fiddles with her fork, taking a few bites of her pasta before she speaks again, "I did a foolish, impulsive thing, and to explain why...I need to tell you about what happened the day you left California Station." Her shoulders slump, "I cried my eyes out when I got your letter. I thought you'd gone to Suleiman 1 and was worried I'd never see you again." She takes a deep breath.

“The Special Operations, Units, and Logistics Force was Colonel Stern's brainchild. It was to be a military force that could act with expanded autonomy in emergency situations and had access to resources and mecha that the common soldiers don't possess. We test experimental systems and machines, we intervene when numbers aren't enough, and we have authority that regular officers of our rank don't possess. This expands our ability to defend peace and pursue justice in the Jovian Colonies, the Belt, and beyond. However, recently we've seen reshuffling of the upper brass, a lot of the older generals and even some of the civilian overseers have retired without notice and been replaced by relatively young officers from the Extrasystem Division. Even Colonel Stern's direct superior, General Baljaag, was replaced. It's not our job to get involved with politics, but that day, something happened...” And with that, she begins to tell you a very strange story.

[Wall of text incoming]
>>
File: 82323[1].gif (63 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
82323[1].gif
63 KB, 225x300
The inside of the office is as neat and spartan as the man who sits in the chair behind the desk, tending to a miniature zen garden with a very small rake and a pile of smooth black and white stones. The only adornments are an aquarium along one wall and a twisted, battered vibrosword clearly sized for a mech that dominates the other wall from one end of the office to the other. There are many cases for medals and commendations, but they're slightly dusty and look neglected. The Colonel's large desk and chair are the only indications of luxury, and those were inherited from some predecessor or other. For the master of the Wels-Class Battleship Cincinnatus, it's practically a hut, but all the open space has the effect of making the three people standing in front of him feel very small.

The first is a tall, barrel-chested man with a wild beard and a short mohawk. His arm is still in a cast, but his back is straight and his dark-green-and-white UJCIDF uniform is flawlessly clean and pressed. He has a determined look in his eye, and was already speaking when the other two entered, “...I bear full responsibility, I want that in the report. My sister and the rookie shouldn't be tarred by my failure.”

The tall, middle-aged man with the short salt-and-pepper beard looks up at him sharply, “You still think you don't belong on this squad, don't you, Sergeant Blanchett?”

[Continued]
>>
File: latest[1].png (2 MB, 726x926) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
2 MB, 726x926
The mohawked sergeant, Pierre Blanchett, looks away, “What I think doesn't matter. My sister is here, so I have to protect her. Even if the sim results and our flight data say she doesn't need me.”

For the first time, Colonel Stern looks angry, “You aren't in SOUL Squadron A because you're an ace, Sergeant. It's because you have an excellent record for leadership and never failing to bring all your wingmen home alive...which makes me question what happened to cause you to act so recklessly, especially with the injuries you were suffering.”

The Sergeant looks down at his feet, “I have no excuse. Even if the target goaded me by claiming to have beaten you at checkers after saying he was a scavvie.”

[Continued]
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (11 KB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
11 KB, 288x216
The Colonel frowns, then his eyes widen in recognition and he opens his mouth to talk before being suddenly interrupted. The boy without officer's chevrons on his shoulders, wearing a plain pale-green uniform and sporting a shortish mop of disheveled brown hair just long enough to reach his eyes, jumps in, “Sir, the target was clearly a pirate. Regulationss dictate we make the arrest, I even highlighted on the flight data from my Pumpkinseed the best shots where you can see that he had most of a Harpy somehow bolted onto that old frame.”

“Or a Sparrow. Harpies are manufactured from them, and even if you're right there are plenty of wrecked Harpies drifting around the Belt.” The young woman with the long, dark hair, black lipstick, and a dark-green-and-white uniform like her brother chimes in.

“Samantha, Cadet, both of you hush. I did actually lose to someone after visiting Naomi at the hospital.” The Colonel steeples his fingers on his desk, “Shortly after he struck a very foolhardy thug unconscious with a single blow. It wasn't unreasonable for you to get upset, but that alone shouldn't have caused you to rush in and get your Pumpkinseed torn apart.” He pauses, “Can you explain that?”

[Continued]
>>
File: kambei[1].jpg (72 KB, 958x569) Image search: [Google]
kambei[1].jpg
72 KB, 958x569
Pierre hesitates, then throws his chest out, bringing his good arm down sharply at his side to stand at attention, “Sir! I thought a Test Pumpkinseed could defeat an unarmed junker with no active weapon systems.”

The Colonel grunts, “At ease. Normally, you wouldn't have been wrong, even with the size of the enemy unit. Not many pilots could have done what this one did, and not many would have done it when faced with a trio of UJCIDF pilots in new machines. It takes a bizarre sort of person to make the decisions this one did.”

“Sir?” Samantha raises her hand a little, as if she was still a student at the Academy, “This man you played with, what did he look like?” She gets out her PC, unlocks it, and opens up a virtual notepad, jotting down the Colonel's forthcoming description.

“Oh, I don't know. Tall, broad shoulders. He had sunglasses on and a leather jacket. Oh, his hair was very distinctive, quite long and roughly the color of a tangerine.” The Colonel frowns, “Now hold on, both of you.” He leans forward and points his fingertip at them like the business end of a boarding drill, “I expressly forbid you both from seeking revenge. Not every battle is a victory, but battles end, the purpose of Project SOUL and Squadron A does not. Sergeant, I understand that you told the techs not to replace the crest on your new machine. Are you hoping to take it back from him?”

Pierre's face reddens behind his beard, and he can't meet the Colonel's eyes. The old man nods and continues, “I thought so, so I countermanded that order. Revenge is a muddy and endless road, wear your crest with pride and reflect how you lucky you are not to walk it. Corporal...are you blushing too? I hope not. It's bad enough to have one member of Squadron A hospitalized and another wounded without the third falling apart. I know for a fact that you have better sense than to try and seek vengeance on a man for teaching your little brother a lesson.”

