[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDH/Commander General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
Long Live the Pimp edition

>RESOURCES

http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

CARD SEARCHING

http://gatherer.wizards.com/
>Official search site. Current for all sets.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
>>
What is the most disgustingly degenerate deck I can build

Something that will just facefuck everyone's soul and make them hate EDH forever
>>
>>46824175
Probably something land destruction oriented. But they won't hate EDH. They'll just hate you. There isn't a deck that will make a person hate the ruleset. Only the player.
>>
>>46824175
Edric Flying Men
Any sort of disgusting stax build
MLD.dec
Purphuros burn
etc
>>
Purphoros is my favorite Theros god
>>
>>46824175
Depends on how much you want to spend.
Derevi stax
Sharuum combo
5c hermit druid combo
etc.
>>
>>46824175

If you want everyone to hate you, personally...

Narset MLD
Johira Apocalypse
Sharuum Combo
5c Hermit Druid

If you want them to hate the spirit of EDH though, play Group Hug Prison. Help everyone make the biggest, stupidest plays, then counter reset buttons and fog combats until everyone just runs out of cards. Follow the Spirit of EDH to its natural conclusion and ensure no one loses, no one wins, and the game goes at LEAST three hours.
>>
Anyone do some dumb shit with Multani? Dude looks like a lot of fun.
>>
>>46824984
Wouldn't he die if anyone dropped a Wheel?
>>
>>46825022
No. Only Mindslicer would gib him.
>>
File: kalitastraitorofghet (1).jpg (42 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
kalitastraitorofghet (1).jpg
42 KB, 265x370
Alright guys so I'm looking to make a Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet Stax deck with a bit of a focus on zombie tribal and maybe some voltron stuff for Kalitas himself. Any suggestions or recommendations for this quick list I have done up so far?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dead-mans-party-2/
>>
>>46825022
Read up on state-based actions. SBA's only occur when a player passes priority, IIRC, so they won't check Multani's P/T until after the wheel resolves.
>>
>>46824869
what does MLD mean?
>>
>>46825447
Mass Land Destruction

Ruination, Armageddon, Imending Disaster, etc
>>
>>46825064
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dead-mans-party-2/
Off the top of my head, Falkenrath Noble and Zulaport Cutthroat.
I'm also a fan of Reckless Spite, but you may just prefer board wipes.
Personally I prefer Greed or Erebos as a backup Necropotence over Phyrexian Arena, but they're only better when you have mana to spare.
>>
Making geist of St Traft. Any advice?
>>
>>46824175
Zur doomsday, fully tuned prossh, Stax, imperial animar
>>
>>46826161
equipment, countermagic, lockdown pieces
>>
Just built a new Jhoira deck. Anyone have some advice for sweet and unexpected red/blue fatties to suspend for beats?
>>
>tfw have a new deck almost finished

Haven't made a deck in several months and I'm a brew fiend. I think I like building commander decks more than playing them sometimes
>>
File: EDHlist3.jpg (814 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
EDHlist3.jpg
814 KB, 3000x2000
>>46826161
here's mine, anon

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-03-16-spirit-tribal/

It's more spirit tribal though, not sure if that's you're thing.
>>
File: Spirit1.jpg (24 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Spirit1.jpg
24 KB, 375x523
>>46827574
I know that feel, anon. But learning how to make them better after completing them is just as fun!
>>
Ive been thinking about a B/R sacrifice, discardy, madness/hellbent deck, probably with Rakdos. There's lots of sweet hellbent enablers like one with nothing, sire of insanity, zombie infestation, etc. Problem is I can't find any good madness or hellbent cards, even with SOI. Can anyone think of anything that would make this deck work? I could still make a sacrifice deck with stuff like descent into madness but I think hellbent and madness are sweet and really flavorful to R/B. Obviously I would have to find a way around hellbent being shitty, like using the graveyard and tutoring
>>
>>46824175
Do what my ass hole roommate did. Make derivi with nothing but board wipes and counterspells.
Or play Zur. Or khalia. Or grand arbiter ass hole.
>>
>>46827274
Any big ass blue creature like stormtide leviathan
Primordials
Chancellors
Giant artifact creatures like bosh
Eldrazi
Titans
>>
Hey guys, I have a question.

I realized I don't have a jund deck, despite being my favorite colors. What legendary should I build? I want to "jund 'em out" as the kids say.

I have a bladewing deck, so converting to a Karrthus dragon tribal wouldn't be too hard, but I'm afraid of a ramping fatties deck will be too similar to my Mayael the Anima deck.

Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper seems like he could be cool, but I am afraid of the deck being too generic. I haven't seen any decklists that really jump out to me.

Shattergang bros appeals to the part of me that keeps trying to build Savra.

Prossh is too op and its boring, I've built it before.

Halp?
>>
>>46828347
Adun Oakenshield? That doesn't strike me as a common choice.
>>
Well /tg/ this happened tonight.
>playing Tasigur politics with a side of combo and goodstuff
>control boardstate with boardwipes and a few counterspells to help people that aren't doing much
>just want to refill hand with rhystic to keep people in check
>3 people out of 4 focus me because of one card for the three mana that drew me 2 cards
>get taken out super early because no board state
>the grixis control player combos out using Mizzix Mastery with a bunch of turns and board control
>5th fuckin time this has happened
>you'd think people would learn
>>
File: 1417038373915.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
1417038373915.gif
2 MB, 300x290
>>46824241
>Edric
>degenerate
>>
>>46828347
I just put together Kresh, and it seems to be shaping up rather nicely.
>>
>>46828562
You've clearly never played against a well tuned Edric deck.
>>
File: 1415282520272.gif (891 KB, 325x252) Image search: [Google]
1415282520272.gif
891 KB, 325x252
>>46829567
>a deck is good so that means it's degenerate
>>
>>46829674
Edric is comparable to Derevi and Sharuum.
>>
>>46828347

SekHuar ratpacolypse is the only answer.

Apostles are much more efficient, but fuck that go classic
>>
>>46829779
He's really not.
>>
Are there any other cards similar to sacred mesa and mobilization , cards that just make tokens for a flat rate , no tapping or other costs, in naya?
>>
>>46824175
Oloro pillowfort
>>
>>46828347
Kresh is what I'm working on right now. It's essentially the best of Shattergang Brothers, Sek'Kuar, and Prossh rolled into one without having the ridiculousness of Prossh.
>>
>>46829886
From beyond, awakening zone
>>
File: mannichi-the-fevered-dream.jpg (82 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
mannichi-the-fevered-dream.jpg
82 KB, 480x680
I'm back with some revisions of my terrible commander deck. I've done some more delving for cards that might be useful, is there anything on the maybeboard I should mainboard?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mannichi-edh-3/
>>
File: 173143.jpg (18 KB, 247x350) Image search: [Google]
173143.jpg
18 KB, 247x350
Hey guys, I am in charge of coming up with fun, new, competitive game modes, similar to planes-chase, for a commander league. I would like this communities input on what I have come up with so far, any kind of criticism would be greatly appreciated. Players would know 1-2 weeks in advance and building for the planes is encouraged.

Jund
http://pastebin.com/MDHVxt2n

Maelstrom
http://pastebin.com/PcaLaZDa

Spelling and grammar edits or fixations would be great, any way to make it read or understand better. Any kind of questions or comments would really help me out, and feel free to use this or a modified version of this for your playgroup if you want.
>>
File: AUUGH.png (116 KB, 540x399) Image search: [Google]
AUUGH.png
116 KB, 540x399
>>46829943
>>46829886
Shit, I misread what you wanted. Spawnsire of ulamog works like mobilization.

