[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /tg/ I have a setting in a city sitting on the border of a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: Treetop.jpg (8 MB, 4932x3288) Image search: [Google]
Treetop.jpg
8 MB, 4932x3288
So /tg/ I have a setting in a city sitting on the border of a jungle and a marsh.
What are some of the encounters that I can roll up here?
>Giant Lizards
>Tigers
>Crocodiles
>Wil'o'wisps
>Swamp Hags (necromancers)
>>
slaads are always fun
>>
>>46835382
Sounds good, I'll look into that.
>>
>>46835365
weremud
>>
>>46835645
dire grass
>>
>>46835667
greater dire were acorn
>>
>>46835365
Treants with hobbits riding on their shoulders.
>>
snakes, giant insects, spiders, giant crabs.
>>
Seconding slaads. You can do fun shit with them, e.g. one is posing as a damsel in distress.

Will-o'-wisps luring the party to a more dangerous place.

Any kind of undead from an overgrown tomb.

Blights and awakened shrubs/trees.

Myconids, perhaps they're feeding off one of the awakened trees.
>>
Rednecks
>>
>>46835835
Redneck Elves that live underground because they cant stand the constant bitching of the awakened trees about woodpeckers, termites and the squirrels that keep trying to live in them.
>>
>>46835912
Living underground in wetland seems like a terrible idea, no?
>>
>>46835937
Maybe that's why they're extra cranky.
>>
>>46835960
>>46835937
>>46835912

They could have a "breath" weapon but it's just them spitting extra strong dip spit at the players. Deals extra gross damage.
>>
File: Tree Rape.jpg (29 KB, 410x304) Image search: [Google]
Tree Rape.jpg
29 KB, 410x304
>>46835937
The droning of sentient trees is so annoying, living in mud sounds like a better alternative to being in the forest to most people.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (200 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
200 KB, 800x900
>>46835365
Any of these may be aceptable
>>
>>46836029
Onwards to tumblr and social media feminist friends! It is time to stop the oppressing tree-iarchy and their rape pollen culture
>>
Jaguars, infected mosquitos, bullywugs, lizardmen, ELEPHANTS, Oklob plants spraying players with acid, snakes, SNAAAAKES, blink frogs, giant leeches, BEES, wasps, hornets (I shudder while I type), if you like to magical realm - half-naked jungle elves
Also, >>46836091
>>
>>46836091
fuck those were the golden days

instant nostalgia and regret upon reinstalling
>>
>>46836236
why do we remember shit games so fondly?
>>
>>46836339
a)they weren't shit
b)they were the best at the time we played them
c)nostalgia
d)all of the above
>>
>Giant Lizards
>Tigers
>Crocodiles
>Wil'o'wisps
>Venomous Snakes and Amphibians
>Monstrous Freshwater Fish
>Swamp Hags (necromancers)
>Sinkholes/Quicksand
>Poisonous/Giant/Carnivourous Insects and Arachnids
>Diseases, Parasites, Aggressive Fungus
>Poisonous plants/flowers/fruit that mimic the edible kind
>Carnivorous Plants, sentient or non sentient
>Incredibly persistent tribals, hunters, warriors, and shamans galore
>Cursed/Haunted sites and artifacts
>Criminals and small Bandit Camps
>Samp Demons
>Fae beings
>Not elves (unless elves are tribals), genuine, god-like fae folk.
>Ghosts, and lots of them
>Mad (and inexplicably powerful) hermits
>All of the above in perpetual conflict with each-other, but with an collective mistrust/hostility towards non-swamp folk.

How's that sound?
>>
>>46835365
Army ants.
>>
File: 43b.jpg (92 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
43b.jpg
92 KB, 800x800
>>46836189
Undead elephants
>>
>>46836611
And undead plague mosquitos. And zombie wasps. And murderous carps. Yes, CARPS. How could we forget about these beasts?
>>
>>46835365
Kobold guerillas

You also need to put on "It ain't me" by the fortunate sons whenever they go into the jungle
>>
>>46836852
But the jungle already has piranhas, tigerfish, and Siamese fighting fish.

You don't fuck with jungle fish. Especially when they're in a stream running around an awakened tree and have gained a level of intelligence.
>>
http://crawl.chaosforge.org/The_Swamp#Monsters
http://crawl.chaosforge.org/The_Lair#Monsters

Hope that helps
>>
Hedge witches, which are often described as informal, untrained wizardry beings in connection with nature, often with powers of seeing and cursing moreso that other direct intervention spells
>>
>>46836909
You could even make those fish that are supposed to swim up your urethra if you piss in the river real or at least run more in line with the urban legend.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.