[Continued]
>>
File: 70141847147b02bc19da4a3e78ae02d4.jpg (270 KB, 1020x1764) Image search: [Google]
70141847147b02bc19da4a3e78ae02d4.jpg
270 KB, 1020x1764
Samantha salutes, “I wasn't dreaming of anything like that, sir. I was just curious whether a hunch I had was correct. You said his hair was orange, right?” She brings up the Bounty Computer on her PC, and taps the details in, spotting one of the names and smiling secretively, “...Oh my. Oh my, you smooth fox...” Her cheeks turn more pink, before the Colonel loudly clearing his throat brings her back to reality with a start and she tucks her PC back into her sleeve and puts her hands behind her back, swaying demurely from side to side. The old man looks at her evenly for several seconds, until she starts to look embarrassed, then resumes studying the sheaf of files displayed on the screen of his PC.

The cadet steps forward, “Sir, thank you for taking my side in this. I told them both that allowing one mech to approach within melee range of an unknown enemy was an unacceptable risk, a-”

He's cut off midword “Keith 'Jesus' Young...Jesus, really?” Colonel Stern's brow furrows as he brings up the personnel file, “These are some very impressive sim results here, and glowing commendations from most of your instructors. According to this, you've never been shot down and have never resorted to hand-to-hand mecha combat in training. It also notes you have an exceptionally high ratio of enemies disabled versus enemies killed...although again, just in the simulations. You'll find a real firefight to be much less forgiving. There's a disciplinary incident here, it says you broke the arm of one of your friends in a dispute over a girl, but that's fairly standard aside from the severity of the injury and aside from that you have a very clean record.”

[Continued]
>>
File: dandy02.jpg (70 KB, 530x298) Image search: [Google]
dandy02.jpg
70 KB, 530x298
>>46847100
>“Keith 'Jesus' Young...Jesus, really?”
KEK
>>
Cadet Young salutes crisply, “Sir! My nickname was given to me at the Academy, sir! I believe it was a reference to my piloting skills, and also the Reformed Catholic background of my foster family. So, you're going to submit an unaltered report?” He sounds hopeful. “You see, I personally believe that if everyone stopped lying to each other, and lived in perfect honesty, we would be able to understand each other and the need for violence would be gone.”

The Colonel tsks, “Absolutely not, and you should be thanking me for it. The Advanced Sensor Platforms installed into your Test Pumpkinseeds record comm chatter as well as flight data. It wasn't either of Squadron A's regular members who insisted on breaking patrol in hopes of advancing themselves with an arrest. Or backed the target into a corner by invoking the possibility of confiscating his machine.” His voice hardens several degrees, “Or nearly fired on him while he was using your commanding officer as a shield. 'Mechanical mishap' is going on my report, and if you're not grateful for that then you're a bigger fool than I've already estimated.” The Cadet's face turns nearly as green as his uniform, but the Colonel holds up a hand to shut him up before he can start, “If I had my way, you'd be working the Shetland maintenance bay for a month to get your priorities straight, but it's out of my hands. General Fairchild has requested you personally be removed as Squadron A's replacement pilot and report to her at once. You're receiving a promotion, apparently, and you've been tasked with testing an experimental new mech designed for your fighting style and capabilities as part of the newly-formed Squadron B. I wish you the best of luck. Despite your mistakes, you may have the makings of a very fine soldier.”

[Continued]
>>
File: 24v5r2a[1].gif (632 KB, 310x280) Image search: [Google]
24v5r2a[1].gif
632 KB, 310x280
The Cadet's face resumes its usual color, and his hand trembles a little with the force of his salute, “Sir! Thank you sir! I promise I won't let you or the General down sir!” If he had a tail it would be wagging forcefully enough to fan the whole office. Experimental mecha do that to impressionable teenagers.

“Dismissed, all of you.” The Colonel waves them away, but Corporal Blanchette hesitates.

“Sir...what about our orders regarding the facility on Suleiman 1? They're several days past their usual check-in time. If Galbadie's pirates hit them, they could be in real danger. There are civilians there, scientists and technicians working for the UJCIDF. For US, sir. We have a responsibility to them and to their families.” For once, her mild-mannered voice is quite heated, and she crosses her arms across her modest chest, “We should have sortied as soon as we received their last communication, and I know you're thinking the same thing. With all due respect, sir, I don't understand General Fairchild's reasoning.”

[Continued]
>>
File: 49534[1].jpg (29 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
49534[1].jpg
29 KB, 225x350
Colonel Stern rubs his temples with his fingertips, going from looking sharp and authoritative to old and tired, “Neither do I, but it isn't our place to. Our orders are to remain here on California Station until called for, and not to interfere with the Green Skulls under any circumstances. That's an order from the General, understood? One that bothers me as much as it bothers you.”

“Sir...this isn't right. Lives are at stake, lives we're supposed to protect.” She bites her lip, and the Colonel sighs heavily, nodding.

“There isn't anything we can do about it right now. This is the situation we're in, and as soldiers we're obligated to follow our orders even when we don't understand them. Dismissed, Corporal.”

All three salute, and depart. Cadet Young seems not to have a care in the world, but the Corporal and Sergeant trade glances, frowning. A responsible younger brother tries to talk an angry older sister out of doing something impulsive, but soon realizes that she's in no mood to listen.

[Continued]
>>
File: Yuuki.Kei.full.537233[1].jpg (343 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
Yuuki.Kei.full.537233[1].jpg
343 KB, 720x1080
What follows after that is fairly simple for a bright young intelligence officer. She analyzes the sensor data from her Test Pumpkinseed, tracking the heat trails of the 'scavenger' mech and confirming which bay it went to. She gets a little flustered when she has to admit that she let Keith and Pierre go ahead and watched you fly away until you were out of sight, and hurriedly tries to push the conversation onward.