>>46830003
Don't say it's terrible! I'm sure that I'd like to play against a single mannichi deck over the hordes of prosh, oloro, and derevi decks so many people have with the same tired out combos.

Try to find an artifact that lowers creatures power to 0 so you can flip power/toughness at will to destroy it.

What is your primary wincon in this deck?

It seems a little all over the place as of right now
>>
Currently working on a Nazi/Fascist themed deck with Oros as the commander. Any ideas that would fit the theme? I'm having a tough time finding too many.
>>
>>46828524
>control player not understanding that stopping the things people like to use may make them angry at you.
Good job!
>>
>>46829886
Ant Queen
Mastery of the unseen kinda
Custodi Soulbinders kinda
>>
>>46830075
Finally, someone who appreciates some good old-fashioned jank at the table! But in all seriousness, he is nowhere near the most powerful commander to choose from, but I love him anyways.

Believe me, I've looked at every card in his color identity that can lower power and the best options are Belbe's Armor which is already on the list, and Bone Flute which is useless. What I wouldn't do for him to be Red Blue.

My win-con is to make creatures with power 2 or less unblockable and pump them to deal a ton of damage, Infect is a potential win-con because of that too.

Mechanically I'm using Mannichi as pillowfort tech so I can block better, and still attack fairly safely when I don't have a means to be unblockable out. Pump creatures power to deal big damage with first strike, then swap their P/T so they have a high toughness to take damage from non-first strikers. He also happens to be situationally useful to make creatures do a lot more damage for less. For example: Pump Ogre Menial's power by 1 then swap P/T with Mannichi makes it a 4/1 Infect for a net 3 mana, while pumping Ogre Menial 4 times to make it a 4/4 costs a net 4 mana.
>>
>>46829819
>>46829819
You're really wrong
>>
File: mad profit.gif (83 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
mad profit.gif
83 KB, 265x370
>>46830234
I like this, I can see it actually working out. If you need pillowfort, consider crawlspace, silent arbiter (he is a 1/5, maybe flipping that would be cool), glacial chasm.

You should totally give pyrohemia a shot, that deals with token decks in a jiffy.
If you need more card draw, try sin prodder, rummaging goblin, mad prophet, looters you know.
I always sneak bearer of the heavens in my red decks, It's a pet card.

But yeah, I'm all for jank at the table, it's so interesting to watch, rather than the top tier combo shit so many people netdeck.
>>
>>46830331
I already have Crawlspace, Silent Arbiter, Caverns of Despair, Forcefield, Rimescale Dragon, Mudslide, No Quarter, Smoke, and War's Toll on the mainboard. The other tech I'm considering for pillowfort is: Chaosphere, Glacial Crevasses, Gravity Sphere, and Grip of Chaos.

As for card draw, I'm running Tamiyo's Journal, Magnifying Glass, Skeleton Key, Staff of Nin, and for what it is worth Solemn Simulacrum counts too.

The problem I have with Pyrohemia is that a lot of my important creatures (Goblin Tunneler, Dwarven Warriors, Dwarven Nomad, Plague Myr, Razor Swine, and sometimes Mannichi, and Silent Arbiter) have 1 toughness and it ends up hurting me more than it hurts them.
>>
File: horobi-deaths-wail.jpg (83 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
horobi-deaths-wail.jpg
83 KB, 480x680
Aside from my WIP Mannichi, I have a few other really janky decks I've designed that I might as well share.

First up is Horobi, it makes it really hard for people to keep creatures on the board.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/horobi-death-by-stupid-edh/
>>
>>46830638
Looking over it, most of my jank happens to be from Kamigawa block. What a coincidence.

Second up is Chisei, it abuses the fact that a lot of stuff is tracked with counters.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/chisei-affordable-upkeep-edh/
>>
File: sekki-seasons-guide.jpg (76 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
sekki-seasons-guide.jpg
76 KB, 480x680
>>46830663
Then there is this next to useless Sekki deck.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sekki-masochistic-edh/
>>
File: patron-of-the-moon.jpg (74 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
patron-of-the-moon.jpg
74 KB, 480x680
>>46830675
And finally my pride and joy, Patron of the Moon.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/patron-of-the-moon-landfall-edh/
>>
File: chisei-heart-of-oceans.jpg (65 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
chisei-heart-of-oceans.jpg
65 KB, 480x680
>>46830663
Whoops, looks like I missed a picture.
>>
>>46830243
Thanks. Boy did that proof show me!
>>
File: grenzo_.png (1 MB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
grenzo_.png
1 MB, 750x1046
Any suggestion for this Grenzo combo list?
Some nice combo/card i missed?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/greedy-grenzos-moldy-basement/
>>
>>46830663
No mystic remora?
>>
>>46824175
Creature Hate Oloro. Make them suffer for every single creature ever.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oloro-the-lazy-dick/

It's some true bullshit. Obviously wildly expensive due to just a few cards, but those can be replaced or proxied.
>>
>>46831431
Neat, going to have to add that
>>
File: Image.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
So I've just taken the second step in commandering after having upgraded/changed my precon (turned Kalemne into Gisela, angel tribal) and started brewing a new deck.
I have been looking at Sharuum for the colours and I really enjoy the artifact/graveyard interractions.
My question is about all the hate she seems to be garnering. Will I become a target by default when we sit down for a game or is this only after some insane combo that is possible with her? In my current 140~€ deck that I've been testing I just recur/flicker neat ETB effects that gets me artifacts from the top of my library etc.

Is getting a Sharuum-deck just wasted money from all the hate I will get, no matter my build?
>>
File: 1449793817376.gif (2 MB, 303x277) Image search: [Google]
1449793817376.gif
2 MB, 303x277
>>46831515
>not just going balls-to-the-walls and building Sharuum as a sphinx tribal deck
>>
>>46831515
Her combos are easy enough to disrupt, and she's mana intensive in non-green, that she's not seen as degenerate. As long as you're not tutoring for the exact same shit (Sharuum Clones) every game, you won't get hated out. That said, we don't know your meta.
>>
File: ccXSLsj1_400x400.jpg (15 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
ccXSLsj1_400x400.jpg
15 KB, 400x400
>friend's gym buddy plays MTG
>wants to join our group
>starts talking mad shit about decks he hears about within our group
>friend asks what he plays
>Phenax and Memnarch
Memnarch I get, but getting through 100 cards for 3 or 4 other players is a bear, even with the */* toughness creatures
>>
File: 111.jpg (63 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
63 KB, 312x445
>playing last night
>cast rise of the dark realms
>friend starts whining about how it's incredibly broken
>wat.jpg
>>
So I wanna make a RUG deck out of all the cards I have lying around. I looks like it'll be creature heavy goodstuff with the usual stuff like tutors, green fatties, cyclonic rift/rite of replication, ramp etc.

