[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be the best system to run a game based on the Blame!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: BLAME-Header-001-20151119.jpg (78 KB, 680x400) Image search: [Google]
BLAME-Header-001-20151119.jpg
78 KB, 680x400
What would be the best system to run a game based on the Blame! manga?

For those not in the know the world is a massive cyberpunk automated factory nightmare populate with scattered groups of humans and hostile sentient AI monsters.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHoXnfpz-rk

It's got some good desolate atmosphere and I've always liked the 'Organic Mechanic' aesthetic it presents.

I guess something like Numenera could work but I'd like something more lethal, the world is very unforgiving.
>>
Eclipse Phase
>>
What would the focus of the game be
>>
>>46838981
This, if only because no other system handles ego/body dualism properly.
>>
>>46838981
This looks pretty good, but I'd likely dial back the tech level, Blame is honestly more industrial horror than VR hackers and shit. I mentioned Numemera because of the emphasis on tech artifacts and objects that are hard to come by. I like this rule set a lot more though, will probably adapt.

>>46839794

I was thinking the PCs would come from a small tribe that is settled near some kind of nutrient paste refinery that recently stopped producing, the elders are hoping that a Builder will return to the plant before they run out of food but they send the PCs on a mission to find a new habitable area or source of food, basically ripping off the plot to Fallout.

The emphasis would be on exploring the steel jungle and trying to stay alive while mapping out the farther regions.
>>
>>46836104
So the made a game of this called Blam! It's on 1d4chan.

Here it is https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Blam!
>>
>>46840739
Thanks for the find!
>>
File: 1461004481524.jpg (23 KB, 223x224) Image search: [Google]
1461004481524.jpg
23 KB, 223x224
The best way is to find a pen pal, and about once a month, you send them a letter.

Just a casual, short letter describing something interesting that happened to you recently, then you'd follow that up with a brief comment or reaction to what happened to your pal in their last letter, and then you would conclude your letter with a description of what you intend to do, such as "I want to travel 400kms in that direction."

A month or so later, you'd get a reply letter, which would have something interesting that happened to your pen pal, a reaction to what happened to you in your last letter, and it would end with "Okay. You found a lot of empty buildings. What do you want to do next?"
>>
>>46840777
Honestly I wouldn't be against scaling down the scale of the setting to avoid crap like this.
>>
>>46840777
Har Dee har har. What a kidder.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.