The registry for the ship is just a meaningless string of numbers, California Station officials don't exactly list the real names of the ships they're servicing unless those ships use the military-reserved facilities on the main asteroid, so instead she hacks the bay's surveillance cameras and records a visual of the ship inside for comparison with UJCIDF records of local pirate gangs. Cross-referencing a list of known pirates from a certain band with a black Martian-pattern ship of that weight and general armament to confirm a theory of hers isn't very difficult, nor is remotely shadowing the bay and following one of the ship's officers when she leaves to visit a bar. It's a little more annoying to dress plainly enough not to attract attention, but the tomboyish female she's stalking is drunk enough and busy enough milking information of her own from a hotel employee that she doesn't even notice the disguised UJCIDF Corporal pick her pocket and take her PC. Once she inputs a file from her own PC, she simply gives the 'dropped' PC to the barman and makes her way back to the Cincinnatus.

[Continued]
>>
File: Moyashimon.full.513110[1].jpg (94 KB, 500x751) Image search: [Google]
Moyashimon.full.513110[1].jpg
94 KB, 500x751
"...So you see, I used you, Roarke. I thought that if you could survive them once, you could do it again, and that either you would want revenge yourself or know somebody who could help you get it. I'm an awful, awful girl and don't deserve this nice dinner, but I didn't join the military for the special privileges, the free medical care, or the mecha. I joined because I wanted to help people who were weak and scared like I am, to give them some hope. I didn't join to just watch them die when there was something I could do to save them." Her gaze is firmly fixed on the tablecloth, her hands clenched into small, tight fists. "It was stupid, so stupid. I won't blame you if you never want to speak to me again." She hangs her head, keeping her voice as un-quivery as she can despite her emotionally distraught state.

[Wall of Text ends here, you might want to say something]
>>
>>46847613
Heh so that's where that info came from. Hmmmm. If you felt up to it would you help me pull off a prank on that tomboy? I would owe you for that. We did look at that information but it didn't seem to add up but now it does.
>>
>>46847613
Don't worry about it. Its not like you forced me to do anything. Besides, I'm going to take the Green Skulls down in my own time so any more info on them is useful
>>
>>46847613
Hey, it took some smart thinking to do what you did. I'll admit I'm impressed at your skills. You deserve the dinner for that at least.
>>
>>46847613
So, that's where that info came from. Well, you made two mistakes, assuming I would endanger my crew on a mission from an unknown source and opting not to bring this up to me. I didn't take the bait.

However, that doesn't mean I won't do the job. I don't hurt innocents. But I'm a pirate, I don't risk my and my crews life for no pay. I get everything from the station that can fit into my ship. I liberate any non-combatants and I kill any green skulls. That means I forgive you, the least I can do for giving me the Best of Queen.
>>
>>46847613
Well, to be fair it did look like good information, but due to not knowing who it was, we focused on some side work to improve our chances. We were planning on doing that once I current job is done though.

Still, now that we know, we can properly head for them. We only spent a few days out and about and it'd take a while to reach them, right?

Either ways, no worries and no harm done. Though, any information could help us there.
>>
>>46847613
Its no big deal were gonna deal with them eventually
>>
>>46847613
I'll do the job. On condition that this date wasn't just to rope me in to sack the station and free any hostages.
>>
Now we have two new mixtapes to make, our 70s/80s and the best of queen.

We need 11 more songs for our 70s/80s and 18 for our Queen one

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6iimHE85EZZMlprNzRxSlZPclU
>>
>>46847879
Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son
>>
>>46847613
Well, if this is what you feel torn over I forgive you. It was only stupid in that it could have killed your career if you got caught, and I couldn't not want to talk to you, regardless. In any case you gave the information as it was, and didn't surgarcoat or inflate anything. All you did was offer me a choice which was mine to make, to pursue or not. I get that you want to help them, and that your orders frustrated you. Anyway, I know how you can make up for everything if you feel so compelled to.
> Point out the good scotch on the menu
>>
>>46847879
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtxlCsVKkvY
>>
>>46847933
You got fire in you, a hallmark of a good pirate.
>Raises eyebrow seductively
>>
>>46847960
>>46847913

And thats the first half of the the mixtape, 9 songs left

Side A
1. Roundabout - Yes
2. Starman - David Bowie
3. Dude (Looks Like a Lady) - Aerosmith
4. Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
5. I need a Hero - Bonnie Tyler
6. Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
7. Carry on My Wayward Sun -Kansas
8. Daddy Cool - Boney M
9. Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran
>>
>>46848007
All the Bowie songs. ALL.
>>
>>46848097
I don't believe you understand the concept or appeal of a 'mixed' tape. Variety is the spice of nostalgic 80s music life. Though I do believe you understand the awesomeness of the late and great musician.
>>
File: Corporal Blanchett blush.jpg (79 KB, 532x781) Image search: [Google]
Corporal Blanchett blush.jpg
79 KB, 532x781
"So that's how it happened." You say, before reaching across the table, taking her hands in yours, and squeezing them, "It's okay. It took smart thinking to pull off something like that, and you do deserve this dinner. You didn't force me to do anything, you just told me the truth about the situation and gave me a choice. I admit, the chance to...scavenge...a military research facility was and still is tempting, but I never had any intention of estimating the Green Skulls. I took my crew and did some side work, it's simpler for both of us if you don't know what, to build up our war chest and fighting strength. I'm still going to go, once I'm confident I can win."

She looks up at you, shocked that you're not angry, and you give her your most dazzling grin, "Cheer up, I could never hate a girl who likes Queen. The thing that bothers me most is the risk to your career. You didn't just come here out of guilt, did you? This is a real date, right, not just a chance to convince me to save people?" You raise your eyebrow. Seductively.

She nods furiously, blushing, "O-of course it's a real date! I mean...at least...if you can accept a girl like me. I've got another secret, after all..."

She tells you, in a quiet voice. She never uses the terms 'boy' or 'he', and makes it clear that she was always a girl from the moment she was born. It didn't exactly take much work for her to look this feminine, either, she and Pierre are fraternal twins rather than identical and have always looked like brother and sister even before she discovered lipstick, "...I was going to tell you as soon as we met in person, but then you started treating me like a princess and I just wanted it to last a while longer...please don't hate me."