What's a good commander to choose? Was thinking Animar or Surrak, but I don't really know.
>>
>>46833231
I would do Animar with Surrak in the 99
>>
>>46833182
I don't think it's broken but I do hate that card. I love cards like Living Death and Twilight's Call but they have a bit of risk to them if you're playing against another graveyard based deck. RotDR is just a lazy "I pay 9 mana and win the game" card.
>>
>>46833294

Except just reanimating all graveyards doesn't auto-win. It's entirely dependent on the contents of said graveyards. Reanimating a bunch of random dudes without a clear win condition or lock-out among them just gets swept up by a board wipe.
>>
>>46833182
It's entirely their fault for not having graveyard removal vs a black deck
>>
File: 30622.png (156 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
30622.png
156 KB, 265x370
i have a question regarding westvale abbey, can i play it in jund commander or am i not allowed because the token it spawns is white/black ?
>>
>>46834105
You can play Westvale in Jund
>>
>>46834164
Thanks for the answer, going to run it in a prossh commander deck for more token usage.
>>
>tfw found a Burgeoning for half the price along with some stuff for my Yisan

Feels good.
>>
>>46829886
No one mentions Luminarch Ascension? WTF
>>
>>46824175
Build Narset and throw in as much as land destruction as you can. Also be sure to have shit to copy instants and sorceries. Then add extra turns and extra combat steps.

Narset is my go to deck when I just want to win or make people as salty as possible.
>>
>>46834105
Yeah you can play it in jund, its colour identity is black
>>
>>46831681
my nigga
>>
Why are mana dorks that can produce all colors of man's not 5 color cards, but mana dorks, like Noble Hierarch are 3 color cards?

I mean I understand that Birds doesn't have the mana symbols in it, but it may as well, right?
>>
>>46835040
No, since Birds is a perfect example of a well designed Green card.
No, because that's not how color identity works.
No, because that would severely limit deckbuilding.
>>
Anyone at PAX East right now? I got Godo and mono-B Sidisi with me
>>
>>46833182
>9 mana sorcery
>incredibly broken
>>
>>46831681
Would building a sharuum artifact life deck be fun? How would it do? (Im talking sydri, rise of the machines, lots of mana rocks and solid artifacts, ensoul artifact, karn silver golem, etc)

What do you think?
>>
>>46834208
Westvale Abby's only color is black. Lands don't have a color identity, so I'm not sure where you're getting white from.
>>
>>46837325
Likely from the token it produces

Which doesn't matter
>>
>>46833182
Card doesn't even give haste. Your friends suck.
>>
>>46828562
>>46829674
Its consistency is what makes it degenerate. It doesn't do anything particularly bad, but it produces a great deal of card advantage early, which is something a lot of decks struggle with in EDH. He also has the potential to kill a table VERY early in a game.

The fact that it's good doesn't propel it to degeneracy; the fact that it's so remarkably consistent at being good does.

That being said, they're plenty of ways to interact with the deck or hate it off the table.
>>
>>46837325
>>46837350
It was the part about white on the token that made me worried about if it could be played, but since it doesn´t matter what colour the tokens are it will fit just nice in the deck.
>>
>>46838341
Tokens like that are fine because they don't have any mana symbols
>>
Post your decks and have anons rate them
>>
rate my Olivia deck I threw together earlier today
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-04-16-assemble-the-legion/
>>
File: eB8xd90.jpg (39 KB, 575x243) Image search: [Google]
eB8xd90.jpg
39 KB, 575x243
what hind of deck would you classify this at?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shirei-you-later/#_=_
>>
>>46839477
>Medallion
i'm not a fan of them
>35 lands and ~3 mana rocks
isn't that a bit low for a curve around 4-5?
there is also only one removal for artifacts and none for enchantments(besides wiper), is combo relevant in your meta? then i would put in more removal.
looks like an interesting deck, would play against/10
>>
File: 1450040979158.jpg (6 KB, 249x250) Image search: [Google]
1450040979158.jpg
6 KB, 249x250
>>46833182
I will never understand why people bitch so hard about reanimator. The strategy as a whole is embarrassingly easy to shut down. Just exile their graveyard, or exile in general and you stop the win condition.

I mean for fucks sake, exiling a whole graveyard can be done by even a non basic land and a 0 drop uncommon artifact.
>>
>>46840130
>just stop what they're doing XD

You realise how retarded you sound, right?
>>
>>46838402
That's not the exact reason; tokens have color identity, but the card that produces the tokens doesn't count the tokens' color identity into its own, because color identity for the most part doesn't care about the text of the card, only about mana symbols and any indicators of a card's color, like on flip cards or the pacts. This is why Westvale Abbey has a black color identity, whereas Sword of Feast and Famine has a colorless color identity (even though it mentions black and green).
>>
>>46840391
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&text=+[exile]+[graveyard]+[all]+[cards]
>>
>>46840130
Tormod's Crypt is still pretty shitty though. It does nothing to advance your own gameplan, you're just keeping a silver bullet in your deck over a card that advances for gameplan for the situations that you need to exile a yard. Plus good reanimator decks and players tend to not overextended, getting out a threat early and when/if it's dealt with, quickly refilling their yard to do it again.

Bog is at least in the color with the most tutors and doesn't take up a lot. Most good graveyard hate is stapled on a card that does more. Angel of Finality gives you a 3/4 flier, Bog gives you a land, Rest in Peace is at least a permanent effect.

As someone who plays against a guy in my group who does A LOT of reanimator decks, there's definitely ways around it, but sometimes they get the nuts and turn 2 Iona on your colors. Shit happens. Still it feels like reanimator is generally weaker to ramp and you're doing the same things: cheating out big threats early on. At least ramp gives you the possibility to constantly pump out threats.
>>
>>46839823
>35 lands and ~3 mana rocks
>isn't that a bit low for a curve around 4-5?
I realized that too after posting and I'll be adding a Hedron Archive and a Gilded Lotus.
>is combo relevant in your meta?
yeah there is one combo player who I regularly play against, but the plan is to just be faster than the combo player which is not quite the case yet. I plan to add Purphoros and maybe one or two token makers like Call hte Bloodline.
>>
>>46840130
The issue is that it is something that has to be entirely dedicated to that, that you are not guaranteed to get in one game.

Honestly anything can be ridiculously easy to shut down, you just need a single counterspell at the exact correct time.
>>
File: photo-51.jpg (28 KB, 235x214) Image search: [Google]
photo-51.jpg
28 KB, 235x214
>>46840391
>>46840525
>A deck that requires me to run answers is unhealthy!
>I don't care if there's a lot of counterplay, I shouldn't have to use any of it!

Didn't realize /tg/ was full of casuals. Guess you don't understand the concept of sideboard?
>>
>>46824175
Pheldagriff group hug with no win condition
>>
>>46840834
Edh is the epitome of casual you pretentious moron
>>
>>46825064
If you want to do voltron stuff with Kalitas, I highly recommend Zombie Trailblazer to make him unblockable. Otherwise your deck looks pretty solid.
>>
>>46839102
Aboshan tap down, kraj build-a-monster, Thromok group slug, sheoldred value town and Arjun 99 card hand.

Would you play with me?
>>
File: 1431137027048.jpg (43 KB, 514x601) Image search: [Google]
1431137027048.jpg
43 KB, 514x601
>>46841133
That doesn't change my point moron. Someone else even went through the trouble of linking to that list of all grave hate cards, and there's a lot of them.

If a deck has readily available counterplay, then it's not that strong. If you don't want to run answers, then tough shit I guess.

