[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wands & Staves thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: when the old toby hits you.jpg (31 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
when the old toby hits you.jpg
31 KB, 500x400
Post your magic wands and staves. Describe them in detail. What materials are they made from,? What focuses or cores give them power? Did you add any attachments? How do all these features interact?
>>
Bumpity
>>
>>46837176
there was this one staff i remember reading about in an old homebrew book, where it was made of extremely strong material and amplified magic, but was acting as the one pillar holding up a giant stone block in a dungeon room. i think it was grimtooth's traps or something like that
>>
>>46837176
Ah, I remember a thread like this a few years back. Alright, time for maximum edge:

My wand is made of perfectly smooth, black glass, blown from the sands of the Grand Desert of Hell. The fire used to shape the glass was directly fed by not one, but two of the six Elder Pyromancers of the South. The core of it is pure liquid poison taken from the glands of a giant Dawn Scorpion. It is said the specimen used was a young mother protecting her clutch of eggs.
>>
>>46837176
The Harry Potter wands had some pretty bitching designs, if I do say so myself
>>
My wizard doesn't currently have a staff because he basically lacks any and all non-magical combat ability.

He's going to buy one. And then he's going to take up pipe smoking for the 'medicinal benefits'. And he's going to grow his beard out.

He's evolving.
>>
>>46841358
This wand is well-suited to healing magic and small domestic charms.
>>
>>46841535
Don't know what you got that picture from but the original books simply described the wands as sharp sticks of wood with some core inside as far as I remember. None of that edgy and unique-looking shit.
>>
>>46842070
I like to think wands all start out simple and grow over time to reflect the magician.

I mean, who the fuck would buy their 11 year-old kid a wand with a skull on it?
>>
>>46842129
>who the fuck would buy their 11 year-old kid a wand with a skull on it?

An evil racist who tried to follow a wizard dictator and was part of the evil racist house at school.
>>
My sorceress uses a quarterstaff with a metallic dragon holding on a light blue orb on the head of the staff.
>>
>>46842308
Is the orb magical in any way? What is the significance of the dragon?
>>
>>46842308
Did she buy it from a tacky souvenir shop?
>>
>>46842367
The orb is her arcane focus and the dragon is significant because she's a draconic bloodline sorceress.
>>46842562
Possibly.
>>
File: 1449529103480.jpg (92 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1449529103480.jpg
92 KB, 500x385
>>
File: khakkhara.jpg (8 KB, 200x278) Image search: [Google]
khakkhara.jpg
8 KB, 200x278
I used to know what these rings were for, but now I don't.
>>
>>46843888
I've read that some buddhist staffs have jangly rings to alert the insects underfoot to get out of the way of the approaching monk. Sort of a "Well we can't actually not kill but we can at least make a token effort" kind of thing. Not sure how true this is.
>>
>>
File: 1421599711933.jpg (96 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
1421599711933.jpg
96 KB, 1200x600
>>
>>46841535
>"if I do say so myself"
>Not the original creator of the design being complimented.

Why do you hate language enough to add unnecessary phrases?
>>
>>46841358
>glass wand

Have fun accidentally breaking that shit, edgelord.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.