>[Accept]
>[Reject]
>>
>>46848178
>[Accept]
Roll for cool ?
>>
>>46848154
I do it's just Bowie is one of my favorite performers of all time. So I could listen to nothing but him all day and night. I even lost my virginity to Heroes.
>>
>>46848178
>[Accept]
>>
>>46848178
>[Accept]
I honestly expected you to make her an actual girl, QM
>>
>>46848178
>>[Accept]
But you ARE a princess. Corny as fuck smile.
>>
>>46848178
I mean, we did kind of see this coming from a mile away.
>>
>>46848178
>[Accept]
>>
File: Bw_Jm6rCEAAXNqQ.jpg (32 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Bw_Jm6rCEAAXNqQ.jpg
32 KB, 600x600
>>46848201

If you like. You'll get a bonus depending on what you say. As always, verbal input from the players will generally get worked into the dialogue.

Remember, you have 5 points of Luck left.
>>
File: 1459104186959.jpg (85 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1459104186959.jpg
85 KB, 680x680
All these people taking the government dog's knot.
>>
>>46848214

I honestly seriously considered having Karen or Red Siren be the trap instead with how much people were expecting this, but I kind of came to like how it fits into her personality and she dropped a hint or two during the very first meeting.
>>
>>46848295
Nope we're giving her ours. She gets a reach around.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>46848263
Time to roll Say were not surprised she was prettier then ladies anyway

>>46848295
Pretty sure were always topping and look on the bright side easier to get her into doing a threeway with red siren
>>
File: painful ain't it.png (107 KB, 663x559) Image search: [Google]
painful ain't it.png
107 KB, 663x559
>>46848295
Ain't like we're the one taking it
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>46848364
fuck it i'll back it
>>
>>46848364
Listen. I get you guys want to feel safe in the arms of a strong man. However "she" doesn't get to touch Red Siren. EVER.
>>
>>46848295
Eh we can be roman in that sense, its cool if your giving as opposed to receiving ahahahaha. Joking aside.
>>46848297
I was curious as to where you were going with this, but you didn't force a 'the crying game' so its cool. That would have been hilarious with a character we did not expect though, like karen, ahahaha. Oh man that would have thrown me for a loop.
>>
>>46848453
>force a 'the crying game'
I have never heard that one before
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>46848297
His hairtone has made the sun jealous,
He once abducted a martian princess after a single move paralyzed the will of her escorts.
He has never play the harmonica, only breathed inspiration through one.

He is the most interesting pirate in the 'verse
>>
File: brasky_baldwin.jpg (152 KB, 375x281) Image search: [Google]
brasky_baldwin.jpg
152 KB, 375x281
>>46848510

>I heard he once breast feed an elephant back to life
>To Roarke Starwind
>>
>>46848540
He once escaped certain death by discovering an ancient war machine after being stranded.
He has never once considered the implications of his magnificent style, though anyone well dressed does.
His middle name is susan.
Nothing hits harder than life, except his fist.
Bounty hunters pay to be brought in by him (past event with lucky outcome maybe?)
It is said the green skulls were the black skulls before they saw him fly.
>>
>>46848453

Honestly if she didn't tell you promptly instead of manipulating you into being attached to her first, it would have been greatly at odds with her personality. She would rather be rejected early and have the chance to stay friends with an unrequited crush than break someone's heart to enjoy some temporary happiness.

As for Karen, she was the only one nobody would suspect, but you've known her too long.
>>
>>46848837
Take her back to the ship for some Barry White
>>
File: Corporal Blanchett Heart.jpg (190 KB, 770x1120) Image search: [Google]
Corporal Blanchett Heart.jpg
190 KB, 770x1120
"Samantha..."

She flinches a little bit, but doesn't look away. Her large, pale eyes are as fragile as two stained glass windows, but she nerves herself up and maintains eye contact.

You smile, "But you are a princess." You know that your smile is as corny as what you just said, and you don't give a single fuck.

Her mouth drops open, her lips quiver, and then she jumps up, is around the table so fast it nearly knocks the wineglasses over, and her hearfelt yelp of "Roarke!" is loud enough to break through the noise dampeners and make a few of the other patrons turn their heads as she hugs you tight, burying her face in your neck.

You reach up, and run your fingers through her hair, it's soft and silky and darker than space. On impulse, you wet your throat with a sip of wine, and let your own pipes make the music for once.

"She keeps Moët et Chandon
In her pretty cabinet..."

She looks up at you, and you swear you can see the galaxy itself turn in her eyes. Her voice, soft and feminine, carries the next few lines.

"'Let them eat cake,' she says
Just like Marie Antoinette..."

"A built-in remedy
For Kruschev and Kennedy!" You give her an encouraging squeeze, and she wriggles around to fit into your lap.

"At anytime an invitation
You can't decline..." Her voice gets a little stronger.

"Caviar and cigarettes
Well versed in etiquette
Extraordinarily nice." Your voices join together.

"She's a Killer Queen."
"Gunpowder, gelatine~"
"Dynamite with a laser beam!"
"Guaranteed to blow your mind~" She sashays back and forth to the beat, blushing and grinning.

"Anytime..." Your hand finds hers, and your fingers slowly interlock, squeezing tight.

"Recommended at the price~" She purrs.
"Insatiable in appetite." You respond archly.
"Wanna try?" She challenges, leaning up, her lips just a few inches from yours.

>[What do?]
>>
>>46848864
>SUDDENLY A WAITER
>>
>>46848864
Kiss but break it off. But since you are a princess I must steal you from the beloved Prince no? Simply make a call and I shall be there to secret you away.
>>
File: 1431315758799.gif (2 MB, 286x210) Image search: [Google]
1431315758799.gif
2 MB, 286x210
>>46848900
>>
>>46848864
Fuck it I wanna try!
>>
>>46848900
Were about to fuck a guy and thats still way to gay for this
>>
>>46848864
Gundamn it, I've never felt so much for a lady boy before!
>>
>>46848295

Karen will still be the one having our puppies, don't worry. She's ideal breeding material and lives on our ship.
>>
>>46848864
May as well kiss and tell.