If your decks don't have answers in general, then they're probably shit too. This isn't fucking brain surgery.
>>
>>46841668
I don't even know what you're being so aggressive about. You just seem to be arguing with yourself
>>
>>46827613
For Avacyn, blink her and never stop. Every time you blink, she turns back into her less-crazy version. You can use this to spam the fuck out of her abilities.
>>
>>46841834
Yeah I realize I could do that, but an anon made a point earlier that there are much better RW commanders than her, and I have to agree. I'll be updating that image again soon.
>>
>>46833231

Animar is better than Surrak in the command zone, pro black/white makes him decently resilient and more likely to stick, in addition to being less mana and also having an ability that is better when it comes out early and grows from there, which is good for a commander

Surrak is cool in the 99 of Animar though
>>
>>46833331

Yeah I think insurrection is more likely to result in an immediate win due to giving everything haste compared to rise of the dark realms
>>
>>46830974

You're the one arguing against statistical fact, Edric is one of the most broken commanders if tournament results are the metric
>>
>>46842094
He's also one of the top tier commanders for competitive play, if the competitive EDH reddit tier is worth anything
>>
>>46841951
I donno... Angel tribal?
>>
>>46843394
Nah, not interested in an Angel Tribal really. Thanks for the suggestion though.
>>
File: 1320791945820.jpg (39 KB, 441x408) Image search: [Google]
1320791945820.jpg
39 KB, 441x408
>>46842094
>tournament results
>>46843392
>competitive EDH
>>
>>46844060
>people have fun doing things I don't like
okay
>>
>>46830003
Oh boy, where to start.
This list is a complete mess, the cards I would keep are:
Caged Sun, Extraplanar Lens, Gauntlet of Might, Gauntlet of Power, Journeyer's Kite, Sol Ring, Staff of Nin, Shattering Pulse, Koth of the Hammer, Burnished Hart, Dwarven Nomad, Dwarven Warriors, Goblin Tunneler ,Granite Gargoyle, Silent Arbiter, Solemn Simulacrum, Break Through the Line, No Quarter, Rage Reflection, War's Toll, All Is Dust, Chain Reaction, Whispersilk Cloak
Add in:
Worn Powerstone, Mind Stone, Everflowing Chalice, Fire Diamond, Meekstone, Accorder's Shield, Endoskeleton, Slagwurm Armor, Wild Guess, Tormenting Voice, Skullclamp, Berserkers' Onslaught, Anger, Magus of the Moon, Gratuitous Violence, Spidersilk Net, Blasphemous Act, Vandalblast, Chaos Warp, Vanguard's Shield, Kite Shield, Mask of Avacyn, Swiftfoot Boots, Lightning Greaves, Gamble, Squee Goblin Nabob, Ensouled Scimitar

Don't go for chaos, chaos sucks. Keep effects that benefit you and only you (I would consider cutting Gauntlet of Power and Gauntlet of Might for this reason)
I'll make a list of what I would run (ideally, you can cut curds for budget if that's an issue)
>>
>>46837106
If you want lifegain artifacts just run Sydri as you commander instead.
>>
Daily reminder that if you play UGx you are an autistic fuck who doesn't understand EDH and isn't allowed to post here anymore.
>>
File: Alhammet.jpg (63 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Alhammet.jpg
63 KB, 312x445
Do you think this card is too dumb for Reki, History of Kamigawa?

The only lifegain I have is Scooze and Bounteous Kirin, but lots of card draw.
>>
Someone give me some shitty jank to run in Gitrog
>>
>>46827613
I think you like going wide just enough
>>
>>46844982
>>46830003
Made the list
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mannichi-the-fevered-dream-1/
>>
I'm having trouble figuring out how I should be running Ayli. I'm certain I need more things with ways gain life but I am fucking dogshit at deck building
>>
File: 1429422139326.gif (904 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
1429422139326.gif
904 KB, 500x532
>>46845332
I-I don't know what that means
>>
>>46845303
Zuran orb + crucie of worlds, eternal witness + summerbloom + temur sabertooth + amulet of vigor + golgari rotfarm/some global enchant that makes a land tap for additional mana + manasink for victory
>>
>>46845303
Here is some in block jank: Groundskeeper (reprint) and Stoic Builder. I always liked Tiling Treefolk.

Also, some monoblack grind cards could be fun, since they cantrip. I run Balustrade Spy in Sidisi, because I love jank.

Betrayal of Flesh is instant speed reanimation. And you know, removal that cantrips.
>>
>>46824175
My creatureless oloro stax deck has actually made multiple people quit edh forever. It's getting to the point that I am going to have to retire the deck or seriously tone it down or I'm going to get my ass kicked.
>>
File: 105007.jpg (22 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
105007.jpg
22 KB, 200x285
Is this guy worth reanimating?
>>
>>46845300
Can your deck cast a big artifact that does nothing the turn it gets played and not get punished?
If so, run it. If not, it's proabbly too greedy.
But this is EDH, you can probably go greedy since most players are shitters
>>
>>46845382
Nah, you really want to focus on token generation, soul sisters effects, and abusing sac cards
The new w/b flip dude is exactly what tour deck needs to look like
>>
File: dorf.jpg (20 KB, 240x342) Image search: [Google]
dorf.jpg
20 KB, 240x342
>>46830003
While I appreciate that you are using ballin ass dwarves, you forgot the best one
>>
What are some solid monogreen utility cards? Mostly looking for decent removal.

Running Beast Within, Krosan Grip, Oblivion Stone, Acidic Slime, Disk, Night Soil, Bane of Progress, Duplicant, Scooze.

I have a few extra slots.
>>
>>46845425
Well, it hopefully at least cantrips being legendary.

Honestly though, I usually have a full grip (haha, shitters don't kill Reki) and I only run one reliquary tower.

It does seem pretty god damn greedy though. Man, I wish there were more monogreen legends with decent lifegain (like, in addition to their normal effect). Then I think I'd be more willing to slam that shit in.
>>
>>46828347
I doubt you are still around but build Bartel Runeaxe. Just make it jund value good stuff. Your commander will be such a non entity people will leave you alone while you build the value based rape train jund is known for.
>>
>>46845438
No point running this, Mannichi already does his effect.
Remember, commander isn't about slamming everything that does what your commander does.
Not every single sliver ever printed, not every single shitty merfolk, not every single goblin, not every single infect guy, and not every single switch power/toughness effect
>>
>>46843411
I have an angel tribal deck that dosent have a single non angel in it. I coudnt even put the new avacyn in since she can never transform.
>>
>>46845410
>grind
The deck is looking like it might be 50+ lands.
You need to understand, I'm going DEEP JANK. I am talking Lake of the Dead jank. Gargoyle Castle jank. Glacial chasm. Hickory Woodlot. Gods' Eye.
Lodestone Bauble. Worm Harvest.
This is going FULL JANK.
>>
>>46845410
>Lake of the Dead
>>>>>>jank
you wot m8
>>
>>46845400
it means that every single deck you posted is essentially going to shit out a billion tokens and floor the board
>>
>>46845538
apologies, for some reason i thought it had sorcerer queen's effect. My bad
>>
>>46845303
Titania, Protector of Argoth
Crucible of Worlds + Strip Mine
Life From the Loam (Also helps the Strip Mine)
Dust Bowl
Ghost Quarter
Basically anything that doubles as a Strip Mine/Wasteland
Terramorphic Expanse, Evolving Wilds, and Jund Panorama
Wood Elemental

>>46845424
Can't Even is a great toy. 4 and 6 are super relevant to lock off since that kills a LOT of sweepers. There are better reanimation targets, but if you're mass reanimating or reanimating repeatedly sure, throw it in

>>46845443
Desert Twister, Seasons Past?
>>
>>46830003
And here I thought I was the only one dumb enough to try this.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mannichi-4/
>>
>>46845621
Ah yeah you're right, my only decks that aren't really token heavy are Geist and Athreos. I'm hoping to change that with Oona and whatever else I make though. Tokens are pretty fun.
>>
>>46845650
>Ghost Quarter
That one is interesting because it draws you two cards and gives you a land if you strip yourself.
Which is, in the strictest sense, card advantage.