>>46849022
/tg/ can do magical things to a guy.
>>
>>46849186
Im feeling either shark girl or Red Siren
>>
>>46848178
Not gonna lie, confused as fuck. Yes or no, was she born genetically and anatomically female, Mr. Wong?
>>
>>46849186
Seconded. Samantha might be a good wifu, but Karen would make a great Wife.
>>
File: latest[2].png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
1 MB, 1600x900
You lean down and kiss her, but only for a few moments. She shivers as you pull away.

"Let's not get kicked out."

"Y-yeah...but still...that was a really nice kiss." She blushes prettily, then pulls her plate over to your side of the table and sits next to you, leaning against your shoulder.

You call the waiter over, and order an entire bottle of expensive scotch. Every time you take a sip of this, you'll be able to remember it. Besides, Fatima is still paying for all of this, and somehow the thought of that is incredibly satisfying.

Eventually Samantha begins talking about work again, "I'm going to put in for some vacation time. One of my squadmates is in a hospital on Colony 1, everyone on the ship will assume that's the reason. Besides...they brought Farragut the Butcher back from the extrasolar colonies, and I don't want to be around her if I can help it." She shudders a little.

"Who?" Farragut...that name is oddly familiar. It isn't until Samantha starts digging around in her purse for her own military ID card that you remember the dangerous blonde.

"Lieutenant Alice Farragut. She was a sergeant when she was posted to one of the worlds the UJCIDF has reclaimed in another star system. Apparently the Captain of the ship she was posted to went rogue and tried to claim one of the colonies as his own personal fief, the way some of the Belt pirates do." She gives you a rather direct look. You know Red Siren has a colony she calls Auditorium, rather than a main battleship, and you've heard of other pirates doing the same, but it's not as common as all that. "Anyway, she killed everyone on the ship. According to the rumors, she didn't leave a single person alive. Officers, cadets, even the noncombat staff were slaughtered. A lot of them were poisoned or killed hand-to-hand before she got to a Palomino and wiped out the rest with its weapons systems. She sent up a distress signal and waited for almost a year before the closest detachment could get to her."
>>
>>46849383
Can't wait to get the chance to spar with her if she follows the path of the fist
>>
>>46849383
Oh, Clemmy? I had such a nice first impression from her though. She looked like the type of girl that could give me a run for my money in a brawl.
>>
Oh shit that's what we are doing! We are honeydicking the UJCIDF! Clemmy seems like someone fun to just chill with a beer and some BBQ.
>>
>>46849383
"...Well. She seems to be off her rocker. Sounds like somebody good to fight though."
>>
>>46849499

Honeydicking?
>>
>>46849383
Come to think of it I don't think I've ever encountered a woman with such a murderous aura
>>
>>46849278

She's a trap, bro. She's a girl who was accidentally born with a penis.

I want to hear Yoritomo explain traps.
>>
>>46849527
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kpE_W722pc
The Interview, go watch it fool.
>>
>>46848007
Anything by Dio.
>>
>>46849571
I think he's wondering if she has both a swangus and a vagoo
>>
File: Corporal Blanchett shock.png (61 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Corporal Blanchett shock.png
61 KB, 300x300
You take a contemplative bite of your steak, "Clemmy? She left such a good first impression, too." You manage to be remarkably deadpan.

Samantha blinks, "You met her?"

"Yeah. I knew something was off, I haven't seen eyes like that since...ever. She looked like she was about to bite a chunk out of me when I bumped into her, but a good fight is a good fight."

Samantha's eyes narrow slightly, "I'm not going to tell you how to live your life, Roarke S. Starwind, but I am going to be very, very cross if you die young because you did something stupid. If you don't take precautions and get hurt, I'm going to get in my new S-Betta, and I'm going to put its fist through the window of her quarters and I'm going to squeeze her until that little blonde head pops off." She nods firmly. You're a little surprised by her violent response, but at least she's not trying to talk you out of it directly and at least she's being protective of you.
>>
>>46849697

This.
>>
>>46849697
Any preference? za waurdo
>>
>>46849006
We're a Pirate, where's you're sense of adventure?
>>
>>46849755
Stargazer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6CjO0H2j0s
>>
>>46849758

Alright 8 more songs needed for our mix tape

Side B
1. Stargazer - DIO
>>
>>46849811
Dio-Holy Diver
Ded Lepord- Photograph
>>
>>46849826
Damnit phone! Def not Ded!!!
>>
>>46849708
Well, thats sort of what comes with the pirate life, but the concern is nice. Still, we're pretty good with our hands so we're no easy prey.
>>
>>46849755

Rainbow in the Dark? Holy Diver?
>>
>>46849811
Do we already have I want to breka free by Queen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Mc-NYPHaQ
>>
Holy Diver or Rainbow in the Dark?

Side B

1. Stargazer - DIO
2. Photograph - Def Leopard
3. Life on Mars - David Bowie
>>
>>46849708
"Don't worry, I didn't survive this long by being easy pickings. Thanks for the concern though."
>>
>>46849903
We have a whole Best of for Queen to make later
>>
>>46849934
Great.
Howabout you spin me round by Dead or Alive?
>>
>>46849973
Or Madness House of Fun?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ2X9SANsME
>>
Side B

1. Stargazer - DIO
4. Spin Me Round - Dead or Alive
5. House of Fun - Madness

Some suggestions I want to put in

Bat out of Hell - Meatloaf
Little Girls - Oingo Boingo
Sister Golden Hair - America
Horse with no Name - America
>>
File: 1460604023002.jpg (156 KB, 570x696) Image search: [Google]
1460604023002.jpg
156 KB, 570x696
"I'll be careful." You promise, "I'm good with my hands, if it comes to it she won't find the leader of the Kestrels easy prey."

Samantha smiles, calming down rather like a terrier that's had its belly scratched.

"So, while you're making sure I'm being careful, what can you tell me about the Green Skulls? Aside from them being backstabbing shits and the fact that they're famous, I don't really know much about them. Nobody ever expected them to come this far out of their stomping grounds." You finish off your wine, and casually put an arm around your date. None of that hoverhand crap, you put your palm on her hip and she leans into you more.

"According to our intelligence reports...which I might as well share with you since I've already done worse...Captain Galbadie and a lot of his pirates are veterans of the War. Supposedly he doesn't leave his flagship, the Light Heavy Battleship Agamemnon, for any reason. This makes me suspect he's either paranoid or that he can't leave for some reason, but I have no solid evidence for that. His fleet consists of the Agamemnon and four other ships, two of them very small vessels for raiding and two of them larger and more heavily armed ships. I'd say the two warships might each be a match for your Rhinehawk, but I can't tell because yours is Martian and his fleet is all old Jovian vessels."

"Have you heard of him having an ace with a mech that has a horned, green demon mask?" You inquire, remembering that grinning face before a tide of missiles buried Louis and Thelma and left you floating unconscious in your damaged Harpy Custom.

"I've heard reports of a machine like that, but no solid data about it or its pilot. I'm sorry. It's like the rumors about what they do to their captives. I know Galbadie takes girls by the dozen and that they don't come back, and I hear awful, awful stories about what he and his men do to their victims...but again, I don't have solid proof of anything."

[Continued]
>>
>>46850023
Meatloaf. All of my yes. Can't believe I forgot about him!

Rolling Stones- Sympathy for the Devil?
>>
>>46850059
>Light Heavy Battleship
Which one is it?
>>
>>46850059
>>46849849

Yes, that's me. I took the trip off to post in a thread on /m/ again.
>>
>>46850098

Light Heavy is an actual class for both warships and mecha. It's directly between Medium Weight and Medium Heavy. It sounds funny to me too.
>>
>>46850098
It's the classification. From what I recall it would be about 2 weight categories heavier than the knuckle kaiser if it was a mech.
>>
>>46850023
posting some ideas
The Divynals - Pleasure and Pain
Cold Chisal - Keh Sanh
Midnight Oil - Beds are Burning
Men at Work - Down Under
I'd be shot if I didn't post them.
>>
For the last 4 lets say each song needs to have three people backing it
>>
File: Corporal Blanchett happy.png (244 KB, 373x292) Image search: [Google]
Corporal Blanchett happy.png
244 KB, 373x292
"I know it seems like the UJCIDF is always there, waiting to pounce, but really our resources are limited. It's a big galaxy, and we're stretched so thin trying to keep it together that we can't even maintain control in places like the Belt. That's part of the reason why the SOUL Force was founded, to achieve extraordinary results with the means available...but now, I don't know WHAT we are anymore. Colonel Stern is a great man, a hero, but he follows orders and he can't do anything if his superiors don't allow him to act. Sometimes I see his point, that if nobody follows the rules we'll have anarchy and only the strongest will have any power...but I know that everybody has to make up their own mind about how they want to live, and I don't want to be someone who had the power to save people and didn't. All I know is that I've been miserable these past two days, but now I'm happier than I've ever been in my life." She hugs you with a huge smile.

She's incredibly cuddly, and you try not to disturb her as you call for the check.

>[What next, Admiral?]
>>
>>46850124

You're incredibly close, it's actually one category higher.

Yoritomo's Osano-Wo, for instance, is a Heavy Striker (one category below the Medium Weight Knuckle Kaiser) with Light Heavy Armor two levels heavier than its actual chassis, one above the Knuckle Kaiser.
>>
>>46850214
Go to an arcade or see some movie?
>>
>>46850214
Invite her back to our ship and broach the idea of her joining our crew, plus lewdness uninterrupted hand holding
>>
>>46850248
With Karen back on the ship, that might not be a good idea.
>>
>>46850214
Well I would say escort her home, but with being a wanted man and all....
Give her a kiss? Maybe tell her that if we've learn anything from pop culture, when an military peacekeeping force lets a criminal organization walk over them something shady is going on.
>>
By the way, I'm curious, is the Anon who suggested pulling a prank on Miles with Sam still around? I'd like to know the details, it could be fun.
>>
Guys we almost forgot the most important track https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhUkGIsKvn0
>>
>>46850300
Good save TS. I second this motion.
>>
>>46850300
Supporting

Also, how about this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioE_O7Lm0I4
>>
>>46850297
Yes. 'Twas me. Just something stupid like bringing back something that is obviously hers and then Roarke comes in and ask who her friend is. Or something.
>>
Three spots left

Side B

1. Stargazer - DIO
6. Kung Fu Fighting - Carl Douglas
>>
>>46850261
Maybe she wants to join inwe have two hands
>>
>>46850402
Rush - Tom Sawyer?

But really the music appreciation in these threads. Warms my old heart.
>>
It's still an awfully even split on where you're taking her. Or if you just let her lead.

Back in twenty, I'm just cleaning up my place a bit because I know this is going to run late as usual and by the time I'm done I'll want to go straight to bed.
>>
>>46850482
Supporting taking her home. >>46850270
>>
>>46850482
Let's wander aimlessly around town and see where the night takes us. Besides, we'll be hard to follow or track if even we have no idea where we're going.
>>
File: 1454347417500.gif (3 MB, 370x370) Image search: [Google]
1454347417500.gif
3 MB, 370x370
>>46850430

Seconded.

>mfw someone already suggested Blue Oyster Cult a thread or so ago without any prompting from me.
>>
>>46850505
This is good.
>>
>>46850430
How do you forget Rush? Cause I did.
>>
Alright 2 tracks left make sure there good ones, remember we can use them for more the just fighting

Side B

1. Stargazer - DIO
7. Tom Sawyer - Rush
>>
>>46850568
How about some Boston?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4QK8RxCAwo
>>
>>46850482
Question Wong. How big is the Federation spread out? How many systems and galaxies are there?
>>
>>46850587
Yes.
>>
>>46850568
Genesis - I can feel it?
That was from the 80's right?
>>
>>46850505
voting for this
>>
>>46850629
I know Land of Confusion was
>>
>>46850592

Just the one galaxy. Nobody knows exactly how many human colonies there are, due to the disorganized nature of galactic human society with no central authority. It's entirely possible there are colonies and worlds that were discovered, populated, and then just never reported back for one reason or another.