Also, why the SHIT is burgeoning so expensive. I thought Exploration would be the costly one.
>>
>>46845571
Even if she never transforms she is a fine card. A flying vigi beatstick that blanks removal or a boardwipe for 5 is very worthwhile.
>>
>>46845645
np famalam, I actually didn't know about Sorceress Queen until now, shame she isn't a leggo.
>>46845654
gonna link you back to my version, I think it is the optimal if you want a 'good' mannichi deck. Though it is edh, so run whatever jank you want. I just like making semi-functional decks nowadays.
>>46845380
>>
File: 1431334711291.jpg (136 KB, 1024x940) Image search: [Google]
1431334711291.jpg
136 KB, 1024x940
>>46845710

Exploration has been reprinted, Burgeoning has not.
>>
>>46845585
>>46845600
He does have a point about Lake of the Dead.

Anyway, here's some garbage:

Ambush Commander
Arcane Spyglass
Literally all of Prophecy
Tainted Aether
Simian Brawler
Dampening Engine
Greater Harvester
>>
>>46845424
I can't count how many of these guys I've lost to Pongify, Rapid Hybridization, StP, etc... but I keep playing him because of the amount of groans he elicits from everyone when he hits the field.

Like another anon says, he shuts down more than a few sweepers, so he's worth having just for thatn imho
>>
>>46845650
I really do want to run Season's Past. I'm currently running a lot of Regrowth effects though. I probably will find a bit of space for it, shit's amazing.

Regrowth
Praetor's Counsel
Restock
Creeping Renaissance

Desert Twister is sadly a good idea. Though, I don't run a whole lot of ramp (I know, monogreen deck, what am I thinking, blah blah blah).
>>
>>46845380
>>46845735
You are running some pretty satisfying jank though. Fucking Kite Shield. I am honestly surprised how much our lists coincide.

Oh Mannichi, I love that card so much.
>>
>>46845861
I've been wanting to run Mannichi for a while now, just never sat down to make a proper list. Gonna build him after Selenia, which I've finally settle down on to build (after brewing Stangg, Grimgrin, 5C superfriends, Stangg again).
Only problem is that I already have mono R in Daretti. This should be quite a different deck to play though.
>>
File: Commanders.png (3 MB, 1712x1014) Image search: [Google]
Commanders.png
3 MB, 1712x1014
>>46845933
Right now, I want to focus on fixing (as well as getting the cards) for 9? of my decks. I have a billion lists other than those 9 and I am pretty much satisfied with the way about 6 of them are right now, but those last bunch I need to clean up.
>>
File: Image.jpg (37 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
37 KB, 223x310
Just got done which a 7 hour play session with a couple of guys and the owner of the local MTG store. And i did not get banned from the store. Yay.

Also any advice on building around Reaper King?

Is going full scarecrow artifact better or should i go with more of a changeling deck?

How was your day?
>>
>>46846158
The common build is changeling or clone Reaper King a billion times.

I personally like scarecrow, especially since you got some new ones, but there are very very very few good scarescrows.
>>
>>46846214
Scarecrone alone though makes it really tempting. Though the changelings still work just as well, there are almost as few good changelings as good scarecrows.
>>
>>46840391
>I just wanna play my deck the way I wanna play!
>it's not fair that my opponents get to do stuff
>every opponent for any LD, lifegain, mill, token, reanimator, tribal, steal spell deck ever
>foxes only
>no equipment
>final destination
>turning creatures sideways only

Hm. maybe Git Gud? If you deck has literally 0 answers for the most disruptable stuff in the game, it's like not running a disenchant, naturalize, terror, shatter or bounce. If you can't build a deck to stop your opponent, don't whine when your turn shit sideways strategy isn't 100% awesome.
>>
>>46846158
>And i did not get banned from the store. Yay.
Were you gonna get banned? If so storytime.

As for Reaper King only add in the good scarecrows. The good scarecrows (aside from Reaper King) are:
Scarecrone, Scarecrow (fantastic art, not really very good), Scuttlemutt. That's it.
Only run changelings that are good on their own:
Mirror Entity, Shapesharer, Taurean Mauler (not brilliant). Not much either.
So you're gonna be forced to run clones. You can add in Conspiracy and Xenograft if you really want more 'Scarecrows', but these cards don't do anything on their own.
Just have enough fixing, goodstuff, and maybe a subtheme.
And never forgetti Rite of Replication for RIP 25 permanents.
>>
>>46846460
I like Heap Doll. It is graveyard hate and can be gotten back with Auriok Scavengers.

Unrelated, but I wanted to mention it.
>>
File: 9676271.jpg (15 KB, 319x259) Image search: [Google]
9676271.jpg
15 KB, 319x259
>>46846460
It's pretty much a joke everyone does towards the new guy when they play with the store owner for the first time. Like if you piss him off when playing with him he will ban you over a game.

Yeah Rite of Replication is a must. Being able to destroy up to 25 permanents with one creature and one spell is too good. Was thinking about putting in Mirror Hall and Darksteel Forge just for fun. Not trying to make a competitive deck.
>>
>>46846441
My problem with reanimator (and this is a problem I have with a lot of linear decks) is that the silver bullets feel super mean. And a lot of graveyard hate shuts down perfectly fair MTG effects.
>>
>>46846628
A good reanimator deck laughs at graveyard hate(so don't feel bad if you remove their yard, just like you shouldn't feel bad for armageddoning the guy who vomits all 30 lands on the board, or wrathing the tokens guy).

Playing Karador I once got my yard wiped three turns in a row(one bojuka bog, then two loaning shaman activations) and I still managed to combo off and kill everyone else at the table.
>>
>>46846588
It won't be competitive, but it can still be fun and good. Mirror Gallery (I'm assuming you ment that) has never, ever worked out when I've played with it. It's a bit of a shame.
That being said Darksteel Forge is pretty good if you have Dagsson/Welder/Daretti to cheat it into play with.
You could do some kind of subtheme of janky artifact creatures, but remember to have at least some kind of functioning core.
>>46846581
Feel free to run that, don't forget Sun Titan
>>
>>46846704
See, that's another issue. Graveyard hate can really fuck a fair deck, but the decks who you NEED to fuck over, they shrug.

I run Bane of Progress in all of my green decks and the amount of games I've ruined for very casual artifacts decks is probably higher than the amount of games where I've saved the table from a combo.

I mean, it'll teach them for making their deck out of butter (I've basically given up on 100% artifact, enchantment, graveyard decks). But it just isn't fun.
>>
>>46846706
Yeah i could easily fill the deck with useful myr and golem cards. That way the deck goes full circle with it's artifact buffing. Could might as well throw in some metal craft also.
>>
>>46846907
Myr Tribal subtheme with Jor Kadeen as well?
Add in the playable scarecrows and changeling (the ones I mentioned) and we're onto something.
>>
>>46846460
>Scarecrow (fantastic art, not really very good)

Agreed that it's kinda janky but while its ability is super expensive it can hilariously hate out some strategies. Ever stick Scarecrow against Karrathus? It's funny as hell.
>>
>>46840834
>side boarding in EDH
If you run sideboards in EDH you're playing the wrong format.
>>
>>46846968
I'm tempted to pick up a Scarecrow just for the art. And a repeatable semi-fog is ok I suppose.
>>
>>46846802
Well that is the problem with building "fair" decks in edh. The formats very nature lends itself to being unfair. If you aren't trying to exploit every avenue possible to attain victory then you are going to have a terrible time(at least in my meta).

Also and this is going to be semantics but fair means different things to different people. I've long since given up on arguing the distinction because even when I build decks that in my opinion are fair(no extra turns or infinite combos and no cheap cards(sorin markhov make you life 10) people still bitch me out because my deck is better than theirs or its just too consistent.
>>
>>46845428
Any notable suggestions?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ayli-commander-4/
>>
>>46847036
>(at least in my meta).
I think this is the key. Since EDH is a primarily non-competitive format (in that there are no sanctioned tournaments, at least), metas vary wildly from what you describe, to a mixed level where the top end of fair decks play, to the shit store of bonus bans that gets reposted every other thread.
>>
>>46846931
Any advice on lands that can combo with this?

Like i've added some cards that are not colorless but this deck is obviously is gonna have mostly colorless.
>>
>>46847036
Fortunately, my meta is pretty lax. I've actually succeeded in finding people who see pretty eye-to-eye with me when it comes to this sort of thing.

And I totally get how arbitrary "fair" is as a word. I've sat grumbling against Karador decks before, even though all they are doing is recurring dudes (and you even have to pay the cost again).

But there is something to it. Even if it may be arbitrary. Most people notice how some cards make people feel and adjust accordingly. I know I do.

I wish people didn't stereotype my ideology as being all about turning dudes sideways. There's a lot of fair cards that aren't based on creatures. Cloven Casting is one of my favorite cards of all time, for example.
>>
>>46847202
Here are some obvious ones:

http://magiccards.info/query?q=o%3Aartifact+t%3Aland&v=card&s=cname
>>
>>46847093
Vivid in 2c is HORRIBLE. Replace that with the gainland or just a simple tapland. I personally would put some jank shit like sacred Mesa or whatever that enchantment was that makes the 0/1 thrulls is.
Just Ayli fodder.
>>
So what are you guys doing tonight, I'm playtesting 2 of my decks against each other in preparation for EDH night tomorrow. Just finished a Slobad deck, which I chose because Daretti is too degenerate for my group and it ended up pulling out through a capsize lock.
>Melek deck starts capsizing lands with buyback t5
>Have Slobad on the field
>Resolve a Worn Powerstone
>If I Capsize it I can sac it to Slobad to fizzle Capsize and end buyback spam
>Next turn cast Mycosynth Lattice
>Melek deck hass to Pact it or they can only Capsize one more thing (every permanent can sac to fizzle it)
>Buy another turn from paying for pact and Spine of Ish Sah their second Island
>Sac Spine to Slobad
>Proceed to blow up lands and win.
Geez, it feels bad telling a story about how I played with myself. Thought it was a nice trick though and I didn't expect Slobad to pull through.
>>
>>46847331
He's very good.
>>
>>46847232
Ok i've added some cards i think would fit in well.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/reaper-king-fun/

Still needs about 33 cards to complete it where 17 is lands.
>>
>>46847482
Oh man, this is casual as fuck, you're running Razorfield Rhino in a format with Wurmcoil Engine. Respect.

Uh... anyway, here are cards I like, Tempered Steel, Chief of the Foundry, Thopter Spy Network.
>>
>>46847482
Quick question, are you actually gonna build this IRL?
Cut:
Vedalken Certarch, Frogmite, Thoughtcast, Rusted Relic, Assert Authority, Galvanic Blast, Myr Enforcer,
We want janky, but still good.
Add:
Blade of Selves, Myr Galvanizer, Myr Matrix, Myr Incubator (if you're feeling really ballsy), Myr Propagator, Unwinding Clock, Trinket Mage, Myr Resevoir, Myr Retriever, Myr Turbine, Myr Welder, Myr Smith, Shrine of Loyal Legions, the artifact lands, Birds of Paradise, Noble Hierarch, Deathrite Shaman, Mox Diamond, Clock of Omens, Sharuum, Auriok Salvagers

I wouldn't run Blinkmoth Infusion unless there's something really sweet to do with untapping all your artifacts.
Add what >>46847565 said

There's more I could suggest but I'll check your list out later when you've made more revisions.
>>
File: 404_0.jpg (27 KB, 313x337) Image search: [Google]
404_0.jpg
27 KB, 313x337
So, earlier in this thread, there seemed to be a heated (if not juvenile) debate about Edric.

I've been tossing around the possibility of an Edric or Ezuri deck for a while now. Now I know Edric has a reputation, but based on my tests, it seems like the damage output is low. Cheap evasion draws a lot of cards and stuff like Beastmaster Ascention and Biomass Mutation can beef up the evasive dudes, but it doesn't seem nearly enough for a 5-player game. Especially considering board wipes come every-other turn at my table. I wonder: is the reason Edric is considered cheesy because people run infect? I'm not interested in that as we generally have a mutual agreement at my table that it should be 21 (commander damage equivalent) for the format.

I feel like even aside from infect shenanigans, Ezuri is better simply because (and this is the main reason I'm afraid to run him) Edric's ability allows my opponents to draw cards/answers as well, should they hit each-other. They aren't dumb, so they know that pinging each-other for extra cards is a great way to get take advantage of then dispose of the manipulative elf on the board.
>>
>>46847818
Well i have a lot of the cards in that list. But i will obviously buy a lot of it as well so i want to keep it as budget as possible. Like i don't want to spend more than 250 dollars on one deck.
>>
>>46847865
Do you have a workshop? I'm guessing you do since you included it. And if you already own a bunch of cards for the deck it probably won't even be $50
>>
>>46847865
I getcha. Some of those cards we mentioned are pretty cheap, so look into it, but don't break the bank, obviously.
>>
File: 1461120090074.png (65 KB, 253x253) Image search: [Google]
1461120090074.png
65 KB, 253x253
>>46846969
How?
>>
>>46847839

From what I've seen of Edric in a 4 player game he just kind of plays multiple evasive dudes + Edric and then draws into his time walk effects with counterspell backup and chains them until people die.

He's really innocuous unless you've played against him before and know that he can be a huge pain in the ass.

There's also a reason he's banned in French.
>>
This looks good to me.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/reaper-king-fun/

>>46847903
Not a big one but yeah.

>>46847922
Yeah won't go that heavily on my wallet. But will probably wait until i get my money this month before buying.
>>
>>46848119

Well, I certainly can understand the French thing, like I said: he feels like he'd have trouble with multiplayer though(?). I'm thinking about building Ezuri much as I would an Edric, using tiny evasive dudes, but using draw engines like Coastal Piracy that won't allow my opponents to draw. Is that sound?
>>
>>46848066
EDH does not include rules for having a sideboard. If you're playing with sideboards, it's a houserule.
>>
Anyone have good Mirror of Fate combos? Specifically, I'm looking for a self-exiling spell that can recur the artifact so that I get to stack 7 out of my whole library or survive plans being disrupted so long as the mirror hits the gy
>>
File: 1415596985126.gif (439 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1415596985126.gif
439 KB, 640x360
>>46848291
whoa, ok, sorry for flaring your autism
>>
Woo boy, I leave for a bit and everyone starts jumping on the Mannichi train I started.