The CUSS (Confederation of United Star Systems) at its height controlled fifty-eight systems, with a total of roughly eighty planets and a varying number of outlying colonies. During the Great Sidereal War, about half were lost. Either they were made uninhabitable by one side or the other, depopulated and never recolonized, or simply fell off the radar. The Solar System League has reclaimed about ten systems, with a total of twenty-eight worlds. At least that's what the official news sources say. More streetwise purveyors of information say that the effort is severely hindered by Jupiter and Luna repeatedly ganging up to stop Mars from just going full-on war of conversion. At least, that's how the past few decades have been. Now you have Fatima's Commodore betrothed and likely some other Martian officers visiting the Jovian colonies for talks, which is a pretty new development.
>>
>>46850629
It was 81 so its usable
>>
>>46850568
Genesis- land of confusion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHmH1xQ2Pf4
>>
>>46850629
>>46850927
Add it to the list then.
>>
>>46850923
so basically a push back out into the old systems to reclaim what was lost and assimilate any survivors whether they want to or not.
>>
Alright one track left make it good

Side B

1. Stargazer - DIO
7. Tom Sawyer - Rush
8. I Can Feel It - Genesis
>>
>>46850953
Seconded
>>
You don't have a destination in mind. Dinner is over, but you don't want the date to end just yet, and neither does she. You walk aimlessly through the streets of Colony 2, feeling quite safe with your gun riding at your hip, your fists at your sides, and a companion with a military pass and likely at least one weapon concealed somewhere in her purse. You talk about music, mostly. Finally, you find a park. It's leafy and overgrown, but the wisteria blossoms and azaleas are in full bloom, filling the night with a sweet scent. You notice Samantha popping a mint into her mouth, and you turn your head a little just as she offers you one.

For once in her life she isn't remotely subtle. She's a little awkward, a bit inexperienced, you momentarily speculate that she might know more about this sort of thing from stories (or holonet pornography) and simflicks than experience, but her kisses make up for it in enthusiasm. By the time the two of you are done making out, she's standing on her tiptoes with her hands pressed lightly against her chest.

Finally she pulls back, her bonnet askew and her hair in disarray, "Roarke, I want to do something for you, okay? You don't have to do anything, I just want to make you feel good."

>[Accept and fade to black, does not yet qualify for Sam's upgrade]
>[Not on a first date]
>>
>>46851075
>[Accept and fade to black, does not yet qualify for Sam's upgrade]

Fortune favors the brave
>>
>>46851075
>>[Not on a first date]
woah!! who does she think we are!?
>>
>>46850968

Yes, and the powers of the SSL are divided on how exactly to go about it. The Jovians are happy to accept bids from their megacorporations and let whoever promises to make the planet the most productive run things, the Martians want to spread Hakimite Islam, Luna wants (as far as anyone can tell) to keep a coherent human culture and purge anti-Solar System sentiment, and nobody knows what the fuck Earth wants.
>>
>>46851075
>>[Not on a first date]
Maybe if you get me drunk on the second. Maybe.
>>
>>46851075
>>[Not on a first date]
Roarke S. Starwind ain't some Uranian whore. Plus it gives the ladies something to look forward to.
>>
>>46851100
We must counter the Space Muslims. Were are the Space Jews?
>>
>>46851075
>[Not on a first date]
>>
>>46851130
Pluto.
>>
>>46851075
>[Not on a first date]
gotta save something the the second date.
and we don't have our mood music. it just wouldn't be right
>>
>>46851130

Where indeed?
>>
File: Kassad vs Shrike.jpg (401 KB, 750x844) Image search: [Google]
Kassad vs Shrike.jpg
401 KB, 750x844
>>46851130
In Space Israel
>>
hey Mr. Wong I just want to chime in and say how much I appreciate your quest the naming scheme of the Bahamut mechs. take a special kind of man to name his killing machines after sunfish
>>
>>46851238
They are?
>>
File: Corporal Blanchett.jpg (8 KB, 181x162) Image search: [Google]
Corporal Blanchett.jpg
8 KB, 181x162
It's hard to say no, but you have an image to maintain. Not just to her, but to yourself. Besides...you don't have your mood music, and you've only been on one date. She's someone you plan to see again, so playing fast and loose with her would be a bad idea.

"We've both been drinking, Samantha, and emotions are running high for both of us. I'm not saying no, I'm saying not yet. I just want you to be sure I'm really who you want. After all, considering my profession, and yours, this could be dangerous."

She looks hurt for a moment, then touched, "You really are a gentleman, Roarke Starwind." She throws her slender arms around you in a hug, "Alright, but just so you know, I'm okay with who you are. You accepted me as I am, what kind of lady would I be if I couldn't accept who you are too?" She kisses you again, then hooks her arm through yours, "I need to get back before my brother gets worried. Will you walk me back to the shuttleport?"

You accept with a smile, taking her there and seeing her off. She waves to you from the window before the small craft takes off for the battleship hovering outside the Colony.

>[The reasoning on both sides was sound, and the winning side had good reasons, meaning the Corporal comes away extremely happy. Ultimately, you got the Best Ending for this date, although most of it came down to the accept/reject question.]

Your PC chooses that moment to chirp at you, indicating you just got a message. It's from Clemmy. With a feeling of faint trepidation, you open it while you wait for the next shuttle to Colony 3 to arrive.

[Continued]
>>
Also, to clarify, at some point you added Samantha Blanchett to your contacts list. Most of the named crew of the Iron Kestrels, plus Oda Yoritomo, are already on there.
>>
>>46851238

Thank you! Feedback is always splendid!

>>46851254

Bahamutcorp products are named after aquatic creatures, mostly fish. Their company symbol is a whale carrying the galaxy on its back.