>>46844982
While I like your style I only agree with half of that list.
The mana fixing, protective equipment, greifing tech, and removal options are all things that I will look over more intensively and see where I can slot them in. However:
-Most of the toughness boosting equipment you suggested are pretty jank and not worth running, Belbe's Armor, Captive Flame and Ghitu War Cry just do a better job for my purposes.
-Wild Guess and Tormenting Voice just don't provide enough value for me to waste a slot on them.
-I don't know what gave you the idea I was trying to run chaos, but the only card on my list that could count for that is Grip of Chaos which I am using to dissuade point removal and is only on the maybe board anyways.

>>46845380
-You are looking a bit short on creatures there and you don't have many alternate defensive options other than wiping the board.
-Daretti is a powerful planeswalker, if there are the artifacts to support him. He does next to nothing in that list.
-You don't really have all that many removal options other than wiping the board. Consider Karn Liberated, Aftershock, Scour from Existence, Predator Flagship, Belbe's Armor, Flowstone Overseer, Steel Hellkite, and Skred.

>>46845438
What >>46845538 said.

>>46845654
Never underestimate how many stupid and/or crazy people there are out there.

>>46845933
Good luck, it is always fun to see people trying new commanders.
>>
>>46848356
Ill-gotten Gains, Treasured Find, Restock, Vengeful Rebirth, Woodland Guidance.
>>
Anyway, I finished cleaning up Reki. Fuck, I was supposed to fix like 5 decks today. It is still pretty fucking janky, but it is theme.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-03-16-reki/

Anyway, I am thinking of cutting the Honden. Probably adding Season's Past or whatever you suggest.
>>
>>46848396
Yea, the equipment is very jank, but I want to run a little bit of jank as opposed to the fine-tuned lists I normally run.
I also didn't mean to imply you were running chaos, just stated it because EDHrec is shit and most decks for Mannihi are chaos, apparently.
I misread belbe's armor, I thought it gave +x/+x. I don't really want to spend too much mana on firebreathing though.

>>46848499
Oh boy, way too few lands, that deck wants at least 37. Cut the honden and the kaldra artifacts. They've always proved too slow (at least for me)
>>
File: 1419886557016.gif (1 MB, 301x250) Image search: [Google]
1419886557016.gif
1 MB, 301x250
>>46848378
>accusing others of autism
>posts smug animu waifu pictures
Oh the ironing
>>
>>46848644
like a shirt or something?
>>
>>46848602
Man, there are so few noncreature legends that I feel a strong compulsion to force them. I'll admit, I've yet to summon Kaldra.

But that's fair. To be honest, I haven't been having mana issues. I'm a 1-land-per-turn sort of guy and Reki usually stays on the field long enough that I have a full grip.

I am running two cmc-8 spells though, which, ugggh.

But yeah, that's pretty even-handed of you. If I cut Kaldra, I have a fuckton of space for more utility or hell, even theme (some fight or spirits or more trash legends).

Today, all I cut was Momentous Fall (weird, right? I do not have card issues with this deck) and Molimo, because FUCK Molimo, 7 mana bullshit fucking useless guy.
>>
>>46848602
As the other other mannichi guy, Belbe's armor is also repeatable removal with Mannichi. Mana intensive, but good in terms of theme.
>>
>>46848602
Firebreathing effects that can pump anything like Ghitu War Cry, Captive Flame, and Moonveil Dragon allow you to have a lot more flexibility with combat tricks and in general can get things a lot bigger than the equipment you suggested. But they require you to have a bunch of mana at any given time, which is one of the reasons that I'm including Caged Sun, Extraplanar Lens, Gauntlet of Might, Gauntlet of Power, and Mana Flare all in the same deck.

I would also recommend Tamiyo's Journal and Magnifying Glass for some consistent (albeit mana intensive) extra card draw and tutoring that doesn't attract too much agro because of how janky it is.
>>
>>46848731
Yea, I added it to my list. Thankfully the list isn't very expensive (without all the expensive generally good stuff like Gauntlet of Power, Wasteland, Dust bowl)
>>
>>46847381
It certainly appears so, though I wonder if it's just that mono-R artifacts are powerful and not slobad himself. Do you think it may be worth jamming Furnace Celebration in there? I sac to Slobad, Scrap Mastery and All is Dust in particular and then there's stuff like Mind Stone. Could also lead to an explosive finisher with KCI generating mana to feed it and sac triggers.
>>
>>46849091
No, but I want you to anyway, because I fucking love Furnace Celebration.
>>
>>46848289

As someone that tried hard to make Ezuri work. Don't.

Combos in MTG work like this. You have card A that does something. Card B relies on Card A doing something, and gives you a benefit for doing that. Then Card C, D .... Z follow in line. So in this case, you have weenies being played when Ezuri is in play, and doing something with the counter. The deck relies too much on Ezuri to do meaningful things. The chokepoint here is Ezuri himself, who requires set up just to work and has no real substitutes in the deck just in case he eats removal. And he has no inherent protection (Unless you float lands for instant protection). And he doesn't immediately go off either.

Edric? Drop the nigga with dude in play, swing with dude, draw card. Then watch you opponents figure out who to kill. Simple, yet effective.
>>
>>46849157

I understand that, but I still can't get over the fact that my opponents can draw cards off of Edric and the fact that the damage output just isn't impressive in any of my simulated plays.

My thought with Ezuri is that he does not have to be the exclusive generator of counters and not relying so heavily on combos, but rather playing it as more of a flying token deck (I had acquired many cards for a Rhys deck: Kalonian, Doubling Season, Craterhoof) And I was thinking of those types as my finishers rather than trying for Ezuri + Sage.
>>
>>46845525

Thanks, man. Maybe a goodstuff deck would be best.
>>
>>46845300
Oddly, that card goes really well in R/W, where it can turn some of W's cantrips and R's card-replacers into cheap card advantage.
>>
How would you rate these cards?

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=107535

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=83833
>>
>>46853415
Very bad, and kinda bad
>>
>>46853415
>http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=107535
why have you posted this card
why
what could you possibly be thinking?
in what situation do you ever want essentially a 5 mana 3/3 that will shrink, and can spend one mana to get flying?

>http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=83833
playable, but not great.
it's only useful turns 1-4 beyond that it's another liability. what are you going to do turn 6 when you draw this?
>>
File: This is why.jpg (704 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
This is why.jpg
704 KB, 2448x3264
>>46853560
>why have you posted this card
>why
>what could you possibly be thinking?
>>
>>46853612
what happened?
>>
>>46853612
Did you... eat them?
>>
>>46853612
new puppy?

no big loss bro
>>
>>46853624
>>46853626
My friend gave me a box of cards a couple months ago, mostly Yu Gi Oh which is the main reason I wanted the box, found these while I was sorting the box out, pretty sure there are some other cards with bites in them. They are part of what is officially known as "The Tim Set" according to him and my other friend.
>>
>>46853415
How hard is it to post the names?
Helium Squirter sucks, Wonder and Archetype of Imagination give flying more efficiently

Why would you play Elves of Deep Shadow in a format with BoP?
>>
>>46853560
>helium squirter
10/10 name
1/10 card
final score 3/10

>Elves of Deep Shadow
4/10 name
4/10 card
black elf deck/10
final score 0/10
>>
>>46853640
....does tim.... eat cards?
>>
>>46853651
Sorry don't really post in MTG threads a lot, only reason I posted here is that on the rare occasion I do play it's EDH

>>46853664
No score for card art?

>>46853675
I don't know, I think Tim was just some kid at the YMCA they didn't like.
>>
>>46853694
>No score for card art?
actually I didn't notice the squirters have little anuses
4/10

fags of deep shadow has an elf with a black activated ability, and is holding a scythe, so that is fitting i guess
still black elf deck/10
0/10
>>
File: Image.jpg (26 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
26 KB, 223x310
>>46853725
>The old art isn't even that bad
>It's just literally nothing
>>
>>46824241
>Purph
I even play Purph and it's great but but it's REAL easy to hate that deck right off the table.
Even a well timed mill spell can be actually devastating.
>>
>>46848356
So, that's like a worse Doomsday?
>>
Best commander for a GRx colour hate deck? Ruric Thar looks good but I'd be doing just as much damage to myself as to my opponents so I'm not sure I should use him.
>>
>>46854175
Madrush Cyclops?
Mayael the Anima?
Prossh, Skyraider of Kher?

Ruric Thar does look good.
>>
>>46854175
Ruric only triggers on noncreature, but you'd probably want white or black for maximum group slug.

I have Darigaaz group slug, there really isn't any one legendary built for that strategy other than Shattergang Bros.
>>
>>46825064
>>46827613
>>46845995
>>46846158
>Not a single pre modern legendary.

Fuck /tg/ is nothing but 10 year olds.
>>
>>46833182
A friend put Phage into his deck specifically to screw with the guy in our group that uses that. He finally had that pay off the other night.
>>
>>46849151
I could see some really sweet lines starting with Furnace Celebration and KCI, especially with Mycosynth.
>>
File: Maralen of the Mornsong.jpg (38 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Maralen of the Mornsong.jpg
38 KB, 300x300
I'm trying to build Maralen. Any useful tips other than throwing in Ob Nixilis Unshackled?
>>
>>46855560
98 elves
>>
>>46824175
Zur doomsday is the best for that. Hermit druid isn't as good and same with Derevi
>>
>>46828347
Build prossh or kill yourself
>>
>>46824287
Non of those are above t2
>>
File: maEDH.png (3 MB, 3179x1044) Image search: [Google]
maEDH.png
3 MB, 3179x1044
>>46855388
suck a dick desu senpai
>>
>>46855388
I run a lot of them in my Reki deck, but yeah.

There's genuinely not a lot of options when it comes to multicolored generals that AREN'T from Legends. Monocolored decks are an exception for me.

http://magiccards.info/query?q=l%3Aen+is%3Aold+t%3Alegendary+c%3Am+-e%3Alegends+-is%3Areprint&v=card&s=cname

See. Only 23 options.
>>
>>46855388
I agree, everyone should use nothing but axelrod gunnarson or ayesha tanaka, since old legends are the only usable ones :^)
>>
>>46855560
Yes, use a different commander.
>>
>>46846802
The word fair in Magic is completely arbitrary. It means too many things to too many people. EDH in itself is an inherently unfair format that's easy to exploit.

I've long since given up on trying to make my decks fair. Because people will get butthurt at any deck that's better or more consistent than theirs.

I built Xenagod awhile back to just to try and make a """fair""" deck that maybe my playgroup wouldn't bitch me out for. No infinite turns, no infinite mana or damage. It's literally

>I play creature
>I buff creature
>I attack with creature

And still I get shit for it because "I swing for too much damage." There's no such thing as fair. A deck is either good, or it isn't. The only people who say fair are people trying to make themselves look like less of a threat, or salt lords who condemn any deck that beats them.
>>
>>46856137
Who would you suggest for mono black combo?
>>
>>46856199
The way I keep myself fair is the following:

-No big turns that swing the game, so victory is an accumulation of small events
-Limited recursion, running cards that fit into a more modern design sensibility when it comes to recurring
-Tutors are only allowed to be for very specific types of cards and even then, avoid tutoring the same cards over multiple games
-No infinites, obviously given rule 1
-No locks, including MLD. I have populated E-witness tokens before, but even then I couldn't bring myself to grab a counterspell every turn

I feel my rules are pretty clear. People don't mind losing to me, because well, they usually were at 40, then 38, then 33, then 27, then eventually they die.
>>
>>46856215
Chainer or Mikaeus for creature combo, but Sidisi is probably the best overall. Nothing beats a tutor in command zone, and he does about the same thing as Maralen, but better, since the latter gives your opponents the advantage, since no one is going to not get a removal spell, unless they can get a combo piece and win on the same turn. Maralen is only good, when you have something to hinder your opponent's search, like you do with Ob Noxious, or you could do with Stranglehold or Aven Mincensor, but for those you need an additional color.
>>
>play a creature
>counterspelled
>play a big creature
>resolves
>they rite of replication it, bounce your copy back to your hand
>wait for next turn
>play big creature again
>counterspelled
I don't like Rite of Replication. Why couldn't it just be "a creature you control?" What a pain, man.
>>
>>46856515
I don't like Rite because of its kicker, but Supplant Form is perfectly reasonable.

I mean, it isn't really different from a Clone, but you can populate it.
>>
>>46856540
Yeah, I guess it's the kicker that I mainly don't like.
Like, god dammit, I put in some work ramping or whatever to get this creature, that's an investment, and they put in a fraction of that to get five of them? It just feels kind of insulting.
>>
>>46856515
>Have a Thunder cloud Giant out. >
>Opponent plays rite of replication on it times 5.
>He gains 5 Thundercloud giants and deal 25 damage to all non-giant creatures.

Shit was hilarious.
>>
>>46856515
>Playing one creature each turn for 3 turns
>>
>>46856652
It's a hypothetical and very abstract situation, Anon, but I'm sure you can see there are many scenarios that would make this kind of thing not merely an unlikely occurrence but a common one. Eidolon of Rhetoric, for example, or Arcane Laboratory. Ethersworn Canonist. Even not counting cards that force you to only be able to play one creature per turn, there are plenty of boardstates that would produce similar results.
>>46856603
I have to say, it's definitely true that Rite of Replication can lead to some awesome stuff. I still find the card really annoying, though.
>>
>>46856753
If you're letting any of those cards stick in a multiplayer game you deserve to lose
>>
File: Decs.png (1 MB, 1458x898) Image search: [Google]
Decs.png
1 MB, 1458x898
>>46827613
>>46845995
>>46855906
>>46855388
Post 'em
>>
>>46856844
I mean, it's a little unreasonable to expect a guy to have answers for any one of those at any given time. My decks aren't that good, and I kind of doubt that even really competitive decks would have answers for all of those things ready at an instant.
>>
File: Image.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>46856923
>Allows me to scream out PARLEY every time it's my turn
>Free bonus mana every turn
>card draw
>tfw when play out a 10 mana minion on turn 4
>>
>>46856923
>>46857053
Oh right.

>LIFE GAIN!!!!
>>
>>46856940
>it's unreasonable to expect everyone to be running creature and artifact/enchantment removal

holy shit post your decklist I need to see how bad it is.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.