Bucephalus Heavy Industries products are named after horses. Their company symbol is a rearing stallion with a flaming mane surrounded by a circle of stars.
>>
>>46851348
you know, i forgot that Bahamut was a whale
>>
File: 1371496846347.png (753 KB, 616x705) Image search: [Google]
1371496846347.png
753 KB, 616x705
>>46851294
Sam is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>46851373
Most people do with it being portrayed as a dragon in pretty much everything.
>>46851348
Remind me.... what are the names of Bahamut mechs again?
>>
>>46851393
I remember bluegill, pumpkinseed, and warmouth
and the ship being a Wels
>>
>>46851415
Wels is easy, I've watched enough river monsters to know that one. (CATFISH, CATFISH EVERYWHERE!!!!!!) Bluegill is also a bahamut, maybe warmouth. But if all of Bahamuts mechs are named after fish (like the Tau) than I think the Pumpkinseed is from bucephelous.
>>
File: Clemmy.jpg (19 KB, 300x415) Image search: [Google]
Clemmy.jpg
19 KB, 300x415
'I know I said to think it over but my new squadmate is so annoying :crying cat image: He's a complete fightvirgin...for now! :laughing cat with devil horns image: If you signed up I could get him bumped off the squad~ :several images of winking cats: We could test-drive my new machine w/ clothing optional ;D :several more images of winking cats: '

You get another message 'HE'S TALKING ABOUT THE HEAD AGAIN. THIS IS EVERYTHING WRONG WITH THE MILITARY WE ARE HRIING PHILOSOPHERS NOT SOLDIERS!!!11!!!! WOULD THROW OUT WINDOW BUT WE'RE IN SPACE :SAD CAT IMAGE:'

>[Go back to the Rhinehawk and deal with her crazy nonsense later]
>[Respond, and if so, with what?]
>>
>>46851456
>>[Go back to the Rhinehawk and deal with her crazy nonsense later]
Nope not dealing with the crazy bint.
>>
>>46851456
The only opinion I have in this, is that we do like Momonga. Unless she turns out to have serious trauma issues with what she has done and just acts crazy, I don't really want anything to do with her.
>>
>>46851456
>[Respond, and if so, with what?]
Let me guess, "If we talked about being honest we can learn to understand each other amd the need for violence would be gone". Met the fruit before. Tell him Roarke says hi, you'll probably get a good laugh.
>>
>>46851456
Supporting this >>46851511
>>
>>46851511
Backing this
>>
>>46851511
Sure as long as he doesn't know who we are.
>>
File: Young_pumpkinseed_sunfish[1].jpg (156 KB, 641x303) Image search: [Google]
Young_pumpkinseed_sunfish[1].jpg
156 KB, 641x303
>>46851448

Examples of Bucephalus mechs that you've at least heard of so far are the Thoroughbred, the Morgan, the Shetland (reliable little ultalight rescue and repair mecha), and the Palomino (Bucephalus' answer to the Pumpkinseed, it's a level lighter in the armor department but capable of unassisted gravity flight)

The Pumpkinseed is a relatively new but extremely well-advertised model from Bahamut.
>>
>>46851373

Most people do.
>>
>>46851474
>>46851484

You can't un-roll a critical. Even if you ignore her completely she might come after you on her own. I honestly never expected this to happen to Farragut the Butcher, but it's happened, and consequences will never be the same.
>>
>>46851620
Were just that good I guess
>>
>>46851620
I guess it's time to live up to our family name and face full life consequences
>>
You decide, on what might be a very healthy impulse to get a good laugh out of this, to reply.

'Let me guess, he's talked about how if we're honest and can understand each other we don't need to fight? I've met the underripe little fruit before. Tell him Roarke says hi and that if he keeps it up you'll tie his cannon into a bowtie around his neck.'

You whistle happily at your own creativity, and apparently Alice agrees, because she responds with a solid five rows of nothing but laughing cat smileys and an 'OK!'

>[Instigate further]
>[Done enough damage]
>>
>>46851690

>[Instigate further]
In for a penny in for a pound
>>
>>46851690

That should be unhealthy, not healthy. Laughter is healthy, being around Alice might not be.
>>
>>46851690
>>[Done enough damage]
>>
>>46851701
Boy, you better start referring to her as Clemmy before I show you a thing or two about unhealthy.
>>
Man I fucking hate time zones.
To answer one anons question from last thread Federation vs Zeon is both translated and has english voice acting. No gihren's greed though.
>>
>>46851690
>>[Instigate further]
Are you serious she has to give more than that. Maybe a pic of his purple face contorted in rage?
>>
So for the last track decide between

Land of Confusion
Bat out of Hell
More then a Feeling
Rocky Theme
Sympathy for the devil
>>
>>46851748
I choose..... More than a Feeling.
>>
>>46851748
Land of confusion has my vote
>>
>>46851763
>>46851770
Forgot to mention first to three gets it
>>
>>46851748
>Land of Confusion
Seems like a good song for Roarke to unwind. I can picture it already. He returns to captains quarters, sighs and takes off his sunglasses. Presses a button on his cassette player as he passes by. Sits on his couch and opens a cold beer. Lays back, closes eyes, nod along to the beat.
>>
Incidentally, looking at the time, we'll end on that minor cliffhanger. You accomplished more than you know. Game continues SUNDAY.

For those of you who are Karen fans and might be distruntled that Sam's date was considerably longer, previously I didn't have Karen's backstory as complete as it is now. Future dates with Karen will be considerably more involved. Besides, she's always right down the hall.
>>
>>46851910
Cool thread Mr. Wong.

Yall niggers are gay, but I guess thats ok because pirates are sort of gay anyway.
>>
>>46851910
Are all 3 girls yanderes? Thanks for running. Now if only we can end threads before 5AM.

>>46851990
I shouldn't have contributed to Sam, I'm sorry. I refrained for Karen but I did for Sam because QM was cool with harems. Don't worry I got you guys when it comes to Clemmy or Red Siren.
>>
>>46851990

Wise man once said, "when she's wearing a skirt, she's a girl". There is literally nothing more straight and more classically heroic than the love between a manly warrior and his trap waifu.
Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.